PDA

View Full Version : AFC Media Thread

fenikz
06-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Top 5 Pound for Pound fighters in AFC.

5. Padraig McMullen LHW - Quite possibly the best Muay Thai fighter in MMA, his clinch is on stoppable, the only thing slowing this man down is his lack of a ground game, during many of his fights he would knock the man down with vicious knees but then struggle to finish him off.

4. Chino Avante MW - AFC Grand Prix fight of the night winner and current MW champion Avante took it to his opponents. Part of probably the greatest fight in AFC history Avante isn't afraid to get fancy with his striking, landing flying knees like jabs.

3. Alex Wilson WW - Deadpool choked his way to the top, making all 3 of his opponents scream for mercy. In the cage this man goes for the throat, literally and has a bright future ahead of him.

2. Jimbo Gash HW - Jimbo rolled through out the HW division with 3 KO's, 2 in the 1st round, one in only 20 seconds. The man may have the deadliest hands on the planet, from internet sensation to AFC champion Gash is sure to sell tickets.

1. Callum Correll LW - his devastating kicks demolished the LW division on his way to the top, ending up with 3 1st TKO's. While his ground game has yet to be seen his kicks have the power of a HW.

Gay Ork Wang
06-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Unhappy with first fight

In an interview The Don said he is really not happy with his performance. "I just didn't get into my game. I usually try to use my punches and my strenght to win. But Chino was a very strong competitor but I really didn't hit anything. I have to train some more, but I'm confident that I can win and fight a lot better than this. At least I showed how tough I am. Chino hit me pretty hard and I still managed to fight him off for a while."

JT Jag
06-07-2008, 11:06 PM
Pyro sees potential in his performance
"You know, usually I try and draw the fight out. Win by points or pull my opponent's arm out of its socket. I'm an MMA purist," states the native Italian, an accomplished practitioner of Brazilian jiu-jitsu.

"I don't believe in just coming out swinging. But that first fight... winning that quickly, it was a thrill. It felt natural. Of course, I lost almost as quickly in my second outing, so I need to improve some facets of my game. But it made me think."

fenikz
06-08-2008, 04:23 AM
American Fighting Championship and ESPN have agreed in principle to a 1 year deal for having a 2 hour show every Tuesday night. The AFC has named this simply fight night, a huge step for the sport of MMA and the AFC organization.

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/2931/afcfnlf2.png

Brothgar
06-08-2008, 10:02 AM
Jimbo Gash Post Fight Interview

http://www.touchgloves.com/news/kimbo_sliceexclusive.jpg

Round 1 vs Troy McLure

Jimbo: That's it? Was that a warm up fight?

interviewer: Yes Mr Gash that's it what happened?

Jimbo: I don't know I took it easy on him.

Interviewer: Who do you want to fight next?

Jimbo: It don't matter we got 2 more opponents ready to go line em up.

OSUGiants17
06-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Jimbo Gash Post Fight Interview

http://www.touchgloves.com/news/kimbo_sliceexclusive.jpg

Round 1 vs Troy McLure

Jimbo: That's it? Was that a warm up fight?

interviewer: Yes Mr Slice that's it what happened?

Jimbo: I don't know I took it easy on him.

Interviewer: Who do you want to fight next?

Jimbo: It don't matter we got 2 more opponents ready to go line em up.

don't you mean Mr. Gash?

Brothgar
06-08-2008, 10:26 AM
don't you mean Mr. Gash?

Ha ha you got me! + rep for you.

fenikz
06-08-2008, 06:24 PM
http://www.lawrencecountymma.com/images/logo_sherdog.gif

AFC Fight Night, scheduled fights so far

MW Chris Hero vs J.T. Pairos

LW Thiago Havok vs Jakob Finch

LHW Marcus Mack vs Shelly De Killer

WW Jayson Crane vs Alex McDonald

HW Armin Mrkanovic vs Ben Causer

LW Evan Longorian vs Jorge Romero

A Perfect Score
06-08-2008, 06:27 PM
"Deadpool Wilson calls out Penn, Avante in post-fight interview"

Alex "Deadpool" Wilson called out Kani Penn after defeating in the title match, saying Penn was "unsportsmanlike" in his post bout comments. Wilson later stated that

"anytime he wants to step in the ring again, im ready. He had a gameplan, he was gunna come in and make me tap and beat me on the ground, but i fought his style, and the better fighter came out on top. I bet you all didnt expect to hear the master on hte ground got submitted by a striker. Anytime he wants a rematch, he knows where I am."

Wilson, a renowned trash talker in the sport, loves getting inside his opponents head. And he certainly backs up his talk. His victory over Penn was nothing short of impressive. Speaking of impressive, Wilson later stated that he would not be intimidated by stepping into the octagon against fighters from higher weight classes. Wilson stated

"yeah, I'd fight someone bigger then me. I mean, come on, the bigger they are the harder they fall. I don't back down from anyone. I mean, who is the middleweight champion right now? Avante? he sounds like e mexican breakfast. Get him on the phone, tell him i wanna fight him once Im finished with Penn."

Needless to say, this brash young fighter certainly can talk the talk, and walk the walk.

A Perfect Score
06-08-2008, 06:36 PM
Jakob Finch Post-Bout Interview

Jakob Finch was recently asked to comment on his 2nd round loss to Tim Smith in the AFC Grand Prix. When asked, he replied:

"yeah, I mean its unfortunate, but I give credit where credit is due, and he came out and just fought the better fight. I expected more from myself, but there is always a next time, and I'm sure that I'll see Tim Smith in the ring again before too long."

Finch was also asked to comment on his teammate and training partner Alex "Deadpool" Wilson's recent comments concerning both Kani Penn, and Middleweight champion Chino Avante. He responded with

"ha ha, did he say that? Well, that's Alex, get used to it. He's a bit of a joker, but when he chirps he chirps. And he can back it up, thats the worst part. The guy has never been knocked out. I have been training with him for over 2 years, and I've never seen him go out. That's the worst part about his chirping. There is nothing worse then a guy who talks smack and then backs it up. But you know, that's Alex, and God help the guy who is on the other end of his fist."

And when questioned about his reported feud with fellow lightweight Callum Correll, Finch responded with

"Who, Callum? nah, no feud. That's just some bogus rumour put out there by some bull**** reporter trying to fuel a grudge match. I fully respect Callum, he's a great fighter. Do i think I can beat him? Hell ya. But that's my attitude concerning anyone. Callum is a good fighter and an even better guy. No hard feelings there at all"

OSUGiants17
06-08-2008, 08:17 PM
"Deadpool Wilson calls out Penn, Avante in post-fight interview"

Alex "Deadpool" Wilson called out Kani Penn after defeating in the title match, saying Penn was "unsportsmanlike" in his post bout comments. Wilson later stated that

"anytime he wants to step in the ring again, im ready. He had a gameplan, he was gunna come in and make me tap and beat me on the ground, but i fought his style, and the better fighter came out on top. I bet you all didnt expect to hear the master on hte ground got submitted by a striker. Anytime he wants a rematch, he knows where I am."

Wilson, a renowned trash talker in the sport, loves getting inside his opponents head. And he certainly backs up his talk. His victory over Penn was nothing short of impressive. Speaking of impressive, Wilson later stated that he would not be intimidated by stepping into the octagon against fighters from higher weight classes. Wilson stated

"yeah, I'd fight someone bigger then me. I mean, come on, the bigger they are the harder they fall. I don't back down from anyone. I mean, who is the middleweight champion right now? Avante? he sounds like e mexican breakfast. Get him on the phone, tell him i wanna fight him once Im finished with Penn."

Needless to say, this brash young fighter certainly can talk the talk, and walk the walk.
Penn reacts to Wilson
"I'm ready for a rematch, anytime, anywhere. That belt should be mine, he got lucky. So Wilson, if you really think you are up for another fight then you got one."

fenikz
06-09-2008, 03:02 AM
***Official Announcement***
AFC Fight Night On ESPN, Tuesday @ 9 Pm EST/6 Pm PST

MW Chris Hero vs J.T. Pairos (#1 Contender Bout)

LW Thiago Havok vs Jakob Finch (#1 Contender Bout)

LHW Marcus Mack vs Shelly De Killer

WW Jayson Crane vs Alex McDonald

HW Armin Mrkanovic vs Ben Causer

MW Evan Longorian vs Randy Johnson

A Perfect Score
06-09-2008, 06:37 AM
Finch Says He's Ready For Havok

The Wonder From Down Under isn't nervous entering his next fight, he told reporters after a short training session today. He stated

"I'm ready for it. It's a big fight, but im gunna rebound strong from my last loss and i'm gunna come out strong and he's gotta know i'm gunning for him at this point. He's a good guy, but once i step into that octagon, It's all wonder, Jakob Finch is no more. We fight similar styles, so I'm just gunna go in there, do what I do, and let the best man win.

JT Jag
06-09-2008, 08:00 AM
De Killer dismisses the threat of Mack, calls his shot

"Marcus Mack? Who?" This was the reaction of the champion shootboxer from Amiens, France after the announcement of the roster for Fight Night this week. "He's just another obstacle. 5 minutes. That's all I'll need."

Caddy
06-09-2008, 08:58 AM
Crayne Calls out McDonald

In a heated interview conducted by ESPN reporters, Australian AFC welter weight fighter Jayson Crane has called out his upcoming opponent Alex McDonald.

"The Frenchie? What kind of a dumb ******* nickname is that," said Crane.

"Just let that wimpy *** Canadian ******* try and take me down on fight night. If he thinks that is what's going to happen then he has got another thing coming because I am going to beat the **** out of him."

These words are certainly heated and borderline inappropriate, but they certainly do make for some good smack talk pre-fight. Crayne is expected to win the fight within 2 rounds by knockout.

UKfan
06-09-2008, 11:25 AM
Ben Causer on his upcoming opponent.

I'm looking forward to matching up with Armin, I have nothing but respect for the guy. However I've been working on my striking to coincide with my ground game and I hope that I can put on a good show for the fans, and ultimately win.

JT Jag
06-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Pairos speaks out about upcoming bout

"I have nothing but respect for Chris Hero. He's old-school, man. He's what you look for when you think about a prototypical MMA fighter--- a real jack of all trades. He sees a weakness in your style, any weakness, and he has more then enough knowledge and skill to take advantage. I got to keep the fight on the ground where I have the advantage if I want to win. And I want to win, I want that belt."

Bosanac01
06-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Armin Mrkanovic on his AFC debuit

"Im gonna try to keep this a stand up game. I dont want to clich nor get on the ground. I want to stay on my feet and pound him with kicks and punches to the body and head. Im looking to murder him and prove I belong in this league. I wanna give the fans something to be excited about, im going for the KO."

-Armin "The Bosnian Prince" Mrkanovic

Tampa 2 4 life
06-09-2008, 01:36 PM
Evan Longoria speaks to his opponent:

"Call me the malpracticing Plastic Surgereon, because I'm about to make permanent scars on his face. Seriously, I'd be surprised if this thing went 2 rounds."

fenikz
06-09-2008, 04:59 PM
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/8265/afccds4.png

The AFC has agreed in principal to a 2 year deal with Fox to broadcast a weekly 2 hour show starting Thursday, June 12th.

UKfan
06-10-2008, 02:06 PM
Ben Causer on his recent victory at AFC fight night.

"I'd like to first of all offer mad props to Armin making his debut in the AFC, he's a good fighter, but I needed this win after the loss in the Grand Prix, but I am back and I am feeling good. Armin will make a real impact in time, but tonight was my night. There's not going to be any begging for title shots from me, I'll fight whoever is put in front of me, I fight because I love the sport and I hope the fans appreciate that."

JT Jag
06-10-2008, 02:22 PM
De Killer Post-Fight Press Conference

"It took more then five minutes," said the light-heavyweight with a smile on his face. "Mack... he won my respect tonight. I had to throw everything at him to get that submission. If he wants a rematch, I'd think about it."

Asked if he wanted a shot at the title against Padraig, de Killer was evasive. "I'm going to get that shot eventually. But if I need to pay a few more dues to get there, so be it."

JT Jag
06-10-2008, 02:23 PM
Pairos Post-Fight Statement to the Press

Pairos' statement was short and sweet. "Yeah, that was a fun match. Hero put up a fight, but he just couldn't escape one I got him into that first joint lock on the ground. I'd like to go up against him again some time. But now, I want my rematch against Chino. See you in the octagon, Alvante."

Tampa 2 4 life
06-10-2008, 02:39 PM
Evan Longoria speaks to his opponent:

"Call me the malpracticing Plastic Surgereon, because I'm about to make permanent scars on his face. Seriously, I'd be surprised if this thing went 2 rounds."

"Hey look, my premonition came true, call me Miss Cleo or something. Which one of you is next? How about The Don or The Hitman or one of you other fools with a nickname only a 12 year old could love. After I get done with you, you'll be known as "The Bruised", anyway, I'm out."

A Perfect Score
06-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Jakob Finch Post Fight Interview

Jakob Finch praised his opponent Thiago Havok after the fight, stating

"it was one of the most difficult and exhausting fights of my life. Havok is a warrior, straight up. That fight could have easily gone either way. I got some good shots in, he got some good shots in, and I thought he had me at the end when he was pummelling me with those punches. In the end, I pulled it out, but props to Havok for making it a war."

Brothgar
06-12-2008, 01:35 PM

The AFC has agreed in principal to a 2 year deal with Fox to broadcast a weekly 2 hour show starting Thursday, June 12th.

so who's fighting tonight?

fenikz
06-12-2008, 01:39 PM
WW Kani Penn vs Jack Bauer*

HW William Wallace vs Greg White*

MW Don Norton vs Bob Johnson*

LW James Eliminateko vs Joe Johnson*

LHW Ian Trenton* vs Seth Flowers*

Gay Ork Wang
06-12-2008, 03:31 PM
"I'm looking for enemies not victims...It was as easy as stealing a lollipop from a toddler!"

fenikz
06-16-2008, 01:17 PM
Week 2 Schedule

Lightweight Championship: Jakob Finch vs Callum Correll
Don Norton vs Chris Hero
Kevin Silva vs Seth Flowers*
Alex MacDonald vs Jim Rounded*
Jaccobi Kirkpatrick vs Zane MacDonald*
Randy Johnson* vs Brandon Webb*

Middleweight Championship: Chino Herrera vs J.T. Pairos
Thiago Havok vs James Eliminateko
Evan Longorian vs Mike Lowell*
Marcus Mack vs Ian Trenton*
Jesus Colome* vs Pedro Colome*
Alvin Lopez* vs Troy McLure*

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/9239/vendua1.png
Welterweight Championship: Kani Penn vs Alex Wilson
#1 Contender Fight: William Wallace vs Ben Causer
Shelly De Killer vs Ken Dorsey
Jayson Crane vs Jack Bauer*
Armin Mrkanovic vs Greg White*
Takahira Kogoro* vs Jorge Romero*

Gay Ork Wang
06-16-2008, 01:20 PM
"I hope my next opponent is not such an easy opponent...Chris Hero? That name fits, he will be needing a hero to save him from the next fight!"

A Perfect Score
06-16-2008, 03:09 PM
"Deadpool" Wilson Speaks Out On Defending his WW Title

Alex Wilson is at it again. The trash talking Canadian once again called out fellow WW Kani Penn, regarding their upcoming rematch for the WW championship.

"Kani Penn? Again? Come on, they can at least give me someone new to beat on. You know what, I'm not even gunna play around with him this time. Last time, we fought it his way, I won. This time, I'm just gunna go out there and do my thing. Penn doesnt have a chance. I'm gunna lay him the **** out. Do any of you know what a deadpool actually is? A Deadpool is when people bet on when a person is gunna die. If I was a gambling man, I would put my money on Round 1. Cause Kani Penn isn't going to last much longer then that. To quote one of the most bad***men in film, KING KONG AINT GOT **** ON ME!*beats chest emphatically*

Who will be the WW champion? After last fight, we have no reason to believe that Deadpool Wilson wont once again defeat Kani Penn.

A Perfect Score
06-16-2008, 03:12 PM
Jakob Finch Speaks on fighting for the LW Championship

Jakob "The Wonder From Down Under" Finch, owner of the most colourful nickname is the AFC, recently spoke out about his upcoming title bout with fellow LW Callum Correll.

"I've saiad it before and I'll say it again, Callum is a great fighter and an even better guy, but once i step into the ring, its game on. No more Mr. Nice Australian Guy with the funny accent. I come to play. So Im gunna go out, I'm gunna do what I do, and I;m gunna see if i cant break his pretty nose. My greatest respects to him, but its go time. Zero hour. And Callum better be ready.

Brothgar
06-16-2008, 03:29 PM
Jimbo Gash Discusses his lack of challengers for his title

"They know they can't compete with the ultimate champion" Gash said.
"There just isn't a heavyweight that can take these fists of furry. I'm puttin' open season out here anyone wanna shot at the champ step to the line else cower in fear. Lets face it no one wants none of this."

Tampa 2 4 life
06-16-2008, 05:31 PM
It's Time For John Madden's AFC Fight Night Pickstravaganza
http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/john-madden-thumb.jpg

I may be an NFL analyst, but I know BOOMS when I see them, so here are my picks for AFC' fight night on June 16th.

Randy Johnson* vs Brandon Webb*
A battle of the pushovers, neither have gotten a win, The Big Unit hasn't even gotten out of the first round(Subbed both times), while Webb has been TKO'd once, and subbed once. My pick is Brandon Webb because he has shown to be tougher and a better striker, he'll win by TKO.

Jaccobi Kirkpatrick vs Zane MacDonald*
Another battle of the winless, Zane was kneebar'd by William Wallace 3 minutes in to his fight in the first, while Jaccobi was subbed by Ben Causer. Jaccobi Kirkpatrick hurt Causer a bit before getting subbed, so he gets the nod for me by TKO.

I've got Alex Mcdonald and Kevin Silva winning the next two fights easily.

Don Norton vs Chris Hero
Big MW fight here. Don Norton is coming off a win against Bob Johnson, while Hero came off a tough loss to JT Pairos. Both are strikers, In my opinion The Don owns it standing up while Hero has the advantage on the ground. Look for this to go the distance, and I've got Chris Hero by split decision.

Lightweight Championship: Jakob Finch vs Callum Correll
The big one. The main event is the much anticipated LW championship, and the winner gets all the turducken. These two haven't fought, but Correll's kicks dominated the LW clas in the grand prix. Don't underestimate Finch's kicking prowess either, as well as his crushing elbows. If I'm Jakob Finch, I'm going in to the clinch and just striking Callum with my elbows and knees, not giving him a chance to wind up a big kick. I'm taking Jakob Finch by TKO in 4.

BOOM, That's all for now, I'll put up my Conflict picks on Wednesday, and remember, SAVE ME SOME ******* TURDUCKEN.

diabsoule
06-17-2008, 01:58 PM
http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/930/36aj2.jpg

Heavyweight #1 Conteder William Wallace speaks out on upcoming match

"... of course I'm excited about the match. Causer is a great fighter but I'm the #1 contender and I plan on proving that in the octagon this weekend. The War Machine is not going to let anyone get in his way. My goal is to hold that championship gold and I plan on doing just that. Causer is a speed bump. I respect his talents. Yes, I've seen some of his matches and I've been impressed. But! He's never stepped inside the steel with me. I'm expecting a good match but I can tell you already who the winner is. And it's me. Don't act surprised..."

diabsoule
06-17-2008, 02:16 PM
http://www.wrestlingworld.it/Historical/Biografie/Lowki/10lowki.jpg

MW Champion Herrera speaks out on upcoming match

"Ah yes, I get to fight JT Pairos this weekend. I remember him. He's a great combatant. We've fought in the octagon before, remember? Yeah, I won. I plan on doing that again. He's a competitor. He's feisty. You have to respect that. He's talented too. You gotta respect talent. But, muchacho, I just won this belt and I'm not about to lose it in my first title defense. Sorry to disappoint you, JT, but I'm going to be holding onto this baby for a little while longer."

A Perfect Score
06-17-2008, 02:53 PM
Jakob Finch Speaks out After Devastating Loss

Jakob "The Wonder From Down Under" Finch spoke out about his loss to LW Champion Callum Correll recently.

"What do you want me to say? We both came out and gave it our alls, and Callum came out on top. He landed some good shots, I landed some good shots, unfortunately I couldnt get him on hte ground and therefore I couldnt play my game. And I couldnt beat him at his. Callum is very good at the things he does. My head still hurts frmo that knee.

JT Jag
06-19-2008, 11:44 PM
JT Pyros Newsbreak

Following his fight against Chino, breaking news has been released that Pyro has fired his training staff. Updates as they develop.

Tampa 2 4 life
06-20-2008, 09:45 AM
Evan Longorian Challenges Rest of MW Class

"Can none of you fools even take me out of the first round? I thought the first fighter was a pushover, but this one had a winning record and I beat him silly too. Who's next?"

Brothgar
06-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Jimbo Gash finally gets challenged

Jimbo Gash will be putting his belt on the Line tomorrow against William Wallace in a rematch of the Heavy Weight Grand Prix championships. When asked Gash said. Yeah I guess he was the best fighter I faced but that isn't saying much he'd better bring his A game tomorrow or else he's just going to get hurt."