PDA

View Full Version : WWE Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

WMD
05-20-2006, 05:30 AM
Haha, Anyone who thinks the NAO would even come back to WWE are crazy. They did some shoot video I saw where they bashed Triple H pretty bad..

I think MNM would be a good fit but they'd be better off on their own. I think Ken Kennedy would fit in great as well but he's just like MNM, better on his own.. though Vince McMahon loves Kennedy so you never know..it should be interesting to see who they put in DX.

WMD
05-20-2006, 06:23 AM
Oh and regarding Lashley, I think he's awesome but he's got this baby face that doesn't make him look tough at all. He should grow a full on beard and keep his bald head. Also, he should get a better finisher than the Spear.

Jay
05-20-2006, 06:50 AM
Haha, Anyone who thinks the NAO would even come back to WWE are crazy. They did some shoot video I saw where they bashed Triple H pretty bad..

Yeah, that's why I said they burned their bridges...

Jay
05-20-2006, 09:39 AM
http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/promos/ppv_promos/2006/2557346/veng06rd1_?section=/

:twisted:

05-20-2006, 09:49 AM
WWE certainly isn't being bashful about that one.

Jay
05-20-2006, 12:17 PM
I'm just surprised that they are being so open about it. I guess they REALLY want to sell the PPV...

05-20-2006, 02:18 PM
Oh and regarding Lashley, I think he's awesome but he's got this baby face that doesn't make him look tough at all. He should grow a full on beard and keep his bald head. Also, he should get a better finisher than the Spear.

Yeah, its called the dominator

YAYareaRB
05-20-2006, 07:10 PM
Is this it? I clicked the link and it wasn't found.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/23/Vengeance06.gif/250px-Vengeance06.gif

Jay
05-20-2006, 07:55 PM
I just watched Mr. Kennedy lay out CM Punk on the OVW DVD I just got in the mail. Jimmy Snuka's son is on it too going by the name Deuce Shades I think. He's a big dude. If anyone has the ability, I definitely recommend you pick up an OVW DVD or two from their website, this is great!!

MY NAME!! EEEES ARMANDO!!! ALEJANDRO!!!! ESSSSTRaRaRaRaRaRaRaaadaaaaa!!!

That dude is simply AMAZING cutting a promo. And the non-ditzy version of Maria is pretty cool on the mic too. I'm definitely ordering some more of these soon...

Jay
05-20-2006, 07:56 PM
Oh and the link had a video hyping DX's return...

05-20-2006, 08:12 PM
who is the Mystery fighter mysterio is wrestlin tonight?

anyone know?

thanks

YAYareaRB
05-20-2006, 08:21 PM
who is the Mystery fighter mysterio is wrestlin tonight?

anyone know?

thanks

Konan... jk but what a guess huh?

05-21-2006, 01:29 PM
Anybody a part of the WWE Fantasy League?

Nerv
05-21-2006, 01:37 PM

omg way back in the day i totally use to be into and in WWF sim leagues where you were a wrestler and put into matches and the winner was judged by the commissioner on who was best on the 'mic' (e-mails) building their guy up and talking the other guy down. Was pretty fun stuff.

YAYareaRB
05-21-2006, 02:19 PM

omg way back in the day i totally use to be into and in WWF sim leagues where you were a wrestler and put into matches and the winner was judged by the commissioner on who was best on the 'mic' (e-mails) building their guy up and talking the other guy down. Was pretty fun stuff.

They got that E-Fed thing now where it's just a big message board. You RP on the board. It's really fun but takes time and patience.

05-21-2006, 03:59 PM

I was actually talking about the Fantasy League on WWE.com. You get points for everytime superstar does their finisher, or shows up on camera, stuff like that.

Jay
05-21-2006, 09:15 PM
While I am not watching the PPV, just reading about it, it appears my guy was wrong, but with the way he match seems to have gone down, it looks as though Lashley definitely established himself bigtime tonight...

Fred Savage
05-21-2006, 09:26 PM
I didnt even know there was a PPV tonight. I guess that shows how much I hate Smackdown. The only reasons I will watch are for Simon Dean and Kurt Angle.

Nerv
05-21-2006, 09:27 PM
I didnt even know there was a PPV tonight. I guess that shows how much I hate Smackdown. The only reasons I will watch are for Simon Dean and Kurt Angle.

Undertaker > Fred Savage

Jay
05-21-2006, 09:31 PM
I was going to get it but $35 to see an eight minute Bobby Lashley match just didn't seem worth it to me. The rest is pretty blah to me... even though they are using the new Killswitch Engage song for the PPV...

Fred Savage
05-21-2006, 09:34 PM

Undertaker > Fred Savage
Undertaker isnt even on Smackdown. They write him into the storyline and he wrestles at PPV's. I think he is retiring soon.

05-21-2006, 09:41 PM

Undertaker > Fred Savage
Undertaker isnt even on Smackdown. They write him into the storyline and he wrestles at PPV's. I think he is retiring soon.

Edge Vs. Undertaker and next Wrestlemania (both are unbeaten) UT wins and retires

Fred Savage
05-21-2006, 09:44 PM

Undertaker > Fred Savage

Edge Vs. Undertaker and next Wrestlemania (both are unbeaten) UT wins and retires
Sounds good. Undertaker needs to go out in a crazy Hell in the Cell Match were Edge steals the show but doesnt win.

05-21-2006, 09:48 PM
edge is the rated r superstar

05-21-2006, 09:49 PM
Wow, that had the big ****** Great Khali beat the Undertaker.

YAYareaRB
05-21-2006, 09:50 PM
Wow, that had the big *********** Great Khali beat the Undertaker.

The Great Kahli looks like the guy dancing in your avatar.

05-21-2006, 09:56 PM
that's actually the great jesus christ

Nerv
05-21-2006, 10:22 PM
Wow, that had the big *********** Great Khali beat the Undertaker.

what the hell, they had the Undertaker lose to some retart freak show giant guy, im never going to watch the WWE again.

rainbeaukid2
05-21-2006, 10:51 PM
how did undertaker lose? when i used to watch it, undertaker was the bomb.

WMD
05-21-2006, 11:46 PM
The Undertaker lost probably because they're establishing The Great Khali as a huge monster that can't be stopped.

Jay
05-22-2006, 06:46 AM
Can't believe after they continually buried Rey the last few weeks, they went and had him win last night. I know the dude needs knee surgery, maybe Batista is closer to being back then not...

eazyb81
05-22-2006, 02:27 PM
I'm thinking now that Booker T won KoTR, now they will setup a Booker/Rey Mysterio fued where Booker will take the title, just in time for Batista to come back and have a huge Booker/Batista feud.

05-22-2006, 04:47 PM
On Monday May 15 I wrote:

Smackdown:: Booker T will win the King of the Ring and subsequently win the title. There will be a Booker T/Batista feud due to a real life fight they got into backstage at a show. So Batista could win the title right when he gets back and then lose it to Booker T, or Batista will win it from Booker T.

Raw:: RVD will win the title at One Night Stand, causing Cena to turn heel. Then Triple H will win the title from RVD with the help of the future D-X members.

I'm thinking now that Booker T won KoTR, now they will setup a Booker/Rey Mysterio fued where Booker will take the title, just in time for Batista to come back and have a huge Booker/Batista feud.

damn I am good... also, I heard that Melina and Johnny Nitro will becoming over to RAW. They could potentially be apart of the new DX. Funny thing is, the night before WrestleMania, my friend had a dream that Triple H reformed DX with MNM, he could have been quite close

scubbsscoo
05-22-2006, 04:49 PM
The Great Khali looks like George Murasean!

dRaFtDoRk
05-22-2006, 05:35 PM
My favorite wrestler is Eugene, cuz he's a tard, and he does the Rock Bottom.

tard...

WMD
05-22-2006, 08:13 PM
I hate that the WWE had to break up MNM, they are the greatest tag team of the past few years.. but apparently Nitro and Melina were pissing people off backstage so I guess it had to be done :?

Jay
05-22-2006, 08:26 PM
The hardcore title is officially back.

I don't want to see old man Funk in a match. The guy can't even stand up straight, how the hell is he going to fight in a match?

Jay
05-22-2006, 08:27 PM
Why is F u n k censored?

Jay
05-22-2006, 08:28 PM
Sorry double post :oops:

WMD
05-22-2006, 08:33 PM
Not sure why it'd be censored.

But yeah, I don't want to see Terry in a match either. He even had a hard time getting down the ramp..

Jay
05-22-2006, 08:35 PM
Maybe it's because if you replace the N with a C the word changes... who knows.

Anyone know how to rip something off a DVD? I want to upload some OVW clips on You Tube...

WMD
05-22-2006, 09:20 PM
No idea but you could probably Google it... You'll probably need to download a program though.. :?

You might be able to just download SnagIt and not have to rip and encode the entire DVD...

bearsfan_51
05-22-2006, 10:16 PM
The Great Khali is a beast. He and Bautista could have some pretty big slobberknockers.

05-22-2006, 10:31 PM
The Great Khali is a beast. He and Bautista could have some pretty big slobberknockers.

If he doesn't get fired after the next Pay Per View

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
05-23-2006, 12:47 AM
I hate that the WWE had to break up MNM, they are the greatest tag team of the past few years.. but apparently Nitro and Melina were pissing people off backstage so I guess it had to be done :?

Hate that they broke them up also there aren't many tag teams left at all on both brands. Also it is amazing how many problems that Smackdown has run into from Eddie passing away to all these backstage problems it won't be long till they bring the brands back together.

Nerv
05-23-2006, 12:58 AM

They had him beat the Undertaker, they better not fire him.

By the way, I definately have to say that Mickie James is the ugliest diva, give the belt back to Trish already.

http://www.trishstratus.8k.com/pictures/swim/004.jpg

Jay
05-23-2006, 06:12 AM
I like Mickie James charector.

05-23-2006, 08:45 AM
[quote=bearsfan_51]The Great Khali is a beast. He and Bautista could have some pretty big slobberknockers.

They had him beat the Undertaker, they better not fire him.

By the way, I definately have to say that Mickie James is the ugliest diva, give the belt back to Trish already.
quote]

Well he has already hurt several wrestlers at house shows, so he has to show some improvement, otherwise he could get canned.

And you mean give the belt back to Trish, the one with her arm in a sling. The one that was legitimately hurt and still could be. Did you see the video of her shoulder popping out of joint, it was pretty nasty.

YAYareaRB
05-23-2006, 08:56 AM
Was the great kahli on "The Longest Yard"?

Jay
05-23-2006, 09:34 AM
Yup.

NewAgePack
05-23-2006, 11:45 AM
i dont have school today and went to bed before michaels went against the spirit squad cause that ****'s a joke.

Jay
05-23-2006, 01:56 PM
I LOVE the Spirit Squad. They are so good at what they do. The best heals the WWE has seen in a long time.

Ken Doane is actually from the city I am from. Only 20 years old. He's going to be a good one for a looooong time. Once they break the Spirit Squad up, most of those guys will move on to singles success, especially Ken and Johnny Jeter.

Fred Savage
05-23-2006, 07:01 PM
I cant believe there giving The Great Kahali this big of a push. Smackdown truly sucks ass.

The Spirit Squad is the best thing to happen to the WWE is a long time. Kenny is going to be the next Hall of Fame type main event guy.

Jimmy
05-23-2006, 07:02 PM
619 baby

YAYareaRB
05-23-2006, 08:10 PM
I cant believe there giving The Great Kahali this big of a push. Smackdown truly is not good ass.

The Spirit Squad is the best thing to happen to the WWE is a long time. Kenny is going to be the next Hall of Fame type main event guy.

Yeah...They'll choose which one will break away from the rest and have him out being a main event type guy.

Eaglez.Fan
05-23-2006, 08:11 PM
Wrestleing sucks and is fake :roll:

WMD
05-23-2006, 09:05 PM
Wrestleing is not good and is fake :roll: :lol:

bearsfan_51
05-23-2006, 09:07 PM
I cant believe there giving The Great Kahali this big of a push. Smackdown truly is not good ass.
The Great Khali eats babies.

I think once Bautista and Randy Orton come back Smackdown will actually have a pretty decent roster.

Faces:
Bautista
Kurt Angle (or heel)
Chris Benoit
Rey Jr
Undertaker
Lashley
Boogeyman (what the hell happened to him?)

Heels:
Randy Orton
Kurt Angle (or face)
Booker T
The Great Khali
JBL
Ken Kennedy....Kennedy

I did not include Mark Henry because...well...he sucks ass.

Brodeur
05-23-2006, 09:12 PM
Wrestleing is not good and is fake :roll:

Thank you for the generalization. Oh, and it's staged, not fake.

And I think I'm the only person that thinks the whole D-X thing is just a giant smokescreen because everyone is expecting it.

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
05-23-2006, 09:15 PM

I think once Bautista and Randy Orton come back Smackdown will actually have a pretty decent roster.

Faces:
Bautista
Kurt Angle (or heel)
Chris Benoit
Rey Jr
Undertaker
Lashley

Heels:
Randy Orton
Kurt Angle (or face)
Booker T
The Great Khali
JBL
Ken Kennedy....Kennedy

I did not include Mark Henry because...well...he is not good ass.

Boogeyman is hurt and won't return till I think the fall. Smackdown has a nice roster but WWE keeps picking from it I have read rumors are that JBL is on his way to Raw and Kennedy might go to ECW due to lack of heels, even though I would rather see Kennedy stay with Smackdown.

Jimmy
05-23-2006, 09:20 PM
Wrestleing is not good and is fake :roll: :lol:

i stil feel that way, but the video game is sick, and rey mysterio is a freak of nature beast.. thats why i like it sort of

drphil014
05-23-2006, 10:21 PM
all about the divas everything else sucks!!!!!!!

Fred Savage
05-23-2006, 10:33 PM
Smackdown has a good roster but the show isnt entertaining. Raw is entertaining. The McMahons and all of the talking make the show. I cant watch 2 straight hours of wretling. I need storylines, feuds, witty insults, plot turns.

WMD
05-23-2006, 11:04 PM
I can watch two straight hours of wrestling.. and unless it's someone good doing the talking I hate long interviews.

05-24-2006, 12:05 AM

Faces:
Bautista
Kurt Angle (or heel)
Chris Benoit
Rey Jr
Undertaker
Lashley

Heels:
Randy Orton
Kurt Angle (or face)
Booker T
The Great Khali
JBL
Ken Kennedy....Kennedy

I like Mark Henry, i dont understand why everyone shats on him

"Promte,Swift,Vengeful,Retaliation" -Mr.Mcmahon

WMD
05-24-2006, 12:06 AM
Because he is terrible... that's why :lol: :lol:

bearsfan_51
05-24-2006, 12:07 AM
Smackdown has a good roster but the show isnt entertaining. Raw is entertaining. The McMahons and all of the talking make the show. I cant watch 2 straight hours of wretling. I need storylines, feuds, witty insults, plot turns.
To be honest with you I can't remember the last time I actually watched Smackdown. Friday Night is a terrible time slot for any television. I've just seen clips of a few of them online, particularly the Boogeyman, Khali, and Ken Kennedy....Kennedy.

I do like the wrestling more than the talking though. I used to be a big fan of WCW back in the day, although I'd probably find it childish and hokey now that I'm older.

bearsfan_51
05-24-2006, 12:08 AM

Faces:
Bautista
Kurt Angle (or heel)
Chris Benoit
Rey Jr
Undertaker
Lashley

Heels:
Randy Orton
Kurt Angle (or face)
Booker T
The Great Khali
JBL
Ken Kennedy....Kennedy

Fat, slow, bad on the mic, no personality, no real character, can't put people over, doesn't sell moves..umm....

Nerv
05-24-2006, 12:09 AM
Kenny is by far the gheyest member of the Spirit Squad, and that is saying a lot. He is always wearing that **** headband and doing things so **** that even **** people turn him away.

05-24-2006, 12:26 AM

Faces:
Bautista
Kurt Angle (or heel)
Chris Benoit
Rey Jr
Undertaker
Lashley

Heels:
Randy Orton
Kurt Angle (or face)
Booker T
The Great Khali
JBL
Ken Kennedy....Kennedy

Fat, slow, bad on the mic, no personality, no real character, can't put people over, doesn't sell moves..umm....

Fat and slow doesnt matter for henry he's one of the worlds strongest people that would matter. He is a credible heel because he's very very strongest with a nasty streak. He's not the greatest on the mic but he's servicable. he's sells move and it is very hard to put someone over against Henry because I wont believe Rey Mysterio will ever beat him

Hawks, Sox and Bears o my
05-24-2006, 12:29 AM

Faces:
Bautista
Kurt Angle (or heel)
Chris Benoit
Rey Jr
Undertaker
Lashley

Heels:
Randy Orton
Kurt Angle (or face)
Booker T
The Great Khali
JBL
Ken Kennedy....Kennedy

Fat and slow doesnt matter for henry he's one of the worlds strongest people that would matter. He is a credible heel because he's very very strongest with a nasty streak. He's not the greatest on the mic but he's servicable. he's sells move and it is very hard to put someone over against Henry because I wont believe Rey Mysterio will ever beat him

Undertaker could realiztically kick his ass but Henry couldn't even put him over.

05-24-2006, 12:42 AM

Faces:
Bautista
Kurt Angle (or heel)
Chris Benoit
Rey Jr
Undertaker
Lashley

Heels:
Randy Orton
Kurt Angle (or face)
Booker T
The Great Khali
JBL
Ken Kennedy....Kennedy

Undertaker could realiztically kick his ass but Henry couldn't even put him over.

In the Wm22 match Henry wasnt supposed to put te Undertaker over. It was to start his push and the entrance of Khali

Fred Savage
05-24-2006, 12:55 PM

Faces:
Bautista
Kurt Angle (or heel)
Chris Benoit
Rey Jr
Undertaker
Lashley

Heels:
Randy Orton
Kurt Angle (or face)
Booker T
The Great Khali
JBL
Ken Kennedy....Kennedy

In the Wm22 match Henry wasnt supposed to put te Undertaker over. It was to start his push and the entrance of Khali
Mark Henry is awful. I just want him out of the WWE. Bears-fan51 is 100% correct.

Get used to Kenny, Nerv. He is going to around a long time, and will probally be the next intercontinental champion. I love theSpirit Squad.

Nerv
05-24-2006, 01:13 PM

Faces:
Bautista
Kurt Angle (or heel)
Chris Benoit
Rey Jr
Undertaker
Lashley

Heels:
Randy Orton
Kurt Angle (or face)
Booker T
The Great Khali
JBL
Ken Kennedy....Kennedy

Mark Henry is awful. I just want him out of the WWE. Bears-fan51 is 100% correct.

Get used to Kenny, Nerv. He is going to around a long time, and will probally be the next intercontinental champion. I love theSpirit Squad.

Makes me a bit happier that I don't watch wrestling much anymore, Kenny is **** irl. And what the duce does 'put him over' mean.

Also, being one of the strongest people in the world doesnt make you a great fighter, many worlds strongest men competitors have fought in pro fighting organizations and they all su cked and get whooped.

WMD
05-24-2006, 02:33 PM
Makes me a bit happier that I don't watch wrestling much anymore, Kenny is **** irl. And what the duce does 'put him over' mean.

Put Him Over means to either have a great match where the opponent looks better after the match, or just to lose to the opponent to elevate him...

And who cares if someone is gay in real life? Kanyon is gay and he was awesome.

Fred Savage
05-24-2006, 05:23 PM
KENNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/k/kendoan/02.jpg

05-24-2006, 05:47 PM

Faces:
Bautista
Kurt Angle (or heel)
Chris Benoit
Rey Jr
Undertaker
Lashley

Heels:
Randy Orton
Kurt Angle (or face)
Booker T
The Great Khali
JBL
Ken Kennedy....Kennedy

Also, being one of the strongest people in the world doesnt make you a great fighter, many worlds strongest men competitors have fought in pro fighting organizations and they all su cked and get whooped.

I wouldnt wanna be the person to see if he can fight

Fred Savage
05-24-2006, 06:05 PM
How does everyone like the new sig.

Draft King
05-24-2006, 06:15 PM
How does everyone like the new sig.

Pretty sick.

05-25-2006, 07:02 PM
- According to one WWE source, its thought that Great Khali has a 50/50 chance at being pushed as a legitimate, long-term main eventer. This will all depend on his progress inside the ring, however, one bad match or very poor crowd response could easily change WWE's plans for him.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=150552721

YAYareaRB
05-25-2006, 10:11 PM
- According to one WWE source, its thought that Great Khali has a 50/50 chance at being pushed as a legitimate, long-term main eventer. This will all depend on his progress inside the ring, however, one bad match or very poor crowd response could easily change WWE's plans for him.

I dunno about this guy. The only thing crazy about him is his height. Oh and he beat Rey Mysterio, which is pretty much an even match... :shock:
I say this angle gets tired and Daivari gets another guy or gets canned.

Fred Savage
05-25-2006, 10:27 PM
I don't think Davairi will get canned but this Great Khali *** will.

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
05-26-2006, 10:47 AM

:roll: I really hope they don't push him as a main eventer, I would hate to watch somebody like Angle try to carry Khali for a 20 min. match.

eazyb81
05-26-2006, 01:21 PM

I dunno about this guy. The only thing crazy about him is his height. Oh and he beat Rey Mysterio, which is pretty much an even match... :shock:
I say this angle gets tired and Daivari gets another guy or gets canned.

I've heard the same thing, and i've also heard that McMahon wants Kahli to take Undertaker's place as the "unbeatable monster" persona.

While Kahli certainly has more work to do on his wrestling skills, you can't teach that kind of size. I could certainly see him going through everyone in the ranks and squashing wrestlers until he reaches main event status. He doesn't have to worry about his mic skills as long as he has Daivari, so all he has to do is stand there and look scary.

I could see a scenario where he continues to mow down everyone in his path until he meets up with Batista later down the road at a PPV once Batista gets the belt back.

05-26-2006, 02:14 PM
I kind of hope Khali's heart explodes.

NewAgePack
05-26-2006, 02:36 PM

right, when vince says the product of my semen you can't not love raw.

Fred Savage
05-26-2006, 07:49 PM
I am watching Smackdown right now and I cant even discribe how much I hate Mark Henry

Fred Savage
05-27-2006, 01:51 PM
My name is Matt Striker and I am your TEACHER!!!!
http://www.gerweck.net/mattstriker.jpg

Jay
05-27-2006, 07:24 PM
-In a WWE.com interview, JBL says he will be "filing a lawsuit" to get back into Smackdown because his verbal contract with Teddy Long isn't valid. (He could also claim his original pin on Rey Mysterio should stand because referee's can't reverse their own decision once it's officially announced.) He said he has some injuries and will be getting them checked out (which as reported in this week's Torch Newsletter is legit true; his back is causing him major pain and prohibiting him from training or having the type of matches he has in the past), but will return to Smackdown afterward. Estimates of how much time he'll miss varies from six to twelve week.

-Chris Benoit is taking what is being called "an indefinite sabbatical" from WWE, as also reported this week in the Torch Newsletter. Says the article, Benoit is taking time off "because of injury after injury, mile after mile and event after event, Chris Benoit feels itÂ’s time he should take a sabbatical. Sources close to Benoit state that he is exhausted both physically and emotionally, and that with time off Benoit will recharge and come back better than ever." This week's Torch Newsletter quotes a WWE colleague of his commenting on his hiatus. Excerpt: Chris Benoit is taking extended time off to let his body heal. "He's been sore for a long time, and it's probably best for him to get proper rest and away from the grind of the road," says one colleague. "For the good of Chris and really, in the big picture, the company, he needs time off."

-Joey Mercury, accordiing to the Wrestling Observer this week, is being sent to drug rehab, and that's why MNM was broken up. As Torch Newsletter reported, Nitro and Melina are slated to move to Raw with Nitro being a singles wrestler.

http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/article_16895.shtml

Jay
05-27-2006, 07:26 PM
-WWE.com announced tonight that on Monday, Vince McMahon will announce a new G.M. of Raw. Dusty Rhodes was planned at one point. Coach has been up for a number of roles lately now that he's off the broadcast team on Raw, so it's conceivable he'd be put in that role instead.

-WWE.com has also announced that Mick Foley will face Paul Heyman on Raw on Monday, plus Triple H will face Kenny of the Spirit Squad.

http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/article_16890.shtml

Jay
05-27-2006, 07:31 PM
-WWE.com has announced the release of Orlando Jordan. There had plans for him to play a bisexual character, but it was never introduced on television. (WTF?!?!)

-Also at WWE.com today, Vince McMahon spoke publicly about the relaunch of the brand. Highlights:

---"We will bring forward many of the more legendary characters of ECW's past, but it can't be the same. That's pretty much impossible. It's now five years later. A lot of the performers now have five more years under their belt, and the ECW style has taken a great deal out of them. This is something that the ECW audience already realizes. They know that if ECW was still in business today, they would be very different from what they were five years ago."

---It will be an alternative, there's no doubt about that. It won't be shot the same way we shoot SmackDown or Raw. It'll have a different feel. It will be more gritty. There will also be more imagination put into concepts and characters. But at the same time, there will need to be a delicate balance because there are three masters to serve. There's the small, vocal ECW audience. Then there's the SCI FI audience that is accustomed to things more SCI FI. And obviously, you have to also be true to our broader audience in terms of what sports-entertainment is today."

---"Over the last several years, we have been busy re-establishing the concept of ECW without it having to be its own brand. Now, with the success of The Rise and Fall of ECW DVD and the success of last year's One Night Stand pay-per-view, it just seemed right. And it feels like this year's One Night Stand pay-per-view will be a launch to re-establish the brand."

---He concluded: "But at the end of the day, Mr. McMahon is in charge."

http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/article_16888.shtml

WMD
05-27-2006, 10:42 PM
Heh, Orlando Jordan was a pimp.

05-27-2006, 11:07 PM
And TNA just got another ripped black wrestler. They're cornering the market.

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
05-28-2006, 06:39 PM
---He concluded: "But at the end of the day, Mr. McMahon is in charge."

Don't like the sound of that.

WMD
05-28-2006, 11:23 PM
WWE is raising the PPV Prices from $34.95 to $39.95.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Remember when In Your House PPV's costed like.. $15 and 'regular' PPV's were $30?

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
05-28-2006, 11:41 PM
WWE is raising the PPV Prices from $34.95 to $39.95.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Remember when In Your House PPV's costed like.. $15 and 'regular' PPV's were $30?

Figures the first one they are planning to do it with is the ECW PPV, which is the only one I was planning to order. :roll:

Fred Savage
05-29-2006, 02:00 PM
Looks like I am never going to buy a PPV again. Although I rarely did in the first place. Royal Rumble and all the In Your Houses were the only one worth the price.

WMD
05-29-2006, 02:36 PM
For the past three years or so I only ordered Wrestlemanias.. This year I didn't even order that.. This was the first Wrestlemania I hadn't ordered since Wrestlemania 10.

And back then I used to order every PPV.

diabsoule
05-29-2006, 02:54 PM
Looks like I am never going to buy a PPV again. Although I rarely did in the first place. Royal Rumble and all the In Your Houses were the only one worth the price.

Just download them after they air. That's why we do over here. Vinnie Mac's PPV's have been too up and down over the past few years for me to warrant ordering anymore.

And I can't wait for Orlando Jordan to go to TNA. That's gonna be terrific. All they need is another WWF reject in order to complete their transformation into WCW.

Fred Savage
05-29-2006, 04:44 PM
Where do I download them from sir? File Sharing program?

Jay
05-29-2006, 05:27 PM
Going to Hooters for PPV's is always fun. 8)

For the price of the PPV, you get food, a good view and a cool atmosphere...

Fred Savage
05-29-2006, 05:38 PM
Sound like fun. Do you have to pay anything to watch?

WMD
05-29-2006, 06:04 PM
WWE.com is reporting that Vince McMahon is giving Paul Heyman two draft picks to help out the ECW Brand. One from Raw, One from Smackdown.

My guesses::

Raw- 1) RVD or 2) Shelton Benjamin
Smackdown- 1) Kurt Angle or 2) Ken Kennedy

05-29-2006, 08:23 PM
Wow, Kane 2 wasn't very big looking. I wonder who it was?

Jay
05-29-2006, 08:24 PM
Sound like fun. Do you have to pay anything to watch?

Nope, just buy food...

And Kane 2 looked like it was Golddust...

LTgiants
05-29-2006, 08:25 PM

kane 2 was the same height as kane 1

the hair and masked looked a little messed up though that annoyed me

05-29-2006, 08:26 PM
I know Goldust can pull off those mannerisms, but I don't think he's quite that tall. I mean, maybe he had some wicked platforms on, I don't know. It would be a good way to bring Goldie back to some legitimacy, I guess.

05-29-2006, 08:27 PM

Yeah, that was unclear. I didn't mean height-wise, I meant girth and strength-wise.

LTgiants
05-29-2006, 08:27 PM

Yeah, that was unclear. I didn't mean height-wise, I meant girth and strength-wise.

well kane 1 is fat when he first came in he wasnt that fat

Jay
05-29-2006, 08:28 PM
That was my first reaction when he walked out and before they sized each other up. The hair was totally fake.

WMD
05-29-2006, 09:14 PM
Random RAW Thoughts::

-I wonder if Edge will get picked to go to ECW. They could use Nitro in his spot.. Upper Mid Card Heel, with a -h-o-t- female manager.

-Fake Kane is very interesting. I think it could be Brian Lee (played the Fake Undertaker over 10 years ago).. I was thinking it could be Abyss from TNA but he isn't that tall. Test was recently resigned, it could have been him.

-I love Mickie James. I love Mickie James. I love Mickie James. I love Mickie James.

-They should've put Armando Alejandro Estrada in as the Raw GM.

05-29-2006, 09:20 PM
Kurt Angle in ECW? Wow. That's a pretty big bombshell.

05-29-2006, 09:20 PM

yep...

should be interesting...

LTgiants
05-29-2006, 09:22 PM

best move ever

WMD
05-29-2006, 09:30 PM
The "Violence" Mouthpiece was freaking awesome.

WMD
05-29-2006, 09:31 PM
WWE.com is reporting that Vince McMahon is giving Paul Heyman two draft picks to help out the ECW Brand. One from Raw, One from Smackdown.

Go Me!

diabsoule
05-29-2006, 09:32 PM
I like the move with Angle going to ECW. Should be pretty good.

05-29-2006, 09:33 PM

Go Me!

You know, I saw that and snickered when you first posted it. I mean, the other three seem plausible, but I never thought it'd be Angle. It's obvious RVD goes, but it would be great if somehow Benjamin went, too.

LTgiants
05-29-2006, 09:34 PM
i thought he was gonna draft benoit

LTgiants
05-29-2006, 09:36 PM
can some 1 post everything that happend so far for some reason i cant remember

05-29-2006, 09:36 PM

In regard to what? Tonight's Raw?

WMD
05-29-2006, 09:37 PM
I assume the move of Angle to ECW is to keep him from having to travel a lot (he lives in Pennsylvania).. So he doesn't have to travel everywhere to stay in the spotlight and can make the PPV's and all that.

LTgiants
05-29-2006, 09:38 PM

In regard to what? Tonight's Raw?

ya

05-29-2006, 09:39 PM
Here you go:

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/results/raw/060529.html

That's most of everything. Then there was the Kane stuff you can probably follow in this thread and the ECW stuff. Oh and Johnny Nitro and Melina came out and lost to Cena.

05-29-2006, 09:39 PM
I assume the move of Angle to ECW is to keep him from having to travel a lot (he lives in Pennsylvania).. So he doesn't have to travel everywhere to stay in the spotlight and can make the PPV's and all that.

makes sense...

LTgiants
05-29-2006, 09:41 PM
Here you go:

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/results/raw/060529.html

That's most of everything. Then there was the Kane stuff you can probably follow in this thread and the ECW stuff. Oh and Johnny Nitro and Melina came out and lost to Cena.

i have been watching i just cant remember i feel like something happend but i cant remember

Jay
05-29-2006, 09:57 PM
They need to change Angle's music. I feel bad that he can't shake the "you suck" chant. This should be huge for ECW and Kurt Angle...

TimD
05-29-2006, 10:00 PM
i hope everyone knows wwe is fake... they're actors on roids.... now thats a real sport :roll:

Jay
05-29-2006, 10:00 PM
i hope everyone knows wwe is fake... they're actors on roids.... now thats a real sport :roll:

Yup, thanks! Carry on with your night.

05-29-2006, 10:01 PM

really?

i had no idea!!

WMD
05-29-2006, 11:38 PM

No Santa said it was real! Just like your favorite TV show and Movie!!

the_legend_killer
05-29-2006, 11:41 PM

*Screams like a girl* NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ladies and Gentlemen, Captain Obvious has graced us with his presense, lets give him a hand folks! *Claps*

Nerv
05-30-2006, 12:01 AM
Did they give ECW a show now or something

WMD
05-30-2006, 12:34 AM
Yup, it's going to air on the Sci Fi Channel; I believe Tuesdays at 10 PM.

05-30-2006, 12:34 AM
Yup, it's going to air on the Sci Fi Channel; I believe Tuesdays at 10 PM.

wtf?

sci fi channel?

WMD
05-30-2006, 12:36 AM
ytf.

the sci fi channel.

05-30-2006, 12:37 AM
kinda strange to have wrestling on the sci fi channel, imo...

i guess ecw has to get in where they fit in...

Jay
05-30-2006, 06:45 AM
It's just a channel that had an open time slot that could fit ECW in this quickly... a sister station of USA and part of the NBC family...

05-30-2006, 12:57 PM
Maybe it was Diesel playing Kane, since Kane played Diesel :shock:

05-30-2006, 12:59 PM
Eh, I doubt it. Kevin Nash just started up a new angle in TNA.

05-30-2006, 01:02 PM
Yeah, I wasn't serious. I was just talking out of my ass!!!

05-30-2006, 01:10 PM
Ha! Didn't even notice the smiley. :oops:

WhoDeyCWO
05-30-2006, 03:52 PM
Kurt Angle going to ECW? Are you serious? SD! is losing way to many wrestles to stuff like this. Heyman could've just gotten Matt Hardy. I hope you all have heard of Harry Smith, the British Bulldog's son. He coming to Raw on June 3rd. (Which is a house show). I hope he will be big. But Smackdown's defiantly needs to get more talent (and move to another station) before it's completely horrible.

Fred Savage
05-30-2006, 05:44 PM
Raw was really good this week. I love the Kane angle there going with, only if they could of made the mask and hair look more realistic. Although I love the Spirit Squad, the same main event every week is getting old. Also, its pissing me off there dragging out this DX thing. Knowing the WWE the launch of DX will be dragged out to Summerslam. Just make your DX merchandise and stop dragging this out Vince.

LTgiants
05-30-2006, 05:48 PM
Raw was really good this week. I love the Kane angle there going with, only if they could of made the mask and hair look more realistic. Although I love the Spirit Squad, the same main event every week is getting old. Also, its pissing me off there dragging out this DX thing. Knowing the WWE the launch of DX will be dragged out to Summerslam. Just make your DX merchandise and stop dragging this out Vince.

dx will be back at vegance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGb3aaMq6oY

Fred Savage
05-30-2006, 05:50 PM

dx will be back at vegance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGb3aaMq6oY
Nice find. Edge is going to take the Championship.

05-30-2006, 07:06 PM
I just Samoa Joe and I got say damn he's one of the best out there

WMD
05-30-2006, 07:07 PM
Samoa Joe is a Beastly Beast of a Beast.

CalBears99
05-30-2006, 07:09 PM
To answer the poll, I hardly watch wrestling at all, but rikishi is a pretty good finisher (that stinkface thing is pretty hardcore).

05-30-2006, 07:41 PM
Samoa Joe is a Beastly Beast of a Beast.

TNA actually has some talent but they flood it with ex WCW and WWE rejects

Jay
05-30-2006, 08:34 PM
From Wikipedia:

Drew Hankinson began his career in the Pennsylvania and Maryland-based National Wrestling League, wrestling as "Dorian Deville". In April 2005, he was signed to a contract by World Wrestling Entertainment and assigned to the Deep South Wrestling (DSW) developmental territory, where he formed a partnership with Palmer Cannon. Hankinson wrestled in DSW as "Deacon Deville" before changing his ring name to "The Freakin' Deacon".

On May 29, 2006, Hankinson debuted on WWE RAW, confronting Kane while dressed in Kane's original ring attire, complete with a full face mask. Without saying a word, Hankinson chokeslammed Kane. It is unknown if Hankison will remove his mask and play himself or if he will keep the mask on and play the fake Kane to start a fued with the real Kane

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/d/drewhankinson/01.jpg

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profiles/d/dorian-deville.html

LTgiants
05-30-2006, 08:36 PM
WELL THANKS FOR RUINING IT

Fred Savage
05-30-2006, 09:26 PM
My exact thoughts.

I still like Jay though. He contributes a lot to this thread and gives great information. So far I would say Jay is the MVP of this thread even though I created it.

WWE Disscussion Thread First Team All-American Starting 5
Jay
Fred Savage
Lions WMD
WarOnTheShore
KAWICGB

LTgiants
05-30-2006, 09:34 PM
My exact thoughts.

I still like Jay though. He contributes a lot to this thread and gives great information. So far I would say Jay is the MVP of this thread even though I created it.

WWE Disscussion Thread First Team All-American Starting 5
Jay
Fred Savage
Lions WMD
WarOnTheShore
KAWICGB

I DIDNT MAKE THE STARTING 5 :cry:

05-30-2006, 09:36 PM
Ha. Nice. Does the fact that I have a monthly subscription to wwe 24/7 bump me up in the top 5?

Fred Savage
05-30-2006, 09:40 PM
Ha. Nice. Does the fact that I have a monthly subscription to wwe 24/7 bump me up in the top 5?
I used to have that. Best 4$ I have ever spent. I might buy it again.

LTgiants your the WWE Discussion Thread 6th Man of the Year if it makes you feel any better. I was considering putting you on the All American Team but KAWICGB has a little better stats. I am sorry. Keep up the intensity in practice and in the film room and I am sure you will make it on next years All American Team. Godspeed LTgiants(Dramatic pause) Godspeed.

WMD
05-30-2006, 09:55 PM
Yeah, try to keep the Spoilers either out of the thread or clearly marked.. or something.. If I hadn't known already I woud've been pretty mad having it spoiled right there.

Fred Savage
05-30-2006, 10:03 PM
What does everyone think about ECW One Night Stand?

I used to think RVD was a lock to win the belt at ONS but now I am thinking otherwise. My thoughts are Cena will keep the belt then Edge will win it at Vengence. Thoughts, opinions, flames.

LTgiants
05-30-2006, 10:12 PM
rvd is gonna win it

Fred Savage
05-30-2006, 10:13 PM
rvd is gonna win it
What's your reasoning.

diabsoule
05-30-2006, 10:13 PM
What does everyone think about ECW One Night Stand?

I used to think RVD was a lock to win the belt at ONS but now I am thinking otherwise. My thoughts are Cena will keep the belt then Edge will win it at Vengence. Thoughts, opinions, flames.

I agree with your thoughts on Cena retaining the belt.

I don't think they should call the PPV One Night Stand since it's not really a one nighter after they've already had one.

I love the selection of Kurt Angle to ECW. They have also signed Jimmy Yang (Akio) to ECW, which if you've seen any of his ROH matches, he's awesome in the ring.

I think the one guy that's going to get his big break in ECW is going to be C.M. Punk. His persona is an excellent fit for ECW.

Fred Savage
05-30-2006, 10:16 PM
Kurt Angle is by far my favorite wrestler. I will watch ECW just to see Angle. I just don't see how he is going to fit in. Also, Angles new mouth gaurds have to be the most bad*ss things I have ever seen.

LTgiants
05-30-2006, 10:16 PM
rvd is gonna win it
What's your reasoning.

cause its rvds event his house his rules his style of match

NIN1984
05-30-2006, 10:18 PM
2 Kanes, WTF?

WMD
05-30-2006, 10:21 PM
Kurt Angle is probably my favorite wrestler of all time. He's got it all. he's a badass. He can bring it in the ring, and on the mic. He can mix it up with all styles..

Fred Savage
05-30-2006, 10:23 PM
Kurt Angle is probably my favorite wrestler of all time. He's got it all. he's a badass. He can bring it in the ring, and on the mic. He can mix it up with all styles..
I agree. I cant wait for a Kurt Angle DVD to come out. Has anyone read his book? I wonder if it is any good.

05-30-2006, 10:24 PM
I like Angle a lot too. A hell of a worker. I wonder how well his body will keep up in ECW, though. I also wonder how much the fans will tolerate him.

My hope for One Night Stand is that RVD wins the belt, but then throws it in the garbage ala Shane Douglas upon winning the NWA(?) belt when Extreme Championship Wrestling first started.

I think the Foley/Edge vs. Funk/Dreamer match is going to be awful.

Anyone else know the rest of the card?

WMD
05-30-2006, 10:26 PM
I just think it's awesome thinking about A potential Angle/Sabu match. Angle would destroy Sabu and Suplex him through about 900 tables

Fred Savage
05-30-2006, 10:27 PM
I think the Foley/Edge vs. ***********/Dreamer match is going to be awful.

Agreed. Funk is going to ruin the match.

WMD
05-30-2006, 10:31 PM
WWE knows what they're doing. We aren't the only ones who can see that Terry can barely walk. The match will probably be a lot of Edge/Foley beating down on Dreamer, Funk will come in for a few chair shots and some other hardcore goodness.. then the end of the match.. Unless it's a Tornado Tag match, then forget what I just said...

Fred Savage
05-30-2006, 10:33 PM
My hope for One Night Stand is that RVD wins the belt, but then throws it in the garbage ala Shane Douglas upon winning the NWA(?) belt when Extreme Championship Wrestling first started.

It would be awesome if RVD did that. Now that you mention it I could see that happening.

05-30-2006, 10:36 PM
WWE has a small list of ECW's roster on their web site. It is:

-Angle
-RVD
-Ball Mahoney
-Axl Rotten
-CW Anderson (?)
-Danny Doring
-Francine (bet she looks terrible now)
-Jazz (that muscley black woman)
-Heyman
-Sabu
-Sandman
-Tazz (weird)
-Dreamer
-Funk
-Tony Mamaluke (?)

I think they really need at least 10 to 15 more guys. Realistically speaking, I think some of the luchadores should go over there. WWE should also look into stealing some people from TNA. I mean, AJ Styles hasn't been properly used there in like six months. He could be a world title contender over there. If nothing else, they could do a cool spot with Joey Styles.

Fred Savage
05-30-2006, 11:06 PM
I wonder if Vince is going to can Smackdown and just have ECW and Raw. Smackdown sucks and needs to go. The talent pool be a lot better and an ECW /WWE feud would be interesting and last for awhile.

Jay get on that please.

WMD
05-30-2006, 11:31 PM
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6566/2477cz.jpg

Fred Savage
05-31-2006, 12:00 AM
How does everyone like the new sig? DChess made it for me.

the_legend_killer
05-31-2006, 12:08 AM
How does everyone like the new sig? DChess made it for me.

That's a pretty kickass sig, Kurt Angle owns. That said, RVD will.....RVD BETTER win at ONS.

05-31-2006, 12:09 AM
http://www.wrestlingcaps.com/pics/raw/part11/247.jpglol :lol: :lol:

WMD
05-31-2006, 12:44 AM
http://www.wrestlingcaps.com/pics/raw/part11/247.jpglol :lol: :lol:

Fixed it.

05-31-2006, 02:08 AM
The big Vis needs to go away... Maybe they could have the spirt squad eat him. Also with the suspention of one half of MNM I still nominate himt o change his gimmick a little and get some rub off of HBK and HHH and join DX along with some other undercarder. In some sort of we see something in these kids type thing. Then Fued him when his partner returns saying he betrayed him.

diabsoule
05-31-2006, 03:45 AM
Joey Mercury used to wrestle in ECW and I can see him coming back with the brand when it starts up and he could feud with Johnny Nitro.

Tony Mamaluke is a pretty good hell, he's been wrestling in ROH for a while and won the tag belts. I heard that him and Nunzio are going to reform the F.B.I. again in ECW.

ECW could get some guys like James Gibson, Paul London, Tajiri, and Chris Benoit (from Smackdown) to really give the brand some good high spots and technical wrestling. All of those wrestlers really bring it in the ring and would have some awesome matches.

They need some really young guys to bring up and compete now. I don't know who else they're going to get from the WWE roster but hopefully Heyman makes some good choices.

I'm still wondering who their RAW draft pick is going to be. I doubt it's going to be RVD since he would go to ECW anyway.

I'm sure Tazz is going to be an announcer with Joey Styles. I don't think he can wrestle anymore with his neck being banged up.

diabsoule
05-31-2006, 04:45 AM
During the Smackdown taping in Portland, Oregon tonight, a video feature announced that WWE World champion Rey Mysterio will wrestle former ECW World champion Sabu at the ECW One Night Stand PPV on 6/11 in New York City.

Believe it or not, this will be the first-ever singles match between two stars who each helped evolve high impact aerial wrestling in the 1990s. They faced against each other in a tag match during an international tour promoted by John Arezzi in 1993, but beyond that I don't believe they've ever wrestled each other. Obviously, WWE has added a tremendous dream match to the PPV.

Jay
05-31-2006, 07:22 AM
Sorry guys, when everyone was guessing who the fake Kane could have been, I didn't realize it would be a big deal if I posted info I found on it. My bad.

As far as the three brand thing, from what I have heard, that is their intention, to keep all three going. JBL is supposed to be coming over to Raw, so I can see someone going over to Smackdown from Raw soon. I also can see them bringing up a bunch of guys from OVW and getting them going on Smackdown.

Gunner Scott went by the name Brent Albright in OVW and he was their champ for a while. I am sure the WWE will call up C.M. Punk soon, and he'll eventually become a big draw. My buddy from high school, Aaron "The Idol" Stevens is fighting Kurt Angle in a huge OVW match they are doing at a Six Flags in KY, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him finally come up to Smackdown. I know he's done a bunch of Smackdown dark matches, and last time I talked to him he said that was the show he was going to be affiliated with, but that was around Christmas '04, so things change. But those three are great youngsters that can contribute right away, and Smackdown has Randy Orton and Batista coming back. A feud between those two can carry the show for a few months on its own.

They've also been hyping "The Miz" lately, who I guess was on one of the Real World shows and is now a wrestler. There is this dude Boris Alexiev who has been like a 7 time judo champion in Russia, and he's a lot like any of the UFC guys in build, and is kind of like Ken Shamrock, Tank Abbott and Dan Severyn as a wrestler. But he'll be up soon. Then there is a tag team of Deuce Shade and Dice Domino. They are pretty good, their gimmick is that they are supposed to be like the T-Birds in Greese. Deuce is actually Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka's son.

All of the Spirit Squad came up from OVW, as did plenty of guys like John Cena, Batista and Brock Lesner, so the history is there. Here are some pictures of guys I could see coming up soon:

http://www.armpitwrestling.com/Pics/OVW/AaronStevens.jpg

Aaron "The Idol" Stevens

http://tinypic.com/e61ykw.jpg

CM Punk

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/09/jimmysnukas1.jpg

Jimmy Snuka with his son Deuce Shade

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/s/slatervain/03.jpg

Gunner Scott

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/m/mikemizanin/08.jpg

The Miz

Jay
05-31-2006, 07:42 AM
Actually, I found some pictures of other guys when they were in OVW that are... interesting...

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/b/batista/07.jpg

Leviathan (Batista)

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/b/brocklesnar/22.jpg

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/b/brocklesnar/01.jpg

Brock Lesner

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/j/johncena/10.jpg

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/j/johncena/06.jpg

The Prototype (John Cena)

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/m/msc/01.jpg

The Minnesota Stretching Crew (Lesnar and Shelton Benjamin)

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/c/chrismordetzky/01.jpg

Christ Masters

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/a/alexislaree/03.jpg

Alexis Laree (Micky James)

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/p/phoenix/05.jpg

Beth Pheonix

05-31-2006, 10:09 AM
Nice write-ups Jay. Some of those guys looked pretty lame in OVW. Benjamin was huge, I'm glad he toned it down some.

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
05-31-2006, 10:47 AM
During the Smackdown taping in Portland, Oregon tonight, a video feature announced that WWE World champion Rey Mysterio will wrestle former ECW World champion Sabu at the ECW One Night Stand PPV on 6/11 in New York City.

Believe it or not, this will be the first-ever singles match between two stars who each helped evolve high impact aerial wrestling in the 1990s. They faced against each other in a tag match during an international tour promoted by John Arezzi in 1993, but beyond that I don't believe they've ever wrestled each other. Obviously, WWE has added a tremendous dream match to the PPV.

Sounds great, at least that gives me some hope that at least the WWE is trying to book this thing right. I read somewhere Ray was not happy about the way last years match went and hopes to make it up this time around.

Fred Savage
05-31-2006, 11:37 AM
MASTERLOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WMD
05-31-2006, 12:12 PM
http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/n/nickdinsmore/11.jpg
That would be "Mr. Wrestling" Nick Dinsmore.. Who now goes by.. Eugene. :?

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/r/robconway/01.jpg
And this would be his former Tag Team Partner... Rob Conway

But the award for most wasted potential by WWE goes to...

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/r/rico/09.jpg
Rico Constantino!

slightlyaraiderfan
05-31-2006, 12:14 PM
"Mr Wrestling" :roll: These people have no imagination at all.

WMD
05-31-2006, 12:17 PM
he was known as "Mr. Wrestling" because that's what he was all about.. actual wrestling. But now he gets to run around with his tongue out and do airplane spins.

slightlyaraiderfan
05-31-2006, 12:20 PM
yay airplane spins!

Brodeur
05-31-2006, 03:00 PM
CM Punk won't be called up for a while. He's hated by Stephanie McMahon for some reason which is holding him back seriously.

the_legend_killer
05-31-2006, 03:40 PM
CM Punk won't be called up for a while. He's hated by Stephanie McMahon for some reason which is holding him back seriously.

I wouldn't doubt it if he went to work in ECW. Him and Paul Heyman combo would be great.

WMD
05-31-2006, 03:40 PM
CM Punk is going to ECW.

05-31-2006, 03:46 PM
Damn, I'd hate myself if I had to be a character like Eugene.

Someone tell me more about CM Punk. I don't know jack about OVW. Is he really good on the mic, or something? Because he looked kind of scrawny.

diabsoule
05-31-2006, 04:47 PM
Damn, I'd hate myself if I had to be a character like Eugene.

Someone tell me more about CM Punk. I don't know jack about OVW. Is he really good on the mic, or something? Because he looked kind of scrawny.

CM Punk is a great wrestler. He got signed from ROH where he helped build the company from the ground up. He's from Chicago and has a huge following there. At the time he got signed he was one of the hottest independent wrestlers on the scene right up there with AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, and Low Ki. While in Ring of Honor he won the Tag-Team belts a couple of times and then the World Heavyweight Championship which he completed with one of the greatest heel turns I have ever seen. His feud with Somoa Joe was awesome. He had some other great feuds as well in ROH with Steve Corino and Jimmy Rave.
He went to OVW where Paul Heyman worked with him considerably and he had a feud with Brent Albright. From what I've heard Heyman really likes him so I wouldn't be suprised if he went to ECW.

His finishers are the Pepsi Plunge (Top rop pedigree) and the Anaconda Vice (submission).
Some of his signature moves are the Shining Wizard (running knee strike to the face), Pepsi Twist (Hammerlock into a Clothesline), Welcome to Chicago (double underhook backbreaker), and the Arm wrench Mule Kick.

He can be both heel or face but works better as a heel. He has great mic skills and works the mic better than just about anybody in WWE. In ROH he did mic work with Mick Foley which was awesome.

He has "it" which companies look for in the wrestlers and in my opinion he can be the next Rock or Austin.

05-31-2006, 05:24 PM
MIKE AWESOME NEEDS TO BE SIGN TO ECW.

he had the best match at last years one night stand. plus he's Awesome

05-31-2006, 05:47 PM
Yeah, Mike Awesome is amazing. He'd give them an immediate main event guy. I don't see why he wouldn't be there. Plus, that mullet.

Thanks for the info on CM Punk. I look forward to hopefully seeing him in ECW.

05-31-2006, 06:28 PM
I'm upset, I tried to record RAW but something went wrong and it screwed up. I've been forced to go to You Tube and try to find the Kane vs Kane part.

The hair was absolute ****!!! Also, I didnt like Kane 2. He looked too much like a turd and kept on playing with his glove.

Jay
05-31-2006, 06:30 PM
CM Punk gives the Spirit Squad a chear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8XY9O9-UL4&search=CM%20Punk

CM Punk cuts a promo on Germany:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQnsmFLKSP8&search=CM%20Punk

CM Punk vs Vampiro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD9126iz94o&search=CM%20Punk

CM Punk vs Val Venis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXOe-Qzxzsk&search=CM%20Punk

CM Punk vs Ken Doane:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtsLkBnxWKs&search=CM%20Punk

Jay
05-31-2006, 06:53 PM
My boy Aaron "The Idol" Stevens cutting a promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wreoKDBczMg&search=Aaron%20Stevens

Aaron vs. Ken Doane (Spirit Squad):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry79dBbnhgw&search=Aaron%20Stevens

Awesome little exchange between Brent Albright and CM Punk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JumpdJpr3EE&search=OVW

Armando meets the Boogeyman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFxi5u0QGTY&search=OVW

Armando is amazing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K1UW2NizZY&search=OVW

16 minutes of stuff, tons of characters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ34Igzs_Ag&search=OVW

WMD
05-31-2006, 07:08 PM
Yeah, Osama Rodriguez Alejandro was the man.
Armando Alejandro Estrada IS the man.

You can tell he's studied a lot of tape on Ric Flairs promos.

dRaFtDoRk
05-31-2006, 07:14 PM
I watch wrestling every now and then, I heard there was like a second Kane on Monday, I looked for a video of it but couldn't find one, if someone has a link to that whole ordeal with two Kanes, put up so I can see

Jay
05-31-2006, 07:40 PM
WWE has been charged with nine violations of Kentucky state law, stemming from some incidents that occured at their Backlash pay-per view on April 30 in Lexington. Kentucky state law prohibits usage of blood or blading in professional wrestling, and even in the case of accidental bleeding during a match the promoters are instructed to end that match immediately. What makes this interesting is that WWE was fully aware of the law as it's not uncommon, and even had a meeting to ask for special usage of blood since it was a pay-per view show, or at least permission to allow matches to complete if blood accidentally turned up. They were refused on both requests and decided to go ahead and have some color on the pay-per view regardless. The nine violations being charged against them include:

1. During the Vince & Shane McMahon vs. Shawn Michaels match, Michael S. Hickenbottom (Michaels) intentionally cut himself in violation of state law.

2. In the same match, Vince McMahon continued the match instead of haulting the action as required by state law.

3. Shane McMahon continued the match instead of ending it as required by state law.

4. During the Triple H vs. Edge vs. John Cena match, Paul Levesque (HHH) intentionally cut himself, violating state law.

5. In the same match, Adam Copeland (Edge) continued the match instead of ending it as required by state law.

6. John Cena continued the match instead of leaving as required by state law.

7. In the same match, Copeland competed outside the barricade, in violation of state law.

8. Rich Herring, the promoter of record, allowed wrestlers in the two matches to violate state law and failed to end the matches immediately as required by state law.

9. World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) continued the event, having a new match before washing the ring mat of blood left from a previous match in the evening, violating state law.

When all is said and done WWE will likely pay about $50,000 in fines (state law is $5,000 per fine), however head wrestling inspector Tim Gonterman is attempted to get WWE banned from promoting events in the state of Kentucky due to the flagorance of their violations.

WMD
05-31-2006, 07:46 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: WWE should do a mock show where they stop a match if there's blood.. and act all concerned..

LTgiants
05-31-2006, 07:55 PM
I watch wrestling every now and then, I heard there was like a second Kane on Monday, I looked for a video of it but couldn't find one, if someone has a link to that whole ordeal with two Kanes, put up so I can see

just go on you tube and search for kane

05-31-2006, 11:17 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v34vmFZtOMo&search=Kane

Fred Savage
05-31-2006, 11:18 PM
I sure hope this May 19th stuff is over.

MASTERLOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

YAYareaRB
05-31-2006, 11:56 PM
In what has to be considered an ECW Dream match, it was announced last night at the SmackDown tapings that Sabu will face Rey Mysterio at One Night Stand on 6/11 in NYC.

Believe it or not, this is the first time the two have ever faced each other in one on one competition. They have been involved in some tag matches before, but nothing singles

06-01-2006, 12:26 AM
Dave Scherer reports that Vince McMahon didn't like the way the Kane vs. Kane angle came off on Monday night, so much that there is talk of dropping the angle all together with no explanation.

Maybe due to the fact that Kane 2 looked like ****!!!

diabsoule
06-01-2006, 08:25 AM
Dave Scherer reports that Vince McMahon didn't like the way the Kane vs. Kane angle came off on Monday night, so much that there is talk of dropping the angle all together with no explanation.

Maybe due to the fact that Kane 2 looked like ***********!!!

And that the angle was completely ridiculous to begin with.

YAYareaRB
06-01-2006, 08:37 AM

Poor acting job by Kane 2! They should have had Diesel do it...or The Undertaker just for that show then find a replacment who doesn't look like a friggin robot when he wrestles.

Fred Savage
06-01-2006, 11:41 AM

I like the angle. Atleast the WWE is shaking it up a bit.

dRaFtDoRk
06-01-2006, 11:51 AM
I think that second Kane(thanks for the link), looks like a woman. I thought that was kinda dumb from what I heard, but oh well.

WMD
06-01-2006, 05:25 PM
I think the Fake Kane thing was awesome, just because I was not expecting it at all, and I was a huge huge Kane mark back when he first came out.

Fred Savage
06-01-2006, 08:03 PM
I think the Fake Kane thing was awesome, just because I was not expecting it at all, and I was a huge huge Kane mark back when he first came out.
Me too. Now I hate him.

WMD
06-01-2006, 08:07 PM
Me too. Now I hate him.

Me too. Me. Too.

LTgiants
06-01-2006, 08:08 PM
im a kane fan still no matter what

WMD
06-01-2006, 08:10 PM
Well I was a Kane fan.. now i'm a fan of Glenn Jacobs.. I just appreciate his dedication to wrestling, through all the crap angles WWE has had him go through.. And he's one of the more capable big guys I've seen.

Fred Savage
06-01-2006, 08:12 PM
Glenn Jacobs is way to boring.

dRaFtDoRk
06-01-2006, 08:31 PM
Kane wrestles like poopy

Go Funaki!!!! Smackdown, Number 1 announcer....he will dragon flip you anyday

06-01-2006, 09:15 PM
I loved it when he first started to talk and when first started to go to the top rop. I loved it how he won the tag-team championship by himself, and then X-Pac goes and takes the other one from him.

Fred Savage
06-02-2006, 12:11 PM
Who do you think will be the next IC Champion?

dRaFtDoRk
06-02-2006, 12:17 PM

Funaki

the_legend_killer
06-02-2006, 12:21 PM

I'd like it to be Chris Masters, but I hear he may be taken off the road for a few months. My guess is that Shelty drops it to Charlie Haas.

Fred Savage
06-02-2006, 12:32 PM
This has to be one of the most depressing days of my life. According to OWW.com and Prowrestling.com Chris Masters and Nitro have failed a drug test and are going to be sent to rehab. Raw just wont be the same without the Masterpiece.

diabsoule
06-02-2006, 01:12 PM
Oh Thank God and everything that was ever holy to wrestling that Chris Masters is leaving.

I couldn't stand the dude and why didn't anybody step on his foot when he put the Masterlock on them? What would've made the gimmick better is if he would've came to the ring and then did the pop'n'lock.

Shelton will probably drop the IC belt to Haas but then we never know who Heyman's RAW draft pick will be.

WMD
06-02-2006, 04:11 PM
I think WWE.com said that RVD was Heyman's Raw pick.

Brodeur
06-02-2006, 04:33 PM
Really? Nitro and drugs? Masters was on 'roids, no-one should be shocked by that at all. Since he's gone, we can now get more and more time with Shelton, because Shelton deserves Masters time.

06-02-2006, 07:28 PM
Watching Smackdown just for the Angle/Mysterio match. ****** ending but a great match overall.

I doubt he's seriously hurt right now, but Smackdown could be screwed if Mysterio did seriously get hurt. I mena, who else do they have?

WMD
06-03-2006, 04:04 AM
I didn't see any of the match but Rey has been wrestling with a bad knee, or so I hear.

Chris Benoit is taking like two or three months off, I think, just to heal up and keep him from getting too burnt out.

06-03-2006, 09:33 AM
Did anyone catch Paul Heyman when he said something to the effect of "Kurt Angel has an open challenge to anyone from a 4-sided, 6-sided, or 8-sided ring at One Night Stand"

4-Sided being WWE
6-Sided being TNA
8-Sided being UFC

If it was just someone from WWE, Heyman would have said from any brand. My guess is that ONS will mark the return of Rhyno

There has been a lot of talk that Rhino will be jumping back to WWE for the new ECW project. Earlier this year, he did talk with WWE and told them he would be able to get out of his TNA contract. Talks died down soon after that though, but in the last few weeks, Rhino feels like TNA has screwed him over a few things, especially his short title reign. It's being reported that he talked with John Lauranitis within the last month. His departure from the company last year wasn't based on anything having to do with Rhino's talent, rather just the fact that Rhino went mental in the lobby of the hotel during WrestleMania and even threw a large potted plant. Many in TNA see Rhino's current program with Team Canada as Rhino's way of doing the job before leaving the company. On a related note, Rhino injured his ribs at Sacrifice, but has said he will be fine.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=151094993

dpl85
06-03-2006, 02:38 PM
Anything with Mick Foley and Terry Funk is great. I don't care if Funk is in a wheelchair he could still have a good match. Funk is one of the greatest wrestlers of all time.

DChess
06-03-2006, 03:26 PM
i have been an off and on wreslting fan for a while, and i havent watched it since last one night stand (which was aweosme), sound like their back on track, i may have to start watching again. Too bad i have no idea whats going on.

06-04-2006, 10:23 AM
Some ******** kid told me that my sig sucks. And then he had the nerve to say that he didn't know what was so great about Mr Kennedy.... Kennedy!!!

P.S. could anyone do anything with this second sig for me?

Here's the link- http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/309846/1289518/kennedy.jpg

06-05-2006, 05:17 PM
Raw tonight- http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=151483783

WarrenMoonHOF
06-05-2006, 09:30 PM
Did anyone see Lillian Garcia go flying off the ring by accident when Charlie Haas got in the ring. You could hear her screaming in pain!

WMD
06-05-2006, 10:01 PM
Yes, it was strangely arousing.

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
06-05-2006, 10:55 PM
Did anyone see Lillian Garcia go flying off the ring by accident when Charlie Haas got in the ring. You could hear her screaming in pain!

I don't know what was funny that or watching Terry F u n k take forever to get to the ring during the opening promo. :lol:

Jay
06-06-2006, 07:13 AM
Yeah I saw the Lillian thing, I was saying "oh man he just nailed Lillian!" and my brother was like "I didn't see it" and I was like "you can hear her screaming!"

The Kane vs. Kane thing went down MUCH better this time around. Also, looks like it was a different person behind the mask. This person looked smaller.

And the Highlanders are coming! The flow of OVW talent to the majors continues...

WMD
06-06-2006, 04:11 PM
The Highlanders = Bushwackers 2k6+

LTgiants
06-06-2006, 05:01 PM
kane looked exactly the same i dont no wat ur talking bout saying he looked smaller

06-06-2006, 05:25 PM
kane looked exactly the same i dont no wat ur talking bout saying he looked smaller

Kane did look a lot different, but I'm thinking its because his hair was so much better this week

06-06-2006, 05:34 PM
week 1- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v34vmFZtOMo&search=kane

week 2- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGvrKQ1S-wk&search=kane

Kane looks a little shorter the second week, it probably is just the angle though

LTgiants
06-06-2006, 09:12 PM

Kane did look a lot different, but I'm thinking its because his hair was so much better this week

the hair was better

but the person was the same size and build

Brodeur
06-06-2006, 09:19 PM

Kane looks a little shorter the second week, it probably is just the angle though

It's Freakin' Deacon from a smaller wrestling unit, and he's only 6'8 or 6'9, so he's shorter than Kane.

06-07-2006, 07:05 AM

It's Freakin' Deacon from a smaller wrestling unit, and he's only 6'8 or 6'9, so he's shorter than Kane.

Well in the first week, the Kanes stood toe to toe and were pretty similar in height

Second week Kane 2 looked significantly shorter than Kane, but like I previously stated, it might have been teh camera angle

m_vick_7
06-07-2006, 09:26 AM
Is the old kane back? when did this happen?

WMD
06-07-2006, 12:31 PM

Well in the first week, the Kanes stood toe to toe and were pretty similar in height

Second week Kane 2 looked significantly shorter than Kane, but like I previously stated, it might have been teh camera angle

They might've had risers on his boots. I'm not sure though.

WMD
06-07-2006, 12:31 PM
Is the old kane back? when did this happen?

Someone playing the 'old Kane'.. There's the current original Kane, who has been Unmasked that still wrestles.. but someone debuted looking like the old Kane, with the mask and old music and everything.

WMD
06-07-2006, 03:18 PM
John "Earthquake" Tenta died today..

That sucks, I would sometimes read his posts on the Wrestlecrap message board..

R.I.P. Earthquake!