PDA

View Full Version : WWE Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

diabsoule
08-04-2006, 05:15 AM
Modern Day Entertainers/Wrestlers who have IT:

"IT" can be broken down into three categories: in ring "IT', mic "IT", and both.

HHH - I hate to say it but he does. He goes out and performs and gets heat.
HBK - Crowd favorite that can light up the ring.
Undertaker - The Dead Man is a breath of fresh air now on Smackdown! He can push the youngsters coming up and always puts forth his best effort in the ring. No talking is necessary for him just like with Dean Malenko in ECW.
Mick Foley - Foley just exudes "it". He has what every young wrestler needs nowadays. Great mic skills and the ability to be solid in the ring. Young wrestlers need to study Foley and learn how to get heat and push others.
Flair - 80's/early 90's Flair had exactly what people now need to succeed and really brought that forth. Great mic skills unlike what he's doing now. And in the ring he showed up and put on some great matches.
Hulk Hogan - No matter your personal preference for him, the "Hulkster" had that aura about him to get the crowd behind or against him. Not the best in ring performer but he, along with Flair, helped set the ground work for mic skills.

The Rock - The new generation of entertainers. He had it. It took a while for him to come into his own but he eventually did and became the heir to Hogan. Great heel/face which is key to a wrestler. You can not underestimate the ability of a wrestler/entertainer to switch back and forth between face/heel. Again, not the best in ring performer but once he got on the mic, he delivered. Probably some of the best promo work in years.
Steve "Stone Cold" Austin - Him, along with The Rock, set the standard for the new era, "Attitude Era" in WWF, in wrestling. His promo's really lit the crowd up and either got him jeered or cheered. He could do both. A classic face.

Kurt Angle - This guy is just great. No doubt about it. His match with Shawn Michaels is proof to that. His mic work is really good but his true strength lies in his ring work. Probably the best wrestler working for WWE right now.
Edge - A great heel especially nowadays. He's really coming into his own as far as heel work is concerned. One of the those guys that will turn into a major superstar in a few years. Does some really good mic work and is a pretty decent wrestler too.
CM Punk - One of the best of the new, young wrestlers out there today. His mic skills are reminiscent of The Rock, Austin, and Michaels. He can get a crowd behind him or against him and do it in the blink of an eye. His work in Ring of Honor really put him to the top of the indy wrestling circuit. He has a bright future ahead of him because he has both forms of IT.
Samoa Joe - Joe's talking is done in the ring for the most part. While he's not terrible on the mic, he can use some work and is no CM Punk. However, his in ring skills are better than Punk's and he can be the face of a promotion. Ring of Honor is an example of this. Once Punk left, he became the face of the franchise and really carried them on his shoulders. TNA has an incredible asset in him right now. He's another guy to build a franchise around.
Christopher Daniels - It's tought to decide if he should be on this list but his in ring work and mic skills are enough that he can be a major star. His image is clearly his own and while he can't get the best heat, he can get enough to push him to upper mid card and damn near main event status.
Christian - This guy is dynamite on the mic. His promo's are solid if not better than solid and his in ring performance isn't that bad.
John Cena - Cena is starting to come into his own. The problem with him is that he was pushed too early. His mic work with the WWE Diva reporter is really good and he knows when to shut his mouth and let the other guy step forward. This is a guy that will take some time to really groom into what the WWE wants of him but he'll come through. His ring work has really improved and so has his mic skills.
Steve Corino - The "King of Old School". His shows it in the ring and its just something to watch. King of the mic too and can really get some heat from the crowd. This guy will never be a performer in WWE but his work in Japan and in ROH is terrific.
Homicide - Just overall very sound and solid. Decent mic worker but a hell of a worker in the ring. Definately has a bright future in wrestling.
Ken Kennedy - Great mic work. His in ring work needs some more development but this guy has a bright future. Give him another year or two and he will be a star. This guy is definately someone that the WWE needs to push but while their pushing him, they need to take their time and develop him.

Chris Benoit - This guy is an outstanding wrestler. He should never talk, though. Paulie Heyman knew that in ECW but Vinnie Mac just doesn't seem to catch on. This guy just has everything in the ring that younger guys need to study. He has that workhorse mentality and performs in the ring.
Low Ki - Not great on the mic. However, his ring work is great. Has one of the most devastating finishers I've ever seen before. This guy has talent and then some.
Alex Shelley - Is definately a future star. Has some great mic work and ring work. He's working with a horrible gimmick but his ROH work and even some of his TNA stuff shows how capable this guy is in the ring and mic and how bright his future is.

There are more but I'm tired and don't feel like continuing.

YAYareaRB
08-04-2006, 09:38 AM
Joe is terrible on the mic. He flat out sucks!

Creek
08-04-2006, 11:06 AM
Joe is terrible on the mic. He flat out sucks!

Joe's intense promos are great. Joe has no time to make petty jokes, when he talks, he has a point to make... then he's going to kill you.

Brodeur
08-04-2006, 11:09 AM
Benoit can also give very good intense promos sometimes. He isn't as bad as some people make it seem. And you could have listed Jericho if he hadn't left wrestling.

tishdog
08-04-2006, 12:41 PM
Does Benoit even wrestle anymore. If so, on what show? And I used to love the TLC Matches between the Dudleyz, Hardeys, Edge and Christian. What happened to the Dudleyz. I remember this one line " Bubba, GET THE TABLES"

LTgiants
08-04-2006, 12:49 PM
Does Benoit even wrestle anymore. If so, on what show? And I used to love the TLC Matches between the Dudleyz, Hardeys, Edge and Christian. What happened to the Dudleyz. I remember this one line " Bubba, GET THE TABLES"

dudley boyz are on tna but right now are on a break

edge and christian broke up edge is the champ and christian is a main guy in tna

jeff hardy is also in tna

and matt hardy is stuck in crappy smackdown

Creek
08-04-2006, 12:50 PM

edge and christian broke up edge is the champ and christian is a main guy in tna

Nope.

LTgiants
08-04-2006, 01:03 PM

Nope.

well that would explain y i dont see him on tna :lol:

i thought he still was with them what happened?

Creek
08-04-2006, 01:04 PM

Nope.

It was reported about an hour ago that he signed with WWE.

LTgiants
08-04-2006, 01:45 PM

Nope.

It was reported about an hour ago that he signed with WWE.

sweet is he gonna be on raw or

smackdown to reuntie the hardy boyz :cry: which would suck cause in ny we dont have smackdown

edit-i checked nodq.com and said he is likely gonna be on smackdown

o and brock lesner might have just signed with wwe also and d-x has confirmed a third member

idk if this part is true b/c it was linked from another site but i havent found out if its true though

Creek
08-04-2006, 01:56 PM
The Brock and DX stuff isn't true. All wrestling portal sites put up stuff like that, the only places to get wrestling news are PWinsider, PWtorch, The Wrestling Observer. Every other place just throws out rumors to get more traffic.

LTgiants
08-04-2006, 01:59 PM
The Brock and DX stuff isn't true. All wrestling portal sites put up stuff like that, the only places to get wrestling news are PWinsider, PWtorch, The Wrestling Observer. Every other place just throws out rumors to get more traffic.

dam i wanted a third member of dx

any way this sucks i wanna see jeff hardy it sucks hes gonna be on smackdown which i cant see

diabsoule
08-04-2006, 02:44 PM
From PWInsider.com

"Jeff Hardy has signed a new deal to return to World Wrestling Entertainment, paving the way for a reunion of one of the top tag teams of the Attitude era, The Hardy Boyz."

I liked the Hardy Boyz back in the Attitude Era, but that time in wrestling is over. They need to move on and make the booking and promotion fresh instead of rehashing old ideas.

eazyb81
08-04-2006, 05:35 PM
Sweet....according to wrestleview, RVD will make his first appearance back from suspension tomorrow night in Poplar Bluff, the show I am attending. I'll be back with a summary of the show on Monday if anyone's interested.

Creek
08-04-2006, 05:39 PM
Sweet....according to wrestleview, RVD will make his first appearance back from suspension tomorrow night in Poplar Bluff, the show I am attending. I'll be back with a summary of the show on Monday if anyone's interested.

Can't wait. Have fun.

LTgiants
08-04-2006, 08:39 PM
smackdown is horrible

tishdog
08-04-2006, 09:32 PM
Whoever said they dont get Smackdown try checking if its on Saturday nights on your TV. For some reason it come on Saturdays at 8 for me on UPN>

And also what is TNA?>

Creek
08-04-2006, 10:10 PM
I was wondering if someone could make a sig of Rob Canway for me. PM me if you can.

Jay
08-04-2006, 10:21 PM
Sylvester Terkey and Elijah Burke are going to be a nasty team. Definitely something Smackdown needs right now, along with a Hardy Boyz reunion. So far, so good.

Edit: Oh yeah, Smackdown is on at 11PM on Friday for me so I am just watching now...

LTgiants
08-04-2006, 11:13 PM
Whoever said they dont get Smackdown try checking if its on Saturday nights on your TV. For some reason it come on Saturdays at 8 for me on UPN>

And also what is TNA?>

that wass me and the last 2 weeks or so i checked upn and it wasnt on so i wasnt sure if i got it

i got it 2nite though

Nerv
08-04-2006, 11:19 PM
For something new and a bit interesting WWF should have a real wrestling match between Shelton Benjamin & Kurt Angle, two of the better pure wrestlers in the world, see who still has some actual legit skills !!

Jay
08-04-2006, 11:21 PM
YES!!! Aaron The Idol Stevens!!! That's my boy! I went to HS with him. Awesome dude, glad to see him finally get on Smackdown...

Brodeur
08-04-2006, 11:51 PM
For something new and a bit interesting WWF should have a real wrestling match between Shelton Benjamin & Kurt Angle, two of the better pure wrestlers in the world, see who still has some actual legit skills !!

Kind of did it with Daniel Puder and Angle a few years ago where Puder actually got the better of Angle and Angle lost it. I have a really vague memory of it though.

diabsoule
08-05-2006, 03:10 AM

Can't wait. That should be awesome. When does it come on?

sweetness34
08-05-2006, 10:34 AM
I used to be a big WWF and WCW fan. I had a whole bunch of tapes that I used to watch every weekend.

My favorite wrestler used to be Sting (before he went to that goth look, well actually he was my favorite even with the goth look).

I used to watch it every week, and I had a stuffed Hulk Hogan that I used to practice moves on in my room. Like when the Undertaker did the Tombstone Piledriver, I used to do that to Hulk Hogan.

I don't follow it anymore, IMO the sport has gone down the tubes. But I do kinda miss watching some of my favorite wrestlers.

Sting, Razor Ramone, Psycho Sid, RRP, Brett Hart, Stone Cold, Rick Flair....

Splat
08-05-2006, 11:40 AM

Benjamin would have no shot vs Angle.

Brodeur
08-05-2006, 11:44 AM

Did you read it?

diabsoule
08-05-2006, 02:37 PM

Did you read it?

Now that I've re-read it I feel dumb. Sorry, I replied to that when I was buzzed so I wasn't clicking on all cylinders.

diabsoule
08-05-2006, 02:53 PM
On SmackDown! Elijah Burke & Sylvester Turkay beat a jobber named Scott Wright. Thought that was kinda funny.

LTgiants
08-05-2006, 02:55 PM
On SmackDown! Elijah Burke & Sylvester Turkay beat a jobber named Scott Wright. Thought that was kinda funny.

so did umaga

LTgiants
08-07-2006, 10:09 AM
bump

tishdog
08-07-2006, 01:42 PM
Do you guys think HHH will beat Umaga tonight?

LTgiants
08-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Do you guys think HHH will beat Umaga tonight?

i think triple h will win

eazyb81
08-07-2006, 03:14 PM
Anyone hear about RVD's neck injury he sustained this weekend? I was at the show where he hurt it (his first show back since suspension), and it did not look good.

Angle went for a hard german suplex where he flips him all the way over, but I don't think RVD was expecting it and he just ended up landing on his neck. He didn't move for a few seconds and you could tell by the look on Angle's face that it did not go as planned....he just kind of sat in the corner and looked at RVD while the ref was down talking to him. Amazingly RVD actually finished the match and eventually Angle made him tap out, but it was a scary moment.

Anyways, I hope they book a long RVD/Angle feud, they had a great match going until the injury. The crowd was split 50/50, and RVD and Angle chants were going back and forth....it was pretty cool.

Apparently the Poplar Bluff show sold the most tickets during their current house show tour (2600+ tickets sold). There were a ton of people there and the crowd was really into it the whole time.

LTgiants
08-08-2006, 02:20 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Goatweed/sigs/pam_tits.gif

this needs a bump

08-08-2006, 06:58 PM
I see a shimer from a nipple ring!!!

tishdog
08-08-2006, 08:32 PM
I'm looking foward to Angle vs. Sabu tonight on ECW.

Brodeur
08-08-2006, 09:46 PM
15 minutes or so with Mike Knox on my screen, and no CM Punk match? I'm depressed.

Brodeur
08-08-2006, 10:06 PM
Ok, that was the worst botch EVER.

tishdog
08-08-2006, 10:23 PM
did anyone notice that they kinda of gave away the outcome when they showed the commercial that said on whatever date that Big Show, Angle, and RVD would have a triple threat match.

bigrick0016
08-09-2006, 07:17 PM
I got 5 questions about ECW:

1. What the hell was with those two jackasses dressed like vampires? They were so annoying I couldn't even stare at the manager's tits for the entire match.

2. Who the hell was working the cameras? When a woman is upside down and her skirt falls and exposes her ass, the camera angle moves instantly to a butt shot. I need toi find these people so I can karate chop them in the throat.

3. Where was Head?

4. Why won't Mike Knox die?

5. Whose idea was it to have matches with rules and where can I find them? I want to cause them harm.

LTgiants
08-09-2006, 07:46 PM
I got 5 questions about ECW:

1. What the hell was with those two jackasses dressed like vampires? They were so annoying I couldn't even stare at the manager's tits for the entire match.

2. Who the hell was working the cameras? When a woman is upside down and her skirt falls and exposes her ass, the camera angle moves instantly to a butt shot. I need toi find these people so I can karate chop them in the throat.

3. Where was Head?

4. Why won't Mike Knox die?

5. Whose idea was it to have matches with rules and where can I find them? I want to cause them harm.

al snow lost head cause test kicked him into the stands during tests first match :cry:

bearsfan_51
08-10-2006, 01:52 PM
That Sabu-Angle match was real good. The ladder match next week should be even better.

I'm starting to come around at least a little bit to the new ECW. The "extreme rules" is still terrible and some of the gimmicks are rather lame (which can be blamed primarily on Heyman since he's the head writer) but in terms of matwork there is a decent blend of actual wrestling and violence. My biggest problem isn't the cutdown on chairshots but actually the cutdown on high-risk arial moves. I've had this problem with the WWF/WWE for a long time now. My favorite wrestlers are always the ones that do the big spots and slowly but surely the WWE has sapped that away. The best part about ECW to me was the work of guys like Juvi, Supercrazy, Tajiri, Jericho, Benoit, Mysterio, etc. I'd like to see them use this opportunity to bring in more guys that can show off high-flying moves (hell just steal them from TNA if you have to). Unfortunately I don't think that's going to happen. Oh well...at least I have RVD, Sabu, and a ladder to look forward to.

Oh and the hardcore hangover option on the ECW website is perfect for someone that has a girlfriend who won't watch wrestling and is always around on weekday nights. :lol:

08-10-2006, 09:12 PM
WWE recently announced that The Undertaker will be taking on The Great Khali at next Tuesday's SmackDown! tapings in Washington, DC rather than this year's SummerSlam pay-per view.

This decision was made due to a string of recent House Show matches between the two. It was then deemed that Khali can't appear on anything that airs live on television for WWE. WWE also within the past few weeks has had to edit anything that involved The Great Khali.

There remains no word on his future with WWE after the SmackDown! taping next week, but one can assume that if he is not at a point yet where he can perform, he might be sent back to developmental or let go all together.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=157266160

for some reason, I'm not very surprised

mpt117
08-11-2006, 12:26 PM
seems like to me WWE has started to get better...

Jay
08-12-2006, 10:29 AM
The Vampire thing is more of a sci-fi channel thing then anything else. Kevin Thorn used to be Mordecai, the dude that wore all white and had white hair and a white beard. The chick is Shelly Martinez. Her and Beth Pheonix were the kid I went to high school with, Aaron "Idol" Stevens valets in OVW...

MikeJones
08-13-2006, 11:18 PM
I read where the Hardy Boyz are going to make a comeback thats somthing I would like to see. I was mad when they broke them up and then when Jeff could not get off the dope but he is clean now and is ready to make the Hardy boyz comeback.

tishdog
08-14-2006, 01:29 PM
Bump for RAW tonight.

Here is my idea of what should happen...
When Randy Orton calls out Hogan, Hogan accept and runs down there and gets RKO'd once he gets in the ring. Then they find out he re-injured his knee somehow and cannot compete in SummerSlam. Then McMahon comes out and announces that Randy Orton will now be taking part in a Triple Threat Match for the WWe Title with Edge and Cena.

How awesome would that be.

LTgiants
08-14-2006, 01:58 PM
jeff hardy is gonna be on raw

08-14-2006, 08:14 PM

uhhh huhhh, sorry guys, no Hardy Boys, only 2 Hardy Boy

LTgiants
08-14-2006, 08:23 PM

uhhh huhhh, sorry guys, no Hardy Boys, only 2 Hardy Boy

i honestly have no clue what you just said

LTgiants
08-14-2006, 08:24 PM
LITA IS THE NEW WWE WOMENS CHAMP

thank god i was getting tired of mickie being the champ

Brodeur
08-14-2006, 08:25 PM
LITA IS THE NEW WWE WOMENS CHAMP

thank god i was getting tired of mickie being the champ

Be quiet.

Anyways, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

WMD
08-14-2006, 08:33 PM
This is the worst thing that's ever happened to me.

1- Mickie James lost the title.
2- It looks like Mickie James is now a face.

bigrick0016
08-14-2006, 10:22 PM
Who is that cockbag on the "diva" search (Diva is a f***ing awful name btw)? Only that jackass can make staring at big fake titties unappealing.

08-14-2006, 10:24 PM

Is it just me, or do the WWE cameras really emphasize Mickie James' crotch in her matches? Like every match she has is like one big up-skirt. I mean, not that I mind.

bigrick0016
08-14-2006, 10:26 PM

Is it just me, or do the WWE cameras really emphasize Mickie James' crotch in her matches? Like every match she has is like one big up-skirt. I mean, not that I mind.

one of the few examples of good camerawork

eazyb81
08-15-2006, 03:25 PM
Jeez, is it just me or has Raw been extremely stale and predictable lately? I am so bored with the Cena/Edge feud and DX/McMahon feud, and that seems to take up 80% of the show.

DX needs to breakup after Summerslam, the McMahons need to stop being on tv all the time, and we need some other contenders to step up and challenge for the title.

I hated the new ECW initially, but it is quickly becoming must see tv for me. RVD, Sabu, Angle, Show, Punk, Dreamer, Sandman, etc.....ECW just seems to have more talent right now.

bearsfan_51
08-15-2006, 03:38 PM
I agree, ECW is all I even watch anymore. And thanks to the hardcore hangover option I can go out and do something social and still watch it the next day.

Raw is monkey piss. I hate the new DX with a passion. It's pretty bad when you root for the McMahons.

eazyb81
08-15-2006, 04:04 PM
I forgot to even mention the Diva Search.....who are the ad wizards who came up with this one? That God for Tivo.

WMD
08-15-2006, 05:26 PM
I forgot to even mention the Diva Search.....who are the ad wizards who came up with this one? That God for Tivo.

Kevin Dunn.. he's the man behind the Diva Search and Tough Enough. He basically hates wrestling, he hates the word wrestling, and if you haven't noticed.. the word "wrestler" or "wrestling" is very very rarely ever used.. it's all his fault..

Brodeur
08-15-2006, 09:18 PM
Screw the Smackdown crowd for not cheering Punk. They can all burn in hell.

bearsfan_51
08-15-2006, 09:25 PM
What are you talking about? They cheered him. They even started a C.M Punk chant.

Brodeur
08-15-2006, 09:26 PM
What are you talking about? They cheered him. They even started a C.M Punk chant.

Those were select and very loud ROH fans. I'd say there was about 100-200 people chanting his name. The rest of the people were just silent because they suck.

Creek
08-15-2006, 09:27 PM
I heard a muffled R-O-H chant as well.

bearsfan_51
08-15-2006, 09:30 PM

Those were select and very loud ROH fans. I'd say there was about 100-200 people chanting his name. The rest of the people were just silent because they suck.
Eh...in terms of both of Punk's matches with Credible neither of them have been that great.....not bad, but nothing special. Obviously some of that has to do with the time alloted to his matches. He had a few stiff moves in this one but if I didn't already know who he was there wasn't anything that would have made me **** a brick or anything.

BTW..I hope that when ECW does return to the arena that Renee Dupree has to perform live. Jesus if there is one wrestler that would have been torn up back then it'd be him. He's a perfect heel for ECW.

Brodeur
08-15-2006, 09:33 PM
Test/Knox need to learn of something called charisma.

08-15-2006, 09:44 PM
Anyone notice the "RVD sell me a sack" sign?

I'm thinking they were refering to a bag of..... weeeeeddd!!!

WMD
08-15-2006, 09:53 PM
Anyone notice the "RVD sell me a sack" sign?

I'm thinking they were refering to a bag of..... weeeeeddd!!!

You don't say!

08-15-2006, 09:55 PM
It was right before he entered the ring.

Brodeur
08-15-2006, 10:03 PM
That finish was uhh.......

WMD
08-15-2006, 10:05 PM
That match was uhh.......

tishdog
08-15-2006, 10:10 PM
anyone have the .gif of that frog splash by RVD. That was sick. It would look great in my sig or avy.

EHobbs27
08-15-2006, 11:18 PM
The only really wrestling that I watch now is TNA. I used to love WCW and it is good to see a lot of the guys from WCW in TNA now. Sting, Scott Steiner, Kevin Nash, Konnan, Raven, and I like Monty Brown. I will sometimes watch Raw and ECW and I rarely watch Smackdown becuase it is on Friday's now and I'm not usually home.

WMD
08-15-2006, 11:37 PM
Goldberg is supposedly in talks with TNA, so... He could show up any time now.

diabsoule
08-16-2006, 08:18 AM
Goldberg is supposedly in talks with TNA, so... He could show up any time now.

Goldberg has been in discussion with TNA. He is asking for too much money and TNA at this point isn't thinking that bringing him in is a priority. I would agree.

tishdog
08-16-2006, 11:14 AM
check out the sick avatar.

08-16-2006, 09:44 PM
I was just flippin through the channels and realized the diva search is on tonight. The first thing I see is a bikini arm wrestling match. Not that I'm complaining, but how useless are the bikinis?

eazyb81
08-16-2006, 10:06 PM
Just watched the ladder match from Tuesday night's ECW.....what a lame ending.

08-18-2006, 10:55 AM
Did anyone catch that when they were having the Diva Lingerie Competition, JT said something to the affect "Because I'm a mom, ...(Not really sure what she said after this she just made a comment about her lingerie, I was too shocked that she was a mom)"

Wouldn't be surprised if that was some of the reasoning she got axed

Nitschke-Hawk
08-18-2006, 11:02 AM
Did anyone catch that when they were having the Diva Lingerie Competition, JT said something to the affect "Because I'm a mom, ...(Not really sure what she said after this she just made a comment about her lingerie, I was too shocked that she was a mom)"

Wouldn't be surprised if that was some of the reasoning she got axed

lol

I liked Layla from the beginning ( I'm not a fan of diva search though). I remember she got booed a few times at the beginning of the search. But she ended dusting everybody, it was obvious she would win.

TitansKKH1
08-18-2006, 11:18 AM
what happened to Kevin Nash and Sting?

LTgiants
08-18-2006, 11:36 AM
what did christian cage do to sting?

Nitschke-Hawk
08-18-2006, 12:04 PM
Check out Chris Masters at a recent Ohio Valley Wrestling show.Looks like he lost 20-30 pounds.

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/2638/mastersfd7.jpg

diabsoule
08-18-2006, 01:51 PM
That's what happens when you stop taking 'roids.

bigrick0016
08-18-2006, 02:05 PM
Damn that boy got skinny!

My unwanted 2 cents on the matter: Let'em take 'roids I don't care. It's not like he's using 'roids to break some hallowed record, he just wants to look better in little speedo tights.

08-18-2006, 04:13 PM
The Akron Beacon Journal features a review of the new McMahon DVD. This is what the author had to say regarding the planned incest angle with Stephanie McMahon, the paper wrote: "He's also a family man who has turned his wife, son and daughter into characters in the WWE's televised wrestling saga -- a harsh and convoluted tale at that. (Daughter Stephanie mentions one Vince-proposed story line so outrageous that she refused to do it.) The portrait of McMahon is consistently entertaining, and disturbing."

:shock: What the....

http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=157932579

bigrick0016
08-18-2006, 04:21 PM
I am completely dumbfounded

Nitschke-Hawk
08-18-2006, 09:46 PM
"The product of my semen."-Vince McMahon :lol:

08-19-2006, 10:22 AM
ECW is getting better which each week. Ever Since the Big Became Champ and Paul Heymans Character is turning himself into a mini Vince from the Attitude era ECW has become entertaining. Next step is for ECW to became 90 minutes or 2 hours.

bearsfan_51
08-19-2006, 06:33 PM
Check out Chris Masters at a recent Ohio Valley Wrestling show.Looks like he lost 20-30 pounds.

That little Mexican kid looks pissed that Masters is kissing his Mom. I would be too.

08-20-2006, 10:46 PM

That little Mexican kid looks pissed that Masters is kissing his Mom. I would be too.

:lol:

Jay
08-20-2006, 10:55 PM
Not the best pay per view tonight. Pretty disappointing...

diabsoule
08-21-2006, 03:02 AM
I read about SummerSlam and it sounded terrible. No title changes or anything.

WMD
08-21-2006, 03:18 AM
Summerslam was tonight? :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock:

eazyb81
08-21-2006, 10:37 AM
"This is an I Quit match, not a lay on your a$$ match!"

So-so PPV, but the Flair/Foley match was GOLD.

LTgiants
08-21-2006, 11:20 AM
wat were the results of summerslam

LTgiants
08-21-2006, 08:12 PM
yay jeff hardy :D

diabsoule
08-21-2006, 09:09 PM
SummerSlam results:

Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrerro
- Winner: Chavo

ECW Championship Match:
Big Show vs. Sabu:
Winner and still ECW Heavyweight Champion: Big Show

The Legend Hulk Hogan vs. The Legend Killer Randy Orton:
The winner: Hulk Hogan

"I Quit" Match Ric Flair vs. Mick Foley:
Winner: Ric Flair (Foley supposedly said that he quit because he thought Flair would hit Melina)

SmackDown Heavyweight Championship Match:
King Booker vs. Batista
- Winner via DQ: Batista

DX vs. Shane & Vinnie Mac
Winner - DX

WWE Champion Edge vs. Cena in a "Belt can change hands on a count out or DQ":
Winner and still Champion: Edge

From what I've read about it, it was supposedly an average PPV but nothing special.

08-21-2006, 09:29 PM
You can quote me on this...

the "original" Kane is coming back

...they wanted to do it before but realized the storyline was too far fetched. Now they have a storyline where Kane can't talk anymore so he will revert back to his original form

Brodeur
08-21-2006, 09:36 PM
A piece of me dies everytime the Marine is shown/mentioned.

08-21-2006, 09:38 PM
A piece of me dies everytime the Marine is shown/mentioned.

08-21-2006, 09:43 PM
Did anyone read about Flair and Foley and how they both wanted to lose last night but Foley had creative control. I really wish Flair would have lost last night, Ijust want his wrinkly old ass off of tv

08-21-2006, 09:48 PM
I'm glad they didn't change Carlito's music too much

08-21-2006, 09:54 PM
didn't Foley lose the "I quit" match. how could he get fired if he has already quit

Brodeur
08-21-2006, 09:58 PM
How dare they do this to Foley.

Nitschke-Hawk
08-21-2006, 10:29 PM
i'm confused, i kept flipping channels to MNF and "Gene Simmons family jewels" (great show btw) and next thing i know the mcmahons are taking their frustration out on mick foley, is that what appened or do they really have a reason?

jayceheathman
08-21-2006, 11:09 PM
i'm confused, i kept flipping channels to MNF and "Gene Simmons family jewels" (great show btw) and next thing i know the mcmahons are taking their frustration out on mick foley, is that what appened or do they really have a reason?

DX spray painted "DX" on the McMahon's plane, the WWE headquarters, and their limo. They also tied a chain to back of the limo and the whole axel came off. Thats why they decided to bring out their frustration on Foley.

Nitschke-Hawk
08-22-2006, 10:02 AM

DX spray painted "DX" on the McMahon's plane, the WWE headquarters, and their limo. They also tied a chain to back of the limo and the whole axel came off. Thats why they decided to bring out their frustration on Foley.

Yeah I saw ALL of that. That's why I thought it was something else. Thanks

diabsoule
08-22-2006, 11:13 AM
The DX angle has lost all my interest. It's nothing but the same thing week in and week out. There's just no flavor to their characters anymore.

Last night was the first time I watched RAW in a while and I just can't stand it. I ended up going to bed rather than watching it all the way through.

eazyb81
08-22-2006, 04:08 PM
I actually thought Raw was pretty good last night. The Orton/Carlito feud should be a good one, and Umaga/Kane could be okay (was anyone else freaked out seeing him spit up blood?).

Foley lost the I Quit match, but it didn't mean he was quitting WWE, just the match. Now he is fired, but we'll see where this leads....

08-22-2006, 07:58 PM
I actually thought Raw was pretty good last night. The Orton/Carlito feud should be a good one, and Umaga/Kane could be okay (was anyone else freaked out seeing him spit up blood?).

Foley lost the I Quit match, but it didn't mean he was quitting WWE, just the match. Now he is fired, but we'll see where this leads....

They used fake blood. The packet it was in was on Kanes back. It got stuck there when he was rolling around. I saw it and before i could point it out to my friends, they quick changed the camera angle and never went back.

Nitschke-Hawk
08-22-2006, 08:19 PM

They used fake blood. The packet it was in was on Kanes back. It got stuck there when he was rolling around. I saw it and before i could point it out to my friends, they quick changed the camera angle and never went back.

...they wanted to do it before but realized the storyline was too far fetched. Now they have a storyline where Kane can't talk anymore so he will revert back to his original form

but with Umaga as his rival? the only thing they have in common is being "monsters". :? :? :?

08-22-2006, 08:24 PM

but with Umaga as his rival? the only thing they have in common is being "monsters". :? :? :?

It doesn't matter!!!

sorry for that Rock flashback, but anyways, don't question my authority! 2 weeks after Micki James debuted I proclaimed that Micki would end up trying to kiss Trish and thats how there alliance would break up. I was actually pretty buzzed at a party when my friend called me and was like "**** You!! You'll never guess what happened tonight. Micki kissed Trish"... true story, and you'll be saying the same things once the original Kane comes back

Nitschke-Hawk
08-22-2006, 09:26 PM
i wasN'T questioning you, i was questioned the WWE! those idiots!

08-22-2006, 09:37 PM
i wasN'T questioning you, i was questioned the WWE! those idiots!

your forgiven... for now

Nitschke-Hawk
08-22-2006, 10:00 PM
i don't need to be forgiven. it was a misunderstanding. :lol:

but i definitely believe you i already see it happening, i just dunno where the WWE can go with this... :?

08-22-2006, 10:05 PM

but i definitely believe you i already see it happening, i just dunno where the WWE can go with this... :?

Same thing as the Undertaker... just have Kane come back as the original and try to forget that he had ever changed until he retires

Nitschke-Hawk
08-22-2006, 10:08 PM

Same thing as the Undertaker... just have Kane come back as the original and try to forget that he had ever changed until he retires

the umaga part is the part that's bugging me, they're giving him a big push and if it doesn't work out-when kane retires one day we'll say how that dumb guy umaga made him need a voice box again.

08-22-2006, 10:11 PM

the umaga part is the part that's bugging me, they're giving him a big push and if it doesn't work out-when kane retires one day we'll say how that dumb guy umaga made him need a voice box again.

Im thinking the only reason they used Umaga is because his special move is the thumb spike to the throat.... I guess they could have had Eugene give him a stunner from the top rope, that could have caused soem devastation :lol:

Titans_Dynasty85
08-23-2006, 06:06 PM
The WWE is very poorly run. If they were smart they would make both shows(Raw and Smackdown) equally entertaining. Smackdown right now is retarted especially with JBL commentating. If they made Smackdown as popular as Raw then they would double their ratings instead of just having one show getting all the ratings. This is just my opinion, but I think the WWE has been getting worse for some time. I used to be a fan, but now I could really care less.

08-23-2006, 08:05 PM
The WWE is very poorly run. If they were smart they would make both shows(Raw and Smackdown) equally entertaining. Smackdown right now is retarted especially with JBL commentating. If they made Smackdown as popular as Raw then they would double their ratings instead of just having one show getting all the ratings. This is just my opinion, but I think the WWE has been getting worse for some time. I used to be a fan, but now I could really care less.

I dont know about that. ECW is getting better every time I see it and JBL is pure gold commentating.

Brodeur
08-23-2006, 08:06 PM

JBL is by far the best commentator in the WWE right now.

bearsfan_51
08-23-2006, 09:38 PM
And the ratings for Smackdown are actually comparable to Raw, especially when considering it's on a Friday night and most people aren't watching TV.

08-23-2006, 10:54 PM

They can't do the same stuff on Smackdown as they can with Raw. The UPN (or CW as it it now called) network is much stricter than the NBC networks with what they can do and what they can't do. Not only that, but Smackdown is also taped, so they have edit it and personally thats a big drawback for me. I love watching for the mistakes.

Nitschke-Hawk
08-24-2006, 12:25 AM
JBL is pure gold.

08-25-2006, 05:28 PM
http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=158550486

Due to personal issues, Kurt Angle has been granted an early release from his contract. WWE looks forward to establishing a new relationship with Kurt in the near future.

Brodeur
08-25-2006, 05:55 PM

Due to personal issues, Kurt Angle has been granted an early release from his contract. WWE looks forward to establishing a new relationship with Kurt in the near future.

:(

This was the right thing to do, Angle's body honestly can't take anymore pain. As much as I will miss the guy wrestling, I'm hoping he can be an on air personality.

Brodeur
08-26-2006, 12:38 AM
Sporting my new Angle sig/avatar for a partial tribute since he NEEDS to be gone for a few years.

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
08-26-2006, 11:51 AM

Very surprised they did it but it is a very good move by the WWE. Angle sure has been through a lot of things this last year and half.

WMD
08-26-2006, 02:24 PM
Kurt Angle is a God..

diabsoule
08-26-2006, 03:19 PM
Kurt Angle was my favorite wrestler while he was wrestling. He is just awesome and I'll miss him while he's not wrestling.

LTgiants
08-28-2006, 04:06 PM
bump

what u think is gonna happen tonite on raw?

Nitschke-Hawk
08-28-2006, 04:17 PM
nothing

WMD
08-28-2006, 04:21 PM
bump

-DX will annoy me
-Mickie James will be HOT
-Shelton Benjamin will wrestle in a match that will be too short
-Lita will wear a top that gives me a good view of her boobies
-Armando Alejandro Estrada won't get to talk
-Johnny Nitro will do unnecessary flips in his moves

jayceheathman
08-28-2006, 05:38 PM
bump

-DX will annoy me
-Mickie James will be HOT
-Shelton Benjamin will wrestle in a match that will be too short
-Lita will wear a top that gives me a good view of her boobies
-Armando Alejandro Estrada won't get to talk
-Johnny Nitro will do unnecessary flips in his moves

:lol: :lol: :lol:

bigrick0016
08-28-2006, 05:56 PM
hooray for boobies!

bearsfan_51
08-28-2006, 07:17 PM
I actually like Nitro. Flips are fun.

WMD
08-28-2006, 08:16 PM

I like Nitro.. but doing a breakdance move before a leg drop serves no purpose at all... :lol:

YAYareaRB
08-29-2006, 10:55 PM

I like Nitro.. but doing a breakdance move before a leg drop serves no purpose at all... :lol:

WoW that Melina is something else!

Nitschke-Hawk
08-29-2006, 11:45 PM
Trish Stratus retiring after Unforgiven.

Brodeur
08-30-2006, 12:02 AM
Sabu really needs to stop doing promos. It's just so ugly.

WMD
09-04-2006, 07:57 PM
Tonight a new tag team, Cryme Tyme, will be introduced to the RAW audience. In an effort to humor and entertain our fans the tag team known as Cryme Tyme will be parodying racial stereotypes.

Shad Gaspar and JTG do outlandish, outrageous “stunts” to ready themselves for tag team action on RAW. This attempt at Saturday Night Live-like humor is bound to entertain audiences of all ethnic derivations.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Brodeur
09-04-2006, 08:53 PM
Super Crazy beats Masters aka a cruiserweight beats a hoss aka feel the floor to make sure hell is still hot.

Jay
09-04-2006, 08:58 PM
Hmm, that's like... the opposite of Shad's charactor in OVW...

Jay
09-04-2006, 09:39 PM
OK, I don't care. THAT was funny. Cryme Tyme is fine with me so far...

Brodeur
09-04-2006, 09:43 PM
OK, I don't care. THAT was funny. Cryme Tyme is fine with me so far...

http://www.clarity.net/~adam/images/misc/humor/animated_gifs/thats_racist.gif

Jay
09-04-2006, 09:50 PM
Oh well, so is dressing dudes up as redknecks... kind of...

09-05-2006, 01:13 AM
here's a video of Shad Gaspard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrtpAoQBHEs

bearsfan_51
09-07-2006, 01:14 AM
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/7/78/200px-Mortis.jpg

WHO BETTER THAN KANYON!?!?!

WMD
09-07-2006, 01:29 AM
Kanyon was the man, but he's annoying these days, All he talks about is how gay he is... He won't let anyone forget about it...

bearsfan_51
09-07-2006, 01:30 AM
Yeah like the picture I just put up wasn't a dead giveaway.

09-07-2006, 11:50 AM
Yeah like the picture I just put up wasn't a dead giveaway.

eazyb81
09-07-2006, 11:53 AM
WWE released Jamie Noble, kind of a surprise.

Is the McMahon/Triple H match next Monday really supposed to be exciting? I could care less.

09-07-2006, 12:26 PM
If anybody wants to get in on my WWE Fantasy League

Group: Who wears short shorts?

Password: M.Striker

The season starts Monday at 7pt ET

09-07-2006, 03:41 PM

There are plenty of spots left....

eazyb81
09-07-2006, 04:40 PM

Can you explain the rules a bit? I've never participated in a pro wrestling fantasy league.

Do you just get points when your wrestlers do certain moves or when they win matches?

09-07-2006, 05:10 PM

Can you explain the rules a bit? I've never participated in a pro wrestling fantasy league.

Do you just get points when your wrestlers do certain moves or when they win matches?

You get points for each time they make an appearance, each time they use a weapon, each time they do their special, each time they win... those are the main ones but there are others, like points deducted if they get DQed or suspended

WMD
09-07-2006, 09:12 PM
WWE released Jamie Noble, kind of a surprise.

What the hell.. They already released him once because he was on steroids. I like Jamie Noble, I don't think he'd be dumb enough to go back on steroids and risk his job again. His team with Kid Kash wasn't bad at all..

09-08-2006, 02:55 PM
NWO might be returning...again

LTgiants
09-11-2006, 08:26 PM
yay piper is back :D

Jay
09-17-2006, 09:51 PM
That was such an awesome PPV, easily one of the best they've done in a while. Spoiler alert:

I'm warning you....

Cena FUing Edge through two tables stacked from the top of the ladder was one of the biggest spots I've ever seen. God damn that was awesome.

PACKmanN
09-17-2006, 11:57 PM
DAMN THAT WAS CRAZY. I just came back from the PPV if u happen to see me i was holding a sign saying "FINALLY THE WWE HAS COME BACK TO TORONTO". When Trish and Edge came out everyone was going wild. When Edge lost and he was walking out it was so sad, Everyone was cheering for him and he stood there saying thank you.

bigrick0016
09-19-2006, 11:29 PM
I know that you guy just love CM Punk (He's so dreamy), but his character annoys me. He sounds like an anti-drug PSA.

bearsfan_51
09-20-2006, 01:44 PM
I know that you guy just love CM Punk (He's so dreamy), but his character annoys me. He sounds like an anti-drug PSA.
Agreed. Plus when he slapped Shannon Moore and said "you're a poser" it reminded me of an 8th grade skateboarder more than someone who claimed to be extreme. He's got some good in-ring talent and I can't blame him for the character the WWE gave to him (although I think a lot of that was probably his own choice) but I just have a hard time getting into the guy. And now he's in a feud with who's-his-face over that stupid ****? Big deal.

WMD
09-20-2006, 03:11 PM
CM Punk isn't a character the WWE gave him, he's himself.. I think it's pretty cool that he doesn't drink or do drugs.. He's someone that people who don't drink and all that, like me, can look up to and be a fan of.

bigrick0016
09-20-2006, 04:57 PM
He can not drink and do drugs all he wants, that's perfectly fine. I just don't want to hear it every time he's on screen.

Nerv
09-20-2006, 05:04 PM
CM Punk isn't a character the WWE gave him, he's himself.. I think it's pretty cool that he doesn't drink or do drugs.. He's someone that people who don't drink and all that, like me, can look up to and be a fan of.

sXe HARDCORE YAAAAAAAAAAAAa -- Because being an asshole and not drinking is better than drinking 8)

bearsfan_51
09-20-2006, 09:54 PM
http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/32300641

What

the

****!?!?

They released the Boogeyman!?!?! WHY!?!?!?!

I don't ever go to those wrestling news websites so I hope there is a damn good reason for this.

WMD
09-20-2006, 10:12 PM
They felt he wasn't doing enough to rehab from his injuries..

bearsfan_51
09-20-2006, 11:02 PM
They felt he wasn't doing enough to rehab from his injuries..
They are ******* stupid.

bigrick0016
09-20-2006, 11:27 PM
Honestly, I've never seen or heard of the Boogeyman.

bearsfan_51
09-20-2006, 11:47 PM
Honestly, I've never seen or heard of the Boogeyman.
He ate live worms, smashed glass clocks over his head, and was just generally crazy and amusing. Probably the best gimmick the WWE has come up with since Razor Ramon.

Nerv
09-21-2006, 02:19 AM
i liked the boogeyman, he was funny

socaldude
09-21-2006, 02:40 AM
and thats another smackdown superstar gone...I wonder what wwe will do next to help kill that show.

09-22-2006, 09:36 AM
Attn: Everybody

Sorry, but I'm back. Now you have to put up with my bull *********** once again!

Sincerely,

KAWICGB

Splat
09-22-2006, 12:34 PM
and thats another smackdown superstar gone...I wonder what wwe will do next to help kill that show.

SD is by far the worst show on I can't believe it is still on.

diabsoule
09-22-2006, 02:34 PM

SD is by far the worst show on I can't believe it is still on.

They just need to kill it off now. All of their superstars (if you can call them that) are, for the most part, old and can't live up to what they used to be able to do. I can only name a few young guys with a lot of potential. They just need to divide them up between RAW and ECW.

comahan
09-24-2006, 07:52 PM
Friday was the first time in a LONG time that ive seen a crowd go crazy on a wrestlers entrance on Raw/Smackdown (i dont order ppv's, so i have no idea about those.) It was 'Taker, and he and Booker put up a solid match until the end..

comahan
09-24-2006, 10:01 PM
Also, at the end of the TNA PPV...

Cornette came out and announced that they would be getting a primetime, 2 hour slot starting on 11/16, and that Kurt Angle, yes.. KURT ANGLE, is coming to TNA.

Hurricane Ditka
09-24-2006, 10:15 PM
I haven't read a single page of this thread, but the poll disgusts me, WHERE IS THE PEOPLE'S ELBOW?

socaldude
09-24-2006, 10:18 PM
CHECK IT OUT!

www.tnawrestling.com

comahan
09-24-2006, 10:24 PM
CHECK IT OUT!

www.tnawrestling.com

I was expecting their incredibly hyped up announcement to let me down.. but my god.

socaldude
09-24-2006, 10:32 PM
CHECK IT OUT!

www.tnawrestling.com

I was expecting their incredibly hyped up announcement to let me down.. but my god.

yeah same here....i was expecting maybe goldberg at best...but wow. TNA just got themself a new viewer.

comahan
09-24-2006, 11:13 PM
TNA WRESTLING MAKES TWO MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENTS

Nashville, TN, September 24, 2006 – Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling announced today that Olympic gold medalist and pro wrestling megastar Kurt Angle has signed exclusively with the company. It was also announced that TNA iMPACT! will move to 9:00 PM ET/PT Thursdays on Spike TV starting November 16.

“This has been a huge week in our company’s history,” said Dixie Carter, president of TNA Entertainment, LLC. “The signing of Kurt Angle and the move of iMPACT! to 9 PM are both significant benchmarks in the growth of TNA. The history of pro wrestling is marked with events that change the landscape of the industry and I believe that this week will be viewed in that context.”

Angle, a 2-time NCAA Division I champion and a 3-time NCAA Division I All-American, capped off his illustrious amateur career by winning a gold medal in freestyle wrestling at the 1996 Olympics, competing with two cracked vertebrae, two herniated disks and four pulled muscles.

On November 14, 1999, Angle made his on-screen debut with the World Wrestling Federation. Since then, this 5-time WWE World Champion has held every major championship belt in WWF/E. He is also in the USA Wrestling Hall of Fame.

“Kurt is considered the greatest wrestler in professional wrestling,” added Carter. “His in-ring ability is matched only by his leadership and attitude. We are thrilled Kurt is joining the TNA family and we look forward to a long, successful relationship.”

“Being with TNA feels like I found my home,” Kurt Angle commented. “TNA will be the most watched show on cable TV – it’s just a matter of time. Thank you TNA for saving my career, my life and my desire to do what I love.”

TNA also announced it will premiere in primetime on Spike TV starting Thursday, November 16, kicking-off with a two-hour extravaganza from 9:00 – 11:00 PM, ET/PT to celebrate the move. The following Thursday, TNA can be seen in its regularly scheduled timeslot (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), with encores continuing to telecast on Saturdays (11:00 PM – Midnight, ET/PT).

“We’ve been impressed by TNA’s growth and the acquisition of Kurt Angle today continues to show us that wrestling fans, as well as professional wrestlers, know that TNA is the place to be and now primetime on Spike TV is the place for them to be,” says Kevin Kay, General Manager of Spike TV.

After twenty telecasts in the Thursday 11 PM ET/PT time slot, TNA iMPACT! is averaging a 1.0 HH rating, with a 1.1 in M18-49, a 1.3 in M18-34 and an average audience of 1.1 million viewers. Compared to YAGO in that timeslot, TNA is up +137% in HH, +211% in M18-49, +244% in M18-34 and +157% in average audience. Among ad-supported cable channels in the time period (11:00 PM – Midnight, ET/PT), Spike ranks #1 in M18-49, #1 in M25-34, and #2 in M18-34. (All ratings reflect Most Current viewing levels)

The new wrestling alternative, TNA delivers a distinct brand of high-risk, athletic entertainment. TNA’s roster includes new, fresh talent like AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe, Monty Brown and recognizable stars such as Sting, Christian Cage, Jeff Jarrett, Team 3D, and others. TNA features the innovative six-sided ring and the high-flying “X Division,” as well as concept matches such as “Ultimate X,” “King of the Mountain,” and “Six Sides of Steel.”

TNA Entertainment, LLC is a privately held company headquartered in Nashville, TN. The names of all Total Nonstop Action Wrestling televised programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans and all TNA Wrestling logos and trademarks are exclusive property of TNA Entertainment, LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. For more information, visit www.tnawrestling.com.

socaldude
09-25-2006, 12:11 AM
Save his life, career. OUCH! is that a shot at WWE!? TNA didnt lie when they said they had something thatll change the industry. This might make more top notch wrestlers leave for TNA.

WMD
09-25-2006, 12:55 AM
It's real. It's DAMN Real!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpVa8wrDq-Y

I guess that's his new "I can't use my WWE catchphrase but this is kinda similar" catchphrase.

I wonder how often they're going to use him.. And who they're going to use him against. A Samoa Joe/Kurt Angle feud will be great.. but Angle's body is in terrible shape, I wish he would've held out a lot longer to start wrestling again.

comahan
09-25-2006, 01:20 AM
It's real. It's DAMN Real!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpVa8wrDq-Y

I guess that's his new "I can't use my WWE catchphrase but this is kinda similar" catchphrase.

I wonder how often they're going to use him.. And who they're going to use him against. A Samoa Joe/Kurt Angle feud will be great.. but Angle's body is in terrible shape, I wish he would've held out a lot longer to start wrestling again.

Yea, Angle/Joe would be great. I hope that he still sits out for a little while though.

Angle/Styles - Angle/Daniels - Angle/Christian - Angle/Sting would all be amazing as well... As long as he doesnt feud with Jarrett or Big Poppa Pump... i'll be fine.

Splat
09-25-2006, 09:43 AM
I'am a huge Angle fan but he should not get in the ring his neck is trashed!!!

Jay
09-25-2006, 07:28 PM
Looks like Eric Bischoff will be on RAW tonight...

WMD
09-25-2006, 07:32 PM
Way to spoil the freaking show. On another website, I saw there was a spoiler for Raw and I intentionally avoided it..

Jay
09-25-2006, 07:58 PM
I said he's going to be there. BFD. No clue what he's going to do or say.

Brodeur
09-25-2006, 08:07 PM
DARK RAW.

Jay
09-25-2006, 08:10 PM
OK, they kept hyping the first 10 minutes of RAW... FOR THAT???

WMD
09-25-2006, 08:24 PM
I said he's going to be there. BFD. No clue what he's going to do or say.

Yeah. He hasn't been on Raw for what.. a year.. it would've been a nice surprise to see him show up. Just saying, be kind and mark spoilers.

Jay
09-25-2006, 08:44 PM
It's really not a spoiler. It's on WWE.com. Who cares. I'm sorry if your night is ruined because now you know Eric Bishoff might show up.

WMD
09-25-2006, 09:00 PM
It's really not a spoiler. It's on WWE.com. Who cares. I'm sorry if your night is ruined because now you know Eric Bishoff might show up.

It isn't ruined, but some people like to be surprised by things. I don't go to WWE.com. Just because you don't care doesn't mean other people don't.

WMD
09-25-2006, 09:18 PM
This is one of the worst Raws I've seen in a while.

Splat
09-25-2006, 09:51 PM
Spoiler!

comahan
09-29-2006, 09:37 PM
So yea, Angle wont be wrestling for at least another month, he will be the special enforcer to the Sting/Jarrett World Title Match at Bound For Glory.

Brodeur
09-29-2006, 09:40 PM
TNA with their usual great logic. Joe beats Jarrett yet gets no actual shot.

comahan
09-29-2006, 10:49 PM
Well, he has the belt, so that should be setting up something with Sting after the PPV, since theyll most likely have Sting beat Jarrett.

Something that I heard someone say that I like the Idea of is this :

Everyone seems to think Joe will keep rolling thru everyone and that he will do the same to win the Title. But i like the idea that Joe keeps his whole 'undefeated thing' up until his title shot, where he loses. But he keeps his non title match undefeated streak alive with the announcers hyping it all up that he cant win the big match. That would make the match where he finally wins the title (2nd or third shot, or something) that much better.

Here's a question, do you think Angle should be introduced as a Face or a Heel? My opinion is that with the hype, and what not --- he comes in as a face, feuding with Christian or another Heel not named Jarrett. But with time, Angle turns to become the companies main heel, dropping Jarrett down to higher mid-card status.

ccB
09-29-2006, 10:55 PM
Well, he has the belt, so that should be setting up something with Sting after the PPV, since theyll most likely have Sting beat Jarrett.

Everyone seems to think Joe will keep rolling thru everyone and that he will do the same to win the Title. But i like the idea that Joe keeps his whole 'undefeated thing' up until his title shot, where he loses. But he keeps his non title match undefeated streak alive with the announcers hyping it all up that he cant win the big match. That would make the match where he finally wins the title (2nd or third shot, or something) that much better.

Here's a question, do you think Angle should be introduced as a Face or a Heel? My opinion is that with the hype, and what not --- he comes in as a face, feuding with Christian or another Heel not named Jarrett. But with time, Angle turns to become the companies main heel, dropping Jarrett down to higher mid-card status.commie dropping knowledge in the pro wrestling thread. 8)

Windy
09-29-2006, 10:59 PM

Here's a question, do you think Angle should be introduced as a Face or a Heel? My opinion is that with the hype, and what not --- he comes in as a face, feuding with Christian or another Heel not named Jarrett. But with time, Angle turns to become the companies main heel, dropping Jarrett down to higher mid-card status.

I have quoted the commander.

Brodeur
09-29-2006, 11:42 PM

Jarrett will ALWAYS be in the main event. He's like a lingering cancer.

Roger Lodge
10-02-2006, 08:19 AM
NO ONE CAN BREAK THE MASTERLOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roger Lodge
10-04-2006, 05:11 PM
RAW really pissed me off. It seems Chris Masters career in the WWE is going down the pooper, and Cena kept the title. Not to mention Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch are getting a push.

comahan
10-04-2006, 05:27 PM
RAW really pissed me off. It seems Chris Masters career in the WWE is going down the pooper.

Well, he'll be in the IC title hunt for a while. So thats not completely terrible. I think he got pushed too early. The whole steriod or whetever thing probably doesnt help him either. RVD is, for the moment, staying out of any type of title chase (ECW championship) because they can't count on him due to his arrest, probably the same basic concept.

Cena kept the title.

Yea... :?

Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch are getting a push.

Maybe they can feud with Cryme Tyme :|

Cryme Tyme is apparently incredibly over with the crowd, and will be playing a babyface role. Perhaps Matt Hardy comes to Raw, as well as Joey Mercury when he comes back. There has also apparently been talk of putting Shelton Banjamin and Charlie Haas back together. That would give the WWE somewhat of a decent tag team division.

Spirit Squad (c) - Hardy Boys - MNM - Cade & Murdoch - Cryme Tyme - Benjamin and Haas - The Highlanders, Maybe even throw DX in there, I dunno, at least they would be actual tag teams.

Roger Lodge
10-04-2006, 05:33 PM
It is obvious RAW is developing a tag team division for the first time in years, but talent is so thin right now I don't see Cena losing the title anytime soon which is pathetic. I guess everything will come together on RAW this week, things are going to get mixed up.

bigrick0016
10-04-2006, 05:40 PM
John Cena is an assclown. DX sucks. In fact, most of WWE sucks now.

Roger Lodge
10-04-2006, 05:56 PM
John Cena is an assclown. DX sucks. In fact, most of WWE sucks now.
Agreed

WMD
10-09-2006, 09:57 PM
http://www.gerweck.net/1angle.jpg

bigrick0016
10-09-2006, 10:14 PM
Seeing Ted DiBiase made my night infinetly better

Creek
10-09-2006, 10:19 PM

OH MY FREAKING GOD!

Windy
10-09-2006, 10:21 PM
Back in 86' I wrestled a midget named Wrench.

diabsoule
10-09-2006, 10:29 PM
If Joe wrestles Kurt Angle that's going to be an awesome match.

bigrick0016
10-09-2006, 11:39 PM
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/2582/teddibiase9yr.jpg

MY GAWD!! IT'S THE MILLION DOLLAR MAN!!

(Best heel ever)

comahan
10-10-2006, 12:09 AM
Joe and Angle.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

Dibiase, IRS, Arn Anderson.. that was pretty cool too. Everybody's got a price.

comahan
10-10-2006, 12:36 AM
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/7/7d/Arn_Anderson_4.jpg

Nitschke-Hawk
10-10-2006, 10:57 AM

I always thought he looked like he was throwing up a gang sign. Couldn't believe I saw IRS.

bearsfan_51
10-10-2006, 11:00 AM

(Best heel ever)
The best moment in the history of life was when he told a kid he would give him 100 bucks if he dribbled a ball 100 times and then on the 100th try he knocked the ball away.

Priceless.

T-RICH49
10-10-2006, 02:00 PM

OH MY FREAKING GOD!

My thoughts exactly

Brodeur
10-10-2006, 03:09 PM

OH MY FREAKING GOD!

HOORAH.

comahan
10-10-2006, 03:28 PM

OH MY FREAKING GOD!

HOORAH.

I hope they don't start that feud right away. It would be better if they were to build on it.

T-RICH49
10-11-2006, 08:58 AM

The Horsemen were the greatest faction of all time IMHO

Greg Behrendt
10-11-2006, 01:57 PM
I cant even believe Angle is wrestling again. He is in such horrible shape. Last I heard from one of my buddies friends who is obsessed with wrestling Angle couldnt even take out the garbage.

eazyb81
10-11-2006, 05:46 PM
I cant even believe Angle is wrestling again. He is in such horrible shape. Last I heard from one of my buddies friends who is obsessed with wrestling Angle couldnt even take out the garbage.

No offense, but your friend is an idiot.

eazyb81
10-11-2006, 05:50 PM
This guy is hardcore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ2aX-Lgh6M

I'm sure most wrestling fans have seen this, but it's so hilarious it needs to be posted over and over and over again.

Greg Behrendt
10-11-2006, 05:52 PM

Friend of a friend. But the guy is 26 and has absolutley no life. All he cares about is wrestling so I trust his insite. Either way although I love Angle he is Damaged goods.

eazyb81
10-11-2006, 05:52 PM

(Best heel ever)

Money Inc = Best Heel Tag Team

Splat
10-11-2006, 05:54 PM
Angle should not be in the ring his neck is trashed I'am a big fan of his but he should take some time off but it is like a drug and he is hooked!

eazyb81
10-11-2006, 05:55 PM

Friend of a friend. But the guy is 26 and has absolutley no life. All he cares about is wrestling so I trust his insite. Either way although I love Angle he is Damaged goods.

How is he damaged goods? He was in the co-main event at the last Wrestlemania. The reports of him being washed-up are highly exaggerated.

Greg Behrendt
10-11-2006, 05:58 PM

How is he damaged goods? He was in the co-main event at the last Wrestlemania. The reports of him being washed-up are highly exaggerated.
Angle is my favorite wrestler and probally the best today so I am not saying he is washed up. From what I have heard his body is totally F'ed up.

WMD
10-11-2006, 06:12 PM
Angle needed time off to heal. He kept wanting to come back, doing whatever he could. He had/does have a Painkiller problem. WWE fired him because of this. They didn't want him to A) Die and B) Die under their watch.. Rather than take time off to heal his body, he went and signed with TNA..

comahan
10-11-2006, 06:18 PM
Angle needed time off to heal. He kept wanting to come back, doing whatever he could. He had/does have a Painkiller problem. WWE fired him because of this. They didn't want him to A) Die and B) Die under their watch.. Rather than take time off to heal his body, he went and signed with TNA..

Yea.

But hes also had almost two months out of the ring, and isnt scheduled to actually wrestle in TNA for at least another 2 weeks, probably more around another month or so.

T-RICH49
10-12-2006, 12:08 PM

Yea.

But hes also had almost two months out of the ring, and isnt scheduled to actually wrestle in TNA for at least another 2 weeks, probably more around another month or so.

November or December is what I heard so yeah you're right

Nitschke-Hawk
10-12-2006, 12:50 PM
I would bet that the thing about WWE firing him is true, and he was really interested in the pure wrestling that TNA provides, now he hasn't been in the ring wrestling for like 2 months like someone said and won't wrestle for a bit, so he probably is resting his body and trying to beat the addiction he supposedly has, yet deciding to make the move to TNA.

Titans_Dynasty85
10-12-2006, 04:09 PM
Will Kane be going to Smackdown now that he is off Raw? I would personally love to see that and then in the near future have Kane and Undertaker join forces and become the most dominant force ever.

comahan
10-12-2006, 05:28 PM
Will Kane be going to Smackdown now that he is off Raw? I would personally love to see that and then in the near future have Kane and Undertaker join forces and become the most dominant force ever.

I believe hes taking a few months off, at least. Not positive on that though.

EDIT: I was wrong, he was on smackdown.

Greg Behrendt
10-12-2006, 08:40 PM
Kane sucks. Ever since the mask has been removed I cant stand him. He is no different from Lance Kade,Trevor Murdoch, Snitchky, or any other tall white wrestler and he is awful on the mic.

Brodeur
10-16-2006, 09:10 PM
That was the worst segment of all time.

comahan
10-16-2006, 09:15 PM

Which one.

Brodeur
10-16-2006, 09:18 PM

Which one.

I think you know.

moc182
10-17-2006, 01:03 AM
Holy crap is K-Fed a wrestler now? If so this is the greatest occurence of my lifetime, and it will immidately draw me back to the wrestling world. Does he enter to Popo Zao? Whats his finishing move? WMD I need answers!!!

WMD
10-17-2006, 01:12 AM
Ha, no, he isn't wrestling.. Just a one time appearance as far as I know :lol:

He did cut a fine heel promo though.

And I hope the WWE wasn't shocked at what Steve O and Pontius did. Considering that the show was taped last night, they could've atleast edited out the part of Steve O laughing after Umaga splashed him from the top rope.. and i've got to imagine Umaga beat up Steve O more than they showed on TV.

comahan
10-17-2006, 01:32 AM
Ha, no, he isn't wrestling.. Just a one time appearance as far as I know :lol:

He did cut a fine heel promo though.

And I hope the WWE wasn't shocked at what Steve O and Pontius did. Considering that the show was taped last night, they could've atleast edited out the part of Steve O laughing after Umaga splashed him from the top rope.. and i've got to imagine Umaga beat up Steve O more than they showed on TV.

Pontius was fine, he took it and layed on the ground. Steve O no sold Umaga's stuff.

Greg Behrendt
10-17-2006, 02:19 PM
I dont think I have ever laughed so hard while watching Raw. The Federline thing was hilarious. Nitro actully was good on the mic with his "Oh snap" calls etc. The best part was Nitro and Melinas inability to keep a straight face while looking a Federline. Also, being a huge CkY, Party Boys, Jackass fan the Pontius/Steve-O thing was great. Steve-o pumping up the crowd and doing a back flip was the greatest thing ever.

comahan
10-17-2006, 09:21 PM
I love the fact that they're really pushing CM Punk.

Nerv
10-17-2006, 09:27 PM
I love the fact that they're really pushing CM Punk.

push him right out the door :D

T-RICH49
10-17-2006, 09:30 PM
I thought Cryme Tyme was pretty good as well.Here's hoping the end of the SS has come upon us