PDA

View Full Version : Mixed Drinks

Byrd430
06-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Pretty soon I'm gonna be getting a bar in my place, and I want to stock it up with alcohol.

I wanna know, what are some of your favorite drinks and what's the recipe?

FatJJ44
06-10-2008, 10:38 PM
i like it simple. captain morgan and coke

Yung Money
06-10-2008, 10:40 PM
Malibu Rum and coke.

MetSox17
06-10-2008, 10:41 PM
I like to sip Johnnie Walker (black) with a little bit of mineral water and some ice. If i'm too sober, ill throw in a tiny little splash of coke.

neko4
06-10-2008, 10:43 PM
Screaming Viking:
Vodka
Dry Vermouth
lime juice
celeray stalk
spear cucumber (bruised or unbruised)

regoob2
06-10-2008, 10:44 PM
A liter of SoCo and water...........................what?

TheGreatEscape
06-10-2008, 10:44 PM
Best Margarita's Lemon, gran marneur, a good tequila, a little sugar, mixed and then a shot of mezcal on top.

with gin tonic add a little lemon and a little sugar to offset the lemon to distract from the taste of the gin if you don't have great gin.

those are vague instructions on drinks I make regularly, I'll put a great recipe for Zombies after this weekend cause I've gotta go home to get my book.

fischbowl
06-10-2008, 10:54 PM
SoCo and Lime. Together with some cloves make a fine evening for myself

;) BOE

CJSchneider
06-10-2008, 10:56 PM
Jack and Coke --- simple yet effective

Yung Money
06-10-2008, 10:58 PM
Big fan of the best named drink out there Sex On The Beach.

Scotty D
06-10-2008, 11:04 PM
goldschlager and cherry coke = christmas in a cup. was way more funny while we were drunk.

NIN1984
06-10-2008, 11:04 PM
Dark and Stormy... Gosling's black seal rum on ice than add ginger ale.

P01ntb1ank
06-10-2008, 11:06 PM
7 and 7 is pretty good.. seagrams whiskey and sprite/ginger ale

BeerBaron
06-10-2008, 11:09 PM
take some cranberry juice, vodka (cheap vladdy works), and some frozen orange/pineapple concentrate.

pour about twice as much cranberry juice as vodka into a cake pan with the concentrate.

then put it in the freezer overnight. you get the most perfect slush in the entire world when your done and you can get hammered real quick on it.

i also sometimes melt it into a glass of OJ

tEk
06-10-2008, 11:12 PM
jager bomb

pour you energy drink of choice in a regular glass/cup. pour a shot of jager in a shot glass. drop the shot glass in the cup. pound the shot.

gets you pretty ****** up, yet keeps you up all night to drink. =D

Brothgar
06-10-2008, 11:13 PM
I've tried a lot (being a bartender I try to stay as versed as possible)

My #1 fav drink is the Vampire

- 1 shot Vodka (doesn't have to be anything special you won't taste the difference between grey goose and nicholi)
- 2/3 shot of chambord (Raz Mataz or any raspberry cordial [Not Raspberry Vodka])
- balance with cranberry

Winter time drink that will really wow em
The Hot Apple Pie
-1/2 shot goldshloger
-1/2 shot bailies (layered)
-topper (~=1/8 oz) bacardi 151

1) pour goldshoger in shot glass.
2) Take a spoon and pour the bailies over the spoon (should create a separating effect)
3) pour 151 over same spoon
4) Light it on fire
5) Quench (invert a glass over it or a plate (glass)
6) enjoy.

I'll post some sex specific drinks some for the bros and some for the hoes later.

BeerBaron
06-10-2008, 11:15 PM
I've tried a lot (being a bartender I try to stay as versed as possible)

My #1 fav drink is the Vampire

- 1 shot Vodka (doesn't have to be anything special you won't taste the difference between grey goose and nicholi)
- 2/3 shot of chambord (Raz Mataz or any raspberry cordial [Not Raspberry Vodka])
- balance with cranberry

Winter time drink that will really wow em
The Hot Apple Pie
-1/2 shot goldshloger
-1/2 shot bailies (layered)
-topper (~=1/8 oz) bacardi 151

1) pour goldshoger in shot glass.
2) Take a spoon and pour the bailies over the spoon (should create a separating effect)
3) pour 151 over same spoon
4) Light it on fire
5) Quench (invert a glass over it or a plate (glass)
6) enjoy.

I'll post some sex specific drinks some for the bros and some for the hoes later.

did you have to do anything special to become a bartender?

cause thats always something I thought would be interesting to at least learn about, like all the different drink combinations and things.

M.O.T.H.
06-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Screaming Viking:
Vodka
Dry Vermouth
lime juice
celeray stalk
spear cucumber (bruised or unbruised)

Arent you like 15-16?

BeerBaron
06-10-2008, 11:20 PM
Arent you like 15-16?

i'd be more concerned if he were like 12....15-16 is the time a lot of us started to get into.....things, lol

Brothgar
06-10-2008, 11:28 PM

cause thats always something I thought would be interesting to at least learn about, like all the different drink combinations and things.

Well I went to school to become one but you really don't have to. It just takes longer. IE you have to be a bar back till they let you move up.

iworshipbender
06-10-2008, 11:28 PM
I'll have a Caucasian, Gary.

BeerBaron
06-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Well I went to school to become one but you really don't have to. It just takes longer. IE you have to be a bar back till they let you move up.

ah. that would be....amazing if my school offered something like that. i dont foresee it happening though, lol

TheGreatEscape
06-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Love white russians, been digging long island ice teas lately, most booze you can get in a single drink at most bars.

neko4
06-10-2008, 11:31 PM
Arent you like 15-16?

Its a joke. i guess nobody ever watched cheers

You never drank in High school though? i dont, but most of my friends do

Caddy
06-10-2008, 11:31 PM

I can't speak specifically for how the American alcohol service industry works, but in Australia all you really need to become a bartender is your RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol) certificate which takes about 6-8 hours to achieve.

Once you have that you can technically become a bartender although you can also do some courses which vary in length with the shortest going over about two days.

BeerBaron
06-10-2008, 11:34 PM

thats where i earned my nickname there bud.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=BeerBaron

and yeah caddy, Australia rules. they have this going on:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/BeerBaron/676692119_l.gif

I kind of wish you and canada were attatched to us (and both within driving range) instead of mexico.....lousy mexico

M.O.T.H.
06-10-2008, 11:36 PM

Nope, never watched Cheers.

and no...was I at the parties? Yes but, instead of drinking I was making sure my dumb friends actually found their way home. ha. Never really been interested in drinking. Even at 20 today...but, I def. wasnt going to miss any of these parties, gotta atleast get out there and socialize a little after football games. haha.

tEk
06-10-2008, 11:38 PM

and no...was I at the parties? Yes but, instead of drinking I was making sure my dumb friends actually found their way home. ha. Never really been interested in drinking. Even at 20 today...but, I def. wasnt going to miss any of these parties, gotta atleast get out there and socialize a little. haha.
i'm really curious to why you don't indulge in any alcohol. most kids in high school love to get drunk and even at 20 id assume you would have a slight liking for it.

TheGreatEscape
06-10-2008, 11:38 PM

and no...was I at the parties? Yes but, instead of drinking I was making sure my dumb friends actually found their way home. ha. Never really been interested in drinking. Even at 20 today...but, I def. wasnt going to miss any of these parties, gotta atleast get out there and socialize a little after football games. haha.

:eek: .....................

neko4
06-10-2008, 11:43 PM

and no...was I at the parties? Yes but, instead of drinking I was making sure my dumb friends actually found their way home. ha. Never really been interested in drinking. Even at 20 today...but, I def. wasnt going to miss any of these parties, gotta atleast get out there and socialize a little. haha.

We have the same job i guess. i drink a little, not a lot

Also on cheers, ted danson left the show, came back and there was another bartender who claimed to know every drink. so he made one up called a screaming viking using the ingrediets above. everyone at the bar pretended to like it so the smartass bartender thought it was a legit drink,

kwilk103
06-10-2008, 11:52 PM

theres schools you can go to

theres one in pittsburgh, its 4 hrs a dy, 5 dys a week, for a month

just google "bartending schools in...."

im considering doin it over winter break

M.O.T.H.
06-10-2008, 11:52 PM
lol...It's so shocking to people. A couple things factored in, I guess...

1. My parents and family were big drinkers...I absolutely hated the way they acted when they drank, still do. I cant stand how people act when they're drinking and i never wanted to be that person.

2. I was a major health nut throughout high school. Strict diets and working out around the clock. Not only did I have better things to do, I just wasnt interested.

3. I have always found it to be completely pointless in just about every way.

That pretty much sums it up. I know there are a couple others around my age on here who are in the same boat. I just cant recall who they are at the moment...but, they're out there. ha.

When it comes to things like this...my friends actually think of me as more of a parental figure which is kind of weird...but, I can see where they are coming from.

tEk
06-11-2008, 12:02 AM

1. My parents and family were big drinkers...I absolutely hated the way they acted when they drank, still do. I cant stand how people act when they're drinking and i never wanted to be that person.

2. I was a major health nut throughout high school. Strict diets and working out around the clock. Not only did I have better things to do, I just wasnt interested.

That pretty much sums it up. I know there are a couple others around my age on here who are in the same boat. I just cant recall who they are at the moment...but, they're out there. ha.

When it comes to things like this...my friends actually think of me as more of a parental figure which is kind of weird...but, I can see where they are coming from.
its all good, different strokes for different folks.

TheGreatEscape
06-11-2008, 12:02 AM

Like I hear that seeing as I don't drink nearly as much as I used to back freshman year of high school. I no longer like getting really out of control whereas I used to love just getting hammered and having fun trying to hold on. Now I don't get really drunk a lot, I have I high tolerance so I still drink regularly as a social thing, I just don't get plowed anymore.

Caddy
06-11-2008, 12:05 AM
I kind of wish you and canada were attatched to us (and both within driving range) instead of mexico.....lousy mexico

Why thank-you Beer Baron. I actually wouldn't mind Australia being linked with America. Then we could all kick your *** at football. :)

tEk
06-11-2008, 12:17 AM
Why thank-you Beer Baron. I actually wouldn't mind Australia being linked with America. Then we could all kick your *** at football. :)hardly, ya wanker!

rukster
06-11-2008, 12:18 AM
Screw mixed drinks. They are for the soft. Stick to beer or straight liquor.

Caddy
06-11-2008, 12:26 AM
hardly, ya wanker!

Haha. At the moment we have zero chance. If we had the same historical relationship with the sport including coaching and specific training facilities.

At the moment, the only thing which is a possible reality is Australia taking over the NFL via infiltrating its punting ranks.

M.O.T.H.
06-11-2008, 12:28 AM
Haha. At the moment we have zero chance. If we had the same historical relationship with the sport including coaching and specific training facilities.

At the moment, the only thing which is a possible reality is Australia taking over the NFL via infiltrating its punting ranks.

MAT MCBRIAR!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f149/brickman08865/Mat.jpg

Caddy
06-11-2008, 12:31 AM
MAT MCBRIAR!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f149/brickman08865/Mat.jpg?t=1213162089

MOTH SHhhh. Infiltrating the Cowboys is extremely important to our cause.

JF4
06-11-2008, 12:41 AM
Captain Morgan's and Coke.

It just tastes so gooood.

Definately some Grey Goose too.

Brothgar
06-11-2008, 12:53 AM
Mans drinks

#1 The Long Island Iced Tea
-1/2 shot of all of the following
+ Vodka
+ Rum
+ Tripple Sec
+ tequilla
+ gin

balance with equal parts of
+OJ
+Sour Mix
+Coke

#2 Tequilla Sunrise
1 shot tequilla
OJ
topper of grenedine (or cherry juice)

#3 Irish Car Bomb

In the beer glass
- 2/3 glass of Guiness Stout

In the Shot Glass
- 1/2 shot balies
- 1/2 shot Jamison Irish Whisky

Step 1: Drop Shot into beer
Step 2: Chug
If you don't chug the balies will curdle.

This is a good start I'll have more tomm night for I have work in about 6 hours.

awfullyquiet
06-11-2008, 01:24 AM
bourbon.
straight.
don't mess with it. ************.

i realized if you add an s to this curse word, it doesn't get bleeped out.

YAYareaRB
06-11-2008, 01:29 AM
Grey Goose and Apple Juice.. THE APPLE GOOSE! It's smooth and it's the only mixed drink I'll take. I like STRAIGHT.

MetSox17
06-11-2008, 01:31 AM
bourbon.
straight.
don't mess with it. ************.

i realized if you add an s to this curse word, it doesn't get bleeped out.

What brand of Bourbon do you buy?

kwilk103
06-11-2008, 01:41 AM
http://www.ianchadwick.com/forum/uploads/1178335972/gallery_1485_72_251959.jpg

awfullyquiet
06-11-2008, 01:42 AM
What brand of Bourbon do you buy?

Standard: Makers, especially if i'm just 'drinking'

Lately i've been about pappy van winkle 15 year from buffalo trace... god-awfully amazing. Some bullitt too.

awfullyquiet
06-11-2008, 01:43 AM
Grey Goose and Apple Juice.. THE APPLE GOOSE! It's smooth and it's the only mixed drink I'll take. I like STRAIGHT.

That doesn't make sense.
To take a drink straight is to not add anything to it. Adding juice to it would not make it 'straight'

Watchman
06-11-2008, 01:45 AM
Mans drinks

#1 The Long Island Iced Tea
-1/2 shot of all of the following
+ Vodka
+ Rum
+ Tripple Sec
+ tequilla
+ gin

balance with equal parts of
+OJ
+Sour Mix
+Coke

#2 Tequilla Sunrise
1 shot tequilla
OJ
topper of grenedine (or cherry juice)

#3 Irish Car Bomb

In the beer glass
- 2/3 glass of Guiness Stout

In the Shot Glass
- 1/2 shot balies
- 1/2 shot Jamison Irish Whisky

Step 1: Drop Shot into beer
Step 2: Chug
If you don't chug the balies will curdle.

This is a good start I'll have more tomm night for I have work in about 6 hours.

A man's drink never includes Bailey's or grenadine.

In your description above you have the shot glass and you have the Jameson. You don't need anything else.

Get the 12 or 18 year old bottle of Jameson if you can. Spendy, but worth it. If you really want to go crazy pick up a bottle of Middleton's Very Rare - very spendy, but worth it.

MetSox17
06-11-2008, 01:50 AM
Standard: Makers, especially if i'm just 'drinking'

Lately i've been about pappy van winkle 15 year from buffalo trace... god-awfully amazing. Some bullitt too.

Hear it's pretty good, never tried it.

The only whiskey i like taking alone is Green label and up, from J.W.

Everything else i need at least some mineral water.

TheGreatEscape
06-11-2008, 01:52 AM
Now if I'm trying to get really drunk we approach this differently, tape a bottle evan to one hand and a bottle of appleton to the other.

Brothgar
06-11-2008, 07:28 AM
A man's drink never includes Bailey's or grenadine.

In your description above you have the shot glass and you have the Jameson. You don't need anything else.

Get the 12 or 18 year old bottle of Jameson if you can. Spendy, but worth it. If you really want to go crazy pick up a bottle of Middleton's Very Rare - very spendy, but worth it.

Oh I'd beg to differ. I've never seen a woman buy any of the aforementioned drinks.

cdub11
06-11-2008, 08:37 AM
Vegas Bomb

3/4 shot Crown Royal
1/2 shot Peach Schnapps
1/4 Shot Coconut Rum
1 splash Cranberry Juice
1/2 can Red Bull

Brent
06-11-2008, 10:50 AM
I don't know if anyone said it yet but Guiness and Bailey's is disgusting.

I recommend any style of Absolut, Jägermeister, and of course some Gin & tonic.

terribletowel39
06-11-2008, 11:01 AM
SoCo and Lemonade, Cranberry and Vodka, and Long Islands even though the way broth had it was weird. I've never been to a place that adds tequila to there Long Islands. And its lemonade with a splash of coke. Thats how long islands are made in the South. And I have a Long Island at every alcohol serving place I go to, like someone has already said, its the most liquor you can get in a cup for the least amount of money.

YAYareaRB
06-11-2008, 11:20 AM
That doesn't make sense.
To take a drink straight is to not add anything to it. Adding juice to it would not make it 'straight'

I meant thats the only mixed drink I'll drink.. I usually drink bottles straight.

cdub11
06-11-2008, 12:20 PM
these shots will **** you up

PITBULL ON CRACK

1 part jose cuervo gold
1 part jagermeister
1 part jim beam
1 part bicardi 151

Staubach12
06-11-2008, 12:20 PM

I'm 17 and I get wasted drunk all the time.

Staubach12
06-11-2008, 12:25 PM
jager bomb

pour you energy drink of choice in a regular glass/cup. pour a shot of jager in a shot glass. drop the shot glass in the cup. pound the shot.

gets you pretty ****** up, yet keeps you up all night to drink. =D

Jager bomb's are so awesome.

Also, on the subject of energy drinks, has anyone had Sparks? It's an alcoholic energy drink. It's so good.

awfullyquiet
06-11-2008, 12:34 PM

soooooo cool!

terribletowel39
06-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Do you consider this a good or a bad thing??

kwilk103
06-11-2008, 02:15 PM

hahahahahahahahaha

how many beers does it take? like 2-3 max?

hahahahaha

j/k

TheGreatEscape
06-11-2008, 02:16 PM
I don't know if anyone said it yet but Guiness and Bailey's is disgusting.

I recommend any style of Absolut, Jägermeister, and of course some Gin & tonic.

Absolut? Are you serious? I think it's so over-rated, taste pretty nasty even for vodka.

TheGreatEscape
06-11-2008, 02:17 PM
Jager bomb's are so awesome.

Also, on the subject of energy drinks, has anyone had Sparks? It's an alcoholic energy drink. It's so good.

sparks? tell me you drink those smirnoff mixers also.

MetSox17
06-11-2008, 02:46 PM
Everyone should do some research on Energy drinks and alcohol to see if they suit you. You can end up having some minor little complications like heart failure if your body can't take it.

Brent
06-11-2008, 04:35 PM
has anyone had Sparks? It's an alcoholic energy drink. It's so good.
liquid sweet tarts

TitleTown088
06-11-2008, 04:50 PM
Bombay and tonic

Jim Beam and water

Anything mixed with pop/energy drinks is garbage is far as I'm concerned, gives me gut rot and takes away from the flavor too much.

yourfavestoner
06-11-2008, 04:53 PM
Dummy Juice
Squirt + Tequila. Ya hurr me?

terribletowel39
06-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Yall really add water to yalls liquor?? Thats really odd. Seems silly to water something down like that. It adds no flavor.

MetSox17
06-11-2008, 06:55 PM
Yall really add water to yalls liquor?? Thats really odd. Seems silly to water something down like that. It adds no flavor.

I go with Club soda/mineral water. It dilutes it a little so it isn't overly strong but you can still taste the liquor.

terribletowel39
06-11-2008, 06:57 PM
I go with Club soda/mineral water. It dilutes it a little so it isn't overly strong but you can still taste the liquor.
You do it just to take the burn away??

Brent
06-11-2008, 07:06 PM
seems pointless.

TheGreatEscape
06-11-2008, 07:07 PM

:eek: I knew there was something wrong with you.

MetSox17
06-11-2008, 07:24 PM
Well no, it's not pointless.

Unless you're gonna drink the liquor straight, whatever you mix it with, if it has a ton of sugar, you'll get a worse hangover. Besides, drinking whiskey with soda's makes it taste like crap. There's only some kinds that i'll drink straight on the rocks, all others i mix it in a little bit of club soda.

06-11-2008, 07:27 PM
All I gotta say is SOFT. jks bro.

TheGreatEscape
06-11-2008, 09:01 PM
Well no, it's not pointless.

Unless you're gonna drink the liquor straight, whatever you mix it with, if it has a ton of sugar, you'll get a worse hangover. Besides, drinking whiskey with soda's makes it taste like crap. There's only some kinds that i'll drink straight on the rocks, all others i mix it in a little bit of club soda.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPXsbClWEb0

PalmerToCJ
06-11-2008, 09:08 PM
Cheapest Vodka and Kool-Aid. Put it in a Powerade bottle and go wherever you wish.

Brent
06-11-2008, 09:10 PM
Cheapest Vodka

Zenof! (10)

TheGreatEscape
06-11-2008, 09:13 PM
Am I the only one on here who carries a flask?

Brent
06-11-2008, 09:19 PM
I have one but I dont carry it every where.

TheGreatEscape
06-11-2008, 09:20 PM
I have one but I dont carry it every where.

I don't carry it everywhere but I do carry it a lot of places

Brent
06-11-2008, 09:25 PM
I don't carry it everywhere but I do carry it a lot of places
I rarely use it. I think the last time I used it was our football game against UT.

MetSox17
06-11-2008, 09:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPXsbClWEb0

Lol, right, someone that talks about drinking margaritas and long island iced teas opening his yap because someone drinks whiskey with mineral water. LOL

saintsfan912
06-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Yea terribletowel, us Southerners drink Long Islands without the tequila. I made one with it before and it tasted like garbage compared to our version.

Absolut, really? Almost as bad as Takka. Ketel 1 or Grey Goose are awesome.

Whiskey always puts me in a pissy mood so I tend to stay away from it.

Can someone tell me what Bourbon tastes like? I have always wanted to try Makers but never wanted to buy a bottle if I wouldn't like it.

Hand Grenades on Bourbon Street will put anyone in the gutter. Not sure if they make them anywhere but on Bourbon. Taste isn't all that great but there is a ton of alcohol in it and it will put your dick in the dirt.

Yager tastes like ******* cough syrup, disgusting. Unless its with Red Bull.

I'm a beer man. Bud Lite, Abita, Shiner, Miller High Life, the list goes on. Miller Lite and Coors tastes like garbage but if that's the only thing there, gotta go with it.

Tequila shots are great but don't be a ***** and use salt and a lime. Drink straight up Patron and be a ******* man.

TheGreatEscape
06-11-2008, 09:52 PM
Lol, right, someone that talks about drinking margaritas and long island iced teas opening his yap because someone drinks whiskey with mineral water. LOL

I'm not diluting my drink, I'm mixing it with other drinks to make taste beverage.

MetSox17
06-11-2008, 10:07 PM
I'm not diluting my drink, I'm mixing it with other drinks to make taste beverage.

LOL, there you go, you're mixing it with other sweet tasting stuff so you don't taste the liquor. That's weak.

All i'm doing is adding mineral water. No sugar, nothing.

Would you like some Mojitos while you're at it, TGE?

TheGreatEscape
06-11-2008, 10:26 PM
LOL, there you go, you're mixing it with other sweet tasting stuff so you don't taste the liquor. That's weak.

All i'm doing is adding mineral water. No sugar, nothing.

Would you like some Mojitos while you're at it, TGE?

Actually I'm mixing it with other liquors that compliment its taste and create an even tastier mixture. My favorite liquor straight up is either Mezcal or Vodka, but If I'm not going to be taking shots and want to sustain a drunk I'm a mix liqours so got something that's just tasty. BTW my margaritas will put you on your ass, i've convert a number of people who mixed drinks but'll let me mix em drinks because I make em strong as hell and tasty.

PalmerToCJ
06-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Zenof! (10)

What proof is it and how much? Haven't seen that around here. There's some Burnett's stuff for $6.25 for a fifth, it's local. Gets me PO'd if you buy a big bottle it costs more than 2 bottles. I'm all about cheap stuff that's high proof. All gets you to the same place.

I swear if you load up a big powerade bottle with vodka and Kool-Aid it's heaven. I'm enjoying that brew right now.

TheGreatEscape
06-11-2008, 11:21 PM
Yager tastes like ******* cough syrup, disgusting. Unless its with Red Bull.

Ice cold jaeger and a swig of monster for a chaser is awesome. Straight I hate the cough medicine taste.

Staubach12
06-11-2008, 11:31 PM
Do you consider this a good or a bad thing??

Good. Underaged drinking is teh baumb.

On the real, though. This age is great. Little if any hangover.

Staubach12
06-11-2008, 11:36 PM

I would love to.

themaninblack
06-12-2008, 12:58 AM
I don't rly do the mixed drink thing either. Usually I just stick with beer but occasionally I'll have some liqour and by that I mean whiskey/bourbon. I have, however, come across a mixed drink that is pretty unusual but tastes good. All it is is Capt Morgan's with Sunkist. It tastes like a Cream Sicle.

And regarding those who think adding water to whiskey is "***", it actually is a good thing to add a splash of lukewarm water to whiskey because it takes away the initial shock of the alcohol and it allows one to enjoy the flavors of that particular whiskey. Not ***** at all.

TheGreatEscape
06-12-2008, 01:01 AM
I don't rly do the mixed drink thing either. Usually I just stick with beer but occasionally I'll have some liqour and by that I mean whiskey/bourbon. I have, however, come across a mixed drink that is pretty unusual but tastes good. All it is is Capt Morgan's with Sunkist. It tastes like a Cream Sicle.

And regarding those who think adding water to whiskey is "***", it actually is a good thing to add a splash of lukewarm water to whiskey because it takes away the initial shock of the alcohol and it allows one to enjoy the flavors of that particular whiskey. Not ***** at all.

I'm sorry maybe my parents just raised me more badass, but you drink to get drunk, unless you're drinking really fine things, but I'm a broke college kid so I can't afford really fine drinks. And really fine drinks you don't need to dilute to drink.

MetSox17
06-12-2008, 01:38 AM
I'm sorry maybe my parents just raised me more badass, but you drink to get drunk, unless you're drinking really fine things, but I'm a broke college kid so I can't afford really fine drinks. And really fine drinks you don't need to dilute to drink.

In essence, by making a mixed drink, you're diluting it, but drinking whiskey with club soda is dilution at its minimal. You're not adding any taste to it, just taking some off the roughness of the whiskey. Like i said, anything better than Black label J.W, and ill drink straight, on the rocks.

TheGreatEscape
06-12-2008, 02:52 AM
In essence, by making a mixed drink, you're diluting it, but drinking whiskey with club soda is dilution at its minimal. You're not adding any taste to it, just taking some off the roughness of the whiskey. Like i said, anything better than Black label J.W, and ill drink straight, on the rocks.

I disagree, a good mixed drink highlights and amplifies the best qualities of a given liquor. You get the smooth sweetness of gran marneur in my margaritas as well as the strong smokiness of our better tequilas magnified when i make a margarita. Thus it's different. Club soda does nothing to the taste but make it watered down and carbonated.

Brent
06-12-2008, 10:06 AM
What proof is it and how much?
I have no idea what the proof is but all I know is that it's 8 bucks for a handle and it comes in a plastic bottle. And when you are broke that's a hell of a deal.

terribletowel39
06-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Only thing I really like to drink straight or shoot is Southern Comfort, for those who have not tried. Yum. I used to be a vodka guy. Effen is good stuff. Now I can't hardly stand taking a shot of vodka. But yea, you want to get jacked, Southern Comfort 100 Proof. Its pure gold.

Brothgar
06-12-2008, 10:53 AM
A lil siomethin for tha LADIES!

The Cosmopolitan-
1 shot Vodka
2/3 shot tripple sec
1/3 shot lime juice (sweetened the real stuff is nasty)
cranberry juice.

Dirty Girl Scout -
1/2 shot crem de cocao (dark if choice)
1/2 shot crem de mint (clear if choice)

Candy Apple Martini (this one is amazing)
- 1.5 shots green apple vodka
- 1/2 shot apple pucker (or any sour apple cordial)
- 1/2 shot butterscotch schnapps
- balance with apple juice.

Banana Popsicle
- 1 shot Banana liqueur (or 99 bananas)
- 1 shot blue curacao (or tripple sec)
- balance with white cranberry juice (or regular cran)

PalmerToCJ
06-12-2008, 12:14 PM
I have no idea what the proof is but all I know is that it's 8 bucks for a handle and it comes in a plastic bottle. And when you are broke that's a hell of a deal.

No kidding. It all takes you to the same place anyways, it's just sometimes it makes the ride their a little rougher and the ride home isn't the best lol.

If there's women involved I'll grab hypnotiq.

Brent
06-12-2008, 12:27 PM
It all takes you to the same place anyways
Yeah, but with Zenof you have to put something with it because it smells like rubbing alcohol and I can only assume that it's what rubbing alcohol tastes like, too.

Brothgar
06-12-2008, 12:35 PM
Bad Vodka is what they make Skittles for!

http://my.break.com/content/view.aspx?ContentID=347087

Brent
06-12-2008, 04:38 PM

Maybe it's just me but that sounds gross. I am sure it tastes all right but as someone who avoids sugary stuff that probably leaves the most disgusting film on your teeth.

CJSchneider
06-12-2008, 04:54 PM

Interesting, I might have to try this.

TitleTown088
06-12-2008, 06:33 PM

That sounds like one hell of a hangover to me.

MetSox17
06-12-2008, 06:41 PM

All that sugar, you're sure to wake up with a sick hangover

Brothgar
06-12-2008, 06:43 PM
All that sugar, you're sure to wake up with a sick hangover

http://www.asia.ru/upload_images/6291/356315_chaser2.jpg

iworshipbender
06-12-2008, 06:46 PM
Who cares if it gives YOU a hangover. That's a chick drink at best, you let chicks drink that ****.

Brothgar
06-12-2008, 06:55 PM
Who cares if it gives YOU a hangover. That's a chick drink at best, you let chicks drink that ****.

Ha ha I love how everything is a chick drink except strait shots Martinis Manhattans and Long Islands oh and beer. I have no idea what constitutes a "Man's Drink". Don't get me wrong I love a good Manhattan or Rob Roy as much as the next guy. My definition of a Man's drink is something that when I sit behind a bar I know with a 99% certaincy that the chick isn't going to purchase that drink. (FYI that means Martinis are not a man's drink)

MetSox17
06-12-2008, 07:13 PM
Ha ha I love how everything is a chick drink except strait shots Martinis Manhattans and Long Islands oh and beer. I have no idea what constitutes a "Man's Drink". Don't get me wrong I love a good Manhattan or Rob Roy as much as the next guy. My definition of a Man's drink is something that when I sit behind a bar I know with a 99% certaincy that the chick isn't going to purchase that drink. (FYI that means Martinis are not a man's drink)

Well a woman could come on to the bar and buy everything and you'd be screwed, right?

I'd define a "Man's drink" as something that isn't consumed mostly by females. Beer and Whiskey seem to be the easiest to look at.

Brent
06-12-2008, 07:24 PM
how is a long island ice tea not a "chick drink"?

tEk
06-12-2008, 07:25 PM
I have no idea what the proof is but all I know is that it's 8 bucks for a handle and it comes in a plastic bottle. And when you are broke that's a hell of a deal.we got that out here in cali, the names different though, "popov". gets you drunk and tastes like diesel fuel. what a combination.

to "the not so great escape"

mixed drinks are good, but adding a splash of club soda to a liquor is way different then mixing in sprite or cool aid or w/e the **** you kids do these days. there is a reason its not cheap, it tastes a hell of a lot better than rubbing alcohol(cuervo, smirnoff, or w/e cheap **** you have) it brings out the flavor more, divulging your attention from the potency of the alochol and indulging your senses with the wonderful flavor of say johnny walker, or belvedere, or even don julio. of love me some belvedere vodka mmm, shots, mixed w/e.

TheGreatEscape
06-12-2008, 08:03 PM
mixed drinks are good, but adding a splash of club soda to a liquor is way different then mixing in sprite or cool aid or w/e the **** you kids do these days. there is a reason its not cheap, it tastes a hell of a lot better than rubbing alcohol(cuervo, smirnoff, or w/e cheap **** you have) it brings out the flavor more, divulging your attention from the potency of the alochol and indulging your senses with the wonderful flavor of say johnny walker, or belvedere, or even don julio. of love me some belvedere vodka mmm, shots, mixed w/e.

When I drink it's typically, ketel, patron (don julio and cabbo are great but I have some great memories of seeming my buddies get completely f'd by patron) and jaeger at parties. And I'm drinking it by the shot/swig unless it's jaeger in which case I'm chasing with monster. The alcohol doesn't distract from the taste if you're drinking anything good straight IMO, maybe I'm more used to the alcohol taste but I don't have enough trouble with it that it would make me dillute my drink.

Now if I'm going to mix drinks for people who want something to sip on then a make a strong mixed drink, I'm not talking jack and coke, that'll highlight the positives of a liquor's taste.

TheGreatEscape
06-12-2008, 08:08 PM

Bad Vodka is what they made beer for.

Brent
06-12-2008, 09:06 PM
patron
I cant exactly afford a $100 bottle of alcohol.

yourfavestoner
06-12-2008, 09:10 PM

Then man up and steal your alcohol.

Brent
06-12-2008, 09:30 PM
Yeah that's smart...

MetSox17
06-12-2008, 09:51 PM
Patron is no where near 100 bucks. Not even Patron Silver is 100 bucks

Brent
06-12-2008, 09:55 PM
Patron is no where near 100 bucks. Not even Patron Silver is 100 bucks
$100, $50, who cares, it's too much for a college kid. And for as much as you are buying, I need more than that for that much money.

Also, I havent seen any one mention everclear or moonshine.

awfullyquiet
06-12-2008, 10:05 PM

patron's 45. but i think your better off with the shiner.

PalmerToCJ
06-12-2008, 10:06 PM
Lets just say I'm not far from moonshine territory. I know of a batch that was so strong, we put an empty mason jar in front of a dog... When he smelled it he started rolling on the ground and freaking out.

We go down into Central Kentucky and they go to town on that stuff. I race and one night the announcer got so bombed on it he fell off his stool and didn't talk for like 10 minutes lol... He got done at 4 in the morning and he was back at 8 in the morning talking like a champ, I was impressed.

I hate the whole 'man drink' arguments. I'm plenty comfortable with how manly I am, I'm not going to drink something that tastes like garbage to show how manly I am. Hell my best friend used to plow beer all day long but got tired of how nasty it was and started buying wine.

TheGreatEscape
06-12-2008, 10:12 PM
I hate the whole 'man drink' arguments. I'm plenty comfortable with how manly I am, I'm not going to drink something that tastes like garbage to show how manly I am. Hell my best friend used to plow beer all day long but got tired of how nasty it was and started buying wine.

Well that's why you could never go Greek, you lack the awesomeness which comes from the stupidity of being unsure of yourself and needing to make an impression. Wine is a nice drunk, especially if you've been drinking beer and liquor all week and you need to mix things up.

TheGreatEscape
06-12-2008, 10:14 PM

This mofo knows what's good.

kwilk103
06-12-2008, 10:17 PM
theres moonshine where im from, just never found any

Brent
06-12-2008, 10:48 PM
theres moonshine where im from, just never found any
I can tell you how to make some moonshine wine (pretty easy/strong) but I am sure by typing it out I would get in trouble.

kwilk103
06-12-2008, 10:54 PM
I can tell you how to make some moonshine wine (pretty easy/strong) but I am sure by typing it out I would get in trouble.

feel free to pm me8)

kwilk103
06-12-2008, 10:54 PM

feel free to pm me :D

Brent
06-12-2008, 11:24 PM
patron's 45. but i think your better off with the shiner.
I wasn't too sure the price but regardless after enough drinks you can hardly tell the difference.

Byrd430
06-13-2008, 01:32 AM
I like Hennessey and Hypnotiq too, although I've only had it once and it's been about six years ago haha..

Not exactly sure how much of each to mix either.

Byrd430
06-13-2008, 01:34 AM
By the way, we were talking about cheap vodka...

I wanna say it was Aristocrat (I may be wrong) that made a gallon size jug of vodka for about 11 dollars including tax.

Needless to say, I spent many many months drinking many many gallons...

MetSox17
06-13-2008, 01:35 AM
Man, i don't know why it's that much worse to spend an extra 15 bucks and get a bottle of Svedka instead of all that cheap junk. Geez, you get a whole liter extra as well.

Svedka is one of the better Vodkas after Grey Goose

TheGreatEscape
06-13-2008, 01:36 AM
I wasn't too sure the price but regardless after enough drinks you can hardly tell the difference.

I usually don't get to enough at parties. So a nice liquor at a party is just comforting to have in the hand.

Byrd430
06-13-2008, 01:41 AM
Man, i don't know why it's that much worse to spend an extra 15 bucks and get a bottle of Svedka instead of all that cheap junk. Geez, you get a whole liter extra as well.

Svedka is one of the better Vodkas after Grey Goose

For a man with no money, every dollar counts...

yourfavestoner
06-13-2008, 01:43 AM
This mofo knows what's good.

Well, that was back was I was an unemployed high schooler who spent what little money I had on weed and my (now ex)girlfriend. I needed to get drunk on the weekends somehow. Things didn't get much better as a college freshman, either.

Since I've had a job and gotten my trap on, I've paid for about 75% of my alcohol.

But you....teach me good mixed drinks.

Byrd430
06-13-2008, 01:52 AM
Well, that was back was I was an unemployed high schooler who spent what little money I had on weed and my (now ex)girlfriend. I needed to get drunk on the weekends somehow. Things didn't get much better as a college freshman, either.

Since I've had a job and gotten my trap on, I've paid for about 75% of my alcohol.

But you....teach me good mixed drinks.

I was employed and still spent all my money on weed, bills, and the occasional meal (I hustled up on a lot of it). Sneaking beer out the back of the grocery store wasn't a crime, it was a way of life.

yourfavestoner
06-13-2008, 02:03 AM
I was employed and still spent all my money on weed, bills, and the occasional meal (I hustled up on a lot of it). Sneaking beer out the back of the grocery store wasn't a crime, it was a way of life.

I definitely feel you my dude.

Brent
06-13-2008, 07:53 AM
For a man with no money, every dollar counts...
Seriously, I don't think some people here get that. I would love to drop $30 on a bottle of booze but I don't and I can't. Instead I can just get a handle of Zenof and two 2-Liter bottles of Diet Mountain Dew and voila! I am able to get drunk for like 2 days on that (though I usually have to get more to mix it with on the second day) all for under $13 bucks.

Duster
06-13-2008, 10:44 AM
After you get 4 or 5 beers/shots into you, it doesn't even matter what you're drinking. I make enough coin to afford the good stuff but I stick with the cheapest stuff available because there's better stuff to spend money on.

P-L
06-13-2008, 11:39 AM
I pretty much stick with beer, but when I'm drinking liquor I like to break the bank. Goose, Patron, and Gentleman Jack.