View Full Version : Tha Carter 3

Jimmy
06-11-2008, 09:32 PM
Discuss:

My favorites:

1) Mr. Carter- Instant Classic
2) Tie My Hands- Song about Katrina
3) 3 Peat

Song I have to criticise- Someone who I can't remember said this...
the song Shoot Me Down sounds like it's a song proudced by Eminem while trying to withdraw from Pain Killers

StripedWalrus
06-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Im confused on what this thread is about?????? Whats a Tha Carter 3?

BigDawg819
06-11-2008, 09:39 PM
If this is about the Lil Wayne album, to me it was nothing special and not worth the time spent listening to it.

YAYareaRB
06-11-2008, 09:41 PM
Carter 3 is the 3rd album of the Carter Series from Lil Wayne. It's always been pushed back for all kinds of reasons. It's probably the most anticipated out of the three. I think it's cool. I like Mr. Carter and 3 peat. The Album is solid but it wasn't worth all the hype. Just a little something to listen to over the summer.

MetSox17
06-11-2008, 09:41 PM
I got it before it was released..

ATLDirtyBirds
06-11-2008, 09:44 PM
It's a Lil Wayne CD? Yeah, it's probably terrible.

islandboy843
06-11-2008, 09:45 PM
Waste of a thread.

YAYareaRB
06-11-2008, 09:45 PM
Songs he could have had a killer album with went on mixtapes..

1. Sky is the Limit
2. *****, Money, Weed
3. I'm Me

StripedWalrus
06-11-2008, 09:46 PM
I was getting ready to ask what a Little Wayne was...I was a little scared to type it into google...I mean Little Wayne? come on! So I looked it up and I now know what a little wayne is!

YAYareaRB
06-11-2008, 09:46 PM
What's with all the Lil Wayne hate?

islandboy843
06-11-2008, 09:50 PM
No hate but his CD doesn't deserve a thread. He a nice rapper and all but he is not close to the best.

Just talk about it in CD thread we have already.

diabsoule
06-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Can't this go into the music thread?

brat316
06-11-2008, 09:51 PM
I don;t really like him much either though I do like Sky is the Limit.

Ravens1991
06-11-2008, 09:54 PM
I like Got Money w/ Tpain

Hwoarang
06-11-2008, 09:56 PM
It's a Lil Wayne CD? Yeah, it's probably terrible.Seeing as how he's currently the best in the game right now, writing, rapping, performing, idk how you get that?

If you hate rap that's fine but Wayne is a lyrical genius when it comes to the rap game.

ATLDirtyBirds
06-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Seeing as how he's currently the best in the game right now, writing, rapping, performing, idk how you get that?

If you hate rap that's fine but Wayne is a lyrical genius when it comes to the rap game.

Best in the game. Hahaha. You are a funny man indeed. He's a good preformer and can attract the teenage audience. He can't touch a bunch of guys.

Vrooom on the Yamaha
(Chromed out 1100)
What I'm doin' (Gettin' money) What we doin' (Gettin' money)
What they doin', (Hatin on me) but they never cross
Cash Money still the company, and ***** I'm the boss
And I be stuntin' like my daddy, stuntin' like my daddy

Genius lyrics. Amazing really.

Hwoarang
06-11-2008, 10:03 PM
Best in the game. Hahaha. You are a funny man indeed. He's a good preformer and can attract the teenage audience. He can't touch a bunch of guys.

Vrooom on the Yamaha
(Chromed out 1100)
What I'm doin' (Gettin' money) What we doin' (Gettin' money)
What they doin', (Hatin on me) but they never cross
Cash Money still the company, and ***** I'm the boss
And I be stuntin' like my daddy, stuntin' like my daddy

Genius lyrics. Amazing really.
They can't all be winners. Jay-Z's made **** too. Wayne has more good **** than bad I know that.

skinzzfan25
06-11-2008, 10:09 PM
They can't all be winners. Jay-Z's made **** too. Wayne has more good **** than bad I know that.

All of Jay's albums have been good, and some classics (Blueprint(s)).

Wayne does pretty well mixtape wise, I liked both of the Dedications and Drought III recently. But album wise he has been VERY disappointing for the amount of hype he gets.

I only like Mr. Carter and Let the Beat Build in C3.

EDIT: Besides, with all that sizzurp he's been drinking recently you can't even understand what he's saying.

ATLDirtyBirds
06-11-2008, 10:16 PM

I'm not saying Jay-Z. There's underground rappers that Weezy can't even begin to match lyrically.

brat316
06-11-2008, 10:21 PM
All of Jay's albums have been good, and some classics (Blueprint(s)).

Wayne does pretty well mixtape wise, I liked both of the Dedications and Drought III recently. But album wise he has been VERY disappointing for the amount of hype he gets.

I only like Mr. Carter and Let the Beat Build in C3.

EDIT: Besides, with all that sizzurp he's been drinking recently you can't even understand what he's saying.

Thats probably the one of reasons i don't really like him is the mix tapes, come on man drop an album with your own beats and ****. And when he puts one out its like ehhhh okay.

Yeha I only like his stuff when I can understand him or at least make out wat words he is saying. Sometimes i don't think they make sense when he starts putting his lyrics together, but maybe it just comes out like that in the songs.

brat316
06-11-2008, 10:22 PM
I'm not saying Jay-Z. There's underground rappers that Weezy can't even begin to match lyrically.

Alphabetical Slaughter Papoose

Yung Money
06-11-2008, 10:29 PM
Alright first things first guys stop hateing on Weezy the song Mr. Carter the meaning off that song is Jay talking about how he is passing the torch to Weezy as the best rapper in the game right now "I'm right here in my chair/ With my crown and my dear, Queen B/ As I share mic time with my heir, Young Carter/Go farther, go further, go harder/ Is that not why we came?/ And if not, then why bother." I think that seals that Waynes the best right now. And in Regards to the album good album but it was so overhyped that people just had such big expectations but theres some sick tracks on there and I liked the album except for the song Phone Home when I hear it I think WTF.

islandboy843
06-11-2008, 10:42 PM
Lupe Fiasco kills Lil Wayne....Easily

ShutDwn
06-11-2008, 10:43 PM

Lollipop is possibly the worst song ever.

I don't know how you can call someone who just makes rhymes up that don't even make sense. Most of his fans are suburban teenagers who like to listen to him while they "get crunk".

Paul
06-11-2008, 10:44 PM
Yeah a friend of mine brought it over yesterday, and ripped it on to my comp. I still haven't listened to it all the way through yet, but I have to agree Mr. Carter is great.

kwilk103
06-11-2008, 10:44 PM
eminem and dr. dre releasing new albums late 08/early 09

brat316
06-11-2008, 10:45 PM
DId lil Wayne ever graduate from University of Houston in Political Sciences

Paul
06-11-2008, 10:46 PM

I don't know how you can call someone who just makes rhymes up that don't even make sense. Most of his fans are suburban teenagers who like to listen to him while they "get crunk".

I don't think anyone has "gotten crunk" since 2005.

Chucky
06-11-2008, 10:48 PM
Lil Wayne is actually ******* horrible. If you want to listen to an actually good rap/hip-hop album that came out recently, listen to Rising Down by the Roots, or wait for Nas's new album

Paul
06-11-2008, 10:49 PM
eminem and dr. dre releasing new albums late 08/early 09

When the hell is Detox coming out? Whenever it is, it will probably be one of the few CD's I will actually purchase.

ShutDwn
06-11-2008, 10:59 PM
I don't think anyone has "gotten crunk" since 2005.

it is definitely still going on and being called that.

MetSox17
06-11-2008, 11:19 PM
When the hell is Detox coming out? Whenever it is, it will probably be one of the few CD's I will actually purchase.

I've been waiting for the Detox album for about 4 years now

Byrd430
06-11-2008, 11:21 PM
Don't get all the Weezy hataz out there..

You guys hate Lollipop and Stuntin Like My Daddy but these are radio mainstream songs that are meant to make money ONLY.

Weezy got some of the tightest ad libs I ever heard, and that alone is what has made me a fan.

You hate on his mixtapes, but one thing about a good rapper is taking a beat from another artist and make it your own and make it better. Wayne absolutely did that with almost every track on Drought III. He's versatile, he brings money, and he is the greatest rapper in the game right now. He is not only a lyrical genius, putting together some crazy lines, but he's a promotional genius as well. He sells himself, and IMO is the Deion Sanders of the rap game.

Byrd430
06-11-2008, 11:23 PM
By the way, I've been listening to the new Plies album, Young Buck's mixtape Rumors, Shawty Lo's cd, Frayser Boy's cd, and also Da Carter III all at once...so I'm workin on it.

kwilk103
06-12-2008, 12:41 AM
some release dates:

young jeezy----the recession---july 29
t.i.----paper trail---aug 12
eminem---king mathers---winter 08
dr. dre---detox----winter 08/09 (final album)

bantx
06-12-2008, 01:01 AM
seriously no one cares if u hate lil wayne u dont need to come in the thread talkin **** or how bad of a MC he is, its our own opinion, its for those who like wayne so why waste time just to post in here other than building ur post count

anyways yeah from the start i really liked mr. carter i havnt listened to the whole cd yet but im liking it a lot so far

thetedginnshow
06-12-2008, 01:07 AM

Oh thank you. All my friends like Lollipop. Can't stand that song.

tEk
06-12-2008, 01:41 AM
eminem and dr. dre releasing new albums late 08/early 09eminem hasn't put out anything good since the marshal mathers lp. after that - its hit and miss, miss mostly. but his first 3 major albums were some of the best made.

thetedginnshow
06-12-2008, 02:20 AM
Oh. But I like "Let The Beat Build".

ATLDirtyBirds
06-12-2008, 08:33 AM
seriously no one cares if u hate lil wayne u dont need to come in the thread talkin **** or how bad of a MC he is, its our own opinion, its for those who like wayne so why waste time just to post in here other than building ur post count

anyways yeah from the start i really liked mr. carter i havnt listened to the whole cd yet but im liking it a lot so far

If it's our opinions, you are suggesting that we don't say them? Fact is, this guy sucks.

BigJohn98
06-12-2008, 08:40 AM
My fav songs from Tha Carter III:

1. Playing With Fire
2. Tie My Hands
3. Let The Beat Build
4. You Ain't Got Nuthin
5. Mr. Carter

BigJohn98
06-12-2008, 08:41 AM
eminem hasn't put out anything good since the marshal mathers lp. after that - its hit and miss, miss mostly. but his first 3 major albums were some of the best made.

I thought the Eminem Show was good. Of course, it doesn't compare with The Slim Shady LP or the Marhshal Mathers LP. Now Encore flat out sucked.

lordquas
06-12-2008, 09:17 AM
A Millie has the illest beat. But I've heard it too much so its stupid now. Lil Wayne is lame and so is his bootypop style. Lets wait for detox gentlemen. or maybe even Madvillian 2

ATLDirtyBirds
06-12-2008, 09:35 AM
A Millie has the illest beat. But I've heard it too much so its stupid now. Lil Wayne is lame and so is his bootypop style. Lets wait for detox gentlemen. or maybe even Madvillian 2

Madvillian 2 would make my heart sing.

MetSox17
06-12-2008, 02:32 PM

We pop em like Orel Red n Backer.

xooberon
06-12-2008, 04:11 PM
i quite like lil wayne, he's just entertaining, great music for parties and such. but i think it's unfair to compare him to the roots or doom and then say he's ****. the fact is he has a completely different approach with completely different intentions to those artists so the comparison is pretty much irrelevant imo. they're apples and oranges.

Jimmy
06-12-2008, 08:12 PM
this is the carter 3 folks, it isnt just any ordinary cd... i loved it, i give it 8/10

yourfavestoner
06-12-2008, 09:08 PM
Wrote a review of it in the Music Thread.

A lot of the songs contain recycled versus from songs he's done before onvarious mixtapes, and he just put them out on the album.

Check out Don't Try This At Home 4 from DJ Whiteowl. It's got the original version of Dr. Carter. It has a track called Big, Jay, and 2pac, which became the ending of A Mili. Let The Beat Build came from a syrupped-out freestyle he did on the radio that's on The Drought Is Over 5. Ain't Got Nuthin was on New Orleans Nightmare 10 and a couple other mixtapes. Playin With Fire got recycled from World of Fantasy on the Carter 3 leak.

Overall, I'm pretty meh on Tha Carter III. It's good...just not epic like the old Sqad mixtapes or the Dedications. Tha Carters are his money makers, though, so they've gotta be a little more watered down, I guess. We're just gonna just have to wait for I Can't Feel My Face.

Hwoarang
06-12-2008, 09:43 PM
eminem hasn't put out anything good since the marshal mathers lp. after that - its hit and miss, miss mostly. but his first 3 major albums were some of the best made.MMLP in my top 5.

Eagles own the NFC East
06-12-2008, 10:14 PM
Lil Wayne is so overated I don't like tha carter 3 much except for Mr. Carter, but if any those songs are on the radio I will listen, not download or buy them however I like the old Weezy.

Eagles own the NFC East
06-12-2008, 10:21 PM
Also is Nas's album still dropping and when? And I am looking forward to Ice Cube's however I am much more of an old school guy screw new age rap.

Vikes99ej
06-12-2008, 10:23 PM
I've never been that impressed with Lil' Wayne. The sound of his voice just annoys me.

Byrd430
06-13-2008, 12:43 AM
I thought the Eminem Show was good. Of course, it doesn't compare with The Slim Shady LP or the Marhshal Mathers LP. Now Encore flat out sucked.

I actually liked Encore, maybe more so than his other albums, if anything because he got more personal (uh, wrong word...more ____, can't think of the word...like generous? maybe?) with tracks like Yellow Brick Road and Like Toy Soldiers. Plus, I liked Spend Some Time.

Back to the topic though, I just listened to Weezy spend about five minutes talk about his hatred of Al Sharpton. The track itself was okay.

trkaline
06-13-2008, 12:43 AM
Mr.Carter....where have you been? Around the world now I'm back again....whose been asking bout me? Incase yall were wondering...

Byrd430
06-13-2008, 12:44 AM
Also is Nas's album still dropping and when? And I am looking forward to Ice Cube's however I am much more of an old school guy screw new age rap.

Yeah, Nas' self-titled album is expected to drop out July 15.

trkaline
06-13-2008, 12:45 AM
By the way, I've been listening to the new Plies album, Young Buck's mixtape Rumors, Shawty Lo's cd, Frayser Boy's cd, and also Da Carter III all at once...so I'm workin on it.

Boooo Plies....shawty lo ewwww....

Byrd430
06-13-2008, 12:48 AM
Not too big a fan of Shawty Lo, but I'm intrigued with his feud with T.I.

Now, I do like Plies. Word.

yourfavestoner
06-13-2008, 01:08 AM
Not too big a fan of Shawty Lo, but I'm intrigued with his feud with T.I.

Now, I do like Plies. Word.

Speaking of T.I. I can't wait for Paper Trail. One of my favorite rappers, ever.

Jimmy
06-13-2008, 07:50 AM
Mr.Carter....where have you been? Around the world now I'm back again....whose been asking bout me? Incase yall were wondering...

summer hating on me cause im hotter then the sun, spring hatin on me cause i aint never sprung, winter hatin on me because im colder then y'all, and i would never i would never i would never fall

NYGibril28
06-13-2008, 09:48 AM
Lil Wayne just trying to make money. People hatin are jealous. You don't like him, write something better.

trkaline
06-13-2008, 10:29 AM
Have you guys heard Jiggas A Billi?
http://www.defsounds.com/singles/Jay_z_a_billi_cdq
Noone else should do this beat now....

Eagles own the NFC East
06-13-2008, 11:31 AM
Lil Wayne is actually ******* horrible. If you want to listen to an actually good rap/hip-hop album that came out recently, listen to Rising Down by the Roots, or wait for Nas's new album

damn i didnt even know Rising Down came out yet till your post thanks man I am listening to it now and its pretty good.

Eagles own the NFC East
06-13-2008, 11:32 AM
Yeah, Nas' self-titled album is expected to drop out July 15.

nooo im in gona be in europe when it comes out. anyone have any idea when Saigon's album drops?

Duster
06-13-2008, 12:02 PM
nooo im in gona be in europe when it comes out. anyone have any idea when Saigon's album drops?

Don't hold your breath. It keeps getting pushed back. Saigon strikes me as one of those guys who is going to self-destruct and never amount to anything.

litlharsh
06-13-2008, 12:20 PM
Haha ****. I love Saigon but dude is just ******* around at this point. I heard he had the entire JUST BLAZE produced album done just to switch labels you all remember that MySpace drama.

Oh and Wayne sucks listen to some Big L if you want real punch lines.

edit: did that Ghostface Killah and Madlib album ever drop?

trkaline
06-13-2008, 12:33 PM
This shouldn't be a bash Lil Wayne thread, I listened to Lil Wayne 400 degreez until the Carter II then he was everywhere couldn't stand him, but The Carter III is a good album...live up to the hype...no but still pretty darn good...but I do agree that you should listen to Lifestyles Ov The Poor and Dangerous if you want real punch lines...

xooberon
06-13-2008, 12:35 PM
you mean the ghostface-doom album? no release date has been given for that yet, i don't think

litlharsh
06-13-2008, 12:37 PM
you mean the ghostface-doom album? no release date has been given for that yet, i don't think

ha yeah my mistake

JF4
06-13-2008, 04:51 PM
All you people who are hating on Lil Wayne are probably the same people who like Chamillionare or some other bum like Fat Joe.

Your just trying to be a rebel, trying to stand up against all those Weezy nut-riders (which there are way too many of), but can any of you actually say you've listened to all of Weezy's tracks? Or do you just listen to his mainstream hit's and judge that?

Don't get me wrong, i'm no Weezy nut hugger, but I do give respect where respect is due, and Lil Wayne has earned some. Like most rappers, Weezy is definately hit and miss with his songs and it seems alot of his misses are more popular than his hits. But Weezy definately knows how to make a good song and he has showed time and time again on his numerous mixtapes and albums that he can get it done.

So all i'm saying is, instead of not listening to him and bashing him, listen to some of his songs you've never heard of and then make a judgement.

MetSox17
06-13-2008, 04:57 PM
All you people who are hating on Lil Wayne are probably the same people who like Chamillionare or some other bum like Fat Joe.

Your just trying to be a rebel, trying to stand up against all those Weezy nut-riders (which there are way too many of), but can any of you actually say you've listened to all of Weezy's tracks? Or do you just listen to his mainstream hit's and judge that?

Don't get me wrong, i'm no Weezy nut hugger, but I do give respect where respect is due, and Lil Wayne has earned some. Like most rappers, Weezy is definately hit and miss with his songs and it seems alot of his misses are more popular than his hits. But Weezy definately knows how to make a good song and he has showed time and time again on his numerous mixtapes and albums that he can get it done.

So all i'm saying is, instead of not listening to him and bashing him, listen to some of his songs you've never heard of and then make a judgement.

Dude, what's wrong with Chamillionaire? He's got a very nice flow, better than a lot of these other mainstream rappers.

JF4
06-13-2008, 05:03 PM
Dude, what's wrong with Chamillionaire? He's got a very nice flow, better than a lot of these other mainstream rappers.

You're right, he's really not that bad. I just kind of named a rapper of the top of my head who I don't care for. It's just a personal dislike I have for him, I think his style is just like most of the other southern rappers, and I don't enjoy the rap from the south as much as others.

MetSox17
06-13-2008, 05:11 PM
You're right, he's really not that bad. I just kind of named a rapper of the top of my head who I don't care for. It's just a personal dislike I have for him, I think his style is just like most of the other southern rappers, and I don't enjoy the rap from the south as much as others.

I think he would be more successful if he didn't look like a mouse. But i'm a fan of his.. He's not TOO Houston like other rappers. I think he stands out from a lot of the Texas rappers around. He's good in my book. So is Wayne. Although you can't help but look at some of his lyrics and say WTF

Paul
06-13-2008, 05:16 PM
Chamillionaire really doesn't sound like anyone else out of Texas. Though he has been affiliated with Swishahouse, he doesn't have that slow down style.

JF4
06-13-2008, 05:17 PM
Chamillionaire really doesn't sound like anyone else out of Texas. Though he has been affiliated with Swishahouse, he doesn't have that slow down style.

His beats are Texas style.

bantx
06-13-2008, 05:22 PM
do u even listen to chamillionair? name one rapper from texas who raps or sounds like chamilionair

Tha Boss
06-13-2008, 05:24 PM
Les talk about a real rapper, Plies.......

JF4
06-13-2008, 05:26 PM
do u even listen to chamillionair? name one rapper from texas who raps or sounds like chamilionair

Obviously nobody sounds like him because his voice is unique (he sounds constipated).

EDIT: And this may not be the best comparison but I think it ain't bad.

Paul Wall and Chamillionaire. Just throwing it out there.

bantx
06-13-2008, 05:29 PM
His beats are Texas style.

well he is from texas....

Obviously nobody sounds like him because his voice is unique (he sounds constipated).

EDIT: And this may not be the best comparison but I think it ain't bad.

Paul Wall and Chamillionaire. Just throwing it out there.

u gotta be kidding me u obviously dont listen to either of them if u think they sound alike

06-13-2008, 05:30 PM
Les talk about a real rapper, Plies.......

No need to hate bro. btw Weezy > ALL. That is all from me.

Tha Boss
06-13-2008, 05:34 PM
No need to hate bro. btw Weezy > ALL. That is all from me.

No hate, love wayne but plies a florida boy, gotta take the florida boy first.

JF4
06-13-2008, 05:41 PM
well he is from texas....

u gotta be kidding me u obviously dont listen to either of them if u think they sound alike

Thanks for telling me what I do and do not listen to. I obviously have listened to both of them and I think it's a pretty good comparison. Your just trying to disagree with everything I say because you don't like me.

bantx
06-13-2008, 05:50 PM
im not disagreeing with u cause i dont like u, im disagreeing with u cause ur wrong

MetSox17
06-13-2008, 06:01 PM
Yeah, Paul Wall's flow is nothing like Koopas'.

P.W is a lot slower and his rhyme schemes are a lot more basic. Cham can flow off the top of his head and make some sick lyrics.

I don't like the Paul Wall comparison

Byrd430
06-13-2008, 10:35 PM
I, seriously, have love for almost any rapper in the industry today. Number one rule for all rappers these days is...GET MONEY. You can't deny that anybody in the rap game ain't doin this...But still doesn't mean I have to like all of em.

Being from the south, I think some of the southern rap is the funnest music to listen to. Plus, I relate more to the crack tracks and fight anthems because it is where I come from.

I like Chamillionaire, I believe that Ridin is one of the best mainstream tracks to ever come out. I like Houston music, but I do think they overdo it a little bit in the fact that they all do much of the same music. I hate Mike Jones, but I love Slim Thug. Paul Wall is okay, but I love Chamillionaire. Z-Ro deserves his respect too. I wish Slim Thug would do more. His album was okay, but he could've done more. I think he was disappointed with it too. Boss Hogg Outlawz album was good, too. So I'm waiting for Slim Thugger to drop another one.

Byrd430
06-13-2008, 10:36 PM
BTW, WTF is up with Cham's "Don't cuss" policy he had on his last CD?

Yung Money
06-13-2008, 10:46 PM
No hate, love wayne but plies a florida boy, gotta take the florida boy first.

After hurricane katrina Weezy and Birdman now live in Florida but Plies is the actual hometown boy but I feel Flo-Rida is the better Florida rapper his flow is to sick.

Byrd430
06-13-2008, 10:48 PM
After hurricane katrina Weezy and Birdman now live in Florida but Plies is the actual hometown boy but I feel Flo-Rida is the better Florida rapper his flow is to sick.

I like Plies better than Flo-Rida, but STILL tryin to find Flo's CD unedited...

By the way, I love I Run This off Birdman's album..

Yung Money
06-13-2008, 10:53 PM
I like Plies better than Flo-Rida, but STILL tryin to find Flo's CD unedited...

By the way, I love I Run This off Birdman's album..

Sick song but best song off Birdmans album is Make Way.

Byrd430
06-13-2008, 11:07 PM
Sick song but best song off Birdmans album is Make Way.

Liked that song too. Heard 100 Million WAY before it dropped on the CD, and liked that one too. All in all, Birdman's CD was much better than I expected.

adschofield
06-14-2008, 12:05 AM
Lupe>>>>>>Lil Wayne

litlharsh
06-14-2008, 12:33 AM
Cham is heads and shoulders above wayne, from what I've heard, but apparently this isn't enough. What wayne album would you guys recommend, other than the carter II? I listened to that and it was a train wreck.

litlharsh
06-14-2008, 12:36 AM
I, seriously, have love for almost any rapper in the industry today. Number one rule for all rappers these days is...GET MONEY. You can't deny that anybody in the rap game ain't doin this...But still doesn't mean I have to like all of em.

See and that's degrading the art. It's a reality for every rapper, but it's more obvious in some rappers than others (Weezy, Soulja Boy etc.)

Tha Boss
06-14-2008, 01:53 AM

Ya i know i was talkin bout a homegrown floridian. But plies talk real talk and flo rida is more of a club artist.

Byrd430
06-14-2008, 09:45 PM
See and that's degrading the art. It's a reality for every rapper, but it's more obvious in some rappers than others (Weezy, Soulja Boy etc.)

Please...

Do NOT...

I repeat...

DO NOT mention Wayne and Soulja Boy in the same sentence...

Yung Money
06-14-2008, 09:58 PM
Ya i know i was talkin bout a homegrown floridian. But plies talk real talk and flo rida is more of a club artist.

Yeah but Flo has whats in his name his rhymes just Flow so well. Plies is just so dirty with his lyrics that I cant blast it when im in a car but his songs are good for when your with your girl.

trkaline
06-14-2008, 10:07 PM
Souljah Boy should never be mentioned period...

Yung Money
06-14-2008, 10:16 PM
Souljah Boy should never be mentioned period...

Worst rapper in the game right now I shouldnt even call him a rapper he's more of a crapper.

trkaline
06-14-2008, 10:20 PM
Worst rapper in the game right now I shouldnt even call him a rapper he's more of a crapper.

Hard to say with the rest of the ring tone crew out there....Just wish I had one of those MIB make you forget stuff devices so I can wipe all there memories and convince them they have other jobs and stuff and never rapped so HipHop can pick up where it left off say around 2004..nah 96-98 range....

islandboy843
06-14-2008, 10:22 PM
He has nice beats. That is it.

trkaline
06-14-2008, 10:28 PM
He has nice beats. That is it.

Thats all rap is now a days nice beats..then thats it which is how I used to view the South cept for Scarface, Luda, Outkast, UGK, and few others...now all the new rappers have blaze beats and something catchy...not good just catchy...what the hecks with that song laughing at u like ha ha ha annoying....stop it..just stop...

islandboy843
06-14-2008, 10:29 PM
Thats all rap is now a days nice beats..then thats it which is how I used to view the South cept for Scarface, Luda, Outkast, UGK, and few others...

But he makes his own beats.

Yung Money
06-14-2008, 10:29 PM
Hard to say with the rest of the ring tone crew out there....Just wish I had one of those MIB make you forget stuff devices so I can wipe all there memories and convince them they have other jobs and stuff and never rapped so HipHop can pick up where it left off say around 2004..nah 96-98 range....

Lol your speaking the truth man but I rank Soulja Boy the worst by far over any other rapper. Crank that soulja boy was alright when it first came out now I cant stand the song especially the dance I think to myself why wont this thing die and especially the song Yahh Trick Yahh one of the worst songs I have ever heard.

trkaline
06-14-2008, 10:32 PM
i do like yelling out the window Yah Trick Yah, at them hoes....never even heard the song but it catches ppl off guard...

trkaline
06-14-2008, 10:34 PM
I love the sampling Lil Wayne does on this album great job with those songs...I love that Im just a man whose intentions are good....

litlharsh
06-14-2008, 10:47 PM
Please...

Do NOT...

I repeat...

DO NOT mention Wayne and Soulja Boy in the same sentence...

I can see the similarities...Both horrendous rappers who make money with catchy hooks and shameless self promotion (Best rapper alive lol?)

trkaline
06-14-2008, 10:55 PM
I can see the similarities...Both horrendous rappers who make money with catchy hooks and shameless self promotion (Best rapper alive lol?)

Lil Wayne is not a bad rapper, his main problem is how much he puts out if say instead of a hop on everyone in the games track he was an album artist meaning he drops when he drops you hear lil tid bits but the quality is on the album he wouldn't be like this...but now that being said I do get all the Wayne hate...

Yung Money
06-14-2008, 11:06 PM

Weezy a bad rapper are you crazy I understand some of you hate on Weezy but dont ever call him a bad rapper. Weezy is if not the best one of the best rappers in the game today and it shows by every artist wanting weezy to jump on there track and BTW when does Soulja Boy ever catch people with a good hook.

trkaline
06-14-2008, 11:09 PM
Carter I, II, and III are good *** albums, then you listen to stuff like the Dedication II and his stuff of that nature you can not call him legitimately a bad rapper...

litlharsh
06-15-2008, 12:37 AM
Weezy a bad rapper are you crazy I understand some of you hate on Weezy but dont ever call him a bad rapper. Weezy is if not the best one of the best rappers in the game today and it shows by every artist wanting weezy to jump on there track and BTW when does Soulja Boy ever catch people with a good hook.

Give me an album to listen to by Weezy that isn't a complete shitfest like Carter II. Hell even 1 song would be enough at this point.

trkaline
06-15-2008, 01:14 AM
Give me an album to listen to by Weezy that isn't a complete shitfest like Carter II. Hell even 1 song would be enough at this point.

Try every track on Tha Carter III cept Lollipop, Got Money, and that police woman song. Dr.Carter, Mr.Carter, Playing with Fire come on man you couldn't have really listened to this album you have it in your head that he sucks so everythings garbage thats all it is.

adschofield
06-15-2008, 01:50 AM
The Cool>ThE Carter 3

trkaline
06-15-2008, 01:59 AM
The Cool>ThE Carter 3

Well I can't argue with that...That was my main bumpage before this came out...

litlharsh
06-15-2008, 02:04 AM
Try every track on Tha Carter III cept Lollipop, Got Money, and that police woman song. Dr.Carter, Mr.Carter, Playing with Fire come on man you couldn't have really listened to this album you have it in your head that he sucks so everythings garbage thats all it is.

This marks the second time in this thread I've asked for recommendations for him. I'm just giving my honest opinion, and I'm making a concerted effort to listen to tracks you've recommended. I really can't see what else I can do.

edit: and this is after listening to The Carter II, supposedly a good album (from another recommendation) and intensely disliking it. I'm making the effort man, it's really just a matter of taste at this point.

trkaline
06-15-2008, 02:08 AM
Alright thats all I ask...

litlharsh
06-15-2008, 02:12 AM
Of course, it'd be stupidly closed-minded of me to write dude off without giving him a fair shot. I really just don't like his flow and stop-start punchline rhyme structure. You can be a punchline rapper with a good flow, they're not mutually exclusive. <3 Big L

edit: alright I'm checking out Dedication 2. Read a review where it said if you dismiss him after hearing that album, you're pretty much just a hater and won't respect him regardless of what he does. Here's to some good music!

edit2: hopefully

trkaline
06-15-2008, 02:22 AM
Well Big L is kind of a legend so its a whole different kettle of fish there...I was in Job Corps for awhile where all they would bump was Lil Wayne so for awhile I hated him ,but some of his stuff like Dedication 2 brought me back in but yes you do have to pick and choose what to listen to from Weezy hes not a bump all his tracks kind of guy like L was thats just not who he is...

litlharsh
06-15-2008, 02:41 AM
True, that's definitely an unfair comparison, L was one of the finest lyricists ever. I think what hurts Wayne is he's so prolific in putting out tracks that he doesn't have the consistency to make a really solid album. Just too many tracks out there for him.

trkaline
06-15-2008, 02:46 AM
Thats what I said earlier if he was an album artist and you didn't hear him as much he would be viewed much differently...Like if Jay-z hopped on every track you'd be like **** that mother****** done heard everything he had to say....

ChiSox219
06-15-2008, 05:52 AM
The Carter III was pretty average for a rap album, its a shame so much of the original album leaked because if you combine Drought 4 and the Leak you would have a great album.

1. Im Me
2. One Night Only
3. When They Come for Me
4. Burn this city (feat Twista)
5. Something you forgot
6. Gossip
7. Pu$$y, money, weed
8. Kush
9. Love me or hate me
10. Let us pray (feat Juelz Santana)
11. 3 Peat
12. Mr Carter
13. A Milli
14. Good Girl Gone Bad

That wouldve been a classic, it wouldnt have sold because chicks wouldnt really be feeling it, but it wouldve lived up to the hype.

And Lupe>>>>>Lil Wayne. As a matter of fact, i'd put Lupe as second best in the game right now behind Nas, with others like Chamillionaire, Atmosphere, and the Roots being top 10.

Finally there was some talk about Plies and while the dude definitely knows how to pick out a beat, he has almost no variety, its all "im a thug" and "i f--- b!tches"

Yung Money
06-15-2008, 11:17 AM
The Carter III was pretty average for a rap album, its a shame so much of the original album leaked because if you combine Drought 4 and the Leak you would have a great album.

1. Im Me
2. One Night Only
3. When They Come for Me
5. Something you forgot
6. Gossip
7. Pu$$y, money, weed
8. Kush
9. Love me or hate me
11. 3 Peat
12. Mr Carter
13. A Milli
14. Good Girl Gone Bad

That wouldve been a classic, it wouldnt have sold because chicks wouldnt really be feeling it, but it wouldve lived up to the hype.

And Lupe>>>>>Lil Wayne. As a matter of fact, i'd put Lupe as second best in the game right now behind Nas, with others like Chamillionaire, Atmosphere, and the Roots being top 10.

Finally there was some talk about Plies and while the dude definitely knows how to pick out a beat, he has almost no variety, its all "im a thug" and "i f--- b!tches"

Its hard to make an amazing album when everytime you make a song its getting leaked on someones mix tape its a shame because Weezy had some crazy tracks but all them got leaked even Tha Carter III itself got leaked before the album was supose to drop.

Eagles own the NFC East
06-15-2008, 11:29 AM

1. Im Me
2. One Night Only
3. When They Come for Me
5. Something you forgot
6. Gossip
7. Pu$$y, money, weed
8. Kush
9. Love me or hate me
11. 3 Peat
12. Mr Carter
13. A Milli
14. Good Girl Gone Bad

Chamillionaire top 10 are you serious?

I am starting to like Tha Carter 3 more, its a good not great rap album IMO.

ChiSox219
06-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Chamillionaire top 10 are you serious?

I am starting to like Tha Carter 3 more, its a good not great rap album IMO.

Yes im serious. Listen to any of the Mixtape Messiahs and his two albums, especially Ultimate Victory.

I hate people who chamillionaire and automatically dismiss him because of "Ridin" when most who have heard the rest of his stuff recognize.

skinzzfan25
06-15-2008, 01:11 PM
Its hard to make an amazing album when everytime you make a song its getting leaked on someones mix tape its a shame because Weezy had some crazy tracks but all them got leaked even Tha Carter III itself got leaked before the album was supose to drop.

That was all his own damn fault.

“**** you if you a mixtape DJ.”

He came out and blasted all the DJs, then said that he CREATED the mixtape game.

I'm glad they leaked that album so I didn't have to waste my money on his garbage.

http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=21881

sweetness34
06-15-2008, 01:21 PM
Kanye is still one of the tops for me personally, and when he doesn't sell out Jeezy can put some stuff down.

sweetness34
06-15-2008, 01:28 PM
I just think Weezy has smoked himself ******** personally. He's still a pretty good rapper but I think he's overrated, and this latest CD was a big disappointment for all the hype it was getting.

In their primes of more recent rap artists I'd put Kanye, Nas, Lupe, Eminem, and some others over Weezy. When Eminem wasn't making songs like "Shake that A$$" and crap like that (Hallies Song, Sing for the Moment, Lose Yourself, Mockingbird, Till I Collapse, Rabbit Run, Like Toy Soldiers, Stan, Cleanin out my Closet, When I'm Gone, The Way I Am, etc...I don't think many people could touch him). And I hope his new album goes back to the real Eminem, not the guy putting out club stuff.

YAYareaRB
06-15-2008, 01:43 PM
Like I said, Lil Wayne can always make a hit album. But what seperates it from being a classic is the songs he picks and chooses to put on. I am in no way comparing Pac and Wayne but, Lil Wayne (Like Pac) made so many songs that the only real decisions to make were which ones to put on. Like someone else said above, he could make a classic album with some mixtape ****, but I guess making an album requires more thought than just trying to please everyone, you're trying to make money.. which is the only real explanation I can think of for Lollipop.

yourfavestoner
06-15-2008, 01:52 PM
This marks the second time in this thread I've asked for recommendations for him. I'm just giving my honest opinion, and I'm making a concerted effort to listen to tracks you've recommended. I really can't see what else I can do.

edit: and this is after listening to The Carter II, supposedly a good album (from another recommendation) and intensely disliking it. I'm making the effort man, it's really just a matter of taste at this point.

**** Tha Carter II, it's his worst product out there.

Here's some starter material for you.

Drought 3 Disc 1:
http://datpiff.com/Lil-Wayne-Da-Drought-3---Disc-1-mid4313.html

Drought 3 Disc 2:
http://datpiff.com/Lil-Wayne-Da-Drought-3---Disc-2-mid4314.html

Face Off w/Juelz Santana
http://datpiff.com/Lil-Wayne-Juelz-Santana-Face-Off-mid1596.html

Dedication 2:
http://datpiff.com/Lil-Wayne-The-Dedication-2-mid799.html

yourfavestoner
06-15-2008, 01:54 PM
Like I said, Lil Wayne can always make a hit album. But what seperates it from being a classic is the songs he picks and chooses to put on. I am in no way comparing Pac and Wayne but, Lil Wayne (Like Pac) made so many songs that the only real decisions to make were which ones to put on. Like someone else said above, he could make a classic album with some mixtape ****, but I guess making an album requires more thought than just trying to please everyone, you're trying to make money.. which is the only real explanation I can think of for Lollipop.

Exactly. Tha Carters are his money makers.

YAYareaRB
06-15-2008, 01:54 PM
The Drought 3 is the CHIT!!!

yourfavestoner
06-15-2008, 02:01 PM
The Drought 3 is the CHIT!!!

I know dude, it's absolutely amazing. Album of the year IMO.

yourfavestoner
06-15-2008, 02:58 PM
Well Big L is kind of a legend so its a whole different kettle of fish there...I was in Job Corps for awhile where all they would bump was Lil Wayne so for awhile I hated him ,but some of his stuff like Dedication 2 brought me back in but yes you do have to pick and choose what to listen to from Weezy hes not a bump all his tracks kind of guy like L was thats just not who he is...

Well ya, it's gonna be hard to like all of a guy's tracks when he releases 700 in a year.

ccB
06-15-2008, 03:09 PM
The drought 3 is my favorite mixtape hes put out for sure, I like his rendition of "seat down low":

I come from the hardest city ain't nobody
****** wit it got a black and gold sole and a fresh new
Orleans fitted , a colared polo and a pair of bally
Bucks young money ********** know ya worried
Bout us cash money ********** see im all I trust
Neva had my jaw broken but his jaw i bust and i
Probly got ya girlfriend on my bus wat happened
On my bus stays on my bus and that white widdow
Weed out the jar is a must if u gimme a cigar than
A cigar i bust put that white widdow weed in the
Cigar and puff look ma im tryin to make a porno
Starrin us well not just us a couple foreign *****

HOT FIRE!

And I was always partial to this portion of "Sky is the limit"

They tell me don't get high, and I should try to make a living,
I tell them I'm a hustler and I'd rather make a killing
My eyes is so wide as he watching the skillet,
I let my ***** bag it, if she steal it, I'm gonna kill her,
I bulletproof the ride, now I feel like armadillas,
And **** you, hospital, young money, we're the illest,
And I ain't gotta lie when I tell you I'm the illest,
My flow is nasty, like C Y Phyllis,
Self made G, and them bitches know the business.
Relying on rap, but in the kitchen I'm a chemist,
And when I was 5, my favorite movie was "The Gremlins"
Ain't got **** to do with this, but I just thought that I should mention,
You looking for divine and a little intervention,
And them birds don't fly, without my permission,
I'm probably in the sky, flying with the fishes,
Or maybe in the ocean, swimming with the pigeons,
See my world is different,
Like Dwayne Wayne,
And if you want trouble, *****, I want the same thing,

Yung Money
06-15-2008, 07:56 PM
That was all his own damn fault.

**** you if you a mixtape DJ.

He came out and blasted all the DJs, then said that he CREATED the mixtape game.

I'm glad they leaked that album so I didn't have to waste my money on his garbage.

http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=21881

Weezy might of not created the mixtape game but you cant deny that he is the mixtape god right now and BTW if you want to hear Wayne on top of his game Drought 3 is the way to go.

LonghornsLegend
06-15-2008, 07:59 PM
The Drought series is general is all worth having, same with the Dedication series...And I like this album more then some from what I've heard, I heard Fab wrecked Weezy on that track but I don't hear it, Weezy killed that track and came the hardest, he had a nice variety of songs, he did have one or two I didn't like, but overall I thought it was a very good album...I would of given it 4 and a half mics personally, granted alot of his songs sound like mixtape tracks but thats just his style, I like what he put together.

Yung Money
06-15-2008, 08:37 PM
I actually like the album a couple of questionable songs Wayne put on there but at first I didnt like the album because I expected more from Weezy but you grow to like the album after you listen to it for awhile now its all I blast in the car.

bantx
06-15-2008, 08:47 PM
yeah i really liked The drought series, every song from it is hot

yourfavestoner
06-15-2008, 09:01 PM
I can't wait for I Can't Feel My Face.

<3 Juelz no h0mo

Yung Money
06-15-2008, 09:05 PM
I can't wait for I Can't Feel My Face.

<3 Juelz no h0mo

This album has been in the works for so long when is this thing coming out? I liked some of the previews ive heard.

YAYareaRB
06-15-2008, 11:24 PM
"I can't feel my face the ALBUM.. So let me put to beat to sleep like a VALYUM!"

Byrd430
06-16-2008, 12:31 AM
Love love love Drought 3, he takes everybody's beat and absolutely smashes it!

I also loved his remake of Georgia, and if you can get your hands on it, I'm Raw is one of my favorite tracks Weezy has ever laid down.

Another Weezy favorite is I Feel Like I'm Dying...weird to listen to at first, but a great track nonetheless.

Byrd430
06-16-2008, 12:32 AM
Also, btw, if Wayne isn't one of, if not THE number one man in the business, why is EVERYBODY wanting to do a song with him? He's on everybody's remixes..