PDA

View Full Version : Chad Showed up but....

StripedWalrus
06-12-2008, 11:45 AM
he isnt doing anything. THats what I expected.

here is the article link.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6837

The real news there is Andrews is the First string RT and Big Willie is Second! and that Kenny Irons shwoed up for practicE!!!!!!

PalmerToCJ
06-12-2008, 12:06 PM
He says he's "hurt". He will be shortly after the first contact scrimmage I'd say.

What a bum.

Bengals78
06-12-2008, 10:16 PM
Chad is a giant puss. He is a great receiver brought down by him being a whiner and a puss.

StripedWalrus
06-12-2008, 10:27 PM
Chad is a giant puss. He is a great receiver brought down by him being a whiner and a puss.

straight up holmes!

Bengalsrocket
06-12-2008, 10:45 PM
idk guys. We've brought it up on these forums before, but Marvin seems to confirm the idea: Drew Rosenhaus is the problem. Take a look at these videos:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d808cea05

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d808cf839

I watched the first video and marvin said "My relationship with chad changed when his representation changed". I thought maybe they meant more than just Drew Rosenhaus but then in the second video they specifically say the translation for "representation" is Drew Rosenhaus.

I still like Chad (i've said that several times on these boards) and I kind of hope more media coverage blames Rosenhaus so Chad has a scape goat to put all of this on and then he can apologize and continue to play for us.

StripedWalrus
06-12-2008, 10:52 PM
idk guys. We've brought it up on these forums before, but Marvin seems to confirm the idea: Drew Rosenhaus is the problem. Take a look at these videos:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d808cea05

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d808cf839

I watched the first video and marvin said "My relationship with chad changed when his representation changed". I thought maybe they meant more than just Drew Rosenhaus but then in the second video they specifically say the translation for "representation" is Drew Rosenhaus.

I still like Chad (i've said that several times on these boards) and I kind of hope more media coverage blames Rosenhaus so Chad has a scape goat to put all of this on and then he can apologize and continue to play for us.

Thats interesting I never knew that...

PalmerToCJ
06-13-2008, 01:21 AM
I would like to see more routes involving Chad going up the middle. Especially against the Ravens and Steelers.

Maybe this all started when he got blown up by Brian Russell?

Bengals78
06-13-2008, 02:07 AM
Or maybe it started because he is a puss? sorry had to get one more in me.

Ive said for a long time Drew is the problem. He takes a lot of high profile agents and turns them into whiners. Chad wasnt a whiner until he got with Drew. He gets in his clients head and makes them think theyre worth more than they are.
Id say this is why Chad is a puss, but me thinks he has always been one. Hey, look at that I had two more Chad is a puss comments in me. Well make it thrice.

PalmerToCJ
06-15-2008, 12:58 AM
If CJ dumped Rosenhaus, that would tell me he's taking things over for himself.... It would be a step in the right direction for sure. Doubtful I'm sure...

themaninblack
06-16-2008, 10:08 PM
hey guys im back now. This is the first ive heard about what CJ did but I got to say i coulda called that one months ago.

BengalMedic
06-17-2008, 09:26 AM
Been out of the loop for a couple of weeks, but you would think the Bengals would have some sort of recourse in dealing with this. "IF" Chad and the Bengals knew there was a problem with the ankle, WHY wasn't this handled immediately following the season ?? Why now ?? Sounds a bit fishy to me. If Chad shows up and refuses to participate, that is an issue and the organization should take issue with it.

In my opinion Marvin has worked to hard to try to regain the locker room only to have Chad show back up and make him look stupid.

themaninblack
06-17-2008, 02:31 PM
Apparently they don't agree that he does need the surgery or CJ simply doesn't want to get it. The Bengals told him he needed to get the surgery after the season and he did not do that.

BengalMedic
06-18-2008, 07:29 AM
And now Chad is going to have the surgery. Last time he had this procedure done, he was back at it in two weeks time. Something tells me this is going to be an ongoing issue with his ankle for the entire season.

StripedWalrus
06-18-2008, 11:28 AM
yep, he is getting the surgery so he can have an excuse to not go to training camp. Then something will happen and he wont be playing during the season...

PalmerToCJ
06-18-2008, 12:05 PM
yep, he is getting the surgery so he can have an excuse to not go to training camp. Then something will happen and he wont be playing during the season...

Just as well for me :D

BengalMedic
06-19-2008, 08:47 AM
I still would have liked to see the Bengals suck it up and take the offer from Washington in regards to getting their pick at #21 and another one the following year. I think with the addition of a pass catching TE in Utetch, not to mention a healthy backfield with Perry, would have lessened the blow of losing Chad's production.

There were many players out there that could have made an impact for us and the youngsters would have a trial by fire at WR. I was looking at some of the players taken at #21 and before we picked in the second:

Felix Jones or Rashard Mendenhall would have been a nice addition with the questions in the backfield.
Kentwan Balmer would have been more than enough to make me happy at DT.
Phillip Merling would have made nice depth at DE or even Kenny Phillips for safety depth.
Chilo Rachal would have been nice at Guard or maybe pick a WR earlier like Hardy and then use a later pick on someone else.

We could what if it all day long, but I'm just saying I wouldn't have minded that deal getting done. Add in the additional pick next year would more than likely been a first, as Chad could reach the target in the markers, that sure would be nice as well.

Oh well, Chad is here and if he pulls his head out of his backside and plays well this year, there won't be much to complain about. I still think he's an assh*le though !!!

Bengalsrocket
06-19-2008, 09:22 AM
I still would have liked to see the Bengals suck it up and take the offer from Washington in regards to getting their pick at #21 and another one the following year. I think with the addition of a pass catching TE in Utetch, not to mention a healthy backfield with Perry, would have lessened the blow of losing Chad's production.

There were many players out there that could have made an impact for us and the youngsters would have a trial by fire at WR. I was looking at some of the players taken at #21 and before we picked in the second:

Felix Jones or Rashard Mendenhall would have been a nice addition with the questions in the backfield.
Kentwan Balmer would have been more than enough to make me happy at DT.
Phillip Merling would have made nice depth at DE or even Kenny Phillips for safety depth.
Chilo Rachal would have been nice at Guard or maybe pick a WR earlier like Hardy and then use a later pick on someone else.

We could what if it all day long, but I'm just saying I wouldn't have minded that deal getting done. Add in the additional pick next year would more than likely been a first, as Chad could reach the target in the markers, that sure would be nice as well.

Oh well, Chad is here and if he pulls his head out of his backside and plays well this year, there won't be much to complain about. I still think he's an assh*le though !!!

Those all would have been nice pick ups, but none of them could do as much as much for us as Chad could =/

BengalMedic
06-19-2008, 12:06 PM
Key word there being "COULD"... While I am NOT about to argue what a "healthy" "non headcase" Chad brings to the table, I will argue that his presence right now is not helping anyone. If the ankle thing lingers on, then this is a real issue. Especially since the team told him to take care of it immediately following the season. He didn't... He's already making people look stupid by showing up and doing nothing. The organization has stood by and just let him do nothing. Ridiculous !!!

Once again, with the additions of Utecht and a healthy Perry out of the backfield, Chad's not being there would be reduced. Then we would have to hope for the best from our rookies. I personally would be ok with that.

I just feel there were other avenues that were available and I would have rather seen them makes the sacrifice now rather than later. If Chad has a bad season or he makes the ankle issue linger, do you think we will be getting a 1st with the possibility of another first with him being another year older ?? I don't think so...

Like I said, this is what we've got, but rest assured that the Chad circus is just reving up and it won't be coming to an end anytime soon. As a matter of fact, wait until we try to resign TJ and he makes MORE money than Chad. That will be funny !!!

StripedWalrus
06-19-2008, 12:42 PM
hellz, I am still hopping for that eagles trade...two first rounders, laws, and another player that is getting less and less more likely to happen =(.

Bengals78
06-20-2008, 01:40 AM
I hate when a player whines and gets his way. thats what separates these players from real players. are you here to win and play football or collect a paycheck. which is it? chad is def with the latter.

BengalMedic
06-20-2008, 07:23 AM
http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6849

And now you have this from Chad. Sounds like a man who got his butt handed to him. I mean really, what else is he going to say at this point ?? The only thing he can do is blame it on the business side of things and try to make nice. He can't afford to sit out and he should at least realize that his best chance of getting out (if that is what he wants) is to produce at a high level this season.

I'm not ready to forgive Chad, as I still think he's a grade A douchebag, but I like the direction this is going in. If he produces at a high level and the defense can step up, Chad just might have a pretty good chance of getting the Ring, he claims is the reason for wanting to leave the Bengals.

themaninblack
06-20-2008, 01:13 PM
I still want a formal apology to the organization and the City of Cincinnati.

StripedWalrus
06-20-2008, 01:25 PM
yea I want the apology too! But I think this is the closest thing to an apology we are going to get.

BengalMedic
06-20-2008, 02:04 PM
Making the comment of, "I love you Cincinnati" just isn't enough in my book, but it's probably as close as we are going to get. Like I said, what else can he do but now state how he likes the look of the defense and how he hopes the fans understand it's just business.

I'm sorry, but when Chad said he doesn't care about how the fans view him, that is a slap in the face of all the fans that grew to love him and were happy he was the face of the organization.

I'd like to see something more along the lines of a public apology, because business or not, it was just wrong !!!

PalmerToCJ
06-20-2008, 11:15 PM
It's a step in the right direction.

I liked him placing blame on himself, talking up the defense, wanting to get back to work and realizing the fact that the organization wants a sane Chad around here.

Looks like for the time being at least, things won't be destroyed by having him around... Which I'm thankful for.

He needs to come out and say it was about money, I like how he said, "the contract will take care of itself". Of course it will, you either play and get paid... Or don't play and don't get paid.

Have to give Mike Brown/Marvin credit for laying the hammer down on him. It (to this point anyway) is keeping him around and even more importantly is telling other players there's no use in whining and moaning about your contract... Nothing is going to happen from it.

Until he fully grows a pair, my sig is going nowhere.

StripedWalrus
06-20-2008, 11:29 PM
here here! and your sig should stay that way until he gets down on his hands and knees and begs Cincinnati and the Bengals fan base to forgive him.

BengalsPwn
06-22-2008, 04:24 PM
I swear you guys are a bunch of salty 15 year old fans, just accept he's back and will help us win. Our offense would of died without him anyways just be happy they didn't trade him. He's the only bright spot this organization has left. TJ's no stud so stop talking up his stats, he lives off CJ. Carson is boring and we have no defensive superstars. CJ is the fuel for all the fans and we all love the celebrations and hopefully he has plenty more this season.

Bengalsrocket
06-22-2008, 07:24 PM
I swear you guys are a bunch of salty 15 year old fans, just accept he's back and will help us win. Our offense would of died without him anyways just be happy they didn't trade him. He's the only bright spot this organization has left. TJ's no stud so stop talking up his stats, he lives off CJ. Carson is boring and we have no defensive superstars. CJ is the fuel for all the fans and we all love the celebrations and hopefully he has plenty more this season.

lol what? take deep breathes....

PalmerToCJ
06-22-2008, 08:50 PM

Chad... What kind of numbers do you expect you're going to put up this year?

If a guy that bashes his teammates is all we have left we're even worse off than I thought. Like me accepting him back has any impact on the situation. I'm throwing out my opinion on a message board, give it a freaking break.

I liked Carl Pickens more than Chad.

Shere Khan
06-22-2008, 10:36 PM
well, your handle should be "BlakeToPickens" instead...

themaninblack
06-23-2008, 12:08 AM
TJ's no stud. Carson is boring.

This pretty much sums it up.

BengalMedic
06-23-2008, 06:23 AM
I'll agree that it's a step in the right direction, it's also nice to hear him place blame on himself, and trying to talk up the defense.

My issue with hearing that from him is...

What else is he going to say ?? He knows he played all of his cards and got punked HARD. He had no other option than to come in talking up everyone and saying the things he has. Hell, I bet he thinks the janitors are the greatest ever...

That being said, if the Bengals don't make the playoffs this year while Chad has yet another record breaking season, going to the pro bowl and the organization DOESN'T redo his deal, LOOK OUT... Couple that with the possible resigning of TJ in which his new deal would make him the higher paid of the two. I think all he's doing is buying his time in the hopes that he can get out next year.

Like you said though, it a step in the right direction and I'll take it for now...

PalmerToCJ
06-23-2008, 07:55 AM
well, your handle should be "BlakeToPickens" instead...

lol I went to a game in like '96 at Riverfront and I was in the nose bleeds.... I swear every other pass Blake made was at my eye level, he could air it out lol.

I would get it changed to PalmertoTJ but at this point it seems like CJ will be around longer... I don't see TJ getting re-signed.

BengalMedic
06-23-2008, 10:29 AM

I don't disagree that a "non headcase" Chad helps this team win, but you can't be that blind to what he's doing... I suppose you liked it when he said he didn't care about the fans of Cincinnati anymore ?? Or was he talking to everyone except you ??

Happy they didn't trade him ?? NOPE, would have taken the 2 probably 1st rounders in a heartbeat. I agree with Chad when he said, "I'm not that good".

TJ's no stud that led the league in catches with Welker and when looking at stats, take a look at how many of those went for key 3rd down receptions and TD's versus Chad.

Carson is a boring QB ?? Well he brings 4000 yard passing seasons and how many times has that been done in Cincinnati before Carson ?? Oh yeah, NEVER !!!

We may not have any defensive superstars and I will be more than happy to agree with that, but I could do without all the celebrations from Chad if it meant more TD's and less dropped passes, not to mention pouting like a little b*tch...

If there was no thought of moving on without Chad, we wouldn't have drafted 2 WR's in the first three rounds of the draft.

I still hope Chad "helps" bring a winner to Cincinnati, but that being said, he's a douchebag...

StripedWalrus
06-23-2008, 10:55 PM

pfftt your one of those guys that is so negative over the team. We love the celebrations???? no, you love the celebrations. Carson Is boring? If a good QB that is a team leader is boring, then give me boring!!!! Chad Johnson is the only bright spot this organization has left????? Man...Do you even watch the Bengals???? do you know who the Bengals are????? Here are some "bright" spots that the Bengals have "left": Carson Palmer (he's a freaking super nova), J. Joseph!!!!!!!! Leon Hall, Robert Geathers, Peko!!!!, Keith Rivers. Thats just a handful and most of em are on defense! TJ is still a bright star, Chris Perry has hope, Jerome Simpson and Andre Caldwell have potential, the Oline is great except the Center position, and we have a good group of Tight Ends.

If you honestly thing Chad Johnson is the only "bright spot" this organization has left, then you need to go be a Stain Fan or something.

brat316
06-23-2008, 11:10 PM
Chad... What kind of numbers do you expect you're going to put up this year?

If a guy that bashes his teammates is all we have left we're even worse off than I thought. Like me accepting him back has any impact on the situation. I'm throwing out my opinion on a message board, give it a freaking break.

I liked Carl Pickens more than Chad.

What teammates did he bash

I still like Chad, though it all did start with Drew every where he goes people want money.

You know how you get fined if you don't show up to mandatory things. Well what if you show up and don't practice, is that a loop hole

themaninblack
06-24-2008, 12:18 AM
yes if he shows up and doesn't practice he doesn't get fined. I think you have to have a medical reason though.

BengalMedic
06-24-2008, 09:20 AM

The entire defensive unit... That's quite a few backsides to kiss in order to get back in their good graces. If I was one of those guys, I would give him an extra hit if I had the chance. Not to hurt him, but just to let him know...

brat316
06-24-2008, 12:17 PM
The entire defensive unit... That's quite a few backsides to kiss in order to get back in their good graces. If I was one of those guys, I would give him an extra hit if I had the chance. Not to hurt him, but just to let him know...

Ohhh, but did he call out any one inparticular player, did he? Also weren't some of the games the Bengals lost the Defense's fault. The D should know they have to take some of the blame they might have worked hard but it wasn't enough. Still a dirt bag thing to do to call out your team in front of the cameras, but another thing if he said it in practice it would have been fine.

Might have said it to get out of the team. I still think something was said behind closed doors and no one wants to tell the story behind it.

BengalMedic
06-24-2008, 12:24 PM
Ohhh, but did he call out any one inparticular player, did he? Also weren't some of the games the Bengals lost the Defense's fault. The D should know they have to take some of the blame they might have worked hard but it wasn't enough. Still a dirt bag thing to do to call out your team in front of the cameras, but another thing if he said it in practice it would have been fine.

Might have said it to get out of the team. I still think something was said behind closed doors and no one wants to tell the story behind it.

Did he call out one particular player ?? No, but he called out the entire defensive unit. Is that some how better ?? Everyone that plays defense should want to kick his head in. Sure the defense has been a big part of the problem and has cost us games, but how many times did ANY one of the defensive players call Chad out when he consistently dropped 3rd down balls that would have moved the chains ?? How about when he fumbled the ball, but was to busy sulking to get up off the ground to try to recover the ball ?? How about all the times Chad was hammering the organization as a whole ?? Did you hear anyone outside of Marvin make comments about Chad ?? NO... Why ?? Because that is not how a "professional" handles the situation.

The defense has been more than willing to admit they need to improve and have been there trying to do that. The same can't be said about Chad.

Bottomline is, he needs to keep his mouth shut and quit being a b*tch...

themaninblack
06-24-2008, 11:09 PM
Watching his interview on ESPN has won me back for the time being.

BengalMedic
06-25-2008, 07:30 AM
Ok, I just got done watching the clip from ESPN and for the most part, liked what I saw. Here's some thoughts...

Chad said that he was cast as disgruntled and then went on to say, "Whatever in the world that's suppose to mean". Well Chad, it means you were acting like a douchebag and disrespected not only your team mates, but more importantly, YOUR FANS.

He was also asked about Carson and said, "If it ain't no 85, it ain't no 9". Um, wrong Chad. If you leave Carson is still a top QB in the league. If you go to some of the teams mentioned, you aren't a pro bowl WR. Jason Campbell, paging Jason Campbell...

When asked about not getting his trade demand answered, he said, "I wouldn't have let me go neither". Well Chad, not long ago, you said, "Really, I'm not that good" when asked about the Bengals turning down what would have been 2 1st round picks and now this. So which is it ??

While I can MORE THAN AGREE with Chad in regards to this team making the commitment to winning and can understand where he's coming from, he handled it completely wrong. If he wants us to believe it's just business, then leave the fans out of the conversation. That didn't happen. Don't bag your team mates. That didn't happen. Don't act like a little b*tch who thinks he's the only player on the team that wants to win. That didn't happen.

I'm glad Chad seems to be focused and hope for a big year from him, but all of this comes from a standpoint that is a no brainer. What would you expect him to say ?? Him keeping up his offseason stupidity wasn't changing Mike Brown's opinion regardless.

Good luck Chad and hopefully we won't be revisiting this during the next off season. Something tells me that won't happen either...

PalmerToCJ
06-25-2008, 11:19 AM

All of them less TJ basically. I agree Rosenhaus is the big trigger of this whole mess.

Chad was an idiot and a horrible teammate for several months. Can't change the fact that he laughed at the chances for the Bengals getting in the playoffs this year.

Winning will help things, I can't stand seeing this BS go on.

brat316
06-25-2008, 02:57 PM
Ok, I just got done watching the clip from ESPN and for the most part, liked what I saw. Here's some thoughts...

Chad said that he was cast as disgruntled and then went on to say, "Whatever in the world that's suppose to mean". Well Chad, it means you were acting like a douchebag and disrespected not only your team mates, but more importantly, YOUR FANS.

He was also asked about Carson and said, "If it ain't no 85, it ain't no 9". Um, wrong Chad. If you leave Carson is still a top QB in the league. If you go to some of the teams mentioned, you aren't a pro bowl WR. Jason Campbell, paging Jason Campbell...

When asked about not getting his trade demand answered, he said, "I wouldn't have let me go neither". Well Chad, not long ago, you said, "Really, I'm not that good" when asked about the Bengals turning down what would have been 2 1st round picks and now this. So which is it ??

While I can MORE THAN AGREE with Chad in regards to this team making the commitment to winning and can understand where he's coming from, he handled it completely wrong. If he wants us to believe it's just business, then leave the fans out of the conversation. That didn't happen. Don't bag your team mates. That didn't happen. Don't act like a little b*tch who thinks he's the only player on the team that wants to win. That didn't happen.

I'm glad Chad seems to be focused and hope for a big year from him, but all of this comes from a standpoint that is a no brainer. What would you expect him to say ?? Him keeping up his offseason stupidity wasn't changing Mike Brown's opinion regardless.

Good luck Chad and hopefully we won't be revisiting this during the next off season. Something tells me that won't happen either...

I like how you only state half of that quote. He all so said "if there ain't no 9 there ain't no 85."

BengalMedic
06-26-2008, 07:42 AM
I like how you only state half of that quote. He all so said "if there ain't no 9 there ain't no 85."

I didn't mention it, because it's a no brainer... I still can't believe people are so blind to what's actually going on with Chad.

Don't get me wrong, I have ALWAYS been a fan of Chad. He's one of the players I have a jersey for and always have defended him to people when they made the T.O. reference. But what he's doing now is right along those lines.

Watch the video again. Did you see how he reacted when asked if he "wanted" to be in Cincinnati ?? He squirmed around in his seat, grabbed his face, and then said yes. The problem is, he followed that with, "I ain't got no choice".

So which is it ?? Yes he wants to be here or no, but he doesn't have a choice, so here he is ?? He also says he might be crazy, but he's not stupid in regards to not showing up. Why is that ?? MONEY. Nothing more...

I have already mentioned I agree with his statement of the Bengals needing to commit to winning. Who hasn't ?? But Chad is not happy about still being in Cincinnati and if by some chance there was a trade made prior to camp starting, he would be the happiest WR in the league. I've got three words for that...

F*CK YOU CHAD !!!

StripedWalrus
06-26-2008, 10:26 PM
I didn't mention it, because it's a no brainer... I still can't believe people are so blind to what's actually going on with Chad.

Don't get me wrong, I have ALWAYS been a fan of Chad. He's one of the players I have a jersey for and always have defended him to people when they made the T.O. reference. But what he's doing now is right along those lines.

Watch the video again. Did you see how he reacted when asked if he "wanted" to be in Cincinnati ?? He squirmed around in his seat, grabbed his face, and then said yes. The problem is, he followed that with, "I ain't got no choice".

So which is it ?? Yes he wants to be here or no, but he doesn't have a choice, so here he is ?? He also says he might be crazy, but he's not stupid in regards to not showing up. Why is that ?? MONEY. Nothing more...

I have already mentioned I agree with his statement of the Bengals needing to commit to winning. Who hasn't ?? But Chad is not happy about still being in Cincinnati and if by some chance there was a trade made prior to camp starting, he would be the happiest WR in the league. I've got three words for that...

F*CK YOU CHAD !!!

ditto, CHad lost my respect. I dont care how great of a season he will have I will still not respect him.

BengalMedic
06-27-2008, 07:22 AM
Oh, I hope Chad has a great season for the purpose that it not only means the Bengals will do better from that standpoint, but it will only increase his value for a trade at the end of the season, as this will surely come up again minus the Bengals winning a Super Bowl.

Couple that with the organization being able to better absorb the salary cap hit in trading him and this just might work out pretty well after all !!!

StripedWalrus
06-27-2008, 08:33 PM
Did anyone see the interview that Clinton Portis did with Chad over the phone on NFL network? I swear Clinton Portis is the next coming of Emmit Smith..not on the football field though.

BengalMedic
06-28-2008, 07:36 AM
I watched that as well. It's posted on the official site. I was thinking the same thing about Portis. Where the hell did he learn how to speak ?? I swear I felt like I needed an interpreter to understand him. Bullsh*t interview in my opinion anyway.

StripedWalrus
06-28-2008, 02:27 PM
yea it was pretty bullsh*t. NFL players shouldnt get a job broadcasting just because they are NFL players...its pitiful.

BengalMedic
06-30-2008, 07:13 AM
Yeah, Emmitt Smith comes to mind along with Keyshawn Johnson...