PDA

View Full Version : WVU's Stewart wanted Michigan job

Sniper
06-12-2008, 12:11 PM
http://www.dailymail.com/News/statenews/200806120186

ZOMGZ STEWART IS THE GREATEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD AND A TRUE WVU GUY! Right kwilk?

PalmerToCJ
06-12-2008, 12:22 PM
Good read, of course you never know whos word to believe but interesting...

Michigan
06-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Sorry Stewart, Michigan doesn't have a job opening called "coach who failed at 1AA but is a good guy so should be kept around as a walking feel-good story"

kwilk103
06-12-2008, 03:52 PM
hahahaha

i would not believe anything rod says; 1st his 'agent' had no previous experiance; the guy was an engineer and rod hired him; smart move there; his agent was also involved with a sports gambling business; again, smart move

and it was well known stew did not want a job at michigan; thats why he volunteered to be the interim coach, he wanted the wvu job; quote from wvu incoming lb donavon miles said when stew came to recruit him after the pitt game, he said he was trying to get the job

and i wouldnt be worried about stew failing at vmi; he went 8-25 there over 3 seasons; the average wins per season there is 2; havent had a winning season since the early 80s; you cant win there

EDIT: i could say how in rods deposition and his agents deposition they both adimitted to using a pittsburgh paper to make them look good

or how he used the same pittsburgh writer to say a wvu employ in the coaching hire said magee wouldnt get the job b/c he was African-American; fact is the guy was the president of the wvu booster club, and was not involved in the hiring process; the guy called his attorney and then called rod/magee out on it; he filed a deposition on his own, and said there might be a libel/slander lawsuit against rod

more and more comes out about him everyday

Sniper
06-12-2008, 04:12 PM
and it was well known stew did not want a job at michigan

Apparently not so much.

How is it ¨well known¨? Were you there for all the meetings? Are you Stewart? Or are you just trying to spin this into another ZOMGZ MICHIGAN TOOK OUR COACH BIG MEANIESSSSSSSS thread?

kwilk103
06-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Apparently not so much.

How is it ¨well known¨? Were you there for all the meetings? Are you Stewart? Or are you just trying to spin this into another ZOMGZ MICHIGAN TOOK OUR COACH BIG MEANIESSSSSSSS thread?

um, pat white said after rod left stew came in and said he wasnt leaving

he told recruits he wasnt leaving

rod is a liar; he will be very lucky if he doesnt perjury himself in court; he has no chance

did you even read the rest of the stuff i posted? b/c the players are happy hes gone

white said your not embarrased to make a mistake in practice and the coaches actually teach

new db coach david lockwood said the corners technique was so bad he had to start over from scratch; former wvu aa aaron beasley said your db coach was clueless and had no business coaching d-1; starting cb ellis lankster said of your db coach "rod actually coached the secondary; its like he didnt trust coach gibson"

oh, and the stuff rod says to players borders on verbal excuse; true story, he threw a fball at our starting qbs groin in spring ball, so he transferred to maryland and beat us 3x (none were close)

or, how a guy my dad works with son-in-law played for rod; said the 1st 2 weeks of practice he thought his name was "you dumb mother******"

really, what was the point of this thread?

Sniper
06-13-2008, 12:53 AM
um, pat white said after rod left stew came in and said he wasnt leaving

he told recruits he wasnt leaving

After he was rejected by Michigan?

white said your not embarrased to make a mistake in practice and the coaches actually teach

Yeah, poor kids weren't taught anything when they were molded from 2 and 3 star recruits to a team that finished in the top 10 ever year. Poor kids.

new db coach david lockwood said the corners technique was so bad he had to start over from scratch; former wvu aa aaron beasley said your db coach was clueless and had no business coaching d-1; starting cb ellis lankster said of your db coach "rod actually coached the secondary; its like he didnt trust coach gibson"

Your pass defense was ranked 14th in the country. I'll take results over dumb comments any day of the week.

oh, and the stuff rod says to players borders on verbal excuse; true story, he threw a fball at our starting qbs groin in spring ball, so he transferred to maryland and beat us 3x (none were close)

Verbal excuse? Or verbal abuse? That fine WVU education is kicking in on that one. I'll be sure to let Rodriguez know not to hurt the players' feelings. We wouldn't want that to happen, lest they win their conference and perform well nationally.

or, how a guy my dad works with son-in-law played for rod; said the 1st 2 weeks of practice he thought his name was "you dumb mother******"

Don't **** up the plays, and you won't get yelled at.

really, what was the point of this thread?

Responses in bold. Basically your main deal is that Rodriguez yells at his players. Whoop de ****** doo and la dee ****** da. I'll take a coach who yells and puts up results over some pushover who went 8-25 at 1AA.

Rodriguez is a damn good coach and you're just pissed he left. Look at your team. WVU was Pat White's only QB scholly offer. Now he's a Heisman contender. Steve Slaton was probably going to be a DB in college. Instead, he is going to earn a NFL paycheck. Owen Schmitt was a D3 player before walking onto WVU. Now, he's also getting paid. Ryan Mundy sucked balls at Michigan. Now, he's using his "terrible technique" taught to him by Gibson and Rodriguez in the NFL. Yeah, what a terrible coach that guy is.

kwilk103
06-13-2008, 01:12 AM
gibby is horrible

our corners sucked last year; we had a good pass rush

yea, i guess a 10 year pro and all-american said hes not a good coach doesnt mean anything; or our new db coach who was a dc said our dbs had no technique and he was starting over from scratch

dude, it was beyond messing up; it was after every play; and stew isnt easy goin either; he had them run 80yd sprints and stadium stairs after a bad practice

another te asked rod before he was formally named coach for a transfer release b/c rod told him he didnt fit in his plans; rod told him no, but he got nehlen to sign his papers

or the best athelete on the team qb/wr bradley starks just stated in an article practices are much more fun (everyone has been saying that pat white and others included) and that rods playbook had 12-13 passing plays and the new one has 25-30

or how he called noel devine, brandon hogan, and jock sanders after he was hired by um to try to get them to transfer---it got to the point where they had there phones turned off for like 2 weeks

i notice how you didnt respond to how he was funnelling info to a pittsburgh paper to look bad and made up racial allegations

kwilk103
06-13-2008, 01:19 AM
Responses in bold. Basically your main deal is that Rodriguez yells at his players. Whoop de ****** doo and la dee ****** da. I'll take a coach who yells and puts up results over some pushover who went 8-25 at 1AA.

Rodriguez is a damn good coach and you're just pissed he left. Look at your team. WVU was Pat White's only QB scholly offer. Now he's a Heisman contender. Steve Slaton was probably going to be a DB in college. Instead, he is going to earn a NFL paycheck. Owen Schmitt was a D3 player before walking onto WVU. Now, he's also getting paid. Ryan Mundy sucked balls at Michigan. Now, he's using his "terrible technique" taught to him by Gibson and Rodriguez in the NFL. Yeah, what a terrible coach that guy is.

or you could go by the pat white theory; rod was average before pat; 8-4 was our best season; it also happened that it took him 6 games to realize how good pat was; if adam bednarik stays healthy, we lose the ul game, and dont become the program we are; so, why wasnt pat the starter? or slaton? slaton didnt earn the starting position (you wont find any wvu fans arguing over that); it was 3 other guys ahead of him screwing up---(2 couldnt hang onto the ball, another didnt go to class)

it also happened that rods breakout season was when miami, vt, and bc left the big east

Hwoarang
06-13-2008, 08:59 AM
I still think Stewart was a bad hire. He had a good game and that one game got him hired. They should have kept him on as OC.

kwilk103
06-13-2008, 09:16 AM
I still think Stewart was a bad hire. He had a good game and that one game got him hired. They should have kept him on as OC.

the players love him, and he brought in a great staff

NGSeiler
06-18-2008, 12:54 AM
I'll take results over dumb comments any day of the week.

Except when the dumb comment comes from Rodriguez, which apparently then makes it thread-worthy and meaningful...?

kwilk103
06-18-2008, 01:49 AM
or how about this

rod said he couldnt come back to wv for a good friends funeral, even though he really wanted to b/c he feared for his life

yet, he can come back to witness the wvu president's deposition

or how his family received death threats, yet still did not move them til after school, and he never filed a police report for said death threats

Hokie_Pokie08
06-19-2008, 02:08 AM
or how about this

rod said he couldnt come back to wv for a good friends funeral, even though he really wanted to b/c he feared for his life

yet, he can come back to witness the wvu president's deposition

or how his family received death threats, yet still did not move them til after school, and he never filed a police report for said death threats

do you really think the morgantown police would do anything if rich rod filed a police report?

kwilk103
06-19-2008, 02:28 AM
do you really think the morgantown police would do anything if rich rod filed a police report?

um, yea; i mean, they've filed them against devine, pacman, henry, etc

if they didnt, they would lose their jobs

no police report was filed, but the police did look into it; it was 1 kid that put a sign on rods nephew's locker at middle school; kid was disciplined; rod was never threatened, nor was his family

he said he and his family were, but they never filed a police report, and he didnt move his family for several months

now, if my family was threatened, i would file a police report and move them to where i was living; thats just me though