PDA

View Full Version : Who can't wait until next season?

draftguru151
06-15-2008, 07:22 PM
So I've been reading through some college football magazines today and playing some NCAA the past few days and I REEEEEEEEEALLY can't wait until next season.

So just to get some college football discussion going, what are you looking forward to next year? I'm really interested in seeing how Paul Johnson and his offense works out at Georgia Tech and how Jonathan Dwyer does in it. Dwyer is almost up to 230 and looked really good as a freshman last year. Also want to see Auburn's new spread look with Burns.

BigJohn98
06-15-2008, 07:24 PM
Year two of the Jimbo Fisher experiment.

Georgia vs. Florida

USC destroying Ohio State

scottyboy
06-15-2008, 07:24 PM
I can't wait til people are like: "OMGZ no Rice and 3 OL gone. LOLZ at Rutgers. they haz lyke no offense cuz teel sux ROFLCOPTER!"

and then Teel dominates with Underwood and Britt who become recognized as the best WR tandem in the country. Oh, and Courtney Greene and Joe Lefeged will literally kill people who come across the middle

Shane P. Hallam
06-15-2008, 07:28 PM
I'm pumped. I'm praying to God every night saying:

"God, just let Ohio State do it this year so everyone can be quiet. I don't care if we have to beat Mississippi Valley in the National Championship, but as long as we win it, I'll be happy."

I just want OSU to prove they belong.

LonghornsLegend
06-15-2008, 07:36 PM
I anticipate the Red River shootout every year like no other, that game gets my blood really going, might see if I can try to go this year which would be my 2nd RRS.

Outside of seeing where my Longhorns are at, I want to see that Georgia-Florida game more then anything, I'm excited for that...But CFB season is excellent, I love the Cowboys but the Longhorns are what got me into football, hell football season in general has me excited.

yourfavestoner
06-15-2008, 08:01 PM
Seeing Florida's defensive progression from last season.
USC-tOSU
Florida-Georgia
Beating FSUcks again.

iowatreat54
06-15-2008, 08:02 PM
4 straight over the Zooker :D

BeerBaron
06-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Penn States gonna......beat like, Northwestern and Michigan State and make it to a mid level bowl game!!

Thats about all the more fun I get to have as a PSU fan anymore.........

Sniper
06-15-2008, 10:17 PM
Michigan's defense better be DAMN good this year to compensate for one returning OL, a new QB and a whole new offense.

I'm also excited for the USC-Ohio State game.

doingthisinsteadofwork
06-15-2008, 10:36 PM
Only one more year before Longhsore is finally gone!yipee!!!!

BeerBaron
06-15-2008, 10:50 PM
Only one more year before Longhsore is finally gone!yipee!!!!

I was thinking that with Morelli all the past few seasons...

nrk
06-15-2008, 10:52 PM
I anticipate the Red River shootout every year like no other, that game gets my blood really going, might see if I can try to go this year which would be my 2nd RRS.

Red River Shootout is definitely my favorite weekend in college football. I also want to see Alabama vs LSU.

BaLLiN
06-15-2008, 10:54 PM
Rutgers will dominate all that breathes

ChiSox219
06-15-2008, 10:57 PM
Got my season tickets, just hope we can get over Mendenhall and challenge for the B10 title

Yatta!
06-16-2008, 02:28 AM
I don't even support a team and I'm excited.

USC v Ohio State is one of the most anticipated matchups in ages and it will be interesting to see if Georgia can live up to the hype.

Brent
06-16-2008, 07:47 AM
I am pretty damn excited but if Jerrod starts I will be even more excited. If it's McGee again, then I'll just be at an average excitement level.

cdub11
06-16-2008, 09:33 AM
im really excited about college football, cant wait to see how the Texas defense will be with the addition of Will Muschamp as DC & what playmakers will step up on offense.
I always look forward to the RRS against ou, like everyone else im also excited about georgia vs. florida & usc vs. ohio st

OhioState
06-16-2008, 09:42 AM
I can't wait for USC vs. OSU. If we can win this one and finally get a NC i can be happy

neko4
06-16-2008, 09:50 AM
Im excited to see SMU with June Jones at HC.

Im hoping Chris Turner can lead Maryland to a bowl and be a good QB for DHB.

'cuse-213
06-16-2008, 10:55 AM
Syracuse might win 3 games this year!!1!

06-16-2008, 11:58 AM
9/13/08. That's what it's all about. Once we get past that NC baby and a Heisman for McKnight just to top it all off. :)

iworshipbender
06-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Oregon's going to be really, really, really good next year. The defense will be really good, and the offense will be strong as ever. Nate Costa WILL turn heads in the Pac-10.

keylime_5
06-16-2008, 01:13 PM
Year two of the Jimbo Fisher experiment.

Georgia vs. Florida

USC destroying Ohio State

funny how so many people I hear think that will happen despite OSU returning everyone and more, and USC losing four of their best defenders plus their leading passer, rusher, receiver, and 4 starting offensive lineman from 2007.

princefielder28
06-16-2008, 01:15 PM
I believe Central Michigan has a chance to be a non-BCS conference school who could make a run at a BCS game. The offense will be able to score with the best of em and Dan LeFevour is a stud!

keylime_5
06-16-2008, 01:19 PM
I believe Central Michigan has a chance to be a non-BCS conference school who could make a run at a BCS game. The offense will be able to score with the best of em and Dan LeFevour is a stud!

Lefevour had about as good a season as Tebow last year, but the average fan would say, who the crap is dan lefevour?

draftguru151
06-16-2008, 01:38 PM

That @Georgia the 2nd week of the season really makes me doubt that. BYU definitely has a chance though.

Im_a_Romosexual
06-16-2008, 01:39 PM
I'm most excited about the Texas Defense. It should be filthy.

I'm also excited about the Badgers running game with 4 quality runningbacks, they should rack up yardage big time.

Another team I'm thinking can make a run is Ball State, they can score on anyone, but they'll have to show that they can stop somebody. They have a fairly easy schedule and could win 9/10 games and the MAC

Brent
06-16-2008, 03:50 PM
I hope my old high school teammate Daniel Raudabaugh prevents you guys from doing so.

Hines
06-16-2008, 03:58 PM
For starters, what is the best college football magazine out? Secondly, I will hopefully be attending the ASU-Georgia game. Also, I think Penn State has a pretty good season. Yes they lost Lee, but their defense is returning pretty much everyone, the defensive line is monsterous, and I feel we will have a great defese. Our offense should be inproved. I say 9-3.

draftguru151
06-16-2008, 04:22 PM
Phil Steele is the most in depth from what I saw last year and has a lot of good info, Lindy's is pretty good this year, Athlon isn't bad but some of their opinions are a bit, er, different. UGA #5, UF #1, some of the AA team picks are bad as well. If you're gonna get one I'd suggest Phil Steele (though I haven't gotten it this year yet) but picking up a few isn't a bad choice.

princefielder28
06-16-2008, 05:08 PM
That @Georgia the 2nd week of the season really makes me doubt that. BYU definitely has a chance though.

I think a loss at Georgia would not be the end of their chances especially if Georgia wins the SEC and Central Michigan performs half way decent.

I hope my old high school teammate Daniel Raudabaugh prevents you guys from doing so.

I wouldn't consider Central Michigan "my team" and that label goes to the Badgers, but ever since LeFevour's Fr. year I have been a big fan and believe he can lead this team to big things

Turtlepower
06-16-2008, 06:30 PM
Just bought my season tickets today. Hopefully ASU can beat Georgia. =D

yourfavestoner
06-16-2008, 07:13 PM
Phil Steele is the most in depth from what I saw last year and has a lot of good info, Lindy's is pretty good this year, Athlon isn't bad but some of their opinions are a bit, er, different. UGA #5, UF #1, some of the AA team picks are bad as well. If you're gonna get one I'd suggest Phil Steele (though I haven't gotten it this year yet) but picking up a few isn't a bad choice.

Florida should be number one. ;)

draftguru151
06-16-2008, 07:14 PM
Florida should be number one hundred. ;)

You forgot a word. ;)

Sniper
06-16-2008, 07:18 PM
Florida should be number one. ;)

Maybe if their secondary didn't suck.

keylime_5
06-16-2008, 07:22 PM
The way florida's schedule sets up and considering that their defense is more veteran this year, I could definitely see them winning the title. IMO they are more likely to do it than Georgia. Like it's been said before, the USC/OSU and UF/UGA games could be the de facto semifinals for the national championship. Lots of people forget WVU though. Their schedule is easy but they are loaded on offense and could go unbeaten too.

Hwoarang
06-16-2008, 07:53 PM
That @Georgia the 2nd week of the season really makes me doubt that. BYU definitely has a chance though.The fact that they play UGA week 2 helps them. It's not who you lose to, it's when you lose.

Michigan excluded from that statement of course..

Maybe if their secondary didn't suck.They'll be tons better this year.

draftguru151
06-16-2008, 07:58 PM
The fact that they play UGA week 2 helps them. It's not who you lose to, it's when you lose.

Michigan excluded from that statement of course..

When you're a non BCS conference team, it's an if you lose. BYU has a very good chance to go undefeated.

And UF's DTs worry me more than the DBs. Their run defense in general is a bigger issue to me than the pass defense. Haden and Pierre-Louis played pretty well last year and Wright's pass defense should improve some. The pass rush should be there as well. Anyone know how much of an impact Will Hill will have this year?

SuperMcGee
06-16-2008, 08:12 PM

Drew Willy will conquer them all. I'm definitely looking forward to the Miami game this year, last year ended so crushingly after we almost came back but then fumbled it while driving for the win. Hopefully we can take it at home this time. And maybe even the MAC East as a whole, we'd have to be near perfect outside of the CMU game. @Bowling Green will be a really tough late season game, hopefully it's meaningful and we can pull something off. There are 3 brutal road games (Missouri, Pittsburgh, C. Mich) that we have no chance in, and then the tough one at BG. We're easily in every other game.
-cue bhaarat Temple post