PDA

View Full Version : New and Improved Country Music Thread.

Pages : [1] 2 3

eaglesalltheway
06-17-2008, 06:47 AM
For country music and related topics. Please no people coming in here and rapping or whatever. Its nothin against rap, but you wouldn't want anyone to recite country in the rap thread. If this thing lasts, there will inherantly be a political debate of some sort. Just don't do it. Not all people who listen to country are Republicans, I'm not, but I love country. Just like there are conservative people who can appreciate Rap. End of anything political in this thread. On to the music. What is you favorite song playing right now? For me it is hands down. "She's a Hottie" by Toby Keith is #1 right now and has been since the first time I heard it. Others I like are "Back When I Knew it All" by Montgomery Gentry and anything by Taylor Swift. That girl can write a good song, and she sings them unflawed. Plus, she is a goddess...haha

Jakey
06-17-2008, 07:46 AM
"Yo, it's all ghetto in gear higher, the floor settle
More metal for beef that we don't let the law settle
I try to navigate the treacherous waters of
America's ghettos that set up the slaughteres
But there's more of us
Although we speak in different languages
We all pretty familiar with what anger is
Young and dangerous, ???
Get up on some gangsta ****
Guns to bang ya wit'
And we put it on records to entertain ya wit'
I'm grownin' pains way deeper than Mike Seaver's
Our uniforms is white sneakers and white T-shirts
On top of wife beaters
We like to light reefers
The 'hood need us for rappers, just ain't the right leaders
I put a lot into it
This is my product and I gotta move it
Stop the industry but you can't stop the music"

Awesome tune!!! ;)

MetSox17
06-17-2008, 12:16 PM
Hey Eagles, what would be a good album to... "get".. right now?

I'm out of touch with what's good right now, i just find myself listening to the same music i've... "gotten".

I'm a fan of Toby Kieth so maybe i'll.. "get".. his latest album

eaglesalltheway
06-17-2008, 12:39 PM
Thats exactly what I was going to suggest actually. My buddy has Shock'n Y'all and I heard it. Absolutely amazing. All the songs are good, though there are two that have no shot at making it to the radio. Not because of quality, but because of content. Those songs are "The Taliban Song" (incredible) and "Smokin' with Willie" (more incredible). I recommend Shock'n yall for sure.

MetSox17
06-17-2008, 12:50 PM
For fear of tipping mine/your picks, i will refrain from saying much more. Till after i pick again lol

S4L
06-17-2008, 01:00 PM
I really love Miranda Lambert's new song, "Gunpowder and Lead." It's got a great sound and fantastic lyrics.

And have you heard the Sugarland-Little Big Town-Jake Owen collaboration "Life in a Northern Town." I can't believe how much in harmony all of those different singers are in. Can't wait for it to come out on iTunes.

eaglesalltheway
06-17-2008, 01:12 PM
I really love Miranda Lambert's new song, "Gunpowder and Lead." It's got a great sound and fantastic lyrics.

And have you heard the Sugarland-Little Big Town-Jake Owen collaboration "Life in a Northern Town." I can't believe how much in harmony all of those different singers are in. Can't wait for it to come out on iTunes.

Gunpowder and Lead has been around for a while, but the radios pretty much ignored it until recently, but yeah, thats a great song, it actually compelled me to go out and by the CD (plus the fact that she aint to bad lookin either). Her speaking voice is so different from her singing voice thougfh. She honestly sounds like a mouse when she talks, but her voice when she sings is hearty and beefy for a woman. You know she's going out with Blake Shelton? Its been goin on for a while too. "Life in a Northern Town" Is also a favorite. I remember the first time I saw it on CMT I was simply put... in awe. It sounded perfect. Would you beleive that song was wrote by Paul Simon? It strikes you as odd at first, buyt once you think about it, it fits.

S4L
06-17-2008, 01:26 PM
Gunpowder and Lead has been around for a while, but the radios pretty much ignored it until recently, but yeah, thats a great song, it actually compelled me to go out and by the CD (plus the fact that she aint to bad lookin either). Her speaking voice is so different from her singing voice thougfh. She honestly sounds like a mouse when she talks, but her voice when she sings is hearty and beefy for a woman. You know she's going out with Blake Shelton? Its been goin on for a while too. "Life in a Northern Town" Is also a favorite. I remember the first time I saw it on CMT I was simply put... in awe. It sounded perfect. Would you beleive that song was wrote by Paul Simon? It strikes you as odd at first, buyt once you think about it, it fits.

Yeah, I bought the CD in the first week and instantly gravitated to Gunpowder & Lead, and I'm glad it's getting some play.

I knew Life in a Northern Town was an update from an 80s(?) song, but Paul Simon? Haha, no idea!

eaglesalltheway
06-17-2008, 03:14 PM
It was an 80s song, you are correct.

MetSox17
06-17-2008, 04:34 PM
How'd you like my picks in the Country music draft Iggles? :D

CJSchneider
06-17-2008, 06:39 PM
My knowledge of Country Western Music and Line Dancing is dirctly proportional to my blood alchohol level.

eaglesalltheway
06-18-2008, 06:29 AM
How'd you like my picks in the Country music draft Iggles? :D

They were dominant, to say the least. So far, I like your draft the most after mine, to be honest.

MetSox17
06-18-2008, 12:11 PM
They were dominant, to say the least. So far, I like your draft the most after mine, to be honest.

I'm hoping my prospect lasts till it's my turn again.. then it will be truly dominant. Lol

eaglesalltheway
06-18-2008, 01:14 PM
I'm hoping the same thing, ten bucks says were going after the same person.

MetSox17
06-18-2008, 01:28 PM
I'm hoping the same thing, ten bucks says were going after the same person.

Lol i don't know. Is your pick male or female?

eaglesalltheway
06-18-2008, 01:35 PM
I'm hoping my prospect lasts till it's my turn again.. then it will be truly dominant. Lol

Well my prospect is...wait a minute, mind games won't work! I'll tell you if we are thinking of the same person though, you pick before me so you'll hear about it.

fischbowl
06-18-2008, 08:48 PM
btw, vote for me in the country music draft.

you heard it here folks!

Sniper
06-18-2008, 09:18 PM
Hey Eagles, what would be a good album to... "get".. right now?

I'm out of touch with what's good right now, i just find myself listening to the same music i've... "gotten".

I'm a fan of Toby Kieth so maybe i'll.. "get".. his latest album

Eric Church's "Sinners Like Me".

DO IT!

fischbowl
06-18-2008, 09:22 PM
i agree with the aforementioned!

badgerbacker
06-18-2008, 10:37 PM
A newer song that I really like is "Do You Believe Me Now" by Jimmy Wayne. I'm glad I wasn't just dumped or anything otherwise it'd be pretty depressing, but seeing as that's not the case I think it's awesome.

MetSox17
06-18-2008, 11:27 PM

you heard it here folks!

You'll have a hard time beating my super group of George Strait, Toby Keith, Brooks & Dunn, Shania Twain and the Dixie Chicks ;)

eaglesalltheway
06-19-2008, 07:47 AM
Eric Church's "Sinners Like Me".

DO IT!

YESSSSS!!!!!

eaglesalltheway
06-19-2008, 07:49 AM

you heard it here folks!

It will be even harder to beat Garth Brooks, Brad Paisley, Dierks Bently, Taylor Swift, and Blake Shelton!!!

CJSchneider
06-19-2008, 07:51 AM
I can't believe I'm admitting this, I like Trace Atkins' "You're Gonna Miss This".
Oh! and Carrie Underwood is hot. There I redeemed myself.

thule
06-19-2008, 09:35 AM

you heard it here folks!

http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/fail/1/1186869377609.gif

eaglesalltheway
06-19-2008, 12:24 PM
^^^HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, ooh, is he OK? Who cares? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Edit: last post on first page is what I'm referring to.

eaglesalltheway
06-19-2008, 12:25 PM
I can't believe I'm admitting this, I like Trace Atkins' "You're Gonna Miss This".
Oh! and Carrie Underwood is hot. There I redeemed myself.

I like Trace and all, but I don't really like "You're Gonna Miss This", that was a nice save though.

eaglesalltheway
06-19-2008, 12:58 PM
I figured I'd try to help out a buddy. I've got a guy I know who is a country singer/songwriter, and I've heard a few of his songs, and I've got to say he is pretty damn good. He sings very well, and has a distinct voice, and his songwriting is very good. If your interested, check out Leechboy in myspace. The second e in "leechboy" may be an "a", I'm not sure though. Some of his songs are love songs, but most are a variety of different subjects. A few of the songs he wrote were being recorded for possible tracks on albums by Tim McGraw and Brad Paisley, so he isn't too far off, and anything could help.

Sniper
06-19-2008, 01:00 PM
YESSSSS!!!!!

There's not a single song on that album that isn't awesome. My absolute faves are The Hard Way, Guys Like Me, Two Pink Lines and These Boots. But they're all awesome.

eaglesalltheway
06-19-2008, 09:23 PM
I'm glad guys like me is gettng playing time on the radio. I don't think they've completely gotten Church yet, but in all honesty, if the only song I ever heard from him was "Ride the Lightning", I would be begging for more. I don't knwo who wrote that song but it is the best written song I ever heard, and his voice is perfect, and perfect for that song.

eaglesalltheway
06-20-2008, 06:35 AM
Has anybody heard the country song by Jessica Simpson yet? I heard it once, but can't remember the name right now. Its a good song, but nothing special. Just wondering if anybody else heard it yet.

eaglesalltheway
06-20-2008, 02:31 PM
Gary Alans new song "Learning How to Bend" What are the opinions of this song. I think it is excellent, and another one of a single by Gary Alan.

badgerbacker
06-20-2008, 05:18 PM
Has anybody heard the country song by Jessica Simpson yet? I heard it once, but can't remember the name right now. Its a good song, but nothing special. Just wondering if anybody else heard it yet.Yeah, I've heard it a couple of times. It's called "Come On Over". I guess I agree with you, I like it but certainly doesn't blow you away or anything.

eaglesalltheway
06-20-2008, 05:52 PM
Yeah, I've heard it a couple of times. It's called "Come On Over". I guess I agree with you, I like it but certainly doesn't blow you away or anything.

Thank you, i was trying to figure out that title all day.

MetSox17
06-20-2008, 05:57 PM
Thank you, i was trying to figure out that title all day.

I wonder who's gonna make who sign the pre-nup.

At this point, i'd say Tony has the much brighter financial future.

eaglesalltheway
06-20-2008, 06:18 PM
Being that I am not adept at law or such of that matter, I am in no position to make an unbiased decision as to who would sign the prenubtual agreement, thus nulifying one parties claim to the others' monetary and non-monetary posessions.

eaglesalltheway
06-22-2008, 11:19 AM
Keepin this on page one... I just got Toby Keiths 35 biggest hits, and its a winner. Of course it is but there are sooo many good songs, and She's a Hottie, my favorite song right now.

eaglesalltheway
06-23-2008, 07:00 AM
Kid Rock's Rock n Roll Jesus is amazing. It isn't all country, there is some rock and blues and hip hop, but I suggest it to any country music fan.

eaglesalltheway
06-24-2008, 02:27 PM
This thing is in danger of falling off of page one, so I'll wirte something... Vote for Eaglesalltheway in the counrty music voting things please.

MetSox17
06-24-2008, 02:34 PM
Hell no. Vote for me!

I have George Strait! That's enough to win!

eaglesalltheway
06-24-2008, 02:36 PM
I voted for you metsox, return the favor! We can fight over votes once we actually go agaimst eachother.

MetSox17
06-24-2008, 02:48 PM
I voted for you metsox, return the favor! We can fight over votes once we actually go agaimst eachother.

I'm torn EATW... you have a hell of a matchup in the first round.. lol

eaglesalltheway
06-24-2008, 02:49 PM
I know, I think I have him edged though, but that is my opinion. Look at what I just posted in that thread.

MetSox17
06-24-2008, 04:40 PM
Bump Bump Bump.

Country fans, go vote in the Country Music Draft in the Fantasy Forums!

Vote for whoever has the best group of musicians!

eaglesalltheway
06-25-2008, 06:59 AM
Bump Bump Bump.

Country fans, go vote in the Country Music Draft in the Fantasy Forums!

Vote for whoever has the best group of musicians!

I'm bringing it to your (country music fans) attention again!!!

fischbowl
06-25-2008, 08:31 PM
More people should listen to Roger Clyne and The Peacemakers and Lucero. Both bands are amazing and while they both sway away from traditional country they still manage to incorporate country overtones into their music. I really suggest you all take a listen.

Some suggested songs for download:

Blue Collar Suicide ~ RCPM (as the Refreshments) ~ Fizzy Fuzzy
Contraband ~ RCPM ~ No More Beautiful World

Wish Me Luck ~ Lucero ~ The Attic Tapes reissue (their best album)
So Long Tonight ~ Lucero ~ The Attic Tapes reissue

eaglesalltheway
06-26-2008, 07:03 AM
ITs definitely something that I will look into when I get a chance. I'm not picky at all when it comes to music. I listen and appreciate all genres, and to be honest, it wouldn't matter at all what other genres they were mixed in with, because country is my favorite, and with my open-mindedness (is that even a word?, haha) it would be very hard for me not to like either of those bands. Anyone else you would recommend that maybe we don't know all that much about, fisch?

eaglesalltheway
07-01-2008, 06:34 AM
I just got Carrie Underwood and Eric Church's latest albums, both are sick, but I gotta say that I expect big things from Church in the future, dudes got talent.

Sniper
07-01-2008, 08:51 AM
I just got Carrie Underwood and Eric Church's latest albums, both are sick, but I gotta say that I expect big things from Church in the future, dudes got talent.

Eric Church is the greatest!

fischbowl
07-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Eric Church is the greatest!

He is thee truth, no doubt

rukster
07-02-2008, 02:10 AM
Kid Rock's Rock n Roll Jesus is amazing. It isn't all country, there is some rock and blues and hip hop, but I suggest it to any country music fan.

I love Kid Rock. His album "Cocky" was his best tho. On Rock and Roll Jesus, I like Amen the best.

Anything by Alan Jackson is great. My tops from have to be If Jesus Walked the Eart Today, Small Town Southern Man, All-american Country Boy, but nothing tops Where I come From. Right now that is the top song in Country music if you ask me, and trust me, its all I listen to.

Where I Come From- Alan Jackson
Beer for my Horses- Toby Keith (Favourite by him)
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere-Alan Jackson
Living in Fast Forward- Kenny Chesney
Two Pink Lines- Eric Church

Oh man, Brad Pailey as climbing up there for a while. His trio of Ticks, Online and Celebrity are easily his best 3 songs. Love em all.

Jeez, there so much to name, and its late, but I'll post more later.

eaglesalltheway
07-02-2008, 07:49 AM
Yo rukster, go into the fantasy forum and vote for the country draft quarterfinals. Vote for me!!!:D JK man vote for who you think is the best. Theres two of them, so you have two different things to vote on.

dpl85
07-02-2008, 10:24 AM
I'm not trying to bust anyone's balls as Tony Soprano would say but I've always found it a little odd when people from the northeast are country music fans. Not that there's anything wrong with that, obviously you can listen to whatever you like. I just always thought and assumed that most of the stuff they sing about in country people from the northeast would have trouble relating to. I used to think country was really only popular in the south and maybe in the midwest but since then I've realized it has a lot more widespread appeal apparently. I mean I was born and raised in Texas and didn't really become a fan of country until a couple years ago. It's kinda funny cause I hated country growing up partly because I didn't want to be painted with the stereotype of being a redneck but now I listen to it a lot partly because I really don't like most of the new rock.

Sniper
07-02-2008, 11:37 AM
I'm not trying to bust anyone's balls as Tony Soprano would say but I've always found it a little odd when people from the northeast are country music fans. Not that there's anything wrong with that, obviously you can listen to whatever you like. I just always thought and assumed that most of the stuff they sing about in country people from the northeast would have trouble relating to. I used to think country was really only popular in the south and maybe in the midwest but since then I've realized it has a lot more widespread appeal apparently. I mean I was born and raised in Texas and didn't really become a fan of country until a couple years ago. It's kinda funny cause I hated country growing up partly because I didn't want to be painted with the stereotype of being a redneck but now I listen to it a lot partly because I really don't like most of the new rock.

My girlfriend lives on a farm and got me into it. I used to despise it, but now it's my favorite.

MetSox17
07-02-2008, 02:49 PM

Lately, i think it has become increasingly easier for people to relate to Country music. Not a knock on artists these days, the music is still great, but it's no longer the same type of music it was before. Even then, i think just about anyone can listen to Garth Brooks and George Strait and really feel that music. And that's because they're still more of the old-school type of guys. If you've ever had love problems, you can relate to the majority of Country music.

dpl85
07-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Lately, i think it has become increasingly easier for people to relate to Country music. Not a knock on artists these days, the music is still great, but it's no longer the same type of music it was before. Even then, i think just about anyone can listen to Garth Brooks and George Strait and really feel that music. And that's because they're still more of the old-school type of guys. If you've ever had love problems, you can relate to the majority of Country music.
Yeah that's true and I realized that when I actually started listening to country but I was talking a little more in terms of the country songs that are religious or pro war in nature. I hope that's not considered getting political or religious I'm not stating an opinion on those topics, just making a general point.

MetSox17
07-02-2008, 03:31 PM
Yeah that's true and I realized that when I actually started listening to country but I was talking a little more in terms of the country songs that are religious or pro war in nature. I hope that's not considered getting political or religious I'm not stating an opinion on those topics, just making a general point.

Yeah, i see where you're coming from. For the most part i'm a Toby Keith fan, but some of his songs aren't really my type. Dixie Chicks are great also, and they're very politically inclined as well.

Draft King
07-02-2008, 03:32 PM
This thread should have died along with the old one.

MetSox17
07-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Keep posting on it and you'll make sure it doesn't.

bored of education
07-02-2008, 03:41 PM
I heard a decent Kid Rock track today. sampled Sweet Home Alabama and American Werewolf in London. decent track. he should stick to those types of tracks.

MetSox17
07-02-2008, 03:42 PM
I heard a decent Kid Rock track today. sampled Sweet Home Alabama and American Werewolf in London. decent track. he should stick to those types of tracks.

Do you know the name of the song, btw? So i can .. "get" it..

bored of education
07-02-2008, 03:43 PM
No I dont know that name of the track. It was pretty good though.

bored of education
07-02-2008, 03:44 PM
ALL SUMMER LONG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUaP7LoppGw

Sniper
07-02-2008, 04:08 PM

Country music is awesome because you actually have to listen to the lyrics, and they make you think a lot. Not so much for other styles.

bored of education
07-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Country music is awesome because you actually have to listen to the lyrics, and they make you think a lot. Not so much for other styles.

Country music is widely about love or trucks or ******* llamas. Underground hip hop has the best lyrics.

Sniper
07-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Country music is widely about love or trucks or ******* llamas. Underground hip hop has the best lyrics.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH that's a classic. Country>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>underground hip hop, above ground hip hop and whatever other types of ground hip hops there are.

MetSox17
07-02-2008, 04:18 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH that's a classic. Country>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>underground hip hop, above ground hip hop and whatever other types of ground hip hops there are.

Haha! I've given too much reputation in the last 24 hours, but i'll give you a rain check!

And you're right about the lyrics. Country has a way bigger concentration on the lyrical aspect of it, as opposed to other music that has you paying attention to beats, bass lines, guitar solos, ___ solo's.. The only thing i love outside of the lyrics from country music is the steel guitar. Love that damn thing.

bored of education
07-02-2008, 04:20 PM
obivously you dont know hip hop at all sniper

dpl85
07-02-2008, 04:39 PM
It's unfair to make a blanket generalization like that about country just like it would be to make a similar generalization about hip hop. I used to think just like you about country but when you actually listen to it longer than 5 minutes you see that's really not true. You can easily cite bad and good examples from every genre of music.

Sniper
07-02-2008, 07:03 PM

My most -repped comment ever. It's called preference, people! ;)

bored of education
07-02-2008, 07:07 PM
It's unfair to make a blanket generalization like that about country just like it would be to make a similar generalization about hip hop. I used to think just like you about country but when you actually listen to it longer than 5 minutes you see that's really not true. You can easily cite bad and good examples from every genre of music.

very true

:)

Sniper
07-02-2008, 10:11 PM
http://new.music.yahoo.com/videos/EricChurch/Lightning--51764792

Sick vid, sick song

rukster
07-02-2008, 11:03 PM
That Kid Rock song is a sick one. I love it. Kid Rock is definately up there as one of my favourites of all time.

As I look at my iTunes, my top played songs are

1. Lonesom USA- Jason Aldean (Cant believe I forgot to mention it yesterday, but yeah, this is always on in the car)
2. God Blessed Texas- Little Texas
3. Where I Come From- Alan Jackson
4. All-American Country Boy- Alan Jackson
5. That Kind of Girl- Patty Loveless

eaglesalltheway
07-03-2008, 06:44 AM

I listen to pretty much only country, and for the most part, I prefer not to listen to hip hop or rap, but some of the lyrics that they write are just as good as country, granted its about completely different things, but you listen to an Eminem album and tell me that guy con't write a song, and I'll show you a person who is either (a) so close-minded that even the thought of anything different makes them want to explode or (b) someone who is oblivious to actual talent. You are right though, for the most part, anything about going to da club and findin b*tches and h*es doesn't appeal to me, and talking about partying really doesn't take much skill or talent.

eaglesalltheway
07-03-2008, 06:46 AM
I had written another REALLY long thing in this thread about the war and religion stuff yesterday at work, but the computer unexplainably shut down and lost it in the process of me posting the meessage. I was sooo pissed when I saw it didn't make it on here, but you guys covered some of the things I would have spoken about so I'm not gonna spend the time and effort to try to redo that.

Sniper
07-03-2008, 07:41 AM
I listen to pretty much only country, and for the most part, I prefer not to listen to hip hop or rap, but some of the lyrics that they write are just as good as country, granted its about completely different things, but you listen to an Eminem album and tell me that guy con't write a song, and I'll show you a person who is either (a) so close-minded that even the thought of anything different makes them want to explode or (b) someone who is oblivious to actual talent. You are right though, for the most part, anything about going to da club and findin b*tches and h*es doesn't appeal to me, and talking about partying really doesn't take much skill or talent.

It's not like I mind some hip-hop. I just find country to be superior.

eaglesalltheway
07-03-2008, 07:48 AM
It's not like I mind some hip-hop. I just find country to be superior.

So do I, no doubt, but there is a lot of hip hop and rap anrists that I can respect because they are good writers and talented.

Turtlepower
07-03-2008, 12:12 PM
When the hell did Jewel become a country singer???

Sniper
07-03-2008, 12:14 PM
Finals of the country music draft are set up: Myself vs. MetSox

eaglesalltheway
07-03-2008, 03:03 PM
When the hell did Jewel become a country singer???

Almost tw0o years ago now I think. Now I don't know when she atrated recording her Album, but I remember her singing at a nascar race last year, I just don't remember which one, it may have been one of the Daytona races, but I'm not sure.

MetSox17
07-03-2008, 03:08 PM
Finals of the country music draft are set up: Myself vs. MetSox

Chalk another one up for me.... lol

eaglesalltheway
07-07-2008, 06:35 AM
Bringing this up to the first page, I don't want it to get lost... I was camping this weekend (sort of) and there was a country line daning thing going on and that was pretty fun. With my love for country music I've never done any of the dances. There were a bunvch of people at this campsite who were complaining about country music being there two nights in a row, and the performers (if thats what they could be called) on the second night were atrocious. We ended up putting in Tracce Adkins Greates hits CD in and had that blasting over the sound of "Tammy Lee" and Dale "Country Hank" Roth yodeling and making cat sounds. Needless to say I think those talentless slobs were a littel pissed. But we didn't care, becuase they were actually performing karaoke style with a prompter to read off of. People were asking me how I could like sh*t like that, but I had to explain that is not what country is about. Once "Honkytonk Badonkydonk" and Rough and Ready" were going they understood.

fischbowl
07-07-2008, 11:33 PM
Anyone listen to my select bands yet? :' (bogue smoking smiley)

eaglesalltheway
07-08-2008, 07:05 AM
I haven't had the opportunity to look them up, but one of my friends had a Lucero song on his ipod. I heard the song and I was like that sounds pretty cool. I asked him who it was and he told me it was Lucero, and I was like sh*t man, I've heard of them, but I never heard their music. I don't know what song it was though, and he only had that one song. I've got to ask him and I'll see about finding that out. It isn't like normal country, but it has enough of it for me to get the country thing going. It was funny, because my friend normally listens to punk rock and it took me off a little bit because he doesn't really listen to anything country.

eaglesalltheway
07-08-2008, 07:06 AM
Just texted my buddy and he told me the song was Kiss the Bottle.

fischbowl
07-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Ahh yeah Kiss The Bottle is epic.

Lucero is a country band that doubles as a punk band. People call it "cow punk"

eaglesalltheway
07-09-2008, 07:07 AM
Has anybody heard Toby Keith's new song "Never Seen Her Cry"? I don't know if that is the title, but it is something along those lines, I've only heard it once and I really like it. Also, I heard Kid Rock's "All Summer Long" on country radio the first time yesterday. Anyone else here this a long time ago. I was hoping this would make it to Cat Country, but I wasn't sure if it would. Also, is it just me or are the radios playing "All I Wanna Do" WAAAAAAAY too much?

dpl85
07-09-2008, 02:30 PM
I'd recommend the Randy Rogers Band. I'm not sure how well known they are or if they're played outside Texas or the southwest but the couple of songs I've heard I've really liked. The most popular I guess are kiss me in the dark and one more goodbye.

eaglesalltheway
07-10-2008, 07:08 AM
I haven't heard of them, but I will definitely keep an eye out for them I'm a great distance away though, so that shouldn't really be a surprise. Hopefully I can hear their music some day, I always love finding a new signer or group to listen to. Look up Leechboy, that is also someone local that I've mentioned before, but I know everyone would like his music.

Sniper
07-10-2008, 10:17 AM
Eric Church's video for Lightning is baller as ****. That is all.

eaglesalltheway
07-10-2008, 10:29 AM
I saw that in January on CMT Pure, and in all honesty, both me and my buddy were choked up because of it.

Sniper
07-10-2008, 10:35 AM
I saw that in January on CMT Pure, and in all honesty, both me and my buddy were choked up because of it.

Yeah man, it's the truth. It's on launch.yahoo.com, if you ever want to watch it again. And YouTube has a lot of his concert performances in small places, and they're pretty damn good for live. The quality of video isn't the best, but the audio usually is good enough. Check it out. His studio versions are straight up sick.

eaglesalltheway
07-10-2008, 10:45 AM
It was on a digital cable station, and I saw it about four or five times in a week. But that was at a house I was watching for my aunt, so I haven't seen it since then, but it actually impacted me that much that I remember the whole thing. There is so much from that song that I will remember forever.

critesy
07-14-2008, 05:57 PM
anyone heard of craven country jamboree ?

eaglesalltheway
07-15-2008, 06:34 AM
No, but when I get around to checking out fisch's bands I will look into yours and the Randy Rogers band. Is CCJ (abbreviations are nice) a pure country band, or are they infused (love that word) with other styles?

dpl85
07-15-2008, 08:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zGyIdlvzpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoBlryfjlCc

Not sure if I posted those links correctly but those are videos of Randy Rogers Band.

critesy
07-16-2008, 05:04 PM
No, but when I get around to checking out fisch's bands I will look into yours and the Randy Rogers band. Is CCJ (abbreviations are nice) a pure country band, or are they infused (love that word) with other styles?

CCJ is a large-ass concert in a town called craven and this year people like paul brandt, sugarland, toby keith, dierks bentley and etc. came and played... and its likes 5 days long and everyone brings out their RV's and campers and ****.

this year there was around 25,000+ people who came out and it just amazing. just get drunk for 5 days straight and do whatever you feel like.

overall, its one of thee most amazing parties ever... i think maxim rated it #3 party spot in north america.

eaglesalltheway
07-18-2008, 07:00 AM
I think I saw something on it on CMT, now that I think of it, but I was just finding a shorter way to say Craven County Jamboree. I don't know why I was under the assumption you were talking about a band, because I just saw that about two weeks ago. Luke Bryan was there if I remember correctly.

eaglesalltheway
07-18-2008, 07:02 AM
I heard something on my radio that Taylor Swift is coming out with a new Album, but I was half asleep when I heard it. I was wondering if ahyone ahd heard anything about it and new when it was coming out.

critesy
07-19-2008, 02:00 PM
that would be amazing.. i love taylor swift :)
havent heard anything about a new album though.

dpl85
07-20-2008, 06:57 PM
Keith Anderson, Jason Michael Carroll, Pat Green

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd9nrUfkFNY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ec9ahvOrt4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-k2mJjAW5M

Y'all heard of them? I think they're pretty good.

eaglesalltheway
07-21-2008, 06:57 AM
I've heard of Keith Anderson and Jason Michael Carroll. "I Can Sleep When I'm Dead" is a great song, but my radio station is playing it way too much

eaglesalltheway
07-23-2008, 12:06 PM
Keeping this on ethe first page. Anybody hear the song by the old lead singer from Alabama? Name escapes me.

Sniper
09-11-2008, 07:41 AM
My favorite videos as of right now.

1. Kid Rock "All Summer Long"
2. Brooks & Dunn "Put a Girl in It"
3. Craig Morgan "Redneck Yacht Club"

Check em' out.

CJSchneider
09-11-2008, 09:31 AM
My favorite videos as of right now.

1. Kid Rock "All Summer Long"
2. Brooks & Dunn "Put a Girl in It"
3. Craig Morgan "Redneck Yacht Club"

Check em' out.

That title is in the wrong order.

MetSox17
09-11-2008, 11:29 AM
An old song i heard for the first time about a month ago. GREAT song.

Tracy Lawrence - Today's lonely fool

CashmoneyDrew
09-11-2008, 11:29 AM
Not trolling but since it is a thread on country music just thought I'd let everyone know that as a Nashvillian I loathe country music. Done.

eaglesalltheway
09-11-2008, 11:46 AM
An old song i heard for the first time about a month ago. GREAT song.

Tracy Lawrence - Today's lonely fool

Definitley I love that song, and I too just hear it for the first time less than year ago.

eaglesalltheway
09-11-2008, 11:48 AM
Too all country music fans:

Get Blake Shelton's More Pure BS. One of my favorite Albums of all time. A great mix of all different types of songs. Every song is great, and I actually mean great. Anyone who has it can vouge for me.

eaglesalltheway
09-11-2008, 11:48 AM
That title is in the wrong order.

Damn it CJ, I still need to spread rep around, that is defintiely worth it. Maybe a new quote for my sig...

eaglesalltheway
09-11-2008, 11:51 AM
This is a song I hope to hear on the radio by Keith Anderson...

Adeleine. One fo the greatest broken heart songs in a while.

Go Blue
09-11-2008, 11:52 AM
Keith Anderson, Jason Michael Carroll, Pat Green

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd9nrUfkFNY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ec9ahvOrt4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-k2mJjAW5M

Y'all heard of them? I think they're pretty good.
Keith Anderson's first CD is one of the very few CDs that I can listen to the whole way through without skipping a song.

Another good one is Eric Church's first one. If you havent heard that one you need to go get it. Very good songs the whole way through it.

eaglesalltheway
09-11-2008, 11:54 AM
Keith Anderson's first CD is one of the very few CDs that I can listen to the whole way through without skipping a song.

Another good one is Eric Church's first one. If you havent heard that one you need to go get it. Very good songs the whole way through it.

I have both, and do the same thing with both. Dierks Bentley has one like that, and the Blake Shelton one I mentioned is the same way.

eaglesalltheway
02-15-2009, 09:24 PM
This thread hasn't had any action for a while, thought I'd bring it back. The guy I know who I talked about before, Leechboy, had one of his songs done by Craig Morgan on his newest album, called "It Took a Woman", and it'll be released as a single soon he was told. He's pumped about it and I have both versions of the song, I like his original better, but The guys who re-wrote it for Craig Morgan did a great job as well. If anyone is interested check out some of the songs on his myspace page. Just look him up as Leechboy, or if you want to check out other things check out Billy Patrick. Its the same guy, but he goes by Billy Patrick for songs that he writes sometimes.

MetSox17
02-15-2009, 10:16 PM
Yesterday me and a friend bought two 12s of Lone Star and listened to Brooks and Dunn all night.

eaglesalltheway
02-15-2009, 10:21 PM
I got the Cowboy Town album and I absolutely love it. Ronnie needs to sing more often...

MetSox17
02-15-2009, 10:25 PM
Buying their greatest hits album was the best investment i've ever made.

eaglesalltheway
02-15-2009, 10:27 PM
Buying their greatest hits album was the best investment i've ever made.

Agreed, I got that one right around the time I got Cowboy Town, and I don't know if you have it, but Cowboy Town by itself is just as good, its one of those Albums that I listen to every song.

I also recently got pretyy much every song ever performed by Big and Rich, and I've got to say every single album is a monster, they are one of my favorite groups.

MetSox17
02-15-2009, 10:32 PM
Big & Rich is pretty good too. Not my favorite, but i do listen to them pretty often.

Rick Treviņo, oldie but goodie.
N233TACMkBg

eaglesalltheway
02-15-2009, 10:37 PM
I got The Eli Young Band's CD, adn there are a bunch of songs that are really great, I think they should steadily gain popularity in the coming months and years. They kind of remind me a little bit of Rascal Flatts in terms of their look and sound.

I've heard things aobut Cross Canadien Ragweed on htis thread before I think. They're supposed to be coming to my area soon and was owndering if anybody knew more about them.

I'm gonna go check out an Eric Church show with a few of my buddies in March, I love his music and I know the show is gonna be great, and only 15 bucks for great tickets at a nice small place...

MetSox17
02-15-2009, 10:41 PM
Down here there's not much demand for country artists, so i hardly see any budding stars doing any shows. Honestly though, i'm just a huge fan of the older stuff. Some of the new age country artists don't really catch my attention as much as the classics.

eaglesalltheway
02-15-2009, 10:43 PM
Down here there's not much demand for country artists, so i hardly see any budding stars doing any shows. Honestly though, i'm just a huge fan of the older stuff. Some of the new age country artists don't really catch my attention as much as the classics.

I like it all really, Jamey Johnson's Album is really great, and he has more of a classic style. That CD has some of my favorite songs. Randy Houser is a nice blend of Old and New, his Album is really good as well.

eaglesalltheway
03-23-2009, 10:13 AM
Went to see Eric Church in concert last night, what a show!

He was opened by a woman about my age, maybe a little older (mid 20s), Ashley Rae. Really really good. I think we may be seeing and/or hearing from her in the future. Great singer and her songwriting is very good as well. The one song was called something like " Hurricanes": Asking why she always falls in love with guys that act like Hurricanes. Her voice is kind of like Miranda Lambert, just a little deeper and with a little more pissed off sound at times. Another thing helping her cause is she is really good looking as well. Kind of like a mix of Gretchen Wilson and Martina McBride. Seemed really laid back and really enjoys performing...

The other group that opened was called Jonathan Singleton and the Grove. Its a group of 6 guys and they really rocked it out. They also sounded real good and I think we could hear them on the radio soon. Our crowd was really wound up and they just fed off of the energy. They said they have a single coming out today that if anyone calls up their radio to request it, it can be done. I'm going to search myspace soon and check it out so I can do that. I can't remember the name of the song, but I remember it was really good.

Eric Church and his band came out and just tore the place apart. Sang a couple of his older songs (These Boots, Two Pink Lines, Sinners Like Me, What I Almost Was, Pledge Allegiance to the Hag) And has some new stuff that he sang as well. Said they have a new Album coming out soon, which I plan on getting, a new video coming out this week as well, so keep your eyes open for it. Really a great showman as well I'm surprised he didn't collapse the stage with how much he was flying around up there. It was the first concert I ever went to and all I can say is that it was amazing. Another song he sang was "Young and Wild" or something like that, he also sang us the title song from the new album, "Caroline". Me and my buddy had a blast, and so did everyone there. When "These Boots" was one there were at least 20 pairs of boots in the air the whole time. Whenever "hat" or "beer" was mentioned, you can guess what was help up. 15 bucks to stand 20 feet away from the performers for a 3 hour show was a steal, and if any other artists I know come to this place again, I know I'll come back...

eaglesalltheway
03-23-2009, 10:40 AM
Can't find the Ashley Rae I saw last night on MySpace, but the snigle from Jonathan Singleton and the Grove is called "Livin in Paradise". Really good song, I recommend checking them out. Jonathan Singleton also mentioned last night he co-wrote the song "Watching Ariplanes" with Jim Beavers, a very prominenet country writer, and I'm sure those of you that listen to country already know it was a #1 Hit for Gary Allen Last year.

fischbowl
03-23-2009, 11:19 AM
Any of you ***** listen to the Avett Brothers?

eaglesalltheway
03-23-2009, 02:42 PM
To be honest, I've never even heard of them...

vikes_28
03-23-2009, 06:18 PM
i <3 country music. And no thats not a stereo-type since i live in SD. :D

fischbowl
03-23-2009, 08:02 PM
To be honest, I've never even heard of them...

7Wl4C7tWLHs

Very very good. Among my favourites but folk and cow punk is my genre.

jayceheathman
03-23-2009, 09:01 PM
Went to see Eric Church in concert last night, what a show!

He was opened by a woman about my age, maybe a little older (mid 20s), Ashley Rae. Really really good. I think we may be seeing and/or hearing from her in the future. Great singer and her songwriting is very good as well. The one song was called something like " Hurricanes": Asking why she always falls in love with guys that act like Hurricanes. Her voice is kind of like Miranda Lambert, just a little deeper and with a little more pissed off sound at times. Another thing helping her cause is she is really good looking as well. Kind of like a mix of Gretchen Wilson and Martina McBride. Seemed really laid back and really enjoys performing...

The other group that opened was called Jonathan Singleton and the Grove. Its a group of 6 guys and they really rocked it out. They also sounded real good and I think we could hear them on the radio soon. Our crowd was really wound up and they just fed off of the energy. They said they have a single coming out today that if anyone calls up their radio to request it, it can be done. I'm going to search myspace soon and check it out so I can do that. I can't remember the name of the song, but I remember it was really good.

Eric Church and his band came out and just tore the place apart. Sang a couple of his older songs (These Boots, Two Pink Lines, Sinners Like Me, What I Almost Was, Pledge Allegiance to the Hag) And has some new stuff that he sang as well. Said they have a new Album coming out soon, which I plan on getting, a new video coming out this week as well, so keep your eyes open for it. Really a great showman as well I'm surprised he didn't collapse the stage with how much he was flying around up there. It was the first concert I ever went to and all I can say is that it was amazing. Another song he sang was "Young and Wild" or something like that, he also sang us the title song from the new album, "Caroline". Me and my buddy had a blast, and so did everyone there. When "These Boots" was one there were at least 20 pairs of boots in the air the whole time. Whenever "hat" or "beer" was mentioned, you can guess what was help up. 15 bucks to stand 209 feet away from the performers for a 3 hour show was a steal, and if any other artists I know come to this place again, I know I'll come back...

Eric Church was our free concert performer for homecoming last year. This year was Pat Greene.

eaglesalltheway
04-01-2009, 07:18 AM
Eric Church was our free concert performer for homecoming last year. This year was Pat Greene.

Damn, wish I went to your HS. Ours doesn't do **** like that, if they did, it'd prolly be some pop **** though...

georgiafan
04-01-2009, 07:41 AM
I went to a Jamey Johnson concert last week and it was amazing. He sung for close to 2 hours. Even after he sung every song on his new CD. He said he was going to stay and play till he got tired and started covering some of the classics. It was very cool

eaglesalltheway
04-01-2009, 02:35 PM
I went to a Jamey Johnson concert last week and it was amazing. He sung for close to 2 hours. Even after he sung every song on his new CD. He said he was going to stay and play till he got tired and started covering some of the classics. It was very cool

Damn, that must have been a great experience. Such a great songwriter. I'd love to go to one of his concerts. His new album is great and some of his older songs are awesome as well. "Flying Silver Eagle" always puts a smile on my face. His new album has a buttload of just plain awesome songs. His voice is really good as well. One of my favorite artists...

georgiafan
04-01-2009, 02:55 PM
Damn, that must have been a great experience. Such a great songwriter. I'd love to go to one of his concerts. His new album is great and some of his older songs are awesome as well. "Flying Silver Eagle" always puts a smile on my face. His new album has a buttload of just plain awesome songs. His voice is really good as well. One of my favorite artists...

If your a fan of old school/traditonal country then you have to go check him out. The great thing was that he didn't spend time pumping his new single or upcoming CMT crossroads. He also didn't jump around the stage or spend time talking. He just stood still in the middle of the stage and sang one song after the next. As I said earlier he said this "They said I could play as long as I wanted to and thats what i'm going do. I'm going to play until I get tired and if yall don't like that then you can leave."

The coolest cover song he did was "Who's gonna fill there shoe's". When he sang "are the good times really over" he replaced it with Clinton lying to everyone on TV.

eaglesalltheway
05-29-2009, 03:15 PM
I'd recommend the Randy Rogers Band. I'm not sure how well known they are or if they're played outside Texas or the southwest but the couple of songs I've heard I've really liked. The most popular I guess are kiss me in the dark and one more goodbye.

MAJOR credit for this. Great, great recommendation, I bought their album about a week ago, and liked it so much I now have every song they've recorded, that I can find anyway. One of my favorite "new" groups. They've been around for a while, but haven't hit it big yet. I think we'll be hearing from them in the future, I really like almost every song I've heard, especially the ones you mentioned.

eaglesalltheway
05-29-2009, 03:30 PM
I got The Eli Young Band's CD, adn there are a bunch of songs that are really great, I think they should steadily gain popularity in the coming months and years. They kind of remind me a little bit of Rascal Flatts in terms of their look and sound.

I've heard things aobut Cross Canadien Ragweed on htis thread before I think. They're supposed to be coming to my area soon and was owndering if anybody knew more about them.

I'm gonna go check out an Eric Church show with a few of my buddies in March, I love his music and I know the show is gonna be great, and only 15 bucks for great tickets at a nice small place...

Reading through the thread, thats a prediction I think I've nailed so far...

eaglesalltheway
05-29-2009, 03:33 PM

I'm gonna check into them, I've seen a little bit of them, so i'm gonna check it out.

georgiafan
06-02-2009, 08:15 AM
Just saw Brantly Gilbert, Luke Bryan, and Jamey Johnson this weekend. Brantly wasn't good the music was to loud and you couldn't understand what he was saying and I knew the songs. He is a local so i doubt anyone has heard of him. His songs are good when you listen to them online just not live. Luke was good, but I wished he would have song more songs of his 1st CD. Jamey was amazing as always.

Willie Nelson and Jake Owen friday i'm going to try and go.

critesy
06-02-2009, 09:25 AM
sooo craven country jamboree is coming up, whose all going?

.. i am :D

MetSox17
06-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Keith Whitley is great.

That is all.

eaglesalltheway
06-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Just got Cross Canadian Ragweed recently, and they have two the the best songs ever. "Nymphomaniac" is one of those funny but so true songs. (Just off of the name you know its great) "Boys From Oklahoma" is amazing as well, two good songs that always get me in a good mood. Cross Canadian Ragweed is amazing, lots of great songs that I really like.

Darrell Worley is playing a free concert in a small Park near where I live on Saturday, so I'm going to go out and check that out.

eaglesalltheway
06-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Keith Whitley is great.

That is all.

That name sounds familiar to me, what does he sing?

Sniper
06-08-2009, 03:20 PM
EATW, Eric Church will be at Hershey Park June 21st. I might try to go.

MetSox17
06-08-2009, 03:21 PM
That name sounds familiar to me, what does he sing?

Country.

Lol, jk jk, he used to do bluegrass, then he started writing some bad ass songs for Country.. Then he drank himself to death. Great music he made. This is my favorite song of his.. this style is the type of country music i can never get enough of.

0tp_JzOkInw

eaglesalltheway
06-08-2009, 03:29 PM
I'm not sure if I've said it in this thread yet, but Gary Allan is a great, great country singer. I swear at least 10 of his songs are in my top tier of favorites. For whatever reason, his style, lyrics, and voice just work every time for me. His Greatest Hits album is one of the best albums I have, all 16 songs are incredible, and his two most recent Albums, every song on them I like. The only exception is "Watching Airplanes", I was never really into that song, but it was the most popular of his recently.

Also, Wide Open by Jason Aldean is a great album. Everyone knows "She's Country", and it is one of my favorites on the radio right now, even still, but there are great songs such as "Wide Open" This I Gotta See", "Fast", "Crazy Town", "On My Highway", "Big Green Tractor", "The Truth", pretty much the whole thing, lol.

Also, the Eli Young Band's earlier Albums are very good as well, tons of great songs on them. I'd list them, but it'd take forever.

I also got some of the Lost Trailers earlier songs, they have a heavier rock influence, but it works well and I really like some of the songs.

eaglesalltheway
06-08-2009, 03:32 PM
EATW, Eric Church will be at Hershey Park June 21st. I might try to go.

I just saw that when I was looking into Worley's concert in Alburtis. (Its at Lock Ridge Park, if you're familiar with it. I have no idea why it is there, seems really wierd, lol)

Any time Eric Church is remotely within driving distance, my friend and I will do everything possible to be there. His concert at Croc Rock was just amazing, he is easily one of my favorite artists, and he hasn't been around long at all.

eaglesalltheway
06-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Country.

Lol, jk jk, he used to do bluegrass, then he started writing some bad ass songs for Country.. Then he drank himself to death. Great music he made. This is my favorite song of his.. this style is the type of country music i can never get enough of.

0tp_JzOkInw

I knew he was an older guy, didn't realize he had died though. I was just too lazy to google it. (What has life become when you are too lazy to google...?)

MetSox17
06-08-2009, 03:51 PM
I knew he was an older guy, didn't realize he had died though. I was just too lazy to google it. (What has life become when you are too lazy to google...?)

Yep, died really young too. That old type of country is my favorite, not that big of a fan of the new age stuff.

eaglesalltheway
06-08-2009, 03:56 PM
Two singles jsut hitting the radio around me that I really like are
"I Want My Life Back" from Bucky Covington and
"Barefoot and Crazy" from Jack Ingram.

I laos got Jack Ingram's Album recently, This is It and that is a great, great album, I like his music a lot as well.

eaglesalltheway
06-08-2009, 03:58 PM
One song getting a lot of plays on CMT "Don't Wake Me" by Love and Theft...

What is up with it? It doesn't really seem country sounding at all. I like it because of the lyrics, but there really isn't anything country about it. What are people's opinions of it?

eaglesalltheway
06-10-2009, 03:59 PM

I listened to a couple of their songs, but am not real big into the bluegrass style of country.

I do really like the song "Murder in the city" though.

Do they have any other stuff similar to that, because I really like that song.

eaglesalltheway
06-19-2009, 06:22 PM
SV63XdAYNBc

4TKGxletEwc&feature=related

dokZrs_eHZk&NR=1

0S5xW-TMgc8&feature=related

This is the guy I had been talking about earlier in the thread. Hopefully, some of you guys will like these. "Man of Me" was used by Craig Morgan in his newest Album, but they switched up the lyrics a bit and re-named it "It Took a Woman". It is my favorite of the songs on that album, so take that for what its worth.

CJSchneider
06-19-2009, 06:24 PM
The youtube title says "Man out of me." That means he had a man in him, and that's just wrong.

eaglesalltheway
06-19-2009, 06:25 PM
The youtube title says "Man out of me." That means he had a man in him, and that's just wrong.

LOL.

Give it a listen, and you'll see its not the literal, more the figurative...

Edit:

Found another...
lfh7K4Fwg8c&feature=related

This is personally one of my favorites of his...

Double Edit: If you like these there are some more, but I don't want to fill up the page with videos.

yourfavestoner
06-19-2009, 07:23 PM
So when are we going to start calling country music by its appropriate name: redneck emo.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
06-19-2009, 08:15 PM
So when are we going to start calling country music by its appropriate name: redneck emo.

Some of it qualifies as redneck gangsta rap. I've noticed there's a lot of talk about alcohol and loose women in many country songs. Enough mention of weed, too. The only thing it lacks are things like talking about money(although I bet someone corrects me on that one), and pimped out cars(country musicians instead opt for pickups).

eaglesalltheway
06-19-2009, 11:18 PM
Some of it qualifies as redneck gangsta rap. I've noticed there's a lot of talk about alcohol and loose women in many country songs. Enough mention of weed, too. The only thing it lacks are things like talking about money(although I bet someone corrects me on that one), and pimped out cars(country musicians instead opt for pickups).

For the most part country artists stay away from money in their music. They allude to it in many songs, but it isn't as obvious as some rap. The rest is spot on though. Weed is mentioned all the time, especially in the lesser known artists it seems.

eaglesalltheway
06-20-2009, 10:24 PM
Actually SABF, one song that does mention money is Big and Rich's "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy".

Opening lyrics are...

Well I wlk into the room, passsin out hundred dollar bills
And it kills, it thrills, like the horns on my Silverado grill.

It isn't common, but it happens. That happens to be one of my favorite songs BTW.

Sniper
06-20-2009, 11:39 PM
L7gbtQSFz4Q&NR=1

My favorite song right now...

BoneKrusher
06-22-2009, 09:25 PM
i'm mainly a Classic Rock fan but i do like In Color by Jamey Johnson, the first country song i ever really liked.

eaglesalltheway
06-25-2009, 03:23 PM
L7gbtQSFz4Q&NR=1

My favorite song right now...

Great song... Have you heard the rest of his new album?

I just got a song that was released as a single. (Have both albums) The single is called "His Kinf of Money". Have you heard that? Really good song?

I know all the Eric Church lovers will love the song.

eaglesalltheway
06-25-2009, 03:26 PM
i'm mainly a Classic Rock fan but i do like In Color by Jamey Johnson, the first country song i ever really liked.

That is a great, great song, I'm a big fan of his. "High Cost of Living" is a song that I like, and if you like "In Color", you might like this, possibly. The country fans will probably like it a lot if they haven't heard it yet.

MetSox17
07-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Infinite +rep if you can find me a song i'm looking for. I neither know the artist, or the name of the song, but here's all the info i have.

It's a male singer, it's a very slow song, most likely about love and heartbreak, and one of the main lyrics is:

"just one last cigarette"

I've tried just about everything and i can't get the song. Googling won't do much help as i've done that already, but maybe one of you all know it off the top of your head.

eaglesalltheway
07-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Infinite +rep if you can find me a song i'm looking for. I neither know the artist, or the name of the song, but here's all the info i have.

It's a male singer, it's a very slow song, most likely about love and heartbreak, and one of the main lyrics is:

I've tried just about everything and i can't get the song. Googling won't do much help as i've done that already, but maybe one of you all know it off the top of your head.

Any other lyrics you can think of? I'm thinking of the song lyrics "back in this cigarette", but I'm drawing a blank on that song and singer as well.

TimD
07-05-2009, 11:24 AM

i just heard of them and i really like them. only thing country on my itunes.

MetSox17
07-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Any other lyrics you can think of? I'm thinking of the song lyrics "back in this cigarette", but I'm drawing a blank on that song and singer as well.

Nah, that's Jason Aldean. I have absolutely no idea who sings that song, or any other lyric of it. But i really wanna know what song it is! ****!

eaglesalltheway
07-05-2009, 04:19 PM
i just heard of them and i really like them. only thing country on my itunes.
I just started lsitening to some of their stuff. I like a few of their songs, really different than mainstream country for sure, but I like them.

eaglesalltheway
07-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Nah, that's Jason Aldean. I have absolutely no idea who sings that song, or any other lyric of it. But i really wanna know what song it is! ****!

I was thinking that too, I just wasn't quite sure...

critesy
07-08-2009, 04:34 PM
well im heading off to craven today... if you dont know what that is, you should be ashamed. 96 beer in 5 days of none stop drinking and partying. i'll be back. google it if youre not sure. be jealous.

eaglesalltheway
07-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Well this is for fisch...

I am absolutely in love with the Avett Brothers song "Talk on Indolence". I've listened to it countless times this week, including multiple threepeats of the song.

Sniper
07-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Finally "bought" the entire Eric Church "Sinners Like Me" album. I had heard most of the songs before, but it's a great album that flows really well.

eaglesalltheway
07-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Finally "bought" the entire Eric Church "Sinners Like Me" album. I had heard most of the songs before, but it's a great album that flows really well.

Truth... It is my favorite album, and it isn't that close. All the songs are amazing, and like you say, they flow well, some will almost lead you in to another, and then there are two in a row that show so much contrast and compliment eachother (i.e. "Pledge Allegiance to the Hag" followed by "Two Pink Lines") I have his second album as well, and it has those same qualities, though it isn't as good as what "Sinners Like Me" was for him, IMO, but that is tough to follow up with. It is a favorite of mine as well. I have yet to find an Eric Church song I will skip over. He is one of the few, if not only, artists that has never been skipped over by me.

Did you go to the concert in Hershey or not?

eaglesalltheway
07-08-2009, 09:27 PM
The name of the second album is "Carolina", if you didn't know already, and that song is great as well. i mentioned it before, but it is such a good song that it deserves being mentioned again, as is the case with all Eric Church songs.

fischbowl
07-08-2009, 11:40 PM
Well this is for fisch...

I am absolutely in love with the Avett Brothers song "Talk on Indolence". I've listened to it countless times this week, including multiple threepeats of the song.

My favourite song, being that I've actually done pretty everything in the song at one point or another

BRAVEHEART
07-09-2009, 01:09 AM
I Got A Bbq Stain On My White T-shirt.

TimD
07-09-2009, 11:01 AM
I just started lsitening to some of their stuff. I like a few of their songs, really different than mainstream country for sure, but I like them.

I think that's why I like them so much. I don't really like mainstream country. I'm considering going to buffalo for the avett brothers concert. Only a 6 and a half hour drive for a free concert

eaglesalltheway
07-10-2009, 12:00 AM
I think that's why I like them so much. I don't really like mainstream country. I'm considering going to buffalo for the avett brothers concert. Only a 6 and a half hour drive for a free concert

The more I've listened to music, the more I enjoy the "search" for music. I'd much rather listen to someone new who hasn't been heard of, or an up and comers earliest recordings (where they were still working on their sound, even) or basically anything you don't hear on the radio. I enjoy mainstream stuff a whole lot, but anything outside of it, if I enjoy it, it seems I get so much more enjoyment than from well-established artists. It is why I like Eric Church, Jack Ingram (he's beginning to be more recognized), The Eli Young Band (They will be big soon, I promise you), The Randy Rogers Band, Cross Canadian Ragweed (one of my favorite groups), and others so much more than guys like George Strait (weird saying it), Dierks Bently, Keith Urban, Rascal Flatts, Carrie Underwood, and other mainstream artists.

fischbowl
07-10-2009, 01:02 AM

Also in the greatest city in the world! Well it's home...I may go up, Thursday at the Square is awesome and with one of my favourite bands, even better

eaglesalltheway
07-11-2009, 12:34 AM
Also in the greatest city in the world! Well it's home...I may go up, Thursday at the Square is awesome and with one of my favourite bands, even better

Do they ever head out closer to PA? If they do, I might think about going...

MetSox17
07-19-2009, 08:31 AM

qM_2ogAxEms

/me gives MetSox17 +rep.

georgiafan
07-20-2009, 08:14 AM
Jamey Johnson's new single and CD is on the way

http://www.roughstock.com/audio/jamey-johnson-my-way-to-you

MetSox17
07-23-2009, 05:54 AM
This is my will. I want Country music at my funeral. Tell my family. Please hire the Randy Rogers band or Kevin Fowler.

Kthxbai

eaglesalltheway
07-23-2009, 10:25 PM
qM_2ogAxEms

/me gives MetSox17 +rep.

Randy Rogers Band covered it, which is probably why you heard it to bigein with, no?

They have rapidly become one of my favorite groups...

eaglesalltheway
07-23-2009, 10:30 PM
Jamey Johnson's new single and CD is on the way

http://www.roughstock.com/audio/jamey-johnson-my-way-to-you

Sweet, I'm a big fan of his, can't wait for his new stuff...

The_Dude
07-23-2009, 10:38 PM
Check out my friend's band "The Buzzard Brothers".

http://www.myspace.com/thebuzzardbrothers

I am not a fan of modern country music at all, but these guys aren't modern country... just listen to their song "White Trash". My favorites on the website are "Cigarettes and Beer" & "SOB". Great lyrics

I know that i am biased, because it is my friend's band... but these guys are awesome, except for the fact that the singer is using a fake southern accent

badgerbacker
07-23-2009, 10:39 PM
I'm going to Country Jam on Saturday in Eau Claire, WI. Jack Ingram, Neal McCoy, Sawyer Brown, and Gary Allan are all performing that day. Should be a pretty good show.

eaglesalltheway
07-23-2009, 10:59 PM
I'm going to Country Jam on Saturday in Eau Claire, WI. Jack Ingram, Neal McCoy, Sawyer Brown, and Gary Allan are all performing that day. Should be a pretty good show.

I'm a big fan of Jack Ingram and Gary Allan. that should be a great show. Sawyer Brown is supposed to be very good as well, I've just never gotten around to listening to them...

MetSox17
07-23-2009, 11:13 PM
Randy Rogers Band covered it, which is probably why you heard it to bigein with, no?

They have rapidly become one of my favorite groups...

No, that's the version i was looking for. In fact, Randy Rogers' version of it is kinda crappy. I do love me some Randy Rogers though, they regularly tour around Texas, so that's awesome. I get to see them often.

eaglesalltheway
07-25-2009, 11:06 AM
No, that's the version i was looking for. In fact, Randy Rogers' version of it is kinda crappy. I do love me some Randy Rogers though, they regularly tour around Texas, so that's awesome. I get to see them often.

Yeah, as soon as I saw the title on the thing I knew it from the Randy Rogers version. I knew I had heard the lyrics before, obvioulsy I just couldn't place it.

MetSox17
07-25-2009, 10:59 PM
Texas Country is the iiiissshhhhhhh.

eaglesalltheway
07-26-2009, 07:31 PM
Texas Country is the iiiissshhhhhhh.

It really is... I'm from PA, and pretty much any of the Texas Country I hear, I instantly love. Some of my favorite bands and artists are form Texas. Cross Canadian Ragweed, Randy Rogers Band, Eli Young Band, Jack Ingram, there is more, but those are the ones that stick out right now... And they are all different types of country, for whatever reason, all the Texas groups I like, lol.

eaglesalltheway
07-26-2009, 07:42 PM
Check out my friend's band "The Buzzard Brothers".

http://www.myspace.com/thebuzzardbrothers

I am not a fan of modern country music at all, but these guys aren't modern country... just listen to their song "White Trash". My favorites on the website are "Cigarettes and Beer" & "SOB". Great lyrics

I know that i am biased, because it is my friend's band... but these guys are awesome, except for the fact that the singer is using a fake southern accent

Defintiley like SOB, simply for the story alone, lol. But the lyrics were good and I liked the insturmentals...White Trach and Cigarettes and Beer were great too, but I like SOB the most, easily.

MetSox17
07-28-2009, 08:32 AM
It really is... I'm from PA, and pretty much any of the Texas Country I hear, I instantly love. Some of my favorite bands and artists are form Texas. Cross Canadian Ragweed, Randy Rogers Band, Eli Young Band, Jack Ingram, there is more, but those are the ones that stick out right now... And they are all different types of country, for whatever reason, all the Texas groups I like, lol.

Listen to Kevin Fowler. Awesome, awesome guy. I too love the RR and Eli Young bands.

eaglesalltheway
07-28-2009, 06:08 PM
Listen to Kevin Fowler. Awesome, awesome guy. I too love the RR and Eli Young bands.

Will definitely check into him...

MetSox17
07-29-2009, 08:17 PM
Will definitely check into him...
IM6UCk43js0
QdsplfldbSQ

internet-music
07-31-2009, 03:18 AM
Internet Radios are getting more popular as compared to other types of radios. You just need a phone/computer with an active internet connection.
Recently, I found a very interesting online radio, http://www.hkgfm.net which offers following benefits:-

a) No need to Download Software
b) 24-Hour Radio
c) Interesting sections for different types of music lovers such as
d) If you want you can install toolbar directly into the browser

- Today's Mix [Top Remixes]
- Classic Rewind [Classic Songs]
- Awesome 80s [Best Songs from the 80s]
- The 90s [Best collection of 80s songs]

eaglesalltheway
07-31-2009, 04:31 PM
IM6UCk43js0
QdsplfldbSQ

Great stuff, I've hear Long line of Losers, from Montgomery Gentry, but I love that song, as well as this first one, Hard Man to Love.

eaglesalltheway
07-31-2009, 04:32 PM
I listen to one of the country stations all the time when I'm on the internet, its become a set way of doing things for me, lol.

MetSox17
07-31-2009, 04:41 PM
Great stuff, I've hear Long line of Losers, from Montgomery Gentry, but I love that song, as well as this first one, Hard Man to Love.

I don't like the MG version of that song, it sounds kinda ***. Kevin Fowler wrote that song and released it himself, then MG came and ripped it off.

eaglesalltheway
07-31-2009, 04:48 PM
I don't like the MG version of that song, it sounds kinda ***. Kevin Fowler wrote that song and released it himself, then MG came and ripped it off.

Yeah, that's the biz though, you don't really posess your song until you are big, I do like Fowler's version more, and that is saying something, as I usually like what I hear first more. My friend, who I posted the vids of, had that happen with one of his songs. It sucks, but that's how it works.

DoughBoy
08-05-2009, 11:30 PM
Josh Turner and Anthony Hamilton- No where fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=linhNoMl0p4

Great ******* song.

YAYareaRB
08-06-2009, 01:16 AM
I love that song "Small Town USA" by Justin Moore.

YAYareaRB
08-13-2009, 10:40 AM
I worked a Marty Stuart concert last night. You wouldn't believe the drunk the girls there dude.

eaglesalltheway
08-14-2009, 02:39 PM
Josh Turner and Anthony Hamilton- No where fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=linhNoMl0p4

Great ******* song.

I'm a big Josh Turner fan, but I'm not really a big big fan of this song. I like it, but ti doesn't really stick out to me...

eaglesalltheway
08-14-2009, 02:40 PM
I love that song "Small Town USA" by Justin Moore.

Anyone who listens to country likes that song, it is one of the main themes of country, and its realy is a great song...

eaglesalltheway
08-14-2009, 02:41 PM
I worked a Marty Stuart concert last night. You wouldn't believe the drunk the girls there dude.

I would believe it, a lot of chicks like country nowadays...

MetSox17
08-14-2009, 02:51 PM
You all should come to concerts down here in Texas. Nothin' but daisy dukes and cowboy boots on smokin' hot chicks. It's amazing.

eaglesalltheway
08-14-2009, 02:53 PM
You all should come to concerts down here in Texas. Nothin' but daisy dukes and cowboy boots on smokin' hot chicks. It's amazing.

For the Eric Church Concert up here it was the same way. I can't wait until I go to the Brad Paisley and Dierks Bentley concert in a few weeks...

YAYareaRB
08-14-2009, 03:08 PM
There was girls just waiting to get backstage hahaha.. The only problem was the looks I was getting from some of the people. People were just staring at me like I was the one playing the music.

eaglesalltheway
08-14-2009, 03:09 PM
There was girls just waiting to get backstage hahaha.. The only problem was the looks I was getting from some of the people. People were just staring at me like I was the one playing the music.
How is that a problem, lol.

YAYareaRB
08-16-2009, 08:52 PM
How is that a problem, lol.

Well it was an outdoor concert with trees around. The looks gave me the vibe that if this were 50-60 years ago.. I'd be hanging out........in those trees.

T-RICH49
08-16-2009, 09:15 PM
I still can't believe Brooks and Dunn are calling it quits

eaglesalltheway
08-17-2009, 12:40 AM
Well it was an outdoor concert with trees around. The looks gave me the vibe that if this were 50-60 years ago.. I'd be hanging out........in those trees.

Oh, I gotcha, well luckily that isn'y a problem like it was back then...

eaglesalltheway
08-17-2009, 12:41 AM
I still can't believe Brooks and Dunn are calling it quits

In a way I'm surprised, but in another I kind of felt it coming. Their last album had a lot of the two diffrent personalities in it, which I loved. But the two started out as single artists, so I think they'll be fine.

DoughBoy
08-17-2009, 12:53 AM
I'm a big Josh Turner fan, but I'm not really a big big fan of this song. I like it, but ti doesn't really stick out to me...

Yeah it may not have great beat, But that being said I really cant find a Josh Turner or Brad Paisley that I dont think is epic.

eaglesalltheway
08-17-2009, 01:22 PM
Yeah it may not have great beat, But that being said I really cant find a Josh Turner or Brad Paisley that I dont think is epic.

I have a few artists that are like that for me, and those are two of them...

MetSox17
08-17-2009, 02:32 PM
Brooks and Dunn will forever be in my top five of country artists. Their longevity in the business speaks volumes of the product they put out. So many nights i spent just having a couple of beers and listening to their music non stop. They're going on tour in '10, i really hope i can catch one of their shows.

eaglesalltheway
08-17-2009, 03:04 PM
Brooks and Dunn will forever be in my top five of country artists. Their longevity in the business speaks volumes of the product they put out. So many nights i spent just having a couple of beers and listening to their music non stop. They're going on tour in '10, i really hope i can catch one of their shows.

Definitely would be a great show, and possibly one of the last opportunities to see them together. I would defintiely make a go for it if they are anywhere close to me. They will always be one of my favorites.

eaglesalltheway
08-17-2009, 03:07 PM
Just downloaded a bunch of songs, including Justin Moore's first album and a few more of his songs. He is legit. I really like all the songs so far, along with Smalltown USA, there is Back That Thing Up, I Could Kick Your Ass, Backwoods, Good Ole American Way,Grandpa, Redneck Side, How I Got to be This Way, and a few others that are really really good.

MetSox17
08-17-2009, 03:14 PM
Definitely would be a great show, and possibly one of the last opportunities to see them together. I would defintiely make a go for it if they are anywhere close to me. They will always be one of my favorites.

They've announced it will definitely be their last tour. Short of them doing a reunion tour sometime down the line (which is highly unlikely, given their age), this is pretty much the last time to see them live.

eaglesalltheway
08-19-2009, 12:21 PM
They've announced it will definitely be their last tour. Short of them doing a reunion tour sometime down the line (which is highly unlikely, given their age), this is pretty much the last time to see them live.

Oh ****, well then if they do come near me for this tour I will be sure to go. They've been a big part of what country music is today, and have helped it gain the popularity it has throughout these years.

eaglesalltheway
08-20-2009, 12:17 PM
I wish I lived in Texas so bad. I'm listening to Ray Wylie Hubbard and his songs are awesome...

MetSox17
09-24-2009, 06:05 PM
Tracy Lawrence tonight in my backyard! I'm already heading to a friend's place to drink before the concert. It's gonna be awesome!

MetSox17
09-25-2009, 12:34 PM
It was rainy and muddy everywhere, but the concert was awesome regardless. I got drunk and ate pizza at 4 in the morning. Now i'm pissed though cause all morning there has been noise at home and i haven't gotten a good night's sleep.

MetSox17
09-29-2009, 03:05 AM
From this past week. I was pretty close to the stage too.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f30/ejones00/l_caa1b805de8c4dc98d68f628aee65cbd.jpg

eaglesalltheway
09-29-2009, 12:27 PM
I found out Friday Night (the night of the concert) that Jamey Johnson was playing less than 10 minutes from my house. I feel like the Eagles won the Superbowl, and I never got the chance to see it...:(

jayceheathman
10-15-2009, 03:28 PM
Garth Brooks is coming out of retirement!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091015/ap_on_en_mu/us_people_garth_brooks;_ylt=Ai75AFj4Tb0srY4vets9Is hxFb8C;_ylu=X3oDMTJqYzE1Y3V0BGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMDkxMD E1L3VzX3Blb3BsZV9nYXJ0aF9icm9va3MEcG9zAzQEc2VjA3lu X21vc3RfcG9wdWxhcgRzbGsDZ2FydGhicm9va3Nz

T-RICH49
11-21-2009, 03:56 PM
UeiKg5jtAF8

heard this song the other day.might be one of my favorite Toby songs

Splat
12-10-2009, 06:47 PM
I have a family member that wants the latest Brad Paisley CD for Christmas and since I don't follow country music I don't know what it is called?

Plus rep for help.

Raiderz4Life
12-10-2009, 09:51 PM
ONly country I ever listen/listened to is/was all 3 Carrie Underwood albums like 2 Taylor Swift songs and like 3 songs from Lonestar lol

MetSox17
12-11-2009, 03:23 AM
To Splat: The new Album is called "American Saturday Night".

To Raiderz: Lonestar is/was the ****.

HawkeyeFan
12-11-2009, 03:28 AM
The last country album I couldn't stop playing was "The Foundation" by Zac Brown Band, just because I LOVE Chicken Fried.

My dad also got to drink and buy drinks, and have drinks bought by Trent Tomlinson. I'm jealous!

MetSox17
12-11-2009, 03:31 AM
The last country album I couldn't stop playing was "The Foundation" by Zac Brown Band, just because I LOVE Chicken Fried.

My dad also got to drink and buy drinks, and have drinks bought by Trent Tomlinson. I'm jealous!

Chicken Fried is a bad ass song, but so is "Whatever it is" and "Toes". I love me some Zac Brown Band.

HawkeyeFan
12-11-2009, 03:32 AM
Chicken Fried is a bad ass song, but so is "Whatever it is" and "Toes". I love me some Zac Brown Band.
The song is even better because I can relate to it, from when I'd go on the trails at my Uncles campground and sit up there with the family grilling burgers in the wilderness and drinkin' some beer on the ATVs.

God I miss those times, why can't life be that easy again?

Splat
12-11-2009, 09:14 AM
To Splat: The new Album is called "American Saturday Night".

Thanks sir.

MetSox17
02-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Gonna go get drunk in a bit, then gonna go to the Eli Young Band concert tonight. Yeeaaahhh.

eaglesalltheway
03-10-2010, 04:09 PM

That whole album is amazing, one of my favorites.

eaglesalltheway
03-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Gonna go get drunk in a bit, then gonna go to the Eli Young Band concert tonight. Yeeaaahhh.

Damn, I'm jealous. They're one of my favorite bands, and their song "Small Town Kid" is my favorite song.

jayceheathman
03-10-2010, 04:46 PM

I went to the Zac Brown Band's concert the other night and I thought it sucked. I like Whatever It Is and Highway 20 Ride, but Chicken Fried and Toes are just okay. I want to see Lady Antebellum, Brad Paisley, and Jason Aldean.

eaglesalltheway
03-10-2010, 05:02 PM
I went to the Zac Brown Band's concert the other night and I thought it sucked. I like Whatever It Is and Highway 20 Ride, but Chicken Fried and Toes are just okay. I want to see Lady Antebellum, Brad Paisley, and Jason Aldean.

Yes definitely. I love Toes, so I have to disagree with you there, unless you are talking about it at the concert.

MetSox17
03-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Zac Brown Band >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lady Antebellum.

Jason Aldean is a beast though, one of my favorite artists right now.

eaglesalltheway
03-10-2010, 05:06 PM
Zac Brown Band >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lady Antebellum.

Jason Aldean is a beast though, one of my favorite artists right now.

I like them both a lot, but Aldean's last album was incredible, lots of very memorasble songs on it, I think I mentioned it earlier in this thread actually, lol.

jayceheathman
03-10-2010, 05:11 PM
Yes definitely. I love Toes, so I have to disagree with you there, unless you are talking about it at the concert.

The only good part of the concert was the fact that it was cheap for a concert. In the seating chart they mentioned nothing of having a dance floor take up the first 40 yards around the stage. So I bought the second the pre-sale came out and got the 5th row on the floor. When I get there I find out I really have like the 50th row because the dance floor takes up all the space. Then Joey and Rorry, Nic Cowan, Sonia Leigh,and Levi Lowery sang over 2/3rds of the concert. Then to fill time, The Zac Brown Band sang Devil Went Down to Georgia and sang other songs that werent his. I ended up paying to have not as great of seats as expected and then ended up hearing the local bands from Georgia way more than anything else. They werent even good either. Zac Brown didnt even seem too happy to meet anyone that stayed so long after the concert to meet everyone and get autographs. He was just pushing everyone along and wouldnt even thank you for coming out. He would just give you a glare and push your autograph away......I think Toes is okay but my favorite song is Whatever It Is. Highway 20 Ride took a little while but it grew on me the more I heard it.

eaglesalltheway
03-10-2010, 05:19 PM
The only good part of the concert was the fact that it was cheap for a concert. In the seating chart they mentioned nothing of having a dance floor take up the first 40 yards around the stage. So I bought the second the pre-sale came out and got the 5th row on the floor. When I get there I find out I really have like the 50th row because the dance floor takes up all the space. Then Joey and Rorry, Nic Cowan, Sonia Leigh,and Levi Lowery sang over 2/3rds of the concert. Then to fill time, The Zac Brown Band sang Devil Went Down to Georgia and sang other songs that werent his. I ended up paying to have not as great of seats as expected and then ended up hearing the local bands from Georgia way more than anything else. They werent even good either......I think Toes is okay but my favorite song is Whatever It Is. Highway 20 Ride took a little while but it grew on me the more I heard it.

I like Whatever It Is a lot, as well as Highway 20 ride, but I like that whole album, so I would have been a happy panda. I like listening to lesser known bands, so I'd probably enjoy that too, honestly, as long as they weren't garbage.

jayceheathman
03-10-2010, 05:27 PM
I like Whatever It Is a lot, as well as Highway 20 ride, but I like that whole album, so I would have been a happy panda. I like listening to lesser known bands, so I'd probably enjoy that too, honestly, as long as they weren't garbage.

I wouldnt mind listening to lesser known bands for a little while but not for the whole concert when I paid to see The Zac Brown Band. The only okay one of them was Sonia Leigh. The others sucked in my opinion. Plus, in most concerts the entertainer will move around and get into their music but Zac Brown just stood at the same mic and didnt move. My favorite concert so far, although its not country music, has been Trans Siberian Orchestra. It was awesome.

eaglesalltheway
03-10-2010, 05:35 PM

Did you see the Avett Brothers song "Head Full of Doubt/Road Full of Promise" was on during the advertisement for the TNT show Saving Grace? Did yo also hear their album I and Love and You was #1 of all albums released in '09? That is another very good album. I like a bunch of their music.

eaglesalltheway
03-10-2010, 05:36 PM
I wouldnt mind listening to lesser known bands for a little while but not for the whole concert when I paid to see The Zac Brown Band. The only okay one of them was Sonia Leigh. The others sucked in my opinion. Plus, in most concerts the entertainer will move around and get into their music but Zac Brown just stood at the same mic and didnt move. My favorite concert so far, although its not country music, has been Trans Siberian Orchestra. It was awesome.

Two of my friends went to a TSO concert a few years ago and still talk about it. I've heard lots of great things about them.

jayceheathman
03-10-2010, 05:38 PM
I like them both a lot, but Aldean's last album was incredible, lots of very memorasble songs on it, I think I mentioned it earlier in this thread actually, lol.

Jason Aldean has a lot of really good songs. I like She's Country, Why, Johnny Cash, and Hicktown the most. Big Green Tractor is probably next on the list. Truth is starting to be way overplayed. My favorite song by Lady Antebellum is probably American Honey.

jayceheathman
03-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Two of my friends went to a TSO concert a few years ago and still talk about it. I've heard lots of great things about them.

It was amazing and worth the high ticket price. They have a Spring Tour but I dont know if that will be as good since they booked all of the events at little theaters instead of stadiums. They arent going to do their incredible set this time around I guess. My friend worked for the audio company that was hired to put the equipment up for TSO and he said they had 22 eighteen wheelers full of stuff just from the set. It took them 5 hours to tear down everything.

eaglesalltheway
03-10-2010, 06:10 PM
Jason Aldean has a lot of really good songs. I like She's Country, Why, Johnny Cash, and Hicktown the most. Big Green Tractor is probably next on the list. Truth is starting to be way overplayed. My favorite song by Lady Antebellum is probably American Honey.

Those are some of my favorite songs by Aldean, but here are some more off his last album.

"This I gotta See"- A favorite song of mine
"Wide Open"-Another favorite
"Crazy Town"
"Love Was Easy"
"On My Highway"
"Keep the Girl"

Excpet for "Crazy Town", I could see all those songs on the radio soon after "The Truth" gets its time. I highly suggest going over his previous albums too, lots of songs that didn't reach popularity that are VERY good.

Also, another song I've heard that hasn't, and probably won't, get popular is "The Call" by Matt Kennon. Terrific song, nother favorite.

Not sure if I mentioned it before, but "Cattleman's Gun" by Dean Brody is another favorite song of mine, probably #2 behind "Small Town Kid". Cattleman's Gun is like a movie I can play in my head, great song.

As I was typing this post, "Hicktown" came up on my Itunes... lol

CJSchneider
03-10-2010, 06:42 PM
EYGwxf1gCC4

My grandfather passed away just over a year ago.

I heard this song coming home today and was in tears driving down the highway.