PDA

View Full Version : The ACC Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

SuperKevin
06-17-2008, 09:47 AM
I realized that I don't think there is an ACC Discussion thread in here. Anyway. What's everyone's opinion on the ACC this year? I think the ACC has the most talent on the defensive line of any of the conferences. I mean look at these guys

Michael Johnson DE Georgia Tech
Everette Brown DE Florida State
Ricky Sapp and DeQuan Bowers DE Clemson
Vance Walker DT Georgia Tech
Vince Oghobasse DT Duke
Marvin Austin DT UNC
BJ Raji and Ron Brace DT Boston College

I'm sure I'm leaving out a few guys too. Overall that's a lot of very talented defensive linemen and should lead to some interesting battles for 1st team All-ACC

SuperKevin
06-17-2008, 11:46 AM
My Preseason All ACC Team

QB- Cullen Harper Clemson
RB- James Davis Clemson
RB- Javarrus James Miami
WR-Darrius Heyward-Bey Maryland
WR-Aaron Kelly Clemson
TE- Anthony Hill NC State
OT- Andrew Gardner Georgia Tech
OT- Eugene Monroe Virginia
OG- Sergio Render Virginia Tech
OG- Curtis Crouch NC State
OC- Ryan McMahon Florida State

DE- Michael Johnson Georgia Tech
DE- Everette Brown Florida State
DT- Vince Oghobasse Duke
DT- Marvin Austin UNC
LB- Dave Philistin Maryland
LB- Aaron Curry Wake Forest
LB- Brian Toal Boston College
CB- Macho Harris Virginia Tech
CB- Alphonso Smith Wake Forest
S- Michael Hamlin Clemson
S- Myron Rolle Florida State

K and P- Sam Swank Wake Forest
KR-CJ Spiller Clemson
PR- Jacoby Ford Clemson

Sniper
06-17-2008, 12:10 PM
I know Michael Johnson is TEH ROCKZORZ on this site, but I'm taking a wait and see approach with him. All the physical tools, yes, but only 21 tackles and 4 sacks makes me want to wait a bit on him.

I think DaQuan Bowers is going to be a stud. He tore it up in the Clemson spring game. I think him and Sapp went to the same HS. That's a nightmare for a college OL, let alone a HS one.

SuperKevin
06-17-2008, 12:14 PM
I know Michael Johnson is TEH ROCKZORZ on this site, but I'm taking a wait and see approach with him. All the physical tools, yes, but only 21 tackles and 4 sacks makes me want to wait a bit on him.

I think DaQuan Bowers is going to be a stud. He tore it up in the Clemson spring game. I think him and Sapp went to the same HS. That's a nightmare for a college OL, let alone a HS one.

I agree Bowers is going to be a stud.

Some more quality DL i forgot to add to the list are Clemson DT Dorrell Scott and NC State DE Willie Young(Manny Lawson 2.0)

draftguru151
06-17-2008, 01:16 PM
Darryl Richards from GT is pretty good as well. That DL should be scary next year.

I'll give an all ACC team a shot.
QB- Cullen Harper
RB- James Davis
RB- Graig Cooper/Javarris James/Jonathan Dwyer
TE- Ryan Purvis
WR- Aaron Kelly
WR- Hakeem Nicks
OL- Eugene Monroe
OL- Andrew Gardner
OL- Jason Fox
OL- Sergio Render
C- Edwin Williams

DL- Everette Brown
DL- Michael Johnson
DL- Ricky Sapp
DL- Vance Walker
LB- Clint Sintim
LB- Aaron Curry
LB- Dave Philstin
CB- Alphonso Smith
CB- Macho Harris
S- Michael Hamlin
S- Myron Rolle/Kam Chancellor

TACKLE
06-17-2008, 02:17 PM
The guy to look out for is Allen Bailey, DE from the U. He is an absolute physical speciment at 6'4 287. He was recruited as an LB and is listed as an LB on Miami website but he is going to play DE. Bailey has the ability to be one of the top DE's in college football if his ability can translate into production.

http://hurricanesports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/bailey_allen00.html

draftguru151
06-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Bailey tore his pectoral muscle right after spring practice working out so he might not be ready for the beginning of the season. I haven't seen an update on that in a while though so we'll see.

Definitely right though, he is a freak, had a 38.5 inch vert at 286 pounds. Really can't wait to see him play next year.

BigJohn98
06-19-2008, 01:57 PM
Florida State will do their 40 yard dash testing today at 4:30. Two players ran there's yesterday. Antone Smith ran a 4.39 and Budd Thacker ran a 5.09.

djp
06-19-2008, 02:41 PM
Florida State will do their 40 yard dash testing today at 4:30. Two players ran there's yesterday. Antone Smith ran a 4.39 and Budd Thacker ran a 5.09.

Who won that game in your avatar?

Anyways, I think the ACC is going to be alot better than it's been in previous years. It's recruited well as of late.

BamaFalcon59
06-19-2008, 02:50 PM
Jason Worilds, a defensive end for Virginia Tech., will have double digit sacks.

BigJohn98
06-19-2008, 03:33 PM
Here are the final 40 times for FSU:

Bert Reed- 4.32, 4.38, and 4.34
Mister Alexander- 4.43
Kevin McNeil- 4.7
Brandon Paul- 4.49 and 4.34
Kenny Ingram- 4.64
Cameron Wade- 4.69
Dekota Watson- 4.48
Nigel Bradham- 4.64 and 4.52
Tony Carter- 4.32, 4.38, and 4.31
Vince Williams- 4.76
Neefy Moffett-4.59
Toddrick Verdell- 4.68
Maurice Harris- 4.62
EJ Manuel- 4.66, 4.62, and 4.61
Taiwan Easterling- 4.52
Patrick Robinson- 4.4, 4.36, and 4.25
Preston Parker- 4.42
Rod "Old School" Owens- 4.42 and 4.4
Ochuko Jenjie- 4.43
Nigel Carr- 4.71
Terrance Parks- 4.46
Jamie Robinson- 4.52 and 4.47
Christian Ponder- 4.62
Myron Rolle- 4.69 and 4.58
Everette Brown- 4.63 and 4.58
Sedrick Halloway- 4.93 and 4.92
Joe Surratt- 4.99
Caz Piurowski- 4.71

Don Vito
06-19-2008, 03:43 PM
I think BC is being overlooked again. They did lose a lot of talent, but with Toal coming back I think this defense could be one of the best in the conference. The DL and LB will be amazing, but I think the two most important things will be if the young DBs will step up and will Chris Crane step up. I'm hearing good things about Crane so far, but we'll wait and see whe the season comes. I am confident that Josh Haden will be able to handle the load as a freshman at RB.

TACKLE
06-19-2008, 04:49 PM
Here are some 40 times so far for FSU:

*updated*

Bert Reed- 4.32, 4.38, and 4.34
Mister Alexander- 4.43
Kevin McNeil- 4.7
Brandon Paul- 4.49 and 4.34
Kenny Ingram- 4.64
Cameron Wade- 4.69
Dekota Watson- 4.48
Nigel Bradham- 4.64 and 4.52
Tony Carter- 4.32, 4.38, and 4.31
Vince Williams- 4.76
Neefy Moffett-4.59
Toddrick Verdell- 4.68
Maurice Harris- 4.62
EJ Manuel- 4.66, 4.62, and 4.61
Taiwan Easterling- 4.52
Patrick Robinson- 4.4, 4.36, and 4.25
Preston Parker- 4.42
Rod "Old School" Owens- 4.42 and 4.4
Ochuko Jenjie- 4.43
Nigel Carr- 4.71
Terrance Parks- 4.46
Jamie Robinson- 4.52
Christian Ponder- 4.62
Myron Rolle- 4.69 and 4.58
Everette Brown- 4.63

Not trying to hate on Rolle but with a time like that, I don't see him coming out early.

BigJohn98
06-19-2008, 04:54 PM
Not trying to hate on Rolle but with a time like that, I don't see him coming out early.

The coaches are treating him like a senior, so I think he's leaving. He does have time to improve on his 40, though. He could just move to linebacker in the NFL.

Hokie_Pokie08
06-22-2008, 02:13 PM
The coaches are treating him like a senior, so I think he's leaving. He does have time to improve on his 40, though. He could just move to linebacker in the NFL.

i truly think that is his best move. i think he can be a pretty good weakside backer.

Cigaro
06-23-2008, 12:32 PM
CENTRAL — Clemson defensive back DeAndre McDaniel has been released on a $5,000 personal recognizance bond following his arrest Saturday by Central police for assaulting his girlfriend at University Village apartments.

McDaniel, a rising sophomore recently moved to linebacker, was charged with assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature. If convicted, he faces up to 10 years in prison on the misdemeanor charge.

http://www.upstatetoday.com/news/2008/jun/23/clemson-football-player-arrested/

Former Rivals100 player. If this actually did occur, he'll most likely be booted from the team, and Clemson will be down another linebacker.

SuperKevin
07-04-2008, 04:11 AM
Clemson better hope to win the ACC this year because rumors have it that WR/KR Jacoby Ford, DE Ricky Sapp, RB CJ Spiller, and CB Chris Chancellor are all already weighing their draft options for 2009. Add in graduating seniors QB Cullen Proctor, RB James Davis, WR Aaron Kelly, DT Dorrell Scott, and both starting safties. The 2009 football season could be rough for Clemson

Cigaro
07-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Former Rivals100 player. If this actually did occur, he'll most likely be booted from the team, and Clemson will be down another linebacker.

Well the all great family school, as Bowden preaches it to recruits, decided to pass on any decision, despite there being obvious proof the attack did happen(it wasn't just the girlfriend saying stuff, she had to be treated at the hospital for numerous injuries). Now it's up to Bowden himself to decide what will happen until his trial, which most likely means nothing is gonna happen for a while.

You must remember, Bowden is the coach who despite testing positive on the breathalyzer, would not suspend Courtney Vincent until his trial, which happened to be after the bowl game against Auburn, where without Vincent, they would have been extremely thin at linebacker.

Cigaro
07-04-2008, 10:14 AM
Clemson better hope to win the ACC this year because rumors have it that WR/KR Jacoby Ford, DE Ricky Sapp, RB CJ Spiller, and CB Chris Chancellor are all already weighing their draft options for 2009. Add in graduating seniors QB Cullen Proctor, RB James Davis, WR Aaron Kelly, DT Dorrell Scott, and both starting safties. The 2009 football season could be rough for Clemson

Wake Forest will win the Coastal division, just watch. They have comparable talent, and much, much better coaching. Tommy Bowden took a Clemson team in 2006 with comparable talent to his team now, and couldn't win the ACC, let alone division, despite that being on of the weakest years in terms of talent on opposing teams.

SuperKevin
07-04-2008, 10:35 AM
Wake Forest will win the Coastal division, just watch. They have comparable talent, and much, much better coaching. Tommy Bowden took a Clemson team in 2006 with comparable talent to his team now, and couldn't win the ACC, let alone division, despite that being on of the weakest years in terms of talent on opposing teams.

I agree that Wake Forest will probably win due to coaching. They don't have the explosive of players on offense that Clemson has but their scheme makes up for it.

SuperKevin
07-09-2008, 04:08 AM
FSU lost starting LG Evan Bellamy for the season due to a blod clot in his leg

Matthew Jones
07-18-2008, 09:24 AM
Here's what I'm thinking as a B.C. Eagles fan:

Win at Kent State
Loss vs. Georgia Tech
Win vs. UCF
Win vs. Rhode Island
Loss at North Carolina St.
Loss vs. Virginia Tech
Win at North Carolina
Loss vs. Clemson
Loss vs. Notre Dame
Loss at Florida St.
Loss at Wake Forest
Win vs. Maryland

That comes out to 6-6. I could also see them losing to North Carolina and/or Maryland, and potentially beating Clemson. So, anywhere from 4-8 to 7-5 seems about right. Does this seem like a reasonable prediction to you guys?

Don Vito
07-18-2008, 02:58 PM
Here's what I'm thinking as a B.C. Eagles fan:

Win at Kent State
Loss vs. Georgia Tech
Win vs. UCF
Win vs. Rhode Island
Loss at North Carolina St.
Loss vs. Virginia Tech
Win at North Carolina
Loss vs. Clemson
Loss vs. Notre Dame
Loss at Florida St.
Loss at Wake Forest
Win vs. Maryland

That comes out to 6-6. I could also see them losing to North Carolina and/or Maryland, and potentially beating Clemson. So, anywhere from 4-8 to 7-5 seems about right. Does this seem like a reasonable prediction to you guys?

I think they will be able to pull of at the very least 7 wins. Year in and year out they manage to do so despite with less talent than most teams they play. The defense will be one of the best in the conference, there is just a lot of questions on the offesnive side of the ball.

504 to ATL
08-04-2008, 05:39 AM
GT officially have one of, if not the worst uniforms in College Football now.

http://img.coxnewsweb.com/B/01/22/73/image_7373221.jpg

fenikz
08-04-2008, 06:14 AM
GT officially have one of, if not the worst uniforms in College Football now.

http://img.coxnewsweb.com/B/01/22/73/image_7373221.jpg

wow it's like **** mustard yellow, it's supposed to be old gold like purdue, vandy or wake, something got screwed up

http://sitemason.vanderbilt.edu/files/cqdW12/JayCutler.gif/main.gif

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/peter_king/04/28/five.things.part1/p1_calvin_johnson_rosato.jpg
what was wrong with these?

BigJohn98
08-04-2008, 06:39 AM
I dunno. Virginia Tech's new uniforms are pretty ugly.

http://www.beamerball.com/2008photos/uni7.jpg

BamaFalcon59
08-04-2008, 08:59 AM
They will look better after we win the ACC.

neko4
08-04-2008, 09:04 PM
The away ones look pretty cool.

Anyone here an FSU fan?

BamaFalcon59
08-04-2008, 10:02 PM
BigJohn I think his name is, is a FSU fan.

vatech=accdomination
08-11-2008, 11:04 PM
these new uniforms are ugly as crap

SeanTaylorRIP
08-15-2008, 06:49 PM
I think UVA has an outside chance to be a 7-8 win team, although everything is dependent on the QB spot. Poor QB play can easily make this a 3-4 win team. They won the ACC Coastal last year but lost Chris Long as well as Branden Albert, and about 50 players were kicked out of school including Jefferey Fitzgerald, but I still think this team is solid. Jameel Sewell is a huge loss as I am not a big Peter Lalich fan at all. He has a gun but is very inaccurate, physically weak, and mentally I don't think he's there yet. But I do think UVA could challenge Clemson for the top running game in the conference. Up front they are impressive and Eugene Monroe is a monster, wayy better than Branden Albert. Although interior line worries me. Cedric Peerman was the top rusher in the ACC last season until he got hurt after the 5th game. He already had 585 yards and 5 TD's on 5.2 ypc. Then Mickell Simpson stepped up the second half and was a monster. He had 580 yards and 8 TD's as well as 402 yards receiving and 2 TD's in only 5 games. He will be utilized in a "Reggie Bush" type role this year. Then there is the big bruiser Keith Payne, was treated for his illness last year and big things are expected from him. It's not often you find a 6-4" 243 pound HB who runs a 4.49 forty. He just needs to get his pads lower as he runs high like Brandon Jacobs or Eddie George. Kevin Oggletree is back from missing all of last year and we always have good TE's. Haven't seen anything from Darrell Green's son yet at wideout but I heard he has jets, and is 6-2". On defense we lost a lot but still have a lot. We have arguably the best LB's in the conference in Jon Copper, Antonio Applebee, and Clint Sintim, and they have all played together for a while now. The secondary and d-line are suspect, although I like Dowling and Womack. Again this team could be a 1 win team or a 7 win team if all goes right.

BamaFalcon59
08-15-2008, 09:48 PM
I think UVA has an outside chance to be a 7-8 win team, although everything is dependent on the QB spot. Poor QB play can easily make this a 3-4 win team. They won the ACC Coastal last year but lost Chris Long as well as Branden Albert, and about 50 players were kicked out of school including Jefferey Fitzgerald, but I still think this team is solid. Jameel Sewell is a huge loss as I am not a big Peter Lalich fan at all. He has a gun but is very inaccurate, physically weak, and mentally I don't think he's there yet. But I do think UVA could challenge Clemson for the top running game in the conference. Up front they are impressive and Eugene Monroe is a monster, wayy better than Branden Albert. Although interior line worries me. Cedric Peerman was the top rusher in the ACC last season until he got hurt after the 5th game. He already had 585 yards and 5 TD's on 5.2 ypc. Then Mickell Simpson stepped up the second half and was a monster. He had 580 yards and 8 TD's as well as 402 yards receiving and 2 TD's in only 5 games. He will be utilized in a "Reggie Bush" type role this year. Then there is the big bruiser Keith Payne, was treated for his illness last year and big things are expected from him. It's not often you find a 6-4" 243 pound HB who runs a 4.49 forty. He just needs to get his pads lower as he runs high like Brandon Jacobs or Eddie George. Kevin Oggletree is back from missing all of last year and we always have good TE's. Haven't seen anything from Darrell Green's son yet at wideout but I heard he has jets, and is 6-2". On defense we lost a lot but still have a lot. We have arguably the best LB's in the conference in Jon Copper, Antonio Applebee, and Clint Sintim, and they have all played together for a while now. The secondary and d-line are suspect, although I like Dowling and Womack. Again this team could be a 1 win team or a 7 win team if all goes right.

Virginia Tech..

BigJohn98
08-15-2008, 11:08 PM
The away ones look pretty cool.

Anyone here an FSU fan?

You rang???

Hokie_Pokie08
08-15-2008, 11:59 PM

and he deals pot so he is pretty much at risk of getting kicked off the team if he were ever to get caught.

islandboy843
08-16-2008, 03:04 PM
FTW

Look Down

504 to ATL
08-16-2008, 03:13 PM
what the heck is your avatar from, those kids are flying like rag dolls.

cjw225
08-18-2008, 04:23 AM
Hi ,

I agree Bowers is going to be a stud.

Some more quality DL i forgot to add to the list are Clemson DT Dorrell Scott and NC State DE Willie Young(Manny Lawson 2.0)

iworshipbender
08-18-2008, 05:02 AM
I dunno. Virginia Tech's new uniforms are pretty ugly.

http://www.beamerball.com/2008photos/uni7.jpg

http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics18/640/VX/VXNXUUFAHVTVSUV.20070427201802.jpg

When you see it you'll **** bricks

DiG
08-22-2008, 03:41 AM
damn those vtech unis are awful. the oregon state ones are worse though.

dont sleep on my terps this year boys!

toonsterwu
08-24-2008, 01:06 AM
some random uva comments:

let's see -

I think most people are anticipating that UVA will get blown out by USC. Some reasons why it might not be a blow out:

a) They catch USC offense at the right time - the beginning. This is a USC team that should get better as the season progresses. That said, new QB, new OL. For a UVA defense that is doing some revamping, playing them now is probably much better than playing them later.

b) UVA's DL is big ... for college football. The DL is going to be a bit raw this year, likely getting better as the season progresses. That's just how it's going to be when you lose a Chris Long and Jeffrey Fitzgerald. But it's big and strong, and it'll likely two-gap a lot more to free up the veteran linebackers. Gottschalk has loads of tools to work with and is probably the guy to watch to see if he can develop into a stud. Everyone seems excited about Matt Conrath and Zane Parr, guys who down the line could develop into legitimate NFL 3-4 DE candidates. Nick Jenkins could be a solid backup to the middle. Against a new DL, UVA's length and size, out of a thirty front, could present some intrigue.

c) Yes, Brian and Rey deserve a lot of acclaim. They are good, two potential first rounders. Over on the other side, though, UVA has some quality LB's themselves. If the rumored times on Clint Sintim are true, he could emerge as a first day type of OLB if he has a big year. Appleby could be a top 4 round draft pick. Jon Copper offers up an interior guy to suck things up, the type of guy that won't be a big time player in the pros, but may carve out a niche for himself on a Belichick/Parcells tree as a hardworking, team guy (think Izzo). Clark's a solid veteran. Depth is a question, but the starters are fine. If the DL can hold and free up the LB's to attack, UVA can cause some damage. I expect different types of blitz packages, and often, from UVA early on against this raw USC line.

c) Big, physical corners. The safeties are a bit of a concern, as Woods is still learning the position really, and Glaspy is steady, but nothing special. That said, the corners offer a lot of athletic ability. Dowling has big time pro possibilities if he develops, Mike Parker/Chase Minnifield/Dom Joseph offer size and athleticism. Vic Hall is the smallest guy, but he might be the best athlete of the bunch and might have the best instincts right now. If Mark Sanchez is off early on, there's size here to challenge any mistake passes.

Keys for UVA defense: Individually - it's Clint Sintim. He's the one pass rush force on this defense. But for UVA to win, they'll need their DL to hold the fort, allowing Sintim to attack, allowing the LB's to contain the RB's, and buying time for the secondary.

d) Eugene Monroe and Will Barker - Arguably one of the top tackle tandems in the country, the team is going to lean on them this year. Barker needs to have better footwork from last year, but the athleticism is there. I like him better than Brad Butler from a few years ago. Monroe is going to be asked to nullify the top pass rushers ... and if he can do it, the whole UVA offense has a better chance, as it allows the interior guys time. Particularly in this first game, where the USC interior will cause havoc.

e) The Spread - in an odd twist, Lalich has been the guy the program has needed at the helm for awhile, the passer to give the offense balance. That said, bringing in Spread packages would've really helped Sewell develop. Lalich can thrive in spread looks, though, and it'll buy the young OL time. Add in the versatility of Peerman and Simpson, and UVA can move into spread looks a lot.

f) The return of Kevin Ogletree - Two years ago, he was on his way to enhancing his pro stock. His loss last year hurt UVA deeply, as he was a big target that offered legitimate downfield speed (Now, I don't buy the 4.3 rumors ... but 4.4 was possible). Does he have all his speed back? The rumors are yes, and if so, here's a big, downfield threat to spread things open for guys like John Phillips.

g) A strong running game - Peerman/Simpson/Jackson is a nice trio and, if healthy, offers UVA a lot of diversity in the run game. Simpson will be tough for most guys to match up with on the edges, and he could be a great weapon. Payne and Millen offer two young runners that might play a role. The OL is big, with only Jack Shields under 300 but adding weight rapidly (okay, whether or not he can keep the weight on is certainly a big question).

h) Big, safe targets - UVA values TE's, and John Phillips is a solid player that has been waiting for a shot. Not going to stretch teams like Tom Santi, but he has the big safe hands. Joe Torchia has loads of upside and could become a great TE at UVA. Covington, Ogletree, Inman offer big targets. For a young QB, that's nice.

i) Peter Lalich - Say what you want about him, but this is the QB the program has needed, the QB with the potential passing acumen to push things forward rather than the stuck in neutral feel that we had for a few years. Hagans and Sewell were solid, but their limitations meant that our offenses had to adapt.

In saying all this, I don't expect UVA to win. Keep it close? I think that could happen ... as it's the right time to face USC. Only time will tell. The goal is to end the year with around 7-8 wins and build for next year. That's going to be tough, but I think it's doable, 7 moreso than 8. This is a team building towards 2009-2010. The final 5-6 games will be tough on this young squad.

SchizophrenicBatman
08-24-2008, 01:30 AM
I dont care how bad we'll be this year, this man has saved us from Pick Six and for that the season is a success

http://cdn3.libsyn.com/packpride/2008SpringGame/Wilson1.jpg

SuperKevin
08-26-2008, 01:46 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3554267

Virginia Tech is redshirting Tyrod Taylor this year and naming Sean Glennon the uncontested starting QB. Two things could happen. 1. Sean Glennon could play amazingly and turn himself into a mid round pick in the NFL Draft. 2. Virginia Tech could miss a bowl game

Hokie_Pokie08
08-26-2008, 01:55 PM

Virginia Tech is redshirting Tyrod Taylor this year and naming Sean Glennon the uncontested starting QB. Two things could happen. 1. Sean Glennon could play amazingly and turn himself into a mid round pick in the NFL Draft. 2. Virginia Tech could miss a bowl game

I think I just heard a collective exhale of breath from opposing coaches on VT's schedule. It is so much easier to gameplan for Glennon than it is to figure out how you will play against Tyrod. Beamer has entered the same senile old man territory that Paterno and Bowden are in (except that he doesn't have a NC).

vatech=accdomination
08-26-2008, 02:26 PM
Worse possible decision, they pretty much just asked every team they play to stack the box and make Glennon throw on them with the 2 freshman starting wide receivers. I am sick and tired of O'Cains ********, SG7 is a practice all-star, and does nothing in the form of playing composed. Tyrod did just as good passing in the scrimmages, and had about a million more rushing yards. I get the feeling they are trying to relive the pressure off Glennon a la Randall in'04, but they are not even close to the same type of player. I know ultimately this was Tyrod and his families decision, but how long is it going to be before Glennon goes back to his old ways.

etk
08-26-2008, 04:06 PM
Well the all great family school, as Bowden preaches it to recruits, decided to pass on any decision, despite there being obvious proof the attack did happen(it wasn't just the girlfriend saying stuff, she had to be treated at the hospital for numerous injuries). Now it's up to Bowden himself to decide what will happen until his trial, which most likely means nothing is gonna happen for a while.

You must remember, Bowden is the coach who despite testing positive on the breathalyzer, would not suspend Courtney Vincent until his trial, which happened to be after the bowl game against Auburn, where without Vincent, they would have been extremely thin at linebacker.

McDaniel bagged her head, beat her up and pushed her down the stairs. That's what happened right?

Tommy Bowden is disgusting.

BamaFalcon59
08-26-2008, 06:30 PM

I kind of knew this was coming, but it is ********. Very pissed. We are tossing this year for the next three, but now also miss out on Kevin Newsome.

SuperKevin
08-26-2008, 06:48 PM
I kind of knew this was coming, but it is ********. Very pissed. We are tossing this year for the next three, but now also miss out on Kevin Newsome.

It sucks because the ACC is WIDE open this year and they could easily win it if they wanted to. Now they are waiting for the future when teams like FSU and Miami will probably be retooled and compete again, not to mention the rapidly improving UNC Tarheels.

BamaFalcon59
08-26-2008, 07:11 PM
I'm still confident we win the coastal. NC and UM aren't there yet, and our running game, defense, and special teams will all be excellent.

Cigaro
08-27-2008, 06:12 PM
McDaniel bagged her head, beat her up and pushed her down the stairs. That's what happened right?

Tommy Bowden is disgusting.

I believe he pled guilty(PTI), and yet will not receive any suspension, neither now or in the future.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-27-2008, 06:31 PM
Who are the Tech Wideouts now? Never thought I'd see the day UVA has more solid wideouts than Tech. I know Tech has Ervin Garner who was redshirted last year but he's skinny like a crack *****, but fast as hell though, potentially a Eddie Royal type but needs 20 more pounds to do that.

vatech=accdomination
08-27-2008, 07:13 PM
Dyrell Roberts and Danny Coales. 2 Freshman, Dyrell is a true fresh, Danny red-shirted last year. Ike Whitaker and Xavier Boyce are their backups.

SuperKevin
08-27-2008, 07:13 PM
Dyrell Roberts and Danny Coales. 2 Freshman, Dyrell is a true fresh, Danny red-shirted last year. Ike Whitaker and Xavier Boyce are their backups.

Ike Whitaker is a beast. I used to watch him play in high school

vatech=accdomination
08-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Yeah, he got screwed pretty hardcore a few years ago, I honestly still feel he should be the starting QB, even as an alcoholic he was way better than Sean at that point.

HChu
08-27-2008, 11:48 PM
I'm really surprised to see that VT decided to go with Glennon, but that makes it an easier path for my Tigers to take the ACC's BCS Bowl spot. But, I must say we have a very difficult path, I really think the ACC this year is wide open for anyone to make a move.

etk
08-29-2008, 10:48 PM
I'm still confident we win the coastal. NC and UM aren't there yet, and our running game, defense, and special teams will all be excellent.

And our running game, defense and special teams won't be? We have the best backs in the ACC besides Clemson. Our defense is fast and tough, not to mention VT lost a ton of big-time players on that side of the ball. VT always has great special teams, but this year we're loaded with potential return men and hungry young defenders on our cover teams. The kicking game is a question mark.

Now I won't criticize you for your opinion that your favorite team will win the division, but I will say that no team in the Coastal deserves to be confident about an ACC Championship berth at the moment. You could really just pick the champion from a hat....so show a little nervousness because I know it's there.

BamaFalcon59
08-29-2008, 11:09 PM
And our running game, defense and special teams won't be? We have the best backs in the ACC besides Clemson. Our defense is fast and tough, not to mention VT lost a ton of big-time players on that side of the ball. VT always has great special teams, but this year we're loaded with potential return men and hungry young defenders on our cover teams. The kicking game is a question mark.

Now I won't criticize you for your opinion that your favorite team will win the division, but I will say that no team in the Coastal deserves to be confident about an ACC Championship berth at the moment. You could really just pick the champion from a hat....so show a little nervousness because I know it's there.

Considering coaching, attitude, and the past few years, I say VT gets the benefit of the doubt. We have the best coaching and attitude, bar none, in the ACC. Not to mention the obvious talent.

And as far as best backs, at this point yes. By the end of the year VT could have the number one spot if the coaches get smart and take out kenny Lewis.

BamaFalcon59
08-29-2008, 11:10 PM
Oh, and Glennon is still a top 3 ACC QB, despite my criticisms. Not much competition, but still.

etk
08-29-2008, 11:27 PM
Considering coaching, attitude, and the past few years, I say VT gets the benefit of the doubt. We have the best coaching and attitude, bar none, in the ACC. Not to mention the obvious talent.

And as far as best backs, at this point yes. By the end of the year VT could have the number one spot if the coaches get smart and take out kenny Lewis.

You talk about coaching, attitude, intangibles, special teams, and yes, that's where VT gets the benefit of the doubt and that's why they are the "favorite" to win the division in the media. I just don't see the "obvious talent". The Hokies lost a ton of talented Seniors along with 2 star Juniors. Miami is in a similar situation what with being forced to start a lot of young, inexperienced players, but ours are more talented, highly touted, deeper, whatever. Maybe even UNC as well. Again, VT is getting the benefit of the doubt because of their recent reign and because they have a Senior quarterback (who sucks).

Our RBs are proven. Graig Cooper had the highest YPC of any back in the top 10 rushing in the ACC last year, and looked great in our opener. Javarris James is considered one of the best in the country, although I think he's overrated. Shawnbrey McNeal is playing well too. I could say the same thing you said and apply it to our QBs. Sure, Marve and Harris haven't proven much, but I still think they're more talented than any QB on your roster not being redshirted. Except there's no way your backs are better than ours, even if they are underrated.

Again, if Beamer thinks he gets a "free pass" this year and that's why he's redshirting Tyrod...he's sadly mistaken.

BamaFalcon59
08-29-2008, 11:49 PM
You talk about coaching, attitude, intangibles, special teams, and yes, that's where VT gets the benefit of the doubt and that's why they are the "favorite" to win the division in the media. I just don't see the "obvious talent". The Hokies lost a ton of talented Seniors along with 2 star Juniors. Miami is in a similar situation what with being forced to start a lot of young, inexperienced players, but ours are more talented, highly touted, deeper, whatever. Maybe even UNC as well. Again, VT is getting the benefit of the doubt because of their recent reign and because they have a Senior quarterback (who sucks).

Our RBs are proven. Graig Cooper had the highest YPC of any back in the top 10 rushing in the ACC last year, and looked great in our opener. Javarris James is considered one of the best in the country, although I think he's overrated. Shawnbrey McNeal is playing well too. I could say the same thing you said and apply it to our QBs. Sure, Marve and Harris haven't proven much, but I still think they're more talented than any QB on your roster not being redshirted. Except there's no way your backs are better than ours, even if they are underrated.

Again, if Beamer thinks he gets a "free pass" this year and that's why he's redshirting Tyrod...he's sadly mistaken.

Glennon may suck, but he is the second best QB in the ACC.

And talent is nothing without coaching. We may not have the most talent in each recruiting class, but we develop it, where as some programs just let talent take over on the field.

Oh, and our recruiting is picking up. Fast. Last year was great, this year will be good to great (depending on Newsome and Logan Thomas), and next year will be amazing.

Vanderbilt4Life
08-30-2008, 12:11 AM
Im really excited about this Virgina vs USC game. Virginia got talent and i think how the Payne Train fairs against USC will determine how Beanie does against them when they play against USC since Payne is just a "poor" mans type of Beanie Wells. Good game..good game

SuperKevin
08-30-2008, 01:43 AM
Glennon may suck, but he is the second best QB in the ACC.

And talent is nothing without coaching. We may not have the most talent in each recruiting class, but we develop it, where as some programs just let talent take over on the field.

Oh, and our recruiting is picking up. Fast. Last year was great, this year will be good to great (depending on Newsome and Logan Thomas), and next year will be amazing.

So who is he better than? Cullen Harper or Riley Skinner?

BamaFalcon59
08-30-2008, 08:11 AM
Okay, third. I fotgot Skinner, which is funny because I'm a fan of his.

Hokie_Pokie08
08-30-2008, 01:22 PM
Oh, and Glennon is still a top 3 ACC QB, despite my criticisms. Not much competition, but still.

I have to disagree. Cullen Harper, Riley Skinner, and Thaddeus Lewis are all ahead of Glennon and there are a couple others that look like they could pass him.

BamaFalcon59
08-30-2008, 01:30 PM
Lewis is pretty good. Overlooked due to playing at Duke.

But after today, I hope Beamer considers Tyrod.

BamaFalcon59
08-30-2008, 02:00 PM
Wow, pathetic. Defense played bad, special teams played bad, offense played bad.

Taylor needs to be the QB. This is ********.

etk
08-30-2008, 02:02 PM
Still confident you win the Coastal?

:D:D:D:D

TBH I expected this so my opinion hasn't changed. We're still the slight favorites over VT and UNC imo.

bearsfan: the MAC looks real good this year, except Miami (OH). They could compete with us. Same with the MWC.

BamaFalcon59
08-30-2008, 02:03 PM
VaTech. will be fine, but today was pathetic.

BamaFalcon59
08-30-2008, 02:03 PM
Still confident you win the Coastal?

:D:D:D:D

TBH I expected this so my opinion hasn't changed. We're still the slight favorites over VT and UNC imo.

bearsfan: the MAC looks real good this year, except Miami (OH). They could compete with us. Same with the MWC.

Yes, I still expect us to win the coastal. Because now Tyrod is our QB.

islandboy843
08-30-2008, 02:04 PM
Wow ACC Epic Fail #1 of the year.

etk
08-30-2008, 02:07 PM
Yes, I still expect us to win the coastal. Because now Tyrod is our QB.

Gulp....we'll see how we handle Tebow, and I'll hold off judgment on whether we can shut down Tyrod. Still....if your coaches are dumb enough to pick Glennon in the first place, why would they change their minds?

BamaFalcon59
08-30-2008, 02:09 PM
I can only hope, but if something will change their minds it is this.

Tyrod is a gamer.

504 to ATL
08-30-2008, 02:54 PM
Why would you want Tyrod to play this year now after that fiasco? The year is not going to be good for Va Tech ranking wise now, just save him for when you load up next year.

draftguru151
08-30-2008, 03:20 PM
Maybe because that game had nothing to do with them winning the ACC and getting to a BCS game?

SeanTaylorRIP
08-30-2008, 06:38 PM
Gosh the ACC sucks.

islandboy843
08-30-2008, 08:32 PM
Officially the ACC is garbage.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-30-2008, 09:03 PM
Officially the ACC is garbage.

Also supposedly on the rise UNC is up only 1 21-20 on friggen McNeese State as the 4th quarter is about to begin. Duke also struggled with James Madison. Add to that UVA getting pounded 52-7, and Tech losing to East Carolina. As well as NC state losing 32-0 against South Carolina and Maryland only beating 1AA Delaware 14-7.

islandboy843
08-30-2008, 09:10 PM
I feel so cold.

Miami FTW?

FSU?

draftguru151
08-30-2008, 09:14 PM
Wake Forest!

islandboy843
08-30-2008, 09:17 PM
Wake Forest!

Damn forgot about them.

BamaFalcon59
08-30-2008, 10:54 PM
Why would you want Tyrod to play this year now after that fiasco? The year is not going to be good for Va Tech ranking wise now, just save him for when you load up next year.

Because we haven't even began ACC play.

BamaFalcon59
08-30-2008, 10:57 PM
My guesses...

Atlantic- Wake Forest
Coastal- VT
Atlantic Coastal Conference Championship Game- Wake Forest

etk
08-30-2008, 11:23 PM
Clemson is up to their usual tricks, so now we actually have a shot at the BCS....everyone does.

BamaFalcon59
08-30-2008, 11:43 PM
I agree.

I am so hoping Tyrod gets the shirt pulled.

We play Furman next week, the perfect game for Tyrod to get some experience.

etk
08-30-2008, 11:46 PM
Tyrod doesn't need experience. Like you said, he's a gamer, so even when he's not at his sharpest, he still finds ways to score and win. Obviously experience helps but he doesn't need to play against Furman like you implied.

BamaFalcon59
08-31-2008, 12:11 AM
Tyrod doesn't need experience. Like you said, he's a gamer, so even when he's not at his sharpest, he still finds ways to score and win. Obviously experience helps but he doesn't need to play against Furman like you implied.

Well, he doesn't need it, but it would help.

Not only that, but I expect the team to turn on Glennon with comments like these.

QB SEAN GLENNON

ON THE BLOCKED PUNT: “it was something unexpected. Usually (big special teams plays) go for us. You can’t blame a game on one play. There’s a lot of stuff I could’ve done, the defense could’ve done …”

ON HIS PERFORMANCE: “If I could take away a couple of plays, I thought I played well. But I can’t take away a couple plays.”

ON HIS INTERCEPTIONS: “The first interception was just a little bit of bad luck. Greg (Boone) kind of stumbled out of his break. So he was kind of falling down and reached his hand up … and tipped it in the air. The second pick, I can’t blame anyone but myself. It was a bad decision on my part. I didn’t see (the defender) … And I need to see that guy. It’s on me. I’ve got to take care of the ball on third and long. That hurt us. Other than that, I don’t regret too many throws I made.”

ON WHETHER THE FANS WILL BE CALLING FOR HIS HEAD AGAIN: “I don’t really care. All I care about is my coaches’ opinions. I hope (the fans) know I’m out there for a reason and, although I made a big mistake, I hope it doesn’t cause a big controversy.”

ON THE OFFENSIVE LINE AFTER DECHRISTOPHER LEFT: “Toward the end, I was surprised they were getting so much heat.”

ON THE ERRANT THROW ON THIRD-AND-7 ON TECH’S LAST-GASP DRIVE: “Just a miscommunication. I thought Danny Coale was going to cut off his route.”

ON THROWING AN INTERCEPTION ON HIS FIRST THROW OF THE SEASON AGAIN: “It feels like my first pass is just cursed.”

ON WHETHER YOUTH WAS A MAJOR FACTOR: “It could’ve been worse. I can’t blame this on just rookie mistakes. There were a lot of veteran mistakes, too.

So basically, besides his second interception he played great, the first interception was Greg Boone's fault, the OL allowed too much pressure, Danny, Coale read the coverage wrong, he is cursed (not really his fault according to him I guess), and he really doesn't care about the fans at all.

All together, he really takes no blame for a loss in which he threw 14/23, 145 yards (long of 62), no touchdowns, and two interceptions. Against Eastern Carolina, who is by no means a bad team but should not be competing with an annual power like Virginia Tech.. Oh, and this is nothing new. He rarely puts blame on himself and always comes off as cocky and arrogant.

It makes me mad. Tyrod may have made some of the same mistakes. But I guarentee you he would have taken responsibility rather than pinning it on other players. That is for the coaches, not the quarterback. Our true sophmore is a far better leader than our fifth year redshirt senior.

504 to ATL
08-31-2008, 03:14 PM
I would not sleep on GTech, they have a crazy good D-Line, and have the athletes for the triple option.

BamaFalcon59
08-31-2008, 03:17 PM
My friend is Dwyer's cousin. He will be a player.

Cigaro
08-31-2008, 03:46 PM
My guesses...

Atlantic- Wake Forest
Coastal- VT
Atlantic Coastal Conference Championship Game- Wake Forest

You lose to East Carolina and still think you will win the division? Either your homerism is off the charts, or you think the ACC is that bad. I think Miami will win the Coastal.

BamaFalcon59
08-31-2008, 08:11 PM
You lose to East Carolina and still think you will win the division? Either your homerism is off the charts, or you think the ACC is that bad. I think Miami will win the Coastal.

Correct.

And considering 40% of our team is freshman/redshirt freshman, I expect things to improve as they see more action.

504 to ATL
08-31-2008, 11:23 PM
My friend is Dwyer's cousin. He will be a player.

Oh, he already is. Last year and the past game he had very good numbers.

BamaFalcon59
08-31-2008, 11:42 PM
I mean a top back in the nation.

I just hope the fullback position he is playing doesn't hold him back. They split a significant number of carries in that offense.

etk
08-31-2008, 11:48 PM
There's no way GaTech will beat VaTech. I'll take a rebuilding year over a rebuilding program anyday. You can't just implement a new system and immediately beat a divisional powerhouse.....if they did it would be one of the top upsets of the year imo, even though VT is bad.

BamaFalcon59
08-31-2008, 11:52 PM
I think Bud Foster can stop anything if he knows it is coming, but our defense didn't look good against Eastern Carolina.

I could see us losing against them. If that happens I am pretty sure Tyrod will get his redshirt taken off.

vatech=accdomination
09-01-2008, 10:30 AM
I could see VT losing to GT, at this point in time, I doubt the shirt gets pulled, and tbh that is what I want, a full season of mediocrity so Beamer has no choice but to fire O'Cain and Stinespring.

Don Vito
09-01-2008, 01:19 PM
Ole Miss vs Wake Forest on ABC this week! Can't wait for the game, it should be a good one.

etk
09-01-2008, 03:10 PM
Sounds like an awesome game. Let's see Orgeron's classes go to work against the "class of the ACC" it seems.

Hokie_Pokie08
09-01-2008, 05:15 PM
I could see VT losing to GT, at this point in time, I doubt the shirt gets pulled, and tbh that is what I want, a full season of mediocrity so Beamer has no choice but to fire O'Cain and Stinespring.

Couldn't say it any better myself.

BigJohn98
09-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Jimbo Fisher is expected to announce FSU's starting QB tomorrow. Most FSU fans think Dvontrey Richardson will be named starting qb.

bearsfan_51
09-01-2008, 07:06 PM
I think ECU could win the division.

Don Vito
09-01-2008, 07:24 PM
Sounds like an awesome game. Let's see Orgeron's classes go to work against the "class of the ACC" it seems.

Yeah both teams are coming off pretty good first weeks, there are some rumors saying Peria Jerry could be back but Hardy is still out and that hurts a lot. We need to get after Skinner and if both Jerry and Hardy are out that hurts a lot.

BamaFalcon59
09-01-2008, 09:21 PM
I think ECU could win the division.

The coastal? There is a good shot they would win it.

djp
09-02-2008, 01:12 AM
Jimbo Fisher is expected to announce FSU's starting QB tomorrow. Most FSU fans think Dvontrey Richardson will be named starting qb.

Jimbo's doing it, huh? Seems like a job for Blobbah. What's he even doing there these days? Just going into recruits' homes and giving the Southern charm? Don't let him fall into JoePa territory where he doesn't do a thing.

As much as I hate BB, I sure as hell respect him as a recruiter. Guy was and is money.

Last I read said Weatherford will start... what makes Richardson better?

vatech=accdomination
09-02-2008, 01:09 PM
**** **** ****, the shirt comes off of tyrod.

504 to ATL
09-02-2008, 02:19 PM
what are the chances Wake wins the conference again with their boring brand of football?

BigJohn98
09-02-2008, 06:33 PM
Jimbo's doing it, huh? Seems like a job for Blobbah. What's he even doing there these days? Just going into recruits' homes and giving the Southern charm? Don't let him fall into JoePa territory where he doesn't do a thing.

As much as I hate BB, I sure as hell respect him as a recruiter. Guy was and is money.

Last I read said Weatherford will start... what makes Richardson better?

Well, since Jimbo is the QB coach and offensive coordinator, he's making the choice. He did it last year. Blobbah? How cute.

Turtlepower
09-02-2008, 06:37 PM
what are the chances Wake wins the conference again with their boring brand of football?

They are probably better than more than half the teams in the SEC, so I guess it is ok to play that boring brand of football.

BamaFalcon59
09-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Game over ACC.

Sniper
09-02-2008, 07:11 PM
They are probably better than more than half the teams in the SEC, so I guess it is ok to play that boring brand of football.

Nonsense. The SEC occupies spots #1-12 in the rankings, so that's impossible that WF is better than half the teams.

Hokie_Pokie08
09-02-2008, 08:42 PM
Game over ACC.

If by some act of God that VT runs the table for the rest of the season the coaching staff (Stiney, O'Cain, and Beamer in particular) should feel like the biggest idiots in the world for letting Sean Glennon jack up their season.

Then again Stiney is still calling the plays so the chances of that happening are slim to none. Also this move tells me that O'Cain will definitely be fired after the season as he was the most vocal for Glennon and it has blown up in his face. We are definitely back in the Kevin Newsome sweepstakes though.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Tyrod Taylor at best is Marcus Vick his senior year at Tech. Vick was very good his senior year, but unlike everyone else I'm not expecting Taylor to be this super NFL prospect.

BamaFalcon59
09-02-2008, 09:06 PM
Tyrod Taylor at best is Marcus Vick his senior year at Tech. Vick was very good his senior year, but unlike everyone else I'm not expecting Taylor to be this super NFL prospect.

Marcus left as a junior.

And he was excellent that year, so I would be fine with that. But while Tyrod is as good a passer as Marcus, he is a much better runner.

thebow305
09-02-2008, 10:29 PM
One name: Da'Quan Bowers. This dude was born to come off the edge and terrorize QB's. It's gonna be fun watching this kid for the next 3 years. He seems like the defensive version of Adrian Peterson. He looks every bit the part as a freshman and is NFL ready IMO. Probably one of the few high school players that could have gone straight to the pros, just like AD. I could be wrong, but we'll see. Thank god we're in the Coastal division and don't have to face this kid every year.

Ok, now the Bowers lovefest is over. Carry on.

BamaFalcon59
09-03-2008, 06:09 AM
One name: Da'Quan Bowers. This dude was born to come off the edge and terrorize QB's. It's gonna be fun watching this kid for the next 3 years. He seems like the defensive version of Adrian Peterson. He looks every bit the part as a freshman and is NFL ready IMO. Probably one of the few high school players that could have gone straight to the pros, just like AD. I could be wrong, but we'll see. Thank god we're in the Coastal division and don't have to face this kid every year.

Ok, now the Bowers lovefest is over. Carry on.

I think he needs to trim up a bit. Otherwise he looked great against Bama.

But he can't touch Tyrod.

vatech=accdomination
09-03-2008, 01:40 PM
Stinespring pretty much sold out O'cain to save himself.

BigJohn98
09-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Fisher will name the starting quarterback after the Noles' afternoon practice. It will end around six.

BigJohn98
09-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Christian Ponder has been named the starting quarterback.

SuperKevin
09-03-2008, 05:45 PM

Ewwwwwwwww

Sniper
09-03-2008, 06:32 PM

Is E.J Manuel redshirting?

BigJohn98
09-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Is E.J Manuel redshirting?

More than likely.

Hokie_Pokie08
09-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Stinespring pretty much sold out O'cain to save himself.

This doesn't come as a surprise to me. Stiney's job is on life support right now and he is going to be doing anything he can to save it.

As far as Tyrod playing like Marcus I would be thrilled. In his 1 year as a starter Marcus was the ACC POY and if we can see that type of production out of Tyrod the future looks good. I have been a big fan of Tyrod's and I think he will be able to get the job done.

djp
09-03-2008, 10:49 PM
This doesn't come as a surprise to me. Stiney's job is on life support right now and he is going to be doing anything he can to save it.

As far as Tyrod playing like Marcus I would be thrilled. In his 1 year as a starter Marcus was the ACC POY and if we can see that type of production out of Tyrod the future looks good. I have been a big fan of Tyrod's and I think he will be able to get the job done.

Except for that one game..... :)

Hokie_Pokie08
09-03-2008, 11:35 PM
Except for that one game..... :)

You guys were amazing that game. Miami was playing in another gear that game and absolutely blew us off the field. I have never been more impressed watching the opponent/in utter despair at watching our offense try to do something positive than I was watching that game.

Joeyjr09
09-03-2008, 11:37 PM
I love how VaTech fans are thrilled that Tyrod is getting his redshirt pulled.

Little too late don't you think? If I was a VaTech fan, I'd be fuming right now that my coaching staff was too stupid to just play him from day 1 and instead cost us a game against East Carolina before they realized what your entire fan base was saying for months.

BTW...Even with Tyrod, ya'll are still an 8 win team at best.

Joeyjr09
09-03-2008, 11:38 PM
You guys were amazing that game. Miami was playing in another gear that game and absolutely blew us off the field. I have never been more impressed watching the opponent/in utter despair at watching our offense try to do something positive than I was watching that game.

Yea, Can't wait for us to turn it around, for my money, nobody in college football puts more competitive games on the field then Miami vs FSU and Miami vs Virginia Tech.

djp
09-03-2008, 11:39 PM

Every 3-4 years, a Miami team on the road will just come out completely motivated and absolutely dominate an opponent. That was the week of the "7th Floor Crew" fiasco -- didn't matter. Then we'll lose a stinker after that once our mojo fades (that year it was GaTech)

Our DL was simply dominant that game. Never seen a Miami DL play better in my life than that game. Kyle Wright also played his best game as a Cane.

Then again, there was that terrible game in 2003 where we got blown off the field by DeAngelo Hall.

Joeyjr09
09-03-2008, 11:47 PM
Every 3-4 years, a Miami team on the road will just come out completely motivated and absolutely dominate an opponent.

Has it been 3-4 since we done that? I think so right? Saturday seems like as good a time as any don't you think?

Hokie_Pokie08
09-03-2008, 11:52 PM

Little too late don't you think? If I was a VaTech fan, I'd be fuming right now that my coaching staff was too stupid to just play him from day 1 and instead cost us a game against East Carolina before they realized what your entire fan base was saying for months.

I am far from thrilled that we lost to ECU and that it was mainly because the coaches were idiots and thought Sean Glennon could get it done, but this decision reeks of outside intervention and that hopefully means that heads will be rolling at the end of the season.

If Tyrod and the rest of the young guys gel as the season progresses and VT wins 8-9 games and Stiney and O'Cain get fired then it might be worth it, but is still an unacceptable loss and decision.

Hokie_Pokie08
09-03-2008, 11:55 PM
Yea, Can't wait for us to turn it around, for my money, nobody in college football puts more competitive games on the field then Miami vs FSU and Miami vs Virginia Tech.

That is definitely becoming my favorite rivalry game for us now that we don't play WVU anymore and UVA is no longer competitive. Both teams don't like each other and it usually provides a good, tough game.

Joeyjr09
09-04-2008, 12:05 AM
That is definitely becoming my favorite rivalry game for us now that we don't play WVU anymore and UVA is no longer competitive. Both teams don't like each other and it usually provides a good, tough game.

Thats what makes it so exciting about these games. Everyone raves about the SEC but they are all speed. That's it.

Miami vs VT and FSU are good physical battles. We beat the crap out of each other.

I love nothing more then watching running backs get pounded in the backfield and big hits on ST coverage and big blindside hits on the QB. It mite but just me, but thats what I love to watch. Not this watered down spread offense garbage that is the rave lately. I hate them just giving the smallest guy on the field the ball and letting him run for 100 yards. Boring.

djp
09-04-2008, 12:09 AM
Has it been 3-4 since we done that? I think so right? Saturday seems like as good a time as any don't you think?

If we win, it will be the best day of the past couple years. No lie. I haven't wanted to win a game this badly since that VT game in '05.

There is no team I despise more than the Florida Gators. And Urban Meyer made it so much worse.

Night game in Blacksburg? Check...

Night game in Gainesville? We'll see....

BamaFalcon59
09-04-2008, 12:19 AM

8 wins at best? Umm, ok. Check the schedule. We were eight with Glennon, let a lone Tyrod. Anyone who is putting this team out because of an early season loss is ignorant. Over 40% of our team are freshman. We expected to start slow. Maybe not lose to ECU, but we expected to start slow. Miami may be eight wins at best, not VT.

And while game one hurts, it really isn't that bad. Noone expected this years Hokie team to compete for a national championship, realistically were shooting for the coastal and have a slight shot at the ACC. We made the change before ACC play started, that is the main thing.

Joeyjr09
09-04-2008, 12:36 AM
8 wins at best? Umm, ok. Check the schedule. We were eight with Glennon, let a lone Tyrod. Anyone who is putting this team out because of an early season loss is ignorant. Over 40% of our team are freshman. We expected to start slow. Maybe not lose to ECU, but we expected to start slow. Miami may be eight wins at best, not VT.

And while game one hurts, it really isn't that bad. Noone expected this years Hokie team to compete for a national championship, realistically were shooting for the coastal and have a slight shot at the ACC. We made the change before ACC play started, that is the main thing.

I guess you missed this discussion the other day. I ain't gonna get into it. But I'll be shocked if you win more then 8 games.

BTW... I'm not putting this team out because of an early season lost. In fact the early season lost only confirmed what I thought about this team all along. Overrated. Give them 2 years and they will be ok but for now, they aren't that good.

Joeyjr09
09-04-2008, 12:45 AM
If we win, it will be the best day of the past couple years. No lie. I haven't wanted to win a game this badly since that VT game in '05.

There is no team I despise more than the Florida Gators. And Urban Meyer made it so much worse.

Night game in Blacksburg? Check...

Night game in Gainesville? We'll see....

I know alot of Canes fans and even some of the players are using the company line of "they are the better team, we wanna keep it close, one game at a time."

I say, forget that mess. If we are trying to get back to were we once where, we need to have our swagger back. You know what that means? Having mean fans, that are expecting to whoop the Gators. And having players that know this game is huge.

I love how Anthony Reddick put it. He said this game is definitely bigger then any other this season because they are the Gators. And he said he's sick of hearing how our defense is gonna stop their offense. He wants to know how their offense is gonna score on our defense.

I love Reddick attitude. It mite be brash and boardline, crazy and cocky but you know what, we are the U. We need that edge. We should go into the game thinking we are the team to beat, we should go in there knowing how big this game is and bring it to them from the get go.

No surprise this is coming from Reddick, he has been here forever. He knows what it is to be a Cane. I hope his attitude rubs off on the younger guys.

On thing is for sure, it's the 2nd game of the season and we are starting to hear this talk. I haven't hear that much confidence in 2-3 years. I love the attitude and direction this team is taking. I want us to go out there and put it on them, smack them in the mouth, throw them around and show them we came to play.

We got nothing to lose here. People are expecting us to get murdered. So if we get murdered, oh well, no surprise. But if we keep it close or even win, we will have showed the nation we are getting ourselves turned around and earn back some of the respect (or maybe hatred or even fear) that we had a few years ago.

thebow305
09-04-2008, 01:07 AM
I know alot of Canes fans and even some of the players are using the company line of "they are the better team, we wanna keep it close, one game at a time."

I say, forget that mess. If we are trying to get back to were we once where, we need to have our swagger back. You know what that means? Having mean fans, that are expecting to whoop the Gators. And having players that know this game is huge.

I love how Anthony Reddick put it. He said this game is definitely bigger then any other this season because they are the Gators. And he said he's sick of hearing how our defense is gonna stop their offense. He wants to know how their offense is gonna score on our defense.

I love Reddick attitude. It mite be brash and boardline, crazy and cocky but you know what, we are the U. We need that edge. We should go into the game thinking we are the team to beat, we should go in there knowing how big this game is and bring it to them from the get go.

No surprise this is coming from Reddick, he has been here forever. He knows what it is to be a Cane. I hope his attitude rubs off on the younger guys.

On thing is for sure, it's the 2nd game of the season and we are starting to hear this talk. I haven't hear that much confidence in 2-3 years. I love the attitude and direction this team is taking. I want us to go out there and put it on them, smack them in the mouth, throw them around and show them we came to play.

We got nothing to lose here. People are expecting us to get murdered. So if we get murdered, oh well, no surprise. But if we keep it close or even win, we will have showed the nation we are getting ourselves turned around and earn back some of the respect (or maybe hatred or even fear) that we had a few years ago.

Damn I'm PUMPED!! I'l be there in the Swamp with my Canes gear on, representin baby!!

vatech=accdomination
09-04-2008, 07:18 AM

I am not thrilled, Tyrod may save stinesprings job.

look at the offensive output rankings in the stinespring era.

2002 - 64th
2003 - 38th
2004 - 65th
2005 - 57th
2006 - 99th
2007 - 100th

I guess he will have to learn the hard way this year thatt the defense cannot always bail him out

ImBrotherCain
09-04-2008, 10:15 AM
Im excited that Tyrod is getting to play... but at the same time not so much. I understand the idea of lets win some games now but if we kept it on in 2-3 years with all that freshman talent we would have a serious shot at a NC now we only have 2 years (Not counting this year) untill Tyrod is gone.

Cribbs>Hester
09-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Any North Carolina State fans out there who could let me know what the issue with Toney Baker seems to be? Two years ago Andre Brown and Toney Baker were two of the most fun and impressive sophmore running backs to watch. They looked like they could have been a very dominate duo once they became seniors much like Ronnie Brown and Carnell Williams. They obviously lack a very good offensive coordinator, but their talent was still showing through just enough. I know Toney Baker suffered an injury last season, but why didn't he play the season opener against South Carolina???

Hokie_Pokie08
09-06-2008, 10:55 AM
Any North Carolina State fans out there who could let me know what the issue with Toney Baker seems to be? Two years ago Andre Brown and Toney Baker were two of the most fun and impressive sophmore running backs to watch. They looked like they could have been a very dominate duo once they became seniors much like Ronnie Brown and Carnell Williams. They obviously lack a very good offensive coordinator, but their talent was still showing through just enough. I know Toney Baker suffered an injury last season, but why didn't he play the season opener against South Carolina???

Baker is still rehabbing his knee.

marks01234
09-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Baker is still rehabbing his knee.

From what I've heard, Baker may not see the field this year.

Hokie_Pokie08
09-10-2008, 02:56 PM
From what I've heard, Baker may not see the field this year.

That's a shame. He was a monster coming out of high school. I would have loved for him to have gone to VT.

BamaFalcon59
09-20-2008, 07:54 PM
Virginia Tech. is still the top dog here until proven otherwise.

And the future is looking even better for this team. Winning now, but nearly everyone is coming back and the replacements are more than adequate.

Hokie_Pokie08
09-22-2008, 12:10 AM
UNC starting QB T.J. Yates is out for the season with either a broken foot or broken ankle. This is a devastating injury to an up and coming football team and might be enough to completely sink their season. They might not make a bowl game now.

http://www.tarheelfanblog.com/2008/09/breaking-source-says-yates-out-for-the-season/

SuperKevin
09-22-2008, 12:11 AM
UNC starting QB T.J. Yates is out for the season with either a broken foot or broken ankle. This is a devastating injury to an up and coming football team and might be enough to completely sink their season. They might not make a bowl game now.

http://www.tarheelfanblog.com/2008/09/breaking-source-says-yates-out-for-the-season/

Mike Paulus isn't that bad of a backup QB

Hokie_Pokie08
09-22-2008, 12:28 AM
Mike Paulus isn't that bad of a backup QB

He looked completely lost against VT and they don't have a running game to lean on. They are in trouble if Paulus plays like he did against VT.

Joeyjr09
09-22-2008, 12:43 AM
He looked completely lost against VT and they don't have a running game to lean on. They are in trouble if Paulus plays like he did against VT.

Miami's next 4 games are against UNC, FSU, UFC and Duke.

UNC is definitely improved but we were 7 point favorites even before the Yates injury and our defense should have no problem making Paulus look stupid.

UCF and Duke are gimmes.

If we can get by FSU with a good showing by our offense, we have a realistic chance at being 6-1 overall and 3-0 in the conference at the halfway point in the season.

draftguru151
09-22-2008, 10:13 AM
UNC scared me before but without Yates I'm not really worried about them anymore. As long as we don't have a bad game (which is expect at least once this year) we should be able to get to Wake without another loss.

marks01234
09-22-2008, 11:33 AM
That was a very ugly game - UNC/VT.

I don't know who I think will win it all. I think Maryland, Duke and NC State are better than orginally thought but not good enough to win it. I think Clemson, VT and North Carolina are worse than orginally though but Clemson/VT still will contend for the ACC championship. The Atlantic is going to be a fun division to watch. Nobody really stands out but I think all six schools should be going be playing for bowls. The bottom has fallen out of the Coastal with UVA being downright terrible.

Midseason predictions

Costal

1. VT
2. Miami
3. GT
4. Duke
5. UNC
6. UVA

Atlantic

1. Clemson
2. Wake Forest
3. Maryland
4. NC State
5. Florida State
6. Boston College

Joeyjr09
09-22-2008, 12:40 PM
That was a very ugly game - UNC/VT.

I don't know who I think will win it all. I think Maryland, Duke and NC State are better than orginally thought but not good enough to win it. I think Clemson, VT and North Carolina are worse than orginally though but Clemson/VT still will contend for the ACC championship. The Atlantic is going to be a fun division to watch. Nobody really stands out but I think all six schools should be going be playing for bowls. The bottom has fallen out of the Coastal with UVA being downright terrible.

Midseason predictions

Costal

1. VT
2. Miami
3. GT
4. Duke
5. UNC
6. UVA

Atlantic

1. Clemson
2. Wake Forest
3. Maryland
4. NC State
5. Florida State
6. Boston College

Duke ahead of UNC?? Even without Yates I'll take UNC. Until Wake gives me a reason not to like them, they deserve to be ahead of Clemson. Clemson got pounded by Bama and Wake has looked in just about every game they have played. Not to mention they got the best QB in the entire conference a the moment.

Joeyjr09
09-22-2008, 12:45 PM
UNC scared me before but without Yates I'm not really worried about them anymore. As long as we don't have a bad game (which is expect at least once this year) we should be able to get to Wake without another loss.

I'm expecting 1 loss we probably shouldn't have, but this team is also good enough to surprise people and beat a team that they probably shouldn't beat (althought with our weak conference, we should be able to beat everyone).

Here what realistically I can see the rest of the way out.

UNC---W
FSU---W
UCF---W
Duke---W
Wake Forest---L
Virginia---W
Virginia Tech---Toss up
Georgia Tech---Toss up
NC State---W

That's what I would realistically expect. However worst case, we lose to Wake, VT, GT and one other surprise, we finish the season 7-5. But it looks like 8-4 is more likely with 9-3 being a possibility.

vatech=accdomination
09-22-2008, 01:09 PM
If I were to pick an ACC winner today, I would say Miami.

Joeyjr09
09-22-2008, 01:18 PM
If I were to pick an ACC winner today, I would say Miami.

Don't go there yet. We beat a D-II school and a Texas A&M team with a very bad defense. Let us get some wins against real talent like FSU and Wake before we start talking about picking us to win. I'd say we had a shot at the ACC title but I wouldn't go as far as to pick us as the winner yet.

vatech=accdomination
09-23-2008, 08:04 AM
It all comes down to how they respond, and so far they have responded well. Heather Dinich pisses me off btw, she refuses to give VT any credit for playing a low turnover/penalty game to win, noting that everyone VT has beat in the ACC so far is better on paper, giving her a reason to rank them higher.

Joeyjr09
09-23-2008, 02:52 PM
It all comes down to how they respond, and so far they have responded well. Heather Dinich pisses me off btw, she refuses to give VT any credit for playing a low turnover/penalty game to win, noting that everyone VT has beat in the ACC so far is better on paper, giving her a reason to rank them higher.

I have no problem with Heather, probably because I tend to agree with her.

Had Yates not gotten injured during the game, not even VT fans would be able to say anything against her ranking of them because they would have likely lost that game.

And truth be told, VT has not looked impressive at all so far this season, most of the schools she has ranked above them have looked more better/more complete so far this season.

BamaFalcon59
09-23-2008, 04:20 PM
I have no problem with Heather, probably because I tend to agree with her.

Had Yates not gotten injured during the game, not even VT fans would be able to say anything against her ranking of them because they would have likely lost that game.

And truth be told, VT has not looked impressive at all so far this season, most of the schools she has ranked above them have looked more better/more complete so far this season.

Yes, I'm sure Yates would have jumped in at linebacker. When we drove down the field 89 yards, he would have stopped that. And when Greg Little fumbled, I'm sure he would have prevented that as well. And when we ran five minutes off the clock due to gashing them up the middle.

The fact is we play ugly, so people won't respect us. So despite beating GT, who destroyed Miss State and beat Boston College, and beating North Carolina, who many people had winning the coastal, we still do not get respect.

Joeyjr09
09-23-2008, 06:39 PM
Yes, I'm sure Yates would have jumped in at linebacker. When we drove down the field 89 yards, he would have stopped that. And when Greg Little fumbled, I'm sure he would have prevented that as well. And when we ran five minutes off the clock due to gashing them up the middle.

The fact is we play ugly, so people won't respect us. So despite beating GT, who destroyed Miss State and beat Boston College, and beating North Carolina, who many people had winning the coastal, we still do not get respect.

If Yates was on the field and is able to sustain some of the drives that Paulus couldn't. UNCs defense isn't as tired and suddenly that 89 yard drive looks less and less likely. Same thing for that running 5 mintues off the clock.

The fact of the matter is that UNC isn't nearly the team you say they are (no one picked them to win the coastal, in fact many were picking VT before the season) and many felt they were an improving middle of the road ACC team. Yet you barely got by them when their starting QB went down, and you got beat pretty easily by an ECU team that has handled by NC State.

Your averaging 85 yards passing a game, Your team is ranked in the lower half of the ACC in defense (7th in pass, 10th in run if I'm not mistaken or vise versa), and generally you haven't been impressive.

Have to call a spade a spade. You can cry about no respect and all this but bottom line is that they have not looked good this year and the numbers back that up.

BamaFalcon59
09-23-2008, 07:28 PM
If Yates was on the field and is able to sustain some of the drives that Paulus couldn't.

Ten points in nearly three quarters. He was not effective.

UNCs defense isn't as tired and suddenly that 89 yard drive looks less and less likely.

Lol, you have no idea what you are talking about. The drive that Yates left the game they scored. Actually, I believe the play after he was injured they scored, via a Brandon Tate 50 yard touchdown run. Despite his absence they scored. The next drive we got the ball on the eleven and took it down the field to score. Either way, that drive happens.

Same thing for that running 5 mintues off the clock.

Umm, no. The drive prior to us running down the clock was eight plays, 3 and a half minutes and forty yards of passes. Fatigue should not be a factor in that situation. He does not play middle linebacker. He would not stop three straight runs of ten or more yards, then a playaction pass for 16, then 8 more rushing yards.

The fact of the matter is that UNC isn't nearly the team you say they are (no one picked them to win the coastal, in fact many were picking VT before the season) and many felt they were an improving middle of the road ACC team. Yet you barely got by them when their starting QB went down, and you got beat pretty easily by an ECU team that has handled by NC State.

North Carolina was the ACC favorite prior to the Virginia Tech. game, for example both ESPN commentators selected them to win the game, and many people in the public liked them to win the coastal after beating Rutgers on Thursday night. Scout also picked them to win, and they are the only other sourse I checked.

I'm beginning to think you do not watch football. 27-22 is easily beaten? 30-24 in overtime is handled? You make no sense. You want to play the A beat B and B beat C so A is better than C game? So you believe Appalachian State had a case for a national championship last year.

Your averaging 85 yards passing a game, Your team is ranked in the lower half of the ACC in defense (7th in pass, 10th in run if I'm not mistaken or vise versa), and generally you haven't been impressive.

We're 3-1. We are 2-0 in ACC play against two of the better teams in the coastal. They may be the two most productive offenses in the coastal this year, yet we held them both to under 20 points. I fail to see how that is not impressive.

Oh, and let's not forget our impressive statistics. We are the fifth least penalized team in the NCAA. Top ten in turnover margin. Top 15 in getting turnovers. First in fumbles lost, with zero. We've blocked three kicks in four games.

Have to call a spade a spade. You can cry about no respect and all this but bottom line is that they have not looked good this year and the numbers back that up.

The only thing you have proven is your ignorance.

For good measure, because you seem to like statistics...

Miami
12-13 the past two years
30-19 since joining the Atlantic Coastal Conference
0 ACC titles
0 Coastal Conference titles
1-3 against Virginia Tech.

Virginia Tech.
21-6 the past two years
42-11 since joining the ACC
2 ACC titles
3 Coastal titles
3-1 againist Miami

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=273210259

Sniper
09-23-2008, 07:31 PM
Well, Joey does think that VT was a better team than LSU last year, so I'm not too sure your logic would work in this case. ;)

BamaFalcon59
09-23-2008, 07:35 PM
I'm not sure what you're saying. LSU was definitely a better team than Virginia Tech. last year.

Joeyjr09
09-23-2008, 09:25 PM
For good measure, because you seem to like statistics...

Miami
12-13 the past two years
30-19 since joining the Atlantic Coastal Conference
0 ACC titles
0 Coastal Conference titles
1-3 against Virginia Tech.

Virginia Tech.
21-6 the past two years
42-11 since joining the ACC
2 ACC titles
3 Coastal titles
3-1 againist Miami

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=273210259

Not sure what the last 4 years between Miami and VT has anything to do with the discussion. But thanks for trying to drag my team thru the med just because you don't like the fact that I think VT is overrated. Real classy.

Joeyjr09
09-23-2008, 09:36 PM
Not sure how to quote your quote so I can reply to the 1st post but you can keep trying to spin it all you want.

Nobody gives a crap about this lack of respect talk. Live with it. Everyone feels their team gets no respect but nobody makes a stick about it the way VT fans have the last 3 weeks.

Fact of the matter is, you guys lost your 1st game of the season to a medicore team that had a good little hot streak.

You have a QB that can't throw the ball, a defense that is ranked in the bottom off of a bad conference, and your wins have not been impressive not matter how much you try to spin it. You can sit there and talk about the UNC win all the want like its a big deal but in hindsight, UNC isn't that good, the Rutgers game is looking more and more like they just beat up on a D-II team and the other win was against McNeese State. If/when Miami beats them this week, they will look like the medicore 2-2 team that they are.

How does beating two middle of the road conference teams (GaTech and UNC) by 3 points each suddenly make you a powerhouse in the conference for this year? The fact that the games were so close and both those teams are middle of the road just further proves that you are as well, middle of the road.

So what, VT is 3-1. Big freaking deal. They have played anyone better then middle of the roads ACC teams yet and only won those games by 3 points and they lost to their only non conference opponent of note. No matter how you spin that, it is not impressive and doesn't mean you are not respected. It means you haven't proven you deserve to be ranked that high yet.

Joeyjr09
09-23-2008, 09:37 PM
Well, Joey does think that VT was a better team than LSU last year, so I'm not too sure your logic would work in this case. ;)

Nice way to twist my words man. I never once said VT was a better team then LSU.

I was making the case that there were a handful of other schools that were equally as deserving to get into the NC champ as LSU. VT just happened to be the one that got the most talk. Mizzou, USC and others were also brought up.

BamaFalcon59
09-24-2008, 04:43 PM
Not sure how to quote your quote so I can reply to the 1st post but you can keep trying to spin it all you want.

Nobody gives a crap about this lack of respect talk. Live with it. Everyone feels their team gets no respect but nobody makes a stick about it the way VT fans have the last 3 weeks.

Fact of the matter is, you guys lost your 1st game of the season to a medicore team that had a good little hot streak.

You have a QB that can't throw the ball, a defense that is ranked in the bottom off of a bad conference, and your wins have not been impressive not matter how much you try to spin it. You can sit there and talk about the UNC win all the want like its a big deal but in hindsight, UNC isn't that good, the Rutgers game is looking more and more like they just beat up on a D-II team and the other win was against McNeese State. If/when Miami beats them this week, they will look like the medicore 2-2 team that they are.

How does beating two middle of the road conference teams (GaTech and UNC) by 3 points each suddenly make you a powerhouse in the conference for this year? The fact that the games were so close and both those teams are middle of the road just further proves that you are as well, middle of the road.

So what, VT is 3-1. Big freaking deal. They have played anyone better then middle of the roads ACC teams yet and only won those games by 3 points and they lost to their only non conference opponent of note. No matter how you spin that, it is not impressive and doesn't mean you are not respected. It means you haven't proven you deserve to be ranked that high yet.

So basically you admit your previous post was completely wrong and had false information, and then blabbered on for a bit.

Joeyjr09
09-24-2008, 06:30 PM
So basically you admit your previous post was completely wrong and had false information, and then blabbered on for a bit.

Does this even make sense? Did you even read the post? W/e bro. We'll find out after a few more weeks of ACC play if VT is for real or if they are as bad as they have looked.

vatech=accdomination
09-25-2008, 07:17 AM
Virginia Tech wins, period. On paper they suck, no doubting that whatsoever. But, that is Heather Dinisch's problem, she loves teams that perform well on paper, look at Clemson, for example, when was the last time they won a game that mattered? Back to VT, with a team breaking in new starters at QB, RB, FB, FL, SE, TE, RT, DE, DT, DT, OLB, ILB, Rover, CB, and kicker I do not understand how they could be doing so well, but up to this point, to be the best you have to beat the best, and no one in the ACC has.

Joeyjr09
09-25-2008, 07:34 AM
Virginia Tech wins, period. On paper they suck, no doubting that whatsoever. But, that is Heather Dinisch's problem, she loves teams that perform well on paper, look at Clemson, for example, when was the last time they won a game that mattered? Back to VT, with a team breaking in new starters at QB, RB, FB, FL, SE, TE, RT, DE, DT, DT, OLB, ILB, Rover, CB, and kicker I do not understand how they could be doing so well, but up to this point, to be the best you have to beat the best, and no one in the ACC has.

Welcome to college football my friend.

When you lose players, replace them with a bunch of new people, look really bad in the process and play in very ugly games with very uly stats against Medicore teams, you are not gonna go up in the rankings win, lose or draw.

How do you think Georgia feels falling to number 3 after starting at number 1 and doing nothing but winning?

Until VT really going and beats someone convincingly and throws the ball well, they will have these problems.

You can't beat UNC and GaTech by only a combined 6 points, lose to ECU and all ugly in all your games and think that is deserving of a good ranking.

On the flip side, Clemson's only loss was to a top 10 team and they have stuck it to every other team they have played and looked fairly impressive in the process.

Just because Clemson has a reputation for not winning the big game does not mean that they should not be denied the chance to win one when they have so obviously been more impressive to this point then VT has.

marks01234
09-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Duke ahead of UNC?? Even without Yates I'll take UNC. Until Wake gives me a reason not to like them, they deserve to be ahead of Clemson. Clemson got pounded by Bama and Wake has looked in just about every game they have played. Not to mention they got the best QB in the entire conference a the moment.

Duke should have won against UNC last year. Their kicker missed two gimmes that would have given them the game.

I always though UNC was going to be overrated coming into the season but now they they are without TJ Yates for an extended period of time, I expect it to get ugly for them. Their three best players are Hakeem Nicks, Brandon Foster and Brandon Tate and now there will be serious questions about how many touches they can get.

Heck, they barely beat McNeese State with a healthy TJ Yates.

Geomar
09-25-2008, 03:02 PM
Im calling it right now, my boy Graig Cooper is going for 100 + yards, and 2-3 TD's this saturday against UNC.

Joeyjr09
09-25-2008, 03:18 PM
Im calling it right now, my boy Graig Cooper is going for 100 + yards, and 2-3 TD's this saturday against UNC.

I ain't going there.

Austin is a beast in the middle so it'll be tough to get those yards and Cooper isn't gonna be playing as much as he did last week so there's no way he'll get 2-3 TDs.

You'll see alot more of Shawnbrey and Chambers vs. UNC to go along with Thomas and Cooper.

Plus I expect them to keep trying to open up thru the air like we did against Texas A&M

Hokie_Pokie08
09-25-2008, 04:22 PM
Take a listen to VT's punter Brent Bowden. He plays the guitar. Apparently he has wanted to play the Enter Sandman riffs in full football gear as the team runs out for a home game. He is pretty good.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=826912

Joeyjr09
09-25-2008, 04:29 PM
Take a listen to VT's punter Brent Bowden. He plays the guitar. Apparently he has wanted to play the Enter Sandman riffs in full football gear as the team runs out for a home game. He is pretty good.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=826912

I love Enter Sandman and he does sound ok but having your freaking punter (he's not even a kicker, he's a punter) play the guitar in full pads while your team is introduced might be the single dumbest idea I've ever heard.

They would be laughed at to no end.

Hokie_Pokie08
09-25-2008, 04:33 PM
I love Enter Sandman and he does sound ok but having your freaking punter (he's not even a kicker, he's a punter) play the guitar in full pads while your team is introduced might be the single dumbest idea I've ever heard.

They would be laughed at to no end.

Have you seen a picture of him? He looks like Sunshine from Remember the Titans so I don't think he is worried about getting laughed at. And as long as it is done at a home game and he does it well the crowd will go crazy.

Joeyjr09
09-25-2008, 04:38 PM
Have you seen a picture of him? He looks like Sunshine from Remember the Titans so I don't think he is worried about getting laughed at. And as long as it is done at a home game and he does it well the crowd will go crazy.

IF he looked like Owen Schmitt from WVU and played a tough position like LB or FB then it'd be much cooler. I'd be down to see that.

But a long haired blonde punter is gonna come across looking like Clay Aiken.

Really bad idea.

BamaFalcon59
09-27-2008, 02:15 PM
Good thing NC is an average team.

At least we beat them when they had their QB for the most part.

djp
09-27-2008, 02:28 PM

That Sexton kid has some moxie and a nice arm. He'll be pretty good for them.

Can't really say anything else to refute what you're saying, Bill Young was terribly outcoached and our DBs (DVD, Grant) are really bad.

Any team with any kind of WR's will toast us, as we saw today.

Taking Marve out when he looked like 1983 Dan Marino in the 1st quarter was really stupid.

J-Shock
09-27-2008, 02:32 PM
I had NC winning the ACC preseason. Nice game.

BamaFalcon59
09-27-2008, 02:38 PM
That Sexton kid has some moxie and a nice arm. He'll be pretty good for them.

Can't really say anything else to refute what you're saying, Bill Young was terribly outcoached and our DBs (DVD, Grant) are really bad.

Any team with any kind of WR's will toast us, as we saw today.

Taking Marve out when he looked like 1983 Dan Marino in the 1st quarter was really stupid.

It's really not a knock on UM, I think they will be very good, especially in the future. It was more towards Joey, who trashed VT for not thrashing UNC and GT.

Joeyjr09
09-27-2008, 05:52 PM

I still think UNC is an average team.

Dude, Miami was 5-7 last season.

We are hoping for 8 wins this year.

You guys talk like your the class of the ACC. We are just hoping for a shot to compete for the title.

Fact is, you don't look any better then us, GT, UNC or Maryland at this point.

Joeyjr09
09-27-2008, 09:43 PM
Damn, bama. After the way yall are crushing Nebraska. I might have to change my position. Easily your most impressive game all season. Tonite y'all look legit.

BamaFalcon59
09-27-2008, 10:54 PM
I still think UNC is an average team.

Dude, Miami was 5-7 last season.

We are hoping for 8 wins this year.

You guys talk like your the class of the ACC. We are just hoping for a shot to compete for the title.

Fact is, you don't look any better then us, GT, UNC or Maryland at this point.

LOL. Okay. Logic? We beat two of the three teams, and have the best record of the bunch, along with a tough schedule.

Joeyjr09
09-28-2008, 09:28 AM
LOL. Okay. Logic? We beat two of the three teams, and have the best record of the bunch, along with a tough schedule.

Logic was that before this week. Your record was the same as the rest of the teams on the list, and the 2 teams you bet were by a combine 6 points. That doesn't mean you are better then them, it means you are pretty damn close to being them.

If you would have thrashed those two teams then you would be better then them but you only beat them by 3 points each in hard fought back and forth games each time. That means the teams are pretty evenly matched. Not that you are head and shoulders better.

You looked like world beaters finally this weekend but up until the Nebraska game, you looked like every other average ACC team.

BamaFalcon59
09-28-2008, 10:17 AM
Logic was that before this week. Your record was the same as the rest of the teams on the list, and the 2 teams you bet were by a combine 6 points. That doesn't mean you are better then them, it means you are pretty damn close to being them.

If you would have thrashed those two teams then you would be better then them but you only beat them by 3 points each in hard fought back and forth games each time. That means the teams are pretty evenly matched. Not that you are head and shoulders better.

You looked like world beaters finally this weekend but up until the Nebraska game, you looked like every other average ACC team.

Lol you are rediculous.

You beat a team, you are generally better. In college football, if you have a better record and beat a team you are better than them.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-28-2008, 10:51 AM
I think Maryland is the best in the ACC. They had a fluke loss to Middle Tennessee, but they absolutely crushed #23 Cal, they beat #20 Clemson at Death Valley despite playing pretty poorly. To me they have great athletes on defense and on offense have a great run game and game changing receivers. They are getting good QB play and have Josh Portis who comes in and provides an extra threat in "Tebow" type packages.

etk
10-05-2008, 10:29 PM
^lol at the irony.

Now who's the best??

*scratches head* UNC?

Us by the end of the season....hopefully we still have a shot by then.

BamaFalcon59
10-06-2008, 12:29 AM
The best would be Virginia Tech.. You can't be the best unless you beat the best. And neither UNC or Georgia Tech. beat us.

gonzo1105
10-06-2008, 09:24 AM
Virginia Tech is the best team in the ACC this year. They are not a dominating team but they do things well in all three phases of the game. Wake Forest is a good fundamental team that gives people fits but that lose to Navy is a big blemish on their resume. Miami and FSU have talent and could upset anyone but still dont get enough out of the QB position. Clemson just proves that they can't win when it truly counts.

Virginia Tech
Wake Forest
Clemson
Georgia Tech
UNC

This would probably be my top 5 right now as no one is really dominant and its anyones league but losing 2 conference games might not necessarily push you out of the title picture.

BamaFalcon59
10-06-2008, 09:27 AM
If Bowden leaves does their recruiting take a hit? Virginia Tech. hasn't had problems beating them (they last beat us in like 1989), but I would like if we wouldn't have to compete with them for recruits so often. A lot of players like Clemson.

SuperKevin
10-06-2008, 11:04 AM
If Bowden leaves does their recruiting take a hit?

Probably just knowing that players won't be able to get away with murder anymore down at FSU.

Hokie_Pokie08
10-06-2008, 12:36 PM
Probably just knowing that players won't be able to get away with murder anymore down at FSU.

I think he was talking about Tommy Bowden.

SuperKevin
10-06-2008, 01:44 PM
I think he was talking about Tommy Bowden.

My bad. I forgot people still talk about Clemson and Tommy Bowden

diabsoule
10-06-2008, 03:19 PM
I think Clemson needs to get rid of Tommy Bowden. He's an incredibly average coach that hasn't done anything with the talent that he's had.

I think Turner Gill would do a great job down there.

SuperKevin
10-06-2008, 03:26 PM
I think Clemson needs to get rid of Tommy Bowden. He's an incredibly average coach that hasn't done anything with the talent that he's had.

I think Turner Gill would do a great job down there.

Turner Gill would do well anywhere but I feel he's going to stay in Buffalo until the Nebraska job opens up

diabsoule
10-06-2008, 03:28 PM
Turner Gill would do well anywhere but I feel he's going to stay in Buffalo until the Nebraska job opens up

But Nebraska just hired a coach unless you think they get rid of Bo Pellini in a few years.

etk
10-07-2008, 10:16 PM

The ceiling is pretty low in Buffalo....I say him and Danny Barrett bolt sooner rather than later.

and yes I think UNC is the best unless Wake has a solid showing on Thursday.

awfullyquiet
10-10-2008, 01:26 AM
i think right now the ACC is up for grabs every week anyway.

this is a crazy season.

vatech=accdomination
10-10-2008, 07:10 AM
Wake inside the 20 is embarrassing, I know they did not have Swank, but that was a sad performance, they should have won by 20+

BamaFalcon59
10-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Wake isn't athletic enough, Clemson isn't tough enough.

If VT beats Boston College next week (night game), then we should win the coastal IMO. Maryland is on a Thursday night at home, FSU has no QB play. Miami is athletic, they should be tough. Then we have Duke and Virginia. We really aren't a top team, but we have a realistic shot at winning out.

etk
10-11-2008, 11:33 PM
Yeah we dug ourselves a hole and we may not have an exit. Even if Nix magically ignites our offense we still have to rely on VT losing to some mediocre teams.

SuperKevin
10-11-2008, 11:36 PM
Marc Verica has been a godsend for a struggling Virginia Cavaliers team. He's turned them into one of the 4 worst teams in the nation into a team that can now put up some points in back to back wins over former ranked teams Maryland and East Carolina.

vatech=accdomination
10-11-2008, 11:43 PM
Yeah, UVA as a whole is baffling me, their RB's( Cedric Peerman specifically) have decided to show up.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-12-2008, 07:52 AM
Still will be hard to make a bowl game but we will see. Eugene Monroe is starting to play like a top pick, and at this point Clint Sintim is unblockable coming off the edge on pass downs, I think a definite late round 2-early round 4 prospect.

SuperKevin
10-13-2008, 04:16 PM
not that he did anything this season anyway, FSU senior FB Joe Surratt was dismissed from the team for administrative reasons

SeanTaylorRIP
10-18-2008, 03:02 PM
Maryland was absolutely dominant today beating Wake 26-0. That's why I said a couple weeks back that Maryland I felt was the best team in the conference. The sad part is they play awful against crappy teams.

BamaFalcon59
10-18-2008, 03:44 PM
I would have perferred Clemson beat Georgia Tech..

My predicted second half of the season for Virginia Tech..

Boston College- L...they match up well against us.
Maryland- W...Bud Foster won't let a team with no QB beat us. Thursday night in Blacksburgh seals the deal.
Florida State- W...I'm not buying Christian Ponder.
Miami- W...Again, the QB thing gives us an edge. But they have talent.
Duke- W...Cutliffe is doing good, but we won't lose this.
Virginia- W...another dominating game in a dominated rivalry.

And then I think we win the ACC in the title game. In order the hardest games IMO will be Boston College, Miami, Florida State, Maryland, Duke, Virginia.

Then we get emberrassed, once again, in a BCS bowl.

thenewfeature06
10-18-2008, 03:50 PM
dont sleep on maryland... or fsu... or THE U .. they all are capable of beating the hokies

BamaFalcon59
10-18-2008, 03:53 PM
dont sleep on maryland... or fsu... or THE U .. they all are capable of beating the hokies

Get out of here. I know they are capable. But it's called a prediction.

And Maryland is playing good, but no way will a QBless team beat the Hokies on a Thursday night in Blacksburgh.

djp
10-18-2008, 03:53 PM

We can't even beat Duke, let alone VT.

SuperKevin
10-18-2008, 08:34 PM
Maryland was absolutely dominant today beating Wake 26-0. That's why I said a couple weeks back that Maryland I felt was the best team in the conference. The sad part is they play awful against crappy teams.

A bunch of my friends went to that game today

d34ng3l021
10-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Matty Ice's presence alone pushes BC to rise over VT

SuperKevin
10-18-2008, 09:40 PM
Virginia is a completely different team with Marc Verica at QB. The fact that he's not turned Virginia into a competitive team should get him the ACC Player of the Year honors. I know that won't happen though.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-18-2008, 10:37 PM
Virginia is a completely different team with Marc Verica at QB. The fact that he's not turned Virginia into a competitive team should get him the ACC Player of the Year honors. I know that won't happen though.

UVA looks real good right now. Clint Sintim and the D are playing great. Verica is so accurate and Cedric Peerman is a home run hitter. Runs kind of like the Burner Turner. Doesn't hurt to have Mikell Simpson also. Also finally they have some wideouts. Oggletree is great, Covington is solid, and Darrell Green's son Jared looks real promising. Tall and good speed. Also John Phillips is another in the line of great UVA tight ends. As a pro prospect he obviously isn't Heath Miller but I like him more like Santi because of size. Whereas Santi was a slow copy of Dallas Clark in that mold, Phillips is in the Milller/Todd Heap mold.

BamaFalcon59
10-18-2008, 11:03 PM
I would have perferred Clemson beat Georgia Tech..

My predicted second half of the season for Virginia Tech..

Boston College- L...they match up well against us.
Maryland- W...Bud Foster won't let a team with no QB beat us. Thursday night in Blacksburgh seals the deal.
Florida State- W...I'm not buying Christian Ponder.
Miami- W...Again, the QB thing gives us an edge. But they have talent.
Duke- W...Cutliffe is doing good, but we won't lose this.
Virginia- W...another dominating game in a dominated rivalry.

And then I think we win the ACC in the title game. In order the hardest games IMO will be Boston College, Miami, Florida State, Maryland, Duke, Virginia.

Then we get emberrassed, once again, in a BCS bowl.

So far so good. They have a great pair of defensive tackles and we couldn't run the ball all night, and their coordinator Spaziani took advantage of an offense ran by first and second year players.

Next week will be tough. I think we pull it out. After that, I expect us to win out.

awfullyquiet
10-18-2008, 11:30 PM
Matty Ice's presence alone pushes BC to rise over VT

I was terribly impressed with bc, and disappointed with VT. almost a shame.

BamaFalcon59
10-18-2008, 11:40 PM
I was terribly impressed with bc, and disappointed with VT. almost a shame.

I was disappointed, but not too much. Look at our offensive strength, which is the power run. Our weakness is the youth. Boston College has two huge defensive tackles that wrecked our running game all night, and their defensive coordinator, Spaziani, who is a great coordinator, took advantage of our youth.

etk
10-19-2008, 09:13 AM
We can win our way to the ACC Championship game, I think. Just like any other ACC fan right now, I'll be disappointed if we don't.

Joeyjr09
10-19-2008, 10:27 PM
I was disappointed, but not too much. Look at our offensive strength, which is the power run. Our weakness is the youth. Boston College has two huge defensive tackles that wrecked our running game all night, and their defensive coordinator, Spaziani, who is a great coordinator, took advantage of our youth.

Let me start by saying I'm not expecting to beat VT. I think VT and GT our 2 losses for us waiting to happen. I think we beat WF this week, they just don't show me enough on offense for me to think they can beat us. We should pull out a low scoring close game.

But if your saying that the key to beating VT is to stop the running game, your in for a load of trouble with Miami. Only rusher that has gotten over 100 yard on us all year is Christian Ponder. In fact, only 2 teams have gain over 100 yards rushing on us all year, Duke (142 yards on 44 carries) and FSU (281 yards on 54 carries). Overall for the season we have given up 687 yards on 250 carries for a 2.78 YPC average. If there's one thing we are really good at, it's shutting down a teams running game.

The only running back that's had any sort of success against us was Antone Smith who ran for 97 yards on 27 carries and a 3.4 average. Not exactly stellar and clearly the FSU game was the exception not the rule considering we allowed them close to 300 yards rushing when only 1 other team has even managed to break the 100 yard mark.

I know in the FSU game you said your not buy Christian Ponder, but outside of the WF game, he has had a much better year then just about every QB in the ACC (TT included) and FSU's defense is going to give you guys fits. I'll be shocked if you win that game.

SuperKevin
10-20-2008, 09:08 AM
So far so good. They have a great pair of defensive tackles and we couldn't run the ball all night, and their coordinator Spaziani took advantage of an offense ran by first and second year players.

Next week will be tough. I think we pull it out. After that, I expect us to win out.

I wouldn't be too confident going into the Virginia game. They look like a completely different team now than they did in the first 3 weeks.

thenewfeature06
10-21-2008, 05:30 PM
I wouldn't be too confident going into the Virginia game. They look like a completely different team now than they did in the first 3 weeks.

i coudlnt agree more... they showed the heart to come back and win in the carolina game but even before that when they shut out the terps

SeanTaylorRIP
10-21-2008, 05:44 PM
IMO the UVA offense is much better than the Tech offense. First off they have a better line which is key, their backs are much better than Tech's. Darren Evans is a nice young runner but doesn't have much explosion. Hurts to lose Kenny Lewis. At this point Cedric Peerman and Mikell Simpson are much more dynamic backs and polished backs, and Rashawn Jackson is one of the better FB's in the conference. UVA obviously has far superior TE's both receiving and blocking, and they have much better Wideouts. Tech has a bunch of inexperienced physcially raw receivers who lack any consistency. Dyrell shows flashes but shouldn't be a starter in the ACC right now but is forced to. Coale is their most consistent Wideout but that isn't saying much. For UVA Kevin Oggletree and Covington are big, fast, strong, and polished. Jared Green is the youngster with speed a great height. In terms of QB's Marc Verica isn't any worse than Tyrod. Tyrod obviously ads the dynamic of running, but Verica is much more accurate, much more poised in the pocket, and much smarter making reads. That's not to say Tyrod won't develop those things because he will end up a far superior QB to Verica, but at this point the lack of weapons is hurting his development. He has nice touch and a good arm, but has inconsistent accuracy and bolts the pocket too early. As far as defenses go UVA has a better pass rush, definitely better backers, and in general a much better front 7. Tech though is superior in the secondary, although UVA has 3 solid DB's. Obviously Tech has the special teams advantage, but Al Groh as a coach can really gameplan nicely.

BamaFalcon59
10-21-2008, 06:16 PM
Dyrell Roberts is not starting, Jerett Boykin is. The point stands, though.

Also, since everyone is talking up UVA I would accept a sig bet on the UVA-VT game. Heck, I'll take any kind of bet.

We won't lose to UVA.

And UVA doesn't have a much better front 7. No way. We don't have a ton of big names, but ours is better. To say theirs is much better is just false.

etk
10-21-2008, 08:28 PM
Just the fact that you expect to win out from here on in this conference is mind-boggling. Your guarantees mean nothing to me because you still can't come to grips with the fact that your roster lacks talent and you won't be able to squeak out several close wins in a row. It's just completely illogical from a statistical perspective.....the probability is so unlikely and yet you make it seem like you'll be heart-broken if you lose one more game. The reality is that VT could lose any of their next games, just like any other team in the ACC not playing Duke or NCST.

BamaFalcon59
10-21-2008, 08:48 PM
Just the fact that you expect to win out from here on in this conference is mind-boggling. Your guarantees mean nothing to me because you still can't come to grips with the fact that your roster lacks talent and you won't be able to squeak out several close wins in a row. It's just completely illogical from a statistical perspective.....the probability is so unlikely and yet you make it seem like you'll be heart-broken if you lose one more game. The reality is that VT could lose any of their next games, just like any other team in the ACC not playing Duke or NCST.

Ok dude, find where I said we will get easy wins against Miami, Maryland, or FSU. Please!

Miami may have 'talent', too bad they still suck. Considering how much VT has dominated the ACC in recent years, and how big of a joke Miami has been, you shouldn't really be trash talking.

etk
10-21-2008, 09:06 PM
Ok dude, find where I said we will get easy wins against Miami, Maryland, or FSU. Please!

Miami may have 'talent', too bad they still suck. Considering how much VT has dominated the ACC in recent years, and how big of a joke Miami has been, you shouldn't really be trash talking.

Easy wins? When did I say that. You specifically said you expect to win out the rest of the year. I assume you think/know it will be tough, and I'm explaining to you how unlikely it is that you will not lose another game. I'm not talking trash. I didn't mention Miami once in my post. You just attacked me for no reason pretty much.

Do we suck now? Depends on your interpretation. 4-3 with all 3 losses being pretty close to decent teams in not sucky, but considering what we're capable of it....it sucks to be a fan.

VT has dominated the ACC in recent years? 2 Coastal championships, 2 ACC titles. Congrats. Both championship years you ended up with 3 losses. The other year being the 27-7 victory we had in your house when you guys were ranked #3. You guys must be pretty bad to lose to a joke like Miami and then another joke like FSU, amirite? Now that's trash-talking.

Joeyjr09
10-21-2008, 09:26 PM

1st off etk never said easy wins. He said you were crazy for thinking you will win out as as evidence by multiple posts on here think that UVA will beat you, there seem to be plenty of others that would agree your prediction is off the wall to say the least.

I love how Miami dominates VT for pretty much their entire existence, you have a few goods years and suddenly you feel like you can say Miami sucks and tell us to stop trash talking. Please dude, save it. All your doing is digging yourself a bigger hole. When FSU comes out and makes you look silly this weekend, there's gonna be alot of people coming on here and ripping you, I hope your ready for it. And you better pray that's your last loss of the season.

BamaFalcon59
10-21-2008, 09:39 PM
You can all hate on VT, I don't care. Fact is, we lost 16 key contributors and still are probably the favorites to win the ACC. I'm not going to start a flame war with the numerous Miami Fl. fans on this board.

Now, I expected very difficult games against Boston College, Florida State, and Miami. I gave us two out of three. I don't see what is illogical about that. We could lose all three, we could have won all three.

As far as Maryland, I do expect a win. Quarterbackless teams generally don't beat VT on a Thursday night in Blacksburgh. I just don't see it happening.

Duke is on their way up, but no loss there.

And Virginia may be playing well, but we won't lose to them. Take my word for it. It's a one sided rivalry, and although both teams are on down years I expect us to win it.

Where as I could easily see us winning out, or losing two more, if. when we do win the ACC I expect us to get emberrassed in a BCS bowl. We are not a good team. But I don't think any of the rest of the ACC is much better. FSU could definitely give us trouble, but they happen to play a style of defense (man) that Tyrod has his best games against. It's a toss up. Miami is athletic, it's a toss up.

But I'll stick to my 10-2/ 9-3 season prediction that I have had most of the year.

etk
10-21-2008, 09:45 PM
You see I count Virginia and Maryland as difficult games as well, making it 4 remaining difficult games. Good luck with those.

vatech=accdomination
10-22-2008, 09:57 AM
Miami hold a 16-8 lead with 12 of those wins coming from 1953-1995, so they are 4-8 vs Vt in the last 12 years, but, who cares. Who outside of BC has beaten VT at home on a Thursday night? What is Al Groh's career record against Frank Beamer? Duke is still Duke, although you never know, and FSU will probably beat us. And whoever said VT lacks talent I laugh at you, keep believing your Rivals b/s over actually scouting players. They do not lack talent, they lack offensive coaching, everything on that offense is Wrong, O' Cain needs to be fired and Newsome needs to be moved to TE coach, Stinespring needs to be moved back to OL, Kevin Rodgers needs to be brought back as OC/QB, and Chris Beatty for the WR's.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-22-2008, 10:43 AM
You can all hate on VT, I don't care. Fact is, we lost 16 key contributors and still are probably the favorites to win the ACC. I'm not going to start a flame war with the numerous Miami Fl. fans on this board.

Now, I expected very difficult games against Boston College, Florida State, and Miami. I gave us two out of three. I don't see what is illogical about that. We could lose all three, we could have won all three.

As far as Maryland, I do expect a win. Quarterbackless teams generally don't beat VT on a Thursday night in Blacksburgh. I just don't see it happening.

Duke is on their way up, but no loss there.

And Virginia may be playing well, but we won't lose to them. Take my word for it. It's a one sided rivalry, and although both teams are on down years I expect us to win it.

Where as I could easily see us winning out, or losing two more, if. when we do win the ACC I expect us to get emberrassed in a BCS bowl. We are not a good team. But I don't think any of the rest of the ACC is much better. FSU could definitely give us trouble, but they happen to play a style of defense (man) that Tyrod has his best games against. It's a toss up. Miami is athletic, it's a toss up.

But I'll stick to my 10-2/ 9-3 season prediction that I have had most of the year.

No one is hating on Tech, but the rest of us know that the entire ACC is a toss up every week, where as you feel like Tech is going to win every week and you pimp their young guys like they are worlds better than the young talent Miami has.

BamaFalcon59
10-22-2008, 04:11 PM
No, I just hate how Miami has that cockiness about them despite being mediocre the past few years. That, and that they think they are always on top because Rivals rates their recruits higher.

I think Miami has a fine team that will only get better. I just don't like when VT is looked down upon.

Joeyjr09
10-22-2008, 06:15 PM
No, I just hate how Miami has that cockiness about them despite being mediocre the past few years. That, and that they think they are always on top because Rivals rates their recruits higher.

I think Miami has a fine team that will only get better. I just don't like when VT is looked down upon.

We don't look down on your program. You constantly trash us all season so you need to expect to get the same in return. All anyone has said is that your predictions are crazy. And casual fan, sits back, sees fairly underwhelming play (despite their talent) for much of the year and losses to BC and ECU. Good teams ddon't lose to BC and ECU. We aren't looking down at VT. We are calling them what they are. Just another ACC team this year. They have losses to team they shouldnt lose to and close games with most of the rest of the division's medicore teams. They are just part of the pack.

Dude, Miami has more national titles, more HTH victories and has been a better program for longer then VT. If you don't want Miami fans to bring that up, then stop making stupid homer predictions like running the table after losing to crap programs like BC and ECU and stop trashing Miami for losing the last what 2-3 years when they have a history of beating the crap out of you.

You bring it on yourself. You can't try to trash our program based on the last 2-3 years and not expect us to bring up the fact that we own you in every way outside of the past 2-3 seasons.

BTW...It isn't that Rivals rates our recruits higher that makes us think we are better. It's the fact that you can see the talent we are bring in is better then most of the nation (as evidenced by the play of our freshman this season). You can't really sit there and say Miami didn't bring in more freshman talent then VT because that is simply not true. Look at the play of our freshmen. There isn't a team in the country that has that kind of impact from freshmen.

BamaFalcon59
10-22-2008, 06:23 PM
Dude, Miami has more national titles, more HTH victories and has been a better program for longer then VT. If you don't want Miami fans to bring that up, then stop making stupid homer predictions like running the table after losing to crap programs like BC and ECU and stop trashing Miami for losing the last what 2-3 years when they have a history of beating the crap out of you.

You bring it on yourself. You can't try to trash our program based on the last 2-3 years and not expect us to bring up the fact that we own you in every way outside of the past 2-3 seasons.

BTW...It isn't that Rivals rates our recruits higher that makes us think we are better. It's the fact that you can see the talent we are bring in is better then most of the nation (as evidenced by the play of our freshman this season). You can't really sit there and say Miami didn't bring in more freshman talent then VT because that is simply not true. Look at the play of our freshmen. There isn't a team in the country that has that kind of impact from freshmen.

As already pointed out, we are 8-4 in recent history. We have owned you for longer than 3 years. Get over yourself. Miami is living off of the past. Since being in the ACC we have been way, way better. Since joining the Big East we have a better winning percentage and h2h. If you want to talk about beating us as a non big-6 program, then congrats to you.

Second of all, Miami lost to North Carolina and North Carolina in 'down years', neither of which are better than Boston College has been the past few years. Trashing BC is ignorant (typical of Miami fans), they have the second best record in the ACC since it re-aligned. Miami was 12-13 in their two 'down years'. VT is 5-2 in a down year and may win the ACC.

UM has a fine class of freshman. But people often trash VT recruiting when the players are 2 and 3 stars. But our 2 and 3 star players will often play better than 4 and 5 star players across the country. Our recruiting isn't poor, it's actually amazing. We find a ton of gems. Yet other teams think they have a clear talent edge because of some site's rankings.

Miami is a great program, but they often give off a feeling of superiority I just dislike.

Joeyjr09
10-22-2008, 07:13 PM
As already pointed out, we are 8-4 in recent history. We have owned you for longer than 3 years. Get over yourself. Miami is living off of the past. Since being in the ACC we have been way, way better. Since joining the Big East we have a better winning percentage and h2h. If you want to talk about beating us as a non big-6 program, then congrats to you.

Second of all, Miami lost to North Carolina and North Carolina in 'down years', neither of which are better than Boston College has been the past few years. Trashing BC is ignorant (typical of Miami fans), they have the second best record in the ACC since it re-aligned. Miami was 12-13 in their two 'down years'. VT is 5-2 in a down year and may win the ACC.

UM has a fine class of freshman. But people often trash VT recruiting when the players are 2 and 3 stars. But our 2 and 3 star players will often play better than 4 and 5 star players across the country. Our recruiting isn't poor, it's actually amazing. We find a ton of gems. Yet other teams think they have a clear talent edge because of some site's rankings.

Miami is a great program, but they often give off a feeling of superiority I just dislike.

The 8-4 record you like to bring up is simply a twisting to stats to bring you own conclusion. You dated back to 1995. Funny how 1995-1998 and 2004-2008 are the biggest rebuilding projects in Miami history including a probation period included. If your going to include our two rebuilding periods, then you need to include 2 periods where we were playing well, only fair. I promise you the stats will tell a different story then. I could spin stats all day by just picking and chosing certain times when Miami completely owned VT but that wouldn't be fair to VT would it? Bottom line is we have NC that you only dream of and we own you dirty style in the HTH match ups.

Nobody here has once trashed a single VT freshmen. Are you that dense? All we are saying is that our freshmen are better. There's no denying that. There isn't a single analyst in the country that would not say Miami has the number 1 freshmen class at this point.

You just like to pick bones with everything Miami. Not a single Miami fan on here hasn't said anything that wasn't backed by most posters from other teams.

Seriously dude, WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM. All we did was bring up the fact that you were wearing serious homer glasses when making a prediction and you go off the deep end and start trashing our rebuilding period, your fans attitudes and bitched about recruiting when NO ONE ON HERE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT VT RECRUITING. Come on man, people didn't like your prediction, deal with it. No need to trash everything Miami related just because people didn't agree with your prediction.

And like I already said, if your gonna trash Miami, you need to expect to get ripped right back. You can say anything you want about how our program is down and trash our recent records and yada, yada, yada but at the end of the day, we still own you in the HTH record and we have the Championships to back it up.

You hate this feeling of superiority we have but you know what, we are superior. We are beating you 5-0 in National Titles and 16-8 HTH. Nothing you can say will change that. So if you insist on trashing our program for millions of pointless reasons expect us to act superior, especially when every measure of a program says we are superior.

BamaFalcon59
10-22-2008, 07:34 PM
Good to know Miami is living off beating us 20 years ago!

Please inform me when the last time Miami even won their own conference. '03? They have become nearly irrelevent. They have a good team this year, but like I have said UM is living off of the past. Recent history (since VT joined the BigEast in 1995; same conference as UM) VT has a better winning %, a better head to head, and one less conference title (VT: '95, '96, '99, '04, '07; Miami: '95, '96, '00, '01, '02, '03).

Since being paired in the same conferences, Miami definitely has not dominated VT. In fact, considering head to head and winning percentage paired with recent dominance, VT has a strong case for being better recently. And since joining the ACC it is no contest, VT has been the better program.

Joeyjr09
10-22-2008, 08:49 PM
Good to know Miami is living off beating us 20 years ago!

Please inform me when the last time Miami even won their own conference. '03? They have become nearly irrelevent. They have a good team this year, but like I have said UM is living off of the past. Recent history (since VT joined the BigEast in 1995; same conference as UM) VT has a better winning %, a better head to head, and one less conference title (VT: '95, '96, '99, '04, '07; Miami: '95, '96, '00, '01, '02, '03).

Since being paired in the same conferences, Miami definitely has not dominated VT. In fact, considering head to head and winning percentage paired with recent dominance, VT has a strong case for being better recently. And since joining the ACC it is no contest, VT has been the better program.

Again, you include the biggest down periods in Miami history. 1995-1998 and 2004-2008. Of course the stats are going to be in your favor. Not only were we rebuilding, WE WERE ON PROBATION.

I love how you pick only the period of times that benefit your team and the case for your team and completely ignore all the other beatings Miami gave you.

And you know what? You suck at spinning stats as well. Because the stats you spin still give Miami the edge in Conference Championships and National Championships. Probably the 2 most important aspects of the whole conversation.

We don't have to live on beating you 20 years ago. We have 5 National Championships. How many do you have? ZERO! That means were have always been better then you. We have more Heisman's, more Conference Titles, more NFL players. We have you beat by every measure of a good college program.

But because you choose to ignore basically all of Miami's history outside of the 2 rebuilding periods, your ignorant ass thinks your the better program. Bro, take off the homer shades. It will take you decades just to match Miami, much less be a better. Even if you wanna go back to 1995 we still did what matter, we won titles. Not only did we win titles, we build what many consider the best team in college football history.

BamaFalcon59
10-22-2008, 09:03 PM
Again, you include the biggest down periods in Miami history. 1995-1998 and 2004-2008. Of course the stats are going to be in your favor. Not only were we rebuilding, WE WERE ON PROBATION.

I love how you pick only the period of times that benefit your team and the case for your team and completely ignore all the other beatings Miami gave you.

And you know what? You suck at spinning stats as well. Because the stats you spin still give Miami the edge in Conference Championships and National Championships. Probably the 2 most important aspects of the whole conversation.

We don't have to live on beating you 20 years ago. We have 5 National Championships. How many do you have? ZERO! That means were have always been better then you. We have more Heisman's, more Conference Titles, more NFL players. We have you beat by every measure of a good college program.

But because you choose to ignore basically all of Miami's history outside of the 2 rebuilding periods, your ignorant ass thinks your the better program. Bro, take off the homer shades. It will take you decades just to match Miami, much less be a better. Even if you wanna go back to 1995 we still did what matter, we won titles. Not only did we win titles, we build what many consider the best team in college football history.

Lol, I have included the PAST 13 YEARS! Sorry, if we beat you in the past 13 years that's good enough for me. You can keep complaining about be spinning stats, I'm being logical. I am using the time period where Miami and VT have been in the same conference. Nothing biased there. And in that period we have a better win % and head to head.

By your standards, yeah it will take us decades. It will take AT LEAST nine more years, because even though we have owned you for over a decade that's not good enough. By your standards we have to win the overall head to head, no matter if we played 100 years ago.

Dude, you can pull out wins from whenever. The thing is that since being in the same conference VT has been nearly impressive, and since joining the ACC more impressive. I understand you being upset that your program is on the down where as mine is still heading up. Being the fan of a 16-16 team over the past few years is probably not too fun.

Joeyjr09
10-22-2008, 10:04 PM
Lol, I have included the PAST 13 YEARS! Sorry, if we beat you in the past 13 years that's good enough for me. You can keep complaining about be spinning stats, I'm being logical. I am using the time period where Miami and VT have been in the same conference. Nothing biased there. And in that period we have a better win % and head to head.

By your standards, yeah it will take us decades. It will take AT LEAST nine more years, because even though we have owned you for over a decade that's not good enough. By your standards we have to win the overall head to head, no matter if we played 100 years ago.

Dude, you can pull out wins from whenever. The thing is that since being in the same conference VT has been nearly impressive, and since joining the ACC more impressive. I understand you being upset that your program is on the down where as mine is still heading up. Being the fan of a 16-16 team over the past few years is probably not too fun.

Your gonna have a hell of time arguing that you were better then us in this past decade when we went to 2 National Title games, winning one of them with the arguably the best team in college football history and we won more conference titles during that time to boot.

Even with 2 rebuilding periods and a probation period, we still got more accomplished this past decade then you have in your entire existence.

But yea, ya'll are alot better. :rolleyes:

BTW...How exactly is your program heading up? You just got trashed by Kansas last year, are unlikely to get back to a BCS bowl this year. That means you took a step back, not heading up.

BTW...You got a whopping 1 more win then us this season playing a much weaker schedule. Your biggest OOC game is 3 loss Nebraska. Replace them with the top 10 Gators and your record is exactly the same as ours.

BamaFalcon59
10-22-2008, 10:14 PM
Your gonna have a hell of time arguing that you were better then us in this past decade when we went to 2 National Title games, winning one of them with the arguably the best team in college football history and we won more conference titles during that time to boot.

Even with 2 rebuilding periods and a probation period, we still got more accomplished this past decade then you have in your entire existence.

But yea, ya'll are alot better. :rolleyes:

BTW...How exactly is your program heading up? You just got trashed by Kansas last year, are unlikely to get back to a BCS bowl this year. That means you took a step back, not heading up.

On a consistent basis since 1995 we have been just as good. As far as winning the conference, it is almost a 1:1 ratio. We have been more consistantly good, where as UM has had a few top years. Also we've won head to head and overall winning percentage.

Lol. We have as good odds as any ACC team to make it to a BCS bowl. How is our program heading up? Well, we went from a non-big 6 to the Big East and competed consistently. Now we're the top player in the ACC since joining it. Then, we are getting recognition; players around the country respect us. We didn't used to have that. Once we get an offensive coordinator, it will be game over.

Joeyjr09
10-22-2008, 10:23 PM
How is our program heading up? Well, we went from a non-big 6 to the Big East and competed consistently. Now we're the top player in the ACC since joining it. Then, we are getting recognition; players around the country respect us. We didn't used to have that. Once we get an offensive coordinator, it will be game over.

Lol, that's you reason for saying your program is heading up? Because you joined a BCS Conference, win some ACC games and get national respect?

Buddy, if your really touting your program for trying to getting to that level, then you really need to step back from the Miami bashing because we have been at that level for over 40 years, not to mention, we reached the pinnacle of CFB 5 times.

Hypocrite.

BTW: When you win 1 National Title then maybe you can say you have been just as good as Miami this past decade. Until then, your arguement is baseless.

BamaFalcon59
10-22-2008, 10:59 PM
We have been on an upswing for 20 years. You have been on a downward spiral for five.

Why does it take 40 years? Just because you have been doing it longer doesn't mean it is any better. If a team gos from 0-12 to 14-0, that team did it. It doesn't need to do it 40 years for it to count. We have been doing it for over a decade and it is only getting better.

We win the conference as often as UM does since being in the BigEast. There is no way you can say UM is a vastly superior program at this point. While UM is the better program, due to the recognition it gets, in recent years VT is right with them if not above them.

SuperKevin
10-22-2008, 11:15 PM
I'm getting bored of the Miami-Virginia Tech talk.

Joeyjr09
10-22-2008, 11:44 PM
We have been on an upswing for 20 years. You have been on a downward spiral for five.

Why does it take 40 years? Just because you have been doing it longer doesn't mean it is any better. If a team gos from 0-12 to 14-0, that team did it. It doesn't need to do it 40 years for it to count. We have been doing it for over a decade and it is only getting better.

We win the conference as often as UM does since being in the BigEast. There is no way you can say UM is a vastly superior program at this point. While UM is the better program, due to the recognition it gets, in recent years VT is right with them if not above them.

In the history of the programs, Miami has more HTH wins, more BCS conference titles, more BCS bowl games, more Heisman trophy winners, more players in sent to the NFL, and more National Titles. End of Discussion.

kwilk103
10-22-2008, 11:59 PM
shouldnt we talking about the present?

SuperKevin
10-22-2008, 11:59 PM

For real. This thread is starting to sound like the Big East thread

Joeyjr09
10-23-2008, 12:07 AM

Miami did all this in the 80's, 90's and 00's. It's not like we are talking 50 years ago.

If by present you mean this season. Miami is (4-3) and VT is (5-2). Miami has a harder OOC schedule. If VT had faced Florida instead of Nebraska, we would be exactly the same.

awfullyquiet
10-23-2008, 12:15 AM
For real. This thread is starting to sound like the Big East thread

I don't hearing that especially as a former big easter myself ... but really sk...
What do you expect from the acc?

Menardo75
10-23-2008, 02:54 AM
How can you even argue that Va tech has been better than Miami? Miami had one of the best teams ever a couple years ago.

vatech=accdomination
10-23-2008, 07:21 AM
VT first really came onto the National Scene in 1995, I think they have had a pretty good go at it since. BamaFalcon represents his team, who cares, if he picks his team to win it all so be it.

And we lost to ECU's full team, not what they have right now. I will say it again, the only thing holding VT back is the OC, and it has been that way since Ricky Bustle left, until that is fixed, VT will never be a serious contender for a NC, and it needs to be fixed soon, because I have to wonder how long Bud Foster feels like scoring more than the offense and then have the game blamed on his "prevent defense".

iloxygenil
10-23-2008, 07:36 AM
Don't sleep on FSU, they gave away the Wake Forest game with 7 interceptions, and were still in the game late. That won't happen very often to this offense, prolly won't happen again for the rest of the year. Smith is a very good runningback, and the WR corps at Fla St is a matchup nightmare for anyone. Absolutely nasty. FSU's defense is one of the best in the country again, it's overlooked, but they're a very solid football team who very well could have a shot at the ACC title. I know Wake has to lose again, but they may, even with their stellar defense.

Va Tech, well I love them hokies too. I don't like Taylor's attitude, kid really pisses me off with how whacky he gets during games, reminds me of Marcus Vick, I'm just waiting on him to just stomp down on some dude's leg. But the Hokies are down this year in comparison to what they have been in recent years, but that's mostly because they're younger too. They'll finish strong, but look out next year is when they'll finally be getting things back to how they should be. The ECU game was a fluke.

vatech=accdomination
10-23-2008, 08:05 AM
Tyrod Taylor is in no way comparable to Marcus Vick, but I agree with your assessment otherwise, Bowl Eligibility was what I was hoping for, and they are one win away.

Another huge problem is VT's special teams, they are near the bottom in Kickoff Returns, punt return yardage allowed, and are dead last in punt returns for TD allowed. They also have had punts blocked and Macho Harris has been injured. The only good thing is Dustin Keys.

etk
10-24-2008, 09:01 AM
VT lacks talent. I don't have the slightest clue about their recruits and how highly rated they are. The only thing that matters is that I watch college ball all Saturday and I see a VT squad being overmatched talent-wise against mediocre teams like ECU. You can say your players are young but besides a couple defensive players I see no indication of blooming talent or athletic ability. We will ******* smoke you guys time and time again with the players we're getting.

Those Rivals rankings don't mean ****, again. Our best Fr LB is Sean Spence, not Arthur Brown. Ramon Buchanon hasn't seen the field. Tommy Streeter is redshirting while Thearon Collier and LaRon Byrd are making plays for us. Travis Benjamin might be the best tFr WR in the nation. It helps to get the highest-rated recruits, but a lot of our "diamonds in the rough" are producing as well.

Maybe your new recruits will be fine players in 2-3 years. The difference is that our freshmen are playing well now. Yours aren't ready to make the jump.

vatech=accdomination
10-24-2008, 01:05 PM
ECu at the beginning pf the season could have beat any team in the ACC, now they they are getting injured and have had suspensions, there lack of depth is showing.

How many good freshman has VT ever had, 2? Miami always has good freshman, if they progress is the real difference between VT and Miami of late, but alot of that is on Coker, we will have to see if Shannon is any better than he was in that front.