DM: Andrea Pirlo
DM: Jeremy Toulalan
LWM: David Silva
AM: Robin van Persie
RWM: Adrian Mutu
ST: Luca Toni

Eaglez.Fan
06-18-2008, 07:48 AM
How is Wicket losing. IMO he has no doubt the best team in this thing.

wicket
06-18-2008, 02:45 PM
cheers there, I like the support (actually think so myself but I'm a bit biased perhaps)

Addict
06-18-2008, 04:54 PM
How is Wicket losing. IMO he has no doubt the best team in this thing.

well both Mutu and Toni have not done much (so far in Toni's case), Toulalan made some pretty stupid decisions, If you want to re-check the first goal by romania in the game against Italy you'll see why Zambrotta isn't so hot IMO.

I can only judge by what I see.

Eaglez.Fan
06-18-2008, 05:06 PM
Toni has created chances which is why he's looked so bad. But you can't blame him for that, he'll but it in eventually. Mutu is awesome. And Zambrotta is still one of the best defenders in the tourny. That Romania goal was barely even his fault, just caught him in his blindspot.

Addict
06-18-2008, 05:30 PM
Toni has created chances which is why he's looked so bad. But you can't blame him for that, he'll but it in eventually. Mutu is awesome. And Zambrotta is still one of the best defenders in the tourny. That Romania goal was barely even his fault, just caught him in his blindspot.

Italy hasn't even scored a goal (that counts) from a field position yet. Their goals so far:

from a corner vs. romania
from a penalty against france
and from a free kick that was touched by Henry against france.

So far, Toni has been a massive dissapointment, as have been the Italians. I can't understand why people still consider them a contender at this point (not ruling out they could get better). They got their asses handed to them by Holland, didn't beat Croatia (yeah, I know, the toni goal wasn't offside) and quite frankly didn't look all that great against france either.

What all the italy-nuthuggers shouldn't forget is they beat a french team without Ribery and played with ten guys (not arguing the red card). Now I think Domenech is a complete idiot, but that's a different story.

They in no way look like the team that won it all two years ago.

Mutu is awesome but missed a penalty that could have sealed their placement in the QF's and did take a lot of stupid shots.