PDA

View Full Version : Any New Zealanders here?

BeerBaron
06-19-2008, 11:40 AM
I know of some Aussies, but anyone from New Zealand?

I read this list today: http://listverse.com/travel/top-20-cool-facts-about-new-zealand/

And it sounds like quite the amazing place. Might knock out Canada for my favorite country, lol.

#16 was my personal favorite:
16. New Zealand is a fairly liberal nation with homosexual marriage (Civil Union) being legal and prostitution, soliciting, and brothel keeping being legal. The driving age is 15, the consensual sex age is 16, and the drinking age is 18 (though minors accompanied by adults are allowed alcohol in restaurants).

badass. I can only think of one other thing that if they legalized would really put them over the top, lol.

So is there anyone here from there? I'd like to hear about someones personal experience.

Also, has anyone not from there visited there?

Crickett
06-19-2008, 11:45 AM
I wish I had been there. New Zealand has some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. If I had enough money to retire and had to do so outside of the United States for whatever reason, that would be the country I'd move to.

But in answer to your question, I'm guessing there are no kiwi's on this forum.

Oh, and one other thing: If you hate sheep, don't go there. Ever.

BeerBaron
06-19-2008, 11:49 AM
I wish I had been there. New Zealand has some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. If I had enough money to retire and had to do so outside of the United States for whatever reason, that would be the country I'd move to.

But in answer to your question, I'm guessing there are no kiwi's on this forum.

Oh, and one other thing: If you hate sheep, don't go there. Ever.

well, i think i'm ok with sheep, lol.

and unless/until i start making the big bucks, canada is probably the only other country i'll even be able to get to.

I just think the place sounded pretty amazing and anyone who has watched the LotR movies has seen a little of the beauty that NZ has to offer.

eaglesalltheway
06-19-2008, 12:31 PM
well, i think i'm ok with sheep, lol.

and unless/until i start making the big bucks, canada is probably the only other country i'll even be able to get to.

I just think the place sounded pretty amazing and anyone who has watched the LotR movies has seen a little of the beauty that NZ has to offer.

I feel your pain BeerBaron. I too have only been to Canada. I have been to several states though, including, Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, and confusion.

BeerBaron
06-19-2008, 12:35 PM
I feel your pain BeerBaron. I too have only been to Canada. I have been to several states though, including, Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, and confusion.

i've been to most of the states around PA, and also Tennessee and Missouri. And Canada like i said.....

my family was never one big on traveling. our vacations were always more camping/fishing type trips. so i haven't really gotten to travel much around the world like some people

eaglesalltheway
06-19-2008, 12:43 PM
nevermind.....

eaglesalltheway
06-19-2008, 12:47 PM
i've been to most of the states around PA, and also Tennessee and Missouri. And Canada like i said.....

my family was never one big on traveling. our vacations were always more camping/fishing type trips. so i haven't really gotten to travel much around the world like some people

Neither is mine, all of those southern states and Virginias were on one trip. I went down to see Talladega, I'm a Nascar fan. My family really only goes to the Poconos or the Jersey shore, and I've been to Niagara falls. I gotta say, if your gonna go there, stay on the canadian side. It is sooooo much cleaner than the US side. Funny story... about a year after our vacation there, my dad, DAD!!!, wet the bed because he was dreaming about using a Canadian Urinal at Niagara Falls. Anyone who doesn't find that funny doesn't have a pulse.

YAYareaRB
06-19-2008, 01:29 PM
Not to mention they play a pretty bad ass brand of Rugby.

fischbowl
06-19-2008, 10:09 PM
While New Zealand is pretty BAMF, nothing beats Canada

cunningham06
06-19-2008, 10:34 PM

I read this list today: http://listverse.com/travel/top-20-cool-facts-about-new-zealand/

And it sounds like quite the amazing place. Might knock out Canada for my favorite country, lol.

badass. I can only think of one other thing that if they legalized would really put them over the top, lol.

So is there anyone here from there? I'd like to hear about someones personal experience.

2 of my friends worked in New Zealand for a bit, and said it was absolutely nuts. As for the one other thing, so many people smoke there its basically legal. Not nearly the level of marijuana related crimes there as in the US.

My favorite part of New Zealand:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/28/Zorbing.jpg/800px-Zorbing.jpg

It's just rolling down a hill in a bubble but it looks really fun and I wanna give it a try.

TimD
06-19-2008, 10:38 PM
edit nevermind

MetSox17
06-19-2008, 10:40 PM
This is gonna turn into a hot chick from New Zealand thread..

eaglesfan_45
06-19-2008, 10:42 PM

I read this list today: http://listverse.com/travel/top-20-c...t-new-zealand/

16. New Zealand is a fairly liberal nation with homosexual marriage (Civil Union) being legal and prostitution, soliciting, and brothel keeping being legal. The driving age is 15, the consensual sex age is 16, and the drinking age is 18 (though minors accompanied by adults are allowed alcohol in restaurants).

Well no wonder its your favorite :D

Caddy
06-19-2008, 11:46 PM
It's just rolling down a hill in a bubble but it looks really fun and I wanna give it a try.

The only thing New Zealand is good for is extreme sports or possibly if you are interested in seeking out a career as a Shephard.

eaglesfan_45
06-20-2008, 03:39 AM
I miss the chatbox!!!! (off topic)

It was kind of nice being able to say things with no substance, now with no chatbox you have to post things that actually have substance :(

eaglesfan_45
06-20-2008, 03:41 AM
nvm, this is not here, and you are not reading this, continue on people nothing to see here.

eaglesalltheway
06-20-2008, 06:29 AM
I miss the chatbox!!!! (off topic)

It was kind of nice being able to say things with no substance, now with no chatbox you have to post things that actually have substance :(

Thats funny, because none of your posts have ever had any substance.

TheGreatEscape
06-20-2008, 09:33 AM
Neither is mine, all of those southern states and Virginias were on one trip. I went down to see Talladega, I'm a Nascar fan. My family really only goes to the Poconos or the Jersey shore, and I've been to Niagara falls. I gotta say, if your gonna go there, stay on the canadian side. It is sooooo much cleaner than the US side. Funny story... about a year after our vacation there, my dad, DAD!!!, wet the bed because he was dreaming about using a Canadian Urinal at Niagara Falls. Anyone who doesn't find that funny doesn't have a pulse.

Well Niagara county US is pretty much an s-hole throughout the county, so yeah stay in canada if you''re going to the falls. The US side has a serious crack problem, nuclear waste in the road beds and scariest of all, Falls' chicks.

rchrd
06-21-2008, 01:22 PM
Got a bit of family out there, they love it but I dont really know how that would help you at all. Just throwing it out there... :)

eaglesfan_45
06-22-2008, 04:51 AM
http://www.especially-balloons.co.uk/media/images/product_category/4890.jpg

(off topic)
Happy 21st MetSox! Sooooo, Hows it going?

BlindSite
06-22-2008, 07:27 PM
The only law there that's diff to australia is our driving age is 16yrs 6 months.

I've been to NZ for a week and a half, its nice, but I wouldn't want to move there.