PDA

View Full Version : The NFLDC Preseason All-American Team

Pages : [1] 2

SuperKevin
06-20-2008, 01:43 PM
We've done these before in the past and they are usually pretty fun. It's simple, you cast your vote as to who should make the team for each position. The top vote getter(s) get 1st team and the runner ups are on 2nd team. Each position is held open for voting for one day. if I'm not around to start a new one then I trust someone else will. When you vote, explain why you made your pick.

First Team NFLDC Preaseason Offensive All-Americans

QB---Tim Tebow Florida Jr
RB---Chris Wells Ohio State Jr
RB---Knowshon Moreno Georgia So
FB---Stanley Havili USC SO
WR---Michael Crabtree Texas Tech So
WR---Percy Harvin Florida Jr
TE---Travis Beckum Wisconsin Sr
OT---Michael Oher Ole Miss Sr
OT---Andre Smith Alabama Jr
OG---Duke Robinson Oklahoma Sr
OG---Herman Johnson LSU Sr
OC---Alex Mack Cal Sr
K---Thomas Webber Arizona State So
KR

First Team NFLDC Preseason Defensive All-Americans

DE---George Selvie USF Jr
DE---Greg Hardy Ole Miss Jr
DT---Fili Moala USC Sr
DT---Terrill Byrd Cincinnati Sr
LB---Brian Cushing USC Sr
LB---Marcus Freeman OSU Sr
LB---Rey Maualuga USC Sr
CB---Malcolm Jenkins OSU Sr
CB---Vontae Davis Illinois Jr
S---William Moore Missouri Sr
S---Taylor Mays USC Jr
P---Kevin Huber Cincinnati Sr
PR

Second Team NFLDC Preaseason Offensive All-Americans

QB---Matthew Stafford Georgia Jr
RB---LeSean Mccoy Pittsburgh So
RB---DeMarco Murray Oklahoma So
FB---Brannan Southerland Georgia Sr
WR---Jeremy Maclin Missouri So
WR---Derrius Heyward-Bey Maryland Jr
TE---Chase Coffman Missouri Sr
OT---Eugene Monroe Virginia Sr
OT---Andrew Gardner Georgia Tech Sr
OG---Jeremy Perry Oregon State Sr
OG---Orlando Franklin Miami So
OC---Jonathan Luigs Arkansas Sr
K---Sam Swank Wake Forest Sr
KR

Second Team NFLDC Preseason Defensive All-Americans

DE---Greg Middleton Indiana Jr
DE---Maurice Evans Penn State Jr
DT---Terrance Taylor Michigan Sr
DT---Geno Atkins Georgia Jr
LB---Gerald McRath Southern Miss Jr
LB---Sean Weatherspoon Mizzou Sr
LB---Brandon Spikes Florida Jr
CB---Captain Munnerlyn SCar Jr
CB---DJ Moore Vanderbilt Sr
S---Eric Berry Tennessee So
S---Nic Harris Oklahoma Sr
P---Britton Colquitt Tenn Jr
PR

Turtlepower
06-20-2008, 01:45 PM
If I remember correctly, we usually start off with QB and go down that list. Should we do the same here?

SuperKevin
06-20-2008, 01:45 PM
Voting for Quarterbacks starts now

I pick Graham Harrell because I feel he's going to have the best season statistically in college football. Florida, in my opinion, is going to run the ball more with Emmanuel Moody and Chris Rainey in the mix, which will cut down on some of the TDs Tim Tebow would get. I also think Urban Meyer is going to be quick to pull Tebow out of games to keep him healthy and well rested for a championship run.

Turtlepower
06-20-2008, 02:00 PM
I don't feel he should be 1st-team, but I definitely feel like he has a shot for 2nd-team.

That's why I pick Rudy Carpenter!!!!!!

Rudy Carpenter - 1
Graham Harrell - 1

Hwoarang
06-20-2008, 02:03 PM
QB I'll go Matt Stafford. He'll show his pro potential and that potential will get him AA honors IMO.

LonghornsLegend
06-20-2008, 02:03 PM
Well if we were basing QB on statistics alone, Hawaii and Texas Tech would more then none have somebody listed...I'll go with Sam Bradford and give him some love, he will have incredible time to throw and he's already pretty damn accurate.

SuperKevin
06-20-2008, 02:07 PM
Current count is:

Sam Bradford-----1
Rudy Carpenter-----1
Graham Harrell------1
Matthew Stafford-----1

kwilk103
06-20-2008, 02:12 PM
pat white!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iworshipbender
06-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Tim TebowDennis Dixon pwns you

SuperKevin
06-20-2008, 02:26 PM
What part of explain your picks is so hard to understand?

OhioState
06-20-2008, 02:41 PM
Stafford, I don't know why but i think he's gonna break out this year. His arm is awesome and I think that he will show why he has been so highly rated.

jballa838
06-20-2008, 02:42 PM
Jake Locker because I am a homer, and he is better than Tebow.

kwilk103
06-20-2008, 02:42 PM
pat white----unquestionable leader of the mountaineer offense; the straw that stirs the drink

everyone knows he can break a long one at any time, and will break the rushing record for qbs this year; should have a breakout year passing with a more vertical passing game

wvu will also be in the nc hunt, which helps a lot

iworshipbender
06-20-2008, 02:51 PM
Tim Tebow

I don't see how you can't not pick him. He's the returning Heisman Trophy winner. He is easily the most talented QB in this class. maybe not as a true QB, but all around he is the best player at QB

Hwoarang
06-20-2008, 03:02 PM
Tim Tebow

I don't see how you can't not pick him. He's the returning Heisman Trophy winner. He is easily the most talented QB in this class. maybe not as a true QB, but all around he is the best player at QBEasy, there's a double negative.

yourfavestoner
06-20-2008, 03:07 PM
Tim Tebow, since he's the reigning best player in college football.

srv fan
06-20-2008, 03:26 PM
Tim Tebow. Picking anyone other than him really is just for the sake of variety. He's coming off of one of the most statistically outrageous seasons in history, with a shiny new trophy to boot. A gamechanger in every sense of the word. Two extra factors to help him- he'll likely play more a traditional QB role this year, with Rainey and Moody in the mix. The last, and maybe most important factor- Florida is going to be really, really good. They're going to get a lot of media coverage and national attention, which is an extra push for Tebow's profile that guys like Harrel and Locker won't get.

fenikz
06-20-2008, 03:29 PM
Rudy Carpenter, easily

ASU should be in the top 10 again this year, if only his line was better

adschofield
06-20-2008, 03:33 PM
Tim Tebow

He's the reigning best player in all of CFB and should only continue to improve.

Turtlepower
06-20-2008, 03:33 PM
Tim Tebow and Sam Bradford.

Both put up some great numbers last year and will only improve as their respective teams have gotten better.

You gotta choose 1. The 2nd place finisher is 2nd-team.

LonghornsLegend
06-20-2008, 03:35 PM
Tim Tebow. Picking anyone other than him really is just for the sake of variety.

Well yea, that, and the fact that not every heisman trophy winner returns to have a better season, so its not unheard of that another QB could post a better season...Them cutting back on his rushing attempts could lead to someone like Pat White, or Graham Harrell both having better stats...But yea, its not like you can have much of an argument against Tebow, but there is still a 2nd team that needs to include someone.

Hwoarang
if only his line was better
That can be said for tons of QB's. The best don't need good o-lines.

adschofield
You gotta choose 1. The 2nd place finisher is 2nd-team.

Yeah, I realized that right after I posted, lol...Edited...

Don Vito
I'll go with Tebow, he is the reigning Heisman winner and is surrounded by great talent in an offense that is perfect for him.

Turtlepower
06-20-2008, 03:37 PM

Actually, majority of the time they do. And ASU's line gave up around 55 sacks, but Carpenter still finished the season 2nd in the PAC-10 in passing efficiency. If our line holds steady, he could lead the nation in passing efficiency again.

Hwoarang
06-20-2008, 03:57 PM
Florida's O-line isn't really above average by any means.

Shane P. Hallam
06-20-2008, 04:00 PM
The answer is Tim Tebow. He won the Heisman. He can run, pass, will be the top flight QB in college football next year.

Yatta!
06-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Matthew Stafford. Georgia are my pick for the NC and if they do win it all then Stafford will play a big role in it. He's gonna break out and be a very high pick next year.

Turtlepower
06-20-2008, 06:26 PM
Matthew Stafford. Georgia are my pick for the NC and if they do win it all then Stafford will play a big role in it. He's gonna break out and be a very high pick next year.

Too bad Georgia will lose to ASU!!! =D

keylime_5
06-20-2008, 06:36 PM
Tim Tee-Bow

srv fan
06-20-2008, 07:04 PM

This is maybe the stupidest football-related comment I have ever heard. Without good line play, you will not have good anything. Period. I feel dumber by even having to explain that line play is the basic foundation that the game of football is built on. To quote Vince Lombardi, "You can pretend football is about more than blocking on offense and tackling on defense, but it isn't."

TACKLE
06-20-2008, 07:12 PM
Tim Tebow.

Can't go against Tebow here no matter what you think of him as a pro-prospect. He's the best player in college football.

neko4
06-20-2008, 07:16 PM
we still on QB's?

If so, Matt Stafford.

Michigan
06-20-2008, 07:21 PM
Matt Stafford. I pick him over Tebow because I think Georgia will end up with the better record.

TACKLE
06-20-2008, 07:29 PM
I don't feel he should be 1st-team, but I definitely feel like he has a shot for 2nd-team.

That's why I pick Rudy Carpenter!!!!!!

Don't vote for someone to be the 2nd-team QB.

Turtlepower
06-20-2008, 07:30 PM
Don't vote for someone to be the 2nd-team QB.

Why not? There is a good chance that with a good line, Rudy Carpenter can have a season comparable to Sam Bradford and Mathew Stafford.

bspen4
06-20-2008, 07:34 PM
Sam Bradford. He broke the record for Freshman Passing TD's and led the nation in pass efficiency(if I remember right) plus he should only continue to improve.

scottyboy
06-20-2008, 07:40 PM
Mike Teel.

Do I honestly need to explain myself? He's only the 2nd coming of John Elway

Turtlepower
06-20-2008, 07:44 PM
Sam Bradford. He broke the record for Freshman Passing TD's and led the nation in pass efficiency(if I remember right) plus he should only continue to improve.

He did lose his #1 WR. I still think he will do well this year, but many QBs lose a step in college when their #1 WR leaves.

iworshipbender
06-20-2008, 07:46 PM
Mike Teel.

Do I honestly need to explain myself? He's only the 2nd coming of John Elway

Correct me if I'm wrong... But wasn't John Elway actually good when he played at Stanford?

TACKLE
06-20-2008, 07:47 PM
Why not? There is a good chance that with a good line, Rudy Carpenter can have a season comparable to Sam Bradford and Mathew Stafford.

If you think Rudy Carpenter is going to be the best QB in college football in 08 than go ahead and vote for him. If you don't, then don't vote for him because it kind of ruins the point.

scottyboy
06-20-2008, 07:54 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong... But wasn't John Elway actually good when he played at Stanford?

you're right. Mike Teel is great. Oh well, I guess nobody is comprable to the awesomeness of Mike Teel

iworshipbender
06-20-2008, 07:58 PM
you're right. Mike Teel is great. Oh well, I guess nobody is comprable to the awesomeness of Mike Teel

You win this time scottyboy

CJSchneider
06-20-2008, 08:15 PM
Yatta said it best. I'm going with Stafford.

keylime_5
06-20-2008, 08:19 PM
I can see Bradford or Tebow. Carpenter and Stafford seem like bad picks considering guys like Daniel and the kid from Kansas are better.

princefielder28
06-20-2008, 08:25 PM
Last time I checked Tim Tebow won the Heisman Trophy and that means he's not only the best quarterback in COLLEGE FOOTBALL but he's the best player in COLLEGE FOOTBALL

Turtlepower
06-20-2008, 08:35 PM
Last time I checked Tim Tebow won the Heisman Trophy and that means he's not only the best quarterback in COLLEGE FOOTBALL but he's the best player in COLLEGE FOOTBALL

Dennis Dixon was a better played in college football last year before his injury. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

duckseason
06-20-2008, 08:38 PM
This would be worthwhile if people were barred from voting for players from their favorite school.

I think I'll go with Cullen Harper. He has a solid supporting cast, and Clemson has a great shot at competing for the title game this year.

princefielder28
06-20-2008, 08:40 PM
Dennis Dixon was a better played in college football last year before his injury. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

If Dixon had stayed healthy, I agree he would've won the Heisman, but he didn't and it went to the best player considering day one to the end of the year

scottyboy
06-20-2008, 08:40 PM
This would be worthwhile if people were barred from voting for players from their favorite school.

then what the hell would I do? I have to vote for a Rutgers player at every position.

Cigaro
06-20-2008, 08:57 PM
Matthew Stafford.

Tebow and his gimmick self can suck it.

TACKLE
06-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Tebow: 3286 yds, 32 TD's, 66.9 cmpl%, 172.5 QB Rating, 6 INT's, 895 rushing yards, 23 Rushing TD's

Stafford: 2523 yds, 19 TD's, 55.7 cmpl%, 128.9 QB Rating, 13 INT's, 191 rushing yards, 3 Rushing TD's

I don't understand how you can say Stafford is better than Tebow. Tebow is on a whole different level. He is the focal point of his offence. Stafford plays in a run first, pass second offence. Knoshown carries the team and Stafford manages the game. His #1 target this year is a freshmen and he is not in a offense that will really showcase him. When comparing the stats, I was surprised at how much more efficent and accurate Tebow was. Personally, I would take Bradford and Chase Daniel over Stafford as a college QB.

kwilk103
06-20-2008, 11:55 PM
if we're throwing stats out there

year games comp/att yds avg td int long

2007 13 144-216 1,724 7.9 14 4 79

rush yds avg long td

197 1,335 6.8 64 14

3,059 total yds; 28 total tds

2007 Heisman 6th Place
2007 Hardman Award
2008 Hardman Award
2008 ESPN All-Bowl Team
2008 Fiesta Bowl MVP
2008 Playboy All-American

YAYareaRB
06-20-2008, 11:56 PM
Tebow. He's a beast. He has all the momentum for another Heisman Caliber season and well... he's a beast!

iworshipbender
06-21-2008, 12:15 AM
if we're throwing stats out there

year games comp/att yds avg td int long

2007 13 144-216 1,724 7.9 14 4 79

rush yds avg long td

197 1,335 6.8 64 14

3,059 total yds; 28 total tds

2007 Heisman 6th Place
2007 Hardman Award
2008 Hardman Award
2008 ESPN All-Bowl Team
2008 Fiesta Bowl MVP
2008 Playboy All-American

You realize you just killed your argument for Pat White don't you?

kwilk103
06-21-2008, 12:28 AM
You realize you just killed your argument for Pat White don't you?

um, more tds than stafford, better comp %

didnt play in 2nd half of usf; missed 3rd and most of 4th vs pitt

didnt play in 75% of 2nd half vs uconn, west. mich, 'cuse, miss st

thats a lot of yds and like missing 2-3 games

Hwoarang
06-21-2008, 12:30 AM
This is maybe the stupidest football-related comment I have ever heard. Without good line play, you will not have good anything. Period. I feel dumber by even having to explain that line play is the basic foundation that the game of football is built on. To quote Vince Lombardi, "You can pretend football is about more than blocking on offense and tackling on defense, but it isn't."Eli Manning was a good QB with a less than stellar o-line. It's not true for every great QB but not all great QB's have to have a good o-line to be productive. You feel dumber for other reasons i'm certain.

iworshipbender
06-21-2008, 12:31 AM
um, more tds than stafford, better comp %

didnt play in 2nd half of usf; missed 3rd and most of 4th vs pitt

didnt play in 75% of 2nd half vs uconn, west. mich, 'cuse, miss st

thats a lot of yds and like missing 2-3 games

You're making a case for him to be the second QB for sure. But he's nowhere near Tebow.

kmartin575
06-21-2008, 12:40 AM
Chase Daniel

kwilk103
06-21-2008, 12:55 AM
You're making a case for him to be the second QB for sure. But he's nowhere near Tebow.

wont get an argument from me

its just people overlook him, when hes a dam good college qb

hes like 700 yds from brad smiths rushing record, and hes gonna throw downfield a lot more

he'd have a lot better stats if he played in the 2nd half of those games; missing 4 2nd halves is equivalent to 2 games

iworshipbender
06-21-2008, 01:02 AM
What I don't get is the people voting Stafford. He's not proven much, his stats are decent, but nothing to warrant 1st team AA. I don't care if he's a better pro prospect than any of the other guys, he's done nothing to deserve consideration for an AA position yet, ESPECIALLY over Tim Tebow.

God, I hate defending Tebow lol.

kwilk103
06-21-2008, 01:26 AM
What I don't get is the people voting Stafford. He's not proven much, his stats are decent, but nothing to warrant 1st team AA. I don't care if he's a better pro prospect than any of the other guys, he's done nothing to deserve consideration for an AA position yet, ESPECIALLY over Tim Tebow.

God, I hate defending Tebow lol.

i think part of that is that this is and nfl draft site; maybe people cant separate college vs pro games?

reigle9
06-21-2008, 02:31 AM
Stafford. Loved him coming out of HS. Should lead his team to the SEC championship and have a huge breakout year. Mainly, I love his ball.

Yatta!
06-21-2008, 04:24 AM
Current standings:

Tim Tebow - 10 votes
Matthew Stafford - 8
Rudy Carpenter, Sam Bradford, Pat White - 2
Graham Harrell, Jake Locker, Mike Teel, Chase Daniel, Cullen Harper - 1

SuperKevin
06-21-2008, 09:06 AM
Ok. NFLDC First Team Preaseson All American Quarterback is Tim Tebow

Second Team is Matthew Stafford

Now let's move onto RBs. You get to pick two. Remember to explain your picks

Michigan
06-21-2008, 09:12 AM
Chris Wells- He'll run for over 1800 this year barring injury
LeSean McCoy- Playmaker who should blaze through Big East defenses

SuperKevin
06-21-2008, 09:16 AM
Chris "Beanie" Wells has my vote because he's literally a man among boys in college football. He has NFL size/speed and it's only a matter of time before he's starting in the pros. Throw in the fact that he's play for a national championship contender in Ohio State and you have a 1st team all-american

My other vote goes to DeMarco Murray. He's running behind a line that has two potential 1st round picks in Duke Robinson and Phil Loadholt. He's also going to see few 8 man fronts due to teams respecting Bradford's passing skills. Murray will be the unchallenged top guy on that depth chart and should get close to 20 TDs for a National Championship contender.

scottyboy
06-21-2008, 10:57 AM
Beanie Wells- he's an animal, no doubt

Mason Robinson- obligatory Rutgers pick. With Young coming off knee surgery, he'll see lots of carries. He's got lots of speed and he's sweet

SuperKevin
06-21-2008, 11:01 AM
I should have known that this would turn into a homer fest. Just once I'd like it to be where people didn't feel obligated to vote for players from their favorite teams

princefielder28
06-21-2008, 11:04 AM
Chris Wells : Ohio State is far and away the best team in the Big Ten and they may be the best team in the country. Chris Wells is the heart of their offense and if he continues to take the strides that he has the past two years then he will be among the elite in the nation.

Noel Devine : West Virginia's offense is so dynamic and Devine proved at the end of last year that he could be destined for big things when given the chance to take the majority of the carries. The Mountaineers don't have much to worry about in the Big East and if they can run the table they may get their shot at a national title. It would be one hell of a matchup to see two backs like Wells and Devine competing on college football's biggest stage.

scottyboy
06-21-2008, 11:12 AM
I should have known that this would turn into a homer fest. Just once I'd like it to be where people didn't feel obligated to vote for players from their favorite teams

come on Kev, it's me. being a college homer is what I'm famous for.

SuperKevin
06-21-2008, 11:14 AM
come on Kev, it's me. being a college homer is what I'm famous for.

Which is why I'm tempted to say none of your votes count

keylime_5
06-21-2008, 11:16 AM
Chris Wells and Knowshon Moreno. Wells is the best back, will get between 1700 and 2000 yards this year as long as he doesn't get hurt. Top contender to Tebow for the heisman imo. Moreno will play more than he did last year and should be good for 16 or 17 hundred yards.

SuperKevin
06-21-2008, 11:24 AM
Chris Wells and Knowshon Moreno. Wells is the best back, will get between 1700 and 2000 yards this year as long as he doesn't get hurt. Top contender to Tebow for the heisman imo. Moreno will play more than he did last year and should be good for 16 or 17 hundred yards.

I've heard Freshman RB Caleb King will be getting a lot of carries for Georgia this year. If that does indeed happen then I doubt Moreno is a first team All-American

keylime_5
06-21-2008, 11:25 AM
Yes, but King's carries will come out of Thomas Brown's load now that Brown is gone, not Knowshon's load. Knowshon should have more carries than last year. Brown had over 700 yds. and 10 Tds, I dont think Caleb will get THAT many touches.

TACKLE
06-21-2008, 11:31 AM
Beanie Wells - No question here. Best RB in college football, big O-Line and will get 25-30 touches a game.

DeMarco Murray - #2 RB was a close call. McCoy could put up big numbers but with both of his top O-Lineman gone I don't think he'll do better than he did in 08. Knoshown gets strong consideration but I have a gut feeling that he's going to have a really good (1400 yds) but won't be great. I like DeMarco Murray. He'll be carrying the load and will be running behind Duke and Loadholt. An exciting player who can break it at any time.

OhioState
06-21-2008, 11:46 AM
Beanie Wells- Huge, fast, runs behind one of the best lines in CFB, he has to be the pick.

Knowshon Moreno- I like what i see. He runs hard and if stafford can pick it up it will be hard to stop both.

Jonny
06-21-2008, 11:47 AM
Knowshon Moreno

LeSean McCoy

TACKLE
06-21-2008, 12:06 PM
Beanie Wells 7
Knowshon Moreno 3
DeMarco Murray 2
Lesean McCoy 2
Noel Devine 1
Mason Robinson 1

Hwoarang
06-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Beanie Wells-Beast. That is all.

Knowshon Moreno-Will get a significantly more amount of rushes than King (if his grades are right) and will get close to 1700 yards.

LonghornsLegend
06-21-2008, 02:00 PM
Beanie Wells - Do I need to explain this? Best back in college football with an incredible O line.

DeMarco Murray - The guy is insanely explosive, cuts on an dime and is a big play waiting to happen...Thats before you even get to the massive O line paving holes for him to run through, should have a huge year if he rebounds from that knee dislocation.

fenikz
06-21-2008, 02:02 PM
Knowshown Moreno & LeSean McCoy

IMO the top 2 backs in college, and they will also be the top 2 back selected in the draft if they both come out

SuperKevin
06-21-2008, 02:07 PM
I don't understand where all the LeSean McCoy is going to be a surefire top RB in the NFL talk comes from. His game is similar to Reggie Bush's who has been a big disappointment so far with his inability to run between the tackles

keylime_5
06-21-2008, 02:13 PM
Knowshown Moreno & LeSean McCoy

IMO the top 2 backs in college, and they will also be the top 2 back selected in the draft if they both come out

Wanna bet?

Turtlepower
06-21-2008, 03:07 PM
Knowshowb Moreno and Joe McKnight =D

adschofield
06-21-2008, 03:16 PM
Chris Wells and LeSean McCoy...Both are going to put up huge numbers, will carry their teams, and will be a top the NCAA in rushing yards

Hwoarang
06-21-2008, 03:17 PM
and Joe McKnight =D
Going to be super scary this year. Better hands than Reggie Bush. Not as good a runner yet but man watch out. Basically beat the entire Hoover Alabama team by himself. In Hoover, 1 team in the nation.

I don't understand where all the LeSean McCoy is going to be a surefire top RB in the NFL talk comes from. His game is similar to Reggie Bush's who has been a big disappointment so far with his inability to run between the tacklesHe seems more Westbrookish than Bushish imo.

LonghornsLegend
06-21-2008, 03:18 PM
I don't understand where all the LeSean McCoy is going to be a surefire top RB in the NFL talk comes from. His game is similar to Reggie Bush's who has been a big disappointment so far with his inability to run between the tackles

I don't think their game is all that similiar, Bush was more of a Westbrook clone who used his speed to get him by in the Pac-10 and run past everyone, McCoy is more similiar to Fred Taylor and his patience & vision is on another level then Bush...He doesn't just use pure speed to run past defenders, he makes great cuts and finds the crease in the defense...He runs between the tackles alot better then Bush ever did, and he doesn't have anywhere near the caliber players around him, WR's, O line, QB, they are solid but nothing like what Bush played with.

He has run inside the tackles very well from what I've seen of him, has great lateral agility, and unlike Bush he doesn't get the handoff and immediately run as fast as he can into the hole which is still the problem Bush has today...I don't think McCoy is a surefire top NFL RB by any means, but he certainly has some of the traits to accomplish it.

Hwoarang
06-21-2008, 03:20 PM
I don't think their game is all that similiar, Bush was more of a Westbrook clone who used his speed to get him by in the Pac-10 and run past everyone, McCoy is more similiar to Fred Taylor and his patience & vision is on another level then Bush...He doesn't just use pure speed to run past defenders, he makes great cuts and finds the crease in the defense...He runs between the tackles alot better then Bush ever did, and he doesn't have anywhere near the caliber players around him, WR's, O line, QB, they are solid but nothing like what Bush played with.

He has run inside the tackles very well from what I've seen of him, has great lateral agility, and unlike Bush he doesn't get the handoff and immediately run as fast as he can into the hole which is still the problem Bush has today...I don't think McCoy is a surefire top NFL RB by any means, but he certainly has some of the traits to accomplish it.Taylor seems to run harder than McCoy does. Westbrook is decent between the tackles like McCoy. Bush is just horrible between the tackles. Overall though I do agree with your assessment.

adschofield
06-21-2008, 03:25 PM
Honestly, McCoy has Adrian Peterson-type Athleticism

LonghornsLegend
06-21-2008, 03:32 PM
Taylor seems to run harder than McCoy does. Westbrook is decent between the tackles like McCoy. Bush is just horrible between the tackles. Overall though I do agree with your assessment.

Taylor probably does run harder, but the way they both cut laterally, move side to side without losing speed to find the hole is eerily similiar...Thats the part of his game that reminds me so much of Taylor, Taylor does run harder and is more physical though.

iworshipbender
06-21-2008, 03:42 PM
Beanie Wells - Simply the best RB in the country
CJ Spiler - Home run hitter, should pile up the yards

adschofield
06-21-2008, 04:03 PM
Taylor probably does run harder, but the way they both cut laterally, move side to side without losing speed to find the hole is eerily similiar...Thats the part of his game that reminds me so much of Taylor, Taylor does run harder and is more physical though.

McCoy's a bit more physically gifted though

adschofield
06-21-2008, 04:04 PM
James Davis - Home run hitter, should pile up the yards

Thinking of CJ Spiller?

CJSchneider
06-21-2008, 04:06 PM
Wells and Moreno - both are beasts and will put up the best numbers this season.

iworshipbender
06-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Thinking of CJ Spiller?

sorry, I get them confused. All i know is they're both from Clemson

Hwoarang
06-21-2008, 04:19 PM
Thinking of CJ Spiller?Both are really Spiller's just faster.

Yatta!
06-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Beanie Wells - Just a beast, will put up monster numbers at a big time school.

Knowshon Moreno - Again with the whole NC thing, he should have big numbers again.

Cigaro
06-21-2008, 06:34 PM
CJ Spiler - Home run hitter, should pile up the yards

Booo. His 2007 season was the college replica of Reggie Bush's 2007 season.

As for my picks-

Beanie Wells- Big and fast. Dominated everyone he played against.

Knowshon Moreno- Can juke and avoid tackles like a pro, and isn't scared to put down his head. Has the most potential of any back in college right now.

Unbiased
06-21-2008, 07:15 PM
Chris Wells - Most complete back in college football with his rare combination of size, power, and breakaway speed.

Eugene Jarvis - Leading rusher in 2007, and carries team on his 5'5" frame.

TACKLE
06-21-2008, 09:02 PM
Beanie - 15
Knowshon - 9
McCoy - 4
Murray - 3
Noel Devine - 1
CJ Spiller - 1
Eugen Jarvis - 1
Joe McKnight - 1
Mason Robinson - 1

I know SuperKevin is running this but I think we can move onto WR's.

1st Team: Beanie Wells, Knoshown Moreno
2nd Team: LeSean McCoy, DeMarco Murray

Turtlepower
06-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Beanie - 15
Knowshon - 9
McCoy - 4
Murray - 3
Noel Devine - 1
CJ Spiller - 1
Eugen Jarvis - 1
Joe McKnight - 1
Mason Robinson - 1

I know SuperKevin is running this but I think we can move onto WR's.

1st Team: Beanie Wells, Knoshown Moreno
2nd Team: LeSean McCoy, DeMarco Murray

We are doing a position a day. We have plenty of time to get this done.

Jonny
06-21-2008, 09:18 PM
Just to respond to the person skeptical of whether McCoy would produce this year with two linemen gone: actually, neither of them was that good to begin with. The NFL doesn't necessarily draft players based on college production. Otherwise, Colt Brennan would go #1 overall. It was literally 1 vs. 11 whenever McCoy stepped on the field last year.

Turtlepower
06-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Just to respond to the person skeptical of whether McCoy would produce this year with two linemen gone: actually, neither of them was that good to begin with. The NFL doesn't necessarily draft players based on college production. Otherwise, Colt Brennan would go #1 overall. It was literally 1 vs. 11 whenever McCoy stepped on the field last year.

I guess a 1st-round draft pick isn't that great of a lineman...

And he actually was pretty damn good at Pitt.

Jonny
06-21-2008, 09:46 PM
I absolutely disagree. Otah was good at run blocking, but he was a horrible pass blocker, and that meant even more attention was paid to McCoy because he couldn't pass. I saw most Pitt games last year, their OL was terrible and they didn't have a good QB either.

You also ignored my point about the fact that the NFL does not draft based on college production. Otherwise Duane Brown, Otah, and many others would not have gone so high.

princefielder28
06-22-2008, 06:29 PM
Wide Receivers

Michael Crabtree : Led the nation in receptions, yards, and touchdowns last season as a RS-Fr. and there's no reason why he can't do it again or maybe even improve on those numbers. Graham Harrell is back for Texas Tech and this offense will be high powered as usual.

Jarett Dillard : The heart and soul of Rice's offensive attack and i believe he could be the 2008 version of Jordy Nelson. He has outstanding hands and has production after the catch. He has a good working relationship with QB Chase Clement and those two could help Rice turn the corner towards greener pastures.

Yatta!
06-22-2008, 06:52 PM
Michael Crabtree - No reasons needed, he should be able to have a season comparable to last year as TT look to be improved.

Darrius Heyward-Bey - I really think he is set for a breakout year. He has always had the tools but with more experience and consistency at QB he will be able to showcase his true potential.

keylime_5
06-22-2008, 06:57 PM
Michael Crabtree. Probably 1700 to 2000 yards his sophomore year.
And....Jeremy Maclin. Good for over 1000 yards receiving and some rushing and returning.

Jonny
06-22-2008, 06:59 PM
Kenny Britt - One of the more underrated players in the country.
Michael Crabtree - Gets a ton of opportunities in their system.

Didn't vote for DHB because Maryland never throws the ball.

draftguru151
06-22-2008, 07:14 PM
Michael Crabtree- DUH
Jeremy Maclin- Going to put up huge numbers receiving, rushing and returning.

princefielder28
06-22-2008, 07:50 PM
Kenny Britt - One of the more underrated players in the country.
Michael Crabtree - Gets a ton of opportunities in their system.

Didn't vote for DHB because Maryland never throws the ball.

scottyboy thanks you i'm sure

Unbiased
06-22-2008, 07:50 PM
Michael Crabtree: He's the most complete receiver in college football.

Percy Harvin: He's the most explosive receiver in college football.

scottyboy
06-22-2008, 08:50 PM
Kenny Britt, and this isn't even a big stretch!!!

and percy harvin- speed kills

Hwoarang
06-22-2008, 08:52 PM
Michael Crabtree - No reasons needed, he should be able to have a season comparable to last year as TT look to be improved.

Darrius Heyward-Bey - I really think he is set for a breakout year. He has always had the tools but with more experience and consistency at QB he will be able to showcase his true potential.What this guy said.

and percy harvin- speed kills
But his ankles are made of glass.

LonghornsLegend
06-22-2008, 09:11 PM
Michael Crabtree: He's the most complete receiver in college football.

Percy Harvin: He's the most explosive receiver in college football.

Pretty much sums it up...Crabtree will have the stats worth of 1st team AA, and he has the tools as well.

Harvin is one of the most explosives players in college football with the ball in his hands and is a threat to score every time.

OhioState
06-22-2008, 09:14 PM
Crabtree: puts up monster stats and has the physical ability to play at any level.

Jeremy Maclin: For some reason i like his game and think that he has a great QB to get him the ball as well as ST.

CLong4Heisman
06-22-2008, 09:25 PM
Michael Crabtree- Is there any doubt that he is the best reciever in the ncaa?

Julio Jones- I know he's a freshman but he's 6'4 220 and runs a low 4.4. He's too good not to start from day 1 and will probably end up being better than Crabtree.

Jonny
06-22-2008, 09:59 PM
scottyboy thanks you i'm sure

Yeah but Britt actually deserves it. I actually cringe whenever I read his posts or anything by RutgersAL on Rivals or Scout, all RU fans don't act like that.

edit: heh, a true freshman in JJ? I could understand say, Regis Benn, but that's over the top.

kmartin575
06-22-2008, 10:33 PM
Jeremy Maclin

adschofield
06-22-2008, 10:50 PM
Michael Crabtree-Most prodcutive WR in the College Ranks...'nuff said.

Cigaro
06-22-2008, 10:58 PM
Michael Crabtree- It's obvious

Kenny McKinley- Top pure wide receiver in the SEC last year

Im_a_Romosexual
06-23-2008, 01:05 AM
Crabtree obviously

The second could be a number of guys Harvin, Maclin, etc. however to get pub for my guy, my vote will go to Dante Love. I hate doing a homer move, but the vote is basically between three guys so 1 vote doesn't matter. If he can replicate his 100/1400/10 season and Ball State improves he might make the AA team.

So: Michael Crabtree/Dante Love

Turtlepower
06-23-2008, 01:33 AM
Michael Crabtree - I mean, come on...

Sammie Stroughter - He will be the best receiver in the PAC-10 and if he had a competent QB, possibly NCAA.

Michigan
06-23-2008, 06:21 AM
Michael Crabtree- Can't ignore the production.

Darrius Heyward-Bey- Maybe the most exciting player in college football

Sniper
06-23-2008, 10:13 AM
Michael Crabtree and Percy Harvin

cdub11
06-23-2008, 04:41 PM
Crabtree - his numbers say it all (134 rec. / 1962 yds. / 22 TD)
Harvin - one of most explosive & versatile players in college football

Unbiased
06-25-2008, 02:32 PM
So we have Crabtree and Maclin/Harvin with 4 votes each. If we're counting Longhornslegend as a vote for harvin, that gives him the edge. Or someone who hasn't voted can decide.

LonghornsLegend
06-25-2008, 03:28 PM
So we have Crabtree and Maclin/Harvin with 4 votes each. If we're counting Longhornslegend as a vote for harvin, that gives him the edge. Or someone who hasn't voted can decide.

Why wouldn't my vote for Harvin count?

EDIT: If it was because of my typo where I spelled Harvis I fixed it, not sure if that was the reason or not.

Unbiased
06-25-2008, 04:35 PM
Why wouldn't my vote for Harvin count?

EDIT: If it was because of my typo where I spelled Harvis I fixed it, not sure if that was the reason or not.

I didn't know if you were actually voting for them or just agreeing with my descriptions or whatever. All right, so crabtree and Harvin. On to Fullbacks.

Chris Pressley

scottyboy
06-25-2008, 04:38 PM
Brian Leonard. He wins every all-american FB ever. He's so good, he's just on it every year.

Punisher
06-25-2008, 05:03 PM
Stanley Havili USC easily

Cigaro
06-25-2008, 10:26 PM
Brannan Southerland

http://st24.startlogic.com/~thedawgp/2006/poy/2006122519b.jpg

Sniper
06-26-2008, 09:28 AM
Stanley Havili

Turtlepower
06-26-2008, 09:43 AM
Brannan Southerland

I think he is out for the season. If not, he is at least gone for a lot of games.

Anyway, Stanley Havili.

Sniper
06-26-2008, 09:55 AM
Brannan Southerland

Out for the year with a torn ACL.

draftguru151
06-26-2008, 10:20 AM
Anyone have a link to that? All I can see is the surgery on his foot where he'll be out for 4 weeks.

cdub11
06-26-2008, 11:03 AM
im voting for Havili

DragonFireKai
06-26-2008, 11:32 AM
Stanley Havili

Sniper
06-26-2008, 11:38 AM
Anyone have a link to that? All I can see is the surgery on his foot where he'll be out for 4 weeks.

Never mind I heard wrong. Out till mid-October.

Turtlepower
06-26-2008, 11:39 AM
Never mind I heard wrong. Out till mid-October.

Yeah, I wasn't sure. But it still rules him out for AA.

Cigaro
06-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Yeah, I wasn't sure. But it still rules him out for AA.

Wait, how? He's still gonna play quite a few games? And when he does, he's the best fullback in the nation.

Turtlepower
06-26-2008, 12:11 PM
Wait, how? He's still gonna play quite a few games? And when he does, he's the best fullback in the nation.

And Dennis Dixon was the best player in the nation before he got injured, but no one voted for him for the heisman.

Cigaro
06-26-2008, 12:18 PM
And Dennis Dixon was the best player in the nation before he got injured, but no one voted for him for the heisman.

This is for All-American, not Heisman. He was first team All-Pac 10, and Pac 10 Offensive Player of the Year. He wasn't on the All-American team because Tim Tebow and Matt Ryan had taken those spots, which can be argued that they did deserve them.

So if he's the returning All-American fullback and he'll miss the first four or five games, but will be back for the majority of the season and against the toughest opponents, he still can't be voted for?

DragonFireKai
06-26-2008, 02:26 PM
This is for All-American, not Heisman. He was first team All-Pac 10, and Pac 10 Offensive Player of the Year. He wasn't on the All-American team because Tim Tebow and Matt Ryan had taken those spots, which can be argued that they did deserve them.

So if he's the returning All-American fullback and he'll miss the first four or five games, but will be back for the majority of the season and against the toughest opponents, he still can't be voted for?

Because he's going to miss 1/3 of the season, and there's no chance that his 2/3s of a season will stack up to some other players' full seasons. Especially because it's debatable that he's the best FB in the nation.

Cigaro
06-26-2008, 03:12 PM
Because he's going to miss 1/3 of the season, and there's no chance that his 2/3s of a season will stack up to some other players' full seasons. Especially because it's debatable that he's the best FB in the nation.

Wait, All-American teams are based on stats? Why wasn't Paul Smith first team All-American last year?

All-American teams are based on how good the player is, and I don't see Southerland being an worse than last year, when he was the only fullback recognized by the NCAA as an All-American. Yes he won't play as much as other fullbacks, but he still plays the majority of the season, and will be the best fullback in the nation when he does.

Don Vito
06-26-2008, 03:14 PM
I would go for Southerland, but since he's out I'll say Havili. He is a solid all around player and a fantastic athlete for a fullback.

DragonFireKai
06-26-2008, 04:03 PM
Wait, All-American teams are based on stats? Why wasn't Paul Smith first team All-American last year?

Because people normalize performance based on system, competition, and supporting cast. You throw 19 INTs in a mid major, and you don't have a prayer of being AA.

All-American teams are based on how good the player is, and I don't see Southerland being an worse than last year, when he was the only fullback recognized by the NCAA as an All-American. Yes he won't play as much as other fullbacks, but he still plays the majority of the season, and will be the best fullback in the nation when he does.

Going back to Dennis Dixon, if being able to play just the majority of the games was all it took, why wasn't he the first team QB? He was clearly outplaying both Ryan and Tebow prior to his injury, and he had played most of the season.

Actually, the NCAA hands out AA recognition based on the AA teams of the AP, AFCA, FWAA, Sporting News, and Walter Camp. Southerland was named to none of those teams. The NCAA did not recognize him as an All American.

Furthermore, Southerland being the best FB in the country is debatable, Havili is a much better runner, much better reciever, and Southerland only has a slight edge in Blocking.

Cigaro
06-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Because people normalize performance based on system, competition, and supporting cast. You throw 19 INTs in a mid major, and you don't have a prayer of being AA.

You were talking about how his two/thirds seasons of stats wouldn't amount to others full season of stats as one justification for leaving him off, so why wasn't Paul Smith, who had the best full season of stats, first team All-American, or at least second team above Matt Ryan?

Going back to Dennis Dixon, if being able to play just the majority of the games was all it took, why wasn't he the first team QB? He was clearly outplaying both Ryan and Tebow prior to his injury, and he had played most of the season.

True, people forgot about him. He should have been first team. Like Southerland. So you are going to sit here and ******* tell me that because he'll miss the first couple games, he can't be considered for the All-American team, despite the fact that he may actually ******* deserve it? What kind of ******** rational is that?

Actually, the NCAA hands out AA recognition based on the AA teams of the AP, AFCA, FWAA, Sporting News, and Walter Camp. Southerland was named to none of those teams. The NCAA did not recognize him as an All American.

As well as the Sports Illustrated, Pro Football Weekly, ESPN, CBS Sports, College Football News, Rivals.com, and Scout.com. The names you mentioned are for consensus All-Americans. The only recognized All-American team to list a fullback was Pro Football Weekly, and their selection was Brannan Southerland.

Furthermore, Southerland being the best FB in the country is debatable, Havili is a much better runner, much better reciever, and Southerland only has a slight edge in Blocking.

Havili is a better athlete, but not the better fullback.

DragonFireKai
06-26-2008, 11:38 PM
You were talking about how his two/thirds seasons of stats wouldn't amount to others full season of stats as one justification for leaving him off, so why wasn't Paul Smith, who had the best full season of stats, first team All-American, or at least second team above Matt Ryan?

Because, as I said, you normalize statistics. Matt Ryan had the same number of INTs, on more attempts, in a much tougher conference. Paul Smith also played in a gimmicky offense a la TT or UH. Ryan had the better season.

True, people forgot about him. He should have been first team. Like Southerland. So you are going to sit here and ******* tell me that because he'll miss the first couple games, he can't be considered for the All-American team, despite the fact that he may actually ******* deserve it? What kind of ******** rational is that?

Nothing conveys the seriousness of your position like a few lines of asterisks.

It's not the first couple of games. It's till October, if not longer. That's over a third of the season, and pushing close to half. Dixon only missed 3 games, and he dropped out of consideration. Do you think that Southerland is so much better than every FB out there that he only needs to show up for 2/3s of the games to be the best? Part of being the best is being healthy enough to be on the field.

As well as the Sports Illustrated, Pro Football Weekly, ESPN, CBS Sports, College Football News, Rivals.com, and Scout.com. The names you mentioned are for consensus All-Americans. The only recognized All-American team to list a fullback was Pro Football Weekly, and their selection was Brannan Southerland.

The other teams are thrown together, and carry as much weight with the NCAA as the one Scott puts up on NFLDC. If it's not one of the five consensus teams, the NCAA doesn't care.

Havili is a better athlete, but not the better fullback.

Fullback is becoming a position that requires more than blocking, just like the change that tight ends underwent. You need to be able to run the ball, catch the ball, and both run and pass block. Southerland is not a superior enough blocker compared to Havili to make up for the difference between the two in the other catagories. Havili is an accomplished blocker, on a team that had a better running attack than Georgia did. Havili was every bit as integral to USC's attack as Southerland was to UGA's, but Havili does more on top of that.

Cigaro
06-27-2008, 12:05 AM
Because, as I said, you normalize statistics. Matt Ryan had the same number of INTs, on more attempts, in a much tougher conference. Paul Smith also played in a gimmicky offense a la TT or UH. Ryan had the better season.

Tim Tebow also played in a gimmicky offense, didn't seem to affect him much, and so did Matt Ryan, as he had nearly one hundred more attempts that Smith. Smith threw 16 more touchdowns, threw for 500 more yards, had a higher completion percentage, and a much higher passer rating than Ryan.

Nothing conveys the seriousness of your position like a few lines of asterisks.

It's not the first couple of games. It's till October, if not longer. That's over a third of the season, and pushing close to half. Dixon only missed 3 games, and he dropped out of consideration. Do you think that Southerland is so much better than every FB out there that he only needs to show up for 2/3s of the games to be the best? Part of being the best is being healthy enough to be on the field.

Oh Jesus, don't start bitching about language.

Southerland is expected to miss four games, and if you know how to do math, that's 1/3 of 12 games, and less if Georgia plays in post season games. It's not a matter of ******* showing up for 2/3s of the season. The All-American team consists of players who were the best at there respective position, not who ******* plays the most. This isn't a case like Sean Lee where he's out for the season. Southerland will ******* play the majority of the season, and will play against the toughest competition Georgia is set to face. So for you to rule him out because he won't ******* play against Georgia Southern, Central Michigan, ASU, or S. Carolina is complete ********.

DragonFireKai
06-27-2008, 04:10 AM
Tim Tebow also played in a gimmicky offense, didn't seem to affect him much, and so did Matt Ryan, as he had nearly one hundred more attempts that Smith. Smith threw 16 more touchdowns, threw for 500 more yards, had a higher completion percentage, and a much higher passer rating than Ryan.

Tebow played in the SEC, Ryan played in the ACC, and Smith played in CUSA. It seems you think that the opposition is equivilent. You're wrong.

Furthermore, Ryan didn't play in a gimmick passing spread like Smith, Harrell, and Brennan did. He played in a pro style offense that happened to throw the ball a lot. There's a huge difference.

Oh Jesus, don't start bitching about language.

Southerland is expected to miss four games, and if you know how to do math, that's 1/3 of 12 games, and less if Georgia plays in post season games. It's not a matter of ******* showing up for 2/3s of the season. The All-American team consists of players who were the best at there respective position, not who ******* plays the most. This isn't a case like Sean Lee where he's out for the season. Southerland will ******* play the majority of the season, and will play against the toughest competition Georgia is set to face. So for you to rule him out because he won't ******* play against Georgia Southern, Central Michigan, ASU, or S. Carolina is complete ********.

No, All American consideration goes to the players who had the best season, or in the case of pre season, who's expected to have the best season. Not the best player, there's a difference. One you seem to be unable to understand.

Southerland is expected to miss a minimum of four months, from June 6th, when he underwent surgery. There's 5 games in that span, and that's before he's expected to be able to practice. That gives him 5 days to get into playing condition, or he misses the Tennessee game too. 6 games, out of a 12 game season.

Dixon got axed because he missed playing UCLA, Oregon State, and South Florida. Southerland will be missing almost twice that.

The same way that Ronnie Brown didn't make the All-Pro team last season, nor was Dennis Dixon the All American QB last season, Southerland won't be the All American FB, because he's not good enough to create the massive disparity to make up for the chunk of the season he's missing.

Hines
06-27-2008, 05:01 AM
What position are we on?

OhioState
06-27-2008, 08:01 AM
What position are we on?

should be TE

neko4
06-27-2008, 08:01 AM
I didn't know if you were actually voting for them or just agreeing with my descriptions or whatever. All right, so crabtree and Harvin. On to Fullbacks.

Chris Pressley

Who is 2nd team?

draftguru151
06-27-2008, 09:27 AM
1st team- Havili
2nd team- Southerland

TE
Travis Beckum- Stud receiver, puts up sick numbers.

keylime_5
06-27-2008, 09:27 AM
TE- Travis Beckum.

OhioState
06-27-2008, 09:36 AM
yeah def Travis Beckum

Cigaro
06-27-2008, 09:39 AM
Well despite DragonFireKai's idiotic philosophy that you can't be an All-American unless you play every single game, Southerland made second team, which I can live with.

TE- Darius Hill

http://www.illinoisloyalty.com/i/20071027/illinois-football-ball-st-520.jpg

cdub11
06-27-2008, 09:39 AM
TE - Beckum

princefielder28
06-27-2008, 09:53 AM
Travis Beckum
Chase Coffman

Don Vito
06-27-2008, 03:43 PM
I'll go with Chase Coffman. Beckum is a great pass catcher but I think Coffman is bigger and a better all around player, plus he has a better QB. Beckum is the teams top option in the passing game by far, however, Coffman is not.

kmartin575
06-27-2008, 05:22 PM
Chase Coffman

TACKLE
06-27-2008, 05:24 PM
Travis Beckum

Will put up huge numbers again and his team will be in the Top 10. Can't block and doesn't project well to the pros but that doesn't matter for AA teams.

Turtlepower
06-27-2008, 05:24 PM
Beckum is too legit to quit.

DragonFireKai
06-27-2008, 05:47 PM
Well despite DragonFireKai's idiotic philosophy that you can't be an All-American unless you play every single game, Southerland made second team, which I can live with.

I never said every single game, but you've got to be that much better than everyone else to make up for it. Missing 1/3 of the season would require Southerland to play like Bronko Nagurski in a pop warner league in order to make up for that loss.

TE: Travis Beckum

Solomon
06-28-2008, 03:03 AM
I love Beckum but I'm gonna play devil's advocate and go with Jermaine Gresham. Bradford should be even better, the line is intact and with the absence of Malcolm Kelly, Gresham should get every opportunity to improve on his 37 catches for 518 yards (although topping his 11 TDs will be very tough).

Hines
06-28-2008, 07:40 AM
I like Cornielus(sp) Ingrahm from Florida. He is Plex IMO. He wont play tight end in the pros but he is solid. My tight ends are Beckum and Ingrahm.

Hwoarang
06-28-2008, 11:42 AM
I like Cornielus(sp) Ingrahm from Florida. He is Plex IMO. He wont play tight end in the pros but he is solid. My tight ends are Beckum and Ingrahm.Both for me as well.

Im_a_Romosexual
06-28-2008, 11:33 PM
Beckum. Will put up excellent stats on a good team.

holt_bruce81
06-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Chase Coffman

I say he puts up better numbers than he did last year. He was dealing with an Ankle injury for a part of last year.

kmartin575
06-29-2008, 09:51 PM
Chase Coffman

I say he puts up better numbers than he did last year. He was dealing with an Ankle injury for a part of last year.

Yep, plus no more playing second fiddle to Martin Rucker.

Sniper
06-30-2008, 11:09 AM
Travis Beckum.

TACKLE
06-30-2008, 11:20 AM
Travis Beckum - 11
Chase Coffman - 4
Cornelius Ingram -2
Jermaine Gresham - 1
Darius Hill - 1

First Team: Travis Beckum
Second Team: Chase Coffman

We've been on TE's for a couple of days now and I think we should move on to OT's.

Michael Oher - The most talented LT in the nation. Will get attention as he is arguably the top player coming into the 09 draft. Will have many chances to prove himself against some great SEC D-Lines.

Alex Boone - With Beanie potentially winning the Heisman and Ohio State in the National Championship hunt, Alex Boone will get plenty of recognition. Andre Smith, Ciron Black and Loadholt are close but Boone will get many chances to shine on National TV.

Sniper
06-30-2008, 11:24 AM
Andre Smith and Michael Oher.

Turtlepower
06-30-2008, 11:25 AM
Michael Oher and Eugene Monroe

neko4
06-30-2008, 11:30 AM
Michael Oher
Phil Loadholt

keylime_5
06-30-2008, 11:30 AM
Michael Oher and Alex Boone. I really like Alex to have a breakout all american type year this year now that he is the man up front. Playing next to Steve Rehring for his 3rd consecutive year won't hurt.

draftguru151
06-30-2008, 11:43 AM
Eugene Monroe
Andrew Gardner

TP Unger played center last year and I'm fairly sure he'll play there this year.

Very post is updated btw, let me know if anything is wrong.

Turtlepower
06-30-2008, 11:43 AM
Eugene Monroe
Andrew Gardner

TP Unger played center last year and I'm fairly sure he'll play there this year.

Yeah, you're right. I'm going to change that to Monroe. Completely forgot about him.

Cigaro
06-30-2008, 12:18 PM
Ciron Black- Destructive ************ on one a top three offensive line
Andre Smith- Just damn good. Thought about Oher, but he sometimes leaves stuff to be desired in his play

OhioState
06-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Michael Oher- he's just gonna be good, period. And i think that he is probably the most recognized OL in the country, so both those together.

Alex Boone- Has underacheived so far but i think that he's gonna have a great year. I think hes gonna maximize his impressive physical tools and finally be the man in Columbus. (on the OL)

Punisher
06-30-2008, 12:45 PM
As long as Boone doesn't face any SEC speed he should be fine right? :/

1.)Oher- Can actually block those SEC speed rushers.
2.)Monroe- Another polished UVA lineman.

Unbiased
06-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Eben Britton
Jason Fox

cdub11
06-30-2008, 02:07 PM
Michael Oher
Andre Smith

DragonFireKai
06-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Oher
Smith

keylime_5
06-30-2008, 06:40 PM
As long as Boone doesn't face any SEC speed he should be fine right? :/

1.)Oher- Can actually block those SEC speed rushers.
2.)Monroe- Another polished UVA lineman.

Boone actually played alright against LSU, it was Jarvis Moss and Florida his sophomore year that he sucked against.

holt_bruce81
06-30-2008, 06:44 PM
1. Michael Oher
2. Phil Loadholt

Hwoarang
06-30-2008, 06:55 PM
Michael Oher
Phil LoadholtI agree on both. Good choices.

Sniper
06-30-2008, 06:56 PM
I agree on both. Good choices.

Loadholt is very meh right now. Great size, but the physical attributes and on-field performance don't always match up.

Hwoarang
06-30-2008, 07:04 PM
Loadholt is very meh right now. Great size, but the physical attributes and on-field performance don't always match up.I agree i just think with Bradford and the running game he's going to play very well and get the recognition.

Sniper
06-30-2008, 07:05 PM
I agree i just think with Bradford and the running game he's going to play very well and get the recognition.

We shall see. I think Loadholt benefits greatly from Duke Robinson.

neko4
06-30-2008, 07:09 PM
Loadholt is very meh right now. Great size, but the physical attributes and on-field performance don't always match up.
The potential is there, he just needs to live up to it. BTW, WR voting going on in the NFL one

kmartin575
06-30-2008, 11:01 PM
Michael Oher
Andre Smith

Solomon
07-01-2008, 12:16 PM
Michael Oher
Andrew Gardner

bored of education
07-01-2008, 12:29 PM
monroe and gardner

Gay Ork Wang
07-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Gardner and Smith

draftguru151
07-01-2008, 12:34 PM
First team
Oher-11
Smith-6

Second Team
Monroe-4
Gardner-4

On to OGs

Duke Robinson
Orlando Franklin

CLong4Heisman
07-01-2008, 01:22 PM
Duke Robinson
Herman Johnson

cdub11
07-01-2008, 01:23 PM
Duke Robinson
Herman Johnson

Sniper
07-01-2008, 01:23 PM
Duke Robinson
Herman Johnson

I was just about to post that. Robinson and Johnson for me as well.

scottyboy
07-01-2008, 01:24 PM
no love for Anthony Davis? damn

Turtlepower
07-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Robinson and Johnson for me as well.

Cigaro
07-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Robinson and Johnson as well.

Don Vito
07-01-2008, 03:00 PM
It's hard to go against Robinson, he was a force last year. I'll go with Duke and Herman Johnson.

P-L
07-01-2008, 03:30 PM
I'll say Duke Robinson and Jeremy Perry.

princefielder28
07-01-2008, 03:34 PM
I'll say Duke Robinson and Jeremy Perry.

second those votes

Hwoarang
07-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Duke and Herman for me as well.

TACKLE
07-01-2008, 07:41 PM
Duke Robinson - The best Guard in the country and will get recognition playing at OU.

Orlando Franklin, Miami - Maybe a bit of a homer pick here but Franklin has great size at 6'7 345 but he also has really good atheltic ability. He beat out a senior for a starting spot last year and he was only a freshman. Franklin has huge potential and should lead the way for what could be 2 1000yard rushers.

Punisher
07-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Can't wait for centers. Kris O'Dowd is such a beast.

Turtlepower
07-02-2008, 10:48 AM
Can't wait for centers. Kris O'Dowd is such a beast.

He is amazing, but he is still only the 3rd-best C in the PAC-10, behind Unger and Mack.

draftguru151
07-02-2008, 11:03 AM
1st team
Duke Robinson
Herman Johnson

2nd team
Jeremy Perry
Orlando Franklin

Alex Mack for centers.

Turtlepower
07-02-2008, 11:07 AM
Alex Mack as well.

keylime_5
07-02-2008, 11:20 AM
http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/images/n7/n35213.jpg

alex mack.

Solomon
07-02-2008, 11:28 AM
ditto Mack.

cdub11
07-02-2008, 11:30 AM
alex mack also

TACKLE
07-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Alex Mack for me.

scottyboy
07-02-2008, 11:35 AM
http://rutgers.pictorialbook.com/photos/img3.jpg

Ryan Blaszczyk

Sniper
07-02-2008, 11:36 AM
Alex Mack. Kris O'Dowd next year.

Turtlepower
07-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Anyone but Alex Mack will be a joke of an answer (e.g. scotty's post).

And I'm not letting that Rutgers guy on second-team.

draftguru151
07-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Unger has a legit argument (someone vote for him so Blaszczyk isnt on the team >_>).

Turtlepower
07-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Unger has a legit argument (someone vote for him so Blaszczyk isnt on the team >_>).

When it comes to centers, the Pac-10 is disgusting.

princefielder28
07-02-2008, 12:02 PM
Alex Mack leads the pack

CLong4Heisman
07-02-2008, 12:07 PM
Unger for me.

Im_a_Romosexual
07-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Jonathan Luigs. The All American last year.

Cigaro
07-02-2008, 12:09 PM
Jonathan Luigs

scottyboy
07-02-2008, 12:24 PM
oh come on! let R-Blaz be 2nd team!

I'm determined to get a Rutgers player on one of the teams. My next hope is Westermann and then Courtney Greene!(who in all seriousness deserves at least 2nd team, kids a stud)

Solomon
07-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Anyone but Alex Mack will be a joke of an answer (e.g. scotty's post).

And I'm not letting that Rutgers guy on second-team.

I dunno my vote was for Mack but there are quite a few other good centers out there. Unger and O'Dowd in the PAC 10. Luigs, Josh McNeil and Antoine Caldwell in the SEC. And Rafael Eubanks for Iowa.

Solomon
07-02-2008, 02:25 PM
oh come on! let R-Blaz be 2nd team!

I'm determined to get a Rutgers player on one of the teams. My next hope is Westermann and then Courtney Greene!(who in all seriousness deserves at least 2nd team, kids a stud)

If I'm around when the safeties are picked I'd probably vote for Greene. I'm tempted to vote for Westermann too out of my own personal bias (I'd love to see a Canadian player on the All-American team) but probably won't.

Sniper
07-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Can we just put Mack as 1st and Luigs at second?

Turtlepower
07-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Can we just put Mack as 1st and Luigs at second?

I personally feel it should be Unger, but I can see that this could take awhile.

Don Vito
07-02-2008, 04:35 PM
I say Alex Mack as first team and Antoine Caldwell as second. There really are some good centers out there this year.

etk
07-02-2008, 11:27 PM
I vote for Alex Mack, but parts of this team reek of suckage. Sorry, part, not plural: just Tebow.

kmartin575
07-03-2008, 01:51 AM
Alex Mack
Max Unger

draftguru151
07-03-2008, 09:29 AM
1st team- Alex Mack
2nd team- Jonathan Luigs

On to DE (vote for 2)

Turtlepower
07-03-2008, 09:39 AM
Greg Hardy
Greg Middleton

OhioState
07-03-2008, 09:49 AM
maurice evans
Goerge Selvie

Sniper
07-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Maurice Evans and Greg Middleton

Turtlepower
07-03-2008, 10:07 AM
I really, really hope Greg Hardy makes AA. He is a beast.

Solomon
07-03-2008, 10:14 AM
Greg Hardy - IMO the best pass rusher in the country, if he can stay out of trouble he should have a dominant junior season. Fantastic athlete, with good quickness, great first step and is starting to fill out his 6-5 frame.

Tyson Jackson - Great size and natural ability, if he plays up to his potential on that always scary LSU line he should put up some nice numbers akin to his soph year.

This year is such a loaded year as far as DE are considered. Selvie, Middleton, Evans and English could all easily be preseason AA picks and guys like Everson Griffin, Rickey Sapp, Allen Bailey and Carlos Dunlap are poised for breakthrough years.

cdub11
07-03-2008, 10:28 AM
this is a tough pick, there are so many really good DE's

George Selvie
Maurice Evans

Solomon
07-03-2008, 10:30 AM
I was just thinking about what most of my and many others AA picks have been and decided to make an AA team based solely on the SEC. Other than lacking Crabtree, Maualuga, Jenkins, Laurinaitis and Beckum it looks like a pretty unbiased AA team.

QB Tim Tebow
RB Knowshon Moreno
FB Brannon Southerland

WR Percy Harvin
WR Kenny Mckinnley
TE Cornelius Ingram

OL Mike Oher
OL Andre Smith
C Jon Luigs
OL Herman Johnson
OL Ciron Black

DL Greg Hardy
DL Geno Atkins
DL Sen'Derrick Marks
DL Tyson Jackson

LB Rico McCoy
LB Danell Ellerbe
LB Brandon Spikes
LB Eric Norwood

DB Captain Munnerlyn
DB Eric Berry
DB Derek Pegues
DB DJ Moore

The SEC might not be the absolute best conference in the country but it sure has alot of individual talent.

Cigaro
07-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Switch out Ellerbe from Georgia and replace him with Brinkley and your set.

Anyways with ends:

George Selvie
Greg Middleton

Don Vito
07-03-2008, 11:13 AM
Greg Hardy - Little bit of a homer pick but I think he deserves it. Has the production to go along with freakish ability.

Maurice Evans - Will be the top pass rusher in the big ten in my opinion.

Sniper
07-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Greg Hardy - Little bit of a homer pick but I think he deserves it. Has the production to go along with freakish ability.

Maurice Evans - Will be the top pass rusher in the big ten in my opinion.

It's a pretty good year for pass rushers in the Big 10 too. Brandon Graham, Tim Jamison, Evans, Greg Middleton, Lawrence Wilson, Cam Heyward among others.

wicket
07-03-2008, 12:00 PM
greg hardy & george selvie for me

scottyboy
07-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Hardy and Jamaal Westermann

Unbiased
07-03-2008, 02:41 PM
George Selvie
Greg Middleton

YAYareaRB
07-03-2008, 03:16 PM
Selvie

Tyson Jackson

keylime_5
07-03-2008, 03:46 PM
Greg Middleton and Everson Griffen. I got a good hunch on this one.

TACKLE
07-03-2008, 06:27 PM
George Selvie - His production was out of this world last year and even if he comes close to what he did in '07 he'll be AA.

Everson Griffen - One of the most freakish and talent athletes in college football. Was only a situational player but was dominant when given the chance. He'll get his opportunities to shine at SC. Can't wait to see him go up against Boone.