PDA

View Full Version : The Grilling Thread

bantx
06-22-2008, 12:15 AM
For all you people who like to grill

I am a huge griller, ive grilled almost everyday this week.

What are some of ur favorite recipes on the grill?

My favorite recipe on the grill is BBQ pork ribs i made some a few weeks ago

Get you some BBQ pork ribs-bone in or bone out
get a foil pan place ur pork ribs into them - u can marinate ur pork ribs before u do it, i like to use my home made dry rub
now get ur favorite bbq sauce and put about 2 bottles into the foil pan
optional - i cut up some onions and put them into the foil pan
now cover the pan up with 2 sheets of foil and place it on the grill
let it cook in the pan for about 45 minutes
take them out the pan and brown them up on the grill
if u used bone in pork ribs the meat should fall off the bone while they were cooking in the foil pan thats when u know its done

Post ur favorite recipes!

SuperMcGee
06-22-2008, 12:25 AM
Summer barbecues are awesome, but the best grilling is always while tailgating. Can't wait for Bills season!

Favorite things to grill are steaks and portabello mushrooms. So much you can do with the mushrooms, I love stuffing them with crab meat. Mmmmm so delicious. Even simple stuff with just cheese and tomatoes is great.

Always have Worcestershire and Sweet Baby Ray's on hand.

Today I just had some honey-teriyaki marinated chicken, with some Asian Barbecue sauce that I don't really remember, someone else got it and it went well.
Still have some chicken so I'll probably fire some up Chiavetta style tomorrow.

Yeah, I love the grill.

therock6000
06-22-2008, 12:38 AM
Summer barbecues are awesome, but the best grilling is always while tailgating. Can't wait for Bills season!

Favorite things to grill are steaks and portabello mushrooms. So much you can do with the mushrooms, I love stuffing them with crab meat. Mmmmm so delicious. Even simple stuff with just cheese and tomatoes is great.

Always have Worcestershire and Sweet Baby Ray's on hand.

Today I just had some honey-teriyaki marinated chicken, with some Asian Barbecue sauce that I don't really remember, someone else got it and it went well.
Still have some chicken so I'll probably fire some up Chiavetta style tomorrow.

Yeah, I love the grill.

Glad to see someone else give SBR's some love...that stuff is amazing...

PackerLegend
06-22-2008, 01:18 AM
Beer+Brat=Beer Brat=Amazing. Sucks for states that have no idea what a brat is and have just hot dogs.

SuperKevin
06-22-2008, 01:22 AM
I miss grilling. When I lived at home with my folks I did it like 4 times a week. Now I live in a stupid Apt that doesn't allow grilling on the second level balconies. I do all my grilling on a George Foreman now and I hate it.

DHVF
06-22-2008, 01:22 AM
Beer+Brat=Beer Brat=Amazing. Sucks for states that have no idea what a brat is and have just hot dogs.
Oh no doubt about that. The brat was gods gift to man.

SuperKevin
06-22-2008, 01:24 AM

I love how easy it is to make them. All you need is a pan and a hot surface. Perfect tailgate food. I witnessed a guy in San Diego cook them on his car's engine

brat316
06-22-2008, 01:35 AM
yo wats some other interseting things you have grilled other than meat. Like pineapples things like that

bantx
06-22-2008, 01:56 AM

ah yeah i grilled some brats at the lake last week, i always place my bun on the grill so i can get a crispy bun.

themaninblack
06-22-2008, 02:03 AM
A brat with some kraut on it sounds nice right about now.

Boston
06-22-2008, 02:30 AM
yo wats some other interseting things you have grilled other than meat. Like pineapples things like that

What.........?

brat316
06-22-2008, 02:33 AM
What.........?

like things people don't usually grill or unusual receipes, i did this one thing grilled pineapples and then topped it off with ice cream and then some caramel

Caddy
06-22-2008, 02:36 AM
A banana on the BBQ goes down quite well and I'm pretty sure that could be classified as unusual. Pineapple also goes down well, particularly on a burger.

eaglesfan_45
06-22-2008, 02:41 AM
A banana on the BBQ goes down quite well and I'm pretty sure that could be classified as unusual. Pineapple also goes down well, particularly on a burger.

I'm going to try this, sounds good.

brat316
06-22-2008, 02:48 AM

the banana do you slice it or grill it whole add anything to it

Caddy
06-22-2008, 04:09 AM
With the banana you pretty much just leave it in its skin, throw in on the grill/plate or whatever you want and cook it till the skin goes partially black. You want the banana 'meat' to remain yellow and not brown/burn.

SuperKevin
06-22-2008, 04:11 AM

No BBQ is complete without a grilled ear of corn. Leave it in the husk and throw it on the grill for a few minutes. tastes delicious

yourfavestoner
06-22-2008, 04:22 AM
For all you people who like to grill

I am a huge griller, ive grilled almost everyday this week.

What are some of ur favorite recipes on the grill?

My favorite recipe on the grill is BBQ pork ribs i made some a few weeks ago

Get you some BBQ pork ribs-bone in or bone out
get a foil pan place ur pork ribs into them - u can marinate ur pork ribs before u do it, i like to use my home made dry rub
now get ur favorite bbq sauce and put about 2 bottles into the foil pan
optional - i cut up some onions and put them into the foil pan
now cover the pan up with 2 sheets of foil and place it on the grill
let it cook in the pan for about 45 minutes
take them out the pan and brown them up on the grill
if u used bone in pork ribs the meat should fall off the bone while they were cooking in the foil pan thats when u know its done

Post ur favorite recipes!

Try boiling your ribs with onions and such before you grill them. Makes them sooooo tender....

CJSchneider
06-22-2008, 07:20 AM
My wife and kids got me a new grill for father's day. I had a smoker and I loved it. I am a dry rub person as opposed to a marinade. I can grill anything. I like to cook over low heat for long periods of time, I just think it brings out the flavor of the meat better. I also grill onins, squash and zuccini. If you love grilling you have to watch "License to grill" on the Food Network. I've gotten some great ideas from that guy.

bantx
06-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Try boiling your ribs with onions and such before you grill them. Makes them sooooo tender....

yeah thats what i kinda do with the bbq, the ribs boil in the bbq sauce

awfullyquiet
06-22-2008, 01:59 PM

agreed.

but when it comes to some bbq. there's three words.

dry rose wine. i kid you not. when you try it, you'll thank me.

MetSox17
06-22-2008, 02:16 PM
I'm BBQ'ing today in celebration, so any suggestions on what to throw in there?

bantx
06-22-2008, 02:33 PM
My wife and kids got me a new grill for father's day. I had a smoker and I loved it. I am a dry rub person as opposed to a marinade. I can grill anything. I like to cook over low heat for long periods of time, I just think it brings out the flavor of the meat better. I also grill onins, squash and zuccini. If you love grilling you have to watch "License to grill" on the Food Network. I've gotten some great ideas from that guy.

what do u put in ur dry rub?

i put,

Sugar
Paprika
Salt
Black Pepper
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Chili Powder
Cayenne Powder

trkaline
06-22-2008, 03:14 PM
I grill every day its the only way I cook since the stove makes it hot in the house, I just use season all, hot sauce and old bay on my steaks its all they need...

CJSchneider
06-22-2008, 03:25 PM
Brown Sugar
Lemon Pepper
Crushed rep pepper
Salt
Black Pepper
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Mrs. Dash (regular)

I'm actually grilling as we speak/type.
chicken, ribeyes, hamburgers, hot-dogs and hot-links (Earl Campbell's of course)

Brent
06-22-2008, 05:29 PM
oh your god I love grilling burgers. so good.

7-11
06-22-2008, 05:55 PM

I miss this...alot. and beetroot that has flavour. and australian beer. and rugby.

kinda sad that thats pretty much all i miss about home at this point

ninerfan
06-22-2008, 06:54 PM

mmm someone been to the fish n chip shop lately ? You've inspired me to give a hammie with the lot a go this week.

BlindSite
06-22-2008, 07:21 PM
I've got a hooded BBQ, So I like to get a chicken, in it's guts section you put an open can of beer and let that cook. The beer flavor goes through the chicken.

bantx
06-22-2008, 09:27 PM
Im looking to buy a new grill, im looking at one right now they sell at walmart, charcoal grill with a smoker attached to it for only $84.97

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8154153

What do u perfer gas or charcoal?

Ive used both but i perfer charcoal for a lot of reasons.

fischbowl
06-22-2008, 09:49 PM
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/king-of-the-hill/images/hank-hill-1.jpg

Propane is superior.

I got some recipes I'm willing to provide you all. Caddy hit it on the nose with pineapple, and any barbequed fruit. It always works with members of the roseacae genus, apples, pears, so on and so forth and the awesome result is the perfect, caramelized side dish.

Boston
06-22-2008, 10:11 PM
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/king-of-the-hill/images/hank-hill-1.jpg

Propane is superior.

I got some recipes I'm willing to provide you all. Caddy hit it on the nose with pineapple, and any barbequed fruit. It always works with members of the roseacae genus, apples, pears, so on and so forth and the awesome result is the perfect, caramelized side dish.

Charcoal > Propane

PackerLegend
06-22-2008, 10:25 PM
No BBQ is a real without charcoal. Propane?? come on now

bantx
06-22-2008, 10:32 PM
who ever invented the automatic lite charcoal is awesome

farfromforgotten
06-22-2008, 10:57 PM

I grill out atleast 3 times a week during the summer. I always use charcoal. There is no other type of grill. I've grilled pretty much anything and everything over the years. Been doing a lot of pork chops and bbq ribs recently. Usually throw on some corn or baked/sweet potatoes and always have to do hot dogs and hamburgers for the children.

I look forward to sitting outside with a friend or two and tossing back some cold ones on a hot summers day, while the women and children are inside in the air conditioning. I love it.

MetSox17
06-23-2008, 12:39 AM
Tonight (technically last night, since it's monday officially) i cooked out with family and friends. Since the Gas vs. Charcoal argument came up, i though i'd chime in with my way.

Over here in the area where i live, Mesquite trees are as common as anything. We have about three in our yard, and about two years ago we needed to chop one down. It was about 8 years old so it had plenty of wood, so once we took it down, we chopped the wood and stored it. That's all we use to BBQ. It smells great and it seeps through to the food.

I think if you're using gas grills, you're basically using the stove.

eaglesfan_45
06-23-2008, 12:42 AM
Tonight (technically last night, since it's monday officially) i cooked out with family and friends. Since the Gas vs. Charcoal argument came up, i though i'd chime in with my way.

Over here in the area where i live, Mesquite trees are as common as anything. We have about three in our yard, and about two years ago we needed to chop one down. It was about 8 years old so it had plenty of wood, so once we took it down, we chopped the wood and stored it. That's all we use to BBQ. It smells great and it seeps through to the food.

I think if you're using gas grills, you're basically using the stove.

So, how was your b-day MetSox?

MetSox17
06-23-2008, 12:48 AM
So, how was your b-day MetSox?

It was great. I celebrated all weekend. I've been drinking and partying since 4pm on Friday. Today was a family BBQ. And i think i'm buying a bottle tomorrow. Lol.

eaglesfan_45
06-23-2008, 12:52 AM
It was great. I celebrated all weekend. I've been drinking and partying since 4pm on Friday. Today was a family BBQ. And i think i'm buying a bottle tomorrow. Lol.

Nice. (10char)

CJSchneider
06-23-2008, 07:53 AM
Charcoal with a smoke pouch of 2/3 dry-1/3 wet wood

Turtlepower
06-23-2008, 09:07 AM
God damn George Forman broke on my a couple months ago and I'm saving up to get something new. Any ideas for a good replacement for apartment grilling?

CJSchneider
06-23-2008, 09:35 AM
I used to have a Foreman Griller in college. I don't like what it does to the meat. If you have the space, even a hibatchi type BBQ would be better (IMO).

bantx
06-23-2008, 02:37 PM
God damn George Forman broke on my a couple months ago and I'm saving up to get something new. Any ideas for a good replacement for apartment grilling?

can u grill at ur apartment? if u can u should get one of those portable grills thats about 20 bux at walmart not too big and doesnt take much room

Brent
06-23-2008, 04:12 PM
I dont know about in the apartment, but if you have a patio or balcony, just get one of those table-top ones and you could get some cheap table or use a small work bench and put it on it.

eaglesalltheway
06-23-2008, 08:50 PM
I make burgers that are the best I've ever had, bar none, the problem is, they will kill you faster than exposure to uranium. I get calls from my buddies saying "yo man, you wanna come over(or the ones who want to come over and use my grill say, "can I come over...") and you can make some Urffer burgers?" (Urffer is my last name). I've never heard anything less than a reply of amazing. What I do is on my grill I have a griddle, and I cook the burgers on the griddle while putting on spices liek garlic powder, paprkia, oregano, salt, black pepper, chili powder, and such. While doing so, the fat accumulates on the griddle, and then you move the burgers to the actual grill, and dab the bread in the burger fat and residual spices. Let the bread on until the fat is crispy in the bread, and serve the burger in between the bread. It sounds disguisting, but it is a given that my "Urffer Burgers" will be made at any get together.

bantx
06-24-2008, 04:24 PM
I make burgers that are the best I've ever had, bar none, the problem is, they will kill you faster than exposure to uranium. I get calls from my buddies saying "yo man, you wanna come over(or the ones who want to come over and use my grill say, "can I come over...") and you can make some Urffer burgers?" (Urffer is my last name). I've never heard anything less than a reply of amazing. What I do is on my grill I have a griddle, and I cook the burgers on the griddle while putting on spices liek garlic powder, paprkia, oregano, salt, black pepper, chili powder, and such. While doing so, the fat accumulates on the griddle, and then you move the burgers to the actual grill, and dab the bread in the burger fat and residual spices. Let the bread on until the fat is crispy in the bread, and serve the burger in between the bread. It sounds disguisting, but it is a given that my "Urffer Burgers" will be made at any get together.

yeah that sounds very unhealthy but good lol

terribletowel39
06-24-2008, 05:47 PM
Not sure if this is done other places but I haven't found anybody that does it.

When I am grilling my burgers to make bacon cheeseburgers, get REAL bacon bits and sprinkle them on the burger, a pretty decent amount and then lay your cheese across the sprinkled on bacon bits. It suprises them every time and its good as hell. You can also toss your bacon bits around in something like brown sugar and thats really good too.

eaglesalltheway
06-25-2008, 06:57 AM
^^^I'll have to try that, that sounds really good.

TimD
06-25-2008, 11:10 AM
No BBQ is a real without charcoal. Propane?? come on now

we have both. propane if your just doing 1 burger and it needs to be fast. but if you're having a big BBQ, its charcoal every time.

eaglesalltheway
06-25-2008, 12:14 PM
we have both. propane if your just doing 1 burger and it needs to be fast. but if you're having a big BBQ, its charcoal every time.

Yeah, thats how its got to be.

bantx
06-26-2008, 10:06 PM
Im looking to buy a new grill, im looking at one right now they sell at walmart, charcoal grill with a smoker attached to it for only $84.97

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8154153

so i just bought my new grill and i did end up getting the one i wanted just finished assembling it and im ready to test it out and the smoker thats attached to it!

bored of education
06-26-2008, 10:12 PM
best thread ever. ill add some recipes in the comming days.

terribletowel39
06-27-2008, 10:53 AM
so i just bought my new grill and i did end up getting the one i wanted just finished assembling it and im ready to test it out and the smoker thats attached to it!
well hell, if you are cooking. i gots to make a trip to arlington later tonight. what you making?? brisket?? ribs?? how far are you away from Division Street?? haha

bantx
06-27-2008, 03:34 PM
i just bought 2 slabs of ribs mmmm

eaglesalltheway
06-27-2008, 03:49 PM
I'm on my way. I'll do an in-depth search on you bantx, and by the time those ribs are ready, I'll have made it to their exact location.....

And eat them, muhahahaha.....

bantx
06-27-2008, 03:50 PM
lol im gonna cook them tomorrow i might need to make some more dry rub i used almost have i made about a month ago

eaglesalltheway
06-27-2008, 03:52 PM
OK, I'm leaving now. I'm counting on getting lost and finding other BBQs along the way, so I'll see you there, haha.

terribletowel39
06-27-2008, 04:08 PM
lol im gonna cook them tomorrow i might need to make some more dry rub i used almost have i made about a month ago

well hell, if you are cooking. i gots to make a trip to arlington later tonight. what you making?? brisket?? ribs?? how far are you away from Division Street?? haha
May I remind you. I could put it off till tomorrow. I know you know exactly where I am talking about. Division Street.

bantx
06-27-2008, 05:23 PM
May I remind you. I could put it off till tomorrow. I know you know exactly where I am talking about. Division Street.

lol thats more by six flags and north arlington im in south arlington

CJSchneider
06-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Hey, I'm in Shreveport I could be there for dinner tomorrow...just kidding, my wife would kick my butt if I drove to Arlington to eat brisket.

bantx
06-28-2008, 02:11 PM
just put the ribs on the grill got hickory wood chips for the smoker should be done by 6ish, smells good already

terribletowel39
06-29-2008, 03:42 PM
throwing a party tonight, got 64 hamburgers, like 30 something hot dogs to gril, close to 100-120 beers. should be a good day.

bored of education
06-29-2008, 06:47 PM
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/7682/mmsresizedpixkp8.jpg

i made some awesome chicken today /\ i have a few more pics ill upload later

eaglesalltheway
06-29-2008, 07:33 PM
Damn you BOE chicken would really hit the spot right now, and since we have nothing worth grilling, I might be making *gulp* chicken strips in the oven

kwilk103
06-29-2008, 07:52 PM

i think i have that same grill

bored of education
06-29-2008, 08:21 PM
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/8443/mmsresizedpix11lt1.jpg

some of the chicken. i need a new grill one area cooks faster than others

bantx
06-30-2008, 09:11 PM
my ribs were a success, delicious. I want to smoke some brisket sometime soon now

prob the best way to cook chicken wings on the grill is indirect heat, put charcoal on one side of the grill and slow cook the chicken on the other side so they wont burn so fast.

ATLDirtyBirds
06-30-2008, 09:20 PM

Here's a better idea. Go make yourself a salad.

bantx
06-30-2008, 09:27 PM
grilled chicken isnt bad for u thoughsssssssssss

bantx
07-01-2008, 09:08 PM
whats everyone grilling for 4th of july this friday?

i might make some burgers and some brisket

terribletowel39
07-02-2008, 09:56 AM
anyone ever heard of Bubba Burgers?? I've been hearing rumors that they are amazing. You can buy them at the store and you grill them. Wanted to hear if anyone had had them personally and what your opinion was.

Brisket sounds like a doable thing this Friday.

Brent
07-02-2008, 10:47 AM
anyone ever heard of Bubba Burgers
TT, you live in Dallas, go to Burger House: http://www.burgerhouse.com that place is ******* delicious.

bantx
07-03-2008, 01:49 AM
i lived in texas all my life and ive never heard of burger house now i need to try it

terribletowel39
07-03-2008, 10:25 AM
TT, you live in Dallas, go to Burger House: http://www.burgerhouse.com that place is ******* delicious.
alright alright. and they have one relatively close to me. its on the agenda for the weekend. thank you suggesting lunch/dinner.

EDIT: holy balls i just looked at the menu, thats cheap as balls. me likey already.

Brent
07-03-2008, 10:32 AM
alright alright. and they have one relatively close to me. its on the agenda for the weekend. thank you suggesting lunch/dinner.

EDIT: holy balls i just looked at the menu, thats cheap as balls. me likey already.
It's cheap and so good.

CJSchneider
07-03-2008, 10:32 AM
Going to be grilling tonight through the 5th. Chicken, steaks, burgers, hotdogs, hotlinks, kabobs, corn.

terribletowel39
07-03-2008, 10:56 AM
It's cheap and so good.
recommend anything specific??

MetSox17
07-03-2008, 03:26 PM
Hey CJ, how the hell do you grill Corn?

Edit - Unless you meant on the cob. Lol

CJSchneider
07-03-2008, 05:57 PM
Yes, on the cob.

terribletowel39
07-03-2008, 06:07 PM
Yes, on the cob.
You are close enough and anyone in LA that reads this take note.

If you know where Bunkie, LA is, you need to go there and get some seasoning called Rocky's. Actually they will ship the seasonings and hot sauces but its cooler to make a trip down there because the restaurant is amazing.

Reason I bring this up, ain't nothing better than grilled corn with spray butter and Rocky's sprinkled on it. It's better than Tony C's.

CJSchneider
07-03-2008, 06:43 PM
I've only seen Bunkie once, and that was at night, and most of it looked like a trailer park (not that I'm complaining, but that is a different story)
But, Bunkie sounds like a cool road trip so I may have to go back.

bantx
07-04-2008, 01:59 AM
grilling corn on cob is delicious, if u live in the dfw try the corn on the cob they have at traders village its delicious

SuperMcGee
07-05-2008, 02:08 AM
Ribs, burgers, some great kabobs if I say so myself, corn, and even some dogs. Endless IBC to wash it all down, another delicious 4th.

bantx
07-05-2008, 01:15 PM
i just the brisket in the smoke about hour and a half ago its smellin good

terribletowel39
07-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Going to be grilling tonight through the 5th. Chicken, steaks, burgers, hotdogs, hotlinks, kabobs, corn.

i just the brisket in the smoke about hour and a half ago its smellin good
So....how was everything??

bored of education
07-07-2008, 03:08 PM
my weekend was amazing

bantx
07-07-2008, 03:14 PM
So....how was everything??

the brisket was goood, if u cut the brisket right itll be nice n tender

terribletowel39
07-07-2008, 04:02 PM
the brisket was goood, if u cut the brisket right itll be nice n tender
Where do you pick yours up?? Any special place or just like Kroger/Wal-Mart??

bantx
07-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Where do you pick yours up?? Any special place or just like Kroger/Wal-Mart??

i got the brisket from krogers but i usually get my meats from walmart cause its cheaper

TheBuffaloBills
07-07-2008, 09:37 PM
Brisket is not very popular in Buffalo, but I went to a southern BBQ restaurant and tried the Brisket sandwich........ That was good.

Do you serve it with BBQ sauce somthered on it like ribs, or do you leave it alone and eat it like steak with no sauce?

bantx
07-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Brisket is not very popular in Buffalo, but I went to a southern BBQ restaurant and tried the Brisket sandwich........ That was good.

Do you serve it with BBQ sauce somthered on it like ribs, or do you leave it alone and eat it like steak with no sauce?

u eat it with the bbq sauce, the bbq sauce i perfer is stubbs spicey bbq sauce.

themaninblack
07-07-2008, 10:46 PM
If you can find it anywhere around you(while on the subject of bbq sauces) I suggest every single one of you try Montgomery Inn BBQ sauce, it is fantastic.

terribletowel39
07-08-2008, 09:43 AM
u eat it with the bbq sauce, the bbq sauce i perfer is stubbs spicey bbq sauce.
oh sweet jesus if i could i would +rep rape you, but i'm out. Stubbs Spicy is so friggin' good. Only BBQ sauce I use.

Also back in the day, my grandma and grandpa would always bring this stuff back from Memphis, Porky's BBQ sauce. That was some good stuff too. But Stubbs all the way.

TheBuffaloBills
07-08-2008, 10:01 AM
uhhhhh.
The grocery store I go to doesnt carry it. Where do you guys get Stubbs Spicy BBQ sauce?

terribletowel39
07-08-2008, 10:02 AM
uhhhhh.
The grocery store I go to doesnt carry it. Where do you guys get Stubbs Spicy BBQ sauce?
I am 99.9% certain it is a Texas thing, but you could always google that shiz and order some from the interweb.

www.ilovestubbs.com (http://www.ilovestubbs.com)

bantx
07-08-2008, 02:14 PM
http://www.starbridge.de/images/stubbsspicy.jpg

the best bbq sauce ive ever tasted for sure

SuperKevin
07-08-2008, 02:17 PM
I used to sell BBQ Grills at Barbeques Galore. That was a fun job

bantx
05-16-2010, 11:42 PM
Tis the season to be grilling, it has begun breaking out the grill to grill some chicken tomorrow something simple.