PDA

View Full Version : Possible Free Agents?

Hermstheman83
06-22-2008, 06:14 PM
Just wondering what FA's you guys would like to see in KC next year. Two guys' on my list are:

1. Matt Jones: He's that big posession reciever that will eventually be cut by Jacksonville. I could see this happening as he's young and has a pretty big upside.

2. Lorenzo Neal: Yea, this isn't going to happen, but imagine if he was leading blocking for LJ and Jamaal?

vidae
06-23-2008, 12:55 AM
Lorenzo Neal is a terrific blocker, but with our "get younger now!" campaign, I doubt he'll be signed here. He's too old.

Matt Jones is okay. I think I'm starting to like our current WR corps though. Bowe, Franklin, Webb and Darling are 4 solid players. Bowe and Franklin will probably be our go to guys for years. I'm really really high on Franklin, and Bowe is just a stud.

I'm not really sure who will be a FA, maybe a MLB if there is a solid one out there. idk. :)

adschofield
06-23-2008, 01:14 AM
Lorenzo Neal is a terrific blocker, but with our "get younger now!" campaign, I doubt he'll be signed here. He's too old.

Matt Jones is okay. I think I'm starting to like our current WR corps though. Bowe, Franklin, Webb and Darling are 4 solid players. Bowe and Franklin will probably be our go to guys for years. I'm really really high on Franklin, and Bowe is just a stud.

I'm not really sure who will be a FA, maybe a MLB if there is a solid one out there. idk. :)

Why? We got our LB Core covered with Edwards, Williams, and DJ

villagewarrior
06-23-2008, 02:14 AM
Why? We got our LB Core covered with Edwards, Williams, and DJ

Sarcasm? Donnie Edwards will be gone sooner rather than later, and aside from DJ, Williams and Napolean, do we have any other linebackers that we know can play?

TheGreatEscape
06-23-2008, 02:58 AM
LB is a position where you can teach later rounders to contribute pretty quickly as long as they've got the right mentality for your scheme.

vidae
06-23-2008, 07:08 PM
I said LB specifically because of Donnie. He's a great player still today, but he is getting up there in age (he's 35) so we'll have to get a ballin replacement sooner rather than later.

Hermstheman83
06-24-2008, 12:29 PM
I bet we hit MLB in the draft next year, that's assuming Nap Harris is in un predictable self. I think it'd also be crazy if Ray Lewis left Baltimore...he'd be way to expensive and old for our tastes though.

It's kind of hard to speculate who KC would take via FA. I think Matt Jones definately fits the bill for WR. I think Webb, Franklin are all speed/slot guys. Darvard Darling seems to me like a smaller, faster version of D-Bo.

Another guy I was thinking of is Chris Simms, he's unhappy in TB and if he can get a chance to play QB he'd be more than willing to take a gander at KC. Then if Brodie gets injured, we have a pretty decent replacement.

vidae
06-25-2008, 02:13 AM
I'd be all for Simms as a backup role, if we don't end up drafting a QB next year (depending on how Brodie plays, that is, but as of right now I'm still a believer)