PDA

View Full Version : NBA Dynasty Draft Voting!

BrownsTown
06-24-2008, 02:20 AM
Team rosters and explanations:

Thetedginnshow:

PG - Tony Parker - Devin Harris
SG - Kobe Bryant - Monta Ellis
SF - Paul Pierce - Danny Granger - Thaddeus Young
PF - Pau Gasol - Lamar Odom - Chris Wilcox
C - Andrew Bynum - Sean Williams

Analysis: Our starting five is as formidable as any and should be dominant as is for all five years, but Monta and Granger will most likely become starters near the end. Our starting five is fairly strong defensively with a sound defender in Parker, terrific defenders in Bryant and Pierce, length in Gasol at the 4, and an anchor in Bynum down low. Gasol and Bynum gives us an offensive force down low, with Kobe and Pierce able to hit virtually any shot on the court. Parker can create for the team, as well as giving them the easy buckets with his unstoppable drives to the basket. Devin Harris gives us a strong back-up PG option while Monta is a prolific scorer and instant offense off the bench. Granger is another one of those do-it-all players that will be in his prime throughout. Young and Odom gives us some versatility at the Forward positions and Wilcox can play the 4 or 5. Sean Williams is a defensive enforcer and will help anchor that Center position behind Bynum.

------------------

Bosanac

Atlanta Hawks

PG- Baron Davis, Allen Iverson, Acie Law

SG- Joe Johnson, Allen Iverson, Michael Redd,

SF- Rudy Cool, Corey Maggette, Marvin Williams

PF- Tim Duncan, Jermaine O'Neil, Zach Randolph

C- Dwight Howard, Jermaine O'Neil

A team with great size, who will play very physicall as a team. Baron Davis leads the bunch at point who will dish the ball to Joe Johnson for the three and throw it up to Rudy Cool for the slam. Baron Davis is a scorer too and that's what he'll do. At 29 years old he still has great years ahead of him. Allen Iverson is the backup at point, he will provide the much important scoring off the bench. Acie Law is a point guard who could take over the team down the road.
Joe Johnson will not be asked to create his own shot a lot on this team. Pressure will be off will all the talent around him. He'll be open a lot and boy can he knock 'em down. He's in his prime and will be the starter for this team for years. With two proven scorers off the bench scoring will not be a problem for shooting guard. Allen Iverson will be asked to step in at SG at times. Michael Redd will come in and drain jumpers.
Rudy Cool leads the bunch at the 3, followed by Corey Maggette and the young Marvin Williams. Rudy Cool, only 21 years old and already a 20 point per game scorer. He will settle in at the starting spot for years to come. Corey Maggette is a proven vet in the league. He will backup Rudy and provide scoring off the bench. Marvin Williams is a player that's only getting better. He will be able to get more minutes the better he gets.
Tim Duncan is the starting power forward. He has great size and defense and can score over anyone. Teamed up with Dwight Howard no one will be able to stop them. Tim Duncan is the veteran every team needs. Dwight Howard is the most athletic big man in the league. Jermaine O'Neil will be asked to step in at both postions in the post. His defense will greatly benefit this team. The offensive bench big man will be Zach Randolph. He will knock down his shots.

Overall the team is championship caliber. One of the best groups of NBA player you can get together. The defese will be amazing. No one will be able to get a rebound from Howard and Duncan and no one will be able to get a point down low. This is a great defensive team but dont forget on the offense. They will be able to hit from anywhere with Joe Johnson, Allen Iverson, and Michael Redd.

----------------------

Brownstown

PG: Chris Paul/Ramon Sessions/Brandon Roy
SG: Brandon Roy/Jason Richardson/Gerald Wallace
SF: Tracy McGrady/Gerald Wallace/Rashard Lewis
PF: David West/Rashard Lewis/Kevin Love
C: Emeka Okafor/Greg Oden/Andris Biedrins

5 year plan: At PG and SG, Paul and Roy set the position for years to come. Paul is one of the top 3 players in the NBA already and Roy on of the most balanced superstars in a long time. Tracy McGrady will initially handle the SF spot, but as he ages will hand off to Gerald Wallace, one of the top defenders in the NBA. David West will have the starting spot at PF as he works well with Paul, and Lewis will be rotated in at both forward spots often to get his deadeye shooting on the court. C is the deepest position. Okafor will initially start, but don't be confused, Oden is the future. If he lives up to his HOF potential having Okafor as a 6th man PF/C will be ridiculous. The plan is to have Okafor start initially and move to Oden when he is ready.

Bench players such as Love (defense and hustle, as well as a polished offensive game), Ramon Sessions (potential and a great knack for dishing the ball and running an offense), Biedrins (ferocious rebounder and defender) and Richardson (scoring and shooting, balanced offensive player) all bring things off the bench that help the team.

Overall this is a very strong defensive team that will score with you as well.

--------------------

Fenikz

C - Kevin Garnett | Yao Ming | Chris Kaman

PF - Chris Bosh | Kevin Garnett | Chris Kaman | Josh Smith

SF - Josh Smith | Tayshaun Prince | Hedo Turkoglu | Manu Ginobili

SG - Dwayne Wade | Manu Ginobili | Rodney Stuckey | Jerryd Bayless

PG - Rodney Stuckey | Mike Conley | Dwayne Wade | Jerryd Bayless

I believe I have a great mix of grizzled veterans and high potential young guns.

Starters
Rodney Stuckey will play a Rondo like role early on in his career, a quality defender and a man who doesn't turn the ball over, but I fully expect him to be an all-star by year 3.

Dwayne Wade will be his dominate 24-6-5 self, while he does have injury issues they should be vastly diminished due to have players around him and backing him up to help take pressure off of him.

J Smoove is here mainly for defensive purposes, he is truly a game changer on that side of the floor, averaging 2.8 blocks and 1.5 steals per game.

At PF we got the perinial all-star Chris Bosh, while he doesn't get as many boards as he should this isn't much of a problem with 2 of the best defenders in the league beside him, on the offensive end of the floor he has a complete game.

And starting at Center is the 2008 NBA MVP, Kevin Garnett, the man's insensity is insane, with his presense alone everyone on my team should become better defenders and more physical players, and we all know what he can do on the court, he should be at his peak for the first 3 years and after that may see a diminished role.

Bench
My bench is a good mix once agian of grizzled vets and young guns. Quality 3 Point shooters like Manu and Hedo and great defeners like Price and Kaman. After a few years, when garnett's talent starts to diminish either Yao or Kaman will take over as full time starter, and down the road as Bayless develops he could take over as starting PG and move Stuckey to SG where he is probally a better long term fit.

-----------

Dr. Gonzo

PG - Derrick Rose / Jose Calderon
SG - Lebron James / Mike Miller / Nick Young
SF - Kevin Durant / Richard Jefferson
PF - Elton Brand / Antawn Jamison
C - Lamarcus Aldridge / Kendrick Perkins

Reasoning - I tried to always look for value in my picks while at the same time picking a young and talented team. Lebron James will be the best player in the league for the next 5 years while at the same time Kevin Durant and Derrick Rose have top 5 overall potential. Elton Brand is already a top 5 PF and in 2 or so years Aldridge has the potential to be a top C. That takes care of my starting 5. My bench of Jose Calderon, Mike Miller, Rich Jefferson, Antwan Jamison, and Kedrick Perkins would make a damn good starting 5 and to have them all as backups gives me confidence and flexibility if any of my real starting 5 gets injured. I also have Nick Young who is already turning into a star on the Wiz and in 2-3 years could very well be a top SG. I think my team can both win now while still have the potential to be a whole lot better in the next couple years.

-----------------

Metsox

Sacramento Kings -

PG - Steve Nash / Raymond Felton / DJ Augustin

SG - Kevin Martin / OJ Mayo

SF - Michael Beasley / Josh Howard / Joe Alexander

PF - Dirk Nowitzki / Charlie Villanueva / Joe Alexander

C - Amare Stoudemire / Tyson Chandler

Overview:
The Sacramento Kings' roster was created with the mentality of winning now, and 5 years down the road.

Running the team is two time MVP Steve Nash. His ability to create easy scores for his teammates is un-matched outside of Chris Paul. Kevin Martin showed this year that he's an All-Star caliber shooting guard. At 6'7, he can over power the smaller guards while still having the quicks to blow by others.

Michael Beasley at the SF position gives us a guy that can score it from anywhere on the floor. Can shoot like a guard and has the post game of a big man. He can rebound and get his shot on anyone. His defense is still getting polished, but not much would be asked from him in that department.

Dirk Nowitzki and Amare Stoudemire at the 4 and 5 positions, respectively, give us athleticism and the ability to spread the floor out with anyone. At 7'0, Nowitzki can shoot lights out from the 3pt line but can still work it inside. Amare is a mauler in the paint, and he'll have his way with just about anyone. He's returning to the form he had a few years ago in the playoffs versus the Spurs when he was going 35 and 12 just about every game on one of the league's best defensive players (Duncan).

Off the bench we have youth and talent. Felton and Augustin will both be seeing extensive time as the season(s) goes on, to keep Nash fresh, and to juice him for all his worth. Felton is already a very good point guard, and will have much to learn from Steve Nash. OJ Mayo can step onto the court as a rookie and average 20ppg. Having him on the bench is a luxury, and i can have him play both guard positions.

Josh Howard is one of the leagues youngest and most promising talents at the SF position. His defense and rebounding is very good, and having him off the bench during crucial defensive minutes is key. Tyson Chandler is one of the best defensive minded centers in the game today. If not for Kevin Garnett, he very well could have been DPOY. Charlie Villanueva provides size and some shooting and creativity on offense. His defense isn't stellar, but it's good enough.

Joe Alexander, along with Villanueva, will be spark-plugs off the bench at the 3 and 4 spots. Alexander is a very athletic 6'9ish guy that guy be overly aggressive seeing as his fouls shouldn't be a problem early in his career.

-----------

Forenci

Point Guard - Deron Williams | Kirk Hinrich | Daniel Gibson

Shooting Guard - Andre Iguodala | Ben Gordon

Small Forward - Caron Butler | Peja Stojakavic| Ron Artest

Power Forward - Carlos Boozer | David Lee

Center - Samuel Dalembert | Brook Lopez

The team is ultimately centered around the back court but also houses some great young depth. Lee, Lopez, and Gibson all can be key contributors down the road. Gordon and Gibson offer great shooters off the bench. Peja and Gibson also create an instant threat to sink threes at the drop of a feather.

The front court is also very good with a young defensive center in Dalembert and the monster presence of Carlos Boozer. The team is about playing good defense, relying on good young depth that can score off the bench and relying on Deron Williams to lead the team successfully on the court.

---------

JBond:

Starters:

PG: Gilbert Arenas
SG: Luol Deng
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: Al Jefferson
C: Al Horford

Bench:

PG: Rajon Rondo, Leandro Barbosa

SG: Vince Carter, Leandro Barbosa

SF: Shawn Marion, Boris Diaw

PF: Boris Diaw, Andrea Bargnani, Shawn Marion

C: Andrew Bogut, Boris Diaw, Andrea Bargnani

My goal was to create a team that can be fast, score well, and still have the front court to nail ya. Jefferson and Horford are beastly and should be able to score as well as defend very well. Though Deng is more of a SF, he has played SG a bit, and can likely give the 2 everything it needs except an outside shot. Him and Melo should be VERY hard to stop. Toss in Arenas to nail jumpers and threes, and you have a great team.

Off the bench, two vets in Carter and Marion who are excellent excellent players. Carter should be better coming off the bench than this past year and Marion will be used frequently. Likewise, Rondo, Diaw, Barbosa, and Bogut leave some pretty damn good young bench players

In the future, I have a future Top 5 PG in Rondo. Bogut, Bargnani, Barbosa and Diaw all can still develop a bit in my opinion, and that can create some nasty situations. Toss in that Horford, Jefferson, Melo, and Deng are all still relatively young, and this team should be one of the best in 4 or 5 years, as well as right now!

LonghornsLegend
06-24-2008, 02:57 AM
This is damn tough to grade, and probably depends on each voter...Personally I like Bosanac's team the most with Dr. Gonzo's coming in a close 2nd...I think Bosanac has the best mix of starting 5, incredible depth, and a team that meshes their games together where I could see some chemistry...Dr Gonzo's might have the most potential but I just couldn't place them at the top.

Again this was just me, and you could really go either way depending on your preference, just the two that stood out to me.

Bruce Banner
06-24-2008, 03:30 AM
This is damn tough to grade, and probably depends on each voter...Personally I like Bosanac's team the most with Dr. Gonzo's coming in a close 2nd...I think Bosanac has the best mix of starting 5, incredible depth, and a team that meshes their games together where I could see some chemistry...Dr Gonzo's might have the most potential but I just couldn't place them at the top.

Again this was just me, and you could really go either way depending on your preference, just the two that stood out to me.

I'm going with Gonzo because he already has a top 2 player (in the NBA) on the roster with the possibility of having 3 of the top ten players in the NBA on the starting 5. If that scenario doesn't play out he still has a contender year in and out.

Dr. Gonzo
06-24-2008, 03:34 AM
I'm going with Gonzo because he already has a top 2 player (in the NBA) on the roster with the possibility of having 3 of the top ten players in the NBA on the starting 5. If that scenario doesn't play out he still has a contender year in and out.

That is the truth. My team is one of the best now and no doubt has the most potential. Plus I have the best PG, SG, and SF depth out of everyone.

djp
06-24-2008, 11:12 AM
Fenikz

_______

the rest

MetSox17
06-24-2008, 02:36 PM
The last three MVP's (before this years) have gone to guys on my team, plus an All-Pro C, and only ONE vote?!

BrownsTown
06-24-2008, 02:39 PM
The last three MVP's (before this years) have gone to guys on my team, plus an All-Pro C, and only ONE vote?!

Dirk and Nash are both oldish and don't play defense.

MetSox17
06-24-2008, 02:41 PM
Dirk and Nash are both oldish and don't play defense.

That may be, but who's gonna stop them offensively? No one can match up with my bigs.

Eagles own the NFC East
06-24-2008, 02:45 PM
wow this was a tough one b/w TGS and BT. But over the first couple seasons TGS's team will dominate with Kobe, Pierce, Gasol, and Parker to go along with his bench.

And Bosonac, no way AI ever would accept a bench role haha not in a million years.

Eagles own the NFC East
06-24-2008, 02:46 PM
That may be, but who's gonna stop them offensively? No one can match up with my bigs.

I like your team, if you added one or two more defensive role players I would have voted for you.

MetSox17
06-24-2008, 02:47 PM
I like your team, if you added one or two more defensive role players I would have voted for you.

I have Tyson Chandler and Josh Howard!!

Bosanac01
06-24-2008, 04:17 PM
I have Tyson Chandler and Josh Howard!!

I actually like your team very much. I think offensevly it's one of the best but defense is not very good expecially down low, but if you need some defense you could just bring in Chandler. With Steve Nash at point the offense will be unstopable.

BrownsTown
06-24-2008, 06:05 PM
Yea, you lack defense in your starting lineup unfortunately.

MetSox17
06-24-2008, 06:25 PM
Gonzo's team might be the worst from a defensive standpoint and he's owning.

BrownsTown
06-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Gonzo's team might be the worst from a defensive standpoint and he's owning.

I disagree, LeBron, Rose, and Brand are all above average and Aldridge and Durant aren't exactly awful.

Turtlepower
06-24-2008, 06:51 PM
The thing I don't like a lot about Gonzo's team is Rose starting at PG. I believe he will be a very good PG in the NBA, but he hasn't proven anything yet. With the age of the team, they might do well in their 3rd year, but I don't think they would succeed immediately.

Bruce Banner
06-24-2008, 07:30 PM
The thing I don't like a lot about Gonzo's team is Rose starting at PG. I believe he will be a very good PG in the NBA, but he hasn't proven anything yet. With the age of the team, they might do well in their 3rd year, but I don't think they would succeed immediately.

If the coach wasn't confident with him running point LeBron could run point and there wouldn't be a dropoff at all.

BeerBaron
06-24-2008, 07:42 PM
came down to Fenikz and Brownstown for me with Gonzo a distant 3rd. I went Fenikz though his PG situation scares me a bit....might be great down the line will the rest of the team declined at all?

i still went with Fenikz though

princefielder28
06-24-2008, 08:55 PM
The Doctor received my vote

diabsoule
06-24-2008, 09:14 PM
I voted for BTown.

RoyHall#1
06-24-2008, 09:20 PM
BT for me as well.

djp
06-24-2008, 09:28 PM

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this team... Stuckey showed everybody he's a legit PG and Conley could still be an absolute stud. Dwayne Wade taking the big shot, doing it all, Garnett playing shutdown D for 3 years, BOSH DOWN LOW?!?!?! Josh Smith altering shots?

This team wins by a landslide.

BrownsTown's team is probably 2nd.

MetSox, the reason why I didn't vote for your team is for a few reasons.

1) You cheated by selecting 3 rookies
2) Your writeup isn't true. Martin isn't going to overpower anyone because he's 100 lbs.
3) Nash is super old
4) Dirk, Amare, and Beasley won't play any defense

I like the Villanueva and Chandler picks, though.

BeerBaron
06-24-2008, 09:30 PM

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this team... Stuckey showed everybody he's a legit PG and Conley could still be an absolute stud. Dwayne Wade taking the big shot, doing it all, Garnett playing shutdown D for 3 years, BOSH DOWN LOW?!?!?! Josh Smith altering shots?

This team wins by a landslide.

BrownsTown's team is probably 2nd.

MetSox, the reason why I didn't vote for your team is for a few reasons.

1) You cheated by selecting 3 rookies
2) Your writeup isn't true. Martin isn't going to overpower anyone because he's 100 lbs.
3) Nash is super old
4) Dirk, Amare, and Beasley won't play any defense

I like the Villanueva and Chandler picks, though.

all that about Fenikz's team is why iwent with them. super deep with the big men and Boston just proved you can win with a young PG. if any one stuckey/conley/bayless becomes a beast that team is sick

djp
06-24-2008, 09:33 PM
Oh yeah, and YAO MING ON THE BENCH? He was arguably the best big in the league before he got injured.

MetSox17
06-24-2008, 09:45 PM
For the record, I wasn't fully aware that there was a rule barring me from taking more than one rookie.

And, no one ever enforced anything or brought it up, or anything like that until BT finally realized it in my final pick. Oh well.

BrownsTown
06-25-2008, 01:14 PM
Need some votes to break that 3rd place tie guys.

Bosanac01
06-25-2008, 01:32 PM
Need some votes to break that 3rd place tie guys.

Yea guys someone give me two votes and we're good. ;)

Shane P. Hallam
06-25-2008, 02:51 PM
I call shennanegans on BT for not including my correct lineup nor my explanation for this poll! JBond wins!

BrownsTown
06-25-2008, 03:15 PM
I call shennanegans on BT for not including my correct lineup nor my explanation for this poll! JBond wins!

I think you got more votes from me putting Arenas there instead of Rondo ;).

I couldn't find it actually, I searched through like the last 3 pages and I would have just asked you for it, but you had disappeared!

BeerBaron
06-25-2008, 03:19 PM
man, this is two of these NBA drafts where i picked the wrong team, lol. Last time it was BT and this time I thought there was no way Fenikz could lose.

Sure he's got a lot of inexperience at PG but damn! The rest of that team is stacked AND deep......I thought they'd run away here and now, not even 3rd place? ouch... maybe i should stick to football, lol

Shane P. Hallam
06-25-2008, 03:24 PM
I think you got more votes from me putting Arenas there instead of Rondo ;).

I couldn't find it actually, I searched through like the last 3 pages and I would have just asked you for it, but you had disappeared!

I had Arenas starting silly man :P

I had Deng starting though, and a better explanation. Hell, remember, you quoted it to me on IRC to make fun of me?

BrownsTown
06-25-2008, 04:16 PM
I had Arenas starting silly man :P

I had Deng starting though, and a better explanation. Hell, remember, you quoted it to me on IRC to make fun of me?

I found it, can't seem to think why I missed it. Oh well. I don't think anyone even read the explanations and you did pretty well anyway.

BeerBaron
06-25-2008, 04:17 PM
I found it, can't seem to think why I missed it. Oh well. I don't think anyone even read the explanations and you did pretty well anyway.

i read the explanations....... so :p