PDA

View Full Version : Country Draft Quarterfinals: Broth vs. Badgerbacker

Sniper
06-24-2008, 10:35 AM
This is round 1 of the Country Draft Quarterfinals. Please vote for whose team you like better, taking into account the entire roster.

Badgerbacker's Squad

Kenny Chesney
Montgomery Gentry
Carrie Underwood
Josh Turner
Alabama
Big & Rich
Phil Vassar
Jimmy Buffett

Broth's Squad

Hank Williams Jr.
David Allan Coe
Clint Black
LeAnn Rimes
Kenny Rogers
The Eagles
Buddy Jewell
The Charlie Daniels Band

S4L
06-24-2008, 11:26 AM
This is actually closer in my mind than the polls indicate.

Outside of Kenny Chesney and Alabama, Badger isn't deep in multi-award winners, but he has some terrific popular acts in Kenny, Carrie, Josh, and Big & Rich.

Broth started and ended strong with Hank and Charlie Daniels, but the middle part of the draft hurt him in my opinion. David Alan Coe was taken too early, as was Clint Black an Buddy Jewell. Kenny Rogers and LeAnn Rimes were excellent picks, but the kicker for me is The Eagles, who have only really dabbled in country with Long Road out of Eden.

I give this to Badger in a close decision.

eaglesalltheway
06-24-2008, 11:32 AM
I gave it to badger, but I too think it was close. But Chesney, Montgomery Genty, Underwood, Turner, and Big & Rich are too good to pass up IMO. Its just my opinion, but thats how I feel.

MetSox17
06-24-2008, 02:46 PM
I'm voting for Badger as well, mostly because of the David Allen Coe pick. Leann Rimes and Kenny Rogers in the middle closed the gap, but in the end, i see Badger ahead.

badgerbacker
06-24-2008, 06:00 PM
I vote for myself (big surprise right?). I basically picked my team based on artists I like rather than award winners if anyone wants that rational for how I picked.

Brothgar
06-24-2008, 06:21 PM
I also voted for myself (Gasp!) I picked artists by my favorite songs Buddy Jewel was a reach but I really like his music. Of course Coe and Hank Williams Jr weren't really my picks but yeah...

eaglesalltheway
06-25-2008, 06:32 AM
I vote for myself (big surprise right?). I basically picked my team based on artists I like rather than award winners if anyone wants that rational for how I picked.

That is how I picked, but I do have some successful artists.

eaglesalltheway
06-27-2008, 11:12 AM
Congrats Badger, Broth, well done.