PDA

View Full Version : Cricket Draft

wicket
06-25-2008, 06:05 PM
I'm thinking of doing a cricket draft probably 6 men first based on test cricket and perhaps with a redraft structure towards limited over cricket(choose 5 players to keep for instance). Post if you want in.

brat316
06-25-2008, 07:07 PM
I never liked Cricket though my dad loves it and watches when ever he can. That maybe because he grew up playing it all the time in India.

I watched 1 match India vs Australia World Cup something

wicket
06-25-2008, 07:16 PM
I am not expecting to many cricket lovers here so thats ok

Bosanac01
06-25-2008, 07:29 PM
I am not expecting to many cricket lovers here so thats ok

i have used to play cricket everyday after school with my friends. No one knew what it was really but it seemed fun so we wanted to play. One of our teachers was from Middle East and another was from South Africa and they set it up, and tought us how to play. Playing cricket was so much fun and we just loved it but only watched it a little bit, it never shows up on tv and is not any popular at all.

Caddy
06-25-2008, 07:31 PM
I'm in, but nobody else is. :(

Bosanac01
06-25-2008, 07:32 PM
I'm in, but nobody else is. :(

I was expecting you here.

Caddy
06-25-2008, 07:37 PM
I was expecting you here.

I'm not surprised. Cricket is one of my favourite sports.

wicket
06-25-2008, 07:44 PM
we'll get a souple of englishmen in, perhaps the occasional aussi, this is a sportssite so there must be some aussies around

Bosanac01
06-25-2008, 07:50 PM
we'll get a souple of englishmen in, perhaps the occasional aussi, this is a sportssite so there must be some aussies around

i bet you'll get some 2morrow, it's late now in europe.

wicket
06-25-2008, 07:55 PM
I know, I'm in europe ;)

brat316
06-25-2008, 08:20 PM
i have used to play cricket everyday after school with my friends. No one knew what it was really but it seemed fun so we wanted to play. One of our teachers was from Middle East and another was from South Africa and they set it up, and tought us how to play. Playing cricket was so much fun and we just loved it but only watched it a little bit, it never shows up on tv and is not any popular at all.

How did you guys like catching a wooden ball with bare hands

Bosanac01
06-25-2008, 08:50 PM

i dont think we played with a wooden ball.

UKfan
06-26-2008, 11:13 AM
I'll get in on this if it kicks off, I'm not the most knowledgable about cricket, but it's something different :D

wicket
06-27-2008, 05:43 PM
I am calling it: Time of death 0.42 AM CET

Rob S
06-27-2008, 06:35 PM
I saw quite a bit of cricket in India. Sean Marsh is the only name i remember tho....as he had a beastly game for Punjab Kings XI, that I randomly chose as my favorite team in the IPL.

Caddy
06-28-2008, 02:28 AM

The ball is usually made of a synthetic leather or something that resembles it.

wicket
06-28-2008, 07:01 AM
The ball is usually made of a synthetic leather or something that resembles it.
well to be precise, the ball is made of heavily compressed cork, with a lining of rope around it that gets farnished, then leather (tru leather when its a proper ball) and is farnished again. trust me i played both sports, its way harder and a bit heavier than a baseball. Although it'll be tough to compare due to the different stuctures, the ball is harder than golfballs (and obivously bigger). The best comparison in hardness would probably be a field-hockey ball but then again that probably doesnt help you lot that much.

thule
06-28-2008, 07:15 AM
oooooo bloody hell

Caddy
06-28-2008, 09:08 AM
well to be precise, the ball is made of heavily compressed cork, with a lining of rope around it that gets farnished, then leather (tru leather when its a proper ball) and is farnished again. trust me i played both sports, its way harder and a bit heavier than a baseball. Although it'll be tough to compare due to the different stuctures, the ball is harder than golfballs (and obivously bigger). The best comparison in hardness would probably be a field-hockey ball but then again that probably doesnt help you lot that much.

Lets just say it hurts when it hits you if your facing a fast bowler.