Alex Cintron
Brandon Tripp
Zach Britton
Cash Considerations

Baltimore agrees to the deal

fischbowl
06-27-2008, 11:13 PM
San Diego agrees to the aforementioned:

Greene has been a thorough disappointment the past few years and I deemed him expendable mainly due to his struggles to get on base. In my system, OPS and AVG are key stats for success.

We loaded in the following haul from the Baltimore Orioles:

Alex Cintron will be used as a replacement SS until prospect Matt Antonelli is deemed ready for Major League Action. Cintron has had great success against NL West competition in his days as the starting SS for the Arizona Diamondbacks, and I feel a move back to this division would be beneificial.

Zach Britton is a left handed starter prospect currently pitching for Delmarva. He was listed as the #21 prospect in the Oriole organization this past year and is currently putting up a respectable 7-5, 2.95 ERA season at Delmarva. Britton has been assigned to the Fort Wayne Wizards.

OF/2b Brandon Tripp was the Baseball America Orioles Minor League Player of the Year in 2007, hitting .288, .377 OPS in 371 AB's for Delmarva. He also showed decent power hitting 19 HR's in 2007. Tripp projects as a Frank Catalanotto type utility extraordinare. He has been assigned to Lake Elsinore.

OSUGiants17
06-28-2008, 04:57 PM
Rockies get:
Jhonny Nunez, RHP
Odalis Prez, LHP

Nationals get:
Eric Young Jr., 2B

The Rockies agree to this trade

fenikz
06-28-2008, 05:08 PM
Rockies get:
Jhonny Nunez, RHP
Odalis Prez, LHP

Nationals get:
Eric Young Jr., 2B

The Rockies agree to this trade

The Nationals agree to this trade

While Perez is a decent pitcher he has no part in the future plans of the Nationals. Nunez while he is our 18th ranked prospect is having a bad year and is expendable due to the surplus of young pitching prospects already in the system.

Eric Young Jr. is much like his dad a real speedster, he is currently hitting .298 in AA with a 25/32 BB/K ratio, he stole a California league record 73 bases last year in high A and has 22 so far this year. He could blossom into an all-star caliber lead off hitter in a few years.

princefielder28
06-29-2008, 11:14 PM
Brewers get : RP Craig Hansen and Single A LHP Felix Doubront

Red Sox get : 3B Bill Hall

BigDawg819
06-29-2008, 11:53 PM

Not a bad upgrade to the pen prince.

Scotty D
06-30-2008, 12:05 AM
To Tigers-

AJ Burnett, RHP
Jason Monti, RHP

To Jays-

Yorman Bazardo, RHP
Jeff Larish, 1B
Brandon Hamilton, RHP

To Rays
Bronson Arroyo

To Reds
Mitch Talbot
JT Hall

Im_a_Romosexual
06-30-2008, 12:48 AM

Yup. its a Deal and no more Alex Cora!! (only in my dreams)

Eaglez.Fan
06-30-2008, 08:36 AM
To Tigers-

AJ Burnett, RHP
Jason Monti, RHP

To Jays-

Yorman Bazardo, RHP
Jeff Larish, 1B
Brandon Hamilton, RHP

Toronto accepts.

Most of the time it wouldn't be smart to trade your #2 starter for a bunch of prospects but considering AJ's contract is up soon, there is no chance that he re-signs with us. We are hoping that either Yorman Bazardo or Brandon Hamilton will develop into a #3 -#4 starter. The Jays also need hitting and Jeff Larish is the best hitter in the Tigers system. He's a hard hitting 1st basemen that will replace Lyle Overbay in a year or two. The pitcher that we gave up was Jason Monti who was just a 25th rounder of last years draft. So all in all, to get the Tigers 5th, 6th and 10th ranked prospects for Burnett was a success.

fenikz
07-01-2008, 06:30 PM
Nationals get:
Taylor Green 3B
Robert Bryson LHP
Hernan Iribarren 2B
Steve Harrmond LHP
Jonathan Lucroy C

Brewers Get:
Christian Guzman SS
Tim Redding RHP

princefielder28
07-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Nationals get:
Taylor Green 3B
Robert Bryson LHP
Hernan Iribarren 2B
Steve Harrmond LHP
Jonathan Lucroy C

Brewers Get:
Christian Guzman SS
Tim Redding RHP

agree...i did give up some quality prospects, but i filled some needs for this year

Jensen
07-01-2008, 10:50 PM
To Florida:
Deibinson Romero, 3B
Matthew Fox, RHP

To Minnesota:
Dallas McPherson, 3B
Donald Czyz, RHP

fischbowl
07-01-2008, 11:00 PM
Minnesota agrees to this deal.

3B has long been a problem position for the Minnesota Twins and we have found a cheap solution in McPherson. McPherson, who signed a minor league deal with the Marlins this winter, has been tearing it up in Albuquerque, hitting .310 and already setting a PCL home run record, hitting one in each of seven games last week. He is currently leading the minor leagues with 28 round trippers. He will start in place of Brian Buscher. Buscher will remain on the roster.

fischbowl
07-01-2008, 11:05 PM
To New York Mets:

RP Randy Newsom

To Cleveland Indians:

Cash Considerations

I am completely in love with this relief prospect. A Tufts business graduate, Newsom was signed by Boston as a non drafted free agent and traded to Cleveland for Coco Crisp. Since the trade, Newsom has not stopped producing. After a brilliant season last year with Kinston and Akron, Newsom returned to Akron to assume to closer's role. Thus far he has been among the most successful relievers in the minors going 5-0 with a 1.75 ERA and 24 saves for the Aeros. He will be assigned to New Orleans.

CJSchneider
07-03-2008, 08:32 PM
Pirates get
Trevor Cahill

A's get
Xavier Nady

(Oakland is looking for a star pitcher and 3B prospect for Eric Chavez)

S4L
07-03-2008, 08:44 PM
Pirates get
Trevor Cahill

A's get
Xavier Nady

I accept this deal.

Nady is not resigning with the Pirates, especially with Scott Boras as his agent, and McCutchen, Bay, and McLouth all in the system.

Cahill is a great addition to a weak part of the organization, pitching. He is only 20 years old and rising quickly. One of the top pitchers in the A's system maintained a 2.78 ERA, 0.95 WHIP, 10.6 K/9 in High A, and is already pitching well following his recent promotion to AA.

I expect Cahill to become an excellent piece of the Pirates rotation by 2012, which is when I am aiming for this team to compete.

Jason Bay, Jack Wilson, John Grabow, and Damaso Marte are all still on the block.