02-28-2007, 03:02 PM
NFL Live, right now.

Lol you beat me to it.

BehrenMan007
02-28-2007, 03:08 PM
noooo waayyyy

NickBam
02-28-2007, 03:11 PM
They're reporting that they're going to try to work a new deal out with him.

ccB
02-28-2007, 03:13 PM
Everyone knew this was coming. The contract was too much for how he has performed of late. I think theres a chance they still restructure but I dont really care either way.

bearsfan_51
02-28-2007, 03:55 PM
Trade for Thomas Jones. 3rd rounder please and thank you.

hugegmenfan
02-28-2007, 04:26 PM
i see them picking a hb in the late 1st round or trade up in the early 2nd- the player will probably b a reach but michael bush comes to mind

bored of education
02-28-2007, 04:29 PM
hello patriots

SeanTaylorRIP
02-28-2007, 04:32 PM
Trade for Thomas Jones. 3rd rounder please and thank you.

Most likely trade Our 3rd rounder for Thomas Jones and your 4th rounder.

BlindSite
02-28-2007, 04:39 PM
Not surprising. I expect the Panthers to do this with a couple of our guys too.

bearsfan_51
02-28-2007, 05:38 PM
Most likely trade Our 3rd rounder for Thomas Jones and your 4th rounder.
I don't Angelo is that keen on trading him (which probably means he won't be traded at all).

Last year he was apparently offered a 2nd and a 3rd (if I remember the link I'll post it) and insisted that he wanted a first, which is insane. This year is different though as I think the team is more open to trading him now that Benson has at least shown a little.

SeanTaylorRIP
02-28-2007, 05:46 PM
I don't Angelo is that keen on trading him (which probably means he won't be traded at all).

Last year he was apparently offered a 2nd and a 3rd (if I remember the link I'll post it) and insisted that he wanted a first, which is insane. This year is different though as I think the team is more open to trading him now that Benson has at least shown a little.

I'm the #1 TJ fan on the boards but a 2nd and a 3rd and he demanded a 1st that is a big laugh, the Bears should expect a 4th in return for him a 3rd is being generous. For his age and the fact that running back is the easiest position to find in the league he will not demand any more than a early 4th.

21ST
02-28-2007, 06:10 PM
The texans should try and get him

PalmerToCJ
02-28-2007, 06:11 PM
Thomas Jones is what the Ravens need.

Lewis was a weak spot for them last year. He's the one glaring weakness I saw.

bearsfan_51
02-28-2007, 06:12 PM
I'm the #1 TJ fan on the boards but a 2nd and a 3rd and he demanded a 1st that is a big laugh, the Bears should expect a 4th in return for him a 3rd is being generous. For his age and the fact that running back is the easiest position to find in the league he will not demand any more than a early 4th.
Kevan Barlow got a 4th and he sucks.

Hell, Travis Henry got a 3rd. Jones should get a 3rd or they shouldn't move him at all. There's no point in getting ripped off for no reason.

Tubby
02-28-2007, 06:16 PM
I cant really find his place in the league. He hasnt been doing very well, a backup type performance, but he isnt old and still has that potential behind him. When you take into account his attitude, he's going to ask for starter money, something which I dont think most teams will pay him.

niel89
02-28-2007, 06:31 PM
the problem with this guy is you dont really know where he is at right now. all of the past season he was playing with bone spurs and had to get numbing injections from week 8 on.

GermanSaint
02-28-2007, 06:48 PM
he is bad , one great year dont make you great at all

niel89
02-28-2007, 06:57 PM
Thomas Jones is what the Ravens need.

Lewis was a weak spot for them last year. He's the one glaring weakness I saw.

yeah our run game really wasn't that good. if we could have run the ball well then we would have been much better

princefielder28
02-28-2007, 07:00 PM
Everyone knew this was coming. The contract was too much for how he has performed of late. I think theres a chance they still restructure but I dont really care either way.

Never really the same since his prison term

niel89
02-28-2007, 07:03 PM
Never really the same since his prison term

yeah he came back that year unprepared and then he was injured. and then this year he had bone spurs impairing his ability to make cuts. he may still have something but who knows?

maybe something happened in prison that caused him to not walk right? :wink: :wink:

RaiderNation
02-28-2007, 07:06 PM
goodchance he could go to oakland...u know us, over pay players that are past there prime is our middle name

OhioState
02-28-2007, 07:06 PM
i think that jmal is definitely not worth his contract and that he deserved to be cut. Thomas jOnes is a very good back but if anything like a second rounder was offered he would be traded in a heartbeat.

Chucky
02-28-2007, 07:07 PM
i could see a team like the steelers or maybe even the colts picking him up, but he would fit well with the pats

niel89
02-28-2007, 07:09 PM
i could see a team like the steelers or maybe even the colts picking him up, but he would fit well with the pats

i could see the steelers picking him up too. get a guy to compliment wille parker, like a very poor mans Bus

fenikz
02-28-2007, 07:20 PM
viva arizona

San Diego Chicken
02-28-2007, 07:28 PM
Why wouldn't the Ravens want Michael Turner over Thomas Jones? Turner is younger, bigger, more physical, cheaper, and has far less tread on his tires. In fact he is very much like Lewis before his ankle surgery.

niel89
02-28-2007, 07:32 PM
Why wouldn't the Ravens want Michael Turner over Thomas Jones? Turner is younger, bigger, more physical, cheaper, and has far less tread on his tires. In fact he is very much like Lewis before his ankle surgery.

they would love turner. in fact every ravens fan will love to have him but what is his price tag?

San Diego Chicken
02-28-2007, 07:35 PM
they would love turner. in fact every ravens fan will love to have him but what is his price tag?

Scratch my post. Hot off the news wire, Turner is tendered for a 1st and 3rd which effectively takes him off the market. Sorry I rushed the point a bit.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20070228-1656-bn28chargers.html

PACKmanN
02-28-2007, 07:41 PM
there going to take Tony Hunt or Michael Bush in the second.

niel89
02-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Scratch my post. Hot off the news wire, Turner is tendered for a 1st and 3rd which effectively takes him off the market. Sorry I rushed the point a bit.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20070228-1656-bn28chargers.html

damn. too bad, he is worth a lot, but that is just too much.

sdpads24
02-28-2007, 07:45 PM
^ No it's not. Did you read the article? Keeping LT as healthy as possible is vital to his future. With the amount of cap space we have, this was the obvious move made by AJ. I would rather keep Turner for one more year than get anything in return now for the health of LT.

niel89
02-28-2007, 07:51 PM
^ No it's not. Did you read the article? Keeping LT as healthy as possible is vital to his future. With the amount of cap space we have, this was the obvious move made by AJ. I would rather keep Turner for one more year than get anything in return now for the health of LT.

no i mean a 1st and a 3rd is too much to try to get him for the ravens. hes a damn good back and gives you guys two good RBs

niel89
02-28-2007, 07:52 PM
there going to take Tony Hunt or Michael Bush in the second.

whoooo stayley in the first and hunt in the second

ccB
02-28-2007, 07:55 PM

Id hate that. Irons in the 2nd and Jarvis Moss/Anthony Spencer in the 1st.

I really think we will restructure Jamals deal and have him back. Apparently he wants to play here still and Ozzie Newsome wants him here also.

sdpads24
02-28-2007, 07:56 PM
no i mean a 1st and a 3rd is too much to try to get him for the ravens. hes a damn good back and gives you guys two good RBs

It is a lot but it was the right thing to do. That would be sweet if some team really gave. us a 1st and a 3rd for turner. If not, that's allright too.

The Unseen
02-28-2007, 07:58 PM
Interesting.

yourfavestoner
02-28-2007, 08:01 PM
Something I've always wondered...wouldn't a scat back fit better into Billick's offensive philosophies? Look at what he was able to do with Robert Smith over in Minnesota.

niel89
02-28-2007, 08:02 PM
Id hate that. Irons in the 2nd and Jarvis Moss/Anthony Spencer in the 1st.

I really think we will restructure Jamals deal and have him back. Apparently he wants to play here still and Ozzie Newsome wants him here also.

it all depends on if he comes back in my mind. if he does then i think we wait on a RB and go Moss/Spencer in the 1st.

all i know is that ozzie will get it what ever the best value is.

ks_perfection
02-28-2007, 08:06 PM
Took them long enough, Lewis has been bad for years now.

EdReedUnstoppable
02-28-2007, 08:06 PM

Well Staley in the first is a must, but I say Pittman if we draft a RB.

skinzzfan25
02-28-2007, 08:39 PM
I've watched plenty of Ravens games and hes still a pretty good back. He's not big enough to be a "pound it" back and truck people like Bus, but not fast enough to be a speed back. He takes way to many steps in the backfield and does not hit the hole hard enough. With some proper coaching, and heal back to 100% I think he could improve.

yourfavestoner
02-28-2007, 10:22 PM
I've watched plenty of Ravens games and hes still a pretty good back. He's not big enough to be a "pound it" back and truck people like Bus, but not fast enough to be a speed back. He takes way to many steps in the backfield and does not hit the hole hard enough. With some proper coaching, and heal back to 100% I think he could improve.

Um...are you talking about Jamal Lewis?

niel89
02-28-2007, 10:54 PM

hes around 250 lbs so i think he has the size. hes a back that likes to grind down a defense

PalmerToCJ
02-28-2007, 10:59 PM
Um...are you talking about Jamal Lewis?

I don't think so... He must be confused.

I was hoping they'd keep him, I feel like he's one of the few things holding them back.

niel89
02-28-2007, 11:27 PM
I don't think so... He must be confused.

I was hoping they'd keep him, I feel like he's one of the few things holding them back.

shut up. :)

for the future i think the ravens should always slick up the K ball for you guys now.

im a little afraid of the bengals. their wr.s are really good and they take advantage of our defense. they also were good at picking up our blitzes too well. i want to substitute Carson for B. Roth on some of those hits.

Caddy
03-01-2007, 12:43 AM
i could see the steelers picking him up too. get a guy to compliment wille parker, like a very poor mans Bus

I dont think he is a "very poor mans" Bettis. Afterall he has had some much better seasons that the Bus ever had.

niel89
03-01-2007, 12:46 AM
I dont think he is a "very poor mans" Bettis. Afterall he has had some much better seasons that the Bus ever had.

yes he did have a couple good seasons but the Bus always ran with such power and authority. jamal doesn't hit the hole like he used to and doesnt break tackles like he did. Jamal now seems like a shell of his former self. although he might still have some left in the tank.

omecool20
03-01-2007, 01:51 AM
I would advise Jamal to do a Bettis and feature himself as a third down back, primarily, and a change of pace. All he needs to do know is get healthy and well rested. The pounding that he got these past few years, really caught with him last season. Get some rest Jamal n come back better ! :D

Caddy
03-01-2007, 02:47 AM
yes he did have a couple good seasons but the Bus always ran with such power and authority. jamal doesn't hit the hole like he used to and doesnt break tackles like he did. Jamal now seems like a shell of his former self. although he might still have some left in the tank.

All you did was add to what I said. Bettis was more consistent than Lewis however Lewis peaked at a higher level.

BigDawg819
03-01-2007, 03:59 AM

You know damn well that I have been against trading for Turner from the get go. Besides Jamal's coming back plus we got Mike Anderson and PJ Daniels. We need a good and sold offensive game plan.

Bohleive
03-01-2007, 10:04 AM
Something I've always wondered...wouldn't a scat back fit better into Billick's offensive philosophies? Look at what he was able to do with Robert Smith over in Minnesota.

Smith also ran with a lot of power for one thing. For another, that may seem true (the shifty, pass catching back fit), but it doesn't fit the character of his team. Billick has adapted his philosophy to fit his personel, which is defenseively driven. The result is he needs a big back is to wear down defenses and control the clock. It's not about his offense, it's about his defense. That's how he won the SB.
Anyways, I'm not sure how I feel on TJ for a third at this point, but it's a very nice option to have. I'd like to see what the draft brings us before we make any moves.

niel89
03-01-2007, 11:52 AM
You know damn well that I have been against trading for Turner from the get go. Besides Jamal's coming back plus we got Mike Anderson and PJ Daniels. We need a good and sold offensive game plan.
ok i think turner is really good, but i agree that we do need a better game plan.

broncofan4lyfe
03-02-2007, 05:23 PM
personally i think the broncos should pick up jamal. id think hed be a nice fit to their run game