PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Advice Thread

alca1992
06-28-2008, 04:11 PM
i have 5 RB's (Larry Johnson, Maurice Jones-Drew, Laurence Maroney, Rudi Johnson, Julies Jones) should i keep them all or should i trade them

Rob S
06-28-2008, 04:13 PM
i have 5 RB's (Larry Johnson, Maurice Jones-Drew, Laurence Maroney, Rudi Johnson, Julies Jones) should i keep them all or should i trade them

well.....are u thin at other positions. The answer is probably yes, so deal. I would hold onto 4 of them tho (for sure if u can start 3) just in case of injuries or loss of form.

Gay Ork Wang
06-28-2008, 04:13 PM
Keeper League? u should def need to trade someone

alca1992
06-28-2008, 04:17 PM
im a little weak at WR ive got Terrel Owens, Marvin Harrison, and Nate Buralson starting and Antonio Gonzolez on my bench. i just offered T.j. housyourmama for burelson and maroneyy. Good Deal?

Gay Ork Wang
06-28-2008, 04:21 PM
again Keeper League?

Rob S
06-28-2008, 04:28 PM
how many people in this league. Your team looks awful good for a standard 12 or even 10.

alca1992
06-28-2008, 05:19 PM
its a 10 team leauge, its not keeper. and my QB is Carson Palmer, my Def is NE, my TE is Heath Miller, and my kicker is josh brown if that helps

Gay Ork Wang
06-28-2008, 06:16 PM
try to get another QB and a WR. Anthoney Gonzalez is a nice pick up and ur team looks really incredible imo

Rob S
06-28-2008, 09:46 PM
u must be playing with complete morons

Strongside
06-29-2008, 04:19 PM
Just wondering if I could get some feedback after my first draft. It's 10 team league. We start QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D with a bench of 6. Pretty standard rules. Not point per reception. Not a keeper.

The Toronto 69ers:

1(2): Adrian Peterson: He’s unproven and could be injury prone. But he has so much potential I couldn’t resist taking him.
2(9): Braylon Edwards: Receivers are coming off the board fast, and I have another pick in 2 picks to get another RB.
3(2): Maurice-Jones Drew: He’s one of my favorite players and he’s got a nose for the end zone.
4(9): Ben Roethlisberger: Romo, Brees and Palmer are all gone and I thought I should pick up a QB.
5(2): Willie Parker: Two steelers in a row (Homer!) I couldn’t believe Parker was here in round 5. We only start 2 RBs with no flex but I thought he was too good to pass up. He’s good insurance for Peterson too. I could start him some weeks too. Depending on math-ups.
6(9): Lee Evans: I’m in need for WR and he was the best on my board. I thought about taking him instead of Parker in Round 5.
7(2): Dwayne Bowe: I realized about 0.2 seconds after making this pick that he has the same bye week as Lee Evans.
8(9): Vernon Davis: He’s supposed to be more involved in the offense this year.
9(2): Matt Forte: I love this pick. Couldn’t believe he was here.
10(9): Anthony Gonzalez (Ind): I have a severe lack of depth at WR, and in week 6 I’m pretty screwed. He’s my sleeper pick I guess
11(2): Aaron Rodgers: Let’s get serious, with his line and schedule Roethlisberger could be spending a lot of time on the ground next year. I need a quality back-up for him.
12(9): Vincent Jackson: Lack of depth at WR.
13(2): Phil Dawson: The 9th kicker taken. Honestly I didn’t know what kicker to pick, but I thought this was a solid pick.
14(9): Chester Taylor: Handcuff for A.D.
15(2): Seattle Defense

LonghornsLegend
07-01-2008, 02:54 AM
Just wondering if I could get some feedback after my first draft. It's 10 team league. We start QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D with a bench of 6. Pretty standard rules. Not point per reception. Not a keeper.

The Toronto 69ers:

1(2): Adrian Peterson: Heís unproven and could be injury prone. But he has so much potential I couldnít resist taking him.
2(9): Braylon Edwards: Receivers are coming off the board fast, and I have another pick in 2 picks to get another RB.
3(2): Maurice-Jones Drew: Heís one of my favorite players and heís got a nose for the end zone.
4(9): Ben Roethlisberger: Romo, Brees and Palmer are all gone and I thought I should pick up a QB.
5(2): Willie Parker: Two steelers in a row (Homer!) I couldnít believe Parker was here in round 5. We only start 2 RBs with no flex but I thought he was too good to pass up. Heís good insurance for Peterson too. I could start him some weeks too. Depending on math-ups.
6(9): Lee Evans: Iím in need for WR and he was the best on my board. I thought about taking him instead of Parker in Round 5.
7(2): Dwayne Bowe: I realized about 0.2 seconds after making this pick that he has the same bye week as Lee Evans.
8(9): Vernon Davis: Heís supposed to be more involved in the offense this year.
9(2): Matt Forte: I love this pick. Couldnít believe he was here.
10(9): Anthony Gonzalez (Ind): I have a severe lack of depth at WR, and in week 6 Iím pretty screwed. Heís my sleeper pick I guess
11(2): Aaron Rodgers: Letís get serious, with his line and schedule Roethlisberger could be spending a lot of time on the ground next year. I need a quality back-up for him.
12(9): Vincent Jackson: Lack of depth at WR.
13(2): Phil Dawson: The 9th kicker taken. Honestly I didnít know what kicker to pick, but I thought this was a solid pick.
14(9): Chester Taylor: Handcuff for A.D.
15(2): Seattle Defense

Not a bad team, pretty solid overall, but it is a 10 team draft which unlike 12 or 14 teams the other teams are pretty stacked also, so I'd look for a WR upgrade somewhere...Maybe I'm just not as big of a fan of Lee Evans as you might be, but I think you could be stronger at your WR2 position, along the lines of Roy Williams, and rotate Bow and Gonzalez as your WR3 and you should be competitive every week.

LonghornsLegend
07-01-2008, 03:00 AM
Ok I need a few guys opinion on this, I'm in one of my dynasty leagues initial drafts in the 5th round, I'm up to take my 2nd WR(Roy Williams was the 1st) and I wanted to see how you ranked these few WR's in terms of immediate production, and more upside(please no homer picks):

Roddy White
Dwayne Bowe
Greg Jennings

I'm the highest on Roddy out of the bunch, because he had the best numbers last year and his situation will at least be slightly better, Matt Ryan is at worst better then Harrington, and Baker is an upgrade over what they had...Jennings also has a new QB, and its hard to gauge if he can be as productive depending on who Rogers favors, and Bowe didn't really put up gaudy stats with Croyle at QB, so as much as I like him, not sure I'm confident in him, if it were me I'd rank them as follows:

Roddy White
Dwayne Bowe
Greg Jennings

I put Bowe slightly higher because he is the main threat to score, and Green Bay has alot of WR's in the mix for productivity, just wanted to see what you guys thought.

Caddy
07-01-2008, 06:00 AM
All three have question marks at their positions so I don't know if a lot will separate them when it all comes down to it.

Eaglez.Fan
07-03-2008, 07:57 AM
I'd go Jennings>White>>>>Bowe.

Gay Ork Wang
07-03-2008, 08:07 AM
Id go White > Bowe > Jennings

alca1992
07-28-2008, 09:27 PM
should i add Brett Farve. my backup QB is Phillup Rivers. should i risk it cause brett farve could be a big reward

Gay Ork Wang
07-29-2008, 04:01 AM
look we just have a fantasy football Help thread...but no, id keep Rivers.

MetSox17
07-29-2008, 01:23 PM
should i add Brett Farve. my backup QB is Phillup Rivers. should i risk it cause brett farve could be a big reward

Yeah, i'd keep Rivers. Brett Favre might go to a team that didn't have all the weapons he did in Green Bay. I'm looking to Rivers for a big season. He showed a lot for me in the post-season, so i think he's ready to have a big year. He's got plenty of weapons to throw at, and he'll have the great running game once again.

locseti
07-30-2008, 01:33 PM
I am a LM in the 2nd yr of a keeper league and I have a problem. Somebody traded half his team last yr to get LT, so now he has LT and Peyton - two first rounders. Naturally he's keeping them both, so I need some advice on how to deal with it. Should he not be allowed to draft until round 4? Has anybody else ever had this problem?

LonghornsLegend
07-30-2008, 07:54 PM
I am a LM in the 2nd yr of a keeper league and I have a problem. Somebody traded half his team last yr to get LT, so now he has LT and Peyton - two first rounders. Naturally he's keeping them both, so I need some advice on how to deal with it. Should he not be allowed to draft until round 4? Has anybody else ever had this problem?

The keeper leagues I've been involved with don't have a policy on picking in certain rounds, or giving up certain rounds, if you keep 3 guys, you just keep 3 guys, and the draft still proceeds as normal with who is left and everyone drafting snake style...One guy in my keeper league has Peyton, Addai, & Moss, but he still starts picking from the 1st round depending on where he finished.

Now not all are run that way, some you have to give up your pick of what round you drafted a guy, so if yours is ran that way thats your decision, but I like to keep it simple, the idea of taking away certain rounds is too confusing and can be complicated at times.

703SKINS202
07-30-2008, 08:09 PM
My annual draft is monday. Got the third pick and I'm pretty sure it's gonna go LT, AP or if not AP Westbrook. My question is who do I take at 3? Not a keeper league and passing td's count as 6 so I'm thinking I have to take Brady at 3. Thoughts?

Caddy
07-30-2008, 08:34 PM
My annual draft is monday. Got the third pick and I'm pretty sure it's gonna go LT, AP or if not AP Westbrook. My question is who do I take at 3? Not a keeper league and passing td's count as 6 so I'm thinking I have to take Brady at 3. Thoughts?

Brady is going to go high this year but I'd still look to take one of the top 3 RB's and then nab your QB in the 2nd round/3rd round.

MetSox17
07-31-2008, 12:20 AM

I'd still go with Westbrook there at 3, and pray like hell that Tony Romo, Ben Roethlisberger or Derek Anderson (high TD totals) are there on the way back.

CJSchneider
07-31-2008, 12:41 AM
I always post a message in the yahoo leauges asking people to introduce themselves and tell what their favorite team is.
It is by no means fool proof, but can help give you some insight as to who they may pick. A lot of people are saying LT and AP are going to be the first two picks taken in 90% of the fantasy leauges. So that being said, if I had to draft a RB, 3rd Westbrook is fine - Im also sure Willie Parker will have more then 2 TD's this year. One trick I always like to pull off is match up a QB with a reciever (meaning see if you can get the two guys on the same team) It the TD and yards points double for the same score.

Shane P. Hallam
07-31-2008, 12:54 AM
Oof, do not touch Willie Parker this year. Coming off a huge injury, going to be a part of a committee now. I wouldn't take him until the end of the 2nd, early 3rd.

CJSchneider
07-31-2008, 08:08 AM
All true, I just think as far as fantasy points go, he will be at a higher value this year then he was last year. I got a little ahead of my self. Every leauge I've ever been in puts RB's on some crazy pedestal. I always do well by picking up a sleeper in a later round then diving in after the LT or AP of the draft.

Gay Ork Wang
07-31-2008, 09:14 AM
Id really go for Westbrook or AP even SJax. I wouldnt touch Brady and id pray that brees falls

703SKINS202
07-31-2008, 10:56 AM
Id really go for Westbrook or AP even SJax. I wouldnt touch Brady and id pray that brees falls

Why wouldn't you touch brady? Points wise I'm thinking he will throw atleast 40 tds and 4,000 yards which is 400 points minus some int's. A Rb will get on a good season 1800 yards all purpose and 15 tds which is only 270.

Gay Ork Wang
08-01-2008, 08:29 AM
I think that Brady will most likely get 35 TDs at most will qualify him as being one of the TOP QBs. Thats on the same level as basically all the other QBs. I think Peyton and Brees would have at least the same amount so it doesnt make sense drafting Brady if there are other guys who will get the same amount. With RBs, the gap between all of them is pretty large. I think Jbond had one thread about it, its not who scores the most points its about scoring more points than ur opponent

UKfan
08-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Kinda random question, but I am looking to set up a fantasy football league with some guys at work, but over in the UK and US, is it possible to have a draft or something where everyone doesn't have to be around at the same time?

HChu
08-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Kinda random question, but I am looking to set up a fantasy football league with some guys at work, but over in the UK and US, is it possible to have a draft or something where everyone doesn't have to be around at the same time?

I'm guessing your best option would just make a free forum, then have an offline draft.

UKfan
08-03-2008, 06:26 AM
I'm guessing your best option would just make a free forum, then have an offline draft.

Yeah that's what I was thinking as well, either that or just making sure everyone makes their rankings prior to a live draft, and then just whoever can make it can draft live.

eaglesfan_45
08-04-2008, 04:38 PM
I have Todd Heap and as all of you know he is injury prone as hell so I have to sign a FA TE here are my options-

Randy McMicheal TE St. Louis
Kevin Boss TE New York Giants
Marcedes Lewis TE Jacksonville
Dustin Keller TE New York Jets
Zach Miller TE Oakland

Who should I sign?

UKfan
08-04-2008, 04:43 PM
I'd say Boss or Miller, but Lewis could break out as well.

McMichael was a bust in fantasy last year for me.

703SKINS202
08-04-2008, 11:44 PM
Just had my draft today 12 team league. Was looking for people opinions on my team. I myself am very happy with my team, I had the 3rd pick.

Starters: Romo, AP(brian westbrook went 2!), Thomas Jones, TJ Housh, Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall(when off suspension), Witten, Raiders(just have a feeling they will get a lotta turnovers/td's), Shane Graham

Backups: Julius Jones, Chester Taylor, Derrick Mason, Issac Bruce, Bobby Engram

I made one trade. Jamal Lewis for Julius Jones and Tj Housh because I was lacking in wr and am high on Thomas Jones and Julius will provide good depth now that hes starting in Seattle.

CJSchneider
08-05-2008, 07:23 AM
I have Todd Heap and as all of you know he is injury prone as hell so I have to sign a FA TE here are my options-

Zach Miller TE Oakland

Who should I sign?

I'd say Boss or Keller.

Bills2083
08-05-2008, 08:50 AM

Zach Miller TE Oakland

Who should I sign?

I'd go with Boss/Keller/Miller

Geo
08-05-2008, 10:42 AM
I wouldn't overlook Miller. Unless the Raiders keep him in blocking all the time because of Kwame Harris at left tackle, I think he could very well be Russell's favored receiving option.

bsaza2358
08-05-2008, 10:50 AM
I actually like Lewis out of this group. I think he is the least heralded, but I also know that David Garrard takes care of the ball. The Jags haven't attacked down the middle of the field enough, and Lewis is in his third year as a pro. I have read that Lewis and Garrard have good rapport. I think he is a substantial red zone option.

That being said, I don't see a need to pick up a backup TE now. Wait until you're closer to a bye week or get an injury. These guys will be available.