PDA

View Full Version : Jamal Lewis GONE

ccB
02-28-2007, 03:06 PM
Please trade for Willis McGahee

Ravens1991
02-28-2007, 03:07 PM
yea I like Antonio Pittman I would not mind him or we could go in the next draft.

ccB
02-28-2007, 03:09 PM
Kenny Irons is the man for the job IMO (outside of Lynch and Peterson)

Ravens1991
02-28-2007, 03:16 PM
True I like Irons I wouldnt mind Hunt either what was Hunts 40 time?

EdReedUnstoppable
02-28-2007, 03:59 PM
Dont get too excited by this, Ozzie wants him back and Jamal wants to be back.

ccB
02-28-2007, 04:09 PM
Yeah they are gonna end up restructuring.

SeanTaylorRIP
02-28-2007, 04:09 PM
Misleading title huh?[smiley here]

ccB
02-28-2007, 04:10 PM
True I like Irons I wouldnt mind Hunt either what was Hunts 40 time?

Hunts waiting until his pro day to run.

SeanTaylorRIP
02-28-2007, 04:16 PM
Although he's the perfect fit and my #1 RB prospect for the team I think the Ravens front office will show little interest in Hunt as many other teams in the league will do because he's not a sexy pick.

Ravens1991
02-28-2007, 04:16 PM
Ok thanks, it wont surprise me if Jamal comes back.

diabsoule
02-28-2007, 04:29 PM
I guess this means that you guys will definitely try to go after a RB in the draft. I like someone like Michael Bush or Kenny Irons for the Ravens if they fall to your pick. If they don't, Antonio Pittman or Tony Hunt could be definite options.

Ravens1991
02-28-2007, 04:36 PM
I have Bush as my last RB prospect, out of those 4 you just listed.

BigDawg819
02-28-2007, 04:40 PM
Well like I said in the Pashos thread right now we have major holes on the offensive line so I don't see us being able to draft a Tony Hunt or a Kenny Irons. And as long as Jamal comes back cheap and ACTUALLY HITS THE DAMN HOLE WHEN HE RUNS I'm not against him coming back.

bmoreravens5289
02-28-2007, 06:17 PM
Jamal Lewis is gone....to be honest I hope he doesn't come back I don't think he is working for us.
A little off topic here but when did these forums change? This new look isn't cutting it...

niel89
02-28-2007, 06:20 PM
^ it changed a few days ago

there is still a good chance he comes back with a new deal.

i just dont know with jamal. he had that one year and he was hurt this whole last year.

Troj2man
02-28-2007, 07:00 PM
Although he's the perfect fit and my #1 RB prospect for the team I think the Ravens front office will show little interest in Hunt as many other teams in the league will do because he's not a sexy pick.

This is the Ravens we're talking about here. One of the best team when it comes to finding players that can play. I don't think they're worried about their pick being sexy. I agree about Hunt being the #1 RB prospect for the Ravens. I have Michael Bush as a close 2nd. I know many people are not fans of him, but I think he has what it takes to be a franchise RB.

niel89
02-28-2007, 07:07 PM
it doesn't matter what Rb we get the biggest thing we need to do is make sure our o-line can at least open up some holes.

Yung Flippa
02-28-2007, 07:13 PM
We Don't Need Jammal And Most people Don't Want Him Back Anyways
This Is My List
1. Tony Hunt
2. Kenny Irons
3. Michael Bush

Non-Draft RBs
1. Michael Turner (He Is On The Trading Block)
2. Willis McGahee (Doubt It Though)
3. Chris Brown (From Titans, He Said He Wants To Be Back With Steve McNair)

EdReedUnstoppable
02-28-2007, 07:18 PM
We Don't Need Jammal And Most people Don't Want Him Back Anyways
This Is My List
1. Tony Hunt
2. Kenny Irons
3. Michael Bush

Non-Draft RBs
1. Michael Turner (He Is On The Trading Block)
2. Willis McGahee (Doubt It Though)
3. Chris Brown (From Titans, He Said He Wants To Be Back With Steve McNair)

What we want and think means nothing to Ozzie and the Ravens, for some reason they really believe Jamal still has something left, and Im hesitant to ever go against what Ozzie thinks.

niel89
02-28-2007, 07:19 PM
im betting we get chris brown. as some one else said "the ravens are where old titans go out to pasture."

EdReedUnstoppable
02-28-2007, 07:20 PM
im betting we get chris brown. as some one else said "the ravens are where old titans go out to pasture."

That needs to stop though, as you know HATE one of the guys we got from them and the other isnt far off my HATE list, they come here and bring that losing/can't win the big one mentality with them.

niel89
02-28-2007, 08:06 PM
That needs to stop though, as you know HATE one of the guys we got from them and the other isnt far off my HATE list, they come here and bring that losing/can't win the big one mentality with them.

would this player be full of 'air'? all puffed up by reputation?

EdReedUnstoppable
02-28-2007, 08:14 PM
would this player be full of 'air'? all puffed up by reputation?

The first one that I really hate is. And the one who is tip toeing the line of the hate list has a nickname that sounds like a substance that burns very badly when sprayed into your eyes.

BigDawg819
02-28-2007, 09:14 PM
First of all enough with the Michael Turner talk. No way we should trade a day 1 pick for him not to mention what has he done to merit any consideration. He is no better then Matt Schaub who hasn't done anything great either. In Ozzie I trust....

JoeMontainya
02-28-2007, 09:17 PM
Ravens | Team interested in re-signing J. Lewis
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 18:27:33 -0800

BaltimoreRavens.com reports Baltimore Ravens general manager and executive vice president Ozzie Newsome said he would like to re-sign recently released RB Jamal Lewis. Newsome said, "We are involved in negotiations with Jamal, and there has been good dialogue. Jamal has been a significant contributor to us in the last seven seasons. It's our hope to have him back with the Ravens."

I am willing to bet he will still be your RB next year.

BigDawg819
02-28-2007, 09:44 PM
Ravens | Team interested in re-signing J. Lewis
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 18:27:33 -0800

BaltimoreRavens.com reports Baltimore Ravens general manager and executive vice president Ozzie Newsome said he would like to re-sign recently released RB Jamal Lewis. Newsome said, "We are involved in negotiations with Jamal, and there has been good dialogue. Jamal has been a significant contributor to us in the last seven seasons. It's our hope to have him back with the Ravens."

I am willing to bet he will still be your RB next year.

There's no doubt he will our back this year, but hey people can dream can't they? I personally am in favor of bringing him back but under three conditions:

1. HE ACTUALLY HITS THE DAMN HOLE AND RUNS LIKE HE DID EARLY IN HIS CAREER

2. Cap friendly contract

3. The offensive scheme will actually utilize him and Mike Anderson

With that said I'm still not opposed to drafting a Tony Hunt or a Kenny Irons in the 2nd round or possibly the 3rd depending on how things go.

America
02-28-2007, 10:17 PM
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we'll target a RB in the draft. Hopefully Daniels does something.

niel89
02-28-2007, 10:50 PM
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we'll target a RB in the draft. Hopefully Daniels does something.

i was reading in the sun that we did talk to Bush and Irons at the combine. so its possible

dcarey20
02-28-2007, 10:51 PM
Please trade for Willis McGahee

amen brotha

Ravens1991
03-01-2007, 03:09 PM
if they would accept our 3rd I am down for that, Willis has pro bowl potential, I was a fan of is ever since he destroyed college football. I think veterans from the U could keep him in line if his attitude gets out of hand.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-01-2007, 05:46 PM
I dont want McGahee always thought he was overrated, Id rather trade for TJ or draft Antonio Pittman.

Troj2man
03-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Stay as far away from McGahee as possible! The guys nothing but a cancerous, selfish football player. He's not a team player and has an inflated view on himself. There have been a number of stories out of Buffalo about how out there this guy is.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-01-2007, 06:54 PM
Stay as far away from McGahee as possible! The guys nothing but a cancerous, selfish football player. He's not a team player and has an inflated view on himself. There have been a number of stories out of Buffalo about how out there this guy is.

All guys from the U are like this no different from Portis and with Ray who he looks up to here he won't screw up, and I haven't heard these stories, and playing for the Bills I'm sure he's mistreated.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-01-2007, 06:59 PM
I just dont want Willis cause I dont think he's any good, I havent heard of these off field problems either though.

niel89
03-01-2007, 07:02 PM
All guys from the U are like this no different from Portis and with Ray who he looks up to here he won't screw up, and I haven't heard these stories, and playing for the Bills I'm sure he's mistreated.

yeah the players from the U all have that Swagger.

Troj2man
03-02-2007, 12:04 AM
The stories about McGahee are true. He's a problem in the locker room. At least in Buffalo he is. That's why the Bills want him out of there. Being a bad teammate isn't the only reason to stay away from McGahee. His numbers just are not that good. We could get a better player for less money.

BigDawg819
03-02-2007, 12:17 AM
The stories about McGahee are true. He's a problem in the locker room. At least in Buffalo he is. That's why the Bills want him out of there. Being a bad teammate isn't the only reason to stay away from McGahee. His numbers just are not that good. We could get a better player for less money.

I am neutral on the subject of McGahee, either way I think we will be fine at running back. Besides any problems would go away with the veteran leadership in the locker room and the fellow "U" members on the team.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Although there is a chance that the Ravens could sign one player today, this has the makings of an unusually slow start of free agency, which creates an uncertain future for their free agents. The Ravens' first move probably will be to fill the void at running back, where Jamal Lewis remains the front-runner.
-- Baltimore Sun

Bohleive
03-02-2007, 03:45 PM
Although there is a chance that the Ravens could sign one player today, this has the makings of an unusually slow start of free agency, which creates an uncertain future for their free agents. The Ravens' first move probably will be to fill the void at running back, where Jamal Lewis remains the front-runner.
-- Baltimore Sun
First off, let Jamal walk already, the guy has shown three years straight that he's a 3 ypc back now, we don't need that with Mike Anderson already on the roster. Second, when have the Ravens ever gotten off to a fast start in FA? This is just more evidence that the Sun's sports reporting is a joke.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-06-2007, 01:51 PM
Ok looks like Jamal is officially gone, you all got your wishes. I'll take him off my sig now.

niel89
03-06-2007, 04:20 PM
^its not official yet.

im in favor of willis over jamal though

BigDawg819
03-07-2007, 07:45 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2791313

Jamal's a Brown so its an end of an era.....