PDA

View Full Version : Country Draft Semi-Finals: Sniper vs. Badger

Sniper
06-30-2008, 10:51 AM
This is the semi-final round of the Country Music Draft. Please vote for the overall team you like better, not just one or two singers.

Sniper's Squad

Willie Nelson
Tim McGraw
Faith Hill
Jason Aldean
Joe Nichols
George Jones
Trace Adkins
Dwight Yoakam

Badgerbacker's Squad

Kenny Chesney
Montgomery Gentry
Carrie Underwood
Josh Turner
Alabama
Big & Rich
Phil Vassar
Jimmy Buffett

Sniper
06-30-2008, 10:55 AM
Sorry it took so long to make these. I'm in Guadalajara, Mexico for 6 weeks to study and we took a three day trip to Guanajuato, and Internet wasn't the most important thing on my mind. Thanks for your patience.

eaglesalltheway
06-30-2008, 12:07 PM
This was REALLY CLOSE but I went with Badger, even though I really like Snipers squad. Josh Turner, Big & Rich, and Phil Vassar just barely sway it to Badger IMO.

Sniper
06-30-2008, 06:58 PM
Bumping this to the top.

eaglesalltheway
06-30-2008, 08:28 PM
Wow, b oth of these are really close.

badgerbacker
06-30-2008, 08:33 PM
My personal preferences for current listening...

Willie Nelson < Kenny Chesney
Tim McGraw > Montgomery Gentry
Faith Hill < Carrie Underwood
Jason Aldean < Josh Turner
Joe Nichols < Alabama
George Jones < Big & Rich
Trace Adkins > Phil Vassar
Dwight Yoakam < Jimmy Buffett

Obviously my views are biased but I (surprise again) give myself the edge. Nearly every round was extremely close though.

Edit: Again, I feel I should explain my rankings were more on my current listening, not necessarily who has the most decorated past.

eaglesalltheway
06-30-2008, 08:53 PM
To be honest my feelinga are the same for the most part. All is the same except
McGraw=Montgomery Gentry
and
Nichols>Alabama
I really have never been a big Alabama fan, I don't know why. Don't get me worng, I like them ,but I prefer Nichols over them.

Sniper
07-01-2008, 09:50 PM
I'm bumping this **** up

Sniper
07-01-2008, 09:52 PM
McGraw=Montgomery Gentry

********. McGraw wins that one and it's not even close. I like Montgomery Gentry, but MG is AAA compared to McGraw being the Show.

MetSox17
07-01-2008, 10:57 PM
********. McGraw wins that one and it's not even close. I like Montgomery Gentry, but MG is AAA compared to McGraw being the Show.

Completely agree.. Tim McGraw is in another league when compared to Montgomery Gentry. Not even close

eaglesalltheway
07-02-2008, 03:02 PM
I was going by my personal preference, like Badger, but I agree with what you guys are saying too. I know that McGraw is in another league, its just that I am actually a bigger fan of Montgomery Gentry than most, just as much as Tim McGraw, even though they don't have nearly as many hits or the career he has had. I just so happens that I am an equal fan of Montgomery Gentry and Tim McGraw.

Sniper
07-02-2008, 04:05 PM
My bad. I thought you meant MG was better than Tim McGraw in terms of popularity and such.

Sniper
07-02-2008, 07:45 PM
Bump this baby up

MetSox17
07-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Well i missed the part where this was supposed to be a popularity contest over a talent and success contest.

rukster
07-02-2008, 10:58 PM
Badger's squad is WAY too stacked. Montgomery Gentry, Alabama, Jimmy Buffet and Big and Rich sealed it for me.

Still pretty good all along.

eaglesalltheway
07-03-2008, 06:36 AM
My bad. I thought you meant MG was better than Tim McGraw in terms of popularity and such.

Its cool. I thought it was funny how both you and metsox collectively stroked out because you guys thought I sadi Montgomery Gentry was better than Tim McGraw. ITs not even what I meant though, I like them equally. I need to be less vague on my posts sometimes. Its funny, I either say waaay to much or not nearly enough.