PDA

View Full Version : Country Draft Semi-Finals: MetSox vs. EATW

Sniper
06-30-2008, 10:53 AM
This is the semi-final round of the Country Music Draft. Please vote for the overall team you like better, not just one or two singers.

Metsox's Roster
1. George Strait
2. Toby Keith
3. Brooks & Dunn
4. Sania Twain
5. Dixie Chicks
6. Rascall Flatts
7. Patty Loveless
8. Sheryl Crow

Eaglesalltheway's Country Music Team.
1. Garth Brooks
2. Brad Paisley
3. Dierks Bentley
4. Taylor Swift
5. Blake Shelton
6. Gary Allan
7. John Michael Montgomery
8. Kid Rock

Sniper
06-30-2008, 10:54 AM
Sorry it took so long to make these. I'm in Guadalajara, Mexico for 6 weeks to study and we took a three day trip to Guanajuato, and Internet wasn't the most important thing on my mind. Thanks for your patience.

eaglesalltheway
06-30-2008, 12:09 PM
This was close for me, and Metsox has my second favorite team on here, but I just like my team a little bit more, though just like the other matchup, it is very close. IMO the winner of this whole thing will come from this matchup.

eaglesalltheway
06-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Metsox, I just realized somehting, our last picks sang together in probably their most popular country songs for either of them.

eaglesalltheway
06-30-2008, 04:41 PM
Here's how I see the matchups
Garth Brooks>(just barely)George Strait
Brad Paisley>Toby Keith
Dierks Bentley<Brooks & Dunn
Taylor Swift<Shania Twain
Blake Shelton<Dixie Chicks
Gary Allan<Rascal Flatts
John Michael Montgomery>Patty Loveless
Kid Rock>Sheryl Crow
I see it as even at 4 a piece, its just a matter of opinion for me though. Either way, real close, and its showing in the poll.

Sniper
06-30-2008, 06:58 PM
Bumping this to the top.

MetSox17
07-01-2008, 02:19 AM
Here's how I see the matchups
Garth Brooks>(just barely)George Strait
Brad Paisley>Toby Keith
Dierks Bentley<Brooks & Dunn
Taylor Swift<Shania Twain
Blake Shelton<Dixie Chicks
Gary Allan<Rascal Flatts
John Michael Montgomery>Patty Loveless
Kid Rock>Sheryl Crow
I see it as even at 4 a piece, its just a matter of opinion for me though. Either way, real close, and its showing in the poll.

How can you even judge Garth Brooks vs George Strait? Garth Brooks sold a lot of albums, granted, but Fifty Six Number one singles!!! How can anyone compete with that? 60 million albums sold, just in the United States. 12 Multi Platinum, 22 Platinum, and 4 gold albums!

Toby Keith is easily over Brad Paisley right now. Way more success and popularity, great music. If Paisley keeps up what he's doing, he'll win easily, but that's five years from now.

I'd hardly call Kid Rock successful as a country music artist.

9 grammy awards > whatever Kid Rock has done

eaglesalltheway
07-01-2008, 06:16 AM
How can you even judge Garth Brooks vs George Strait? Garth Brooks sold a lot of albums, granted, but Fifty Six Number one singles!!! How can anyone compete with that? 60 million albums sold, just in the United States. 12 Multi Platinum, 22 Platinum, and 4 gold albums!

Toby Keith is easily over Brad Paisley right now. Way more success and popularity, great music. If Paisley keeps up what he's doing, he'll win easily, but that's five years from now.

I'd hardly call Kid Rock successful as a country music artist.

9 grammy awards > whatever Kid Rock has done

Toby Keith and Brad Paisley are close. Paisley's been doing nothing but churning out hits his whole career, especially in his last two albums, and you can definitley say that his last two albums have been more successful than Keith's. Oh and by the way, when I pmed you my big board for that pick, I remember a certain thing about you saying something like," Damn you, I wanted Brad Paisley! "
The same could be said for Sheryl Crow that you said about Kid Rock. The both of them combined have only one popular country song, but the key word there is popular. That is the only country song I've heard her sing. Kid Rock has put a lot of country songs in his albums, they just never make it over to this genre mainstream because of who he is. You hear more country singers talk about him (artists like Big &Rich and Gretchen Wilson) than Sheryl Crow, and there is a reason for that. I'm ot going on awards here, as you can tell, I went by people I liked that everyone else would like as well.
Edit, and how many of those Grammys were in country music?

Sniper
07-01-2008, 09:52 PM
I'm bumping this **** to the top

Sniper
07-02-2008, 07:45 PM
Bump this baby up

rukster
07-02-2008, 10:59 PM
This on is ALOT closer than the other one. Really.

But the sealer was Patty Loveless. It really was. I dont care, I could listen to her at any time of the day. Shackels and Chains, Jealous Bone, That Kind of Girl and on...oh man. And toby Keith, this is pretty good. Both teams are good.