PDA

View Full Version : Tony Pashos GONE

ccB
02-28-2007, 03:07 PM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-ravens228,0,156426.story?coll=bal-sports-football

Ravens1991
02-28-2007, 03:12 PM
wow that is crazy.

YouNeverKnow
02-28-2007, 03:25 PM
Not exactly surprising but I would have liked to retain him, but he's gonna command to much money for us. I wonder who we will get to replace him.

Ravens1991
02-28-2007, 03:28 PM
Jon Ogden? I think that would help out the o-line the most. Or maybe Leonard Davis will come here for less pay but I dought it.

YouNeverKnow
02-28-2007, 03:48 PM
I think JO would be a dominating RT but he is contemplating retirement and is not going to come back and try to learn a completely new position. I'm pretty sure its either LT or bust for JO these days.

I see Davis going to the highest bidder and thats not going to be us. He would be a decent RT but from what I've seen he is suited best for a guard position.

BigDawg819
02-28-2007, 04:26 PM
What is going on in Owings Mills? AD leaving I think we all saw that coming, the Jamal Lewis situation I think we all knew he was getting cut but will be coming back, but Pashos leaving? What in the blue hell is going on? I haven't seen any roster moves to give us some cap relief other then the Lewis cut and now we are facing major holes in the offensive line leading up to the draft. Welcome to the Patriots system gents, now lets hope the titles start rolling in...

Ravens1991
02-28-2007, 04:34 PM
Possibly Adam Terry can play RT that we dont know about.

niel89
02-28-2007, 06:25 PM
i think it is a signifigant loss. he did play well this year and our o-line was really good in pass pro.

we should look at at a guy like Sears in the draft can play tackle or move inside and play guard. that way he can atleast be an option at RT. i dont really know how good he is, i just know he is an in betweener

bmoreravens5289
02-28-2007, 06:30 PM
I think we should look at o-lineman that are great runblockers. There just weren't many holes for Jamal last season.

Bohleive
02-28-2007, 06:30 PM
What is going on in Owings Mills? AD leaving I think we all saw that coming, the Jamal Lewis situation I think we all knew he was getting cut but will be coming back, but Pashos leaving? What in the blue hell is going on? I haven't seen any roster moves to give us some cap relief other then the Lewis cut and now we are facing major holes in the offensive line leading up to the draft. Welcome to the Patriots system gents, now lets hope the titles start rolling in...
I think your question is answered right in the article:
Rick Smith, the agent for Pashos. "He is in the same situation as Adalius Thomas. Based on the Ravens' cap situation and the expected interest in the market, they would have to restructure or cut guys. And they have a good foundation there."
One, Pashos' agent said it, not the Ravens, and two he is projecting the market for his client as being very good, I wonder why? This could be a bargaining ploy. Even if it is not, like the man said, we're not going to blow up our roster over Pashos.

Troj2man
02-28-2007, 06:56 PM
I think Pashos and his agent may already have a verbal agreement set in place with another team. Instead of leading us on, they told Ozzie about the deal to see if we could match. Obviously we can't, so he's on his way out.

I see Pashos being another Kemoeatu or Weaver. Someone is going to overpay big time and Pashos will continue his average play. Sure this seems like a big loss now, but Ozzie and co. have a plan. Their track record speaks for itself. We'll move on and take care of business.

EdReedUnstoppable
02-28-2007, 07:03 PM
I dont care about this loss at all, he is average at best and wants to be paid like a top RT and he is nowhere near worth it. Joe Staley is gonna be better anyhow! :)

niel89
02-28-2007, 07:06 PM
I dont care about this loss at all, he is average at best and wants to be paid like a top RT and he is nowhere near worth it. Joe Staley is gonna be better anyhow! :)

Joe Staley? Im in!

EdReedUnstoppable
02-28-2007, 07:16 PM
1st rd pick....Ive been secretly driving this bandwagon for a while now!

niel89
02-28-2007, 07:26 PM
im on it now

EdReedUnstoppable
02-28-2007, 07:28 PM
Good to know buddy, I need a co-pilot!

EdReedUnstoppable
02-28-2007, 07:29 PM
And just think after this upcoming season if Ogden doesnt retire now he will then, and we'll have Staley on the right and Terry on the left that EXCITES ME MORE THAN HAVING A 6'6 WR WITH NO HANDS!!!!!! AND ITS HARD TO GET ME MORE EXCITED THAT A 6'6 WR WITH NO HANDS GETS ME!!!!

ccB
02-28-2007, 07:32 PM
Maybe we should just take Tony Ugoh.

EdReedUnstoppable
02-28-2007, 07:35 PM
Maybe we should just take Tony Ugoh.

No, Joe Staley is better!

niel89
02-28-2007, 08:09 PM
And just think after this upcoming season if Ogden doesnt retire now he will then, and we'll have Staley on the right and Terry on the left that EXCITES ME MORE THAN HAVING A 6'6 WR WITH NO HANDS!!!!!! AND ITS HARD TO GET ME MORE EXCITED THAT A 6'6 WR WITH NO HANDS GETS ME!!!!

pshhh Clarence moore has the best hands in the world, hes just saving them by only catching 2 balls a year. i blame the coaches for not using those 2 catches more wisely

EdReedUnstoppable
02-28-2007, 08:15 PM
pshhh Clarence moore has the best hands in the world, hes just saving them by only catching 2 balls a year. i blame the coaches for not using those 2 catches more wisely

Im with you, both should have been for TDs I mean for christsake he's 6'6.

niel89
02-28-2007, 08:26 PM
6' 6" and 1(yards) and 1(tds)

BigDawg819
02-28-2007, 09:08 PM
I'm 6'6" and no catches, does that mean I'm half as good as Clarence?

YouNeverKnow
02-28-2007, 10:03 PM

Yeah! Billick should have saved his two catches for touchdowns in the Colts game. That's where our offense went, it was all used up.

America
02-28-2007, 10:18 PM
I think its a pretty big loss. We have no one to replace him. JO will not play there. To the draft it shall be unless Terry somehow becomes a good RT.

Bohleive
03-01-2007, 09:28 AM
I think Pashos and his agent may already have a verbal agreement set in place with another team.

If they've done this, they've broken league rules. Players are not allowed to even discuss such matters with other teams before free agency, it's tampering. I'm telling you all right now, don't buy too much into this. Pashos' agent is trying to stir up the market and generate interest, and ultimately he's trying to drive up Pahsos' cost. It's his job. Maybe Pashos is not coming back but until I hear something from the Ravens, I won't believe that it is a certainty.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-01-2007, 12:53 PM
If they've done this, they've broken league rules. Players are not allowed to even discuss such matters with other teams before free agency, it's tampering. I'm telling you all right now, don't buy too much into this. Pashos' agent is trying to stir up the market and generate interest, and ultimately he's trying to drive up Pahsos' cost. It's his job. Maybe Pashos is not coming back but until I hear something from the Ravens, I won't believe that it is a certainty.

Players and teams do it all the time, and there is no way to prove it so they never get caught.

Bohleive
03-01-2007, 01:13 PM
Players and teams do it all the time, and there is no way to prove it so they never get caught.

There are ways to prove it. It's like proving someone broke a restraining order or something, people know how to prosecute the issue. Teams would have a vested interest in making sure that their player do not do this, just like the ravens with Pashos. Though, I can see your point, it's likely pretty difficult to catch someone. It is also true that I've never seen someone actually get in trouble for it.

BigDawg819
03-01-2007, 01:41 PM
I believe that recently, albeit it in the last 5 years, there was tampering between the Patriots and the Jets regarding Belicheck and I believe the Jets actually got a draft pick as a result of the tampering. I could be wrong but I believe that this was a tampering that was caught. Besides no offense to Pashos but why would you risk losing draft picks or whatever to talk early with him?

EdReedUnstoppable
03-01-2007, 05:43 PM
I'm not cryin over this loss at all, I don't find it to be a big loss.......sorry to any of you who were Pashos fans.

Troj2man
03-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Tampering happens all the time in the NFL. GM's have relationships with agents and believe me, they talk. An agent will let a GM know if they think their player will be a good fit for that team. GM's are not allowed to talk to potential free agents, but the agent that is representing the potential free agent has other clients on the teams interested.

niel89
03-01-2007, 06:29 PM
I'm not cryin over this loss at all, I don't find it to be a big loss.......sorry to any of you who were Pashos fans.

im nessisarily a pashos fan, i just thought he was playing solid before and now we have a spot to fill.

The Unseen
03-02-2007, 10:39 AM
The Jaguars signed Tony Pashos. Could you guys let me know what you think of him? Strengths, weaknesses, that stuff.

BigDawg819
03-02-2007, 10:44 AM
The Jaguars signed Tony Pashos. Could you guys let me know what you think of him? Strengths, weaknesses, that stuff.

Big guy who has come on strong since mid 2005 to the present. Was a mainly run blocker in college but anchored the right side of our line this past season which yielded the least amount of sacks in Ravens history. He's amount to enter his prime it would seem but one must worry about the history of players that leave the Ravens for money? Its not usually a good thing for the player or the franchise other then them getting paid...

Bohleive
03-02-2007, 10:54 AM
Sh*t. So much for that. He's a solid pass blocker and an average run blocker. Basically a solid all around player. I'm mostly pissed off about losing him because we'll either have to spend a draft pick to replace him with a rookie (never good on a team looking to win now) or overpay for someone worse than him.

BigDawg819
03-02-2007, 11:08 AM
Sh*t. So much for that. He's a solid pass blocker and an average run blocker. Basically a solid all around player. I'm mostly pissed off about losing him because we'll either have to spend a draft pick to replace him with a rookie (never good on a team looking to win now) or overpay for someone worse than him.

Keep the faith man! We've talked about Marc Columbo or worst case we draft Tony Ugoh...either way its all gravy! :D

ccB
03-02-2007, 11:56 AM

Last year was his only year as a starter. He was decent at best, isnt great, doesnt suck.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-02-2007, 01:23 PM
You dont want me to tell you about Pashos Unseen, cause Ill tell ya he is a 6'6 320 block of s**t, he had one decent year this past year, but he's never been anything special and he definitely isnt worth $24 mil with $9 mil to sign.

Bohleive
03-02-2007, 01:29 PM
he definitely isnt worth $24 mil with $9 mil to sign.

That much is definitely true, but such is life in the NFL with free agency.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-02-2007, 01:31 PM
That much is definitely true, but such is life in the NFL with free agency.

I rather draft a rookie late in rd 1 (Joe Staley) and pay him less to do a better job than Pashos, plus it makes us better in the future too!