PDA

View Full Version : Trading Moss

RaiderNation
02-28-2007, 04:17 PM
on espn's Around the Horn they reported greenbay and new england are interested in randy moss. they said probably a 2nd round pick is what the raiders want...this is very good news :)

Merlin
02-28-2007, 04:19 PM
on espn's Around the Horn they reported greenbay and new england are interested in randy moss. they said probably a 2nd round pick is what the raiders want...this is very good news :)

Unless your a Bucs fan, like myself!

raidersfanxxx
02-28-2007, 04:20 PM
if we got greenbays 2nd i would be stoked

RaiderNation
02-28-2007, 04:30 PM

same here. or 3rd and a Olinemen

Boston
02-28-2007, 04:31 PM

Won't happen. I can see a third and maybe Barry, or a mediocre WR.

RaiderNation
02-28-2007, 04:34 PM
just talked about on PTI too. said green bay would take moss if he restructures his contract.

RaiderNation
02-28-2007, 05:10 PM
now on sportcenter they said raiders are eager to get rid of him. said it is really up to al davis if he wants to get rid of him. john clayton said most likely a 3rd and a player. there scout guy scott mcshay said if moss is gone CJ would probably be our pick but dont rule out russell. with cj running in the 4.3's this could have made davis fall in love with him and decide moss should be gone so he can get him

Windy
02-28-2007, 05:35 PM
RUMORS FLY OF RODGERS FOR MOSS

Word has reached PFT world headquarters of a rumored trade that would send Oakland Raiders receiver Randy Moss to the Green Bay Packers for quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

We're told that the Raiders want a first-round pick for Moss, and that the Packers have countered with an offer of Rodgers, who was Green Bay's first round pick in the 2005 draft.

Stay tuned. Though we never would have imagined that Moss and Packers quarterback Brett Favre could coexist, it looks like this one could indeed be going down.

ProFootballTalk.com

RaiderNation
02-28-2007, 05:38 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=571398

The Oakland Raiders are trying to dump Randy Moss and the Green Bay Packers definitely are interested if the former all-pro wide receiver would agree to a restructured contact in order to play with a better team and Brett Favre.

Sources close to the situation said the Packers had explored trading for Moss, the temperamental former Minnesota Viking who once pretended to moon the crowd at Lambeau Field.

The two teams have had preliminary dialogue but at this point the Packers consider Moss to be an economically unfeasible solution to their need for another receiver alongside Donald Driver and Greg Jennings.

Moss has two years left on his contract, including base salaries of $9.75 million in 2007 and $11.25 million in '08. Moss' business agent is Tim DiPiero, but some of his affairs are handled by James "Bus" Cook, the only agent Favre has ever had. Mindful of tampering rules, general manager Ted Thompson and Packers coach Mike McCarthy have carefully avoided talking about Moss. Yet, neither has denied interest in him, either.

"You have the opportunity to obtain players for your program through the draft and free agency, and he's another part of free agency," McCarthy said last week. "That's where I stand on that."

The trading period opens Friday. New England and Jacksonville reportedly also are interested in Moss.

Several Raiders sources at the NFL combine indicated that Moss wasn't expected back in '07.

"Moss quit on us last year," one Raiders employee said. "My feeling is he wants to go someplace where they can win. He knows he only has X number of years left and he's never, ever won at any level."

The Raiders were last in just about everything in 2006 and are starting over with a novice head coach, Lane Kiffin, and what might be a rookie quarterback, JaMarcus Russell.

It can be safely assumed that owner Al Davis will start out seeking a first-round draft choice for Moss, who cost the Raiders the seventh overall pick in the 2005 draft and linebacker Napoleon Harris to obtain him from the Vikings just more than two years ago. But, in reality, the Raiders have almost no hope of getting one.

Moss is viewed by many in the league as a declining player, having turned 30 earlier in the month and coming off his poorest season. And with new NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell gung-ho about cracking down on poor behavior by players, some teams say they wouldn't touch Moss.

"I don't think that works," a personnel director for an AFC team said. "I'd develop other guys. You don't want him. It will be a big story. The story will be him, not your team."
There are general managers who wouldn't even consider adding Moss or any player regardless of ability if his character is questionable. But Thompson, who last September signed wide receiver Koren Robinson when he had one foot out of the league for off-field issues, isn't one of them.

Scouts also left the RCA Dome on Sunday afternoon enthusiastically endorsing the number of big, talented wide receivers in the draft.

Kiffin and the Raiders already have made up with wide receiver Jerry Porter, who will be back wearing Tim Brown's old jersey number (81). Ronald Curry led the team with 62 receptions last season and also should return.

Over the years, Davis has relished putting one over on teams in trades, but with Moss he might well end up just taking what he can get.

"I think he's got second-round value but I don't know if anybody would give a two," another AFC personnel director said. "I think clubs will know he's not happy there and he wants to move on. They'll wait it out and say, 'We'll get him at our number.' A three, a four, maybe with conditions."

McCarthy has indicated in the past month that he is in on board with Thompson's philosophy of accumulating picks and building through the draft. He's also well aware what a motivated Moss might mean for an offense that has a receiving void at tight end and little depth at wide receiver.

"You watch the tapes, he can still make you pay if you screw up," said Frank Bush, senior defensive assistant for the Houston Texans. "If he can just have an open area to run, if you don't press him and do some things to screw the route up, when he starts going he can still run and make a big play."

Last season, a Raiders source said Moss didn't like quarterback Aaron Brooks from Day 1 and at one point asked to be traded. When the trade didn't happen, Moss basically went through the motions.

"When we didn't trade him he was like a little kid who threw a tantrum when his parents wouldn't give him something," the source said. "So his tantrum was dropping passes."

According to STATS, Moss dropped eight of 97 targeted throws, or 8.5%. In his three previous seasons he dropped just 14 of 381, or 3.7%. He sat out the final three games with an ankle injury of disputed severity.

"Unfortunately for Randy, it's everybody else's fault except his," said Carl Peterson, president of the Kansas City Chiefs. "I thought Art (Shell) really tried to work hard this year to make him a leader, but that's not his personality.

"He's never done anything to hurt the Chiefs."

Carefully emphasizing his choice of tense, Peterson added, "He was a great talent. You can't play at that (current) level for a while and come back."
Some but not all Raiders employees say Moss has lost a step since his halcyon days in Minnesota, when almost no cornerback in the league could run with him. He didn't participate in the Raiders' off-season program and hasn't always taken good care of his body.

His longest reception in 2006 was 51 yards, when he tied for 78th in the NFL with 42 receptions and ranked 73rd in receiving yards with 553. He scored three touchdowns, giving him 101 in eight seasons, and averaged 13.2 per catch.

"He's a one-dimensional guy who has kind of gone downhill," said a secondary coach for an Oakland foe in '06. "He's going to try to take you deep but he doesn't finish plays. You know when he's going to get the ball just by the way he comes off the line of scrimmage."

His lackadaisical effort as a secondary receiver and blocker was brought up by four defensive coaches for teams that faced Moss last year.

"He still has the ability," Cincinnati defensive coordinator Chuck Bresnahan said. "It's just a question whether he will lay it on the line for you and buy into it."

An executive for an AFC West team has major reservations if Moss' heart still is in football.

"Does he have the desire to do the types of things he did with (Daunte) Culpepper and Denny Green?" the personnel man said. "Does he really still want to play, or is he in it for the money?"

The Raiders say Moss does have a strong mercenary side to him. One of their employees described him as "mischievous" and "playful," but not loud or disruptive.

"He's been allowed to get away with things in life so he will push you as far as he can possibly push you," one of the Raiders said. "On our team there was nobody to play the role of a player Randy respected.

"If he had respect for Brett, then he could bust his tail for him."

GB12
02-28-2007, 05:41 PM
RUMORS FLY OF RODGERS FOR MOSS

Word has reached PFT world headquarters of a rumored trade that would send Oakland Raiders receiver Randy Moss to the Green Bay Packers for quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

We're told that the Raiders want a first-round pick for Moss, and that the Packers have countered with an offer of Rodgers, who was Green Bay's first round pick in the 2005 draft.

Stay tuned. Though we never would have imagined that Moss and Packers quarterback Brett Favre could coexist, it looks like this one could indeed be going down.

ProFootballTalk.com

Sarf told me about that. Yeah, I don't believe it. I want Moss, but it would be extremely stupid to trade Rodgers for him. I can't see TT doing that either. I wan't Moss and would do anything within reason to get him, but they are asking too much.

Komp
02-28-2007, 05:54 PM
That is funny b/c I think Moss is worth way more than Rodgers. This is mainly b/c I think Aaron Rodgers is about as valuable as a 3rd string QB. Give me a 3rd rd pick and a decent OG and you can have Moss, but I want no part of Aaron Rodgers.

RaiderNation
02-28-2007, 06:09 PM
That is funny b/c I think Moss is worth way more than Rodgers. This is mainly b/c I think Aaron Rodgers is about as valuable as a 3rd string QB. Give me a 3rd rd pick and a decent OG and you can have Moss, but I want no part of Aaron Rodgers.

i have to agree with you. rodgers hasnt done anything to prove to be worth a 2nd/3rd round pick.
a 3rd rounder and jason slitz would be nice
http://www.packers.com/team/players/spitz_jason/
hes young and has good upside. could play OG or C

GB12
02-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Wow you guys are putting too much value on Moss. Spitz and a third! I wouldn't trade just Spitz.

RaiderNation
02-28-2007, 06:21 PM
Wow you guys are putting too much value on Moss. Spitz and a third! I wouldn't trade just Spitz.

u are going to have to add an alright olinemen to get moss imo. or just ur 2nd for him.

Windy
02-28-2007, 06:22 PM
yea no way would we get spitz. maybe in madden. if a deal was to go down it would most likely include draft picks.

GB12
02-28-2007, 06:29 PM
u are going to have to add an alright olinemen to get moss imo. or just ur 2nd for him.

That would be fine, but not Spitz. You are probably just unaware of what he did but there is no way we give him up. Kevin Barry is expandable to us, and he could be an option.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-28-2007, 06:45 PM
I would love for his to happen but I dont think it will happen.If we trade Moss for him we will probably need to trade a 3rd rounder as well.

bucksavage
02-28-2007, 06:56 PM
We gave up a starting linebacker and a high 1st round pick for Moss. Unless Davis gets a good offer for Moss he is going nowhere. My opinion it doesnt happen

Boston
02-28-2007, 07:50 PM
We gave up a starting linebacker and a high 1st round pick for Moss. Unless Davis gets a good offer for Moss he is going nowhere. My opinion it doesnt happen

How many years ago was that? That was when Moss was, well, Moss. Why would the packers trade a first for him, after coming off a dismal year, to say the least. You are putting way too much stock in him right now. Why sit a guy that will probably end up being a locker room cancer when you can trade him, and get at least a third rounder.

Boston
02-28-2007, 07:52 PM
That would be fine, but not Spitz. You are probably just unaware of what he did but there is no way we give him up. Kevin Barry is expandable to us, and he could be an option.

Other than Barry, i really don't see any other option that the packers would be willing to trade along the o-line. Depth seems to already be an issue.

PACKmanN
02-28-2007, 08:02 PM
heres somethings u guys dont know about Ted Thompson

1. he will not trade the players he drafted.
2. he will not trade any of his draft picks.
3. he will cut/trade players that Mike Sherman drafted.

So dont except a trade to happen anytime soon ontill TT can see the talent there will be avaible in the 3rd round when we pick.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-28-2007, 08:05 PM
I would trade a 3rd and Moss for Rodgers.

RaiderNation
02-28-2007, 08:14 PM
I would trade a 3rd and Moss for Rodgers.

wow. way overpriced, i think u ment moss for rodgers and there 3rd

GB12
02-28-2007, 08:17 PM
wow. way overpriced, i think u ment moss for rodgers and there 3rd

Are you kidding me? Rodgers is more than enough for Moss, even too much. Rodgers won't be included, but if he was it would mean you would give up more not us.

RaiderNation
02-28-2007, 08:26 PM
Are you kidding me? Rodgers is more than enough for Moss, even too much. Rodgers won't be included, but if he was it would mean you would give up more not us.

tell me what rodgers has done to make him worth more than moss? all he has done is get drafted in the 1st round,sat on his ass for a couple season and get hurt when u accually put him in

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-28-2007, 08:26 PM
I agree Moss is a cancer,old,and doesnt play well.Not to mention this is a great draft for WRs.

Raiderz4Life
02-28-2007, 08:35 PM
Rodgers hasent done anything to prove he's worthy to be a 2nd round/3rd round pick. He hasent played enough for that to be said. Word was he wasnt doing to great in camp last off-season and who knows how he'll do this off season. I hope we trade Moss, i was against the Moss trade from the beginning. I mean, i wasnt totally against it but i wasnt for it either. I hope we get a decent deal.

GB12
02-28-2007, 08:38 PM
It doesn't seem like we'll be able to agree on Rodgers value, but that's fine because he won't be part of it anyway. I am very confident in saying that.

bucksavage
02-28-2007, 08:40 PM
How many years ago was that? That was when Moss was, well, Moss. Why would the packers trade a first for him, after coming off a dismal year, to say the least. You are putting way too much stock in him right now. Why sit a guy that will probably end up being a locker room cancer when you can trade him, and get at least a third rounder.

that was two years ago,not that long ago. Moss still strikes fear in the heart of defenders. Plus he sells jerseys. Al will not let him go unless he has a deal where he thinks he is getting enough in return.

Raiderz4Life
02-28-2007, 08:48 PM
To hell with the jerseys, he aint gonna be selling many after this year. You seriously think someone will buy a moss jersey and go "Hey lookie here, i got this cool new Moss jersey even though he stunk more than a skunk last year?" I mean i see no other reason to buy one...unless you wanna burn it but that'd be a waste of money. He may still strike fear into them but as long as he's in Oakland defenders know he wont be much of a threat, specially if they got good pressure on the QB.

PACKmanN
02-28-2007, 08:50 PM
Atl was overpricing Matt Schaub and he hasnt proven anything also. The Vikings were willing to give up there 2nd. Rodgers has more things to offer and you guys are running a WCO which is a good fit for him, and with ur o-line problems he can run around and by sometime.

bearsfan_51
02-28-2007, 08:53 PM
Perhaps they would trade Rogers in part as a concession to him. If Favre possibly could play this season and the next they should at least consider trading the kid. His career will be half over before he even gets to play.

raidersfanxxx
02-28-2007, 09:01 PM
im really torn on this one. i liked him at cal, but its always a risk takeing a tedford qb

GB12
02-28-2007, 09:02 PM
Perhaps they would trade Rogers in part as a concession to him. If Favre possibly could play this season and the next they should at least consider trading the kid. His career will be half over before he even gets to play.

Yeah, the situation really sucks for him. And if thinks work out with Moss, I would imagine that it could be another year for Favre. it's not really the best move for the team to trade him though. Then we have to take another high round QB. I still think Rodgers was the right pick, but looking back it would have been nice to wait.

Raiderz4Life
02-28-2007, 09:02 PM
Are we really running a WCO? I knew we'd put some in cuz of Knapps but i believed we would still run our vertical game with Kiffin calling the plays.

bearsfan_51
02-28-2007, 09:04 PM
In response to a previous post by a Raiders fan, Moss doesn't strike fear in anyone anymore. Sorry. He would be a fine pickup for a 3rd rounder, but I agree that most of you are just being wishful thinkers.

raidersfanxxx
02-28-2007, 09:12 PM
moss is still one of the best. the only thing is he only plays when he feels like it. i think he will be great for the packers. if theres anyone in the nfl that moss has respect for and will play for thats farve.

locseti
02-28-2007, 09:33 PM
I wouldnt mind Rodgers for Moss, I think Rodgers is a gamer - Also a bit biased cause hes from Norhtern Cali. But I kinda want Moss out anyway so we have the option of drafting CJ.

Stash
02-28-2007, 09:33 PM
I am glad that the rumors are starting up because for a while it sounded like Moss was staying. I think a third and a player is what it will eventually be, I doubt Rogers will be involved.

Raiderz4Life
02-28-2007, 09:39 PM
I hope it happens, i want CJ. and Trading Moss would make CJ a strong candidate

Komp
02-28-2007, 10:49 PM
Yah I like the CJ aspect of trading Moss....I'd be happy for a 3rd rd pick to be honest....maybe NE would make a better offer if they had any OL propects to give us...

Grave Digger
02-28-2007, 11:03 PM
KNBR is reporting that the Raiders and Packers have reached a tentative agreement on compensation for Randy Moss. But the entire thing is contingent upon Moss (and his agent) ability or willingness to restructure his current contract into something the Packers are more comfortable with and can absorb.

The particulars of the deal weren't discussed, but it has been rumoured that the Raiders would get a 2nd round pick in 2007 and an additional pick in 2008.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-28-2007, 11:21 PM
what about Rodgers?

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-28-2007, 11:22 PM
im really torn on this one. i liked him at cal, but its always a risk takeing a tedford qb
one of em has to work out.But consider this.Cal hasnt ever gotten close to beating USC since his departure.Sure it may be only 2 years but last year Cal had what it took to win but didnt.

RaiderNation
03-01-2007, 12:04 AM
KNBR is reporting that the Raiders and Packers have reached a tentative agreement on compensation for Randy Moss. But the entire thing is contingent upon Moss (and his agent) ability or willingness to restructure his current contract into something the Packers are more comfortable with and can absorb.

The particulars of the deal weren't discussed, but it has been rumoured that the Raiders would get a 2nd round pick in 2007 and an additional pick in 2008.

very good news. mayb a 3rd or 4th in 2008

RaiderLifer
03-01-2007, 12:25 AM
very good news. mayb a 3rd or 4th in 2008

Best news I've heard all day.

RaiderNation
03-01-2007, 12:47 AM
i think by tuesday or wednsday of next week moss will not be in silver in black

slightlyaraiderfan
03-01-2007, 12:47 AM

Sexy, if this goes down...it would be more than I originally expected.

TheChampIsHere
03-01-2007, 01:13 AM
I am absolutely loving the idea of getting Rodgers for Moss. We get a QB who is ready to start after learning from Favre for 2 years, he is an underrated player IMO and he is not a statue like Walter, he can move around pretty well. And best of all, we can pick Calvin Johnson.

Im afraid of the idea of picking Russell and keeping Moss and Porter. I can too easily see it just not working as our team chemistry still sucks and then Russell busts because he comes into such a horrible environment. And at the same time, Calvin will become a superstar and we'll regret. I strong believe now that if we pass on CJ, 5 years down the line he's gonna be a phenom and we're gonna be kicking ourselves wondering how we passed on him.

NIN1984
03-01-2007, 08:52 AM
If we get a 2nd round pick for Moss, I will be very a happy person and maybe even picks next year wow that's crazy

bucksavage
03-01-2007, 02:02 PM
If Moss wasnt a threat why do defenses still double cover him deep?

This article says the Raiders havent discuss any trade for Moss

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/03/01/SPG5KOD0401.DTL

slightlyaraiderfan
03-01-2007, 02:16 PM
If Moss wasnt a threat why do defenses still double cover him deep?

This article says the Raiders havent discuss any trade for Moss

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/03/01/SPG5KOD0401.DTL
Boooooooo!!

Windy
03-01-2007, 02:21 PM
Patriots | Team interested in Moss
Thu, 1 Mar 2007 11:58:27 -0800

ESPNews reports the New England Patriots are interested in Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss.

Jaguars | Team interested in Moss
Thu, 1 Mar 2007 11:48:56 -0800

ESPNews reports the Jacksonville Jaguars are interested in Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss.

Packers | Team interested in Moss
Thu, 1 Mar 2007 11:35:18 -0800

ESPNews reports the Green Bay Packers are interested in Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss.

raidersfanxxx
03-01-2007, 06:29 PM
i heard adam schefter report the moss to green bay trade are vary false.

ChefMike
03-01-2007, 09:31 PM
OK Think of this scenario....
Randy Moss & #1 Pick in the draft to someone in the Top 10 like a Houston or Atlanta both Teams that are looking for a game breaker and a quality player...you could move down in the draft still getting a HIGH pick and pick up a #1 next year and maybe a 2nd or 3rd this year...
We need playerS not just a QB or a WR...

The goal of trading down is so you don't upset the balance of what you want to potentially pick up and make that other Team think they got more then they did... JaMarcus Russell isnt the answer...I think a Ted Ginn or a or Even Brady Quinn will still be there at 8-11 just like Matt Lienert was last year and you could get an extra #1 next year and another pick this year and dump a HUGE salary with Moss to sign a Great FA player like a Adalius Thomas (Who plays in a very similar Defense in Baltimore under the tutelage of your D-Co's brother) and a Drew Bennett. Then you go from a team with the #1 pick to a Team that makes people worried 2-3 years from now and is selling out crowds bringing back the Raider Mystique...

slightlyaraiderfan
03-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Randy Moss & #1 Pick in the draft to someone in the Top 10 like a Houston or Atlanta both Teams that are looking for a game breaker and a quality player...you could move down in the draft still getting a HIGH pick and pick up a #1 next year and maybe a 2nd or 3rd this year...

The goal of trading down is so you don't upset the balance of what you want to potentially pick up and make that other Team think they got more then they did... JaMarcus Russell isnt the answer...I think a Ted Ginn or a or Even Brady Quinn will still be there at 8-11 just like Matt Lienert was last year and you could get an extra #1 next year and another pick this year and dump a HUGE salary with Moss to sign a Great FA player like a Adalius Thomas (Who plays in a very similar Defense in Baltimore under the tutelage of your D-Co's brother) and a Drew Bennett. Then you go from a team with the #1 pick to a Team that makes people worried 2-3 years from now and is selling out crowds bringing back the Raider Mystique...
We dont need to include Moss to move down, he can be traded in an entirely seperate deal.

Boston
03-02-2007, 11:18 AM
i heard adam schefter report the moss to green bay trade are vary false.

Wasn't it Schefter that said AT had been franchised?

Komp
03-02-2007, 01:24 PM

This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Seriously. Oakland is the last place a FA wants to come to. We have to continue build through the draft for the next year or two. WTF would we trade down out of the top 5 and give away a good WR. Your post is completely ********. If a team wanted to move from 8-11 to our #1 spot AND take Moss they would have to give us practically their entire draft this year and than their first 2-3 picks next year. This would never happen in a million years.

bucksavage
03-02-2007, 02:03 PM
Wasn't it Schefter that said AT had been franchised?

Schefter also reported that Shell was gonna be fired 3 weeks before he was

bernbabybern820
03-02-2007, 02:07 PM

what a damn rumor monger!!!

NYmoney
03-02-2007, 02:40 PM

This is the worst post in the history of NFLDC.com

ChefMike
03-02-2007, 03:12 PM
So soon you forget that your Team is talking of trading him for only a 3rd or 4th rd pick ?? and trading to a team in the Top 10 you almost guarantee yourself a pick in the Top 10 next year as well... so let see... your trading the 1st pick for 2 Top 10 picks back to back plus your pick next year which will probably be in the top 12 at least... so to me that is more valuable. Moss wants out, and his salary is huge, FA would want to come to Oakland if you are showing that your trying to "Just Win Baby !" but your not showing that trying to make a 1960's offense work in 2007 !!!!!!???????!!!!!! Welcome to the 21st century boys your not going back to another Super Bowl anytime soon taking JaMarcus Russell with the Top Pick and Brady Quinn will be dropping if he is not picked #2 with Detroit.... and I am not the only one saying he is going to a better pro QB then Russell...

Boston
03-02-2007, 08:24 PM

After going 2-14 with the worst offense ever. How did he know?

Komp
03-02-2007, 10:42 PM
So soon you forget that your Team is talking of trading him for only a 3rd or 4th rd pick ?? and trading to a team in the Top 10 you almost guarantee yourself a pick in the Top 10 next year as well... so let see... your trading the 1st pick for 2 Top 10 picks back to back plus your pick next year which will probably be in the top 12 at least... so to me that is more valuable. Moss wants out, and his salary is huge, FA would want to come to Oakland if you are showing that your trying to "Just Win Baby !" but your not showing that trying to make a 1960's offense work in 2007 !!!!!!???????!!!!!! Welcome to the 21st century boys your not going back to another Super Bowl anytime soon taking JaMarcus Russell with the Top Pick and Brady Quinn will be dropping if he is not picked #2 with Detroit.... and I am not the only one saying he is going to a better pro QB then Russell...

Moss for a 3rd rd pick and a younger prospect is a fair trade. A #1 overall pick is worth A LOT more than just two #10 overall picks. You have no idea what you are talking about.

geaux tigers
03-03-2007, 08:37 AM

JR isnt the answer but Ted Ginn at 8-11 will help!???

I fully agree with NYmoney...

RaiderNation
03-04-2007, 12:43 PM
http://rubechat.kfan.com/forums/thread/1368673.aspx

Moss is in Green Bay as of Saturday evening, and reports the deal is done, and Moss has actually given Green Bay some favours in his new deal

idk if this is accurate but i hope it is. seems like either their 2nd or rodgers. id want their 2nd more because we might be able to get kalil staley or olsen with those pics. plus get cj

HoopsDemon12
03-04-2007, 12:47 PM
Wow if its official then.....i feel bad for calvin johnson, if he likes money hes in for a great year but otherwise wow rule out rookie of the year campain or any sucess in the league until they geta QB. im thinking 2 or 3 years before he makes an impact....i really hope they still take but JaMarcus but, wow i hate al davis

ny10804
03-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Guys, the link's BS.

jagsfreak27
03-04-2007, 12:49 PM
lol
damn post limit

Raiderz4Life
03-04-2007, 02:46 PM
Wooooo......i hope it went through. Yesh!!!

whats the 10 character limit thing?

Komp
03-04-2007, 03:26 PM
Randy Moss going to Wyoming for a snowmobile event? Hahahahaha....

Windy
03-04-2007, 05:15 PM
this story was already debunked.

raidersfanxxx
03-04-2007, 06:41 PM
i wish we could just get rid of him already!

Komp
03-04-2007, 06:50 PM
this story was already debunked.

Yah I think the snowmobile event in Wyoming was a pretty good indication of that

slightlyaraiderfan
03-05-2007, 12:26 PM
from roto..

The Patriots have reportedly shown interest in trading for Randy Moss.

Bill Belichick has long admired Moss and believes he could set him straight, ala Corey Dillon a few years back. More importantly, Moss would be a great value if the Patriots only had to give up a mid-round draft pick for him. The biggest factor working against Moss moving is a new deal: He'd have to take a paycut to leave Oakland.

RaiderNation
03-05-2007, 06:56 PM
pats get :moss 2nd #1 and 4th #1

raiders get 1st#24 and 4th #28

think thats possible? i used the trade value chart thing and moss is worth a mid 2nd and it adds up pretty close

Paranoidmoonduck
03-05-2007, 07:07 PM
pats get :moss 2nd #1 and 4th #1

raiders get 1st#24 and 4th #28

think thats possible? i used the trade value chart thing and moss is worth a mid 2nd and it adds up pretty close

I suppose, but I'm not sure who we're moving up for. That would have to be a draft day move since we have no real idea who will be there at 24, and I think we'd all like to see Moss get out before late April.

RaiderNation
03-05-2007, 07:09 PM
could get russell then meacham,jarrett,bowe or ginn with that pick possibly.

slightlyaraiderfan
03-07-2007, 04:35 PM
The Bucs are the latest team to join the discussion for Moss:

The Bucs are the latest team to be connected to Randy Moss in trade rumors.

His salary would be very tough for Tampa to swallow. We think that is the main factor holding up any Moss trade, although we'll hear plenty up until the draft.

RaiderNation
03-07-2007, 05:12 PM
The Bucs are the latest team to join the discussion for Moss:

great news now there are 3 teams that want him

doingthisinsteadofwork
03-07-2007, 07:59 PM
I just heard Randy was traded.No credible source yet but someone saw it on ESPN.

doingthisinsteadofwork
03-07-2007, 08:01 PM
nevermind.

RaiderNation
03-07-2007, 08:20 PM
nevermind.

i hate that guy who posted he did

Komp
03-07-2007, 10:10 PM
I hate him too. I think Moss will be gone, there has to be some truth to the rumors and if Al wants him gone, he will get rid of him. Now that Stallworth and Joe Horn are off the market there are no #1 WR's left.

omecool20
03-07-2007, 10:31 PM
In the end, Moss didn't work out in Oakland. Maybe he didnt get the qb who could get him the ball. Oh well, I hope he works out somewhere, we could sure use the picks we get for him.

Kurve
03-07-2007, 11:02 PM
when is this going to happen i watch ESPN hopeing some kind of deal goes through for some kind of 2nd round pick and all the sports guys say al wants nothing less then a 1st rounder .... which i dont think anyteam would ever give up for Randy Moss.

RaiderNation
03-07-2007, 11:13 PM
i have a feeling were are going to get overpaid now for moss since stallworth isnt a FA. i think we will end up trading with some1 for their first and we are giving up moss and our 2nd

raidersfanxxx
03-08-2007, 01:14 AM
watching this moss situation is too painful. why cant things ever be good.

portermvp84
03-08-2007, 09:43 AM
Because it's Oakland its the Hell Hole of the NFL. I can't wait for that cocky ****** to be gone!!!

Paranoidmoonduck
03-08-2007, 11:18 AM
I've heard some rumors of Moss to Tampa for their 2nd and Plummer (who we might be able to spin for Carr).

etk
03-08-2007, 12:35 PM
I've heard some rumors of Moss to Tampa for their 2nd and Plummer (who we might be able to spin for Carr).

I've heard some rumours of a young bucs fan who plans on murdering Randy Moss to be sure that such a trade never comes into light.

slightlyaraiderfan
03-08-2007, 01:03 PM
I like that, mostly because it involves us drafting CJ

RaiderNation
03-08-2007, 03:05 PM
I like that, mostly because it involves us drafting CJ

same here carr still has a some potienial

Kurve
03-08-2007, 03:08 PM
i wouldnt like tradeing moss and our second just to move up a few spots to get another 1st rounder i rather get another pick for moss like a second round pick rather then trading up with moss thats just me.

Komp
03-08-2007, 09:18 PM
Moss to the Bucs would be awesome....I hate the Bucs even more than I hate Moss....

Man_Of_Steel
03-08-2007, 10:13 PM
Moss to the Bucs would be awesome....I hate the Bucs even more than I hate Moss....

haha, thats pretty good

Chucky
03-08-2007, 10:15 PM

Tampas first or second second rounder

RaiderNation
03-08-2007, 10:17 PM
Tampas first or second second rounder

wow. what do u mean by ur first? as in we trade down to urs and u get moss with the first overal pick?
or we trade our hole draft plus moss to have the 1st overal and 4th overal?

slightlyaraiderfan
03-10-2007, 12:49 AM
From roto:

The Packers may wait to see if Randy Moss is cut before pursuing him.

Moss' cap number in Oakland is roughly $11 million, so it's possible he will be released outright. His agent, Bus Cook, told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that Moss would love a chance to play with Brett Favre.
I think we'll bring him back for another season before cutting him.

RaiderLifer
03-10-2007, 09:54 AM
He's not due any bonuses so by the time we have to pay him anything (salary) there will not be anything left on the market worth cutting him for. Al will not cut Randy...hell he won't even cut Whitted.

etk
03-10-2007, 02:23 PM
wow. what do u mean by ur first? as in we trade down to urs and u get moss with the first overal pick?
or we trade our hole draft plus moss to have the 1st overal and 4th overal?

We have 2 second rounders. He meant which one was rumoured to be in the trade.

RaiderLifer
03-13-2007, 11:36 AM
Things are heating up. I still think a deal will take a while to go down because we don't owe Moss any money until the start of the season so there is no incentive to work quickly. We will hold out for the best deal possible and then pull the trigger at the last minute. Possibly even draft day.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2796831&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=576312

slightlyaraiderfan
03-13-2007, 12:10 PM
Things are heating up. I still think a deal will take a while to go down because we don't owe Moss any money until the start of the season so there is no incentive to work quickly. We will hold out for the best deal possible and then pull the trigger at the last minute. Possibly even draft day.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2796831&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Good, the offseason was starting to die down a bit. I hope Packers brass don't listen to their fans and do the "right" thing. They need Moss!

RaiderNation
03-13-2007, 04:36 PM

great news. this offseason has had good signings

on PTI they said packer fans dont want moss but the front office does

GB12
03-13-2007, 04:41 PM
great news. this offseason has had good signings

on PTI they said packer fans dont want moss but the front office does

That's BS, the "fans" are being rediculous and are probably the same ones that thought Gado would be the RB of the future. I hate how ESPN is making it out as no Packer fans want him. Some have said that they would change to a Bears fan if we got him. I hope they do because I don't want them as a Packer fan.

Stash
03-13-2007, 10:22 PM
There have been rumors of him going to GB for a month or two and nothing has happened yet. I doubt it could take this long to work out details, there has to be something more going on. If I had to guess I'd say we will have to wait until draft day for Moss to get dealt.

Komp
03-13-2007, 10:51 PM
These things take time...and like someone said earlier, there is no rush to get this done now. He will be traded sometime close to draft day, unless Al falls in love with Jamarcus on his pro-day.

doingthisinsteadofwork
03-13-2007, 11:08 PM
according to PFT Rodgers is still being looked at.
of course thats PFT.

RaiderNation
03-13-2007, 11:11 PM
of course thats PFT.

really doubt that. i think there DE with the huge name and a 2nd/3rd is what the trade will turn out to be, could add a 3rd or 4th next year too

GB12
03-13-2007, 11:18 PM
of course thats PFT.

If the Packers were to offer a player, the source said the Raiders wouldn't have any interest in quarterback Aaron Rodgers

That is a way better source. I have also read that we don't want to trade him. I can't see Rodgers being included.

Raiderz4Life
03-14-2007, 09:29 PM
really doubt that. i think there DE with the huge name and a 2nd/3rd is what the trade will turn out to be, could add a 3rd or 4th next year too

you mean kabeer gbaja biamila (i think i spelled it right)

portermvp84
03-15-2007, 09:54 AM
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=188664

Is it really nessasary to give up Anderson?

PacMan
03-15-2007, 04:28 PM
Ok, I have people calling me saying the trade is on. Some sites are saying it and some aren't. What are they saying around Oakland?? Is any of this stuff being reported on?? Is it gonna be KGB or Aaron Rodgers??? What's goin on?? Please someone telll meeeeeeee?????????????????

bernbabybern820
03-15-2007, 05:04 PM
Ok, I have people calling me saying the trade is on. Some sites are saying it and some aren't. What are they saying around Oakland?? Is any of this stuff being reported on?? Is it gonna be KGB or Aaron Rodgers??? What's goin on?? Please someone telll meeeeeeee?????????????????

haha im with you man!

GB12
03-15-2007, 05:23 PM
you mean kabeer gbaja biamila (i think i spelled it right)

Actually his full nam is Muhammed-Kabeer Olarewaju Gbaja-Biamila.

RaiderNation
03-15-2007, 06:14 PM

A source in Wisconsin said today that the Packers and Raiders are on the verge of announcing a trade that would send the troubled receiver to Green Bay in exchange for backup quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

However, one source close to Rodgers adamantly denied the rumor, saying, to his knowledge, the Raiders and Packers have not had substantive discussions.

There are expected to be other particulars in the deal. According to the Wisconsin source, Green Bay would also give up a seventh-round pick in 2008, while the Packers would receive Raiders tight end Courtney Anderson as part of the deal.

The Packers would also receive a conditional pick from the Raiders in the 2009 draft which would be based on Rodgers’ production in Oakland the next two seasons. The Wisconsin source indicated that Moss has agreed to restructure his contract, which calls for $20 million in base salary the next two years. Moss and Packers quarterback Brett Favre are said to have been talking on the phone throughout the process. Press conferences could be held as early as Friday.

but then....

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070315/PKR01/70315132/1989

“If (a trade) was that close, (Thompson) would have called us by now,” Harlan said.

RaiderNation
03-15-2007, 06:15 PM

whoops didnt see u had that link yet

Stash
03-15-2007, 09:30 PM

I hope that statement was a joke.

princefielder28
03-15-2007, 09:32 PM
Actually his full nam is Muhammed-Kabeer Olarewaju Gbaja-Biamila.

That's inside information!!!

portermvp84
03-16-2007, 09:45 AM
I think we should get him out of here as soon as possible. Wheather it be Greenbay or who ever, we need to get a couple of picks out of him.

eacantdraft
03-16-2007, 12:44 PM
Interesting article here.

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original/article_21269467.shtml

No Moss On Lambau? Packers Not Interested In Rowdy Randy
By Tim Quinn
Mar 16, 2007

The fans (and co-owners) of the Green Bay Packers have been making it clear to General Manger Ted Thompson and CEO Bob Harlan that they do not want Randy Moss on their team.
At a recent fanfest at Lambau, when a rumored Moss trade was mentioned, the boos and hisses out match any sounds of approval. And while the phones haven't been ringing off the hook, many calls have in to Thompson's office greatly opposing Moss.

RaiderNation
03-16-2007, 06:13 PM
Interesting article here.

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original/article_21269467.shtml

No Moss On Lambau? Packers Not Interested In Rowdy Randy
By Tim Quinn
Mar 16, 2007

The fans (and co-owners) of the Green Bay Packers have been making it clear to General Manger Ted Thompson and CEO Bob Harlan that they do not want Randy Moss on their team.
At a recent fanfest at Lambau, when a rumored Moss trade was mentioned, the boos and hisses out match any sounds of approval. And while the phones haven't been ringing off the hook, many calls have in to Thompson's office greatly opposing Moss.

not new news

NotoRussell
03-27-2007, 06:38 AM
what would we get for Randy?