PDA

View Full Version : Heisman Predicitions

TheBuffaloBills
07-03-2008, 09:41 AM
Who do you think is going to win the Heisman this year?

And would it effect the players draft stock if they won it or would it make no impact?

TheBuffaloBills
07-03-2008, 09:42 AM
I am going to go with CJ Spiller. I see him as having an explosive season.

Turtlepower
07-03-2008, 09:44 AM
Matt Stafford!!!!

Bruce Banner
07-03-2008, 09:51 AM
This guy named the college football section is looking good.

wicket
07-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Sorry y'all i know he is not the most popular here but just gotta go with Tebow again, nothing to keep him from having a season like last years. The team around him will probably be even beter, so perhaps a couple less rushing but more throwing td's

eaglesalltheway
07-03-2008, 10:21 AM
I agree with wicket, it will be Tebow, but I also agree with Bruce, this goes in the CFB thread

lordquas
07-03-2008, 10:59 AM
tebow wont win it again. maybe pat white maybe noel devine. and i know im gunna have mad haters for sayin that

OSUGiants17
07-03-2008, 11:04 AM
tebow wont win it again.
I agree. I think Beanie, or Crabtree will win it.

p.s. Nice sig

BigJohn98
07-03-2008, 11:08 AM
I am going to go with CJ Spiller. I see him as having an explosive season.

He doesn't even start.

bored of education
07-03-2008, 11:37 AM
Beanie Wells obvi

YAYareaRB
07-03-2008, 11:54 AM
Joe McKnight

wicket
07-03-2008, 11:58 AM
usually the heisman goes to the best qb not the best college player (not always obviously) so when one looks at last year the best potential players were tebow and bradford and perhaps daniels, there are great rb's in the running but one has to be miles in front of the rest to be considered imo and tbh no one is gonna be, to mutch width at the top.

Sniper
07-03-2008, 12:03 PM
Chris Wells has a terrific shot at winning it. Too bad he won't after the Michigan D holds him to 27 yards on 30 carries :)

Seriously though, Wells is a stud. Great shot at the Heisman, especially if he does well against USC.

Turtlepower
07-03-2008, 12:04 PM
usually the heisman goes to the best qb not the best college player (not always obviously) so when one looks at last year the best potential players were tebow and bradford and perhaps daniels, there are great rb's in the running but one has to be miles in front of the rest to be considered imo and tbh no one is gonna be, to mutch width at the top.

That is why Matt Stafford will win the Heisman.

Sniper
07-03-2008, 12:04 PM
That is why Matt Stafford will win the Heisman.

Because he's going to complete 55% of his passes again?

Turtlepower
07-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Because he's going to complete 55% of his passes again?

If Georgia goes to the NC game, he'll be in the running.

Sniper
07-03-2008, 12:09 PM
If Georgia goes to the NC game, he'll be in the running.

If Georgia goes to the NC game, it will be because of Knowshon Moreno. They won't make it, so we don't have to worry about that, but Moreno is what gets that team going.

Turtlepower
07-03-2008, 12:10 PM
If Georgia goes to the NC game, it will be because of Knowshon Moreno. They won't make it, so we don't have to worry about that, but Moreno is what gets that team going.

Moreno will be splitting carries with King this season, which will ring down Moreno's production. The running game will open up the passing game and it will allow Stafford to play much better this year.

Sniper
07-03-2008, 12:13 PM
Moreno will be splitting carries with King this season, which will ring down Moreno's production. The running game will open up the passing game and it will allow Stafford to play much better this year.

With what receivers?

Plus, with games @South Carolina, @Arizona State, vs. Alabama, vs. Tennessee, @LSU, neutral vs. Florida, and @Auburn to go along with a potential SEC title game, they're not going to the NC.

Turtlepower
07-03-2008, 12:14 PM
With what receivers?

Plus, with games @South Carolina, @Arizona State, vs. Alabama, vs. Tennessee, @LSU, neutral vs. Florida, and @Auburn to go along with a potential SEC title game, they're not going to the NC.

Georgia is only going to lose 1 game this season, so I think they will be fine with that schedule.

Sniper
07-03-2008, 12:15 PM
Georgia is only going to lose 1 game this season, so I think they will be fine with that schedule.

With that schedule? Minimum of two games. Especially with half their defense in legal trouble right now.

Turtlepower
07-03-2008, 12:24 PM
With that schedule? Minimum of two games. Especially with half their defense in legal trouble right now.

I see them losing the game in Tempe and that is it. =D

Primetime21
07-03-2008, 12:29 PM
With what receivers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc9xk33GasI

OSUGiants17
07-03-2008, 12:35 PM
no way Stafford wins it. I don't think a QB qill win it, Beanie or Crabtree will.

JT Jag
07-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Tebow. Go Nease!

OSUGiants17
07-03-2008, 12:40 PM
Tebow. Go Nease!

no way Tebow wins back to back.

YAYareaRB
07-03-2008, 12:49 PM
Actually I think Tebow has a great shot at winning back to back barring a terrible and injury riddled season. He's got a great supporting cast behind him. I'm sure he left an impression on voters last season.

BigJohn98
07-03-2008, 12:51 PM
no way Stafford wins it. I don't think a QB qill win it, Beanie or Crabtree will.

Receivers never win it.

wicket
07-03-2008, 12:52 PM
I must admit its been a while for the back to back but then again everybody said no way a sophomore would win it. I'll now rank the players for heisman :
1st tier: Tebow
2nd tier: Bradford Daniel Moreno Wells & Crabtree
3rd tier: Harrel Stafford McKnight, couple of Clemson guys, White, Devine.
Might have forgotten a couple but this is kinda how it looks imo

Sniper
07-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Receivers never win it.

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/pkg/ncf/100/top_plays_32.jpg

Hello Heisman!

Sniper
07-03-2008, 01:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc9xk33GasI

So because of a freshman WR, I'm supposed to believe Stafford will win the Heisman. If that's the case, John Parker Wilson for Heisman because he has Julio Jones, and Jones>Green.

Unbiased
07-03-2008, 02:39 PM

Hello Heisman!

He was obviously exaggerating but his point was made.

1. Chris Wells
2. Tim Tebow
3. Chase Daniel
4. Pat White

Those will be the finalists.

d34ng3l021
07-03-2008, 03:08 PM
Chris Wells
Matthew Stafford
Chase Daniel

ThEvIcTR
07-03-2008, 04:09 PM
1. Chris Wells
2.Pat White
3.Tim Tebow
4. QB from central

Sniper
07-03-2008, 08:02 PM
He was obviously exaggerating but his point was made.

1. Chris Wells
2. Tim Tebow
3. Chase Daniel
4. Pat White

Those will be the finalists.

I know, I just love the fact that UM has the WR and CB Heismans on lock down.

TheBuffaloBills
07-03-2008, 10:19 PM
I will change the topic so that it would pertain to the NFL Draft Thread.

Bruce Banner
07-03-2008, 10:35 PM

Hello Heisman!

WTF! Look how jacked his calves are. His shins have more defined muscles than me.

BrownsTown
07-03-2008, 10:40 PM
Tebow's gonna be running a lot less this year, I don't think he'll win it again.

brat316
07-03-2008, 11:07 PM
TBow

hmmmm I don't know

kwilk103
07-04-2008, 12:47 AM
you all are wrong pat white will win

he will break the career rushing records for qb

have about 30-40 total tds

he will have better passing stats than last year

wvu goes to the nc game

Zyro_1014
07-04-2008, 12:59 AM
you all are wrong pat white will win

he will break the career rushing records for qb

have about 30-40 total tds

he will have better passing stats than last year

wvu goes to the nc game

We're always wrong when we dont pick WVU to win somethin according to you.

Im gonna go out on a limb and say that Stafon Johnson has a good chance. hes gonna be the horse at USC this year and get alot of carries so if he has a good year......watch out

Staubach12
07-04-2008, 01:37 AM
Tebow or Wells.

holt_bruce81
07-04-2008, 02:21 AM
1. Chase Daniel
2. Knowshon Moreno
3. Tim Tebow

BrownsTown
07-04-2008, 02:21 AM
1. Chase Daniel
2. Knowshon Moreno
3. Tim Tebow

I learned my lesson by doubting Chase Daniel before. I wouldn't call him a favorite but you can't sleep on the guy.

holt_bruce81
07-04-2008, 02:29 AM
I learned my lesson by doubting Chase Daniel before. I wouldn't call him a favorite but you can't sleep on the guy.

Yea I'm not really in college football mode right now, can't really think of the "heisman candidates" but to me Daniel should at least be in just about everyones top 5.

Solomon
07-04-2008, 11:34 AM
1. Chris Wells - He's got the preseason buzz, a strong OLine, a team with enough of a deep passing game to ensure opponents don't stack the box and Ohio State is more than capable of going unbeaten. Wells' stats should get better (although Saine might get his share of touches too) and if Ohio State wins out he should be Heisman bound.

2. Knowshon Moreno - Another RB with strong preseason buzz and a great team behind him. The battle between Moreno and Wells might simply come down to who has the better team by December.

3. Sam Bradford - I could see Oklahoma challenging for the NC this year and Bradford has a great safety valve in TE Jermaine Gresham, a solid group of WRs to spread the field with, a good RB in Demarco Murray to take the pressure off him and a fantastic OLine. With a year under his belt he should be able to take his already impressive game to new heights.

4. Percy Harvin - Alot of people don't realize what a great year he had last year, his rushing and receiving totals per game were better than Reggie Bush's were as a soph. Arguably the most electric player in the nation but he needs to stay healthy. Some of his votes will be taken away by Tebow and some of his carries will be taken away by Moody.

5. Tim Tebow - Even with repeated huge production it's hard to win back to back Heismans when there are plenty of other deserving players (see Jason White. Matt Leinart). Florida will need to play better than last year and Harvin will also steal votes from him.

6. Pat White - Should once again be a strong canidate for the Heisman based on his arm and feet. The sparkplug for a WVU team that should once again be among the most explosive in the nation.

7. Chase Daniel - Mizzu should once again be very good and Daniel should put up gaudy stats once again. He's not a popular choice though and sometimes the Heisman is more about the popular choice than the right one. Maclin may also take away some votes if he plays like he did (or better) last season.

8. Michael Crabtree - Receivers who don't return or carry the ball have a hard time lobbying for the Heisman but Crabtree has just as good of a chance as Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald did. His numbers are off the charts and if Tech can win 10+ games and pull one out against Texas or Oklahoma he could be the last man standing.

9. Rey Maualuga - Every year it seems like one defensive player garners attention for the Heisman. This year I think it will be Rey. He's got a great team that this year should be better known for their defense than their offense. There really isn't anyone on O for USC that has garnered much Heisman attention and Maualuga is certainly a known commodity that should get plenty of Heisman voters glued to to their seats with his vicious hits and intense persona.

10. Jeremy Maclin - Another dynamite player with the ball in his hands. His total yardage should be at or near the top of the nation and he should have enough highlight reel plays to get some Heisman votes.

Stafon Johnson - My darkhorse selection. Johnson seems on the verge of a big year and if USC wins out like many think then someone will have to take individual credit. If it's not Maualuga then Johnson might benefit with a Heisman trophy.

Sniper
07-04-2008, 11:54 AM
We're always wrong when we dont pick WVU to win somethin according to you.

Im gonna go out on a limb and say that Stafon Johnson has a good chance. hes gonna be the horse at USC this year and get alot of carries so if he has a good year......watch out

I don't know if kwilk has ever made a non pro-WVU post. Everything WVU is the greatest according to him.

tEk
07-04-2008, 12:51 PM
If Georgia goes to the NC game, he'll be in the running.i thought the voting was done or at least the majority of votes are usually cast before the nc contenders are decided.

Sniper
07-04-2008, 01:13 PM
i thought the voting was done or at least the majority of votes are usually cast before the nc contenders are decided.

They are, but you still know whether or not you're going to the NC game a long time beforehand (50+ days if you're a Big 10 team)

YAYareaRB
07-04-2008, 01:37 PM
Pat White should also receive a nod for contention. I dunno, there's something about Joe McKnight that just says:

"Hello Heisman"

LonghornsLegend
07-04-2008, 02:51 PM
WTF! Look how jacked his calves are. His shins have more defined muscles than me.

That's exactly what I was thinking after looking at that pic, very easy to see where all his explosiveness came from.

keylime_5
07-04-2008, 04:49 PM
Honestly and as unbiased as I can be I think Tebow won't win it again b/c Emmanuel Moody and Tebow won't run it as much as he did last year. Tebow got hurt last year and that might have cost Florida a shot at beating LSU for the SEC championship. I think it WILL be either Chase Daniel or Chris Wells. Missouri and OSU will be really good and I think if Missouri goes unbeaten (all they gotta do is beat Oklahoma IMO) then Daniel is top 2.

TACKLE
07-04-2008, 05:16 PM
My Heisman Top 3

3. DeMarco Murray - A explosive dynamic player who should put up big numbers on a team that will be in the National Championship hunt. I can see Murray running for 1600 yards and 20 TD's. Should also have some great highlight-reel plays.

2. Beanie Wells - The best back in the nation who will be on a National Championship contender. He is the center of his offence and will have a big O-Line. Wouldn't be surprised to see him hit 2000.

1. The best QB in the SEC and the player who will lead his team to the national championship game.......

Tim Tebow - The most scrutinized player in college football is also the best. Although he may not have as many rushing yards with the addition of Emmanuel Moody, but defens won't be able to focus only on Tebow he will dominate much like he did last year. Everyone tries to look for reasons to knock him but Tebow single-handedly takes over games. He is in an offence that is tailor-made for him and he has weapons (Harvin, Ingram, Moody) that will allow him to showcase his abilities. Tebow will get lots of chances to shine on national TV in big games. If he performs like he's capable of, I expect Florida to be playing in the NC. If Tebow plays as well or better than he did as a sophomore, he'll join Archie Griffin as the only 2-time Heisman winner.