PDA

View Full Version : Next years 'minor conference' bowl team.

wicket
07-04-2008, 07:29 AM
the last couple of years a team of a smaller conference made the a bcs bowl game. Which team would you tip for this year: My thoughts would go out to Nevada, with one of the most talented young QB's around in Kaepernick. Or perhaps Bringham Young.

SuperKevin
07-04-2008, 09:26 AM
It'll be BYU as long as their secondary steps up. They already have the inside track starting the season in the Top 25.

Hwoarang
07-04-2008, 10:37 AM
I like Central Michigan to have a chance as long as LeFevour keeps playing at a high level.

duckseason
07-04-2008, 10:49 AM
Yeah if BYU can get past Washington and UCLA, they have a great shot at going 12-0 and ending up in a BCS game. I'd put my money on them if I had to choose somebody.

Im_a_Romosexual
07-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Ball State. Can score against anyone, but their defense has to improve. They also have a very favorable schedule.

YAYareaRB
07-04-2008, 09:32 PM
BYU!!! Go Cougs. I've been on them since Mendenhall took the reigns and we haven't looked back since. Returning 10 or 11 Starters on Offense is RIDICULOUS. They have a very talented and BIG O-Line. Max Hall led all Sophomores in pretty much every QB statistic last season. Freshmen Harvey Unga beasted last year is only gonna get better. Their front 7 is as good as anyones. The question will be there secondary definitely.

Shane P. Hallam
07-05-2008, 01:27 PM
I say none will make it.

princefielder28
07-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Central Michigan!!!

Brent
07-06-2008, 06:52 PM
Miami (OH)

Go former teammate and friend Daniel Raudabaugh!

DragonFireKai
07-07-2008, 03:47 PM
No one. BYU isn't going to make it through their schedule undefeated, and thanks the abortion that was 2007 Hawaii, even going undefeated might not be enough for a Mid Major anymore. BYU is probably going to need to beat UCLA and Washington by at least 3 TDs each in order to convince people that they belong. Any less, and don't be suprised to see them take a late season dive in the ranking.

YAYareaRB
07-07-2008, 10:48 PM
No one. BYU isn't going to make it through their schedule undefeated, and thanks the abortion that was 2007 Hawaii, even going undefeated might not be enough for a Mid Major anymore. BYU is probably going to need to beat UCLA and Washington by at least 3 TDs each in order to convince people that they belong. Any less, and don't be suprised to see them take a late season dive in the ranking.

UCLA and Washington aren't exactly powerhouses. Of course BYU is gonna need to beat em up a bit but they have the weapons to do it. It also helps out their case that they are gonna start out ranked in the top 20. BYU is tired of settling for the Las Vegas Bowl. There's a BCS OR BUST attitude going around in Provo. There isn't a team on their schedule that BYU shouldn't beat.

DragonFireKai
07-08-2008, 12:53 AM
UCLA and Washington aren't exactly powerhouses. Of course BYU is gonna need to beat em up a bit but they have the weapons to do it. It also helps out their case that they are gonna start out ranked in the top 20. BYU is tired of settling for the Las Vegas Bowl. There's a BCS OR BUST attitude going around in Provo. There isn't a team on their schedule that BYU shouldn't beat.

UCLA's better than they were last season, and they did beat BYU by 10 points last season. After UCLA got gutted by injuries, BYU beat them by 1 point. I see a return trip to the Las Vegas bowl in the works for them. It's possible that BYU beats UCLA, but I don't see them doing it by the needed margin to convince people that they aren't Hawaii 2.0.

Turtlepower
07-08-2008, 12:55 AM
Central Michigan!!!

If they can beat Georgia... And that is a pretty big "if".

I agree with JBond that no mid-major team will make the BCS this year. BYU will lose to UCLA, simple as that.

Byrd430
07-16-2008, 07:48 PM
Agree that no mid-major will be BCS Bound this year.

But the mid-majors who make the biggest splash?

BYU, Utah, TCU

BeerBaron
07-16-2008, 07:50 PM
i stated in another thread that i don't think that there will be a single one this year.

I think it would take a non-BCS school dominating every opponent plus having a few very convincing wins against schools from a BCS division to get in this year. I just think Hawaii may have blown it a little bit last year and left a bad taste in the mouths of some voters.....

plus I think there will easily 3 worthy schools from the SEC (though only 2 can get in) and probably at least 2 from the big 12 as well who will deserve BCS births. So thats taking food out of the mouths of thet non-BCS schools right there...

jballa838
07-16-2008, 08:05 PM
BYU is the sexy pick, but it will be the Chippewas if they beat Georgia.

boisefan
07-19-2008, 10:58 AM
This year, it will be BYU or Fresno, they both return a large number of starters and will be explosive. I would give the edge to BYU because Fresno players Wisconsin, Rutgers, UCLA, and Boise
Next year, Boise State

Iamcanadian
07-21-2008, 01:31 AM

The NCAA included the small conferences that produced Boise St and Hawaii because those schools threated a lawsuit if they weren't given an automatic berth into the BCS if one of their teams goes undefeated. So get used to it, an undefeated smaller Div 1 conference champion that goes undefeated is practically guaranteed to be included in the BCS Bowl system. They don't have to convince people they belong, all they have to do is go undefeated and the Polls that have a contractual obligation with the NCAA( Coaches Poll, etc.) will rank them high enough so they get their bid. You don't really think Hawaii got in on its record do you?

BYU is the clear favourite this coming year although Utah will give them a battle.