PDA

View Full Version : Eric Moulds released from Texans

GiantRutgersFan
02-28-2007, 04:47 PM
As you may know, I am a proponent of the G-Men drafting a receiver in the draft. But Jerry Reese has created a lot of holes on our team through his mismanagement, that it might not be a viable option for us to draft a WR in the first 2 or 3 rounds where we can grab an elite player.

So I was thinking, bring in Moulds. He would be a very nice possesion receiver and it would be an insurance policy for this year in case we have an injury and would add some depth. Plus if Toomer isnt ready, Moulds is capable.

It would also let us evaluate Sinorice Moss for an extra year and evaluate him.

Its not a long term solution, but I think that it would be a nice solution for this upcoming season. Plus I imagine he would like to be reasonably close to home (assuming he lives in the Buffalo area) which would be a little incentive.

What do you guys think about signing him?

Number 10
02-28-2007, 05:47 PM
I could see it only if Toomer ends up being released. Other than that, I don't see a veteran WR coming in because Plax and Toomer with Moss in the slot will be given a chance. I can however see a day one WR to compete with Moss and provide depth.

moc182
02-28-2007, 05:53 PM
Ehh, I think Moulds is pretty much done. Since next year should be a bit of a rebuilding year I'd prefer to get Moss or a draft pick the experience so they'll be more prepared for the future.

hugegmenfan
02-28-2007, 07:09 PM
Ehh, I think Moulds is pretty much done. Since next year should be a bit of a rebuilding year I'd prefer to get Moss or a draft pick the experience so they'll be more prepared for the future.

ya but the fact is we cant wait imo- what if moss doesnt perform this year? i think if we signed a moulds type guy who is reliable and did have a good year with the texans it would provide security @ the position and we wouldnt have to waste a draft pick on a Wr in the 3rd for example, we could focus on defense defense defense and may be a guard or even a hb- if the price would b right for moulds i would do it

ricky bobby
02-28-2007, 07:22 PM
I agree that we need a young guy. Do we really want to be picking up a guy that the Texans cut?

GiantRutgersFan
03-01-2007, 12:00 PM
Stokeley is gonna get Released by the Colts. He would be a nice pickup imo. Best #3 WR in the NFL. Just gotta stay healthy

Damix
03-01-2007, 12:25 PM
No thanks on Stokley or Moulds.

hugegmenfan
03-01-2007, 02:32 PM
No thanks on Stokley or Moulds.

i really disgree- a young Wr would have to develop no matter if we pick a guy in the 2nd round or on and we dont have the kind of time: eli needs to do well now- i think a great posession guy like stokley would help a lot especially if toomer cant come back or gets released and also we dont kno how moss will turn out

GiantRutgersFan
03-01-2007, 03:10 PM
Joe Horn cut from the Saints.

We gotta sign one of these guys imo. Moulds/Stokely and Horn are all nice players

Number 10
03-01-2007, 03:23 PM
No to all of these available WRs.

bigbluedefense
03-01-2007, 03:31 PM
We gotta get younger. Enough of the old FA who can pan out for a year. Its time to build the right way. Let our in house talent and drafting solidfy our team.

hugegmenfan
03-01-2007, 03:57 PM
We gotta get younger. Enough of the old FA who can pan out for a year. Its time to build the right way. Let our in house talent and drafting solidfy our team.

yes it is important we get younger but right now young WR will only go so far for the development of Eli- we have more important needs in the draft this year imo on the defensive side of the ball and on the oline to waste a pick on a johnnie lee higgins type who would b a 4th WR- if we could sign stokley or moulds to a short term deal i believe these experienced vets would really help