PDA

View Full Version : Dan Morgan done

BlindSite
02-28-2007, 04:56 PM
Darrin Gantt and Pat Yasinkas both said so. It looks like the Panthers won't allow him to play anymore. Expect the cut tomorrow after he receives his 2mill roster bonus. Bad thing is he was my favorite most loved player :(

Good thing, because its injury release he'll get all the money he earned.

JustJoe2k5
02-28-2007, 05:40 PM
Sucks to see him retire, but if that is what's best for him then I can't argue with it. Wonder who will take over as quarterback of our defense now? Mike Rucker might also be out. Mike Minter?

BlindSite
02-28-2007, 10:37 PM
Yeah, that's what worries me. Maybe Thomas Davis, but he's still young and inexperienced.

Vikes99ej
02-28-2007, 10:39 PM
Can someone sign him then if he is cut? I like Dan Morgan a lot as well.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 12:17 AM
I allways seem to draft him in fantasy football on potential alone, because my league plays with individual deffensive players. And by the 5th week of every season etc... I end up releasing him for an injury. its sad, he was a good LB.

BlindSite
03-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Can someone sign him then if he is cut? I like Dan Morgan a lot as well.

Yes. If the league clears him to play. Though he's an amazing linebacker when healthy and imo could've been one of the best ever he's never going to stay healthy. He's going to end up like Merril Hodge having to relearn to tie his shoes if he keeps this up.

BlindSite
03-01-2007, 04:16 PM
The Panthers completed a restructured contract with LB Dan Morgan Thursday, meaning he'll be back with the team next year.

There was plenty of doubt as to whether he'd be back, but Morgan said Thursday evening he completed the paperwork to stay earlier in the day.

Combined with the retention of DE Mike Rucker earlier this week, the Panthers have fewer holes to fill than many imagined.

Read tomorrow's Herald for more on this developing story

Looks like Yasinkas and Gantt were wrong...

JustJoe2k5
03-02-2007, 06:23 AM
Glad he decided to restructure. Wouldn't be shocked if Rosenhaus held the deal up. Hopefully, Morgan put him in his place and wants to stay in Charlotte.

It was also rumored that we may look at Bills' linebacker London Fletcher-Baker. Wonder if we'll still target him with Morgan still on the roster?

Crickett
03-06-2007, 05:42 PM
Dan Morgan. If only he could have been healthy, he could have been an all time great. :(

tomspanthers
03-11-2007, 11:36 AM
Glad to see him still around, hopefully we prepare a replacement for him anyway

Shiver
03-16-2007, 01:49 AM
I hope for his sake he hangs it up. Otherwise he'll get screwed up for life, which is far more important than football. Wayne Chrebet says it's like having a hang-over 24/7. Ted Johnson is also screwed up.