PDA

View Full Version : Twilight Zone

farfromforgotten
07-04-2008, 03:24 PM
I love this show. I believe I've seen just about every episode. SciFi channel is having a 4th of July Marathon. I was just wondering if any else was a big Twilight Zone fan? You young ones that have never seen the originals before should try and catch a few episodes. While it is not gory or silly and oversexed like a lot of horror shows of today, a lot of the episodes have a good message and make you really think about what just happend. Many of the episodes have great twists. Several episodes leave you feeling just as hopeless as the characters that are in those situations.

If you do enjoy the series, what are your favorite episodes?

CJSchneider
07-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Yeah, I've been watchingthem withmy kids. I loved the ones done in the late 80's as well. I like watching to see some famous actors when they were young and somewhat unknown. I think my favorite one is "The Monsters are due on Maple Street" it was one of the originals and remade during the 80's as well. I like it because I have my 7th graders read it and view it as a means of teaching against prejudice and the results of jumpiing to conclusions.

bearfan
07-04-2008, 10:52 PM
I really like them...unfortunantly we dont get the SciFi channel. We did get my dad all of season one, so we watched majority of those. I like the one where the guy tries to cheat death, and then ends up outsmarting him. Other shows he has gotten us into: Quantam Leap, Star Trek: The Next Gen.

Bruce Banner
07-04-2008, 10:59 PM
My favorite episode is the one where the woman keeps getting phone calls at night and the voice on the other line is muffled and it makes her go crazy and what not.
Basically she ends up rolling down the street (wheelchair bound) and sees that the phone line has fallen from the poles into the cemetery.....where her fiancÚ is buried.
I will look it up...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Call_(The_Twilight_Zone)

CJSchneider
07-05-2008, 12:21 AM
William Shatner's line, "There's...something...on the wing!" is classic.

Staubach12
07-05-2008, 03:16 AM
It's such a great show, I wish I washed it more often. Yay, I got this one right!

Ness
07-05-2008, 03:50 AM
One of my favorite series. I've seen so many I'm not sure which one is my favorite. I'll tell you this though: my favorite ones are the episodes that end with no answer, as you see the characters trapped in a situation without a resolution...where the characters seem to continue down the path of the unknown while they're in a situation they don't want to be in. This is probably been the one show that frightened me the most, just because as a viewer you were left with more questions than answers. Truly an awesome show.

eaglesfan_45
07-05-2008, 04:44 AM
It's such a great show, I wish I washed it more often. Yay, I got this one right!

nope, try again

farfromforgotten
07-05-2008, 06:59 AM
I think my favorite one is "The Monsters are due on Maple Street" it was one of the originals and remade during the 80's as well. I like it because I have my 7th graders read it and view it as a means of teaching against prejudice and the results of jumpiing to conclusions.

Thats a great idea. Very cool.

farfromforgotten
07-05-2008, 07:30 AM
This is probably been the one show that frightened me the most, just because as a viewer you were left with more questions than answers. Truly an awesome show.

I feel the same way. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that loves this show. I've tried to talk about it with friends and family but no one I know seems to watch it and I start telling them about some of my favorite episodes and they are like man, thats good.

There are some episode spoilers below:

To Serve Man - "Its a cook book!" Love it.

I also like the one where the astronauts crash and they believe they are stuck on another planet and the one guy goes crazy real fast and kills the other astronauts to take their food and water, only to find out that after walking for several hours in the desert he see's a road with a sign that says 50 miles to Reno (I think its Reno). He is so happy when he finds out he is still on earth, then he realizes he just killed those other astronauts for no reason. Love it. It is called "I shot an arrow into the air".

Time Enough At Last, The Midnight Sun, Spur of the Moment to name a few, are also ones I enjoyed.

I didnt care as much for the shows made in the 80's. Though I do love "Button, Button". A couple are strapped for cash and going through hard times. One night a man in a suit wearing sunglasses knocks on their door. He hands them a box and says something like "in the box there is a button, if you press the button I will return the next day with a suitcase with $200,000 in it and someone you dont know in the world will die." The man leaves. The husband says no, no way. I cant do that. The wife says, but it will be someone we dont know. We need the money. It could just be an old person or someone who was gonna die anyway. The husband says no and throws it in the trash. They go to bed. In the middle of the night, the wife gets up and pushes the button. The next morning the man in the suit and sunglasses knocks on the door and hands them a suitcase with the money in it and asks to have the box back. He then says "now someone in the world who you dont know has died". I will offer the box to someone else now. To someone who doesnt know YOU. The man leaves and it shows a close up of the husband and wife then the show ends. Classic.

Staubach12
07-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Dang... I really thought I had that one last night.

kalbears13
07-05-2008, 02:48 PM
http://id.mind.net/~truwe/tina/tina2.JPG
scariest. episode. ever.

http://www.rodserling.com/images/pubMasks01.jpg

http://j00.st/1yCjPhFZ2zYdEmvEz66Lcg.jpg

http://www.ttf.org/images/time-enough.jpg