PDA

View Full Version : defence and OL and LB

norsemenfootball
07-04-2008, 04:21 PM
do u think they made the right choice in taking Gosder instead of Otah

and why do we run the tampa 2 what if we switch to like a 3-4 how do think we would do defencisve wise.

and y Dizon we couldve gotten him in the late 3rd mayb early 4th y him and not ADIBI who is one of the fastest LB and isnt the mike in our scheme suppsoed to be fast and drop into coverage well and Adibi had i think 8 ints thts the mosr of any LB y dizon and not adibi

and is Campbell going to be a LB or SS and which of our drat picks will start/play next season besides Gosder thats a given

Addict
07-05-2008, 07:40 AM

and why do we run the tampa 2 what if we switch to like a 3-4 how do think we would do defencisve wise.

and y Dizon we couldve gotten him in the late 3rd mayb early 4th y him and not ADIBI who is one of the fastest LB and isnt the mike in our scheme suppsoed to be fast and drop into coverage well and Adibi had i think 8 ints thts the mosr of any LB y dizon and not adibi

and is Campbell going to be a LB or SS and which of our drat picks will start/play next season besides Gosder thats a given

well, Otah was a risk because he's so raw, Cherilus is generally considered the best right tackle prospect in the draft, since the FO has pretty much decided Buckus is our LT, so Gosder makes more sense than most other tackles.

We run the tampa 2 because Marinelli is a former Tampa DC, and knows the system as well as anyone, the 3-4 would be a disaster because we lack a NT and depth at linebacker, plus we'd take a lot of focus away from our top defensive player Ernie Sims.

Dizon is essentially a perfect Tampa 2 prospect and Marinelli was very excited about him. He'll play MLB, not OLB so Adibi wouldn't make any sense and I do want to remind you of Adibi's 40 times at the combine: 4.69, so 'fast' really isn't a word i'd use.

Campbell will be moved to OLB I think.

Starters... Cherilus, Dizon, Smith (parttime), Fluellen (parttime) and Avril (parttime)

PACKmanN
07-07-2008, 03:28 AM
Gosder>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Otah. Its not even close. I actually like the draft. This has a chance at being one of the Lions best draft in a long time. Including their offseason.

Addict
07-07-2008, 04:39 AM
Gosder>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Otah. Its not even close. I actually like the draft. This has a chance at being one of the Lions best draft in a long time. Including their offseason.

As a RT I'm with you 100% however Otah does have LT potential, even though he has a high bust factor.

norsemenfootball
07-07-2008, 11:17 PM
yea i still think we should have gotten OWen schitt FB WVU but i do like felton he seems to be like a heavier leonard weaver the fb for seattle

and do u guys think we shouldve gone with chalres in the 3rd or was smith the right choice i like the running combo of tashard choice and jammal charles i think they would complement each other good and y dont we ever draft SEC guys??

Addict
07-08-2008, 04:56 AM
yea i still think we should have gotten OWen schitt FB WVU but i do like felton he seems to be like a heavier leonard weaver the fb for seattle

and do u guys think we shouldve gone with chalres in the 3rd or was smith the right choice i like the running combo of tashard choice and jammal charles i think they would complement each other good and y dont we ever draft SEC guys??

Charles didn't make sense. Smith is perfect for the ZBS we're putting in, and we already have a speed back in Tatum Bell.

norsemenfootball
07-08-2008, 08:21 PM
true but tatum needs to devevlop in our system and what do u think about drew coming in this yr could he challange jon for the starting job and what about the free agent from hillsdale

what if we had drafted erik agine i was rlly liknig him in our system now

did buster davis and ernie sims playing together at FSU??

Scotty D
07-12-2008, 06:58 AM

I think the better question is should we have stayed where we were and taken Brandon Albert. Other GMs have had the balls to draft a stud LT and move the veteran big money LT to the right side (Chicago with Tait and Cleveland with Schaffer). Gosder was the best pick if we had no intentions of looking for a LTT.

Dizon would not have made it out of the second round. The Colts would have drafted him with their second rounder. They grabbed Phillip Wheeler later on who has a very similar skillset to Dizon. Dizon never got a lot of hype on nfldraftcountdown or many sites in general, but we did not reach on him.

Campbell is going to try and make the team as a SLB. We are way to deep at S for him to even have a chance.

Gosder - Starting RT from week 1
Dizon - Starter at SLB from week 1, starts at MLB if he has a good camp
Kevin Smith - I can see a running back by committee at the beginning of the season. Hopefully Calhoun contributes something. Bell has the lead to start at the moment.
Andre Fluellen - I'm not going expect much from him this year barring injury. His presence leaves Moore and Cody fighting for a roster spot.
Cliff Avril - Should see a lot of playing time. Our DE spot opposite White is going be a revolving door of Devries, IAF, Avril
Felton - In a dream world he would be our short yardage back. I'm not getting my hopes up.
Cohen - Longshot for roster and any impact this year. Prime practice squad candidate
Campbell - Has to fight Anthony Cannon and Buster Davis for a roster spot.

true but tatum needs to devevlop in our system and what do u think about drew coming in this yr could he challange jon for the starting job and what about the free agent from hillsdale

Early reports of Stanton have not been promising. Read he was having problems throwing spirals. But I would not be surprised to see him starting around week 6-8. If Kitna is not injured and Stanton starts this year then we are picking top 5.

I'd still like to see what Dan Orlovsky can do. Its a shame he hasn't had a chance to start a game through our years of misery.

PACKmanN
07-13-2008, 12:07 AM

Bell has been in a ZBS since the day he became drafted, he is a perfect fit in your system.

Drew needs more time to develop.

Davis doesn't have the speed to play in the cover 2.

Addict
07-13-2008, 05:01 AM
Stanton needs more time, but I think he could be a solid starter.

norsemenfootball
07-13-2008, 10:06 AM
What r the chances that brett farve could sign with us i was thinking maybe 1 and 1,000,000,000,000

and what r the chances of lamont jordan signing with us is he a good fit for our scheme

Addict
07-13-2008, 10:15 AM
What r the chances that brett farve could sign with us i was thinking maybe 1 and 1,000,000,000,000

and what r the chances of lamont jordan signing with us is he a good fit for our scheme

none and none.

LaMont Jordan is essentially an older, slower Kevin Smith.