PDA

View Full Version : Bozo the Clown is dead

Bruce Banner
07-04-2008, 11:36 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080704/ap_on_en_tv/obit_harmon_19

I really don't have anything funny or witty to say about this. Not that it would be in good taste, mind you.

Let the "I hate clowns" comments begin.

fischbowl
07-04-2008, 11:46 PM
For all you baseball fans, his son is Angels prospect Trevor Bell.

Anywho, RIP to a great entertainer

StripedWalrus
07-04-2008, 11:48 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080704/ap_on_en_tv/obit_harmon_19

I really don't have anything funny or witty to say about this. Not that it would be in good taste, mind you.

Let the "I hate clowns" comments begin.

"I hate clowns"

eh I guess he wasnt the scariest of all the clowns out there...but he definantly didnt help with my fear...now that he is dead he will become a more powerful ghost clown that will wreak havoc on children's and adult's bedtime habits everywhere!

Hawk
07-04-2008, 11:53 PM
For all you baseball fans, his son is Angels prospect Trevor Bell.

Anywho, RIP to a great entertainer

His grandson I believe

LonghornsLegend
07-05-2008, 12:02 AM
Personally i always liked Homey the Clown better:D

RIP nonetheless.

WMD
07-05-2008, 12:25 AM
I used to watch Bozo all the time. Obviously the highlight of the show was seeing if the kid could win the "nice, crisp, 100 Dollar Bill" in the little bucket toss game. For the uninitiated, this was done by getting the ball in every bucket. The $100 Bill was waiting for them in the 6th one.

Bruce Banner
07-05-2008, 12:26 AM
I used to watch Bozo all the time. Obviously the highlight of the show was seeing if the kid could win the "nice, crisp, 100 Dollar Bill" in the little bucket toss game.

I always told myself that I would dominate that game.

WMD
07-05-2008, 12:32 AM
I always told myself that I would dominate that game.

Yeah it always seemed pretty ridiculous that someone would lose in it.. But I guess Bozo is an intimidating person, so that could make you nervous. And who knows, maybe he was yelling at them to screw up, off camera.

VoteLynnSwan
07-05-2008, 12:38 AM
Yeah it always seemed pretty ridiculous that someone would lose in it.. But I guess Bozo is an intimidating person, so that could make you nervous. And who knows, maybe he was yelling at them to screw up, off camera.

i don't know if you've ever played Bozo buckets at an arcade... but it's actually really tough.

brat316
07-05-2008, 12:53 AM
I remember watching him when I was in Michagan. Was he on Nick because I don't remember seeing him after I moved

Well no suprise everyone dies from when you were a kid.

WMD
07-05-2008, 12:59 AM
I remember watching him when I was in Michagan. Was he on Nick because I don't remember seeing him after I moved

Actually, everybody dies.. not just the people that were around when you were a kid. Hope that doesn't change any of your future plans.

Wootylicous
07-05-2008, 01:00 AM
WMD you're so harsh.

brat316
07-05-2008, 01:30 AM
Actually, everybody dies.. not just the people that were around when you were a kid. Hope that doesn't change any of your future plans.

Ahhhhhhhh you ruined my plans of living forever and looking 25ish

MetSox17
07-05-2008, 05:07 AM

Hahaha.. you literally made me lol

Jay
07-05-2008, 06:49 AM

I think he was on WGN which is a Chicago station available nationally in a lot of areas...

trkaline
07-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Another Clown off the streets the world is a little safer now...Now it's time to take out Ronald...except he's been in hiding since that episode of To Catch A Predator aired...

bored of education
07-07-2008, 01:36 PM
RIP bozo :( :(

diabsoule
07-07-2008, 02:59 PM
I used to watch Bozo quite a bit.

The_Dude
07-07-2008, 06:37 PM
I think he was on WGN which is a Chicago station available nationally in a lot of areas...

I heard on the radio today that "Bozo" the clown was franchised to cities all over the U.S. The guy made millions off of it. The most popular was the one in Chicago on WGN... i remember watching it when i was a kid.

Another Clown off the streets the world is a little safer now...Now it's time to take out Ronald...except he's been in hiding since that episode of To Catch A Predator aired...

I agree, man. Clowns scare the **** out of me. I think that Bozo was the template for Pennywise the clown in "It".... creepy