PDA

View Full Version : Jasper Brinkley

wicket
07-05-2008, 03:11 PM
The main point of this topic is: He gets credit for being one of the best college LB's around, however when looking at his draft grade he at best seems a very late round pick. What is the deal here, has he got an incorrectable flaw to his game, will he be to light fysically (like they said of lofa topofu (or what is name is precisely)).

Sniper
07-05-2008, 03:33 PM
The main point of this topic is: He gets credit for being one of the best college LB's around, however when looking at his draft grade he at best seems a very late round pick. What is the deal here, has he got an incorrectable flaw to his game, will he be to light fysically (like they said of lofa topofu (or what is name is precisely)).

I don't know if he will be too light physically (hooray for spelling!) and it's Lofa Tatupu. Considering he's between 260-265 pounds, I'd say he should actually shed a few pounds.

Cigaro
07-05-2008, 03:38 PM
Yeah he's far from light. He's pretty big from a linebacker. He's at 275 currently, will play at around 260-265. He'll shoot up the boards if he comes back from his injury and plays the way he did pre-injury and would most likely be either the first or second 3-4 ILB selected depending on what system Maualuga gets drafted into.

BaLLiN
07-05-2008, 06:58 PM
he wouldve been a late 2nd or early 3rd this season most likely

Bruce Banner
07-05-2008, 07:10 PM
fysically

holy ****!!!!
Was that on purpose!?

Sniper
07-05-2008, 07:11 PM
holy ****!!!!
Was that on purpose!?

I doubt it. The spelling and grammar on this site have the ability to make Jesus' eyes bleed.

BaLLiN
07-05-2008, 09:59 PM
yea, im pretty sure my 6 year old cousin knows how to spell that

steelernation77
07-06-2008, 01:08 PM
I doubt it. The spelling and grammar on this site have the ability to make Jesus' eyes bleed.

cut the guy a break, he's from Holland

wicket
07-06-2008, 02:00 PM
yes i kinda make stupid mistakes sometimes and since english is not my native language i don't see it always, although i must admit the f was just pure lazyness.

Wootylicous
07-06-2008, 02:30 PM
Ah I feel you wicket. As for the guys who makes fun of that well...I won't say anything but it's classless.

Anyway, Jasper Brinkley is a beast and he could likely be a second rounder next year. I really thought he would've been the first LB taken in this year draft.

Addict
07-06-2008, 02:48 PM
yea, im pretty sure my 6 year old cousin knows how to spell that

as said earlier, Wicket's Dutch, just like me. We do make errors every now and again.

lordquas
07-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Ah I feel you wicket. As for the guys who makes fun of that well...I won't say anything but it's classless.

Anyway, Jasper Brinkley is a beast and he could likely be a second rounder next year. I really thought he would've been the first LB taken in this year draft.

No way in hell Brinkley would've been selected top 10 in the draft. Keith Rivers went #9 because he had talent, physical tools, and he was versatile. Brinkleys about 20 pounds overweight and I seriously dont think he has any sort of NFL speed.
I'd rank Brinkley behind not only Rivers, but also behind guys like Jerod Mayo, Dan Connor, Curtis Lofton, and Tavares Gooden.

Cigaro
07-06-2008, 04:18 PM
No way in hell Brinkley would've been selected top 10 in the draft. Keith Rivers went #9 because he had talent, physical tools, and he was versatile. Brinkleys about 20 pounds overweight and I seriously dont think he has any sort of NFL speed.
I'd rank Brinkley behind not only Rivers, but also behind guys like Jerod Mayo, Dan Connor, Curtis Lofton, and Tavares Gooden.

lol at overweight and no speed. There isn't a set playing size for all linebackers, it's whatever that player plays well at. Jasper Brinley was an All-SEC linebacker at 260, which is about what the guy in your sig plays at. And have you watched him play? Sure he isn't gonna chase down a wide receiver or run a 4.4 40, but he was constantly tracking down running backs and tight ends, which is what a linebacker does. He should run in the 4.7s at the Combine, which is pretty good for someone his size.

Sniper
07-06-2008, 05:42 PM

He has better than NFL speed. HE HAS SECZZZZZ SPEEEEEEEEDZZZZZZ!

Oh hey Woot, English isn't my first language either. Vive le francais!

Bruce Banner
07-06-2008, 05:59 PM
He has better than NFL speed. HE HAS SECZZZZZ SPEEEEEEEEDZZZZZZ!

Oh hey Woot, English isn't my first language either. Vive le francais!

Don't even try. Apparently he isn't on the low level of classlessness that we are.

America
07-06-2008, 08:58 PM
I'm a big fan of Jasper Brinkley. His performance during the 2006 season was incredible. He reminds me of a young Jerimiah Trotter. It's amazing such a big man can be as nimble as he is, but I'm worried after coming off an ACL surgery, he will take some time to regain his agility. He has a lot of weight on his shoulders, and his knee will feel that weight. I think he should shed some weight for the sake of testing well, but steadily put it back on after a couple of years so he can return to his pre-injury form.

Rob S
07-07-2008, 12:47 AM
i bet his english is better than any of our dutch........and dutch people own at languages so dont hate

eaglesfan_45
07-07-2008, 03:14 AM
Jasper Brinkley is tailor made for a 3-4 ILB spot. He is a potential 2nd Round pick but, he was injured last year, so if there are any remaining effects, his stock will drop.

Addict
07-07-2008, 03:59 AM
i bet his english is better than any of our dutch........and dutch people own at languages so dont hate

that's because Dutch is virtually impossible to learn to speak properly for a non-native... too many random rules and exceptions to them. On the bright side we do get English lessons early, and most tv is subtitled.

Pokeys
12-01-2008, 04:46 PM
Brinkley is better than Gooden.

Dowdy
01-01-2009, 11:05 AM
It's really a shame that Brinkley was hurt, he looked so good in 2006 and probably would have flirted with being a first rounder.

How has he looked this season coming back from the injury? He seems to have put on some weight, which has slowed him down a bit. His stats are down as well. Where is his stock now?

thenewfeature06
01-01-2009, 11:08 AM
dowdy i understand that he has slowed down but he can easily rekindle his flame

Cigaro
01-01-2009, 11:46 AM
It's really a shame that Brinkley was hurt, he looked so good in 2006 and probably would have flirted with being a first rounder.

How has he looked this season coming back from the injury? He seems to have put on some weight, which has slowed him down a bit. His stats are down as well. Where is his stock now?

His stats are down because he was the only legitimate player who wasn't a freshman on the '06 defense. He does seem a little slower, but he still could make a good inside linebacker in a 3-4.

chimingin
03-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Jasper weighs 252
A very solid 252. He lost down from 275 for the combine and the draft. He's in great shape and his knee is 100%. I coached him way back when.
He came by and spoke to some of my kids today...
He's heading to Miami tomorrow
Dallas and Cleveland next week.

Projected in the first three rounds...
Not to mention an absolute class act to take time out to spend with kids. Both Jap and Cap are quality young men and you'll see them for a long time to come.

Sniper
03-24-2009, 06:49 PM
Someone knows how to use the search function? Sweet!

I think Brinkley would do well in an aggressive scheme. I wouldn't mind seeing the Eagles grab him in the fourth or so.

Halsey
03-24-2009, 06:50 PM
Before he got injured in 2007 he looked like a sure first rounder in my amateur, humble opinion. When he returned in 2008 he looked considerably slower. If he can regain his pre-injury speed look out.

ElectricEye
03-24-2009, 08:08 PM
He's a first round talent when healthy. Absolutely made to play ILB in a 3-4. Cutting that weight could be a real good thing for him.

TNPatsFan
03-24-2009, 08:27 PM
Before he got hurt he was a second or third round talent. The reason is he was great against the run but horrible in pass coverage. He would have been a two down player in the NFL. Teams don't spend first round picks on LB's who can't play three downs. Then he got hurt and when he returned he wasn't even close to the player he used to be. He's a late round pick at best in my opinion.

oldman9er
03-24-2009, 08:41 PM
I would love it if Brinkley is available for my 9ers in the 4th round. He would be a great fit for our 3-4 D, and could learn a lot behind Takeo Spikes.

YAYareaRB
03-24-2009, 08:47 PM
He's coming to team with Patrick Willis..

/thread

/your favorite RB's life.

ElectricEye
03-24-2009, 09:05 PM
Before he got hurt he was a second or third round talent. The reason is he was great against the run but horrible in pass coverage. He would have been a two down player in the NFL. Teams don't spend first round picks on LB's who can't play three downs. Then he got hurt and when he returned he wasn't even close to the player he used to be. He's a late round pick at best in my opinion.

He's looked as quick as he used to since dropping the weight and I never found him to be THAT offensive in coverage. More of a thumper for sure, but those are useful in the NFL.

Dark Knight01
03-26-2009, 03:15 PM
Isn't there already a thread for Brinkley?

He is a solid thumper type LB who can play as a SAM or MLB IMO.....maybe an ILB in a 3-4.

A 3rd or 4th Round pick for sure.

If a team takes him in the 2nd Round, then they will be reaching a bit.

Jakey
03-26-2009, 05:55 PM
Isn't there already a thread for Brinkley?

He is a solid thumper type LB who can play as a SAM or MLB IMO.....maybe an ILB in a 3-4.

A 3rd or 4th Round pick for sure.

If a team takes him in the 2nd Round, then they will be reaching a bit.

Id be happy for the Steelers to take him at the end of the 2nd...but i guess it would be a slight reach. Give him a year or 2 behind James Farrior...Line him up next to Lawrence Timmons, and youve got a taylor made 3-4 ILB duo :)