PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys to make 1 or 2 signings early in FA

TNewFan41
02-28-2007, 06:42 PM
On Talkin' Cowboys today Stephen Jones (Jerry Jones' brother, 2nd in command if you will, I don't exactly no his full title) said that the Cowboys will make 1 or 2 signings early in FA. Mick and Bill said that their best bet would be any 2 of an Offensive Lineman, Ken Hamlin, or a Back-Up QB.

I agree comepletely, it has to be either Ken Hamlin, and O-Lineman, and/or a back-up QB.

Thoughts?

D-Unit
02-28-2007, 06:53 PM
On Talkin' Cowboys today Stephen Jones (Jerry Jones' brother, 2nd in command if you will, I don't exactly no his full title) said that the Cowboys will make 1 or 2 signings early in FA. Mick and Bill said that their best bet would be any 2 of an Offensive Lineman, Ken Hamlin, or a Back-Up QB.

I agree comepletely, it has to be either Ken Hamlin, and O-Lineman, and/or a back-up QB.

Thoughts?
If it's Hamlin, I will stop my whining over Nelson and just admire his play from afar. I really like Hamlin. I had him on my fantasy team in 2003 and that's when I first started to like him. He's nasty. A combination of him and Watkins would actually work out very nicely.

...don't really care what Guard they get... Plenty of good ones... Anything should be better than Rivera.

TNewFan41
02-28-2007, 06:55 PM
Agreed on the last part, but I love Dielman.

mtmock
02-28-2007, 06:57 PM
how good is hamlin ...stats starts...i don't know him that well...is he good at covering...some1 want 2 fill me in please?

D-Unit
02-28-2007, 06:58 PM
I kinda wish we were going for LaVar Arrington.

D-Unit
02-28-2007, 07:04 PM
how good is hamlin ...stats starts...i don't know him that well...is he good at covering...some1 want 2 fill me in please?
He's a good tackler. Always apart of the action. Ballhawk? Not really... but just a notch below. He'll make a few plays that make you feel thankful for having him. Recovered from a major bar fight injury. Not the coverage playmaker like Nelson though. I'd rather go with Nelson. ...but this could work out nice too.

mtmock
02-28-2007, 07:07 PM
we just need a cover safety he sounds good but i think we should draft Nelson too...or if he isn't there the best available DB

D-Unit
02-28-2007, 07:30 PM
I think Brad Johnson could find his way here as our back up QB.

Ward
02-28-2007, 07:55 PM
I kinda wish we were going for LaVar Arrington.

Arrington in situational blitzing would be tons of fun to see in Phillips' D.

D-Unit
02-28-2007, 07:59 PM
Arrington in situational blitzing would be tons of fun to see in Phillips' D.
I know I'm day dreaming... but... Here's why it would work...

1) He should be cheaper than he has been in the past.
2) He tried to throw it in Washington's face, by signing with the Giants... With us, he can throw it in both of their faces.
3) We only need him in a limited role.

Macarthur
02-28-2007, 08:14 PM
I would like Brad Johnson, also.

TNewFan41
02-28-2007, 08:17 PM
I actually want Aaron Brooks. He is a decent QB. Everyone looks horrinle when they are ont he Raiders. Throw Peyton or Brady there and they still suck.

thule
02-28-2007, 08:58 PM
I actually want Aaron Brooks. He is a decent QB. Everyone looks horrinle when they are ont he Raiders. Throw Peyton or Brady there and they still suck.

He looked equally bad for the Saints tho.

M.O.T.H.
03-01-2007, 12:57 AM
Isnt Arrington retiring?

LSUALUM99
03-01-2007, 01:13 AM
I'd like Patrick Ramsey who was just cut today. Much younger than Johnson and would be ok for a game or two here and there.

As for Hamlin, he was an absolute beast in college. I hated when we played them. Haven't seen much of him in the pros since I watch VERY few Seattle games.

M.O.T.H.
03-01-2007, 01:19 AM
Ken Hamlin has been very solid in the pros...Nearly 100 tackles this past year. Problem is... He is coming off another fantastic year and the team with the most money to spend, the 49ers seemed to be enamoroued with him. We cant get into a bidding war with the niners...one thing we do have going for us... Jerry Jones and Hamlin each share Arkansas roots, perhaps that could play a role. It's looking like Hamlin is going to get close to top notch money, I really dont think we could get him.

FinChase
03-01-2007, 08:52 AM
I'd like Patrick Ramsey who was just cut today. Much younger than Johnson and would be ok for a game or two here and there.

As for Hamlin, he was an absolute beast in college. I hated when we played them. Haven't seen much of him in the pros since I watch VERY few Seattle games.

I hadn't heard that Ramsay had been released. Yeah, I'd like him for our backup also. Never thought he got a fair shot in Washington.

Im_a_Romosexual
03-01-2007, 10:34 AM
I know I'm day dreaming... but... Here's why it would work...

1) He should be cheaper than he has been in the past.
2) He tried to throw it in Washington's face, by signing with the Giants... With us, he can throw it in both of their faces.
3) We only need him in a limited role.

I could definately see it happening and he's still pretty young although he has had some major injuries. Also the knock on him was that he never played "in" the defense and we could use him just to get after the QB

LSUALUM99
03-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Arrington's career is over guys. His injuries have made him a shell of what he was once capable of being.

Staubach12
03-01-2007, 04:17 PM
I hope it's Hamlin and a decent Guard. If we do that, I'll be the happiest man on earth. I agree with LSU about Arrington. We all saw him play in Washington and New York. He's just not the guy he once was. As far as QB, I wouldn't mind seeing Tim Rattay here. I doubt he's one of those first day signing guys, so if we sign him it'll be a bit later IMO.

So in conclusion, I think the two early signings we'll see are Leonard Davis and Ken Hamlin.

Poet3334
03-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Nice Sig Staubach. I'd rather have Nelson, sign a guard and a QB. If it's Hamlin though, I'd be okay with it.

D-Unit
03-01-2007, 04:30 PM
Arrington's career is over guys. His injuries have made him a shell of what he was once capable of being.
He still performed very well before his injury this past season. Maybe he'll play well after this, maybe he won't. Regardless, it's just a thought... No one will be crying if we don't get him.

TH3
03-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Aaron Brooks as a back up anyone?

TH3
03-01-2007, 04:50 PM
also Kenyatta Walker anyone?

Poet3334
03-01-2007, 04:57 PM
Aaron Brooks as a back up anyone?

I'd rather have Patrick Ramsey because he's younger.

reigle9
03-02-2007, 01:52 PM
I'd rather draft a QB in the third round to be the backup. Good to have a young QB with the chance he turns into a Shaub that other teams would want.

As for the FA signings:
Eric Steinbach (probably too much money, but would love to have him)
Kris Dielman (same as Steinbach)
Derrick Dockery (should be cheaper than the other two)

Ken Hamlin

Leonard Davis

I think it's going to be one of the guards and Hamlin.

Macarthur
03-02-2007, 01:54 PM
If they do sign Davis and Hamlin (I would good with that), what direction do they go in the draft. That really leaves no glaring hole to fill. That's a great problem to have, but does this point to them trading down?

As for QB, I would be in favor of Ramsey or Rattay.

TheFan0520
03-03-2007, 01:45 PM
Heck no to Aaron Brooks. I'd rather have Kerry Collins. Who is better, Deon Grant or Ken Hamlin?

ncbigbody
03-03-2007, 01:56 PM
I'd rather have Patrick Ramsey because he's younger.

I'd rather have neither, because they are both worthless. Brad Johnson would be a solid acquisition.

I like Rattay too.

Modano
03-03-2007, 02:04 PM
Right now I want Jordan Black.. He has experience at both tackle and guard.. If we sign him do you want him to play LT RT or guard?