PDA

View Full Version : Xio's NHL Player Draft

Pages : [1] 2

Xiomera
07-07-2008, 01:07 PM
OK, here we go again . . . looking for 8 participants.

The intent is to build a team that is best able to compete for Championships in the next four years.

The draft will be 22 rounds long. You will select 13 forwards, 7 defenseman, and 2 netminders. You will assemble 4 forward lines, 3 pairs of defenseman, as well as having 2 reserve skaters and 2 goalies. Two Power Play and Penalty Killing units will need to be listed, and you have to designate a captain and two assistants when the draft is completed.

Participants -
1. Xiomera
2. DJP
3. SuperMcGee
4. familyguy
5. JF4
6. Sniper
7. Jensen
8. Bills

JF4
07-07-2008, 01:17 PM
When do you plan on getting her started? I vote for ASAP.

Xiomera
07-07-2008, 01:20 PM
When do you plan on getting her started? I vote for ASAP.

Today . . . just waiting on confirmation from the final people I invited.

All spots appear to be full now.

Sorry if you missed out folks.

djp
07-07-2008, 01:27 PM
lets do it

Sniper
07-07-2008, 01:29 PM
lets do it

Draft order?

Xiomera
07-07-2008, 01:30 PM
I will do up the draft order once I get confirmation from our final participant.

Xiomera
07-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Canadian_Kid will be providing round by round analysis throughout the draft as one of our judges.

Sniper
07-07-2008, 01:40 PM
So yeah, when are you gonna hear from Chucky?

djp
07-07-2008, 02:05 PM
Let's give him last pick and then if he's not here by the time he's up, move on.

Xiomera
07-07-2008, 02:16 PM
OK, I will make up the draft order now. I'll be using http://www.random.org/lists/ to determine the order.

Chucky will be moved to last regardless of where his name comes up in the order.

Xiomera
07-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Draft Order

1. DJP
2. Jensen
3. JF4
4. Sniper
5. Xiomera
6. familyguy
7. SuperMcGee
8. Bills

Bills2083
07-07-2008, 02:44 PM
I'm just posting here so I can see it in my User CP

Xiomera
07-07-2008, 02:45 PM
I'm just posting here so I can see it in my User CP

Bills replaces Chucky. Chucky hasn't posted since Wednesday it appears.

Eaglez.Fan
07-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Damnit, I had Drivers Ed. today. I'll be the 1st replacement.

Xiomera
07-07-2008, 03:08 PM
All spots are full EF, but I need another judge. Canadian Kid is one of the judges.

Canadian_kid16
07-07-2008, 03:22 PM
If the first round is done before 7 EST...I'll be doing the analysis then...just a heads up for anyone who might be interested

Bills2083
07-07-2008, 03:30 PM
Xio, did McGee say when he was getting out of work?

djp
07-07-2008, 03:34 PM
Let's just give him Chris Simon

Bills2083
07-07-2008, 03:36 PM
Let's just give him Chris Simon

lol, it sounds good to me ;)

BTW, Xio, my big board is on the way because I have to leave soon.
Also, what is the time limit?

Xiomera
07-07-2008, 03:36 PM
Xio, did McGee say when he was getting out of work?

He did not. After the second round we will start using a clock. It will likely be an hour clock, just as in previous drafts, and it will run from noon to midnight et.

Xiomera
07-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Sorry there is a delay guys, but I don't believe in skipping people in the first couple rounds. It totally ruins that teams chances to compete right from the start.

I have Bills picks for when the time comes.

Eaglez.Fan
07-07-2008, 05:03 PM
Okay, I'll judge/analize. Pierre McGuire got nothin' on me.

Sniper
07-07-2008, 05:05 PM
Okay, I'll judge/analize. Pierre McGuire got nothin' on me.

Pierre's too busy with Dion Phaneuf's nuts at the moment to judge this.

Xiomera
07-07-2008, 05:15 PM
I hate Pierre. The greatest sight in the world was him interviewing Ozzie right after they won the cup. Pierre was bashing Ozzie and the Wings goaltending at the start of the playoffs and throughout, saying they were too old and not good enough.

Ozzie wins, haha.

Xiomera
07-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Man, every pick lately has been made by me off a list . . . I hope people are gonna be around a little more than this. I don't want to be responsable for every pick.

Canadian_kid16
07-07-2008, 09:30 PM
First Round Analysis

Well, not many surprises going on in the first round, and really, that’s the way the first round is supposed to be. With the way the draft order was set up, the first five picks seemed to be somewhat of locks, and the order of Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin, Datsyuk and Zetterberg wasn’t surprising at all. In my opinion, the best pick of the round was Ovechkin. He’s the best player in the National Hockey League, plain and simple. He can skate, shoot, dangle, and, unlike Crosby, he can play a physical game as well, bouncing off of other players like nothing. While there are no truly bad picks of round one, I will have to go with the last pick in the round as the worst one, with Kovalchuk going to Bills. While there is little wrong with the pick, Kovalchuk’s lack of defensive skill will set him back a bit when it comes to playing on the top line. All around, 8 solid picks were made, and it will be interesting to see the style that each member builds for. Analysis of Round two coming up.

Might be a little short, but its hard to judge picks so early in the draft. I'll probably be refining the presentation aspect as well.

djp
07-07-2008, 09:47 PM
I'm jacked about my 3 centers.

Bills2083
07-07-2008, 10:15 PM
canadian, who do you think I should've gone with at #8?

Sniper
07-07-2008, 10:15 PM
First Round Analysis

Well, not many surprises going on in the first round, and really, that’s the way the first round is supposed to be. With the way the draft order was set up, the first five picks seemed to be somewhat of locks, and the order of Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin, Datsyuk and Zetterberg wasn’t surprising at all. In my opinion, the best pick of the round was Ovechkin. He’s the best player in the National Hockey League, plain and simple. He can skate, shoot, dangle, and, unlike Crosby, he can play a physical game as well, bouncing off of other players like nothing. While there are no truly bad picks of round one, I will have to go with the last pick in the round as the worst one, with Kovalchuk going to Bills. While there is little wrong with the pick, Kovalchuk’s lack of defensive skill will set him back a bit when it comes to playing on the top line. All around, 8 solid picks were made, and it will be interesting to see the style that each member builds for. Analysis of Round two coming up.

Might be a little short, but its hard to judge picks so early in the draft. I'll probably be refining the presentation aspect as well.

I don't get how you knock Kovalchuk for not having a defensive game when Ovechkin is a worse defensive player, yet you say he's the best. Ovechkin may hit more than Crosby, but he's not 1/20th of the defensive player Crosby is.

Canadian_kid16
07-07-2008, 10:17 PM
canadian, who do you think I should've gone with at #8?

you could have gone with anyone...there really weren't any bad picks in this round, hell, I would have gone Kovalchuk there too, but I tihnk that in terms of overall skill, he was the weakest pick.

Don't worry dude, it was still a solid pick, I just needed a worst pick :P

Canadian_kid16
07-07-2008, 10:18 PM
I don't get how you knock Kovalchuk for not having a defensive game when Ovechkin is a worse defensive player, yet you say he's the best. Ovechkin may hit more than Crosby, but he's not 1/20th of the defensive player Crosby is.

differing opinions I guess?

Xiomera
07-07-2008, 10:19 PM
Familyguy is OTC . . . SuperMcGee is on deck . . .

Hopefully we get through more picks tomorrow. I am going to bed shortly.

Bills2083
07-07-2008, 10:21 PM
Did either of them leave Big Boards?

Jensen
07-07-2008, 10:21 PM
I am back and should be here most of tomorrow. Thanks for making my picks Xio.

Xiomera
07-07-2008, 10:24 PM
Did either of them leave Big Boards?

No they did not. I expect this may be the end of the night.

Bills2083
07-07-2008, 10:27 PM
what time does this start up in the morning?
I'm probably going to have to send you another big board...

Xiomera
07-07-2008, 10:34 PM
what time does this start up in the morning?
I'm probably going to have to send you another big board...

Well . . . there is no strict time when pick making can begin, but the clock is gonna be used tomorrow starting at noon et. One hour clock. And for example, if there are three guys picking before you, you can pick after three hours have passed with no new picks.

Bills, you may kick off the day of selections tomorrow morning if the guys ahead of you have not picked.

SuperMcGee
07-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Well I'm here, but are we just not skipping FG?
I'm not very fond of my draft position.
And that Chris Simon business is not even funny.

Xiomera
07-07-2008, 10:41 PM
OK, we will skip FG since McGee and Bills are here.

Go ahead and pick McGee.

Xiomera
07-07-2008, 11:12 PM
Bills is now up, but it appears he has gone to bed.

If he comes back, he can pick. If not, I feel bad skipping the guy since I did say we wouldn't be skipping till tomorrow. And he has two picks here.

McGee and FG, if he doesn't pick before you guys call it a night, just send DJP or I a 3 player list and we'll make sure we pick tomorrow when Bills comes on.

familyguy555
07-07-2008, 11:12 PM
Sorry I was watching a movie. I sent a small list because I didn't think those picks would go so fast.

djp
07-07-2008, 11:19 PM
Bills, you're up homeboy!

PS Crosby > Ovechkin, I agree with Sniper.

Ovechkin can hit more and is the better goal scorer but Crosby has arguably the best ice vision of all time (Gretzky gets my vote) and is by far the superior defender.

Bills2083
07-08-2008, 08:23 AM
Sorry I didnt pick, I fell asleep.
I'll make my choice now.

Canadian_kid16
07-08-2008, 09:42 AM
Round Two Analysis

Round 2 is when the teams are still going through the star players in the league, but when they definitely should be thinking about how their team is going to be built, and what type of style their teams will employ: whether they want to win ala New Jersey with a suffocating trap system, or win ala Pittsburgh, who employs a multi-lined offensive attack. Bills leads off round two with a spectacular pick to compliment Ilya Kovalchuk in Joe Thornton, arguably the top playmaker in the NHL. Bills has two thirds of a very solid top line forming, and if he can get some solid top defenseman, his top line should be a very well rounded one.

With McGee’s pick, he went to Calgary again, selecting defenseman Dion Phaneuf. It’s hard to tell exactly where McGee’s strategy is going, but it seems he is going for a well-rounded team, with players who can provide both offensive prowess and suffocating defensive abilities, who are also tough enough to intimidate any opponent that happens to come his team’s way. This team might be tough to build in the latter stages, but for a top line, well rounded can work, especially with two players like Iginla and Phaneuf.

Next up, was family guy with his pick of Dany Heatley. I’ll do my best to douse any bias I have of Heatley, and say that this was a solid compliment to the pick of Vincent in round one. Both are average defensively, and Heatley is now a version of Martin St. Louis. Family guy seems to be going for a style similar to that of Bills, getting a solid first forward line before addressing other positions.

Xio’s pick of Marian Gaborik is a similar pick to both Bills and family guy, but like I may have mentioned, in the first couple of rounds, making a bad selection is difficult unless you purposely go out of your way to pick some random fourth liner, or Sean Avery (the person who picks him, God help them). Gaborik, combined with Hank will give Xio a dominating presence up front, with at least average stability from Gaborik on the back end, and a solid defensive player in Zetterberg.

Sniper dipped into the Detroit Red Wings pool in round one, and did so again in round two, taking Pavel Datsyuk and then Nicklas Lidstrom. The Lidstrom pick, while a very good pick at the moment, could come back to bite him slightly, as the competition is required to draft the most competitive team over the next four years, and I feel that Lidstrom only has two, maybe three years left in him before he retires. At this point in time, is it a solid pick, and solidifies and already solid defensive game with Datsyuk, but I would be wary if I were Sniper, just have a backup plan if Lidstrom were to only play two or three more years, instead of the required four.

JF4 went with an interesting pick, selecting Ryan Getzlaf in round two, when he already had Evgeni Malkin at center. Only reason I say that it is interesting is because I feel that both Malkin and Getzlaf work best when they have the space and freedom that comes with playing center, and taking a second line center in round two just gets a giant “meh” reaction from me. I know how important the center position is, and I know how talented Getzlaf is, I just feel that another first line position should have been addressed.

With Jensen’s selection of Spezza, Ovechkin gets his playmaker that he needs to be able to succeed. With Spezza’s ability to put the puck in the net as well, it will relieve some of the pressure off of Ovechkin. A very good pick for Jensen, as Spezza a also a solid defensive player, registering a +26 on an Ottawa team that went from awesome to awful about halfway through the year.

The final pick of Round 2, DJP went center again, selecting Eric Staal. I have similar qualms with this pick that I do with JF4’s selection of Getzlaf. I would need to hear a reason as to why two centers were taken in the first two rounds, but this isn’t a bad pick, as center is a very important role on the team, this pick just confuses me slightly.

Best Pick of the Round: Joe Thornton, a bona fide playmaker, who can feed Kovalchuk passes all game long.

Worst pick of the Round: Eric Staal, only because he’s a center that’s on a team that also has Sidney Crosby, its definitely not a bad pick

Sniper
07-08-2008, 09:45 AM
Next up, was family guy with his pick of Dany Heatley. I’ll do my best to douse any bias I have of Heatley, and say that this was a solid compliment to the pick of Vincent in round one. Both are average defensively, and Heatley is now a version of Martin St. Louis. Family guy seems to be going for a style similar to that of Bills, getting a solid first forward line before addressing other positions.

Except that Heatley was a +33 and St. Louis -23.

Canadian_kid16
07-08-2008, 10:35 AM
Except that Heatley was a +33 and St. Louis -23.

Heatley was on the most dmoinant team in the league for half a season...St. Louis was on the worst team in the league

Sniper
07-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Heatley was on the most dmoinant team in the league for half a season...St. Louis was on the worst team in the league

Except Ottawa only finished +14 in goals.

Canadian_kid16
07-08-2008, 10:45 AM

all right...and when you're on the only good line on the worst team, you're gunna get played alot, and when you're on the worst team in the league, you're gunna be on the ice for alot of goals, even if they weren't your fault.

Remember how Tampa has no defense this year? Well they didn't have any last year as well, and seeing as St Louis' job in the defensive zone was to cover his area near the point, unless his d-man scored all 23 of those goals that led to his +/- I doubt he was at much fault in the defensive zone

Xiomera
07-08-2008, 10:46 AM

Was anyone a plus player on Tampa? Anyone better than +10? I'd have to look that up.

And CK, I would call Hank a little better than a solid defender. He is an all-world defender at his position. haha

Good write-ups though. After like 5 round, maybe you can do an early ranking.

Bills2083
07-08-2008, 10:48 AM
Xio, can I change my picks?

Xiomera
07-08-2008, 10:53 AM
Xio, can I change my picks?

You made good picks. I can't allow people to change picks once the next selection has been made.

Sorry man.

Bills2083
07-08-2008, 10:54 AM
You made good picks. I can't allow people to change picks once the next selection has been made.

Sorry man.

alright, I understand.

Xiomera
07-08-2008, 10:55 AM
alright, I understand.

What made you second guess yourself?

You picked those guys at about the same spot they typically go in these drafts. Roy was the best center available, IMO.

JF4
07-08-2008, 10:57 AM
JF4 went with an interesting pick, selecting Ryan Getzlaf in round two, when he already had Evgeni Malkin at center. Only reason I say that it is interesting is because I feel that both Malkin and Getzlaf work best when they have the space and freedom that comes with playing center, and taking a second line center in round two just gets a giant “meh” reaction from me. I know how important the center position is, and I know how talented Getzlaf is, I just feel that another first line position should have been addressed.

Damn you CK16. But you know as well as I do that a Nash, Getzlaf combination is nearly unstoppable. Just wait untill I unfold my master plan!!!!!!!!! I'm going for players that will fit well with eachother not just BPA.

Bills2083
07-08-2008, 11:00 AM
What made you second guess yourself?

You picked those guys at about the same spot they typically go in these drafts. Roy was the best center available, IMO.

I was just thinking that there are going to be good goalies available later, and I have a feeling some good defeseman are going to go before I pick next.

Xiomera
07-08-2008, 11:02 AM
I was just thinking that there are going to be good goalies available later, and I have a feeling some good defeseman are going to go before I pick next.

Ah, understandable. This is a bit unusual for only 2 defenseman to have been selected so far.

Canadian_kid16
07-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Damn you CK16. But you know as well as I do that a Nash, Getzlaf combination is nearly unstoppable. Just wait untill I unfold my master plan!!!!!!!!! I'm going for players that will fit well with eachother not just BPA.

and thats understandable lol...just saying, it seems a little weird for the first two picks...thats why there are 22+ picks left lol

Xiomera
07-08-2008, 11:17 AM
JF4 is on the clock, he has until 1:15 et

SuperMcGee
07-08-2008, 12:21 PM
Was anyone a plus player on Tampa? Anyone better than +10? I'd have to look that up.

And CK, I would call Hank a little better than a solid defender. He is an all-world defender at his position. haha

Good write-ups though. After like 5 round, maybe you can do an early ranking.

Michel Ouellet! What is he, their 12th forward now?

djp
07-08-2008, 01:18 PM
How did the town of Pominville fall past both Bills fans? Shocking! Although Super made an unbelievable pick of Marian Hossa.

Bills2083
07-08-2008, 01:23 PM
How did the town of Pominville fall past both Bills fans? Shocking! Although Super made an unbelievable pick of Marian Hossa.

Out of hope he'd fall to me at my next selection :(

Xiomera
07-08-2008, 01:27 PM
A mini-run on defenseman has begun. Burns, Kaberle, Chara, Green . . . who's next?

djp
07-08-2008, 01:29 PM
A mini-run on defenseman has begun. Burns, Kaberle, Chara, Green . . . who's next?

If the next person doesn't pick Chelios, they should be kicked out ;)

Xiomera
07-08-2008, 01:45 PM
If the next person doesn't pick Chelios, they should be kicked out ;)

Agreed. He'd be 50 years young by the end of the four year period. And considering how much experience counts, he's single handedly win you the competition.

Bills2083
07-08-2008, 01:52 PM

I guessed correctly. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon13.gif

djp
07-08-2008, 01:56 PM
The final pick of Round 2, DJP went center again, selecting Eric Staal. I have similar qualms with this pick that I do with JF4’s selection of Getzlaf. I would need to hear a reason as to why two centers were taken in the first two rounds, but this isn’t a bad pick, as center is a very important role on the team, this pick just confuses me slightly.

Best Pick of the Round: Joe Thornton, a bona fide playmaker, who can feed Kovalchuk passes all game long.

Worst pick of the Round: Eric Staal, only because he’s a center that’s on a team that also has Sidney Crosby, its definitely not a bad pick

CK... ever heard of "strong up the middle"?

Picking centers to start my draft wasn't something that I was planning on. But when I saw Staal and Kopitar still available, I took them.

The reasoning behind 3 centers...

1) Centers are going very quickly. I have 3 of the top 10 in the draft already, including the best one.

2) I started 3 great scoring lines already. No one can match that.

3) My centers are 21, 23, and 20 years old.

4) There are plenty of wings and D left

The chemistry aspect that you speak of just seems like grasping at straws in order to try to find a "worst pick" when you really can't go wrong in the first 3.

In an 8 person draft, everyone is going to have #1 centers on their 2nd and 3rd lines, so I don't understand the "qualms" you have with me taking 3 off the bat.

Xiomera
07-08-2008, 01:57 PM
McGee can be skipped at 3:25 et.

Bills, you can pick at that time.

07-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Eh, I wouldn't mind helping CK out with the round-by-round analysis.

Xiomera
07-08-2008, 01:59 PM
I am leaving for work until 8:30 et.

Send all your lists to DJP or Jensen or someone else who is around until later tonight.

DJP will be making my selections.

Xiomera
07-08-2008, 02:00 PM
Eh, I wouldn't mind helping CK out with the round-by-round analysis.

The more analysis the better. I would like to see a early team ranking after maybe the 5th round is complete.

Canadian_kid16
07-08-2008, 02:01 PM
CK... ever heard of "strong up the middle"?

Picking centers to start my draft wasn't something that I was planning on. But when I saw Staal and Kopitar still available, I took them.

The reasoning behind 3 centers...

1) Centers are going very quickly. I have 3 of the top 10 in the draft already, including the best one.

2) I started 3 great scoring lines already. No one can match that.

3) My centers are 21, 23, and 20 years old.

4) There are plenty of wings and D left

The chemistry aspect that you speak of just seems like grasping at straws in order to try to find a "worst pick" when you really can't go wrong in the first 3.

In an 8 person draft, everyone is going to have #1 centers on their 2nd and 3rd lines, so I don't understand the "qualms" you have with me taking 3 off the bat.

of course I had to pick a worst pick...if a round had two picks, and one was Crosby, and one was Ovechkin, there would still be a best pick in that round and a worst pick in that round. Seeing as I play center in hockey, I know the importance of centers...I'm just doing an analysis, and its in the first two rounds, there ARENT any bad picks, but I had to pick one

djp
07-08-2008, 02:02 PM
The more analysis the better. I would like to see a early team ranking after maybe the 5th round is complete.

Should wait until at least round 10 to do that.

SuperMcGee
07-08-2008, 02:49 PM

My list went Hossa then Pominville. If 2083 took both I would've flipped. Pommer is studly on both ends, I love the pick.

Bah, I missed Toews by 2 minutes. Stupid work computers

djp
07-08-2008, 03:07 PM
Sniper, you're up.. I have your list, and I'll give you 5-10 minutes to make your pick or I can do it.

Jensen
07-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Don't worry djp, Morrow wouldn't have made it to you anyway. I was considering taking him last round, but decided against it hoping he'd fall.

djp
07-08-2008, 03:28 PM
JF4 > Jensen > me

I wanna pick again quick, let's go!

djp
07-08-2008, 03:34 PM
Jensen, you're up homeboy. Don't take my guy or I'll kill you.

djp
07-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Gagne is an interesting pick. So good when healthy, yet the healthy part is a huge if.

Good pick based on talent, but I'm not sure he'll be able to ever play at the same pace he did before his injuries.

JF4
07-08-2008, 03:45 PM
To hell with you Jensen! TO HELL!!!!

djp
07-08-2008, 03:46 PM
Jensen, that was my pick...

I take him every time. You f***er.

djp
07-08-2008, 04:07 PM
You're killin' me Jensen... were you going to take Parise? Give me some sort of consolation here... I debated hard between him and Parise.

Jensen
07-08-2008, 04:12 PM
You're killin' me Jensen... were you going to take Parise? Give me some sort of consolation here... I debated hard between him and Parise.

Haha, yeah I was debating between them two but you made my decision much more easier. I probably would have taken Parise if you wouldn't have.

djp
07-08-2008, 04:16 PM
Haha, yeah I was debating between them two but you made my decision much more easier. I probably would have taken Parise if you wouldn't have.

Good. C'mon Sniper, I wanna pick again!

Bills2083
07-08-2008, 04:39 PM
http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/na/archive/00293/Niklas_Kronwall_nhl_293101c.gif

I'm assuming Kronwall got cut up on this play?

Bills2083
07-08-2008, 04:42 PM
My list went Hossa then Pominville. If 2083 took both I would've flipped. Pommer is studly on both ends, I love the pick.

Bah, I missed Toews by 2 minutes. Stupid work computers

Sorry about that. If I didn't post my picks, I wouldn't have been able to post them until now (potentially losing out on players). I had to do this because I had to leave pretty much at 3:30.

familyguy555
07-08-2008, 05:49 PM
can sniper be skipped??

Jensen
07-08-2008, 06:04 PM
can sniper be skipped??

Yeah, and whoever is after Sniper (Xio I think) has about 10 mins. to pick.

Bills2083
07-08-2008, 06:28 PM
Yeah, and whoever is after Sniper (Xio I think) has about 10 mins. to pick.

Xio gets out of work at 8:30. Do you guys just want to wait for him? Maybe he sent in a big board, but whomever he sent it to is not online?

djp
07-08-2008, 06:58 PM
He sent a list, but I'm not sure if I should use it again.

djp
07-08-2008, 06:59 PM
They're all gone anyways... we'll just wait for Xio. Call it a gift for running the draft.

Xiomera
07-08-2008, 07:20 PM
I am here.

One moment please.

EDIT: Damn you JF4 . . . this is the first draft I have failed to get Kronwall. haha

SuperMcGee
07-08-2008, 07:27 PM
THAT is why we don't wait for Xio.

Bills2083
07-08-2008, 07:27 PM
Familyguy is now on the clock.

djp
07-08-2008, 07:32 PM

FG isn't even here. Wouldn't have mattered.

Xiomera
07-08-2008, 07:33 PM

Hahahahaha . . . did I take your guy? Should have looked at the last draft we did . . . I took him with the same pick in the same round.

But I wanted Kronner more.

SuperMcGee
07-08-2008, 07:36 PM
I think it was to me by now anyway. FG was just here, did he leave?

I'm a huge Keith fan. I knew Bouwmeester wasnt getting back but I hoped for Keith.

Xiomera
07-08-2008, 07:42 PM
Where's all that good analysis we're supposed to have?

Any observers of the draft may feel free to throw out their opinions on what has gone on thus far.

Bills2083
07-08-2008, 07:46 PM
Round 5 -
DJP - Jason Pominville, W
Jensen – Zdeno Chara
JF4 – Daniel Alfredsson
Sniper – Tomas Kaberle
Xiomera – Mike Green
Familyguy – Thomas Vanek
SuperMcGee – Marc-Andre Fleury
Bills – Brian Campbell

Round 6 -
Bills – Jonathan Toews
SuperMcgee – Nicklas Backstrom
Familyguy – Sergei Gonchar
Xiomera – Brendan Morrow
Sniper – Corey Perry
JF4 – Simon Gagne
Jensen – Jay Bouwmeester
DJP – Zach Parise

Round 7
DJP - Andrei Markov, D
Jensen - Nathan Horton, W
JF4 - Niklas Kronwall, D
Sniper - WAS SKIPPED. STILL HAS TO DRAFT
Xiomera – Duncan Keith
Familyguy
SuperMcGee
Bills

djp
07-08-2008, 07:50 PM
I think it's gone pretty much the way it should of. No real big reaches except Sniper's Sedin pick.

Xiomera
07-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Sniper needs to re-pick for his makeup pick.

Mike Richards was already taken.

Xiomera
07-08-2008, 08:54 PM
NOOOOOOO!

I was gonna take Jokinen.

SuperMcGee
07-08-2008, 09:04 PM
well isn't that unfortunate...

I'm happy with that set of picks. I'll definitely take Jokinen in the 8th (as I just did) and Timonen is a top-10 Defenseman in the league to me. Very good both ways, big fan of his.

Canadian_kid16
07-08-2008, 09:09 PM
I'll get the rest of the rounds analyzed by the end of the day...the initial team analysis will be tomorrow morning-ish

familyguy555
07-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Yeah that picks good Thanks xio

Xiomera
07-08-2008, 09:40 PM
Sniper left without making up his pick, so JF4 can pick if he comes on.

Jensen may pick at 11:35 et

Bills2083
07-08-2008, 10:54 PM
Damn You Jensen!!!

Xiomera
07-08-2008, 10:55 PM
Damn You Jensen!!!

DJP was gonna take him.

djp
07-08-2008, 10:58 PM
Yep, 3 times Jensen has stoned me one pick short.

SuperMcGee
07-08-2008, 10:58 PM
With good reason. Frolov is the man, I usually like to get him.

djp
07-08-2008, 11:00 PM
JENSEN ROBBERY TALLY ON DJP -

IIII

Will update accordingly.

Bills2083
07-08-2008, 11:01 PM
edit: nevermind....

JF4
07-08-2008, 11:01 PM
Sorry guys I'll have my missed pick up in a second.

djp
07-08-2008, 11:02 PM
It's no problem JF4, with the short clock, you might as well miss some more picks. Better players for the rest of us.

Xiomera
07-08-2008, 11:03 PM
Hey guys, everyone should stick around for a little bit.

Everyone except sniper is currently online.

Bills2083
07-08-2008, 11:03 PM
jensen is up again, correct?

familyguy555
07-08-2008, 11:04 PM
yeah

Wootylicous
07-08-2008, 11:10 PM
Plekanec - Steal!

Canadian_kid16
07-08-2008, 11:11 PM
seeing as I missed wayyy too many rounds...I'm gunna gunna do one mega update tomorrow morning, and it will be mega...

sorry guy, you are posting faster then my life is happening at the moment, but one mega update tomorrow morning is on the sked

Xiomera
JF4 is up again . . .

Jensen
I was debating between Plekanec and another player, hoping the other guy lasts until my next pick but I doubt it.

djp
07-08-2008, 11:12 PM
Pleks was a solid pick, but it's hardly a steal. Round 8 + 11 in the last 2 drafts. Good value pick.

Jensen
07-08-2008, 11:13 PM
JENSEN ROBBERY TALLY ON DJP -

III

Will update accordingly.

Haha, sorry djp.

Bills2083
07-08-2008, 11:20 PM
nevermind again.

SuperMcGee
07-08-2008, 11:39 PM
Hope you're loading up on bandages, JF

djp
07-08-2008, 11:40 PM

HAHAAHAHAHAHA!

JF4
07-08-2008, 11:41 PM

My team will have a damn good doctor!

Just you wait untill I take my sleeper...Eric Lindros

Xiomera
07-08-2008, 11:44 PM
My team will have a damn good doctor!

Just you wait untill I take my sleeper...Eric Lindros

Take Rich Harden

FG is OTC!

Jensen
07-08-2008, 11:44 PM
REMINDER:

If you're going to leave tonight soon, PLEASE leave a big board with somebody.

Xiomera
07-08-2008, 11:52 PM
Stop sending me boards for the night.

I am off to bed.

Jensen will have my list. As well as Sniper's next pick.

Bills2083
07-08-2008, 11:53 PM
urgh, familyguy is looking at the hot chick thread

Bills2083
07-09-2008, 12:00 AM
Jensen, I sent you my big board.

Jensen
07-09-2008, 12:02 AM
Jensen, I sent you my big board.

Alright, I got it.

familyguy555
07-09-2008, 12:16 AM
HHAHa bills...

djp
07-09-2008, 12:17 AM
FG, stick around, you're up again here in a second.

JF4
07-09-2008, 12:22 AM
Cpt. Giveaway, Wade Redden.

I'm sorry FG but...EPIC FAIL!!!

djp
07-09-2008, 12:23 AM
Calling McGee!

Jensen
07-09-2008, 12:27 AM
Mcgee went offline, hopefully he's coming soon or left a BB with somebody.

SuperMcGee
07-09-2008, 12:41 AM
I'm right here, had to take a shower

djp
07-09-2008, 12:45 AM
I'm right here, had to take a shower

No excuses, play like a champion! You'll be up again right away, Jensen has Bills' list I believe.

Jensen
07-09-2008, 01:01 AM
Damn you Mcgee, Ribeiro was on Bills' list and now you made me pick Seabrook for him who I was gonna take with my next pick. (Of course, if he was there)

JF4
07-09-2008, 01:09 AM
It seems FamilyGuy packed it in for the night. Did he leave a list with anyone?

If not I will probably follow him to bed.

Jensen
07-09-2008, 01:12 AM
I do not have a list for familyguy, I only have Xio and SNIPER's picks.

familyguy555
07-09-2008, 01:13 AM
no im here one sec

djp
07-09-2008, 01:14 AM
JF4 stay on, it looks like you'll be picking soon!

djp
07-09-2008, 01:15 AM
Made Xio's pick, post Sniper's Jensen. Then JF4 and yourself, then me, and then you and JF4 again.

We could potentially get all the way back down if things work out.

SuperMcGee
07-09-2008, 01:15 AM
Ribeiro was a panic button pick. I don't mind the value at all but I wanted to go in a different direction. I felt hurried after my refreshment.

djp
07-09-2008, 01:16 AM
Not a bad pick at all.

I love the last Shea Weber pick, that was solid.

djp
07-09-2008, 01:19 AM
I am going to take a shower. Will be back in 10 minutes.

djp
07-09-2008, 01:31 AM
Let me update the tally quickly here, then I'll pick

djp
07-09-2008, 01:39 AM
Jensen OTC again, followed by JF I believe.

djp
07-09-2008, 01:43 AM
Solid pick Jensen, I seriously considered him or Johnson...

Johnson's ceiling is just too high to pass at that point in the draft. He has not one weakness in his game, just has to put it all together. He'll be a stud next year and for the rest of his career.

Bills2083
07-09-2008, 09:03 AM
Xio is now on the clock.

Xiomera
07-09-2008, 09:11 AM
Took Radulov.

FG is OTC.

Bills2083
07-09-2008, 10:19 AM
Is McGee now on the clock?

familyguy555
07-09-2008, 10:54 AM
Yes then you twice then Mcgee then me then Xio and I think Snipers after Xio

Canadian_kid16
07-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Team-By-Team Analysis

DJP

DJP decided early and often to draft center men, making an unbelievably strong attack down the middle. Crosby, Staal and Kopitar are three of the best young centers in the league, but only Crosby would be able to do anything without any wingers, so DJP would have had to pick some solid wingers to complement his attack. The Burns pick was a solid one, as his offensive skill will make getting the puck to his centers easier, and can provide a quick transition attack. Pominville and Parise provide balance on either side of the wing, with Pominville playing more of a playmaking defensive role, and Parise being the scorer. Markov is a similar player to Burns, more of an offensive type, scoring 16 goals while only registering a +1. The lack of defensive defensemen in the top pairing might be troubling for some, but with Crosby and Pominville, DJP will have an ok defense. The Boyes selection looks like the steal of the draft, a 40-goal scorer getting picked at the tail end of Round 8 is a huge plus in my eyes. Brown is another player similar to Boyes in that he is a scorer coming off the wing, plain and simple. The wingers will have a fun time playing with Crosby, Staal and Kopitar, getting lots of opportunities to score. Johnson and Zherdev to end off gives DJP more scoring options in Zherdev and a large, defensive presence at the point with Johnson. All in all, it seems as though this team is more geared towards offense, and with no goalie on the roster so far, it seems as though they are going to have to outscore the other team in order to win many games. That’s the way that I prefer it, even if it might not work in all cases.

Jensen

Jensen’s first four picks consisted of a winger, center, center and goalie, showing that he too, is trying to solidify his team up the middle before branching out onto the wings. The Ovechkin pick was obvious for anyone wanting to score a lot of goals, or just have a lot of energy on the team. Spezza will feed him passes all game long, and Stastny will add playmaking to the second line, along with a solid defensive game. Nabakov, arguably the best goalie in the league, will be around to bail his team out if need be, he is a great goalie to have behind any team, and Jensen should feel safe knowing he has him in net. With Chara and Bouwmeester as the next two picks, Jensen added two solid all around defensemen, making it even tougher to score on him, while also adding a little firepower to the back end. Horton, Plekanic and Frolov provide balance to a line, with Horton being the power forward, Plekanic setting them up and Frolov being the all around guy. Komisarek and Coburn provide more depth to the back end, and will be a solid pairing for a second defensive pairing.

JF4

JF4 seems to have the most general experienced team of the draft so far, but that doesn’t mean he is short on talent. Malkin and Getzlaf will once again, as with the other teams so far, solidify the middle of the ice, adding fire to anyone who makes the argument that center is the most important position on the ice. Nash is one of the best power forwards in the league, with Malkin’s strength and Nash’s strength, I wouldn’t want to be facing these two anytime soon. Pronger adds even more strength and grit; lets just hope that he doesn’t get suspended too often. Alfredsson provides speed and experience down the wing, playing a similar type of game as Gagne does, provides a very fast attack from each member of the team. Kronwall and Volchenkov are two very good defensive defensemen; both will be tough to get by with even the best players in the league. Havlat and Tanguay are two of the more offensively gifted players in the league, if they can find their consistency, both will be solid additions in between Steve Stamkos, the first overall pick in the 2008 Entry Draft and one of the best up and coming players. JF4 seems to be looking for size in his top line, with speed and skill on his supporting lines. His players won’t have any trouble scoring, but with no goalie, we’ll have to see how the defensive aspects play out

Sniper

Sniper’s first three picks, Datsyuk, Lidstrom and Luongo, make it seems as though Sniper feels that a solid defensive game is the key to winning. Datsyuk and Lidstrom both have the familiarity of playing together, which is a key aspect. Sedin, Kaberle and Perry provide more offensive to sniper’s team with Perry playing along side of Datsyuk, things should go well. Kostitsyn, Zidlicky and Kovalev are once again, picked to provide a balance of offensive and defense, Kostitsyn is an all around player; Zidlicky is a defenseman who can provide some offense and some defense. Kovalev is an offensive playmaker, who, while getting up there in years, can still provide a flair and a talent that can’t be matched by anyone but RJ Umberger (couldn’t help it). Sedin and Jack Johnson once again provide balance, with Sedin now working with his brother, and Johnson who will play well with Zidlicky. Sniper seems to have a very balanced team, and Luongo will help bail out any weaknesses that may come up over the course of the 4 years.

Rest of the teams will be up a little later, I'm just giving you guys something to bash me on for now

Bills2083
07-09-2008, 12:10 PM
great, another player I was targeting, taken. lol

Xiomera
07-09-2008, 12:37 PM
My pick in a moment.

djp
07-09-2008, 01:16 PM
Calling JF4!

familyguy555
07-09-2008, 01:23 PM
CK when's the other team analysis??

Jensen
07-09-2008, 01:55 PM
djp hurry up, I gotta leave in about 2 minutes.

djp
07-09-2008, 01:55 PM
Just picked.

SuperMcGee
07-09-2008, 02:04 PM
craaap I thought one of Mesz or Suter would be there for me

Bills2083
07-09-2008, 02:06 PM
^me too.
jf4 is on the board, correct?

djp
07-09-2008, 02:07 PM
JF is OTC. And that ***********er stole Price from me so we should skip him :)

Bills2083
07-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Xio is now on the clock.

Bills2083
07-09-2008, 03:51 PM
I sent my big board to Jensen.

djp
07-09-2008, 04:06 PM
One second.

djp
07-09-2008, 04:09 PM
McGee is up now.

SuperMcGee
07-09-2008, 04:17 PM
I'm just about positive that I know who one of Bills' picks will be

djp
07-09-2008, 05:42 PM
I'll be back at around 8 CST... text me if I am up .... 763-843-7985

familyguy555
07-09-2008, 06:19 PM
If anyone is still here Bills and SuperMcgee are skipped right?

Jensen
07-09-2008, 06:23 PM
I am back, my game got cancelled so I am here for the rest of the night for the most part.

JF4
07-09-2008, 06:34 PM
I will also be around for most of the night. I was at work and DK was forced to make my picks for me.

SuperMcGee
07-09-2008, 06:38 PM
I'm just about positive that I know who one of Bills' picks will be

I knew he'd take Enstrom!

My pick in a second

Bills2083
07-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Thanks, Jensen.
I'd give you rep, but it says I've given you too much.

Bills2083
07-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Does anybody know who the first alternate is?

Xiomera
07-09-2008, 07:37 PM
Does anybody know who the first alternate is?

Why? I guess it'd be CK . . .

Sniper
07-09-2008, 07:43 PM
1. Am I up?
2. Xio, can you please update the front page of the selection thread?

Bills2083
07-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Why? I guess it'd be CK . . .

I'm not going to have access to the internet at all tomorrow, and part of Friday, and I was wondering if I should just have him draft for me.

Bills2083
07-09-2008, 07:46 PM
1. Am I up?
2. Xio, can you please update the front page of the selection thread?

I updated it in the selection thread. :)

Eaglez.Fan
07-09-2008, 07:48 PM
EF's first official Stud/Dud List

These are some reaches (bad value at spot taken) and steals (good value at spot taken). Please note this, these are only value opinions, this does not take into account your other players taken it just is, say if you take a goalie when IMO there were better goalies available I will say it's a reach. And I can still say that your team reached a lot but when you put your roster and game-plan together I might rate your team first. Ex: I have Brain Rafalski as a reach but if you have a solid young defensemen to take his place in a year or two than he might turn out to be a steal when you put your team together.

Steal is listed 1st, reach 2nd.

Round 1- Vincent Lecavalier - Pavel Datsyuk
Round 2- Dany Heatley - Ryan Getzlaf
Round 3- Rick Nash - J-S Giguere
Round 4- Chris Pronger - Brett Burns
Round 5- Brian Campbell - Jason Pominville
Round 6- Nicklas Backstrom - Zach Parise
Round 7- Ales Hemsky - Andrei Kostitsyn
Round 8- Brad Boyes - Marek Zidlicky
Round 9- Martin Havlat - Shawn Horcoff
Round 10- Erik Johnson - Brian Rafalski
Round 11- Shane Doan - Steven Stamkos
Round 12- Mikka Kiprusoff - Joe Corvo
Round 13- Brad Richards - Ryan Suter

Honorable mentions (steals): Carey Price and Peter Mueller

Xiomera
07-09-2008, 07:51 PM

These are some reaches (bad value at spot taken) and steals (good value at spot taken). Please note this, these are only value opinions, this does not take into account your other players taken it just is, say if you take a goalie when IMO there were better goalies available I will say it's a reach. And I can still say that your team reached a lot but when you put your roster and game-plan together I might rate your team first.

None of those players listed are on my team. But how the hell was Datsyuk a reach? Except maybe that Zetterberg should have been taken before him.

Bills2083
07-09-2008, 07:52 PM
^I dont really think Pominville was a reach in the 5th. He had 80 points in 82 games, and is a monster on the penalty kill. Plus, he's pretty good on the PP.

Eaglez.Fan
07-09-2008, 07:58 PM
None of those players listed are on my team. But how the hell was Datsyuk a reach? Except maybe that Zetterberg should have been taken before him.

Exactly. I'd be more than happy with anyone in the 1st. It's just the 1st round.

And I like Pominville, but I'd take Vanek, Alffy, and possibly even Nathan Horton and Ales Hemsky.

edit- and yes xio you now have one.

djp
07-09-2008, 08:11 PM
You're dead to me Super.

Xiomera
07-09-2008, 08:14 PM
Exactly. I'd be more than happy with anyone in the 1st. It's just the 1st round.

And I like Pominville, but I'd take Vanek, Alffy, and possibly even Nathan Horton and Ales Hemsky.

WOOO BRAD RICHARDS!

I have more Stars and Hawks players than I have Red Wings . . . WOW!

SuperMcGee
07-09-2008, 08:18 PM

Well then you're just ill-informed, because Pommer is a much better option than Vanek. I'd take him for sure over Hemsky (who i'm a big fan of) and Horton, as well, and I'm sure he'll surpass Alffy soon enough.

SuperMcGee
07-09-2008, 08:22 PM
You're dead to me Super.

I'll trade you straight up for Pommer

djp
07-09-2008, 08:23 PM

These are some reaches (bad value at spot taken) and steals (good value at spot taken). Please note this, these are only value opinions, this does not take into account your other players taken it just is, say if you take a goalie when IMO there were better goalies available I will say it's a reach. And I can still say that your team reached a lot but when you put your roster and game-plan together I might rate your team first. Ex: I have Brain Rafalski as a reach but if you have a solid young defensemen to take his place in a year or two than he might turn out to be a steal when you put your team together.

Round 12- Mikka Kiprusoff - Joe Corvo
Round 13- Brad Richards - Ryan Suter

Honorable mentions (steals): Carey Price and Peter Mueller

Brent Burns and Parise reaches how?

They're 22 and 23 years old... Burns will be a Norris finalist soon to come and Parise is a stud two way forward.

djp
07-09-2008, 08:24 PM
I'll trade you straight up for Pommer

No way, even though I think Mikko will be as good of a player as Pominville is by the time their careers are over.

Mikko is a STUD. He is the absolute perfect fourth line center in this draft.

SuperMcGee
07-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Ha, I wouldnt expect you to. But now I need to shift one of my natural centers.

djp
07-09-2008, 08:29 PM

Vanek? No offensive game other than tips last year.. Alffy... 50 years old... Horton... good power forward... but not at Pominville's level yet defensively at all. Hemsky is terrible defensively right now.

Pommer is a stud at both ends. He's a top 6 winger in this draft if we are talking all around games.

Eaglez.Fan
07-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Brett Burns is a reach because Mike Green and Brian Campbell will be better for the next FOUR years. Zach Parise was also a reach because I'd take Nathan Horton over him. And Parise isn't really that much of a reach but he was the biggest reach in THAT round. As for Pomminville, Alfredsson will be better for the next two years, and they will be similar the 3rd. While Pomminville will overtake Alffy in the 4th year.

And I would take Pomminville over Horton, but it's closer than you think. Horton puts up points, while having nobody to play with. Pomminville plays on a much better line/offensive team. Thus has more help.

SuperMcGee
07-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Pominville plays with Jochen Hecht and borderline roster guys on the other wing like Clarke MacArthur. And again, he is just great in his own zone as well.

And I'd take Burns over those guys.

Canadian_kid16
07-09-2008, 08:57 PM
I'm not going to have access to the internet at all tomorrow, and part of Friday, and I was wondering if I should just have him draft for me.

I see my name, is this resolved?

BTW, last four team analysis' should be up soon, I haven't been in a good mood the past couple hours, so I put it off...I'll start the analysis now

Bills2083
07-09-2008, 09:02 PM
I see my name, is this resolved?

BTW, last four team analysis' should be up soon, I haven't been in a good mood the past couple hours, so I put it off...I'll start the analysis now

I might send you my list of players that I want the most, and then you can draft for me (if you want). It depends on how far we get in the draft by tomorroow morning though.

Canadian_kid16
07-09-2008, 09:19 PM
I might send you my list of players that I want the most, and then you can draft for me (if you want). It depends on how far we get in the draft by tomorroow morning though.

If you need help, I'll help

djp
07-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Brett Burns is a reach because Mike Green and Brian Campbell will be better for the next FOUR years. Zach Parise was also a reach because I'd take Nathan Horton over him. And Parise isn't really that much of a reach but he was the biggest reach in THAT round. As for Pomminville, Alfredsson will be better for the next two years, and they will be similar the 3rd. While Pomminville will overtake Alffy in the 4th year.

And I would take Pomminville over Horton, but it's closer than you think. Horton puts up points, while having nobody to play with. Pomminville plays on a much better line/offensive team. Thus has more help.

Brent Burns will be a much better defender than Mike Green. Green has no clue what he's doing in his own end. He is a forward playing defense. He'll be no better than Joe Corvo. Did you see how many times he gave the puck away when Philly applied some pressure to him in the playoffs?

Campbell is a toss up. He is a better defensively than Green but not Burns. I'll take the guy who's great on both ends, kills penalties, and can log the big minutes (and is only 23 years old). I debated really hard between those two for that pick... but I'm just not a huge Brian Campbell fan.

The reason why I took Parise over Horton was because he is a much better skater than Horton and wanted to pair him with Sid.

Bills2083
07-09-2008, 09:46 PM
my picks will be up soon.

Xiomera
07-09-2008, 10:18 PM
My pick in a moment . . . didn't expect to be picking so soon.

djp
07-09-2008, 10:56 PM
I'll be back in an hour or so.

djp
07-10-2008, 01:13 AM
Let's go.... we need to hurry this thing up..

JF4
07-10-2008, 01:26 AM
We've made good progress over the last couple days. I say we're doing just fine.

Eaglez.Fan
07-10-2008, 07:35 AM
Brent Burns will be a much better defender than Mike Green. Green has no clue what he's doing in his own end. He is a forward playing defense. He'll be no better than Joe Corvo. Did you see how many times he gave the puck away when Philly applied some pressure to him in the playoffs?

Campbell is a toss up. He is a better defensively than Green but not Burns. I'll take the guy who's great on both ends, kills penalties, and can log the big minutes (and is only 23 years old). I debated really hard between those two for that pick... but I'm just not a huge Brian Campbell fan.

The reason why I took Parise over Horton was because he is a much better skater than Horton and wanted to pair him with Sid.

Yes but Burns will be from 23-27 i this league. Campbell will be from 29 to 33. Which will most likely be his prime.

And like I said earlier I wasn't judging how well players would play together, or what system they are running or anything like that. So what I saw was a reach of Zach Parise over Nathan Horton. But again, like I said when you put your roster together I'll probably rate your line better with Parise for the reasons you stated.

Bills2083
07-10-2008, 07:37 AM
canadian kid, I'm going to send you a list of the players that I like the most. (I'll explain everything in the pm)

BTW, here's my current depth chart...

Center:
-Joe Thornton
-Derek Roy
-Jonathan Toews

Wing:
-Ilya Kovalchuk
-Ales Hemsky
-Shawn Horcoff
-Shane Doan
-Joffrey Lupul
-Radim Vrbata
-Erik Cole

Defense:
-Brian Campbell
-Ryan Whitney
-Brent Seabrook
-Joe Corvo
-Tobias Enstrom

Goalie:
-J.S. Giguere

JF4
07-10-2008, 10:55 AM
Please Bills share it with us all...Why confine it to a PM?

Sniper
07-10-2008, 11:16 AM
Xio, can we have an update on the selection thread?

SuperMcGee
07-10-2008, 12:05 PM
^^^

Dumont was already picked

Canadian_kid16
07-10-2008, 12:18 PM
Life took a **** on me yesterday...hence why the last four teams are soo late. I'll be posting them as I finish them

Xiomera

Brendan Morrow - Henrik Zetterberg - Patrick Kane
Alexander Radulov - Marc Savard - Marian Gaborik
Patrick Sharp - Johan Franzen - ???????????????
Wojtek Wolski - Brad Richards - ???????????????

Mike Green - Duncan Keith
Andrej Meszaros - Brad Stuart
Matt Niskanen

Henrik Lundqvist

Xio’s team is a team that is very balanced, and one that could go in a variety of different directions when it comes to tactics, strategies etc. Morrow, Zetterberg and Kane is the first line, and is a line that plays to both ends of the spectrum. Morrow is a very good player in both ends of the ice, along with Zetterberg, but Zetterberg provides more offense, while Kane is just an offensive player who can put the puck in the net. Kane and Zetterberg will enjoy playing with each other, and will enjoy playing with Mike Green as well. Green and Keith compliment each other perfectly, with Green being one of the most dynamic offensive defensemen, while Keith being one of the most solid defensively. Line two is a line that will provide just as much scoring as line one, but with less defensive presence. Gaborik and Radulov will be looking to pot goals all game long, and Savard will be willing to give them the passes necessary. Meszaros and Stuart are both big, physical defensemen who can shut down the opposing teams best players. Line three is a power line, consisting of two big, strong scorers in Franzen and Sharp. Both players score a lot of goals, but aren’t afraid of the opposition. Niskanen is another solid defender. Wolski and Richards add a bit of flair to the fourth line, with both players having the capability to score a lot of goals. Lundqvist in net must feel god for Xio, as he adds one of the best goalies in the league to an already outstanding core. Very solid team.

Canadian_kid16
07-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Familyguy

Dany Heatley - Vincent Lecavalier - Martin St. Louis
Thomas Vanek - Daniel Briere - Jonathan Cheechoo
Kristian Huselius – Patrick Marlaeu - Milan Hejduk
Paul Kariya - Scott Gomez

Defenders
Sergei Gonchar - Wade Redden
Shea Webber - Francois Beauchemin

Goalies
Ryan Miller

Familyguys’s team is one that seems to be top heavy, with a great set of forwards, but it is lacking on defense. Heatley, St. Louis and Lecavalier are three of the top players in the league; all three will feed off of each other greatly, as Lecavalier and St Louis know each other well, while Heatley provides an upgrade over their old partner in Richards. I have an issue with the first defensive pairing though, as Gonchar is above average, but getting up there in age, while Redden isn’t the player most people think. Briere, Cheechoo and Vanek has the potential to be the best line in the league in three years or so, with each player being young and at the top of their game. The line doesn’t provide much in the terms of defense, but Webber and Beauchemin are two solid young defenders, that will easily replace Redden and Gonchar in two years. The experience starts to show in the third line, and this line shows a couple of great scores centered by a great playmaker. The fourth line is looking to be the most experienced, and can score some goals if needed be. Miller will have some work when Redden and Gonchar are on the ice, but is a very serviceable goalie for the team.

Canadian_kid16
07-10-2008, 12:45 PM
SuperMcGee

Jarome Iginla
Mike Richards
Marian Hossa
Olli Jokinen
Nicklas Backstrom
Mike Cammelleri
Mike Ribeiro
JP Dumont
Mikko Koivu
Milan Michalek

Dion Phaneuf
Kimmo Timonen
Brian Rafalski
Robyn Regehr

MAF
Marty Turco

Right off the bat, let me just say that at first glance, this looks like my favourite team, but while its my favourite, doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the best. Iginla, Richards and Hossa are a solid first line, with the only issue being that Iginla and Hossa might be out of their prime once the four years are up. Each player, right now, will work well together, balancing the attack and scoring a lot of goals. Phaneuf and Timonen are great compliments to each other, and will help out in the scoring aspect. Jokinen is a very good second line center, and should thrive if he were to be put in that role. Cammelleri is another solid player, same with Ribeiro, even if he is my least favourite player in the whole league. Both players can compliment Jokinen well. Rafalski and Regher are both typical defensemen for this day an age, worry about your own end first, but don’t be afraid to jump into the play a little bit if possible. Dumont, Koivu and Michalek all provide solid depth and speed, giving some of the other team’s third and fourth lines fits. MAF and Turco in net are both really good goalies. It can be argued that Turco is still better than Fluery, but Fluery can learn from Turco for a year, and then step in for the remaining three. I have tried to keep bias out of these reports, but I really like this team, it should contend all four years.

djp
07-10-2008, 12:55 PM
Yes but Burns will be from 23-27 i this league. Campbell will be from 29 to 33. Which will most likely be his prime.

And like I said earlier I wasn't judging how well players would play together, or what system they are running or anything like that. So what I saw was a reach of Zach Parise over Nathan Horton. But again, like I said when you put your roster together I'll probably rate your line better with Parise for the reasons you stated.

Last I checked, Campbell has already had his prime. He will be declining after the 2nd year. It's why I thought the Blackhawks made such a big mistake giving him an 8 year deal. There are only a few players that can play like Nick Lidstrom after 32/33...

Burns > Campbell for the next 4 years. It's not even a contest. He'll be 27 when this draft is over and still fighting with Phaneuf for Norris's in the league, while the Blackhawks are kicking themselves for having 4 years left of an aging Brian Campbell.

SuperMcGee
07-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Come on CK, how could anyone possibly disrespect Mike Ribeiro?

Canadian_kid16
07-10-2008, 01:03 PM

A) he used to play on Montreal
B) his "dive" against the Bruins in that onegame was the worst dive I've ever seen, hockey or soccer. That, combined with point A, made me hate him more then I could ever hate anyone else

lol, I like the rest of your team though

Canadian_kid16
07-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Bills

Center:
-Joe Thornton
-Derek Roy
-Jonathan Toews

Wing:
-Ilya Kovalchuk
-Ales Hemsky
-Shawn Horcoff
-Shane Doan
-Joffrey Lupul
-Radim Vrbata
-Erik Cole

Defense:
-Brian Campbell
-Ryan Whitney
-Brent Seabrook
-Joe Corvo
-Tobias Enstrom

Goalie:
-J.S. Giguere

Bills team doesn’t look the greatest right now, but has the potential to be great if all of the young players develop properly. Thornton, Kovalchuk and Hemsky seem like the first line, and that line could be deadly if Hemsky and Kovalchuk play well in their own end. Campbell and Whitney both compliment each other well, but how well will Campbell play in the latter years of the dynasty is a big question. Seabrook is a solid defenseman that will replace Campbell on the top line soon, but Corvo was just an average pick as a defenseman, he will get demoted to the third pairing soon enough by Enstrom. Roy, Horcoff and Doan are a grinding line that will check their opponents heavily in order to create chances. Toews, and Lupul are two very good, young players, and Vrbata is an emerging player that recently scored 30 for the first time. Cole on the fourth line is a solid addition. Giguere is one of the more underrated goalies in the league, but he should have a lot of work cut out for him in year one, as this team is a couple years away from competing.

SuperMcGee
07-10-2008, 01:11 PM
A) he used to play on Montreal
B) his "dive" against the Bruins in that onegame was the worst dive I've ever seen, hockey or soccer. That, combined with point A, made me hate him more then I could ever hate anyone else

lol, I like the rest of your team though

Don't worry, I knew it was for those exact reasons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNw8ZZT8tOU&feature=related

Bills2083
07-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the help, CK.
There was a change of plans today, so I think I can get it from here.

familyguy555
07-10-2008, 02:23 PM
Who's OTC???

And can we get an update on the front.

SuperMcGee
07-10-2008, 02:25 PM
JF4 is up followed by Sniper who also has a make-up pick

Sniper
07-10-2008, 03:55 PM

Because he's a ******* vagina.

Canadian_kid16
07-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Because he's a ******* vagina.

of course, no one is allowed to hate the Canadiens players, current or former...I might upset the ever so tough fans they have

SuperMcGee
07-10-2008, 04:06 PM
of course, no one is allowed to hate the Canadiens players, current or present...I might upset the ever so tough fans they have

1) current = present

2) I'm pretty sure he meant Ribeiro is the vag

Canadian_kid16
07-10-2008, 04:08 PM
1) current = present

2) I'm pretty sure he meant Ribeiro is the vag

1) hehe, typo

2) then he'll clarify later

Sniper
07-10-2008, 04:24 PM
1) hehe, typo

2) then he'll clarify later

I meant Ribeiro. Ribeiro is a ******* ***** whom I absolutely despise with every ounce of my soul.

SuperMcGee
07-10-2008, 04:58 PM
Been a slow day so far. I think you're good to pick, FG

familyguy555
07-10-2008, 05:09 PM
Been a slow day so far. I think you're good to pick, FG

ok ill pick if i need to ill take it down.

JF4
07-10-2008, 05:16 PM
Nice pick by FG...Stole my next pick.

As much as I hate Ottawa, Volchenkov and Phillps are still a deadly D pairing.

Xiomera
07-10-2008, 05:22 PM
I am here. No more skipping me. Pick in a moment.

Sniper
07-10-2008, 05:25 PM
I am here. No more skipping me. Pick in a moment.

I kin haz updated front page? kthxbai

Bills2083
07-10-2008, 06:55 PM
am I up right now?

Xiomera
07-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Sniper, you chose Dumont when he was already selected. Pick again for round 16.

FG is OTC.

Jensen
07-10-2008, 10:24 PM
Am I up? Had a game today so I couldn't get on.

Xiomera
07-10-2008, 10:29 PM
Am I up? Had a game today so I couldn't get on.

JF4 is up. Then you are.

djp
07-11-2008, 12:00 AM
I'll pick here in a sec.

djp
07-11-2008, 01:02 AM
Jensen, I had Drury as my pick but edited it for Langkow. Drury was awful last season... that was my reasoning.

Very nick pick.

djp
07-11-2008, 01:03 AM
Sniper can pick again, but who knows when that will be....

Jensen
07-11-2008, 01:05 AM
Jensen, I had Drury as my pick but edited it for Langkow. Drury was awful last season... that was my reasoning.

Very nick pick.

He wasn't that bad, I just picked him because he can still put up decent points and he'll be my 4th line center. He plays on the PK too, so I figured why not.

Sniper
07-11-2008, 01:59 AM
Sniper can pick again, but who knows when that will be....

Am I up now? The front page never gets updated.

djp
07-11-2008, 02:06 AM
You can pick, we skipped JF4 last pick so he's skippable until he returns.

Bills2083
07-11-2008, 09:44 AM
the updated 18th and 19th rounds are in the selection thread.

Bills2083
07-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Can I draft, or did this thing die?

Jensen
07-11-2008, 01:35 PM
Can I draft, or did this thing die?

Mcgee's time is up, so yes you can pick.

familyguy555
07-11-2008, 03:19 PM
I like the goalies face lol.

Slow day. I hate when drafts get like this.

SuperMcGee
07-11-2008, 03:21 PM
You have a pick to make

Jensen
07-11-2008, 05:17 PM
Sniper is skipped and JF4 has about 20 minutes to pick before he is skipped.

JF4
07-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Cool. I'll pick in a minute

Bills2083
07-12-2008, 10:01 AM
My picks will be up soon...

Xiomera
07-12-2008, 12:06 PM
Team Xiomera

Forward Lines

Brenden Morrow [C] (29) – Henrik Zetterberg [A] (27) – Patrick Kane (19)
Alexander Radulov (22) – Marc Savard (30) – Marian Gaborik (26)
Patrick Sharp (26) – Brad Richards [A] (28) – Johan Franzen (28)
Wojtek Wolski (22) – Jason Arnott (33) – Tomas Holmstrom (35)
Sean Avery (28)

Defensive Pairings

Mike Green (22) – Duncan Keith (24)
Andrej Meszaros (22) – Brad Stuart (28)
Matt Niskanen (21) – Brooks Orpik (27)
Paul Martin (27)

Goaltenders

Henrik Lundqvist (26)
Tomas Vokoun (32)

First Power Play Unit

Tomas Holmstrom – Henrik Zetterberg – Patrick Kane
Mike Green – Brad Richards

Second Power Play Unit

Brenden Morrow – Marc Savard – Marian Gaborik
Matt Niskanen – Andrej Meszaros

First Penalty Kill Unit

Henrik Zetterberg – Patrick Sharp
Duncan Keith – Brad Stuart

Second Penalty Kill Unit

Johan Franzen – Brenden Morrow
Brooks Orpik – Mike Green

Shootout Selections

Patrick Kane
Henrik Zetterberg
Marian GaborikAverage Age - 26.5 years old

Wootylicous
07-12-2008, 01:25 PM
JF4 automatically win. Better luck next time guys.