PDA

View Full Version : Homer Prospects?

BamaFalcon59
07-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Anyone from your favorite school that most people don't know about?

VaTech.

SS/ FS Jr. Kam Chancellor (1st/ 2nd round)
6'4" 220 4.5
Amazing hitter. Amazing size. Amazing athlete. Good production. Can play SS or FS, played CB as a freshman.

CB Macho Harris Sr. (1st round)
6'0" 205 4.40 (guessing, might be 4.3 something)
Amazing natural ability. Great size and great production. Lockdown CB potential. Needs to concentrate more. Gets lazy. When he's on he is on. Also a good return man and can play offense.

OG Sergio Render Jr. (1st/ 2nd round)
6'4" 315 ???
Great size and strength. Again, lots of natural ability. Starter since freshman season. Great push in the run game. Tons of potential.

QB Sean Glennon Sr. (???)
6'4" 230 4.8 (guessing, but he is a better athlete than given credit for/ gym guy)
Great size and a good arm. Lots of potential. Lots of experience. Draft stock hinges on this season. Looks good at times, but never looks like a natural back in the pocket. Could go day one or undrafted.

C/ G Ryan Shuman Sr. (???)
6'3" 315
Not sure how good of a prospect he is. But he has very good size and is experienced, after this year he will have been a three year starter. Powerful.

OT Ed Wang Jr. (???)
6'5" 315
Tons of potential. Great size and great athleticism for a left tackle. Former tight end. Could be a fast riser.

Those are the notable seniors and juniors. I could give some more homer guys but most of them don't start yet.

RonnieRun23
07-07-2008, 07:50 PM
Miami

WR Sam Shields JR
6'0 180 ran a 4.26 (!) last spring
Very talented, alwyas in the doghouse. Could blow up if he gets it all together.

S Randy Phillips SR
6'0 210 around a 4.55
Big prospect out of high-school, he's been playing out of position at CB. Could have a big year at safety

CB Bruce Johnson SR
5'11 175 4.34
Cover corner, consistent but not a big-time playmaker. 2nd-4th round pick.

S Anthony Reddick SR
6'0 208 4.6
Had a big upside, but injuries have derailed him his entire career.

LB Spencer Adkins SR
5'11 235 4.65 (rumors of 4.4)
Built like a tank, hard hitter. Highschool DE, hasn't developed well. Kind of similar to T-Good.

LT Jason Fox JR
6'6 310, 4.9-5.0
former tight end, very athletic. Poor man's Eric Winston (pre-injury)

RT Reggie Youngblood SR
6'5'' 315, 5.2
Former 5*, pretty athletic. Has started for a while, but not consistent.

DE Eric Moncur SR
6-2 260 4.7
BEAST. not getting a lot of attention, but outplayed Calais Campbell last year. Will be 25 when the draft comes.

NT Antonio Dixon SR
6'3 330 5.2
When he's on, he's on. Those times come rarely though and he's frequently injured. If he stays healthy and becomes more consistent, he could be a 2nd rounder.

Jonny
07-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Rutgers

QB Mike Teel - day 2. A better prospect than many realize. Was playing with a broken thumb last year. Has ideal size and a good arm.

WR Kenny Britt - 1st round. 6'3, 4.5 speed. I'm absolutely stunned that people aren't familiar with him yet. That will change very quickly.

WR Tiquan Underwood - day 2. Had a great first half of 2007, but is very thin. Hence, he doesn't take hits very well, and that led to struggles in the 2nd half.

S Courtney Greene - 3rd/4th round. He's a typical in the box safety.

The team has a lot of seniors this year, there are a lot of guys on defense who may or may not be in the mix depending on how they play.

DragonFireKai
07-07-2008, 08:56 PM
OSU

Brandon Hughes: CB: 5'11" 182: Fast and solid in press coverage. Very instinctual and experienced.

Al Afalava: FS: 5'11" 215: Aggressive instinctual hitter. Might not have great timed speed, but doesn't make many mistakes. Carries the mentality of a hockey defenseman.

Slade Norris: DE: 6'3" 245: Came to OSU as a SS. Riley decided he needed a rusher, had 9 sacks as a backup last season. Still fast enough to play safety. Decent 3-4 OLB project or Wave rusher in the vein of Mark Anderson or Elvis Dumervil.

Victor Butler: DE: 6'2" 235: Former running back, similar profile to Norris. Fast as hell, had 10.5 sacks as a backup last season, and has generally been terrifying in the spring.

Adam Speer: OG: 6'3" 301: Not as good as Perry or Schuening last season, but very quick feet and hands, and has experience at every position on the line.

Andy Levitre: LT: 6'3" 324: Might be better suited as a guard in the NFL. Very stout at point of attack, and an amazing run blocker. However his pass blocking leaves something to be desired.

Jeremy Perry: OG: 6'2" 334: Best guard in the country.

Sammie Stroughter: 6' 190: Think DeSean Jackson, without the size concerns. Returns kicks, punts, and is a very polished reciever.

kwilk103
07-07-2008, 09:28 PM
all of wvu's best prospects are underclassman and not eligiable

only pat white, greg isdaner (3rd team aa ot last year), and mortty ivy will be drafted

ATLDirtyBirds
07-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Anyone from your favorite school that most people don't know about?

VaTech.

SS/ FS Jr. Kam Chancellor (1st/ 2nd round)
6'4" 220 4.5
Amazing hitter. Amazing size. Amazing athlete. Good production. Can play SS or FS, played CB as a freshman.

CB Macho Harris Sr. (1st round)
6'0" 205 4.40 (guessing, might be 4.3 something)
Amazing natural ability. Great size and great production. Lockdown CB potential. Needs to concentrate more. Gets lazy. When he's on he is on. Also a good return man and can play offense.

I like both of them. I'm a real big fan of Macho.

YAYareaRB
07-07-2008, 11:15 PM
Al Afalava: FS: 5'11" 215: Aggressive instinctual hitter. Might not have great timed speed, but doesn't make many mistakes. Carries the mentality of a hockey defenseman.

MY COUSIN!!! +rep to you.

LSU:

Tyson Jackson DE
6'7" 270 lbs.
MONSTER DE. Has first round potential with a strong season and combine workout.

Keiland Williams HB
5'11" 226 lbs.
Good Size. Good Athlete. Will show us something when he gets the full load this season. FAAAAAST like a Nascar FAST!

Ricky Jean Francois DT
6'3" 280 lbs.
One of the most complete interior linemen, if not the most complete, in the country. Gamer. Shows up in big games. Monster DT.

Herman Johnson OG/OT
6'7" 350 lbs.
The big man of the o line group. First round potential. Just plays big down in the trenches. Great size for an offensive lineman and deceptivley athletic.

holt_bruce81
07-08-2008, 05:12 AM
Missouri

I'm sure everyone knows about Chase Daniel, Jeremy Maclin, William Moore and Chase Coffman, but some players you may not know about......

Sean Weatherspoon(JR) OLB

Denario Alexander(JR) WR

Carl Gettis(SO) CB

Ziggy Hood(SR) DT

Don Vito
07-08-2008, 11:35 AM
Ole Miss

Mike Oher OT SR (6-5 320 5.1) - Great LT prospect, top 10 potential. Is the total package.

Greg Hardy DE JR (6-5 255 4.7) - Hardy is a guy who was top 10 potential. He is an amazing athlete who has the production to back it up. Hardy has seen time at WR where he has 3 career TDs and he also led the SEC in sacks despite missing a few games last year. Could also play LB in the 3-4 in my opinion. Was a Freshman All-American two years ago and All-SEC as a sophmore last year.

Peria Jerry DT SR (6-1 305 5.0) - Jerry is a force at DT, he has first round potential but needs an amazing year to get there. Had a great season last year and is a complete DT. Was All-SEC last year as a junior.

Marcus Tillman DE JR (6-5 270 4.75) - Is overshadowed by Hardy and Jerry, but Tillman is a great player in his own right. Is a solid all around DE and a great athlete. Former fresman AA who could see his stock rise with a big season.

Mike Wallace WR SR (6-0 190 4.4) - Great athlete and deep threat, should get drafted in the middle-late rounds.

Jason Cook FB SR (6-1 240 4.7) - Great all around FB, is a brilliant guy who can block, catch ot of the backfield, and occasionally run the ball. I think he is a draftable fullback prospect.

John Jerry OL SR (6-6 340 5.3) - Jerry was superb at RG last year and moved to RT this year. Peria Jerry's twin brother. Jerry has big time potential and if he does well at tackle he could see his stock skyrocket.

JaMarca Sanford SS SR (5-11 210 4.6) - Sanford, a former OLB, is the leader of our defense and the most consistent player on that side of the ball. He is a great tackler and solid in coverage, but he doesn't have top notch athleticism NFL teams look for. Could be a Jamie Silva type prospect with a little more upside.

Addict
07-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Rutgers

QB Mike Teel - day 2. A better prospect than many realize. Was playing with a broken thumb last year. Has ideal size and a good arm.

WR Kenny Britt - 1st round. 6'3, 4.5 speed. I'm absolutely stunned that people aren't familiar with him yet. That will change very quickly.

WR Tiquan Underwood - day 2. Had a great first half of 2007, but is very thin. Hence, he doesn't take hits very well, and that led to struggles in the 2nd half.

The team has a lot of seniors this year, there are a lot of guys on defense who may or may not be in the mix depending on how they play.

wait, there's more than one Rutgers homer on the boards?

DragonFireKai
07-08-2008, 03:31 PM
wait, there's more than one Rutgers homer on the boards?

There's like five of them.

Addict
07-08-2008, 03:36 PM
There's like five of them.

oh god it's an epidemic.

scottyboy
07-08-2008, 03:46 PM
HEY HEY HEY!!!!! NO! I'm THE Rutgers homer. Jonny is a very knowledgeable poster and is really my reliance for RU recruiting, but that's MY title!!!!!!!! It's in my sig!!!!!!

totally ruined what I planned to post:

http://scarletknights.com/football/roster/roster-alph.asp

DragonFireKai
07-08-2008, 03:48 PM
HEY HEY HEY!!!!! NO! I'm THE Rutgers homer. Jonny is a very knowledgeable poster and is really my reliance for RU recruiting, but that's MY title!!!!!!!! It's in my sig!!!!!!

totally ruined what I planned to post:

http://scarletknights.com/football/roster/roster-alph.asp

You're the biggest and most blatant, but you aren't a singular THE.

eaglesfan_45
07-08-2008, 03:51 PM
Wow, Johnny you missed the top 2 Rutgers prospects.

Jamaal Westerman, DE, Rutgers
Height: 6-3. Weight: 256.
Projected 40 Time: 4.69.

ourtney Greene, SS/FS, Rutgers
Height: 6-1. Weight: 207.
Projected 40 Time: 4.49.

BTW, I' m not a Rutgers homer, he just missed the top-2 prospects

UNLV:
Frank Summers, UNLV -
Height: 5-10. Weight: 240.
Projected 40 Time: 4.66.

Good Power Back, at best he could be a good goal-line back. I wouldn't be suprised he wasn't drafted.

scottyboy
07-08-2008, 03:52 PM
You're the biggest and most blatant, but you aren't a singular THE.

Jonny is knowledgeable and less out of control. He also doesn't make blatant sexual jokes about them, espcially on IRC like I do... ;)

Addict
07-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Jonny is knowledgeable and less out of control. He also doesn't make blatant sexual jokes about them, espcially on IRC like I do... ;)

that is true.

fixed your code

Brent
07-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Texas A&M

Some are prospects, others are people to keep tabs on.

Stephen McGee QB SR (6'3" 220)
-Assuming he can hold on to his job.

Mike Goodson RB JR (6'0" 206)
-Coaching staff made Lane a fullback and said from the start of Spring that Mike is going to be the featured back in the new pro-style offense that was installed.

Jorvorskie Lane FB SR (6'0" 268)
-They moved his fat ass to fullback where he will do the same as last year: block and get easy short yardage runs. Don't expect much from him, ever.

Jamie McCoy TE JR (6'3" 227)
-QB converted to WR converted to TE. He's really, really athletic and the staff liked how he played in the Spring at TE. Hopefully he'll end up as a Jermichael Finley-type guy.

Pierre Brown - WR SR (6'2" 197)
-Really the only senior WR on the roster that will see playing time. Should start the season as the go-to guy at WR.

E.J. Shankle - WR JR (5'11" 174)
-Take my word for it when I say this dude can flat out run. He's so fast, it's silly. Hell of an athlete.

Danny Gorrer - DB SR (6'0" 177)
-Was pretty so-so all his career under Fran and the horrible choices we have had at defensive coordinator. This is his last year to show that he has talent.

Devin Gregg - DB SR (6'0" 191)
-Another senior that played some last year and is also looking to show off some talents.

Jordan Pugh - DB JR (6'0" 185)
-Saw playing time last year but didn't stand out, could have a good year this year if he finds more time in the CB rotation.

Jordan Peterson - DB JR (5'11" 184)
-"Ups and Downs" would seriously be the title of his biography. He has great games and plays one week and then the next he looks like the stereotypical white guy at CB (awful). Who knows what he'll do this year. Supposedly he was playing safety some but I don't know if that was a permanent move.

Justin Brantly - P SR (6'4" 245)
-This guy has a freakin' mortar for a leg. Hopefully he'll be the next Lechler.

tEk
07-08-2008, 07:16 PM
USC

David Ausberry WR 6'"4 235 runs a supposed 4.48 and has hands like love mittens.

Kevin Ellison(the other safety) S 6'1" 230 4.6 speed, but plays tons faster. guy is everywhere on the field. mays has the measureables but ellison plays better imo. the best safety duo in college football ladies and gentleman.

eaglesfan_45
07-09-2008, 08:06 PM
UNLV:
Geoffery Howard CB (Sr.) 5'10" 200 lbs.
look for him to be a late round pick, he will grow this season. He is well built.

Vaha Mafi DE/LB (jr.) 6'1" 250
he is strictly a pass rusher, great 3-4 OLB fit.

Darryl Forte S 5'10 200 lbs
Tough defender who lead the the team in tackles. He is a small FS but he should get drafted he reminds me of Baltimore Raven's Safety Haruki Nakumara (sp?).

Rodelin Anthony WR (Jr) 6'5" 230 lbs.
Doesn't have the stats but this season he is a team leader who should step up as sophomore QB Travis Dixon develops.

2010 Draft

Travis Dixon QB 6'2" 192 lbs.
He is a threat to run. As a freshman he ran for 342 yds and threw for 8 TD's.

Isaako Aaitui DE 6'3" 300 lbs.
A raw athlete with a ton of potential and he's somoan.

ncst8fan83
07-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Andre Brown RB
6'0" 230 4.47

A great RB if he could stay healthy for a season. I think that drops him to 2nd/3rd round, but talent wise he's 1st round easily.

Jeremy Grey CB
6'2" 190 4.5

Excellent Boundary corner who could make the switch to FS. Great ball skills, can make plays against the run, solid tackler (5th on team at 45 tackles while only starting 5 games). A 4th-5th round prospect right now.

Alan-Michael Cash DT
6'1" 295 4.85

Bull rusher who really gets after the QB. A smaller version of John McCargo, maybe? Probably better against the run than McCargo, but not as blessed athletically. 2nd day pickup. Potential backup DE in the 34 and 3rd down DT in the 43.

Curtis Crouch OG
6'5" 320 5.2

Weight control and motivation. The only things that hinders Curtis from having a wonderful career in college and beyond. Will be a workout warrior during the offseason next year. May shoot up draft boards. 5-6th rounder right now, with potential 2nd-3rd probably.

Donald Bowens WR
6'3" 206 4.49

Really emerged last year as a great #3 wr, but with the departure of Blackman and Dunlap, he'll have to step up as that #1 guy this year. Has the talent and drive, but the question will be QB play. Hopefully teams won't hold it against him. 3rd round WR at the moment with the ability to move up considerably.

Anthony Hill TE
6'6" 265 4.8

EXCELLENT blocker. Lacks concentration sometimes with the easy grabs, so will likely start out as a backup that comes in during running plays. Would be a great fit on a run first oriented team like Minnesota or Jacksonville. Probably a 2nd day pickup.

Geron James WR
6'3" 225 4.4

Plauged by academic troubles, has worked his way back on the team. Also put on about 20lbs of muscle in his year off the team. A major workout warrior, if he can ever put his considerable skills to use, he could be an amazing WR. 2nd day to undrafted right now, but he has the skills to be a 1st day pick.

Markus Kuhn DE
6'4" 280 4.7

The German was a pleasant surprise last year. While playing in 10 games with no starts, he recorded 32 tackles, 1 sack, and 3.5 TFL while being moved between DT and DE. Played LB in the German football leagues before coming stateside, which speaks to his athletic abilities. I'm not saying he'll be all world, but definitely someone to keep an eye on. No clue on his chances of being drafted, but I'd say 6th-undrafted right now.

Antoine Holmes DT/DE
6'2" 281 4.65

After transferring from a junior college last year, I know a lot of Wolfpack fans were excited about Holmes' abilities. 20 tackles, 3 sacks, & 5.5 TFL in 10 games with no starts. We are expecting big things from him this coming year as he lines up with Cash, Young, and Kuhn to form one of the better defensive lines in the ACC. Probably undrafted at the moment.

Willie Young DE
6'5" 243 4.5

Absent much of the year, Young really turned it on in the last 4/5 games. O'Brien was using our DE's as right side and left side all year until he figured out Willie can't get past a tackle AND a tight end. He then began moving him to the side without the TE and Willie responded by tearing up defenses to the tune of 38 tackles, 5.5 sacks, 15 TFL, 24 QBH, and 2 FF for the year. Will be excellent in a rush-backer role in the NFL ala Manny Lawson. Not the athlete of Lawson, but he'll surprise people with his workouts. Definitely a 1st day pick, most likely a 2nd rounder.

oregonbucfan
07-12-2008, 09:04 PM
Oregon

Jarius Byrd
Walter Thurmmond
Jasion Williams
Ed Dickson
Max Unger

fenikz
07-12-2008, 10:53 PM
Miami

Javarris James RB
Eric Moncur DE
Darryl Sharpton LB
Antonio Dixon DT

nikkayeah
07-13-2008, 03:54 AM
cal
worrell williams
syd'quan thompson
alex mack
mike tepper
nasty nate longshore
anthony felder
zack follett
rulon davis

DeathbyStat
07-13-2008, 09:49 AM
For Penn State

Maurice Evan

and

Aaron Maybin

Two very good pass rushers

Gchu83
07-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Texas

Quan Cosby WR
Jordan Shipley WR
Roy Miller DT
Vondrell McGee RB
Jared Norton LB
Sergio Kindle LB

BaLLiN
07-14-2008, 09:32 PM
Well i know this is huge homerism, but i really think that Courtney Greene could be a top 20 pick next year.

eaglesfan_45
07-15-2008, 03:53 AM
Andre Brown RB
6'0" 230 4.47

A great RB if he could stay healthy for a season. I think that drops him to 2nd/3rd round, but talent wise he's 1st round easily

Is Brown considered a power runner? He's definitely got the size.

Jonny
07-15-2008, 05:32 AM
Yeah you're being a homer. Greene is a nice playmaker but he's a classic box safety. Doesn't really have the speed or coverage skills to go that early.

Texas Homer
07-26-2008, 06:47 AM
Soph. OT Kyle Hix Texas

I think he will be a more athletic version of Alex Boone.

OG Cedric Dockery Texas

He's a sleeper, but I think he will put together a strong Sr. campaign and end up getting drafted.

Cigaro
07-26-2008, 01:09 PM
Jasper Brinkley, LB- Dominating middle linebacker. At 6'2, 270, he reportedly is at around 6% body fat, and runs a 4.7 40 coming off a bum knee. And he's not just physically impressive, he backs it up on the field; was first-team All-SEC his first year at SC, and was set to repeat last year before the injury.

Emmanuel Cook, S- Very comparable to Bob Sanders. Is a small bottle of lightning. One of the hardest hitters in the SEC, as well as possessing nice coverage ability. Runs a 4.4 40 and has a nose for the ball.

Captain Munnerlyn, CB- Top corner in the SEC, extremely underrated. No quarterback could pass on him last year. Was best defensive back on a defense that was fourth in the nation in pass defense. Runs a 4.3 40 and possesses nice return skills.

Eric Norwood, LB/DE- A top 3-4 OLB prospect. Freshman All-American in 2006, All-SEC in 2007. Is a pass rushing monster with a knack for the big play. Moved to the WILL position from defensive end so our new DC can use him in more varied ways.

Rodney Paulk, LB- Extremely underrated. Not on Norwood or Brinkley's level, but a solid linebacker. Has started every game since arriving on campus, and excelled in those games as well. Isn't amazing in pass coverage, but is a good fit at the MIKE or WILL position at the next level.

Kenny McKinley, WR- Top pure receiver in the SEC last year. Played most of the season without a legitimate threat aside from him, so he was constantly doubled, yet still put up good numbers. Is set to break many South Carolina receiving records this season.

Jared Cook, TE- A player in the mold of Vernon Davis, and is now coached by Vernon Davis's former coach. At 6'5, 240 pounds, he runs a sub 4.4 40. Will bulk up to 250 by the beginning of this season, but should still run a 4.4 40. A little inconsistant, but once he gets it down, could be an All-SEC tightend.

Jamon Meredith, OT- Will be forced to sit out the first two games of the season because of an NCAA medical hardship grant. Before that though, started 19 straight games. Is easily our best offensive lineman. Could play guard or tackle at the next level. Has a nice combination of feet and strength.

UNLV:
Frank Summers, UNLV -
Height: 5-10. Weight: 240.
Projected 40 Time: 4.66.

Good Power Back, at best he could be a good goal-line back. I wouldn't be suprised he wasn't drafted.

Nice call on Frank the Tank. I think he'll get picked up if not drafted, although as a fullback.

'cuse-213
07-26-2008, 01:59 PM
Syracuse-

BufFan71
07-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Colorado:

George Hypolite: DT 6'1 290lbs
is a great pass rusher. isnt very big, will get drafted by a team that runs a tampa 2 system. playmaker at DT

Brad Jones: OLB 6'3 230lbs
fast, has the ability to bulk without losing much athleticism

Ryan Walters: SS 5'11 200lbs
not very fast, and is undersized, but is always around the ball

Taj Kaynor: DE 6'5 270lbs
might be picked, or signed on straight potential, unachiever who hasnt played much

themaninblack
07-27-2008, 11:01 AM
Captain Munnerlyn is not the best CB in the SEC. That title belongs to Asher Allen. Hey this is the homer thread, right?

dcarey20
07-28-2008, 02:21 PM
LB Dave Philistin, CB Kevin Barnes

MetSox17
07-29-2008, 02:37 AM
Texas

Quan Cosby WR
Jordan Shipley WR
Roy Miller DT
Vondrell McGee RB
Jared Norton LB
Sergio Kindle LB

You can add Rod Muckelroy to that list. He's a beast.

Curtis Brown and Deon Beasley should make some noise this year as well.

roidrunner
08-08-2008, 02:59 PM
Louisville:

Hunter Cantwell
Brock Bolen

thats about it.

toonsterwu
08-24-2008, 11:44 PM
The top UVA prospects are fairly known:

1. Eugene Monroe - Potential early first rounder. At worst, unless he bombs or gets hurt, he should be a 2nd rounder (again, at worst).
2. Clint Sintim - If he runs a rumored 4.6 time and has a big senior year, he could move up to the 2nd round range. Right now, I'd guess 3rd/4th.
3. Antonio Appleby - I don't think anyone thought Sintim/Appleby would be better pros than Parham/Brooks/Blackstock, but that might be the case. Big strong. I'd guess 3rd/4th right now.
4. Cedric Peerman - The 40 time will make or break him ... and I'm guessing it'll be around 4.5ish, which will mean a 5th-7th round type status.
5. Jon Copper - I could see him get pick up late as a workmanlike depth LB that plays on ST's.
6. John Phillips - Overshadowed by Stupar and Santi, Phillips has the tools to make the NFL. Late round-UDFA type.
7. Alex Field - A bit of an unknown right now, he has some good athletic tools, though, for his size (6'7" 275) and a strong season could propel him forward. For now, I think he's late round-UDFA due to lack of experience.

Unlikely to be considered for a draft pick as of now - Byron Glaspy/Zak Stair/Scott Deke/Aaron Clark.

Juniors that could make a difference:

1. Kevin Ogletree - Two years ago, Ogletree was about to emerge. Then, he got hurt. If he's healthy, he offers good size (6'2" 190) with downfield speed (rumored 4.3/4.4 before injury).
2. Mikell Simpson - All-purpose type who isn't really a runner. Think Reggie Bush-lite (not saying he's as talented as Bush, just comparing how they'd be used). A big season and he might skip a year.
3. Will Barker - I'd put his chances on turning pro as very low, but not impossible. He has the athleticism to get better in pass pro. Nasty as a run blocker. Think Brad Butler - but I like Barker better.
4. Nate Collins - I'd put the chances on him going as low as well. Doesn't really have the top tools to excel as a 3-4 NT at the next level, and isn't really a great 3-4 DE. His best spot might be in the 4-3. I expect him to be back, though.
5. Vic Hall - I doubt he goes pro, but he has all the tools to be a solid, albeit small, CB at the next level.

Draft King
08-25-2008, 12:07 AM
Javarris James - Cousin of Edgerrin James hasn't had a chance to shine with the recent Miami struggles. I see him as a sleeper pick.

ToldLikeItIs
08-25-2008, 04:44 AM
Iowa

DT - Mitch King
6'3 280
Forty - 4.75-4.8

Will play DE in the NFL around 265 ish, non-stop motor, four year starter, and I predict round 3-4.

DT - Matt Kroul
6'3 285
Forty 4.9

Will play DT in the NFL, might bulk up to 292, four year starter, great against the run. I predict round 5-7.

CB - Bradley Fletcher
6'2 205
Forty - 4.54, 43.5 vertical leap.

Could play safety in the NFL, but I think he'll play corner, might drop a few lbs and improve the forty down in the high 4.4 range. I think he's going to blow up this year, will be a two year starter and already possessing prototypical plus size, could break into the first day.

WR - Andy Brodell
6'3 205
Forty - 4.45

Will play WR. Former Iowa quad-state track champion and will be two year starter. Against Texas in the Alamo Bowl really broke out with two touchdowns and an absolute torching of Aaron Ross. With a big SR year, I'm guessing 2nd day.

OG - Seth Olsen
6'5 315
Forty - 5.1

Will play Guard, could play tackle. Three-year starter with great size and a recognized teacher in Kirk Ferentz. Production, as usual, has to happen here, with it I'm thinking rounds 2-5. Very lean muscle mass for his size, his bench is impressive, but I don't know the exact numbers.

TE - Brandon Myers
6'4 250
Forty - 4.65

TE. Former walk-on with great athletic ability and reliable hands. Spelled Tony Moeaki last year to the tune of 30+ catches and 5 tds in a back-up role. Will start this year, and has NFL size and athleticism. With a big year, could be an early 2nd day pick.

P-L
08-25-2008, 01:09 PM
Michigan really doesn't have many great NFL prospects for this coming draft, and almost all the ones they do are on the defense. CB Morgan Trent is expected to put up a killer combine (he ran a reported 4.13 40 this spring) and should run a sub-4.4 pretty easily. DT Terrence Taylor is supposedly in better shape now than he was during his sophomore year. He really disappointed me last year, but I have high hopes for him this year. DE Tim Jamison has always had a lot of potential, but so far he hasn't put it together. So far he's looked really, really good opposite Brandon Graham this Spring and Summer. With a good season, DT Will Johnson could also get drafted in the later rounds, but I wouldn't bet on it.

As far as juniors go, the discussion starts with DE Brandon Graham. He was recruited as a LB but quickly grew out of the position. He's 6'3" 270, runs a 4.65-4.70 40, and recorded 9.5 TFL and 8.5 sacks while only making 5 starts last season. If he has a great year like that while starting the whole season, he'll probably come out early. Another guy to watch for is a bit of a wild card in TE Carson Butler. He has 1st Round ability but doesn't play like it with any consistancy and has some character issues. If he figures it all out this year, he could be an intriguing player for some team to gamble.

If you want a real homer statement, I'll give you this: Donovan Warren will be the first CB selected in the 2010 NFL Draft.

Saints-Tigers
08-27-2008, 05:05 AM
For LSU there are a few guys I really like as pro prospects off the top of my head.

Tyson Jackson: Big versatile linemen, he can play in any scheme, probably inside and outside of the line in a 4-3, I think he might grade out like Adam Carriker, maybe a bit higher.

Herman Johnson: A massive road grader that might actually be better at tackle than guard, very nimble for a guy that should measure in at anywhere between 360-380. Could be a real force in the run game while providing adequate pass protection. A guard like Shawn Andrews or Leonard Davis maybe?

Keiland Williams: Prototypical halfback, about 5'11, 225, and should run somewhere in the 4.4-4.45 range I'd say. Great blend of size, speed, shiftiness, and power. He can pound the rock up the gut, or break big gains, needs to show more as a receiver to warrant a high first rounder though.

Chad Jones: He's not draft eligible this year, but he' 6'3, 220, with great speed and instincts, and he can really lay the lumber, either on receivers or tightends in the middle, or meeting a running back in the hole. He's a wonderful safety prospect, shades of LaRon Landry already, as a freshman that didn't start any games he had: 34 tackles, 3 tackles for a loss, 4 pass breakups, 2 sacks, an interception, and a forced fumble. I'd be surprised if he isn't a top 15 pick when he comes out.

josh07039
08-27-2008, 09:53 AM
Rutgers
Jamaal Westerman DE 6-3 265-Has been overshadowed on the line by Meekins and Foster the last few years, but has still put up impressive numbers and been a consistent force on the O-line. If he replicates his last two season hes looks like a 3rd-4th rounder-probably closer to 4th

Courtney Greene S 6-2 215- Many view him as a prototypical in the box safety, however, that is merely because his good coverage skills are overshadowed by his show stopping hard hits. He is a leader and a smart player who has played under a former pro defensive coordinator.
2nd or 3rd rounder

Tiquan Underwood WR 6-2 185- A tall rangy wide receiver with outstanding speed and improving hands. Great quickness and uses it to break tackles and get YAC. He came into Rutgers as more of a Qb than a Wr and had problems with route running and drops, but has really improved over the last two season with last year being his break out year. He showed he is a big play threat that also has the ability to catch balls in the endzone by using his leaping ability. He has the ability to be a great slot receiver in the nfl and has the potential to be a #2 if he can put on some muscle without losing any on his speed and quickness. He could go in a wide range of rounds based on his 40 time which in practice has been clocked at low 4.3s. Obviously that number has to be slightly exaggerated, but if he runs a sub 4.4 and puts up numbers again this year, he could potentially go in the 2nd( look at Donnie Avery). More realistically 3rd or 4th.

Kevin Brock TE 6-5 255- Not much of a prospect, solid blocker and receiver with good hands but not great physical tools. So-So player who would need an unbelievably solid season to even be considered a prospect. 7th Rounder/Free agent

Pete Tverdov DT 6-4 270- Solid college player who is pretty much just that. Not too big not too athletic. Pretty much no chance. His only shot would be having a big year and becoming a 3-4 defensive end because he is solid against the run

Gary Watts DE 6-3 245- A disappointment who always flashed potential but never fully realized it, probably won't start but will be in the rotation at D-line. Won't have a big year unless injuries force him on the field for longer than Schiano wants. Free Agent

I wont do Kenny Britt because I am in denial, he is not a prospect because he is not eligible for the draft.

EDIT-forgot to mention Jason Mccourty- I don't really like him as a player. Think hes a godd athlete but not enough to distinguish himself. I think he more explosive and talented than his brother. Maybe makes a practice squad if he shows some play making ability senior year.

yo123
08-27-2008, 06:02 PM
Minnesota

WR Eric Decker- Very productive sophomore year last year with 67 catches for 900 yards and 9 TD's. Good size at 6'2 215, and decent speed at around 4.5-4.55. With another good season and a good combine he could be a mid round pick

Cribbs>Hester
08-27-2008, 07:24 PM
Missouri

I'm sure everyone knows about Chase Daniel, Jeremy Maclin, William Moore and Chase Coffman, but some players you may not know about......

Sean Weatherspoon(JR) OLB

Denario Alexander(JR) WR

Carl Gettis(SO) CB

Ziggy Hood(SR) DT

Most underrated DT in the draft. I would rank him #1 right now. The other guys are all overrated just because of schools tradition producing DT's.