PDA

View Full Version : Ideal Mock Draft

bored of education
02-28-2007, 07:07 PM
post your ideal mock draft.

I'll post mine later tonight. It really hinders on keeping Allen. If we don't then I don't know I'll make a new one.

bored of education
03-01-2007, 12:14 AM
I smell soomething fishy that we aren't catching onto

and without further adieu(sp.)

my final Mock Draft Chiefs Style a realistic look

1st Round- Aaron Ross/Chris Houston
2nd Round- Tony Ugoh
3rd Round- Ikaika Alma Francis or Kareem Brown
5th Round-Brandon Myles
6th round A- Nate Harris ILB Louisville
6th round B-Kasey Studdard Guard, Texas
7th Round- Eldra Buckley RB

THAT IS MY FINAL ANSWER

for some reasonnnnn i dont see addressing Wide 1st day.

i have a funny feeling herm will not address it first day

Ho0k Em'
03-01-2007, 06:30 AM
1. Robert Meachem WR
2. Eric Wright CB
3. Kareem Brown/Justin Harrell DT
5. Mario Henderson/Brandon Frye OT
6. Micheal Okwo LB
6. Cory Anderson FB
7. Kasey Studdard OG

T-RICH49
03-01-2007, 11:34 AM
Round 1. Levi Brown
Round 2. Jon Beason
Round 3. Jason Hill
Round 5. Jonathan Wade
Round 6. Alan Barber
Round 6. Leron McCalin
Round 7. Justin Medlock

Hermstheman83
03-01-2007, 03:49 PM
I'm assuming Kawika is going to leave, leaving a big gaping hold in our defense.
Trade Down with SD their first and third for our 23rd pick(They take up Meachem), we take Patrick WIllis
2. Tony Ugoh, LT
3a. Johnathan Wade, CB
3b. Kareem Brown/Justin Harrell
(Could we trade out Green with Oakland for their fourth rounder? That'd be a nightmare for me, so I don't want to speculate)
5.Garrett Wolfe, RB
6aMike Jones, G
6b. Brandon Myles, WR
7.BPA

bored of education
03-01-2007, 06:42 PM
IF MITCHELL LEAVES:

1. Robert Meachem
2. Tony Ugoh
3. Desmond Bishop
5. Anthony Airline
6. Joe Cohen
7. Eldra Buckley or Alonzo Coleman

T-RICH49
03-02-2007, 08:34 AM
If Mitchell walks

1. Patrick Willis
2. Tony Ugoh
3. Jason Hill
5. Jonathan Wade
6. Alan Barber
6. LeRon McClain
7. Yamon Figurs

Ho0k Em'
03-02-2007, 12:22 PM
If Mitchell walks

1. Patrick Willis
2. Tony Ugoh
3. Jason Hill
5. Jonathan Wade
6. Alan Barber
6. LeRon McClain
7. Yamon Figurs

No chance we get Figurs in the 7th? I highly highly doubt Wade will be there in the 5th also.

Hermstheman83
03-02-2007, 01:52 PM
No chance we get Figurs in the 7th? I highly highly doubt Wade will be there in the 5th also.

Yea, I agree, I'm was perplexed between John Wade and Tanard Jackon from Syracuse. I picked John Wade because I like him better.

Also, how do you guys' get info on prospects in the later rounds? I've never even heard of Figurs. I guess that must be a regional thing, because everyone around where I live(Davenport, IA) is all about the Hawkeye Lineman. But once again I have no basis for selecting him.

Another problem I have is why people want KC to pick Cb's in the first round. I thought Herm doesn't pick CB's in the 1st round. Also, we have more pressing needs right? I hope Willis is there when we pick.

USAF Chief
03-02-2007, 03:18 PM
What makes Willis any more of a "necessity" than a CB? According to our current roster we are fine at MLB and LB in general is probably one of our strongest areas to be honest.

CB's like Houston don't come around often and can be game changers on defense. True it's not our most pressing need, but in the event a star corner fell to us, I wouldn't turn him down to reach for a player of need.

Law/Surtain are going to be on a steep decline shortly and we'll need young talent at corner and we gotta get someone first day to compete.

If we pick any combination of CB/DT/LT/WR in the first day I'll be happy most likely.

Im also a fan of trading LJ for an additional first round pick. 4 first day picks equals potentially all 4 of those positions being filled.

Trade Trent and we get more cap room and space to sign a project player that could do big things (someone like Jacoby Jones or Yamon Figurs)

Later.

Ho0k Em'
03-02-2007, 04:03 PM
Yea, I agree, I'm was perplexed between John Wade and Tanard Jackon from Syracuse. I picked John Wade because I like him better.

Also, how do you guys' get info on prospects in the later rounds? I've never even heard of Figurs. I guess that must be a regional thing, because everyone around where I live(Davenport, IA) is all about the Hawkeye Lineman. But once again I have no basis for selecting him.

Another problem I have is why people want KC to pick Cb's in the first round. I thought Herm doesn't pick CB's in the 1st round. Also, we have more pressing needs right? I hope Willis is there when we pick.

I would love to get Jonathan Wade being a fan of his, but he'd be better as a 3rd round pick. Figurs plays for K-State and living in Kansas i saw him a fair amount and he has the potential to be a top return man in the game. With the emergence of Hester I think that a top returner can shoot up draft boards, and especially after he ran a 4.3.

Well if you think about it past Okoye and Branch there is a big drop off at DT. There are alot of good 1st round CB's in this draft with Revis, Hall, Houston, Ross that could all be future studs. I hope Willis is there whe we pick too, but he's the only 1st round LB i would want. WR is also a need, but there is fairly good depth there and personally i'm a fan of taking a 1st round WR, but we've gotten by with so-so recievers in the past. After JT and Levi there is a big drop off in LT, and we could get a good one in the 2nd.

Ho0k Em'
03-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Im also a fan of trading LJ for an additional first round pick. 4 first day picks equals potentially all 4 of those positions being filled.

Later.

potentially is the main word there and the chance of us getting 4 quality starters are not great.

USAF Chief
03-02-2007, 04:25 PM
Herm proved last year his ability to draft well. Don't count him out yet.

We aren't looking for pro-bowlers in their first season, and to be quite honest we don't need them to be (although it would be nice)

Assuming a DT/CB combo could come in and start for our defense I could see our D being much better.

If we got a WR/LT combo they would improve our offense greatly I believe also.

Draft:

Trade LJ for top 15 pick
Trade Green for a 4th or 5th
1A. Chris Houston
1B. Robert Meachem
2. Joe Staley
3. Ryan McBean
4. RB (not sure who, but pick a runner here if we get 4th for Trent)
OR
5A. RB here
5B. OL prospect or Yamon Figurs
6. BPA
7. BPA

Houston/McBean/Staley/Meachem .... 4 starters potentially that could do big things in their first year. Sign another FA DT to start opposite McBean and find a starter at RT and we are good.

Later.

Ho0k Em'
03-02-2007, 04:36 PM
Herm proved last year his ability to draft well. Don't count him out yet.

We aren't looking for pro-bowlers in their first season, and to be quite honest we don't need them to be (although it would be nice)

Assuming a DT/CB combo could come in and start for our defense I could see our D being much better.

If we got a WR/LT combo they would improve our offense greatly I believe also.

Draft:

Trade LJ for top 15 pick
Trade Green for a 4th or 5th
1A. Chris Houston
1B. Robert Meachem
2. Joe Staley
3. Ryan McBean
4. RB (not sure who, but pick a runner here if we get 4th for Trent)
OR
5A. RB here
5B. OL prospect or Yamon Figurs
6. BPA
7. BPA

Houston/McBean/Staley/Meachem .... 4 starters potentially that could do big things in their first year. Sign another FA DT to start opposite McBean and find a starter at RT and we are good.

Later.

Yes, but there is no perfect science to drafting you not going to be great everytime. You would want to trade LJ and not want to pick a RB 1st day?? You wan't to stick Micheal Bennett and a 4th round pick in there?? I don't really see the logic there.

USAF Chief
03-02-2007, 08:22 PM
I don't think you need a first day running back more than you need the other positions. We could survive with the latter for this year (especially if we are considering this a "rebuilding" year like everyone keeps talking) then we have no reason to keep a back like LJ and allow him to leave and let's get a young guy that can make a difference instead.

If we fill our holes this year and suffer through a season, we can spend a first day pick next year to get someone else (but then again who says a 4th round back can't be productive enough?)

Later.

Hermstheman83
03-03-2007, 01:13 AM
What makes Willis any more of a "necessity" than a CB? According to our current roster we are fine at MLB and LB in general is probably one of our strongest areas to be honest.

CB's like Houston don't come around often and can be game changers on defense. True it's not our most pressing need, but in the event a star corner fell to us, I wouldn't turn him down to reach for a player of need.

Law/Surtain are going to be on a steep decline shortly and we'll need young talent at corner and we gotta get someone first day to compete.

If we pick any combination of CB/DT/LT/WR in the first day I'll be happy most likely.

Trade Trent and we get more cap room and space to sign a project player that could do big things (someone like Jacoby Jones or Yamon Figurs)

Later.

I can see your point, I think philosophers call it an utilitarian argument, trade one for many, so many can benefit.
Ok, but one, LJ is the center peice of our offense. He's a big, tough strong runner. I personally think that McGahee is none of that. What I like about Willis is not only is he a stud MLB, but he's also a good character guy. Something you don't see too often(watch he's caught smoking crack or something while I write this eh?).

I agree that stud CB's don't come around too often(I saw some clips of Chris Houston just ripping apart of Wide Reciever and got chills), but I would argue that John Wade could be a stud cornerback and would start in the first season. With Kawika Mitchell leaving, Our Linebacking core would be set for years to come with picking Willis up(Bell, Willis and Johnson)

I think your right, in the end, you need to go with the BPA. You don't want to pass up a guy who can definately change the game.Also, Herm can draft well. Lastly, I don't see him drafting a WR too high either. He's pretty high on Jeff Webb( can anyone tell me what they think about him?). So if we go Defense first round, LT second, that's the start of a fantastic draft to me.

USAF Chief
03-03-2007, 06:03 AM
But I don't think we need to spend a 1st round pick right now on a position like MLB because although we have been talking about no more FA band-aids I think we could easily bring in a Donnie Edwards (a veteran with a TON of experience in all types of defense and a great MLB) who could be kept on in the event we draft a MLB next year because they will surely need taught.

LJ is the center of our offense, but the fact of the matter is that with another 350-400 carry season, he's going to be done. Why not trade him now while he still has value and get a great young player for him? I think we can find a 1200-1400 yard rusher early in day 2 or thru FA that will work. If you think about it we'll have more options next year with a young WR, and possibly a few other WRs (Webb, Hannon) so the gameplan **potentially** will not be "LJ to the Left, LJ to the Right, LJ Up the Middle"

If you look at history, STUD CB's change a defense. They are able to provide great coverage and good tackling but what they really bring to the table are those moments when they are able to provide the game changing interceptions. Look at Champ Bailey and Chris McAlister for example. They are vital to their team(s) success.

I'm one of the guys willing to take one for the team and would give up a star at one position to get 4 guys who can produce because the overall team would be better.

Later.

Ho0k Em'
03-03-2007, 10:55 AM
But I don't think we need to spend a 1st round pick right now on a position like MLB because although we have been talking about no more FA band-aids I think we could easily bring in a Donnie Edwards (a veteran with a TON of experience in all types of defense and a great MLB) who could be kept on in the event we draft a MLB next year because they will surely need taught.

LJ is the center of our offense, but the fact of the matter is that with another 350-400 carry season, he's going to be done. Why not trade him now while he still has value and get a great young player for him? I think we can find a 1200-1400 yard rusher early in day 2 or thru FA that will work. If you think about it we'll have more options next year with a young WR, and possibly a few other WRs (Webb, Hannon) so the gameplan **potentially** will not be "LJ to the Left, LJ to the Right, LJ Up the Middle"

If you look at history, STUD CB's change a defense. They are able to provide great coverage and good tackling but what they really bring to the table are those moments when they are able to provide the game changing interceptions. Look at Champ Bailey and Chris McAlister for example. They are vital to their team(s) success.

I'm one of the guys willing to take one for the team and would give up a star at one position to get 4 guys who can produce because the overall team would be better.

Later.

I think you and Herm are are a bit to optimistic. Like you said earlier if this year is a "rebuilding" then why overpay an old LB when we have somewhat adequete replacements. Name one 2nd day RB who got 1200-1400 yards his 1st year or a FA that you think can get those yards with our line??? If Herm really like Webb so much and he has the potential to be a #1 reciever why didn't he get jack for playing time? Was Hannon ever even called up last year? There is NOT an exact science to drafting. I'm sure even Herm has drafted bust. DeWayne Robertson isn't a bust, but he definitely hasn't lived up to his pick. The Croyle pick right now doesn't look like such a great pick. Not everyone of his picks are going to be able to come in produce especially not right away.

bored of education
03-03-2007, 11:08 AM
I like the idea of going CB/WR first round: Meachem, Bowe, Jarrett, Houston, Revis, Ross.
2nd round get Ugoh or Staley if neither available then go for Mebane or Mcbean
3rd round a wr like allison, baker, paul williams, stuckey, jones or a OT if we haven't gotten one like Henderson or Marten

Hermstheman83
03-03-2007, 11:40 AM
I think you and Herm are are a bit to optimistic. Like you said earlier if this year is a "rebuilding" then why overpay an old LB when we have somewhat adequete replacements. Name one 2nd day RB who got 1200-1400 yards his 1st year or a FA that you think can get those yards with our line??? If Herm really like Webb so much and he has the potential to be a #1 reciever why didn't he get jack for playing time? Was Hannon ever even called up last year? There is NOT an exact science to drafting. I'm sure even Herm has drafted bust. DeWayne Robertson isn't a bust, but he definitely hasn't lived up to his pick. The Croyle pick right now doesn't look like such a great pick. Not everyone of his picks are going to be able to come in produce especially not right away.

I agree with that. Herm Edwards is not a perfect drafter. Our draft last year was one of the greatest in recent KC history. In the year-end press conference, Herm said he expects Webb to be a dynamic reciever next season. As for Croyle, No one really knows. I haven't read anywhere that speculates that he's going to suck. I thought his big problem coming out of high school is that he gets injured alot, a thing that can be quickly remedied by Strength Training, etc. But other than that, he has all the tools to be a really good QB.
Also, Was LJ even out for a game this year? IF that's true why wouldn't you expect LJ to keep going at that pace? I haven't looked at the Bills OLine, but I think I can assume it's alot better than ours and he still didn't churn out the yards like LJ did.
Yes, a STUD CB can change the game, but so can any position. Neil Smith, Derrick Thomas, Champ Bailey, all studs who can literally take over a game. Look at the bears the Mr. Brian Urlacher. Who would you take if they were draft picks...Champ Bailey, or Brian Urlacher? Personally, I would take Urlacher.
So Hook' em. What would you do? Would you trade LJ for a potentially four starters?

Ho0k Em'
03-03-2007, 01:44 PM
I agree with that. Herm Edwards is not a perfect drafter. Our draft last year was one of the greatest in recent KC history. In the year-end press conference, Herm said he expects Webb to be a dynamic reciever next season. As for Croyle, No one really knows. I haven't read anywhere that speculates that he's going to suck. I thought his big problem coming out of high school is that he gets injured alot, a thing that can be quickly remedied by Strength Training, etc. But other than that, he has all the tools to be a really good QB.
Also, Was LJ even out for a game this year? IF that's true why wouldn't you expect LJ to keep going at that pace? I haven't looked at the Bills OLine, but I think I can assume it's alot better than ours and he still didn't churn out the yards like LJ did.
Yes, a STUD CB can change the game, but so can any position. Neil Smith, Derrick Thomas, Champ Bailey, all studs who can literally take over a game. Look at the bears the Mr. Brian Urlacher. Who would you take if they were draft picks...Champ Bailey, or Brian Urlacher? Personally, I would take Urlacher.
So Hook' em. What would you do? Would you trade LJ for a potentially four starters?

I was never a fan of Croyle coming out of college. I always saw him as more of a game manager than a player that can win games for you. He has decent accuracy and good arm strength, but not necessarily a good deep ball. Until he does at least something to somewhat show he he can be player in this league my opinion is going to be the same. In the past it shows that after RB's have a 400+ carry yard season their production drops which is probably what he's baseing it off of. POTENTIAL is the main word there. We could probably get a 1st, a mid rounder this year, and maybe a mid rounder next year. So i'll say 3 instead of 4, and chances are only 2 of them will be starters and we'll be lucky if one is a star. LJ is an elite player in this league, the best player on our team, and the 2nd best player in the league. No I would not trade him for a 1st rounder and a a couple mid-rounders.

Hermstheman83
03-04-2007, 06:51 PM
I was never a fan of Croyle coming out of college. I always saw him as more of a game manager than a player that can win games for you. He has decent accuracy and good arm strength, but not necessarily a good deep ball. Until he does at least something to somewhat show he he can be player in this league my opinion is going to be the same. In the past it shows that after RB's have a 400+ carry yard season their production drops which is probably what he's baseing it off of. POTENTIAL is the main word there. We could probably get a 1st, a mid rounder this year, and maybe a mid rounder next year. So i'll say 3 instead of 4, and chances are only 2 of them will be starters and we'll be lucky if one is a star. LJ is an elite player in this league, the best player on our team, and the 2nd best player in the league. No I would not trade him for a 1st rounder and a a couple mid-rounders.

I think that is why Green and Herm don't see Eye-to-eye offensively. Green prospered in a system where it was normal to chuck it 40 yards downfield. Herm wants clock control, short passes, run,run,run. I don't really see Herm trading LJ away. RB's production drops after a 400+ carry season, So I think if we were to trade out LJ, now would be the time. However, this could be resolved by a dual-back system for a power-running clock control offense, but that leaves another quandry...LJ don't like to share the rock.
If we did trade LJ away. The only guy I see Herm drafting in terms of Running backs is Michael Bush, who is probably a second rounder and just got off an injury that took him out for the season(but when he played he was unbelievable). So trade the Bills their first round pick for LJ, then:
1a: Amobi Okoye
1b-->Trade down w/ SD for first and third(approx. the same), Pat Willis
2-->Michael Bush
3a-->Johnathan Wade
3b-->BPAWR

Ho0k Em'
03-04-2007, 07:15 PM
I think that is why Green and Herm don't see Eye-to-eye offensively. Green prospered in a system where it was normal to chuck it 40 yards downfield. Herm wants clock control, short passes, run,run,run. I don't really see Herm trading LJ away. RB's production drops after a 400+ carry season, So I think if we were to trade out LJ, now would be the time. However, this could be resolved by a dual-back system for a power-running clock control offense, but that leaves another quandry...LJ don't like to share the rock.
If we did trade LJ away. The only guy I see Herm drafting in terms of Running backs is Michael Bush, who is probably a second rounder and just got off an injury that took him out for the season(but when he played he was unbelievable). So trade the Bills their first round pick for LJ, then:
1a: Amobi Okoye
1b-->Trade down w/ SD for first and third(approx. the same), Pat Willis
2-->Michael Bush
3a-->Johnathan Wade
3b-->BPAWR

Idk why you think Herm would only draft Micheal Bush. We traded for Bennet so that leaves me 2 believe he doesn't necessarily need 2 power backs. Also I we'd be lucky to get P-Willie at 23 let alone 30.

Hermstheman83
03-04-2007, 10:53 PM
Idk why you think Herm would only draft Micheal Bush. We traded for Bennet so that leaves me 2 believe he doesn't necessarily need 2 power backs. Also I we'd be lucky to get P-Willie at 23 let alone 30.

Really? That'd be sweet if he was there(NFLDC has him going #26, willis). I'd think Willis OR Houston will be there at twenty-three. Who's the teams that need a MLB?
Also, Bennet was a pro-bowler in Minnesota of all places....worth the risk of a fourth round pick IMHO.

Also, I think he's committed to building a stellar defense, so using that first pick would be on a position that would help develop a pass rush. Also, Michael bush is like 240 pounds, pretty close to LJ in terms of weight(230), I figure if your going to trade away a player like that, you should get a guy who is a similar type of player. The question is...will he be available in round two when we pick?

T-RICH49
03-04-2007, 11:30 PM
What about Darrelle Revis?can he fit a Cover 2 scheme?

Hermstheman83
03-04-2007, 11:52 PM
What about Darrelle Revis?can he fit a Cover 2 scheme?
One good thing about the Cover 2, is that you don't need big time CB's to be in it. Revis would be an awesome pick up too.
I think he'll be gone by the time we pick at 23. If we had the twelvfth(sp) pick, I would bet my car that we'd pick Amobi. Also, if Willis is gone(which you don't know, he's projected to be right around that area), I think we should go Robert Meachem.

T-RICH49
03-04-2007, 11:55 PM
If any of the following CB's were at 23 then we should grab them

Chris Houston
Darrelle Revis
Leon Hall(his combine might have helped his once falling stock though)

Hermstheman83
03-05-2007, 12:00 PM
Yea, I don't know why, but I think Leon Hall is a younger version of Ty Law. I would agree with you, assuming Kawika Mitchell leaves. Johnathan Wade is underrated as far as i'm concerned(of which I have no basis)

KaneMarko
03-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Seeing as how the Chiefs are supposedly calling around trying to trade Trent, I'd:

Trade Trent and Eric Hicks to the Dolphins for a 4th round pick and Manuel Wright.

Then I'd trade Greg Wesley and Dante Hall to the Titans for Albert Haynesworth and 6th round pick.

Then in the draft I'd go:

R1. Robert Meachem - WR out of UT
R2. Johnathan Wade - CB out of UT
R3. Tarell Brown - CB out of Texas
R4. Doug Free - OT out of NIU
R5. Mkristo Bruce - DE out of Washington State
R6. Xzavie Jackson - DE out of Mizzou
R6. Legedu Naanee - WR out of Boise State
R7. Dustin Fry - C out of Clemson

Although I do like the idea of trading LJ to the Giants for their #20 overall pick and Jacobs. Then using the #20 and #23 pick to move up into the top 10 to take Branch.

Hermstheman83
03-05-2007, 11:46 PM
That doesn't sound too bad. I think Wade in the second round is a little bit high for him. Also, why two CB's in the first day? I don't think we'd build for depth especially with all the holes. Also, two DE's? I'd think DT would be more of a need but perhaps those guys' can play both. Also, who's goign to come in if Kawika M. Leaves? You must think KC is going to get Napoleon Harris.

KaneMarko
03-06-2007, 07:31 AM
That doesn't sound too bad. I think Wade in the second round is a little bit high for him. Also, why two CB's in the first day? I don't think we'd build for depth especially with all the holes. Also, two DE's? I'd think DT would be more of a need but perhaps those guys' can play both. Also, who's goign to come in if Kawika M. Leaves? You must think KC is going to get Napoleon Harris.

Good questions. The reason why 2 first day corners is because Benny Sapp is a RFA and a nickelback at best. I'm not sure Maxey is good enough to be more than a nickel guy either considering he's been cut twice already. So we really don't have any young eventually starters behind Law and Surtain. That's why I wouldn't mind seeing us go after two first day guys like Wade and Brown. The 2nd may or may not be a little high for Wade. But with his 4.3 40 time and his physical-style, I don't think he's going to be there in the 3rd when we pick again. So if we want him, we may have to take him in the 2nd.

Why 2 DEs? Because the only other DE we have on the roster behind Jared and Tamba is Hicks. Who is old, slow and doesn't really provide much outside of solid run defense. If Jared or Tamba get hurt and have to miss time, we're kinda screwed. Wilkerson is a tweener but seemed to show a little more lining up inside than outside. But he can play the outside in a pinch. But we really don't have any true depth behind Jared and Tamba. And like I said, if either one has to miss time (like Jared may have to in the beginning of the season) we're kinda screwed as the roster stands right now. That's why I'd go after 2 DEs.

As far as DTs go, that's why as part of my trades I was having us get Haynesworth from the Titans and Manny Wright (or Rod Wright) from the the Phins.

I think the Chiefs are eventually going to sign either Mitchell or Harris. Probably whichever one is cheapest.

USAF Chief
03-06-2007, 08:19 AM
Are you serious? We have gaping holes with no talent and your drafting for depth? <sigh>

You have to address the immediate weakness and get veteran FA backups for these guys right now, draft to fill the glaring weaknesses, not to get guys who will sit on the bench for the WHAT IF situation of someone getting hurt.

KaneMarko
03-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Are you serious? We have gaping holes with no talent and your drafting for depth? <sigh>

You have to address the immediate weakness and get veteran FA backups for these guys right now, draft to fill the glaring weaknesses, not to get guys who will sit on the bench for the WHAT IF situation of someone getting hurt.

Ok. Gaping holes in the team is a valid point. But we supposedly got a starting OT last week in Damion McIntosh. So, theoretically that's one gaping hole filled.

D-Tackle? That's why I included in the post about trading for Haynesworth and one of the Wrights from Miami to go along with Wilkerson and maybe another FA tackle. Another gaping hole potentially filled right there.

QB? It's sounding more and more like Trent may have seen his last days as a Chiefs according to the Star and all the local radio and news stations. Damon Huard will probably start out as the #1 QB. Then you still got young Brodie who Herm and the rest of the coaches really like.

Interior O-Line in the event Shields and Weigmann retire? You're never going to find a guard as good as Shields. But we still got Welbourn, Bober, Waters, Niswanger, and Stallings. And in my mock I mentioned getting the center from Clemson in the 7th to play either guard or center. I even went so far as to mention drafting Doug Free to play a tackle spot. Interior linemen aren't that hard to find. And we have adequate bodies there.

Cornerback? Yeah, we still have Law and Surtain. And both are still productive. But neither is getting any younger. And we have zero potential replacements for them seeing as how one or both probably won't be here after next season. Should we wait until one or both retire or is cut to worry about getting a young corner or two? Or do we get them now so they can have a year to learn from two of the best in the business. Personally I choose to get a couple now so they can have at least a year to learn behind Law and Surtain. Kinda like how Page and Pollard had a year to learn behind Knight and Wesley. Should we not have drafted Page and Pollard last year since we already had Knight and Wesley? I don't know about you, but I'm kinda glad we got Page and Pollard.

Safety? Like I said, we're good there with Page and Pollard. But according to the Star, Wesley might get traded. And Knight may be a little too expensive to keep on the roster. So we may need another warm body to backup the Killer Ps. Although we still have Bartee for whatever reason.

Linebacker? We still have DJ. And, like I said, the Chiefs are probably going to sign either Mitchell or Harris. I think Fox is a solid starter as proven by the fact that while DJ was down he led the team in tackles for I believe 3 of the 4 weeks he started. And minus a couple missed tackles showed some pretty good stuff on the field. Yeah, we could probably use another LB or 2 as depth since Boomer is now a FB.

TE? We still have Gonzo for at least another 3 years due to the 5 year extension he just signed. And Dunn has at least one more season in him and hasn't indicated retirement. No immediate need there. Although the thought of depth needs to be kept in the backs of Herm and Peterson's mind eventually.

WR? Kennison is good for another year or two. Parker is probably going to be kept for one more year. But I'm not sure I see him on the roster beyond that. Still got Webb who Herm supposedly, really likes. Hannon initially made the 53 at the beginning of the season. And ended the season on the 53. From what I've heard and read, coaches seem to like him. Plus, I have us going after Meachem as a true #1. According to the Star, Dante Hall is being shopped for a trade.

RB? Looks like LJ is going to remain here. And all the trade LJ talks seem to have died down. Plus we still have Bennett and that kid out of Arkansas. No immediate need to go after a RB.

FB? Yeah, we could use a true FB. Although Wilson did improve into an 'ok' blocker through the course of the season. Boomer Grigsby is now listed as the #1 FB on the team. Not sure how that will turn out though.

You have a valid point. But the "what if" part does still has to be accounted for. Case in point, it's sounding like Allen is going to have to serve some kind of suspension for his DUI. At least according to the local papers and media. Who is going to fill his spot while he's out? I'm not necessarily "drafting for depth". Meachem comes in as an upgrade over Samie Parker and has to tools to eventually beat Kennison for #1. Wade and Brown may not be immediate starters. But could be eventually be starters. Would you rather not draft any corners then wait until next year when Law and maybe even Surtain are gone to worry about finding young starters? I guess we could wait and sign some FA corners. But you saw how much San Fran just paid for Clements. Do you really want to shell out big contracts for starting caliber corners to replace Law and Surtain? Or do you want to plant seeds now, so that in a year or two we don't have to worry about it because we already have cheaper solutions on the roster? Tell you what, doing the former and always relying on FA's to fill important positions is a big reason why we are in the situation we're in now. So I'd prefer to get one or two young replacements now. Although we already signed McIntosh, Free would be an upgrade over any other tackle we have on the roster and would stand a strong chance of starting seeing as how Sampson is a UFA and can't stay healthy, Svitek is a former 6th round DE and Chris Terry is an UFA. Free is not drafting for depth. He'd be drafted to start. Yeah, Mkristo and Xzavie would be backups. But Jared is facing a suspension and has asked for a trade. Who do you want to play his spot if he's suspended or traded? Hicks? Wilkerson? In 03 we already had a proven RB in Priest. But we drafted LJ anyway. And after a major injury that may force Priest into retirement, it's looking like LJ was a helluva pick. I will admit, drafting Naanee in the 6th is a greed pick. If Paul Soliai or Marcus Thomas were still on the board, I wouldn't mind taking one of them at that spot instead.

So, after saying all that, what, in your opinion, did I leave out?

USAF Chief
03-06-2007, 03:44 PM
OMG, my eyes ... I cannot read that right now.

Your english teacher would be ashamed.

Paragraphs are your friend

KaneMarko
03-06-2007, 06:23 PM
OMG, my eyes ... I cannot read that right now.

Your english teacher would be ashamed.

Paragraphs are your friend

LOL! Clever. Just trying to have a convo with ya bro. Peace.

bored of education
03-06-2007, 06:46 PM
I actually have figured out my final mock draft.
Since we signed Bonaparte.
and this is in order of availablility and need

1. Leon Hall. Robert Meachem. Revis. Jarrett. Houston. Bowe. Ross.
2. Davis. Wright. Tanard jackson. Hill. Pitcock(he would be a day one starter.) Harrell. Aundrae Allison. Mebane. McBride. Staley. Ugoh.
3. James Marten. David Irons. Wade. Tony G. Steve smith. McBean. Brown. harris. Frye. Paul Williams. Antonio Jonhson.

Ideally I'd fall in love with Herman if we went like this.

1. Chris Houston/Revis/Hall
2. Davis/Hill/Allison/Tony G
3. Pitcock/Johnson/Marten

Best 4,5,6:

DTs
Joe Cohen
Jeremy Clark
Cliff Ryan
Matt Toenia

DEs:
Xzavie Jackson
Jacob ford
Atkins
Chase Pittman

Cb's:
Bo Smith
Antony Airline
Corey Graham

Safety's:
Willis barringer
Catanesse
guy from nd
pASCAL

AND MANY OTHERS

wr/cb/oL OR DT 1ST DAY I THINK

bored of education
03-06-2007, 06:47 PM
In Other Words I Havent Figured Out Shittt

adschofield
03-06-2007, 08:53 PM
I don't think Herm likes taking CB's in the first

Hermstheman83
03-06-2007, 09:08 PM
I like the idea of trading for Haynesworth. He's young, big and not alot of teams will want him due to that incident with the Cowboys so we won't have to give up much for him. Herm won't mind taking him though...why? because he's the man. Sometiems I'm not sure what to think about the LT. Because with Levi Brown's horrible combine. He might drop to KC.
Herm doesn't like to draft Cb's in the first round. But I think if we're taking care of some needs via Free agency(I like the Napoleon Harris deal, he's young and underrated) so I think Herm will go either Wide Reciever, but if Meachem,Bowe and Jarrett are gone(which is likely, and I think Bowe smells of Bust)I think he'll go BPA, which will most likely be Revis or Houston.

bored of education
03-23-2007, 01:01 AM
DUH DUH DUHNNNN

LATEST K.C Mock for Me! (includes an extra and a 5th for G.W. 6th for Trent)

1. Robert Meachem (WR)
2. James Marten (t)
3. Michael Coe (CB)
5. Joe Cohen (DT)
5. Kasey Studdard (OG)
6. Dedrick Harrington (ILB)
6. Chase Pittman (DE)
7. Alonzo Coleman (RB)

DJohnson56
04-08-2007, 07:33 PM
You said ideal draft.......not what I actually think will happen :P

1) Dwayne Jarrett ......see 07 Rose Bowl.
2) Ryan Harris, T, Notre Dame
3) Brandon Mebane, DT, Cal
5) Jay Moore, DE, Nebraska
6) Anthony Airline, DB, Baylor
7) Tim Castille, FB, Alabama

Begin ripping me now :P

T-RICH49
04-08-2007, 09:38 PM
outside of Ryan Harris who I am no fan of I like it

DJohnson56
04-08-2007, 10:04 PM
Love the sig T-Rich......still remember the day I heard the news about the accident, still makes me choke up. Will be good seing donnie back in the lb core.

bored of education
04-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Ryan Harris is extremely soft. Pretty weak to for his size.

Hermstheman83
04-09-2007, 12:00 AM
I think I saw an MTV documentary on Ryan Harris....about the "perfect body" I can't say much, I'm not a big Notre Dame fan(don't watch much games, but I go to a sister university...go figure that one out eh?)
I'm liking the idea(and it seems realistic too) that we trade down with the browns, get their fourth round pick and we switch third rounders with them for green. That way we can get a DT talent and a CB talent in the second round, and go after a WR in the 3rd, although I don't think we are as bad off as people make it sound. Webb and the guy from tennessee are being slobered on by coaches.

Hermstheman83
04-09-2007, 12:26 AM
Here's my ideal draft assuming the browns trade(see above)
2a: Tank Tyler,DT
2b: Eric Wright,CB
3: Alama Francis/Lamar Woodley, DE
4: Doug Free, OT
5: Yamon Figurs(Too high?) WR
6a:Nate Ilaoa, RB(245 pounds of Man)
6b:Jackie battle, FB
7:Stephen Berg? I'm just guessing now...OG

bored of education
04-09-2007, 07:19 AM
If that trade happens with the Browns our 1st for their 2nd and 4th then I'd guess we would go WR in the 3rd or 4th and grab a DT and CB. Eric Wright will likely be the 5th or 6th CB taken so I doubt he would be available at our 2nd pick. But the upside of Tank Tyler i think is there, and with a coach like Herm Edwards, and the new Strength and Conditioning Coach, that Tank could be beastly. He has unbelievable upper body strength and is built like fire hydrant. With the recent acquiring of Alphonso Boone who would be a better fit as UT in the system and Tank would be a very formidable NT in the system.

I think a CD we could draft late second round would be David Irons, i always liked this kid, but their was always soemthing that kept me from giving up on this guy. i had read somewhere where he did excellent and i had troubled placing it. then i took a look back at Scott Wright's senior bowl reports, which are some of the best scouting tips Scott offers, he is usually dead on with his analysis from that week. and this is what i read about David Irons:

"Auburn's David Irons looked solid in man coverage and really helped himself in the eyes of scout

"If Dwayne Bowe hasn't been this squads most impressive player then it might be cornerback David Irons of Auburn, who had his second strong day in a row. Irons was one of the few guys who was able to stay with Bowe in man coverage and has really been a revelation this week. This guy is making a ton of cash down here!"

Would be odd gettign dwyane bowe and irons lol.

But some guys I have really been keen on in the last few days are Chris Houston, David Irons, Dwayne Bowe, Tank Tyler, Brandon Mebane, Joe Cohen, James Marten, Manny Ramirez, Kasey Studdard, Deddrick Harrington, Nate Ilaoa, Jackie Battle, Marvin White and Mike Walker.

Soooo now I unveil my final FINAL draft for which i want to KC to do

1. Chris Houston - a chance to draft a shhut down corneris to hard to pass up
2. Brandon Mebane- a solid run stuffer who also can get some pressure on the QB
3. Manuel Ramirez- a solid guard who can come in a contribute right away
5. David Clowney/Mike Walker - with how much ranting and raving going on about the recievers i dont think we pick one up day one
6. Nate Ilaoa- Kimble Anders type out of the backfield and work horse that could help allievate the carry threshold from Larry Johnson
7. CJ Ah You

villagewarrior
04-09-2007, 09:35 AM
I just want to point out that it is Anthony Arline, not Airline. It would be nice if there was a giant 747 on the offensive line though.

Hermstheman83
04-09-2007, 11:08 AM
In Terms of CB. Do you think(with Herm's disdain for drafting first round CB's) that he'll go after a guy like DeAndre Jackson from Iowa State? It seems to be scott's sleeper pick for CB. I still think a CB will be available when we pick the second time.

Final Draft with 20 days? You going on vacation or something?

bored of education
04-09-2007, 01:21 PM
I think Cornerback is an issue that NEEDS to be addressed 1st day for sure.

1st Round guys: Revis, Houston, Hall, Ross
2nd Round guys: David Irons, Daymeion Hughes, Tanard Jackson
3rd Rounds Guys: Johnathan Wade, Michael Coe, Kenny Scott, T. Bain and Cj Gaddis

I'm not keen on Fred Bennet, Josh Wilson, Marcus McCauley.

Deandre Jackson would be a steal in the 5th round, but I highly doubt he will be available. I dont think he is valued at 3rd round, but I can see Herm take a stab at him.

bored of education
04-09-2007, 01:28 PM
If Chris Houston, Meachem, Jarrett, Staley are available at our pick..i find it impossible to pass up on Houston. I think he is the top Cornerback in the league and could end up being as good as Ty Law was in his prime if not better.

He limited Jarret, Meachem, Bowe (((ironically all WR's I'd love for KC to draft))) to 1 TD, 14 receptions, 168 yards. And being that he is still somewhat raw, a mentor like Ty Law who is a cornerback that has great skills, excellent vision, awesome instincts, uses fhe field to his advantage, good at all different coverage schemes would allow Houston to be a top 10 Cb in two years and a top 4-5 guy in the next 3 years.

Ho0k Em'
04-09-2007, 01:43 PM
Aren't Houston's weakness his physicality?

T-RICH49
04-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Aren't Houston's weakness his physicality?

I swear I heard somewhere he was one of the stronger corners in the draft

bored of education
04-09-2007, 03:36 PM
He did 27 reps, 4.32 40, 46 inch vertical, just shy of 5'10, 185, 6.94 3 cone,

good article with him
http://nflexperts.scout.com/2/632697.html
I been big on this guy since the old site.

Ho0k Em'
04-09-2007, 04:01 PM
I swear I heard somewhere he was one of the stronger corners in the draft

O, I know but you can be big and strong and not physical. I've read that he doesn't shed blockers very well and he kind of just dives at guys legs instead of trying to tackle them.

bored of education
04-09-2007, 04:03 PM
Still those measurables, plus those games against Meachem, Bowe, Jarrett are stellar.

matts22
04-10-2007, 01:00 AM
Still those measurables, plus those games against Meachem, Bowe, Jarrett are stellar.

What about when he was burned by Sidney Rice?

And what measurables? The guy is fast, but he is FAR from prototypical size...5'9 7/8" and 185 lbs...and has questionable instincts, ball skills, and toughness.

I wouldn't be mad if we draft him, but don't think he is a shutdown corner by any means.

bored of education
04-10-2007, 12:35 PM
I think his intincts can get better esp. in the Cover 2 system KC has, ball skills arenn't that bad because he takes alot of risks gets alot of hands on the ball is very good..doesnt pick many off. He is ultra aggressive, STRONG and he is tougher than scouts say. He is a bit of a head hunter sometime. Takes alot of risks.

I like him. ALOT

Burnt by Sid Rice? he had a good game yes. But that one game far from over shadows his gaems v. Jarret, Bowe, Meachem

Splat
04-10-2007, 02:33 PM
There is a video interview with our new LT Damion McIntosh on the Chiefs web site it is on your right and you have to have Real Player to watch it I believe?

http://www.kcchiefs.com/

Edit: I thought I was posting this in the team discussion thread my bad.

Hermstheman83
04-10-2007, 03:58 PM
I don't think KC will take Houston. He's too short for Herm's typical Cornerbacks. I'm thinking that his hype will push him up the board and hopefully the giants take Houston instead of Revis, if he was there, I think Herm would take him. simply based on the BPA and in terms of need despite his loath for selecting CB's in the first.

bored of education
04-10-2007, 07:15 PM
Tanard Jackson's size is the prototypical Corner in Herm's system

Hermstheman83
04-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Well, what about Aaron Ross then? I haven't heard too much about him...what do you guys' think?

bored of education
04-10-2007, 08:00 PM
I would stay away from McCauley, Bennet and Brown on Scotts top 13 list.

If we get one of those guys 1st day i'd be happy

Ho0k Em'
04-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Well, what about Aaron Ross then? I haven't heard too much about him...what do you guys' think?

I would love to get Ross. he's probably one of the best hitter in the draft at the CB position. He has great ball skills and is a very good returner.

T-RICH49
04-12-2007, 04:08 PM
Scott's new KC mock is

RD 1. Ted Ginn Jr
RD 2. Aaron Sears
RD 3. Fred Bennett

I have no problems with this draft thoughts?

chief_fan88
04-12-2007, 05:08 PM
I dont know, im not too high on Ginn, my preference if we take a 1st rd WR would be Jarret, im not liking the 1st rd of this years draft at all, we have quite a few needs and there isnt really any outstanding talent at our pick imo, id rather trade down IF thats possible.

I REALLY like the 2nd rd pick, he could possible start right away on the o-line, dont know much about Bennett, but he seems to be a pretty good pick, let him learn a year or two behind Law and Surtian.

Overall its not TOO bad, but it wouldnt be an amazing draft.

bored of education
04-12-2007, 05:57 PM
Being a HUGE Buckeyes fan, and not too much of a fan of Ted Ginn Jr. and I haven't been keen on Ginn at all. I think he is the number 4 or 5 WR in the draft. But I have come to terms, in an open mind that Ginn would be very effective on ANY NFL Team.

He will be a SOLID return man. Maybe along the way do some CBing (he played Cb in high school and spent many practices at ohio St learning the position doing drills etc) and being a Wide out.

I'm not good at projections, but here is what I prject and how it would make TGJr effective.

40-55 receptions
20 yard KO return ave
12 punt retun average.

He is not the best route runner, he has OK hands better than scouts perceive. The fact that he will be effective just by being on the field, and him running post, flag, streaks type routes would make the defense weary of him. Not crowd the box, opening a but more underneath for Larry Johnson running the ball, tony G shorter routes, Webb and Kennison. His imapct may be more the fact teams can't let that big play happen. Throw it to ginn 6-8 times a game in those type routes will allow the chiefs establish a shorter passing game and alleviate the hits to an extent on Larry Johnson.

PLUS he is a weapon return wise. I think Hall is bye bye.

So the more i thnk of this, I woulndt MIND having TGjr

Hermstheman83
04-12-2007, 08:49 PM
I saw on ESPN the guy ran a 4.4 40 on a janky foot. Now that tells you something. He could be a Devin HEster impersonator, which would be awesome to have, then again. I think TGJ is a guy that can develop into a stud reciver and with his Speed, we might not want to pass him up.
But you guys' are right, Protecting Brodie should be the number one priority, especially with his injury history. Joe Staley is looking like our pick more and more, but I don't think CP is a fan of drafting high pick line talent.
If that Jenkins deal goes through, I don't see us addressing DT this year at all(perhaps in the later rounds). Especially since the talent level drops off after Tank.
I'm not sure what to think about that CB, Scott says he has the tools to be an awesome CB, and that's an even easier thing to do in the Cover two(as stated before by many of you) but he doesn't look like a bad pick at all.

bored of education
04-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Due to recent actions (mainly the fact that Shields retired.) I have changed my thoughts again for the 4th last time lol.

trading down
for 2.38 and 4.105 (Ariz)
or
2.41 and 4.106 (Min)
2.43 and 4.111 (Buffalo)

Trade Trent Green to Miami for 4.108 or 3.71

giving KC

2a. Aaron Sears/Tony Ugoh
2b. Daymeion Hughes/Bennett/Wade/McCauley
3. Ikaika Alama Francis
4a. Jacoby Jones/Mike Walker/Brandon Myles
4b. Jackie Battle
5. Clifton Ryan
6. Kasey Studdard
7. Deddrick Harrington

Ho0k Em'
04-17-2007, 02:03 PM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6952

Check out the new mock see what you think

T-RICH49
04-17-2007, 09:03 PM
NICE mock love it

Ho0k Em'
04-18-2007, 01:59 PM
Scott's new mock has us taking

Robert Meachem
Arron Sears
Usama Young(????) he's from Kent State I guess

I'm loving it.

T-RICH49
04-18-2007, 04:22 PM
SO am I that is awesome

Hermstheman83
04-18-2007, 06:57 PM
I'm not so sure about that CB out of Kent State. I'm not sure if Johnny Wade out of UT is gone at our third pick but I would prefer him

Ho0k Em'
04-19-2007, 12:53 PM
I'm not so sure about that CB out of Kent State. I'm not sure if Johnny Wade out of UT is gone at our third pick but I would prefer him

He is and he will be come draft day.