PDA

View Full Version : William Moore, S

d34ng3l021
07-09-2008, 04:46 PM
http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper410/stills/d8vs2t72.jpg

He looks pretty legit. Look at his stats: 115 tackles, 9 TFL, 8 interceptions, 2 sacks. Here is a highlight tape (http://youtube.com/watch?v=MCGLk4mKnho)

Looks to be a top15 or top10 pick to me. He looks to be a much better prospect than Taylor Mays.

Turtlepower
07-09-2008, 04:51 PM
I'm still not buying him as a top-15 pick. I prefer Taylor Mays and Courtney Green to Moore.

nikkayeah
07-09-2008, 04:54 PM
Brian Dawkins Jr.

eaglesfan_45
07-09-2008, 04:55 PM
Agreed, much better than Taylor Mays. Moore is my favorite draft prospect for the '09 draft. I really want him to play for the Eagles. He is a playmaker in coverage and he plays the run equally well.

His measurables are also very good:

Player Profile: http://mutigers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/moore_william00.html
he is any where from 6'1" to 6'2"
he is rumored to weigh 220- 230 lbs.
he is said to run a mid 4.3 to a low 4.4

and as you pointed out, he is productive as well.

I say he will be the top safety prospect come April.

BamaFalcon59
07-09-2008, 05:16 PM
Are those career stats or from last year? If they are from last year that is crazy.

d34ng3l021
07-09-2008, 05:59 PM
He looks ridiculously scary too http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/miss/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/587183.jpeg

Check out his 2007 season (I am pretty sure those stats are from this season)

2007 SEASON
Emerged as one of the nation's top playmakers at safety, as he tied for the NCAA lead with a school-record 8 interceptions ... His development throughout the course of the season was a major reason why the Tiger defense turned into one of the better ones in the Big 12 Conference, and his leadership after the defense lost fellow safety Pig Brown in game eight for the year was crucial ... Had 5 INTs and 2 forced fumbles in the 6 games after Brown was lost for the year ... Was named a 1st-Team All-American by Rivals.com, and took home 2nd-Team All-American honors by the Associated Press for his stellar play, as well as from Sports Illustrated and the Sporting News ... Showed in MU's 38-7 dismantling of Arkansas in the Cotton Bowl just why he deserved the accolades, as he won Defensive MVP honors with a 13-tackle that included 1 pass break up, 1 forced fumble and an interception that he returned in the third quarter for a TD that broke the game open for good ... Had a huge fourth-quarter interception against Illinois that snuffed out a potential game-winning drive deep in MU territory with under seven minutes to play ... Made eight tackles on the day (all solo stops) including two tackles for loss ... Added nine tackles against Ole Miss ... Had a team-leading 11 tackles against Western Michigan to go over 100 for his career ... Intercepted his fourth career pass and made seven tackles against Illinois State ... Was second on the club with eight tackles against Nebraska, including his fourth TFL on the year ... Helped hold Nebraska's vaunted West Coast Offense to just 297 total yards ... Recorded five tackles against Oklahoma ... Made eight tackles as the Tigers defense shutdown Texas Tech ... Added a sack (the first of his career) and intercepted a Graham Harrell pass ... The INT was his third on the season and the fifth of his career ... Made three stops against Iowa State ... Led the team with 11 tackles against Colorado in another impressive defensive effort ... Added an interception (his fourth of the season) and forced a fumble against the Buffaloes ... Made and INT for the second-straight game, picking of Texas A&M's Stephen McGee ... Made six tackles, including one TFL, and one PBU against the Aggies ... Tied for second on the team with eight tackles (six solo) against Kansas State, including a sack ... Picked off his sixth pass of the year, returning it for 22 yards ... Picked off his seventh pass of the year against Kansas, which ties Roger Wehrli's (1968) record for INTs in a season ... Tied for the team lead with seven tackles against KU ... Led the team with a career-best 13 tackles (nine solo) against Oklahoma in the Big 12 Championship ... Three of his INTs came in the fourth quarter ... Ended second on the team with 117 tackles on the year, which was ninth most in the Big 12 Conference ... Changed his jersey number to 1 this spring, after wearing 21 previously for the Tigers.

brat316
07-09-2008, 06:20 PM
i like Moore and the safety who plays next to Taylor Mays can't think of his name

Paranoidmoonduck
07-09-2008, 06:45 PM
At this point I have no problem saying that Moore is undoubtedly at the top of the potential crop of safeties. While there's a lot of physically talented guys out there, Moore has produced on a level none of the other have.

eaglesfan_45
07-09-2008, 07:04 PM
i like Moore and the safety who plays next to Taylor Mays can't think of his name

Kevin Ellison? I know his last name is Ellison.

jbeans187
07-09-2008, 07:14 PM
I love the Willy Mo talk. I dont think he is in the 4.3's prob mid to high 4.4's. I can find out in a couple weeks when i go back to school, i work with a couple guys on the team. Those stats are from just last season, i added that video in my sig yesterday, if u havent seen it give it a look it's very impressive.

themaninblack
07-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Even though we are pretty set at safety, I would LOVE the Bengals to pick Moore. He's my favorite safety prospect at this point.

YAYareaRB
07-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Willy Moore would hit you so hard you won't remember anything when you wake up from the coma the day after. I'd say he's definitely one of the best safties in the land. Super productive. With a good season upcoming, he could be top 15 material

islandboy843
07-09-2008, 09:19 PM
Moore is moore sure of a pick then Mays.

brat316
07-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Kevin Ellison will be a beast

islandboy843
07-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Kevin Ellison will be a beast

Dude is straight underrated. Probably because how much stars is on the defense but he is still a beast.

BaLLiN
07-09-2008, 10:57 PM
Dude looks sick, i see some sean taylorishness to him, but he's not really close to how ST was. RIP

Also are those stats just from last year? Cuz thatd probably be one of the best season an FS has had.

Staubach12
07-10-2008, 12:15 AM
He's one of my favorite prospects of 2009. Definitely my #1 safety for the time being. I would love for the Cowboys to nab him though that may be a bit of wishful thinking as the Cowboys are looking to be pretty good and Moore may very well be a top-15 pick.

d34ng3l021
07-10-2008, 03:26 AM
I hope the Falcons can end up in the 7-8 win range and miss out on the tackles and maybe grab him as a BPA.

holt_bruce81
07-10-2008, 04:01 AM
William Moore is the next Brian Dawkins. He was Missouri's best defender the whole season and completely dominated every game after SS Pig Brown went down with a season ending injury. Against Arkansas in the Cotton Bowl he was all over the field, he showed it all. He made great open field tackles on Darren Mcfadden and Felix Jones, played great in coverage and even took an interception to the house.

lol, watching the video. Crabtree at 0:50.......scared to go over the middle?

Sorry, back to the topic.

eaglesalltheway
07-10-2008, 07:04 AM
I think I will be struck down for this, but was that Jordy Nelson he had a pick on in that vid as well? Is William Moore mo(o)re godly than god himself?

rockio42
07-10-2008, 09:24 AM
Im glad to see a Mizzou guy getting some love, and just a non-homer opinion for me is that he is a beast and is probably the most rounded of the top-tier safetys

SuperKevin
07-10-2008, 09:58 AM
I'd take William Moore over Taylor Mays because I think Mays is Darnell Bing 2.0. By no fault of his own, he's just getting too big to remain at safety. However my favorite safety in the draft is Michael Hamlin from Clemson.

BamaFalcon59
07-10-2008, 10:04 AM
I'd take William Moore over Taylor Mays because I think Mays is Darnell Bing 2.0. By no fault of his own, he's just getting too big to remain at safety. However my favorite safety in the draft is Michael Hamlin from Clemson.

Mays runs at least a 4.4. Bing is a 4.6 guy.

bored of education
07-10-2008, 10:04 AM
He is my favorite prospect going into next year. Dude is an absolute beast. Alot of tackles and makes alot of plays. A natural born killer.

eaglesalltheway
07-10-2008, 10:26 AM
Lets hope he goes to my Eagles, haha.

bored of education
07-10-2008, 10:35 AM
then your hoping for about an 8-8 season. I can see Moore go anywhere from 10-30.

eaglesalltheway
07-10-2008, 10:38 AM
No, I'm hoping the Panthers first rounder gets us in postion to grab him.

Staubach12
07-10-2008, 12:30 PM
Mays runs at least a 4.4. Bing is a 4.6 guy.

He does have a point about size though.

Paranoidmoonduck
07-10-2008, 01:24 PM

Bing wasn't too big to stay at safety, he was too slow. The electronic time on Mays coming out of USC this spring was a sub-4.3 time. I don't think the same thing applies.

Turtlepower
07-10-2008, 01:28 PM
Darnell Bing still could've been a good player. Oakland first screwed him over by switching him back and forth between LB and safety, but what hurt him the most was injuries.

foozball
07-10-2008, 01:40 PM
Moore is big enough and fast enough to play either safety position. He's a solid tackler with solid ballskills. I think he's a safe pick, but Taylor Mays has a higher upside because he's even bigger and faster than Moore.

eaglesalltheway
07-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Personally, I usuaally go with production over upside, unless it is a real special situation, so in this case, Moore would be my choice.

BaLLiN
07-10-2008, 03:29 PM
Bing= a better James Butler, you all are thinking it. haha

TitanHope
07-10-2008, 08:55 PM
Everyone's a Top 15 pick when people think they run a 4.3 40 at 6'1-225 lbs, but they drop their star status the second they run a 4.45-4.50 at 5'11, 210.

I don't trust any school site's player profile when heights, weights, and speeds come into mention. Nevertheless, the dude had a monster season last year.

jnew76
07-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Everyone's a Top 15 pick when people think they run a 4.3 40 at 6'1-225 lbs, but they drop their star status the second they run a 4.45-4.50 at 5'11, 210.

I don't trust any school site's player profile when heights, weights, and speeds come into mention. Nevertheless, the dude had a monster season last year.

I completely agree with this as a whole... But I will say that the Missouri rosters HEIGHTS have been closer than most and have not been more than an inch over in the last 4-5 years. William Franklin was listed at 6'1" and measured at 6'. Darnell Terrell was listed at 6'2" and came in at 6'1-3/4"... Rucker was listed at 6'5" and came in at 6'4-3/4"... Looks like they round up, but they don't inflate the heights like others I have seen.

keylime_5
07-11-2008, 04:04 PM
Mays has more upside and is greener, he'll be a higher pick as long as he doesn't bomb this year. Moore is a nice prospect too, he will probably measure at around 6-0/215 with a 4.5 forty or so. Good number even if they are not Mays' 6-3/225/4.35 numbers. I think Mays is top 15, Moore is top 25.

jbeans187
07-11-2008, 04:10 PM
I completely agree with this as a whole... But I will say that the Missouri rosters HEIGHTS have been closer than most and have not been more than an inch over in the last 4-5 years. William Franklin was listed at 6'1" and measured at 6'. Darnell Terrell was listed at 6'2" and came in at 6'1-3/4"... Rucker was listed at 6'5" and came in at 6'4-3/4"... Looks like they round up, but they don't inflate the heights like others I have seen.

Usually there 40 times are pretty close too. Like last year with Will Franklin it was dead on. A couple guys i work with told me he runs in the 4.3's every time. I thought they might have been exaggerating but they where spot on. For there workouts they use laser timing. I ll find out Willy Mo's 40 when i get back to school.

eaglesfan_45
07-15-2008, 08:39 PM
http://www.norman.k12.ok.us/087/webpix/Bandwagon%20Final.jpg

I'm on the Bandwagon, William Moore is the best Safety in the country. He will be better than Taylor Mays, Myron Rolle, Nic Harris, Kam Chancellor, Courtney Greene and Derek Pegues.

Brian Dawkins v.2

scottyboy
07-15-2008, 09:05 PM
You'll all be in awe after Courtney Greene even moreso proves himself as the top safety of this draft. But he'll hurt himself at the combine, and will fall to the Giants at pick 32....

http://espn-ak.starwave.com/photo/2006/1109/ncf_g_greene_412.jpg

eaglesfan_45
07-15-2008, 09:43 PM
pssssshh.......

Greene is nothing compared to Moore

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0fdl0NQanSddB/610x.jpg

scottyboy
07-15-2008, 10:30 PM
based on what? what's Moore done? what's so special about him? Courtney Greene is easily te best in the box safety in the draft and his ball hawking skills have improved dramatically. His man coveragecould use work, but he'll show this year why he's the best safety in this class. He's getting so under-rated it's ridiculous now.

eaglesfan_45
07-15-2008, 10:37 PM
Based on 115 tackles, 9 TFL, 8 interceptions, 2 sacks thats what.

Greene is a far away #2 IMO. But, I do think Greene is better than Taylor Mays and Myron Rolle.

holt_bruce81
07-15-2008, 11:42 PM
based on what? what's Moore done? what's so special about him? Courtney Greene is easily te best in the box safety in the draft and his ball hawking skills have improved dramatically. His man coveragecould use work, but he'll show this year why he's the best safety in this class. He's getting so under-rated it's ridiculous now.

What has Moore done? lol.......Have you seen Moore play?

eaglesalltheway
07-16-2008, 06:33 AM

You are SEVERELY underestimating scotty's Rutgers homerism here, which is hard to do, considering he is writing in scarlet, haha. Seriously though, Courtney Greene is a great prospect and is the best in the box safety so far. It is really hard for me to put him at #2 right now, because Moore is #1 IMO, but Both USC safeties (Mays and Elliston) are up there, personally, Elliston has done more and I would pick him before Mays, and there is PAtrick Chung, and the other safeties in this class. I haven't seen enough of much of those guys to get a solid opinion of him, but I have seen Moore, Greene, and the USC safeties in a few games and have kept my eyes on them. There is still a season to play though, and that will go a long way to clear things up.

scottyboy
07-16-2008, 07:40 AM

since he doesn't go to Rutgers, those numbers lie. Divide them by two and you'll get his ACTUAL numbers...

but srsly, he's good, I just think Greene will turn some heads this season.

eaglesalltheway
07-16-2008, 10:35 AM
since he doesn't go to Rutgers, those numbers lie. Divide them by two and you'll get his ACTUAL numbers...

but srsly, he's good, I just think Greene will turn some heads this season.

You are not alone scotty, I'm sure many CFB fans are expecting a lot of him this season.

eazyb81
08-30-2008, 12:28 PM
Moore is an absolute beast, I'm surprised there are still some that doubt him after last season.

Here's an article that should help put to rest any questions about how much of an athletic freak he is.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/2008/FirstAndTen/20080828FirstAndTen005.asp

Eberflus’ answer comes in the form of a 230-pound genetic freak that transcends the normal bounds of human kinetics, an athlete who runs like a cornerback, hits like a linebacker and plucks passes like a wide receiver. On the MU roster, Moore is officially a free safety. In reality, he’s the ultimate hybrid defender, a concoction of size, speed, strength and smarts with the versatility to handle any position in Eberflus’ system.

“He could legitimately play … well, probably all of them,” Eberflus said.

etk
08-30-2008, 01:03 PM
I think William Moore is the single most talked about player here. Him and Tim Tebow.

WilliamZ MooreZZZ?

and why do people keep talking about Myron Rolle and Courtney Greene, failing to mention Emanuel Cook and Nic Harris at all?

Paranoidmoonduck
08-30-2008, 01:13 PM
Not enough representive fans, I guess. I am a bit shocked that Rolle is getting more 1st round talk than Harris though.

islandboy843
08-30-2008, 01:13 PM
I think William Moore is the single most talked about player here. Him and Tim Tebow.

WilliamZ MooreZZZ?

and why do people keep talking about Myron Rolle and Courtney Greene, failing to mention Emanuel Cook and Nic Harris at all?

Cook FTW

He gets no love.

jbeans187
08-31-2008, 02:01 AM
Im as big of a willy mo homer as anyone but i was a little disappointed during tonight's game. He missed at least 3-4 tackles by not wrapping up or putting his down and whiffing, he got burnt terribly bad twice, when he blitzed he wasnt getting his usual pressure. Maybe my expectations where too high or bc i mainly focused on him but i hope he improves throughout the season like he did last year. Any one else notice he wasnt at the top of his game?

Cunningham
08-31-2008, 02:36 AM
Im as big of a willy mo homer as anyone but i was a little disappointed during tonight's game. He missed at least 3-4 tackles by not wrapping up or putting his down and whiffing, he got burnt terribly bad twice, when he blitzed he wasnt getting his usual pressure. Maybe my expectations where too high or bc i mainly focused on him but i hope he improves throughout the season like he did last year. Any one else notice he wasnt at the top of his game?
i only saw him get burned once but you're right in that he wasn't playing quite at the level he's capable of. i wouldn't worry too much about it. landry and him are the best safety prospects since sean taylor.

Unbiased
09-01-2008, 12:51 AM
It felt like he was blitzing every play. I didn't see him get to Juice once the entire game. He really didn't make much of an impact, although I think it was because of the way they were using him. He's a safety, not a linebacker.

holt_bruce81
09-01-2008, 02:36 AM
It felt like he was blitzing every play. I didn't see him get to Juice once the entire game. He really didn't make much of an impact, although I think it was because of the way they were using him. He's a safety, not a linebacker.

He had 3 or 4 QB hurries, and some very solid tackles in the open field.

Leon Sandcastle
09-01-2008, 01:32 PM

What game were you watching?

jbeans187
09-01-2008, 06:19 PM
What game were you watching?

I d say he blitzed a little more than half the time it was dumb

eaglesalltheway
09-02-2008, 07:32 AM
He did have an ankle injury, so that may explain why he wasn't playing up to his normal calibur. I don't know the severity, so it may not have even been a big factor. I can't say I was disapointed, but I can say I expected a little more from him. He missed a few tackles, but also made a few plays. He got burnt on the one catch in the endzone, but like the commentators said, it was a big mismatch, as the WR he was lined up on was a burner. This isn't a performance that hurts his draft stock by any means, but is was just an average game for him.

jbeans187
09-02-2008, 03:07 PM
He did have an ankle injury, so that may explain why he wasn't playing up to his normal calibur. I don't know the severity, so it may not have even been a big factor. I can't say I was disapointed, but I can say I expected a little more from him. He missed a few tackles, but also made a few plays. He got burnt on the one catch in the endzone, but like the commentators said, it was a big mismatch, as the WR he was lined up on was a burner. This isn't a performance that hurts his draft stock by any means, but is was just an average game for him.

It was a strained foot, i believe it happened in the 2nd quarter....not 100% sure though. I think i had my expectations way too high and set up for disappointment

Shiver
09-08-2008, 03:58 AM
I see a lot of Moore because of where I live. Every Mizzou game I've seen he leaps off the screen. He makes plays, plain and simple.

eaglesalltheway
09-08-2008, 06:22 AM
How'd he do this past weekend? I wanted to see the game. I really should put up the extra money so I can see pretty much any college game I want.

jbeans187
09-08-2008, 09:02 AM
he didnt play

eaglesalltheway
09-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Because of the foot, I presume?

jbeans187
09-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Because of the foot, I presume?

Yeah sorry i didnt say that he was cleared to play but they sat him should be starting this saturday against nevada

eaglesalltheway
09-08-2008, 04:57 PM
I hope I get to see that game. I really want to watch this guy impress me even more than he did last year.

moTIGS
09-19-2008, 02:37 AM
Moore played vs. Nevada, but was still not at 100%. He went out again at one point, but came back in after a few plays and finished the game.

He will not play this weekend vs. Buffalo, and the following week MU is off. He'll be ready to go for Nebraska on 10/4.

Cribbs>Hester
09-19-2008, 04:37 AM
As far as the hyped guys go he is far and away the most impressive I've seen. He looks to have the wheels, hips, speed, and production as well as ball skills. It's too bad he's been hobbled all this year bc scouts would be drooling over another season like he had in 2007.

Courtney Green looks like a linebacker. I don't know that he'll be able to cover anyone in the NFL.

Taylor Mays is huge exaggeration as far as athletic ability imo. I just didn't see it in the game last week against Ohio State. He's also very unimpressive when it comes to production.

Myron Rolle? Has he even made a single play at the college level yet?

Michal Hamlin just plain looks lost.

Patrick Chung I really can't say because I've only watched a few games last season and the Purdue game this year. He definitely doesn't stand out that for sure, and you should stand out if you're an NFL prospect in a game involving Oregon and Purdue.

The guy who is easily the most underrated saftey I've seen to date is Otis Wiley of Michigan State. I sure hope he stays under the radar and Cleveland can nab him on day 2 because we need a ballhawk like him.

eaglesalltheway
09-19-2008, 06:27 AM
As far as the hyped guys go he is far and away the most impressive I've seen. He looks to have the wheels, hips, speed, and production as well as ball skills. It's too bad he's been hobbled all this year bc scouts would be drooling over another season like he had in 2007.

Courtney Green looks like a linebacker. I don't know that he'll be able to cover anyone in the NFL.

Taylor Mays is huge exaggeration as far as athletic ability imo. I just didn't see it in the game last week against Ohio State. He's also very unimpressive when it comes to production.

Myron Rolle? Has he even made a single play at the college level yet?

Michal Hamlin just plain looks lost.

Patrick Chung I really can't say because I've only watched a few games last season and the Purdue game this year. He definitely doesn't stand out that for sure, and you should stand out if you're an NFL prospect in a game involving Oregon and Purdue.

The guy who is easily the most underrated saftey I've seen to date is Otis Wiley of Michigan State. I sure hope he stays under the radar and Cleveland can nab him on day 2 because we need a ballhawk like him.
I've seen Moore once, Mays twice, Greene twice, and Hamlin once. To be honest, neither stand out right now in a positive manner.

Moore, though injured, looks solid, and makes plays, but has also given some up, and doesn't have that playmaking or big hit capbility right now.

Mays has done little to nothing. He is the center fielder type FS for USC, but even in that role, he should be making a bigger impact than what he is. In run support, he doesn't navigate traffic well and even when he doesn't have people in his way, he takes poor angles to the bal, whether it be in the air or in the runner's hands. He is a physical specimen right now and that is all. He can turn things around though.

I disagree with what you say on Greene. Green does play the run like a LB, but he does have good coverage ability as well. Granted it isn't as good as Hamlin's or even Moore's right now, but it isn't like he can't cover. In the Fresno state game, the man he was responsible for in coverage caught the ball once, and he made the tackle right as the catch was made. He was thrown at only four or five times, but still only one catch against you for minimal yards isn't bad for a safety. He is definitely a future SS in the NFL, no doubt about it.

Hamlin is looking good all around, but isn't excellent anywhere right now. After their second game, (I saw their opener) he had 2 tackles for loss and two pass deflections. At least I thinkm, I don't know if I am remembering that correctly. I know he statistically is having a decent start to the season. But he looked decent in coverage and was able to support the run pretty well.

The only one who stands out right now is Mays, and its not because of great play, he is doing poorly.

SuperKevin
09-19-2008, 07:57 AM
I disagree with what you say on Greene. Green does play the run like a LB, but he does have good coverage ability as well. Granted it isn't as good as Hamlin's or even Moore's right now, but it isn't like he can't cover. In the Fresno state game, the man he was responsible for in coverage caught the ball once, and he made the tackle right as the catch was made. He was thrown at only four or five times, but still only one catch against you for minimal yards isn't bad for a safety. He is definitely a future SS in the NFL, no doubt about it.

He's been torched all year. In the 2 games I saw him in this year I've seen him directly responsible for like 3 touchdowns.

eaglesalltheway
09-19-2008, 12:10 PM
He shares responsibility for two of them, and yes, one of them he was fully responsible for, but you can't expect him to be an Ed Reed type of Safety, as I'm sure you know.

Saints-Tigers
09-20-2008, 04:26 PM
I like William Moore from all I've seen last year when he was healthy, over the rest of this safety class pretty easily.

Anyone want to rank each of his attributes individually? I'm curious as to where this board sees his abilities.

Tackling
Man cover skills
zone skills
ball skills
instincts
body type
athletic ability
leadership

I'd like to see who he compares to in each category, for example, someone might think he tackles like Brian Dawkins, and has the ball skills of Ed Reed....

Cribbs>Hester
09-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Did anyone watch the Notre Dame/Michigan State game today? Otis Wiley just keep on keeping on. Kid is a ball player. I'd rank him ahead of Greene, Chung, Hamlin and Rolle hands down.

juiceman32
12-06-2008, 09:07 PM
At halftime in the OU-Mizzou game, very disappointed with what I have seen from Moore today. Missed tackles, over running play, bad positioning. Haven't gotten to watch Missouri much this year and I thought that he would be much more impressive from what I have read about him. Could just be an off day but as stated I am severely disappointed with what I have seen so far. Hopefully he has a better second half and shows me why he deserves to be a top 15 pick as many on this board have claimed.

Babylon
12-06-2008, 09:20 PM
At halftime in the OU-Mizzou game, very disappointed with what I have seen from Moore today. Missed tackles, over running play, bad positioning. Haven't gotten to watch Missouri much this year and I thought that he would be much more impressive from what I have read about him. Could just be an off day but as stated I am severely disappointed with what I have seen so far. Hopefully he has a better second half and shows me why he deserves to be a top 15 pick as many on this board have claimed.

He's not close to a top 15 pick, where are you getting that from?

12-06-2008, 09:24 PM
He's not close to a top 15 pick, where are you getting that from?

I'm hesitant to claim Mays as a top 15 pick, let alone Moore.

jbeans187
12-06-2008, 09:41 PM
He has the physical attributes to be a 1st or 2nd round pick but he has not done anything special this year. At the beginning of the season he was hurt and you could tell he wasnt 100%. Mizzou's secondary is terrible and Willy Mo is getting swallowed up. Also until the last couple games Willy Mo was playing more as a linebacker than safety. I think he could be great in the NFL but with the way he is being utilized and being stuck in this awful secondary, you would never know if you didnt see him play last year.

Paranoidmoonduck
12-06-2008, 11:11 PM
I have the lingering suspicion that Moore is carrying too much weight this year. Last year he was all over the place, making plays on both sides of the field at all three levels. This year, he looks like a linebacker and isn't quite as effective.

holt_bruce81
12-06-2008, 11:13 PM
Don't forget He's been dealing with a bad Ankle all season.

And it's hard to look good when seven players on the defense are total garbage.

holt_bruce81
12-08-2008, 11:56 AM
Also, last year when William Moore went into Beast-Mode, he was playing Strong Safety because of Pig Brown's injury. In the 6 games Moore played at strong safety he had......

59 tackles, 2 Forced Fumbles, 1 sack, 5 INTs

Maybe I'm not thinking clearly, my head does kind of hurt but I believe Moore moved back to Free Safety this year where in 8 games last year he didn't have nearly the success.

d34ng3l021
12-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Hm. Maybe he can fall to the Falcons now.

giantsfan
12-08-2008, 09:58 PM

the falcons need playmakers, let moore fall to the gmen and grab gresham.

d34ng3l021
12-08-2008, 10:07 PM
the falcons need playmakers, let moore fall to the gmen and grab gresham.

Our defense lets us down too many times.

holt_bruce81
12-08-2008, 10:13 PM

I would rank the Falcons as my 3rd favorite team, (behind the Rams and Jets) I would love to see them get a guy like William Moore. He and Lofton would be playmakers on that defense for a long time.

d34ng3l021
12-08-2008, 10:15 PM
I would rank the Falcons as my 3rd favorite team, (behind the Rams and Jets) I would love to see them get a guy like William Moore. He and Lofton would be playmakers on that defense for a long time.

Yeah. Playmaking safeties are clearly the future, and we need to get ourselves one. Him or Taylor Mays would be great in red and black.

eaglesalltheway
12-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Personally, I blame Moore down year on heather. As soon as WillyMo found out heather liked him, something went wrong in his mind that is preventing him from becoming a great player...

Seriously though, the injury and dearth of talent will have an effect, but he is arguably the best player on that defense. The truth is he is either having a down year this year or overacheived last year. Personally, I think he is underacheiving this year. Maybe the time playing at SS had an effect as well, who really knows? I would love it if he makes it to the Eagles picks, he is still one of my favorite players in the draft.

d34ng3l021
04-28-2009, 01:42 PM
Well what do you know...he is a Falcon nearly 10 months later. If he can go back to his junior season, pre injury form, I think he can be a steal for the Falcons.