PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brandstater

SuperKevin
07-10-2008, 03:32 PM
When it's all said and done next year, I won't be shocked to see Fresno State QB Tom Brandstater as the top senior QB on draft day. The guy seems to have everything you want in a pro QB at 6'5" 220 lbs and a rumored 40 yard dash in the 4.7 range. He also has a strong arm and completed 62% of his passes with a 15-5 TD to INT ratio as a junior. I think he's got a shot at being 2009's Joe Flacco.

Staubach12
07-10-2008, 04:38 PM
I think if he improves a fair amount, he could be a top QB. I like his footwork. He has a nice release even though it can be just a bit low at times. He can take pressure, and knows when to check down. Smart player. Arm strength isn't a problem, but it's not great either. His accuracy on deep throws and medium range must improve. He does well with the talent given to him. Pretty good leader from what I can tell. Played in a system last year that spread it out, which isn't as much as a negative as it was a few years back, but it's still a bit concerning. Consistency is a problem. Played terrible against Louisiana Tech, but had an great games against Texas A&M and K-State.

I'm worried that he may not be able to break out a ton this year as he's under a new offensive coordinator, and it will be interesting to see how he adapts and reacts. Overall, he's a pretty good player who's ready to make that jump to the next level. A lot rides on his performance this year.