PDA

View Full Version : Lawrence Wilson

T.Smith
07-10-2008, 05:52 PM
DE Lawrence Wilson, 6-4, 274, Jr., Ohio State. Scout's take: "Saw him a couple of times as a freshman, then saw him in the spring before last fall, before he got hurt in the first game of the season. Still have my notes: 'Wilson better than Gholston?' The complete package. He can stop the run, and his size and wingspan -- he's 280 pounds, for goodness sake -- are impossible for those poor (offensive) tackles."

So whats the boards general consensus on him?

SenorGato
07-10-2008, 06:28 PM
He strikes me as this years Phillip Merling/Justin Tuck type athlete...lots of room on his frame to get bigger...his injury history will bother just about everyone but if he puts up the kind of season he's capable of putting up he'll be a high pick next year.

He just strikes me as the kind of guy almost every team will at least take a look at. He's got the potential to be just about anything....

BaLLiN
07-10-2008, 09:25 PM
could he be a 3-4 end?

keylime_5
07-10-2008, 10:49 PM
no, he's a pure 4-3 end who is an edge rusher but can play the run well enough to be a base end playing the strong side of a formation. In spring and what limited game time he has seen he's looked nasty. I am convinced that he would have had around 10 sacks last year if he didn't break his leg after getting 2 sacks in the season opener. It's funny how his listed ht was 6-6 from his senior year in high school until his junior year. Now he's 6-4 (which of course is probably more accurate).