PDA

View Full Version : gbpackers0065 full 7-round mock

gbpackers0065
02-28-2007, 08:06 PM
http://mymockdraft.com/2637/Review.aspx

Bear with me on final rounds

The Dynasty
02-28-2007, 08:13 PM
1. Quinn its an OK pick its like we just stepping back on Tarvaris.
2. Rice would help us out WR anyone will be better than what we have.
3. Woodley would help out the DE pass rush greatly, Espically in the 3rd round.
4. Allen Barbre, He will help us out at G
5. Baker will help out our Horrible WR Core
6. LB isnt really a need but its the 6th round, Id rather see a CB or Safety
7. TE would help us out.

Overall: B

neko4
02-28-2007, 08:13 PM
I just cant see OAK picking a RB after the combine that CJ had and that they need a QB more, okay GB draft I like Nelson, but he plays FS. Also why is SF picking a TE, you have to atleast give Davis a chance before you write him off like that. And I believe Justin Durant has late 3rd round talent, but that maybe a biased opinion considering I live near Hampton.
Grade C+

Philliez01
02-28-2007, 08:17 PM
For the Colts:

1)-DeMarcus Tyler
This pick is obviously made in light of the porous run-defense that the Colts had over this season. But Tyler would be a NT in the system and as evidenced with McFarland; someone who can rush the passer efficiently would be needed at DT. Tyler isn't a bad pick necessarily but it's just some food for thought in later Mocks.

3)-Rufus Alexander
I like the pick there, Rufus has good value there (though I prefer Durant; why is he so low?) and he would be an ideal LB for the Colts. I would guess a future SAM?

4)-Doug Datish
Saturday is slowly getting up there in age but with Gattis available; I'm curious about that pick to say the least. I'd take Datish for depth and a potential future starter I guess.

5)-Melvin Bullit
I'd take him for depth as Gattis doesn't become a Colt. With Reid gone, there has to be some more depth as the safeties have had trouble staying healthy.

7)-Ramonce Taylor
I hate the pick, if the Colts were to get a RB I would guess it would be a bigger guy to alleviate some carries off of Addai.

RaiderNation
02-28-2007, 08:21 PM
1st great pick
2nd okay pick
3rd horrilbe
4th good
5thA okay
5thB okay
6th bad
7th okay

where the DE at in there? why would we draft a CB? troy smith isnt a high 3rd he is a mid 3rd to 4th rounder plus he isnt a al davis qb. way to late to draft a C. sears is a OT/G, we need a true OT. love the AD pick. overall a B-

gbpackers0065
02-28-2007, 08:25 PM
I just cant see OAK picking a RB after the combine that CJ had and that they need a QB more,
There is rumor of a Aaron Rodgers for Randy Moss Trade going down and Al Davis has confidence in Porter, Curry, Gabriel etc.

okay GB draft I like Nelson, but he plays FS.
Collins would move to his natural position of SS

Also why is SF picking a TE, you have to atleast give Davis a chance before you write him off like that.
I love Vernon Davis, I am not giving up on him at all. You see, SF runs a double tight-end set and with Eric Johnson most likely leaving they need a replacement

T-RICH49
02-28-2007, 08:26 PM
NO to Ted Ginn!!!Meachem, Rice or Bowe would be better

gbpackers0065
02-28-2007, 08:28 PM
NO to Ted Ginn!!!Meachem, Rice or Bowe would be better

I agree with your stance but a mock draft is what would happen not what should

Tubby
02-28-2007, 08:34 PM
2nd round: Hate it. No DB's for us day one
3rd round: Like it, but it doesnt make up for the 2nd rounder
4th round: Hate it. OLB is not a need
5th round: Dont like it, 5th round is way too late for us to be taking a TE
6th round: Dont like it, 6th round is too late for us to take a DE
7th round: Like it, but doesnt make up for the rest of the draft

Overall you have no concept of our needs and the order in which to apply them. Here's what our mock should look like:

2: OG or TE
3: OG or TE
4: DL or DB
5: DB or DL
6: QB or FB or BPA
7: QB or FB or BPA

smittyjs
02-28-2007, 08:34 PM
I really hope CB doesn't come a first round need, but if it does i could live with that draft. Also i love us taking Booker in the 5th round, overall nice draft for the Titans.

jriles0522
02-28-2007, 09:27 PM
That is exactly who the Browns will take if Peterson is off the board, and frankly, if CJ goes first, and Thomas second, word around town is Russell will be the pick over Peterson. Blalock is a great pick for us in the second.

After that just some personal preferences

Gimme McBean over Mebane in the 3rd and Soliai in the 5th.

Nice job with the first 2 picks though, after that it gets hard.

B+

WMD
02-28-2007, 09:31 PM
I doubt the Lions take a WR on Day One. Also, if we don't take a QB in Round 1, we won't take one.. we already have a 'developmental' guy in Dan Orlovsky.

bored of education
02-28-2007, 09:50 PM
I agree with your stance but a mock draft is what would happen not what should

What would happen is that Meachem or Bowe are bigger more possession type receivers which HERM LOVES!!!

other than that a plus all the way through

Jonathan_VIlma
02-28-2007, 09:51 PM
Nice job on the effort and all to put this together, but the Jets draft is horrible. We can't wait until the 5th and 6th to address our two biggest needs which are OT and DE.

Number 10
02-28-2007, 09:53 PM
Giants cannot afford to wait until day 2 to select a DB. Give us Ross in round 1 and Otto in round 4.

Im_a_Romosexual
02-28-2007, 09:58 PM
1)Moses? he is the worst pick ive seen. he isnt first round value anymore we drafted OLB two years in a row its not first round need. Ross or Griffin or Houston would be better picks.
2)offensive line would be adressed sometime, probably during 2nd round
3)crosby is decent
4)I like Kenny Scott he's a good pick
5) we won't draft a TE at all during the draft. Probably would be a WR here
7) breaston in 7th is good value

BiggerFoot
02-28-2007, 10:19 PM
First let me state Zebransky will not last until the 8th round, Daymeion Hughes is not a 1st or even a 2nd round pick for that matter. Desmond Bishop will also move up due to his combine
Now to go into the Saints picks
1st Daymeion Hughes-yikes after the combine he is going to drop like a ton of bricks because his 40 time was horrendous. replace him with Chris Houston CB Ark. or Robert Meachem fill a need before it becomes a need
2nd Brandon Siler LB solid pick considering he would be an upgrade over our starting MLB, good but not great
3rd Kareem Brown DT, a great pick here in the 3rd he would be our future replacement of Hollis Thomas who is already old and probably has only 2 years left in him. Great size and has good potential, great pick
4th a. Joel Newton TE, TE is somewhat of a need for the Saints but with Ben Patrick on the board I think we would go with him over Newton, but a solid pick
4th b. Stewart Bradley OLB, a good pick although DeOssie and Antwan Barnes could work there
4 c. Marquice Cole CB, solid pick to add depth to the secondary
5th Justin Medlock, I love this pick he is a solid kicker that is fairly accurate and has pretty good distance, fills a huge need for the Saints
6th David Patterson, solid pick

I commend you on your 7 round mock pretty good for the Saints with exception to our first round pick

SDSupaChargers
02-28-2007, 10:27 PM
Great chargers draft. Great. Griffin in the first is my dream pick. Leonard in the second is different, but it works. Something to consider though, if we end up drafting a running back it will mean that we got rid of Turner which means we would at least have another day 1 pick. That should be used on a guard, which we really need and you do not have us drafting. Steve Smith is great in the third. Love Jay Moore. We need more depth at corner so Gaddis is a good pick. Not really sure about the Stanback pick, but I'm gonna cut you some slack cause it was the 7th round and the other picks were very good.

Chucky
02-28-2007, 10:39 PM
The first two picks for the Bucs were great. After that it was all downhill

dabears10
02-28-2007, 11:00 PM
Where's Laurent Robinson? He's better then about 6-7 WR you have drafted. And actually plays football unlike Samardzija.

PalmerToCJ
02-28-2007, 11:09 PM
Man, that is a horrendous first day for the Bengals. TE is in no way shape or form a 1st round need and if we did go DT it would be a guy like Justin Harrell (if he fell).

I'm all but convinced it will be LB/CB day one for the Bengals. Revis in the 1st and Beason in the 2nd would be perfect.

Round 4 Payne is too much of an in the box guy for us. I'd rather see Baraka Atkins.

5th I like the position pick but I'd rather see Lorenzo Booker.

6th and 7th I wouldn't complain about anyway haha but Yamon Figurs would be sweet.

mtmock
02-28-2007, 11:28 PM
D+ for the boys.

thebow305
02-28-2007, 11:44 PM
Do you just completely hate the Dolphins? That is a terrible draft that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever! Although I do like Jarrett, he will never go that high now especially with the rumors that he is currently running in the mid 4.7's in the 40. He would be a better second round pick for us, which is actually a possibilty now. Also, Tanard Jackson is a good player but a huge reach that early in the second round, late second at best for him. Harris doesn't fit on our line at all, he is too undersized. Francis is a nice pick in the 4th, but other than that, your overall value in the phins draft is atrocious!

Caddy
03-01-2007, 12:47 AM
Calvin Johnson - Great pick
Anthony Spencer - Great pick
John Wendling - Great pick
Eric Wright - Good pick
Brandon Frye - Poor pick
Jay Alford - Meh
Dan Mozez - Good pick
Xzavie Jackson - ???

Severe Punishment
03-01-2007, 03:59 AM
Vikings draft grade : A
Very nice work, 7 rounds isn't easy..mine took around 3 hours...so I
repsect everyone who does it. Knowing how much time and effort have to go
into it.

neko4
03-01-2007, 04:45 AM
There is rumor of a Aaron Rodgers for Randy Moss Trade going down and Al Davis has confidence in Porter, Curry, Gabriel etc.

I love Vernon Davis, I am not giving up on him at all. You see, SF runs a double tight-end set and with Eric Johnson most likely leaving they need a replacement

CJ's a freak, theres no way around that. The only reason that they were running the double TE was because they wanted 2 of their 4 best recievers out they, if they lose Johnson they'll more than likely adjust.

bigmac076
03-01-2007, 10:00 AM
1st of all you have 2 DEs in the first 2 rounds going to the Cowboys. 2nd, in the past 2 drafts combined, Dallas has spent a total of 5 first day picks on the front 7(3 DL 2 OLB). So not only are we not taking 2 DEs on day one, we aren't taking any. Now,
1. I have a hard time believing that both Ginn AND Ross will slide passed #22. So lets say Ginn.
2. with Hall/Revis/Ross/Houston/McCauley all gone, we'll take the physical S/CB tweener Eric Weddle.
3. Crosby in the third would be perfect.
4. since we've addressed the DBs already we need so here we'll take Paul Soliai here.
5. No TEs will be drafted so we'll finally adress the O-line and take Chase Johnson here.
7a. we have the 2nd overall pick in the 7th (f/DEt vis NYJ) so we'll take Palko there
7b. we'll take another OL
7c. Breaston would be an absolute steal with our last pick!

roidrunner
03-01-2007, 10:02 AM
i love the packers draft. good job

TheGunShow
03-01-2007, 02:35 PM
Pretty decent Steelers mock. The only need you didn't seem to fill was OT. But if Essex or Starks starts to play like the third round picks they were maybe we won't need one. I think you have a few players slipping further than they will Zak DeOssie, John Beck, Brian Robison most likely will be long gone before round six. And Daymien Hughes and his 4.7 forty probably will see day two. And Antwan Barnes not getting drafted. He blew up the combine. Jarrett Hicks getting drafted but his teammate Joel Filani not. Especially after he ran a 4.51 at the combine.

To Mock you Mock.

RD1- Levi Brown OT Penn St.

Ben got killed last year and I say lets protect the franchise and use a high pick to solidify the o-line. 46 sacks in 14 starts. And he did a good job of getting the ball out of his hands too. If he was Bledsoe he'd of been sacked 200 times.

RD2- Ryan Kalil OC USC

Great value and a need with Hartings retiring. One of the few centers that could start from day one for the Steelers.

RD3- Jason Hill WR Washington

The Steelers don't really need a receiver but I think Hill has a chance at the first round and if he's around in the third it would be hard to pass on him. He and Holmes would be a great duo in a few years when Ward retires. Sure handed receiver with great route running ability and is a good blocker.

RD4- Tim Shaw OLB Penn St.

I like this pick. Good value and fills a need.

RD5- Brian Robison DE/OLB Texas

Reminds me of Adalius Thomas. I think he can play DE when the Steelers use four down linemen and OLB in the 3-4.

RD6- Zak DeOssie MLB Brown

I can't see him falling this far. But if he did he'd be a great MLB for the Steelers. Big 6-4 1/2 250lbs. Fast 4.58 forty, 4.22 short shuttle, 6.89 three cone. And extremely productive in College, 37 TFL, 11 Sacks, 10 PBU's, 4 INT's.

RD7- Kolby Smith RB Louisville

A team player that had a great season after Michael Bush got hurt and he took over. Also ran a 4.51 and had a 38 inch vertical. Should be a nice compliment to Willie Parker and take Haynes place as a third down back.

A-Dub4President
03-01-2007, 02:49 PM
As for the Cardinals mock...

1) Great pick.
2) Mediocre pick. Would much rather have Ryan Kalil
3) Bad pick. We don't need a MLB. Give us Rufus Alexander here.
4) Good pick.
5) Bad pick. We don't need a DT. Give us Josh Gattis here.
6) If we got Kalil in the second, give us Corey Anderson.

eaglesalltheway
03-01-2007, 05:34 PM
This needs a few improvements. The Eagles would take Griffin in the first round and either Wendling or Leonard in the second. The Eagles would then pick Bazuin or Waters in the third. If we would go Bazuin, Durant is a great pick for us in the fifth, but if we go Waters, C.J. Gaddis is a possibility as well. The Eagles would go with a QB for the future, run stuffing DT, or OL in the final two rounds. This isn't too bad, but here is how you could improve it.

etk
03-01-2007, 05:56 PM
Calvin Johnson - Great pick
Anthony Spencer - Great pick
John Wendling - Great pick
Eric Wright - Good pick
Brandon Frye - Poor pick
Jay Alford - Meh
Dan Mozez - Good pick
Xzavie Jackson - ???

I liked the CJ, Spencer & Wright picks. Mozes is pretty good too. I don't know who Xzavie Jackson is, but I assume he won't get drafted. Alford is a sucky pick. Frye is a reach and not a good pick because he will never start for us and we don't need to add young depth, we need players that can possibly start. Wendling is decent but we need a FS more than a SS, especially if we're spending a 2nd rounder on it.

C

gbpackers0065
03-02-2007, 06:21 PM
bump............

jackalope
03-02-2007, 07:09 PM
i don't like Nelson in the first. it's OK otherwise.

portis_clinton
03-02-2007, 07:12 PM
Pretty solid Skins mock overall. Only thing I would change is Gattis in 5th. We need an OG desperatley and that would be the best place to snag one.

morknolle
03-03-2007, 12:18 AM
Texans picks:
1st) Not horrible but I'd prefer Okoye, we need to improve our pass rushing and he does much more for that than Branch does. I think Landry would likely be the pick though in this circumstance.

2nd) I don't like this pick much. He's a very nice fit for a ZBS but I don't think he's good enough for this high of a pick and I think we're solid enough at OT with Charles Spencer and Erc Winston from last year's draft. If Ryan Kalil is available I think they'd definitely take him over Staley, he's a far better player and C is a bigger need than OT. Meriweather or even Fred Bennett would also be strong possibilities.

3rd) Doesn't do much of anything for the team. He's a solid SS but we really need a FS, not a SS. I could see them taking Antonio Pittman or maybe Michael Bush over Piscatelli any day, Jason Hill and Earl Everett would also be better options.

4th) I would be ok with this pick, I'd prefer to get a better prospect at RB (see Pittman possibility in the previous round, still holding out hope that Peterson will fall to #8). Jonathan Wade would be another possibility, and I personally like Baraka Atkins a lot for us but I don't know if they'd look at him here.

5th) Not real fond of this pick, SLB is the biggest need in that group and Simpson is not at all one of those. If we hadn't gone RB by now then Lorenzo Booker would be a great pick, in hindsight I'd look at other positions in the earlier rounds and grab Booker here, but when the real draft day comes I don't know how long they'll wait to look for a RB.

6th) Bad fit for our blocking scheme. I personally would prefer Koets for OT depth, John Beck would be another possibility at this point.

7th) It's hard to overly nitpick a 7th round pick, but I don't see a whole lot of point in drafting Ford. Zabransky could be a nice fit for our offensive system or Santucci would be nice added depth on our OLine.

hcbrad08
03-03-2007, 01:12 AM
The worst Jets mock I've seen...really good effort though no bullsh!t

49erfaithful
03-03-2007, 01:14 AM
Pretty good SF mock

GermanSaint
03-03-2007, 02:38 AM
hughes is no first rounder anymore and the other a pretty ordinary

21ST
03-03-2007, 09:04 AM
I love the redskins draft.

skinzzfan25
03-03-2007, 09:33 AM
Alright Redskins draft. We already have a smaller, speed rusher in Carter so I see Adams and Carter being too small to stop the run. There aren't any needs at safety for the Redskins, Prioleau is coming back off of injury and will be 100% this year, and then theres Sean Taylor...

jetsfan3
03-03-2007, 10:06 AM
1. I don't like the pick, Johnson is too light to be a 3-4 DE. Give us Blaylock there.

2a. Like the pick, McCauley is a solid player.

2b. Don't like this pick. Give us Michael Bush or at least Brian Leonard there.

3. Awful pick, we have two of the best and youngest safeties in the league. Definitely give us Aikika Alma-Francis there.

Vikes99ej
03-03-2007, 03:20 PM
I like the Vikings draft. If it went down like that, I would very pleasured.

princefielder28
03-03-2007, 03:22 PM
Very nice job with your Green Bay Packers :)

Finlayson56
03-03-2007, 04:30 PM
bad cowboys mock