PDA

View Full Version : TitleTown USA

nfrillman
07-10-2008, 10:30 PM
Does everyone else find this ESPN created contest as idiotic as I do. Every time I put it on ESPN and see it on it pisses me off. How about covering sports ESPN, you know, what you claim to cover. Stanford is not TitleTown, Lawrence is not TitleTown, Los Angeles is not TitleTown. Green Bay is TitleTown, they came up with it, it's theirs. Moreso, no one was clamoring for a new "TitleTown" to be crowned. It's so stupid. It would be like having a contest to name the new "Windy City", "Big Apple", or "Gateway to the West". I can see it now, "New York claims to be the Big Apple, but do they really have the biggest apples? We will visit 25 cities with the biggest apples and determine the true winner." Or how about the Windy City, "Chicago claims to be the Windy City, but other cities are very windy as well. We will assemble a team of wind experts to determine who is the windiest. Will Oklahoma City's position in Tornado Alley be enough to dethrone Chicago??? Tune in as the drama builds." Or how about for the title of Gateway to the West, "St. Louis is called the gateway to the west, but does it really have the most gates that open in the western direction??? Oh my, the excitement to find out is off the charts!!

badgerbacker
07-10-2008, 10:32 PM
We've been discussing this in the Green Bay Packer forum. It is absolutely outrageous and it further shows the stupidity of ESPN.

bored of education
i think its moronic. i hope boston doesnt win. foxboro is 30 minutes from boston and shouldnt talk.

LA has the most victories out of pro and college (main sports football, baseball, basketball, hockey) in the last 60-80 years i think. I dunno though

YAYareaRB
In that case some farm town in Washington has to be the Big Apple.

fischbowl
07-10-2008, 10:33 PM
I'm aware of this fine gentleman TitleTown088. And after seeing these segments on SportCenter, I think they owe him some money

adschofield
07-10-2008, 10:33 PM
I agree...Just give the title to Lawrence and end this ****

CrosbySucks
07-10-2008, 10:34 PM
Everyone knows title town is Seattle. Just look at all the championships that city has racked up over the years.

BeerBaron
07-10-2008, 10:35 PM
its almost unwatchable......theres no way this many places should even come close. This will be a NY or Chicago landslide as the morons in those places spam the hell out of the vote......

Its just as asinine as "Whos Now?" I don't even remember who actually won. Tiger Woods maybe....idfk.

I wish some other sports network would appear out of nowhere and just play highlights like ESPN used to....I think it would be successful for those of us who don't want to put up with ESPN's BS anymore

Boston
07-10-2008, 10:35 PM
Everyone knows title town is Seattle. Just look at all the championships that city has racked up over the years.

Titletown is Green Bay. The winner of this stupid little contest may be Seattle...

WMD
07-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Detroit > All

CrosbySucks
07-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Titletown is Green Bay. The winner of this stupid little contest may be Seattle...

If it's not Seattle it should be Cleveland or Atlanta. They've got a bunch of championships. Maybe Philly.

bored of education
07-10-2008, 10:38 PM
If it's not Seattle it should be Cleveland or Atlanta. They've got a bunch of championships. Maybe Philly.

Your sarcasm is not working to well.

CrosbySucks
07-10-2008, 10:40 PM
Your sarcasm is not working to well.

Good point. I couldn't think of a city with zero championships beside Seattle. Anyone know one?

diabsoule
07-10-2008, 10:41 PM
Good point. I couldn't think of a city with zero championships beside Seattle. Anyone know one?

New Orleans, Memphis, Phoenix have zero.

BeerBaron
07-10-2008, 10:42 PM
Buffalo? I know the bills haven't won a SB....dunno about pre-superbowl era though

CrosbySucks
07-10-2008, 10:42 PM
New Orleans, Memphis, Phoenix have zero.

Memphis only has one team, so I didn't include them. Phoenix and New Orleans work though. Wait, does LSU count for New Orleans?

BeerBaron
07-10-2008, 10:44 PM
Memphis only has one team, so I didn't include them. Phoenix and New Orleans work though. Wait, does LSU count for New Orleans?

If they count then Penn State must count for Philly, lol.

CrosbySucks
07-10-2008, 10:44 PM
Buffalo? I know the bills haven't won a SB....dunno about pre-superbowl era though

Yeah but nobody cares about Buffalo. It's not even a real place, like Oz or Canada.

nfrillman
07-10-2008, 10:47 PM
its almost unwatchable......theres no way this many places should even come close. This will be a NY or Chicago landslide as the morons in those places spam the hell out of the vote......

Its just as asinine as "Whos Now?" I don't even remember who actually won. Tiger Woods maybe....idfk.

I wish some other sports network would appear out of nowhere and just play highlights like ESPN used to....I think it would be successful for those of us who don't want to put up with ESPN's BS anymore

That's exactly what it is, this year's "Who's Now". We all know summer has some down time in sports, but there are still things to talk about. How about some more NBA draft talk, NHL draft and FA talk, the Olympics, NFL talk is almost always appreciated. Many people might not find those topics interesting, but I guarantee more people are interested in those topics than TitleTown. It's not hard since no one gives a rat's ass about this stupid time waster. You also mentioned something else I meant to say, the arguments presented are pointless because it is just going to be a population contest. It is going to be LA, Chicago, or NY. They might as well ask, "What city do you like best of these 25?" The results would be the same.

fischbowl
Yeah but nobody cares about Buffalo. It's not even a real place, like Oz or Canada.

**** you. Seriously **** off you piece of ****. I regret repping you

yo123
As much as I can't stand Green Bay, they came up with the name so they are TitleTown. I really could care less about this dumb little contest.

BeerBaron
07-10-2008, 10:50 PM
That's exactly what it is, this year's "Who's Now". We all know summer has some down time in sports, but there are still things to talk about. How about some more NBA draft talk, NHL draft and FA talk, the Olympics, NFL talk is almost always appreciated. Many people might not find those topics interesting, but I guarantee more people are interested in those topics than TitleTown. It's not hard since no one gives a rat's ass about this stupid time waster. You also mentioned something else I meant to say, the arguments presented are pointless because it is just going to be a population contest. It is going to be LA, Chicago, or NY. They might as well ask, "What city do you like best of these 25?" The results would be the same.

totally agreed. especially that last part about the cities.

Actually when I'm at school and get ESPNnews, thats all I'll watched except for Around the Horn and PTI. What sucks about that though is you still see the segments work their way in on there......pisses me off. At least with that I can mute it and just watch the crawl at the bottom to see what I want

PackerLegend
07-10-2008, 10:51 PM
Yes it is ******** along with ESPN so its a perfect match. Everyone knows the true titletown is Green Bay. I can see ESPN's new gig "Who's Next" a spin off from "Who's Now" taking all the young stars and voting.

fischbowl
07-10-2008, 10:52 PM
Yes it is ******** along with ESPN so its a perfect match. Everyone knows the true titletown is Green Bay. I can see ESPN's new gig "Who's Next" a spin off from "Who's Now" taking all the young stars and voting.

They already did that in the abomination that is ESPN the Magazine

SuperMcGee
07-10-2008, 10:53 PM

Bills kicked ass in the AFL just before the SB era. Consecutive champs in 64 and 65

CrosbySucks
07-10-2008, 10:53 PM
**** you. Seriously **** off you piece of ****. I regret repping you

Hey, it's not my fault Buffalo is some mystical far away land like where the Care Bears are from or the village where the Smurs were; talk to your governor/king/papa/wizard about getting it to reality.

BeerBaron
07-10-2008, 10:54 PM

maybe they should just do a whole segment on "Which of these 25 BS segments should we run next? Log on now to vote for Who's Now, Who's Next, Who was Last year, Who is 10 years from now, Who has the greatest mustache, Which Anchor should we kill and eat?" etc etc.......

nfrillman
07-10-2008, 10:54 PM

Let's not give them any ideas. Well, maybe we should, since theirs ideas blow.

bored of education
07-10-2008, 10:55 PM
Hey, it's not my fault Buffalo is some mystical far away land like where the Care Bears are from or the village where the Smurs were; talk to your governor/king/papa/wizard about getting it to reality.

funnyyy????

CrosbySucks
07-10-2008, 10:56 PM

http://personal.cobleskill.edu/student/lewerjm/goldberg.jpg

fischbowl
07-10-2008, 10:57 PM

For your ******* information, you ******* ******, we are an advance and vibrant city and despite our past economical problems, remain a fantastic area for our residents, students, tourists, among others. We do not live in ******* mushrooms. Get the **** off NFLDC you piece of ****.

CrosbySucks
07-10-2008, 10:59 PM
For your ******* information, you ******* ******, we are an advance and vibrant city and despite our past economical problems, remain a fantastic area for our residents, students, tourists, among others. We do not live in ******* mushrooms. Get the **** off NFLDC you piece of ****.

Whoa dude, chill out. I was only making a joke. If it upset you, I'm sorry, but I figured comparing it to Oz and Smurf Village would have clued you in that I was only kidding around.

bored of education
07-10-2008, 11:01 PM
Whoa dude, chill out. I was only making a joke. If it upset you, I'm sorry, but I figured comparing it to Oz and Smurf Village would have clued you in that I was only kidding around.
omgzzzzzzzzzzz dudezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz the mayor of munchkinville is gonna deport via chutes and ladders to candyland

fischbowl
07-10-2008, 11:01 PM
maybe they should just do a whole segment on "Which of these 25 BS segments should we run next? Log on now to vote for Who's Now, Who's Next, Who was Last year, Who is 10 years from now, Who has the greatest mustache, Which Anchor should we kill and eat?" etc etc.......

http://www.westminster-mo.edu/news/graduation/PublishingImages/KimMichael2.JPG

Michael Kim has some supple meat on his bones and is supposedly "tender like sparerib"

CrosbySucks
07-10-2008, 11:02 PM
omgzzzzzzzzzzz dudezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz the mayor of munchkinville is gonna deport via chutes and ladders to candyland

Muchkinville? Come on, every knows that Mos Eisley is Titletown.

BeerBaron
07-10-2008, 11:02 PM

Michael Kim has some supple meat on his bones and is supposedly "tender like sparerib"

haha, thats exactly the first one that popped to my mind too

PackerLegend
07-10-2008, 11:03 PM

Really??? Wow cant say im surprised ****ing idiots

CrosbySucks
07-10-2008, 11:04 PM
haha, thats exactly the first one that popped to my mind too

Yeah, but they're just going to be hungry again in twenty minutes.

awfullyquiet
07-10-2008, 11:16 PM

Putty Faced Asians don't make good meals.

themaninblack
07-11-2008, 12:14 AM
well, when Massillon and Columbus are Ohio's representatives you know its not a quality program.

VoteLynnSwan
07-11-2008, 01:19 AM
just to let you know how big of a joke this segment is...

i read in the paper (because i wouldn't dream of watching that dumb ass segment) that they filmed the Chicago segment at Wrigley Field...

now i can't say if they were trying to be sarcastic or something... but really... Wrigley field hasn't been home to many titles in recent years.

vidae
07-11-2008, 02:00 AM
It's Green Bay. Everyone knows it. If they pick anywhere else it will make it very hard for me to watch ESPN for anything anymore. I already stopped watching for football news/highlights (Go NFLN!)

Oh well. They have to fill air time with something. Maybe next year it won't be something so stupid.

doingthisinsteadofwork
07-11-2008, 02:26 AM
God I hate ESPN.
Im sorry but there make a wish segment is stupid. I wanna watch sports not charity.Get that crap off the TV and show me some highlights.

doingthisinsteadofwork
07-11-2008, 02:30 AM
It's Green Bay. Everyone knows it. If they pick anywhere else it will make it very hard for me to watch ESPN for anything anymore. I already stopped watching for football news/highlights (Go NFLN!)

Oh well. They have to fill air time with something. Maybe next year it won't be something so stupid.
This is ESPN were talking about it can only get worse.

Sniper
07-11-2008, 02:47 AM

So Fisch, how do you feel about CrosbySucks? (Worst....name....ever)

iworshipbender
07-11-2008, 06:43 AM
I guarantee it will be New York. Because going to ESPN for anything other than YANKEES METS REDSAWKS (tee hee, we'll give tampa bay and chicago some cred too) is like pulling teeth out of a tiger that's being eaten by an elephant.

Brent
07-11-2008, 06:44 AM
Does everyone else find this ESPN created contest as idiotic as I do. Every time I put it on ESPN and see it on it pisses me off. How about covering sports ESPN, you know, what you claim to cover.
They're like those 24-hours news networks, they need to fill in their time slots, so **** like this is what does it. All you can do is not watch or talk about it and hope others to the same.

iworshipbender
07-11-2008, 06:50 AM
God I hate ESPN.
Im sorry but there make a wish segment is stupid. I wanna watch sports not charity.Get that crap off the TV and show me some highlights.

Isn't it obvious? They're trying to get women to watch by putting something in that is completely unrelated to sports. This, in conjunction with the WNBA, and lack of hockey is why I only watch ESPN sparingly when it's not college football season.

CrosbySucks
07-11-2008, 07:17 AM
Wow, apparently fischbowl got banned for his comments or at least that's what a rep comment told me. I know this off-topic but if you mods wouldn't mind, just unban him. I honestly wasn't offended or upset he got hostile over a joke. I don't wanna be know as a newbie who got some guy banned who has like 6,000 posts.