PDA

View Full Version : RB Situation

Yung Flippa
02-28-2007, 08:45 PM
1) What Do You Think PJ Daniels (Our 4th Round Pick Last Year) Can Bring?
I Think He Can Contibute When He Gets His Chance
They Are Just Molding Him But When Mike Anderson Retires I Think He Could Contribute Alot

2) If We Do Draft A RB, Who Do You Think It Will Be?
I Think If Nobody Falls Down To Us, I Think We Are Going To Be Drafting Either Kenny Irons, Michael Bush or Tony Hunt.

jkpigskin
02-28-2007, 08:58 PM
alot people on this board like tony hunt and im one of them...

not really a fan of pj daniels... i didnt understand the pick then and i dont now...

BigDawg819
03-01-2007, 01:00 AM
I'm willing to give Daniels a shot, there was no need to rush him last year so thats why he didn't play. If Ozzie drafts them there's a reason so I'm content with the pick.

I'm a fan of Hunt and an increasing fan of Irons. Its almost to the point I want Irons more than Hunt. Anyway either one would work. But then again with the talent in this draft we may miss out on both of them due to a better player falling. If so Chris Brown has expressed interest and that's always an option.

Bohleive
03-01-2007, 09:32 AM
alot people on this board like tony hunt and im one of them...

not really a fan of pj daniels... i didnt understand the pick then and i dont now...

Daniels is a typical Ravens mid-rd RB pick. He was productive in College, not great measurables but what he does, he does well. He is a solid tacklebreaking back who can block and catch the ball out of the backfield. He's like Chester Taylor with a different running style.
That said, sometimes these guys pan out and sometimes they don't, we'll have to wait and see with Daniels.

georgiafan
03-01-2007, 11:17 AM
How does Musa Smith fit in ? I know he's a FA

EdReedUnstoppable
03-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Daniels is a typical Ravens mid-rd RB pick. He was productive in College, not great measurables but what he does, he does well. He is a solid tacklebreaking back who can block and catch the ball out of the backfield. He's like Chester Taylor with a different running style.
That said, sometimes these guys pan out and sometimes they don't, we'll have to wait and see with Daniels.

I'm not by any means giving up on him after 1 preseason, but it looks that all he does well is be very slow, show no explosiveness, and fumble the ball, so lets hope he doesn't do that well. I really disliked that pick when we made it, we should have taken Lundy who was still on the board at the time.

Bohleive
03-01-2007, 01:17 PM
it looks that all he does well is be very slow, show no explosiveness, and fumble the ball, so lets hope he doesn't do that well.

I meant in terms of his performance in college, but yeah, we'll have to see what one season has done as far as catching him up to the speed of the nfl.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-01-2007, 01:59 PM
I was saying the past 4 years that Lundy will be Priest Holmes part 2 but we reach and take Daniels, our one bad pick, and it was a reach because no other team would have thought about taking him that high.

Ravens1991
03-01-2007, 02:16 PM
I really didnt understand the pick then and now it is showing.

niel89
03-01-2007, 02:40 PM
word out of denver is they are looking at jamal lewis now after they traded away tatum bell. they were looking at him last year to if i recall, so he might end up there

niel89
03-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Broncos | Team could be interested in J. Lewis
Thu, 1 Mar 2007 12:19:41 -0800

John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports the Denver Broncos may be interested in signing free-agent RB Jamal Lewis after trading RB Tatum Bell to the Detroit Lions.

kffl.com

SeanTaylorRIP
03-01-2007, 02:58 PM
hmm... Jamal in the ZBS, not so sure.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-01-2007, 05:45 PM
Jamal may not be back, I think other teams will be willing to give him more dough, and he'd be stupid not to take it.

niel89
03-01-2007, 06:26 PM

denver is looking to beef up on the oline in order to give better pass protection to cutler. so they may try out some new offensive stuff.

Bohleive
03-01-2007, 06:53 PM
We ran a ZBS when Jamal broke 2000 yds in '03. It left with Colletto, the OL coach before our current guy (can't remember his name).

SeanTaylorRIP
03-01-2007, 06:55 PM
I know but new Jamal will get engulfed in the backfield with his indecision.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-01-2007, 06:58 PM
I was saying the past 4 years that Lundy will be Priest Holmes part 2 but we reach and take Daniels, our one bad pick, and it was a reach because no other team would have thought about taking him that high.

I wouldnt say it was our 1 bad pick, I think another bad pick from that draft was Sam Koch, and I love Sam and want him to be here for a long time but no one else was gonna take him and we could have gotten another player and still ended up with Sammy in UDFA or taken him in rd 7 instead of LaCasse.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-01-2007, 07:01 PM
Yeah I agree I was puzzled as Koch woulda gone undrafted but he's a good pick because he's good, although they guy who I was sure we woulda taken if we went punter Ryan Plackemeier was equally as good this year if not better and he went undrafted I believe and was the clear cut #1 punting prospect. Too bad Koch is good cause I woulda loved to take Podlesh.

Bohleive
03-01-2007, 07:01 PM
I wouldnt say it was our 1 bad pick, I think another bad pick from that draft was Sam Koch, and I love Sam and want him to be here for a long time but no one else was gonna take him and we could have gotten another player and still ended up with Sammy in UDFA or taken him in rd 7 instead of LaCasse.

I'd say you abslutely never know with the draft, so why chance it with Koch? The guy was an absolute stud as far as rookie punters go and we had no one else.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-01-2007, 07:02 PM
You and me both buddy, but hey maybe we'll get lucky and get Josh Wilson somehow and get a Terp that way!! Or how bout David Holloway in the late rds.

niel89
03-01-2007, 07:03 PM
jamal lewis should sign up for dacing with the stars. he can do the stutter step

SeanTaylorRIP
03-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Ah I'd love Holloway late, with some grooming he could be another late round linebacker steal. Another guy to look at late as an eventual replacement Bolston.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-01-2007, 07:06 PM
I'd say you abslutely never know with the draft, so why chance it with Koch? The guy was an absolute stud as far as rookie punters go and we had no one else.

I'd say it was pretty sure we were gonna get him and be the only ones, have you heard the story of how we found him? well Ill tell it anywho...

We went to see Cory Ross(I think it was CJ might have been someone else) return punts at the Nebraska Pro day, and Sammy was punting to him and the Ravens were extremely impressed. Sammy said the only team to even speak with him was the Ravens he would have been ours.

Bohleive
03-01-2007, 08:08 PM
I'd say it was pretty sure we were gonna get him and be the only ones
I'm just saying, that may have been their rationale, and given what our punter situation was, I can't really fault them.

ChefMike
03-01-2007, 08:20 PM
Not really sure how good I feel about Daniels ? Though I must admit I have lost a little faith in Jamal as well. I think we can beef up our line and draft a RB, I wouldnt be apposed to taking the Combine beast from Arizona Chris Henry. He ran a high 4.3 40 and is a built 230lbs he seems to be a faster version of Jamal. Or since we still have Mike Anderson under contract I wouldn't be suprised to see them take someone like a Lorenzo Booker or a Garret Wolfe later in the 5th rd ?? I just think that their are Teams out there that have proven that the Line is more important then the back running behind them (to a point) Denver has done a tremendous job putting an above average back behind a well tooled and coached O-Line and seem to churn out over 1600-1700 yds out of 2 backs at a good clip. With the improving Passing game we have through McNair with him throwing to Clayton, Heap, Mason, Williams and Wilcox. So we have less then 2 months til we find out who is going to be lining up for us...