PDA

View Full Version : Chris Rock about Tupac and Rap Music

PSUEagles17
07-11-2008, 03:47 PM
On Rap- Look that up i dont wanna get banned on my first day here

He wants a Street Named after Tupac- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64jR5tfGN3s

awfullyquiet
07-11-2008, 03:48 PM
i'd still rather be rolling down biggie street.

PSUEagles17
07-11-2008, 04:06 PM
Tupac was better than Biggie by a mile

PSUEagles17
07-11-2008, 04:07 PM
hell Tupac is still makin albums movies EVERY YEAR. It makes u wonder ?????? Is he.............

yourfavestoner
07-11-2008, 04:08 PM
hell Tupac is still makin albums movies EVERY YEAR. It makes u wonder ?????? Is he.............

No. He's dead.

awfullyquiet
07-11-2008, 04:09 PM
No. He's dead.

very much so.
like snuff. and thule's ex-gf.

thule
07-11-2008, 04:12 PM
ex? only when you get to ND :P

PSUEagles17
07-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Well he is gone and i have EVERY album he made. Suge Knight set him up. Anybody can figure that out

But how can you still say he is dead after watching this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfUy-QvcaGc

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mpCL7zo2GWQ LISTEN TO WHAT PAC SAYS

In one song he says "take time to picture my rhymes and reverse these words i say" So in the 2nd video me n a friend did it and hear what we came up with

Yes i know you will post his dead body. But if you watch a Cali Love video and pause it RIGHT before he wakes up and gasps 4 air look how he is laying down he is layin the same way in BOTH pics

PSUEagles17
07-11-2008, 04:22 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=J-Xop-WNfTQ&feature=related

Whos that @ 228 his brother right

JF4
07-11-2008, 05:08 PM

Bah! Biggie > Tupac for me...Not that I care what you think but to say Tupac by a mile really makes me dislike you. Or just your taste in music.

Flyboy
07-11-2008, 06:11 PM

LOL. Laughable.

PSUEagles17
07-11-2008, 06:14 PM
Hey man thats just me i like Tupac and You like Biggie. I just never felt Biggies flow in his music. Also some of Biggies lyrics didnt sound so great in some of his songs.
Better Song Hail Mary or big Poppa

JF4
07-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Hey man thats just me i like Tupac and You like Biggie. I just never felt Biggies flow in his music. Also some of Biggies lyrics didnt sound so great in some of his songs.
Better Song Hail Mary or big Poppa

Big Poppa isn't really a great song of Biggie's, got to famous from Hardball. Off the top of my head these songs are all better: The Warning, Going Back To Cali, Hypnotize, Machine Gun Funk, Gimme the Loot or What's Beef.

And yes I like Biggie, but I also like Tupac and unlike you I am willing to admit the gap in between is small.

PSUEagles17
07-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Many songs that Tupac wrote. Like Life Goes On,Keep Ya Head Up,Ghetto Gospel,Changes, Brendas got a baby Smile Pacs Life and Dear Mama those songs can help people get through problems. Name 2 songs that BIG wrote that help people get through there problems

PSUEagles17
07-11-2008, 06:21 PM
well maybe we can agree on this Crank That and Soulja are a slap to hip hop. That guy wouldnt know rap if it shot him in the head.

JF4
07-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Many songs that Tupac wrote. Like Life Goes On,Keep Ya Head Up,Ghetto Gospel,Changes, Brendas got a baby Smile Pacs Life and Dear Mama those songs can help people get through problems. Name 2 songs that BIG wrote that help people get through there problems

Juicy is one of the greatest most inspirational songs of all time. Also you could put Hypnotize in the same mold.

BTW, a rap song doesn't have to help you get through problems to be good.

terribletowel39
07-11-2008, 06:22 PM
I have a feeling this is going to become the Rap Thread Part Deux.

PSUEagles17
07-11-2008, 06:23 PM
isnt this weird in the song God Bless The Dead Tupac says RIP Biggie Smalls. Now didnt Biggie doe 1 year LATER than Tupac so how could he say that. Also in his last music video under "Tupac" he dies. His next video he was under the name "makaveli" remove the K it says I AM ALIVE. I think he is dead but why did he leave so many clues that he is living

JF4
07-11-2008, 06:26 PM
Please stop.

PSUEagles17
07-11-2008, 06:30 PM
i never said he is alive. I know he is dead. But its just a shame how he died. By a person who called him "a son". Suge Knight should be locked up 4 life

UKfan
07-11-2008, 06:31 PM
isnt this weird in the song God Bless The Dead Tupac says RIP Biggie Smalls. Now didnt Biggie doe 1 year LATER than Tupac so how could he say that. Also in his last music video under "Tupac" he dies. His next video he was under the name "makaveli" remove the K it says I AM ALIVE. I think he is dead but why did he leave so many clues that he is living

Makaveli = 8 letters
Maaveli = 7 letters
I AM ALIVE = 8 letters

I call shenanigans...

PSUEagles17
07-11-2008, 06:34 PM
u can use a letter more than once. I KNOW HE IS DEAD. Im just wanna see Suge in jail for murder but his case wasnt even judeged or looked into. They asked Orlando Anderson like 7 questions then stoped

terribletowel39
07-11-2008, 06:36 PM
Dude that was 12 years ago. Does this really still eat away at you??

yourfavestoner
07-11-2008, 07:19 PM
Make it stop...

Brent
07-11-2008, 07:41 PM
who cares? he would make so much damn money if he were alive, even if he did fake his death (which he didnt) his coming back would be insane amounts of bank. Plus, no one could keep a secret like that for this long.

bearsfan_51
07-11-2008, 08:19 PM
Both Biggie and Tupac are overrated, but I'd take Biggie of the two.

yourfavestoner
07-11-2008, 08:29 PM

Everybody becomes overrated after they die.

Primetime21
07-11-2008, 08:34 PM

Its the exact opposite, when someone like that dies they become a legend or a genius. Just like every artist's painting skyrocket in value and recently people have been all over Heath Ledgers balls.

yourfavestoner
07-11-2008, 08:42 PM
Its the exact opposite, when someone like that dies they become a legend or a genius. Just like every artist's painting skyrocket in value and recently people have been all over Heath Ledgers balls.

So are you agreeing with me or not? Because that's what I said.

Gatz
07-11-2008, 10:41 PM
This thread wins.

Rob S
07-11-2008, 11:14 PM
Bah! Biggie > Tupac for me...Not that I care what you think but to say Tupac by a mile really makes me dislike you. Or just your taste in music.

Its quite obvious that they were really close......it kinda depends what style u like. I go back and forth myself depending on my mood. But, ur rocking a blackstar avy, plus rep for u! They were sickkkk

Rob S
07-11-2008, 11:16 PM

How do u feel they are rated? Most hardcore rap fans place them top 10, they arent the lock 1-2 many people feel they are. Personally, Pac barely makes my top 5 and Biggie barely makes the top 10 (only bc of his lack of recordings tho.....he was just as gifted as pac imo)

Rob S
07-11-2008, 11:27 PM
Juicy is one of the greatest most inspirational songs of all time. Also you could put Hypnotize in the same mold.

BTW, a rap song doesn't have to help you get through problems to be good.

Juicy is amazing........but thats not what big was about man. are u kidding me? Jay-Z is the same way. Blueprint and Reasonable Doubt, 2 classics. Did he have many serious songs, no. But it sounded sick, his flow was amazing, and his wordplay was off the charts.........kinda like, oh yeah biggie.

JF4
07-11-2008, 11:31 PM
Juicy is amazing........but thats not what big was about man. are u kidding me? Jay-Z is the same way. Blueprint and Reasonable Doubt, 2 classics. Did he have many serious songs, no. But it sounded sick, his flow was amazing, and his wordplay was off the charts.........kinda like, oh yeah biggie.

When did I say he was about that?

Dude just asked me to name two inspirational songs from Biggie so I did. No **** Biggie wasn't that kind of rapper.

And just out of curiousity, who would you rank higher Jay-Z or Biggie? Plz don't say Jay Z

islandboy843
07-11-2008, 11:33 PM
Jay-Z bites biggie

Tyson bites Holyfield Nuff Said

JF4
07-11-2008, 11:36 PM
Jay-Z bites biggie

Tyson bites Holyfield Nuff Said

Ok...

So in proper terms your trying to say?

islandboy843
07-11-2008, 11:37 PM
Biggie

Jay-Z

JF4
07-11-2008, 11:41 PM
Biggie

Jay-Z

You made the right choice.

Rob S
07-11-2008, 11:43 PM
When did I say he was about that?

Dude just asked me to name two inspirational songs from Biggie so I did. No **** Biggie wasn't that kind of rapper.

And just out of curiousity, who would you rank higher Jay-Z or Biggie? Plz don't say Jay Z

That was actually for the person u responded to haha. Actually I have Big higher by a little. I think Jay came out with some crap that drops him, and I think biggies 2 classics are slightly better than Jay's. Jay is top 15 in my book tho, I have Big at 8 or 9 I would say.

YAYareaRB
07-11-2008, 11:46 PM
Im a California boy so naturally I'd prefer Pac over Biggie, but not by much. I also listen to Biggie. His flow is raw and nasty! Pac was consistent though. Pac gave so much feeling and charisma into every verse. His delivery really puts him over most MCs.

Rob S
07-11-2008, 11:48 PM
Im a California boy so naturally I'd prefer Pac over Biggie, but not by much. I also listen to Biggie. His flow is raw and nasty! Pac was consistent though. Pac gave so much feeling and charisma into every verse. His delivery really puts him over most MCs.

yeah what i love about pac is that he really makes u feel what he is feeling........he really makes u care. Thats a special talent.

JF4
07-11-2008, 11:48 PM
That was actually for the person u responded to haha. Actually I have Big higher by a little. I think Jay came out with some crap that drops him, and I think biggies 2 classics are slightly better than Jay's. Jay is top 15 in my book tho, I have Big at 8 or 9 I would say.

Yea after I responded to your post I kind of realized it wasn't directed towards me. And not that I care of anything but usually when people say plus rep for you, they actually give rep!!! (I really do care, rep is my life, without it I am nothing but a worthless screen name)

Rob S
07-11-2008, 11:53 PM
Yea after I responded to your post I kind of realized it wasn't directed towards me. And not that I care of anything but usually when people say plus rep for you, they actually give rep!!! (I really do care, rep is my life, without it I am nothing but a worthless screen name)

you will get ur rep, chill. Everyone loves this rep stuff.....haha, never really cared. Didnt know u were into rap tho......good stuff bro

adschofield
07-12-2008, 12:57 AM
Greatest rappers ever: http://www.myspace.com/thesamuridaz

bearsfan_51
07-12-2008, 01:01 AM
How do u feel they are rated? Most hardcore rap fans place them top 10, they arent the lock 1-2 many people feel they are. Personally, Pac barely makes my top 5 and Biggie barely makes the top 10 (only bc of his lack of recordings tho.....he was just as gifted as pac imo)
How do I personally rate them, or how do I think they are rated? There's a difference.

I would put Biggie in my top 10, Tupac is nowhere near it except in terms of musical impact. Tupac influenced a lot of rappers, although I'm not sure that's a good thing.

He's still a vast improvement over the ******** that you kids listen to today though.

adschofield
07-12-2008, 01:01 AM

See: Nirvana

illmatic74
07-12-2008, 06:13 AM
Biggie is better than Tupac by far but Jay-Z is better than Biggie

PSUEagles17
07-12-2008, 08:29 AM
Tupac is the best EVER hands down. But maybe we can all agree on this Eazy E was the funniest and shortest rapper ever. All his raps are so good. His song is up coming in rap

Gay Ork Wang
07-12-2008, 08:37 AM
u can use a letter more than once. I KNOW HE IS DEAD. Im just wanna see Suge in jail for murder but his case wasnt even judeged or looked into. They asked Orlando Anderson like 7 questions then stoped
Did u know that if u change 4 letters in Mama it becomes bear? thats awesome

Addict
07-12-2008, 08:46 AM
See: Nirvana

True, Nirvana's influence is vastly overrated, even though they were awesome.

Rob S
07-12-2008, 02:28 PM
How do I personally rate them, or how do I think they are rated? There's a difference.

I would put Biggie in my top 10, Tupac is nowhere near it except in terms of musical impact. Tupac influenced a lot of rappers, although I'm not sure that's a good thing.

He's still a vast improvement over the ******** that you kids listen to today though.

I meant how do u feel they are rated. Because amongst the people who actually know rap and seek out good stuff nowadays rather than hanging from weezy's balls, BIG or Pac are never usually in the top 3 and Rakim almost always takes the #1 position.

bearsfan_51
07-12-2008, 02:49 PM
I meant how do u feel they are rated. Because amongst the people who actually know rap and seek out good stuff nowadays rather than hanging from weezy's balls, BIG or Pac are never usually in the top 3 and Rakim almost always takes the #1 position.
Rakim is definately in my top 3, probably with KRS-One and Pharoe Monch. I've never sat down and ranked them, but that's probably how I'd go.

LonghornsLegend
07-12-2008, 09:08 PM
I can't believe some people are still torn over Tupac's so called "not dying", he left all those "clues" so his music would still live, Tupac wasn't stupid and he knew it was a good chance he would get shot at some point and he wanted his music to live on...His mom has been everywhere on TV talking about his death, just let it go.

As far as Biggie & Pac it depends where you grew up and what you grew up on, I was born on the east and Biggie was the ish, I got on Pac later when I moved down south, but both had great music, to say one is better then the other by a mile is ignorant because its music, because you think somebody is better by a mile could be completely different for somebody else.

yourfavestoner
07-12-2008, 09:31 PM

The only person who actually thinks Weezy is a great rapper is Weezy. He's not great. He's just entertaining. Nothing more, nothing less.

And Rakim is the ****.