PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos

yourfavestoner
07-11-2008, 11:13 PM
Well guys, it looks like I'm gonna be getting blasted on sometime soon. My best friend works for Vans and runs one of the shoe booths on Warped Tour every summer. Olliver Peck (Kat Von D's ex-husband) goes on the tour with them and does tattoos for people on tour, and my friend said he could set me up for an appointment to get a tattoo done by Olliver.

I have a few ideas for what I want, but haven't settled on something for sure yet. My first idea, and an idea I've had for awhile is to get the saying "Vi Vivus Veniversum Vivius Vici" in script around my left wrist. For those of you that haven't seen V For Vendetta, it means "By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe" in Latin.

Another idea that's been bouncing around my head for awhile now is to get something DNA or molecule related. I've always had a fascination for DNA, heredity, and genes (probably why I've always loved the Metal Gear Solid series) and have googled around and found some pretty cool DNA tattoo ideas.

My third idea would be to get the molecular structure of dopamine and the molecular structure of serotonin with the saying "the science of happiness" (or something similar) in between them on my wrist. Got the idea from this pic...
http://www.bmezine.com/tattoo/A80602/high/npp8-simplify3.jpg
Basically, dopamine and serotonin are the two chemicals that regulate mood and happiness in the brain, symbolizing that my belief that happiness, or any form of emotion, is nothing more than a state of mind.

So, this thread is for you all to share ideas that you may have for tattoos and for users who already have them to proudly show them off.

iworshipbender
07-11-2008, 11:24 PM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a239/djrecon83/coolice1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/jacke1/ice2.jpg
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/4697/1214739846159wc2.jpg
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/4935/1214737675177nc5.jpg
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/6381/1214737748073bh4.jpg
http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/711/1214739442706nh3.jpg
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4264/1214737335310mq8.jpg

I love tattoos.

Also, I like the idea of the dopamine and serotonin one

nfrillman
07-11-2008, 11:40 PM
Don't get something on your wrist. Tattoos need to be in a place that can be easily covered up.

Ravens1991
07-12-2008, 12:00 AM
I am considering a lat tattoo, a back tat, a ankle tat, or a arm tat. I dont know which but I would get 1 or 2. I want to get my last name on my back or lat. Or a crucix on my ankle/calf

M.O.T.H.
07-12-2008, 12:17 AM
I want to party w/ Mr. Cool Ice. lol.

Yeah, just make sure you do some research on your artist. Dont want to wind up w/ something like the pics Iworshipbender posted...my sister has some pretty terrible tatoos. She thinks they're great but, it kind of looks like she handed a toddler a marker and asked him to draw something. ha.

Myself, I'm not much of a tatoo guy.

edit...Oh yeah...I would never suggest getting a sports teams logo. Those are just tacky as hell, imo.

doingthisinsteadofwork
07-12-2008, 12:23 AM
Im thinking of getting an American Spirit tatoo on one shoulder and an agorist symol on the other.

A Perfect Score
07-12-2008, 12:40 AM
we had one of these threads before...:O but i dont have any tattoos yet, but I will have by next weekend! whooooo! gunna be pimp. I plan on getting lots, but not like, TOO many. I love the look. Just gotta make sure its something you want on your skin for the rest of your life.

Modano
07-12-2008, 02:21 AM
I have a few ideas for what I want, but haven't settled on something for sure yet. My first idea, and an idea I've had for awhile is to get the saying "Vi Vivus Veniversum Vivius Vici" in script around my left wrist. For those of you that haven't seen V For Vendetta, it means "By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe" in Latin.

This is a great idea. I've already a tatoo on my forearm and I was planning to get another one using that quote from V.
But remember it is "VI VERI VENIVERSUM VIVUS VICI".

yourfavestoner
07-12-2008, 02:38 AM
Don't get something on your wrist. Tattoos need to be in a place that can be easily covered up.

That's what watches are for. ;)

iworshipbender
07-12-2008, 02:44 AM
I've been considering getting one that says "fortes fortuna adiuvat" somewhere on my body. From Wikipedia: "The phrase means that Fortuna, the Goddess of luck, is more likely to help those that take risks, take action, and develop their skills proactively"

I just can't figure out how to arrange the text to suit my tastes.

Modano
07-12-2008, 03:47 AM
I've been considering getting one that says "fortes fortuna adiuvat" somewhere on my body. From Wikipedia: "The phrase means that Fortuna, the Goddess of luck, is more likely to help those that take risks, take action, and develop their skills proactively"

I just can't figure out how to arrange the text to suit my tastes.

I think "Faber Est Suae Quisque Fortunae" would be better. It means that a man is the artifex of his own destiny...

SuperKevin
07-12-2008, 04:31 AM
I have 7 already and already have appointments for 3 more in August when I get back from Iraq. The Marine Corps won't let me get tattoos on my forearms anymore so I've decided to fill my entire torso with ink.

So far I have

1. stupid tribal on my right arm near the shoulder (first tattoo I got at age 17 and the only one I'd ever consider covering up)
2. 2 thin black bands around my right arm right above the elbow. They don't mean anything but i like their simplicity.
3. dog tags around my neck with my actual dog tag information so i can always be buried with my dog tags regardless of the situation.
4. a sun on my back in between my shoulder blades
5. My last name "David" in script down my right side from armpit to waist
6 and 7. My first and last intial framed inside shields behind each of my ankles. Plain now but will eventually add shading and color

I am getting soon

8 and 9. The Maryland and California state flags on my stomach flanking my bellybutton to detail the two most important places in my life.
10. The Arabic words for "Family Comes First" on my stomach right below the rib cage
11. My sons footprints with his full name and birthdate circling around them on the back of my right shoulder

iworshipbender
07-12-2008, 05:06 AM
I think "Faber Est Suae Quisque Fortunae" would be better. It means that a man is the artifex of his own destiny...

You know what? That's perfect! Thanks! I'm going to get that as a tattoo sometime in the near future.

rchrd
07-12-2008, 06:02 AM
I have 6 and i'm already working on ideas for the all special 13th, what comes in between is a bit up in the air.

Modano
07-12-2008, 07:06 AM
You know what? That's perfect! Thanks! I'm going to get that as a tattoo sometime in the near future.

Great choice ;)

Gay Ork Wang
07-12-2008, 07:08 AM
I want a Panda on my arm...

farfromforgotten
07-12-2008, 07:39 AM
Yeah, just make sure you do some research on your artist.

This is great information. Anyone thinking of having something permanently placed on your body, do the research and pay the extra money. Dont go to a friend of a friend who knows some guy with a tattoo machine in his basement.

Dont get anything common. Be original. No tribal bands. No names of a wife or girlfriend. No to your own name as well. Kids names are ok.

My next tattoos are going to be...

1. An ocean theme covering my whole right arm. I love the ocean. I love colorful tattoos. Gonna have lots of colorful coral and fish. My wife is always bugging me to get her name. Nope. I'm getting a mermaid that will use her face and the arms of the mermaid will also have the tattoos that my wife has on her arms. I'm also getting a baby mermaid that will use my daughters face.

2. For my son. He is almost 5 years old. He loves spiderman. So for him I'm gonna get a tattoo of a child spidey using his face in some kind of action sequence. I still have a lot of thinking to do with this one. Not sure where I'm going to place it yet either.

That is gonna be my way of having my family tattoo'd on me. Rather than the traditional portrait or names. Nothing wrong with those that like the traditional portraits, those are nice as well. Just not my thing.

Edit:

One of my tats is posted in the Transformers thread on here. It is Soundwave. Done in 2002. A lot of people who see it tell me it is one of the most colorful tattoos they have ever seen and ask me if I just recently got it. I've never had it touched up. Good tattoo work from a great artist. He moved away though.

CJSchneider
07-12-2008, 11:06 AM
I've always wanted to get the Boba Fett shoulder emblem.
http://www.bobafettfanclub.com/manual/iconography/shoulder-symbol.jpg

scottyboy
07-12-2008, 11:16 AM
http://www.active.com/images/upimages/RutgersR11111.jpg

I plan on getting this tattoo somewhere after I(hopefully) get in to Rutgers. Don' know where yet, maybe my face or my heart... most likely ankle or forearm though. Also plan on getting some sort of Giants tattoo and on one of my shoulders my grandpa's name and dates of birth and death inside a football or basketball on my shoulder

Staubach12
07-12-2008, 11:25 AM
I'll probably get a few when I get a bit older. First of all, The Dallas Cowboys star somewhere, most likely my shoulder blade. A line of two from The Love song of J Alfred Prufrock around my arm. Maybe a few others if I have any good ideas. Someone post pics of cool ones.

A Perfect Score
07-12-2008, 11:26 AM
I always wanted to get "Sic Transit Gloria Mundi" right across my shoulder blades...would be incredibly badass. I might have to go get that done now!

Modano
07-12-2008, 01:11 PM
I'll probably get a few when I get a bit older. First of all, The Dallas Cowboys star somewhere, most likely my shoulder blade. A line of two from The Love song of J Alfred Prufrock around my arm. Maybe a few others if I have any good ideas. Someone post pics of cool ones.

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/7111/foto42al8.jpg

This is mine, done in 2006

SuperKevin
07-12-2008, 01:14 PM
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/7111/foto42al8.jpg

This is mine, done in 2006

What's it say? It's reversed in the mirror. Looks like "Respect ...... ........"

Wootylicous
07-12-2008, 01:39 PM
Respect my .....

saintsfan912
07-12-2008, 01:53 PM
This should suprise noone that has read any of my posts.

http://a1000.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/64/l_5ae89569382719ed0eb6300582394a47.jpg

Modano
07-12-2008, 02:09 PM
What's it say? It's reversed in the mirror. Looks like "Respect ...... ........"

I will post a better pic tomorrow.. by the way it says Respect My Grind

SuperKevin
07-12-2008, 03:39 PM
If I could get a job where it didn't matter what tattoos I had, I always told myself I'd get a Jolly Roger(pirate flag) tattoos on the front of my throat

Addict
07-12-2008, 03:57 PM
if it wasn't so damn visible, you could give the Boondock Saints' tattoos a go.

terribletowel39
07-12-2008, 05:28 PM
I've got Hakuna on my right forearm and Matata on my left. An infinity symbol. And Steelers logo with 5 Lombardes around it on my rib cage. Got several in the brain at the moment.

One I know for sure I am getting in the near future is a tribute to my homestate and the state I love. I am getting a bottle of Louisiana Hot Sauce spilling over and the contents forming the state.

I am a real laid back guy and I can guarantee that will never change. I will probably get some slack for this next one. All my friends call me BK, so I am going to get the Burger Kings face on my left rib cage sometime soon as well. Ya know, the 'creepy' looking guy?? Ya, it is happening.

saintsfan912
07-12-2008, 05:37 PM
My next one will be coming in the next couple weeks. Hopefully next weekend. It's gonna be a fleur de lis. Not the artsy one, the awesome Saints one. Tribute to Louisiana and my Saints.

Ravens1991
07-12-2008, 06:19 PM
If I could get a job where it didn't matter what tattoos I had, I always told myself I'd get a Jolly Roger(pirate flag) tattoos on the front of my throat

That would hurt like a mother.

yourfavestoner
07-12-2008, 09:38 PM
I have 7 already and already have appointments for 3 more in August when I get back from Iraq. The Marine Corps won't let me get tattoos on my forearms anymore so I've decided to fill my entire torso with ink.

So far I have

1. stupid tribal on my right arm near the shoulder (first tattoo I got at age 17 and the only one I'd ever consider covering up)
2. 2 thin black bands around my right arm right above the elbow. They don't mean anything but i like their simplicity.
3. dog tags around my neck with my actual dog tag information so i can always be buried with my dog tags regardless of the situation.
4. a sun on my back in between my shoulder blades
5. My last name "David" in script down my right side from armpit to waist
6 and 7. My first and last intial framed inside shields behind each of my ankles. Plain now but will eventually add shading and color

I am getting soon

8 and 9. The Maryland and California state flags on my stomach flanking my bellybutton to detail the two most important places in my life.
10. The Arabic words for "Family Comes First" on my stomach right below the rib cage
11. My sons footprints with his full name and birthdate circling around them on the back of my right shoulder

Way chill. My friend is having Olliver do a Cali flag going up his calf, with a grizzly bear tearing through it, or something of the sort.

kwilk103
07-12-2008, 10:51 PM
eh, not big into tatoos (low pain tolerance)

but if i were to ever get one, i would get the "Flying WV" with Montani Semper Liberi around it (state motto--Mountaineers Are Always Free)

Byrd430
07-12-2008, 10:57 PM
Sorry to take away from your thread stoner, but I wanna get a tattoo too except I know what I want...

It's a heart, unbroken, but it was a single line lightning strike through it. So basically, it symbolizes a broken heart that's still together... In a sense, it means to me that my heart will forever be broken, never healed, but I carry that same heart with me wherever I go... confidence out of pain in a way.

But forget that, if it sounds too confusing to you...

My real question is where should I get this tatoo? I need it in a place that is covered by clothing because I am in college and intend on being a businessman.

yourfavestoner
07-12-2008, 11:01 PM
Sorry to take away from your thread stoner, but I wanna get a tattoo too except I know what I want...

It's a heart, unbroken, but it was a single line lightning strike through it. So basically, it symbolizes a broken heart that's still together... In a sense, it means to me that my heart will forever be broken, never healed, but I carry that same heart with me wherever I go... confidence out of pain in a way.

My real question is where should I get this tatoo? I need it in a place that is covered by clothing because I am in college and intend on being a businessman.

Good idea. Get the tat on your chest over your heart.

Byrd430
07-12-2008, 11:04 PM
Good idea. Get the tat on your chest over your heart.

That makes a hell of a lot of sense! Thanks.

keylime_5
07-12-2008, 11:08 PM
I don't like tattoos, they make you look trashy and when you get old they look terrible on your wrinkly skin. There are positives, and I do like to look at some cool ones, notably Kellen Winslow Jr.'s right arm, have you guys seen that it is wicked.

Byrd430
07-12-2008, 11:20 PM
I don't like tattoos, they make you look trashy and when you get old they look terrible on your wrinkly skin. There are positives, and I do like to look at some cool ones, notably Kellen Winslow Jr.'s right arm, have you guys seen that it is wicked.

I figure I'll die before I get that old... so tats are a plus to me!

And I think a couple of tats are okay, but it's when you start getting too many that it starts to get trashy, no offense to anybody.

yourfavestoner
07-12-2008, 11:29 PM

When (if) I get old, I'm gonna look like **** anyways, so what is a little body ink gonna hurt? That's my philosophy anyways...

BlindSite
07-13-2008, 01:22 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/BlindSite/tttt.jpg

I'm getting the same with a southern cross on my left arm soon, then I'm getting both arms quarter sleeved.

kwilk103
07-13-2008, 01:34 AM
what is it?

BlindSite
07-13-2008, 01:40 AM
Its a gas mask with an omkar in the center piece. In all its uses it is/was used to symbolize one of two things.
1. The beginning and end of a story or message
2. The stages of existence, your concious, sub concious and your dream state

The mask represents war or rather, in my case conflict. Within my life I haven't ever gotten anywhere or anything without having to fight tooth and nail for it. I'm a big believer that conflict makes us better people and forces us to become better in all areas of my life.

Rather than a spartan war helmet or something which was a similar symbol in history I figured go with something more contemporary.

The southern cross on the one I want on my other arm is a representation of my country and my way of life, in that I believe it to be worth fighting for.

Burns336
07-13-2008, 02:44 AM
if it wasn't so damn visible, you could give the Boondock Saints' tattoos a go.

My roommate did this...

Bad idea. Especially when you watch the movie high and realize how *** it actually is...

Everyone always makes fun of him for the Boondock saints tats...

Burns336
07-13-2008, 02:48 AM

If this is symbolizing getting dumped I would rethink it. I "loved" this girl too and drowned in my sorrows when I was like 18 and we had just broken up.

Now I'm 22, new girlfriend for the past year, never think of the old one.

Just something to think over. Remember these are semi forever.

Although there is a new ink you can get that is much easier to remove than through Laser surgery. Not sure who uses it but I read about it in a mag.

M.O.T.H.
07-13-2008, 03:35 AM
Some more advise...dont give in to being young and stupid. No girlfriend names, no broken hearts after you break up with your 17 year old girl friend...etc. There are sooooo many people that rush into getting stupid ink when they are young, just be smart and try to think a good 10, 20, 30 years down the line here.

yourfavestoner
07-13-2008, 03:43 AM
Some more advise...dont give in to being young and stupid. No girlfriend names, no broken hearts after you break up with your 17 year old girl friend...etc. There are sooooo many people that rush into getting stupid ink when they are young, just be smart and try to think a good 10, 20, 30 years down the line here.

You should just never get a tattoo having to do with somebody you've been with, period. Family is okay, but girlfriends, wives, flings...none of that is okay, because chances are you will end up hating that person anyways. And you'll hate them even more because you'll have been branded by them.

Big time no no.

As a matter of fact, guys, you should have one serious relationship in high school so you can learn how crazy and stupid girls are, and then no more serious relationships until at least twenty five. You're barely gonna be able to take care of yourselves, let alone try to make somebody else happy as well.
[/rant]

iworshipbender
07-13-2008, 04:01 AM
You should just never get a tattoo having to do with somebody you've been with, period. Family is okay, but girlfriends, wives, flings...none of that is okay, because chances are you will end up hating that person anyways. And you'll hate them even more because you'll have been branded by them.

Big time no no.

As a matter of fact, guys, you should have one serious relationship in high school so you can learn how crazy and stupid girls are, and then no more serious relationships until at least twenty five. You're barely gonna be able to take care of yourselves, let alone try to make somebody else happy as well.
[/rant]

Someone here listens to Tom Leykis :)

yourfavestoner
07-13-2008, 04:06 AM
Someone here listens to Tom Leykis :)

Have been since high school. ;)

Even if I didn't listen to him, though, I honestly think I'd come to this conclusion. I really, really can't stand most girls. They all have brain damage, I swear. They're completely incapable of reason and think strictly on an emotional level. It's ******* ********.

iworshipbender
07-13-2008, 04:17 AM
Have been since high school. ;)

Even if I didn't listen to him, though, I honestly think I'd come to this conclusion. I really, really can't stand most girls. They all have brain damage, I swear. They're completely incapable of reason and think strictly on an emotional level. It's ******* ********.

Tom's the greatest. It's a shame I can only listen to him on the internet, or through a crappy signal from Porkland. Also, I honestly can't listen to a woman talk because there is little to no substance in most of what they're saying.

And about tattoos, I think you should only get something that means something to you on a deep level, and can be hidden easily from those you don't want show it to.

Hines
07-13-2008, 05:13 PM
My first tattoo is going to be a cross on my right arm. I havent decided if I am going to have praying hands that says "Please Save Me Lord" on all four sides, but its going to be a cross regardless. My second one is going to be "Mammas Boy" on my left forearm. My third one is going to be my last name on my back, maybe. Then when I get older and I get a son, Im going to put his name on my neck. I might get more, but as of now, those are going to be my four, maybe get the Steelers logo, or get a scorpion on my leg as I am a Scorpio.

Twiddler
07-13-2008, 05:46 PM
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1365/p1011029ub7.jpg

Closer up...

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8504/centerjg9.jpg

Its the autism awareness ribbon without any of the color in the puzzle pieces and without "Autism" on the front flap and instead below the ribbon. I really like it but I'm pretty sure this is the only one that I'm going to be getting in my life. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Its kind of a great conversation starter. In fact, last night I dislocated my right shoulder (again) and the nurse who helped put it back in has an autistic son so we had a good conversation (even though I was pretty buzzed from the morphine. Anyways, have it mean a lot to you and spend the extra money on the nice tattoo parlor. It makes a huge difference.

farfromforgotten
07-13-2008, 07:23 PM
When (if) I get old, I'm gonna look like **** anyways, so what is a little body ink gonna hurt? That's my philosophy anyways...

Yeah. My parents and some other people are like, dont you think that is gonna look horrible when you get old and wrinkled?

I reply with, I'm gonna look like an old wrinkled **** anyways, who cares if I look like an old wrinkled **** with tattoos?

I also say that a high percentage of people my age have tattoos as well, so its not like I'm going to be viewed as being weird for being an old person with tattoos. I bet people you cant ever imagine having a tattoo have one somewhere on their body or will eventually get one. People arent viewed as being outsiders anymore when it comes to tattoos, its popular with people in all walks of life nowadays.

farfromforgotten
07-13-2008, 07:25 PM
Its the autism awareness ribbon without any of the color in the puzzle pieces and without "Autism" on the front flap and instead below the ribbon. I really like it but I'm pretty sure this is the only one that I'm going to be getting in my life. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Its kind of a great conversation starter. In fact, last night I dislocated my right shoulder (again) and the nurse who helped put it back in has an autistic son so we had a good conversation (even though I was pretty buzzed from the morphine. Anyways, have it mean a lot to you and spend the extra money on the nice tattoo parlor. It makes a huge difference.

Does someone in your family have autism, Twiddler?

Brent
07-13-2008, 07:35 PM
The Marine Corps
are you going to get "USMC" on your arm? my uncle was recon and he got that and apparently that was pretty common when he was in the service.

Twiddler
07-13-2008, 10:34 PM
Does someone in your family have autism, Twiddler?

My little brother has autism.

tEk
07-13-2008, 10:46 PM
My little brother has autism.you ever plan on coloring in the pieces. maybe like a mosaic or just random colors?

Twiddler
07-13-2008, 10:53 PM
you ever plan on coloring in the pieces. maybe like a mosaic or just random colors?

I'm not a big fan of colored tattoos really. I'm almost certain that I'll stick with how it is.

SuperKevin
07-14-2008, 04:14 AM
are you going to get "USMC" on your arm? my uncle was recon and he got that and apparently that was pretty common when he was in the service.

No. I'm proud of what I do but I don't feel the need for the "Moto" USMC tattoo

Modano
07-14-2008, 04:59 AM
[/rant]

I totally agree with you. A friend of mine ruined his life because of a friggin girlfriend he had when he was 18. We have been friends since we were 4 or 5, he found a girl when he was 18 and they stayed together for 3 years then she left him. It was 2 years ago, he couldn't accept it and still can't. He left college and started an horrible work, started to get drunk 3 times a week just to forget her (nothing wrong in getting drunk, but if you wanna drink do it to have funny, not to forget something/someone) and began to hang out with "new" people. Now I barely see him anymore.

Btw, MOTH is dead right. Having a tatoo with the name of your girlfriend/boyfriend or something related to this kind of relationship is stupid. Nothing is gonna last forever when you're 20. It's not a bad thing to have a girlfriend and bang her regularly but why the need to ink her name on your arm? Are you gonna cut your arm when you/she leave/s her/you or when you're moving somewhere else or when both of you realize that you're not the same persons anymore and that you should part ways?
I hate when someone at the age of 18-20 (or even 16) says that he has found the true love of his life, that he's gonna stick with her forever etc. Life changes so fast when you're that young.

Anyway, this is mine

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/6246/tatoo2wv9.jpg

D-Boy
07-14-2008, 09:49 AM
I can't get a tattoo because of my work.

That said, I think that people need to think carefully before getting inked. Most tattoos to me seem poorly thought out and the type of thing you would regret later on. Some are awesome, but a huge percentage of them are terrible, at least in my opinion.

SuperKevin
07-14-2008, 09:52 AM
I can't get a tattoo because of my work.

That said, I think that people need to think carefully before getting inked. Most tattoos to me seem poorly thought out and the type of thing you would regret later on. Some are awesome, but a huge percentage of them are terrible, at least in my opinion.

I generally put very little thought into my tattoos and most have been spur of the moment decisions. It doesn't bother me because ultimately it comes down to being my body and I could care less if other people don't like them. That's why my two half inch black bands around my arm is my favorite tattoo. Cost me 50 bucks

D-Boy
07-14-2008, 09:55 AM
I generally put very little thought into my tattoos and most have been spur of the moment decisions. It doesn't bother me because ultimately it comes down to being my body and I could care less if other people don't like them. That's why my two half inch black bands around my arm is my favorite tattoo. Cost me 50 bucks

As long as you're happy with it, that's cool. I'm just saying that a lot of tattoos are terrible from my perspective.

StrongSide97
07-14-2008, 11:16 AM
I want a Panda on my arm...

Thats freakin sweet...

I don't have any, but I've gone back and forth on getting them. If I do, I want to get one that symbolizes my grandfather, then I'll think about getting another one.

Rob S
07-14-2008, 12:29 PM
I am really thinking of getting one soon. I have been in the process of getting in shape for a while now and I think once I hit a certain goal I am going to reward myself with one. Not sure what the goal is, but it sounds like a plan anyway.

dpl85
07-16-2008, 07:24 AM
Does anyone know of a good reputable tattoo place in the Dallas area? I have a very specific idea of what I want but I can't draw at all, should I have someone sketch/draw it first before going to the tattoo place?

terribletowel39
07-16-2008, 09:51 AM
Does anyone know of a good reputable tattoo place in the Dallas area? I have a very specific idea of what I want but I can't draw at all, should I have someone sketch/draw it first before going to the tattoo place?
Oh sweet jesus, you know how many tattoo shops there are in the DFW area?? It really depends on what you are looking for to get done. Because specific artist have specific specialties. What are you looking to get done?? Then, I should be able to point you in the right direction.

farfromforgotten
07-16-2008, 10:06 AM
I have a very specific idea of what I want but I can't draw at all, should I have someone sketch/draw it first before going to the tattoo place?

You should be able to find a talented enough tattoo artist that after talking to them for awhile and discussing your ideas, they should should be able to draw it up for you and have you come back and look at it and decide if it is exactly what you want or if there is anything about it you would want to change. Most people will have you put a deposit down, so they arent wasting their time drawing something for you and you end up not getting a tattoo by them, that they will then use to be part of the payment for the tattoo. Any good artist wont mind if you still want them to make changes to their drawing, they should make sure it is EXACTLY what you want before you agree to let them put it on your body.

Ravens1991
07-20-2008, 01:52 AM
Anybody have a tattoo w/ asian letters? I am thinking about getting never give up on the front of my shin going vertical

http://www.orientaloutpost.com/c/kp4/27704.gif
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/c/kp4/19981.gif
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/c/kp4/25918.gif
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/c/kp4/26820.gif

I think it would look cool and it reminds me to just never give up on your dreams.

Brent
07-20-2008, 09:31 AM
Anybody have a tattoo w/ asian letters? I am thinking about getting never give up on the front of my shin going vertical

I think it would look cool and it reminds me to just never give up on your dreams.
if you don't know the language why would you get it?

Ravens1991
07-20-2008, 10:23 AM
I know it chinese, I was just wondering.

MetSox17
07-20-2008, 10:35 AM
For a long time i've been wanting to get one, but i've never been able to come up with the right idea. I have the concept down.. Something that incorporates my heritage and family, but i have no clue as to what to get. I'd like to get something like a golden eagle, spread, with a snake in its mouth, just towering over a globe, or something that would represent each member of my family. It would obviously be a pretty big drawing, so i'd like to get it on my back, between my shoulders, down. It would cost a pretty penny, but for something like that, i would have absolutely no problem paying a bunch.

A friend of mine recently went on a trip to Memphis and over there he got a pretty sweet tattoo. It's a skull with a dagger through it, and it has like flowers and designs in the back. All with blue-ish colors. It's pretty damn cool. He said it cost him 300 bucks though. It aint even that big. =/ lol

ImBrotherCain
07-20-2008, 10:41 AM
Ive got 3 and i plan on stopping at 5.
My First
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r208/ImBrotherCain/Tattoo.jpg

My Next
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r208/ImBrotherCain/l_9a57544db78a055c9384c2e5dc7c71ba.jpg

wingboy2999
07-20-2008, 11:07 AM

http://www.orientaloutpost.com/c/kp4/27704.gif
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/c/kp4/19981.gif
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/c/kp4/25918.gif
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/c/kp4/26820.gif

No offense.... but that's pretty cliche. I wouldn't recommend doing that.

But then again... who cares? Go for it.

ATLDirtyBirds
07-20-2008, 11:36 AM
I've thought about possibly putting some ink on. Probably wont, but it's cool to think about.

ShutDwn
07-20-2008, 11:44 AM

I would just say that you should never get your name done in Chinese or Japanese Kanji. Each symbol is basically an entire word, not a letter.

I would never trust a tattoo artist for a translation, or the internet really.

Ravens1991
07-20-2008, 11:46 AM

yea I was thinking that, but I think it would look cool. I was also thinking of getting never quit in Galeic(irish) over my family crest.

Brent
07-20-2008, 11:49 AM
honestly, if I didnt know (fluent) the language, I wouldnt get it.

Twiddler
07-20-2008, 12:19 PM

It really is your own choice and you can get what you want but this one would definitely be cliche. Throw in a barbwire band around the bicep for bonus cliche points.

themaninblack
07-20-2008, 03:53 PM
Gaelic would be cool to get if you are Irish. I'm thinking about getting something on my arm written in Gaelic.

alca1992
07-21-2008, 06:14 PM
im highly considering getting one. it would say R.I.P. Betty Jean. which was my grandmas name who reccently passed away. im 16 so i wouldnt get it right now but probaly in 2 or 3 years

Rob S
07-21-2008, 06:15 PM
Gaelic would be cool to get if you are Irish. I'm thinking about getting something on my arm written in Gaelic.

my friend has a lot of gaelic tats.

SuperKevin
08-29-2008, 12:02 AM
http://a203.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/53/l_86c182ef131fd99466ae71c083aa0d6a.jpg

My newest tattoo that I got today

j05son
08-29-2008, 12:20 AM
http://a203.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/53/l_86c182ef131fd99466ae71c083aa0d6a.jpg

My newest tattoo that I got today

That looks pretty BA.

Out of the ones you've shown [that I remember] I thought "DAVID" going down your side looked the sweetest. Ever since I saw that tat, I've really thought about getting something there.

I'm in a military family [parents were Marines, Grandpa's both server in the Army, one with a purple heart] so your dog tags is also pretty sweet.

CashmoneyDrew
08-29-2008, 12:37 AM
Ugghhhh... I can't stand 95% of tattoos I see. Ones that really irk me are Tribal bands, barb wire, asian letters, completely meaningless/unoriginal tattoos, Religious tattoos (for the straight up hypocrisy), Team logo tattoos, girlfriend/boyfriend tattoos, and the persons own name/initials. Probably many more but those are the majority.

Bruce Banner
09-06-2008, 02:41 AM
http://www.theautumnwind.com/uploads/1143312540/med_gallery_1_2_4137.jpg
Wow.
http://blog.wired.com/photos/uncategorized/piboychik.png
wow
sometimes its inexplicable.

BRAVEHEART
09-06-2008, 03:38 AM
I wanna get the insides of my fingers tatted, and if I found a job that would be cool with it...I'd want my whole neck tatted (throat included).

But It'd take me a long time to find a design I'd be satisfied with. I'm pretty picky and want my **** to be pretty original.

Bruce Banner
09-06-2008, 03:40 AM
I wanna get the insides of my fingers tatted, and if I found a job that would be cool with it...I'd want my whole neck tatted (throat included).

But It'd take me a long time to find a design I'd be satisfied with. I'm pretty picky and want my **** to be pretty original.

what would be on the insides of your fingers?

This isn't racist but tats look so much cooler on black people, look at the NBA!

KCJ58
09-06-2008, 03:50 AM
Wow.
http://blog.wired.com/photos/uncategorized/piboychik.png
wow
sometimes its inexplicable.

you just live to have stuff on your arms, can't say I blame you

BRAVEHEART
09-06-2008, 03:52 AM
what would be on the insides of your fingers?

This isn't racist but tats look so much cooler on black people, look at the NBA!

Well, first they'd have to cut open....j/k. I'm pretty sure you know what i mean by insides.

Bruce Banner
09-06-2008, 04:40 AM
Well, first they'd have to cut open....j/k. I'm pretty sure you know what i mean by insides.

No no, I understood, I just want to know what it would be or what it would say.

MetSox17
09-06-2008, 10:55 AM
I've been wanting one for so long but i've never had the balls to actually go get one. Scared they'll screw up or i'll regret it later. :/

Twiddler
09-06-2008, 11:23 AM
I've been wanting one for so long but i've never had the balls to actually go get one. Scared they'll screw up or i'll regret it later. :/

I had that fear too. That's why I went out of my way to go to the best tattoo shop in the area. I also put the tattoo on my right shoulder blade, which can easily be covered up by a shirt, in case it would have went horribly wrong. Not like I want to cover it up though.

MetSox17
09-06-2008, 11:25 AM
I had that fear too. That's why I went out of my way to go to the best tattoo shop in the area. I also put the tattoo on my right shoulder blade, which can easily be covered up by a shirt, in case it would have went horribly wrong. Not like I want to cover it up though.

Yeah, somewhere in my back is where i'd imagine i would get one. MAAYBE my bicep area but it would be tricky. If i ever get something i'd go all out though. It would have to be pretty big

The_Dude
09-06-2008, 01:39 PM
Its all about research.

Go in and check out the tattoo shops in your area. Talk with the artists. Look at their work.

I went to about 5 shops in the Minneapolis area before i found one that matched my attitude and ideas of good/cool tattoos. I found one where i totally got along with the artists and was comfortable with what we were going to do. In the end it paid off because i got a wicked tattoo & they gave me an excellent discount. I've been back several times.

Research what you want your tattoo to be. Think about it a while and make sure it is something that you want to see forever.

I debated what i wanted for each tattoo (i have had 5 done, but now its 4 b/c one is covered up by a larger one) and thought it out. I have no regrets about any of them and i am happy that i got each one.

I've seen plenty of s****y tattoos that were spur of the moment things that those people probably (hopefully) regret.

BRAVEHEART
09-06-2008, 01:44 PM
No no, I understood, I just want to know what it would be or what it would say.

I could put names on the fingers, or words that form a short sentence.

Bruce Banner
09-06-2008, 07:43 PM
I could put names on the fingers, or words that form a short sentence.

Well, post pics if you get it done.