PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Draft Eligible Players by Position

SuperKevin
07-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Who are your favorite draft eligble players at each position?

QB- Rusty Smith Jr Florida Atlantic
I'm a sucker for small school players, especially quarterbacks as I tend to feel they are better suited for pro football due to not being propped up by surrounding talent. I said in the Rusty Smith thread that I feel he is essentially the same player as Oklahoma's Sam Bradford but without the BCS pedigree. Besides, if the legend that is Howard Schnellenberger says he's the real deal then I tend to think he is too.

RB- Damion Fletcher Jr Southern Mississippi
He's a tad small at 5'10" 180 lbs but Fletcher runs MUCH MUCH bigger than that. Very few players in all of football run with the power Fletcher does. If he was 20 lbs heavier and played at LSU he'd be hyped as a top 5 pick. The kid has talent. Don't be shocked if he declares this year to take advantage of a weak senior class.

WR- Darius Heyward-Bey Jr Maryland
I'm a huge Michael Crabtree fan and have been since he tore up the scout team at Texas Tech as a redshirt but I feel Heyward-Bey is a more explosive player with more potential at the pro level. He has Randy Moss size/speed and has the potential to be a GREAT WR in the pros.

TE- Jermaine Gresham Jr Oklahoma
Solid all-around TE who seems to do everything well. I'm hoping he's Buffalo's 2nd round pick next year but I'm doubting he lasts that long come draft day.

OL- Andrew Gardner Sr Georgia Tech
4 year starter at LT for Georgia Tech and a consistent All ACC performer. Should only get better playing for Paul Johnson as he fine tunes his run blocking skills. Should be 2009's top ZBS OT prospect in my eyes

DE- Greg Hardy Sr Ole Miss
FREAK. Put up great numbers in the SEC and also played some WR at 250 lbs for Ole Miss.

DT- Vince Oghobasse Jr Duke
Amazing player who could start at ANY program in America but chose to get a great education at Duke. I admire that.

LB- Rey Mauluaga Sr USC
The total package at LB.

CB- Alphonso Smith Sr Wake Forest
Great cover corner who is underrated in my opinion.

S- Michael Hamlin Sr Clemson
I don't know why but I really like Hamlin as a pro prospect. he might not be the biggest or the fastest guy but he's a guy I think will be a longtime starter in the NFL.

TACKLE
07-12-2008, 01:34 PM
QB - Jake Locker
I've loved this guy since he came out of HS. I got to see him live and he ripped it up. The guy goes all out and puts himself on the line and he carries his team on his back.

RB - Beanie Wells
An absolute man-child. Beanie is a beast who can run over and by you.

WR - Michael Crabtree
His stats were absolutely ridiculous and it was his first season playing WR. He's got the size, speed, hands, and ability to get YAC. I just really enjoy watching this guy play.

TE - Cornelius Ingram - Not really a complete TE but is an athletic speciment. An explosive athlete who has potential to be one of the top reicieving threats at TE in the nation. Should score a lot of TD's this season.

OL - Michael Oher
I was a huge fan of his ever since I read The Blind Side. An amazing prospect with amazing ability. Really impressived me when I watched him dominate LSU D-Lineman. Plays with hig-motor on the O-Line which is something you rarely see. Has so much potential its scary.

DE - Michael Johnson
I know he wasn't even a starter last year but when he did get his chances, Wow! At 6'7 he is such an exceptional athlete and has rare pass-rushing ability. Has potential to be an elite pass-rusher in the NFL.

DT - Vince Oghobasse
At 6'6 310, VO is very athletic. For a man his size, he is an excellent penetrator. As a sophomore he had 12.5 tfl and 4.5 sacks. Really impressive for a NT. Imo, the top DT prospect in the '09 draft. If he went to a bigger program, he would definitely be viewed as a top prospect.

LB - Rey Maualuga
An absolute beast. Hardest hitting LB I've ever seen.

CB - Malcolm Jenkins
I like how he plays. He is a complete CB. Jenkins can run, cover, hit and tackle. Rarely gets thrown at and makes the QB pay when he does.

S - Taylor Mays
One of the most highly critized players in the draft is also the most talented. Mays has arguably the most physical ability of any safety ever. His production droped-off a bit in '07 but people weren't throwing in his direction. He's capable of making the huge hit. I think he'll dominate in '08.

draftguru151
07-12-2008, 01:48 PM
QB- Matthew Stafford- Has been my favorite guy for a while, can't wait to see how he does this year.

RB- James Davis- Always overlooked for Spiller even though he was a much better player last year. Absolutely love the way he plays.

WR- Michael Crabtree/Hakeem Nicks- Crabtree is a stud and a half, but I had to mention Nicks as well. Played extremely well last year for North Carolina, really flying under the radar atm.

TE- Jared Cook- Don't really have any big time favorites here but Cook is an intriguing guy with good size and crazy athleticism.

OT- Eugene Monroe- From what I saw last year he looks like the best senior tackle in the country (yes better than Oher, who I think is a tad overrated). Love his pass protection.

OG- Mitch Petrus- Very good athlete and good a pulling. Definitely helped Run DMC and Felix.

C- Alex Mack- One of my top 5 players in the country and my favorite OL. Absolute stud at center for Cal.

DE- George Selvie/Everette Brown/Antonio Coleman- Selvie and Brown are really similar players, both look like studs. Just wanna mention Coleman because I really think he should be getting just as much attention if not more than Sen'Derrick Marks.

DT- Peria Jerry- Disruptive force inside for Ole Miss, great motor.

OLB- Clint Sintim- I've definitely got a thing for UVA players, Sintim is a great pass rusher and has great quickness off the snap but also has the ability to be a good OLB in most systems.

MLB- Brandon Spikes- Still has work to do but is definitely going to be a stud. Not draft eligible but if he was this would definitely be Rolando McClain's spot.

CB- The Captain Munnerlyn/DJ Moore- Munnerlyn was fantastic last year and Moore looks like the next Vandy stud.

S- Nic Harris- Huge safety with crazy potential.

holt_bruce81
07-12-2008, 07:19 PM
QB- Chase Daniel- Missouri
RB- DeMarco Murray- Oklahoma
FB- Brannan Southerland- Georgia
WR- Jeremy Maclin- Missouri
TE- Chase Coffman- Missouri
OT- Phil Loadholt- Oklahoma
C- Ryan Mcdonald- Illinois
OG- Cedric Dockery- Texas
DE- George Selvie/Michael Johnson/Stryker Sulak
DT- Ziggy Hood- Missouri
OLB- Sean Weatherspoon/Marcus Freeman
MLB- Brandon Spikes- Florida
CB- Vontae Davis- Illinois
FS- William Moore- Missouri
SS- Nic Harris- Oklahoma

eaglesfan_45
07-12-2008, 07:44 PM
QB- Chase Holbrook New Mexico St.
RB- Javon Ringer Michigan St.
FB- Jovorskie Lane Texas A&M
WR- Aaron Kelly Clemson
TE- Chase Coffman Missouri
OT- Eugene Monroe Virginia
OG- Jeremy Perry Oregon St.
C- Alex Mack California

DE- Brian Orakpo Texas
DT- Vance Walker Georgia Tech
OLB- Clint Sintim Virginia
MLB- Worell Williams California
CB- Vontae Davis Illinois
FS- William Moore Missouri
SS- Courtney Greene Rutgers

Im_a_Romosexual
07-12-2008, 08:17 PM
QB- Nate Davis- Ball State
RB- Beanie Wells- Ohio State
WR- Dante Love- Ball State
TE- Travis Beckum- Wisconsin
OT- Andre Smith- Alabama
OG- Duke Robinson- Oklahoma

DE- Brian Orakpo- Texas
DT- Terrence Taylor- Michigan
MLB- Rey Maualuga- USC
OLB- Sergio Kindle- Texas
CB- Vontae Davis- Illinois
S- Derek Pegues- Mississippi State

might add explanations later

Solomon
07-13-2008, 10:40 AM
QB Chase Daniel - there's just something about short QBs succeeding that I love.

RB -

WR - Percy Harvin, I love watching this playmaker.

OT -

OG - Jeremy Perry, this is one of the best years ever for interior lineman. Perry doesn't get much attention but he's a mauler and a guy who goes hard right until the end of the whistle.

C - Alex Mack, so athletic and technically sound.

DE - Jamaal Westerman, Canadian should contend for all-conference honours.

DT - Geno Atkins, his energy, motor and enthusiasm are outstanding.

ILB -Jason Philips, the epitome of toughness. Hard nosed LB who doesn't have the athleticism to be a high draft pick but the kind of guy who will find a way to get playing time on the field once he shows what he can do.

OLB - Eric Norwood, dynamite pass rusher and almost perfect fit at OLB for a 3-4 team.

CB -Macho Harris, I think he was a little overshadowed by Flowers last year. This is his chance to emerge as a big time prospect.

S - Derek Pegues, might be a CB at the next level, great feel for the game and instincts.

BamaFalcon59
07-13-2008, 11:12 AM
QB- Pat White
RB- LeSean McCoy
WR- Darrius Heyward Bay
OT- Michael Oher
OG- Sergio Render
C- IDK
TE- Greg Boone/ Sam Wheeler
DE- Jason 'All' Worilds
DT- IDK
OLB- Cam Martin
MLB- IDK
CB- Macho Harris
S- Kam Chancellor

Geo
07-13-2008, 12:21 PM
OT- Eugene Monroe- From what I saw last year he looks like the best senior tackle in the country (yes better than Oher, who I think is a tad overrated). Love his pass protection.
Spot on. I've read that Blesto and National both have him ranked #1 among senior tackles, going into this season.

DT- Peria Jerry- Disruptive force inside for Ole Miss, great motor.
I'm keeping an eye on DTs, good to know he gets a vote of confidence from you, dg. Also intrigued by Alex Magee at Purdue.

StrongSide97
07-13-2008, 03:56 PM
QB-Tim Tebow Florida*- I just think it will be interesting to see what happens to him if he does decide to declare after this year. I doubt he will but if he does, what happens next?

RB-Beanie Wells Ohio State*- Besides Moreno, I really don't think there is a RB that is more exciting than Wells.

WR-Derrick Williams Penn State- If he has a great year, he could jump up to at least the first round. He definitely has the talent to do so.

TE-Ed Dickson Oregon*- Dickson is the classic H-Back prospect that is slowly becoming a trend in the NFL.

OT-Andre Smith Alabama*- I've been infatuated with Andre Smith since he was a high school prospect. An absolute beast that gets the job done consistently.

OG-Brandon Walker Oklahoma- I tend to favor the smaller offensive lineman.

C-Alex Mack California- Been the best center in football for the past couple of seasons and probably will be this year as well.

DE-Tyson Jackson Louisiana State- Whats not to like about him? Freak size and talent. If he could just take advantage of it...

DT-Vance Walker Georgia Tech- If he has a stellar season, I think he could jump to the top. Just a bit undersized, but he makes up for it with his pass rushing abilities.

OLB- Brian Cushing Southern California- His versatility alone makes him my favorite prospect at OLB.

ILB- Jasper Brinkley South Carolina- The way he bounces back from his injury last year will be one of the more interesting stories of the year.

CB- Victor Harris Va Tech- I like corners that are better in zone than they are in man coverage

S- Myron Rolle Florida State*- Wither or not he actually uses his talent this year is another story to watch this season.

princefielder28
07-13-2008, 04:04 PM
QB : Chase Holbrook
RB : James Davis
WR : Jaison Williams
TE : Travis Beckum
OL : Alex Mack
DL : Vince Oghobasse
LB : Rey Maualuga
DB : William Moore

YAYareaRB
07-13-2008, 06:04 PM
QB - Dan LeFevour, Central Michigan
Has everything you ask for in a QB but maybe lacking the "it" factor that makes good QBs great. Second person in College Football history to throw for 3000 yards and rush for 1000... Last person to do that? Some guy named Vince from Texas. If Dan can show us the "it" factor this season, he'll shoot up draft boards no doubt.

HB - Keiland Williams, LSU
Perfect back in terms of size, strength, and speed.. speed.. speed. Very quick, but could work on his vision a bit. When he sees a hole, he's quick to burst through it. This year he'll be getting the majority of the load in the backfield and he's poised to show you what has been hiding in the bayou.

HB - Luke Lippencott, U of Nevada
Excellent size and strength with a little bit a speed to show you why he's one of my fave running backs coming into the season. Only guy to challenge Ian Johnson for the title of best back in the WAC. Real workhorse type of back that is capable of taking 25 carries a game in stride. Won't beat you with his elusiveness but he is deceptively quick. Strong runner.

WR - Aaron Kelly, Clemson
Have you checked the size on this kid? 6'5" 190 lbs. Produces big time even having to share the ball with TWO.. not one.. but two star runningbacks. Shows up on the big stage. Had his best game last year against a very good Virginia Tech defense, a game I watched. He definitely the real deal and will continue to grow this upcoming season.

OL - Herman Johnson, LSU
Big enough to play tackle, quick enough to play guard. This guy is just HUGE! He looks HUGH and plays HUGE. Going up against him is like trying to beat Shao Kahn on expert difficulty level, damn near impossible to beat. Nasty player but absolutely class act of the field. Smart kid. Definite first rounder right here.

DL - George Selvie, USF
Most athletic DE I've seen in a while. Could play end in the 4-3 and OLB in 3-4. Has a great motor and really gets after it. Produces in the backfield. Puts up round 1 numbers on the playing field and testing field. He should go first round.

LB - Rey Maualuga, USC
Like someone said before, he's the total package. Always around the ball and roaming the field. Hardest hitter in the nation! Good size for a LB in any scheme. Isn't given enough credit for his athleticism. Plays with the nastiest demeanor in the land. Watching him play just makes me angry. He'll be the leader of one of the best defenses in country next season and he'll show there's substance to his hype.. James Who?

DB - Courtney Greene, Rutgers
Hardest hitter in the Big East. Terrific size for a safety. Great athleticism and motor. He really lays his hat down on anyone with the ball. The 2008 Thorpe award has his name written all over it. Almost plays like a extra linebacker back there and is very productive. I'm looking to him to have his best season yet.. which will be hard since he's been so consecutive since he was a freshmen.

K - Louie Sakoda, Utah
Kicker doubles as punter and is great at both.

Cigaro
07-13-2008, 06:29 PM
WR - Aaron Kelly, Clemson
Have you checked the size on this kid? 6'5" 190 lbs. Produces big time even having to share the ball with TWO.. not one.. but two star runningbacks. Shows up on the big stage. Had his best game last year against a very good Virginia Tech defense, a game I watched. He definitely the real deal and will continue to grow this upcoming season.

http://oncollegefootball.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/kelly_drop.jpg

For mine(seniors only):

QB: Chase Daniel- An amazing collegiate quarterback, I want to see how he adapts to the NFL with his small size and the fact he'll leave the offense he's played in since high school.

RB: Marlon Lucky- Very good runner, top receiving back for this draft class. Should surprise a few this year and years to come in the NFL.

WR: Kenny McKinley- Has excellent hands and route running ability, along with good athleticism. I believe he and Sidney Rice will break the trend of Spurrier receivers bombing out of the NFL.

OL: Herman Johnson- I love aggressive, physically dominant offensive lineman.

DL: George Hypolite- A little short, but an amazing under tackle, and even a better person.

LB: Jasper Brinkley- A monster in the middle, is the prototypical 3-4 inside linebacker.

DB: Alphonso Smith- An underrated ball hawk who knows what to do after the nab(took 3 of eight interceptions to the house).

YAYareaRB
07-13-2008, 07:38 PM
http://oncollegefootball.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/kelly_drop.jpg

For mine(seniors only):

QB: Chase Daniel- An amazing collegiate quarterback, I want to see how he adapts to the NFL with his small size and the fact he'll leave the offense he's played in since high school.

RB: Marlon Lucky- Very good runner, top receiving back for this draft class. Should surprise a few this year and years to come in the NFL.

WR: Kenny McKinley- Has excellent hands and route running ability, along with good athleticism. I believe he and Sidney Rice will break the trend of Spurrier receivers bombing out of the NFL.

OL: Herman Johnson- I love aggressive, physically dominant offensive lineman.

DL: George Hypolite- A little short, but an amazing under tackle, and even a better person.

LB: Jasper Brinkley- A monster in the middle, is the prototypical 3-4 inside linebacker.

DB: Alphonso Smith- An underrated ball hawk who knows what to do after the nab(took 3 of eight interceptions to the house).

Hey we could nit pick at every person in this thread.

But as for George Hypolite, I've seen him dunk on a ten foot rim. My uncle was an athletic director at CU and played regularly with some of the coaches. Hypolite asked if he could play but they said no. He then took the ball took two steps to the rim and dunked. My jaw hit the floor.

BaLLiN
07-13-2008, 08:21 PM
I too really like Alphonso smith, i doubt he could be a great starter on the outside, but for sure, he can play NB and be a great ballhawk.

Brent
07-13-2008, 10:01 PM
All are eligible but I dont think they'll all declare:

QB - Tom Brandstater, Fresno State
RB - DeMarco Murray, OU
WR - Jarett Dillard, Rice
TE - Brandon Pettigrew, OK State
OL - Phil Loadholt, OU
DL - Brian Orakpo, UT
LB - Rey Maualuga, USC
DB - Vontae Davis, Illinois
K - Thomas Weber, ASU
P - Justin Brantly, TAMU

Scotty D
07-13-2008, 10:14 PM
Dan Lefevour - He will be a first rounder

thebow305
07-14-2008, 12:14 AM
QB: Matt Sanchez
RB: Graig Cooper/Javarris James (homer) & Chris Wells
FB: None
WR: Sam Shields (homer), Michael Crabtree, & DHB
TE: Cornelius Ingram
OT: Jason Fox (homer), Sam Young, Alex Boone, & Phil Loadholt
OG: Herman Johnson
OC: Jonathan Luigs

DE: Eric Moncur (homer) & George Selvie
DT: Fili Moala
OLB: Brian Cushing
ILB: Rey Maualuga
CB: Macho Harris & Malcolm Jenkins
S: Anthony Reddick (homer) & Taylor Mays

Sniper
07-14-2008, 10:32 AM
QB- Tim Tebow
RB- Chris Wells/Carlos Brown
WR- Michael Crabtree/Percy Harvin
TE- Travis Beckum
LT- Andre Smith
LG- Duke Robinson
C- Jonathan Luigs
RG- Herman Johnson
RT- Eugene Monroe

DE- Brandon Graham
DT- Terrance Taylor
DT- Fili Moala
DE- Maurice Evans
LB- Rey Maualuga
LB- Gerald McRath
LB- Jasper Brinkley
CB- Vontae Davis
CB- Macho Harris
S-Taylor Mays
S- Patrick Chung

jnew76
07-15-2008, 06:48 PM
QB - Rusty Smith - FAU - I love what little I have seen from mim. (Honorable mention - Chase Daniel - Homer pick.... Curtis Painter - I like his improvement in comp. % and TD/INT ratio)

RB - DeMarco Murray - OU - If he is healthy, there is no one better in my opinion... he is gifted in the open field and has all the tools. Just have questions about the health of his knees. (Honorable Mention - LaMarcus Coker - Hampton - Kicked out of Tennessee for failing 4 drug tests, but has as much or more talent than any other RB in the country)

WR - Jeremy Maclin - MU - For my money, he is the best WR in college football and has only scratched the surface of his potential... Bigger than most people think and has vision, hands, and body control that I think are better than Percy Harvin... (Honorable mention - Ramses Barden - Cal Poly SLO - 6'6" 225 - with 4.5 speed... Brennan Marion - Tulsa - 6'1" 185 Burner with big numbers and a lot of talent)

TE - Chase Coffman - MU - bigger and better athlete than former teammate Martin Rucker. Great body control and jumping ability for a man his size. Could develop into a good blocker as well. (Honorable mention - Bear Pascoe - Fresno St. - His name is Bear... enough said)

OT - Xavier Fulton - Illinois - Converted DL who looks really good at OT. 6'6" and a lean 298lbs... He has the atlhletic ability to perform well in a ZBS with a frame to add weight.

I will do Defense later

neko4
07-15-2008, 07:53 PM
QB
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2006/1025/ncf_i_cdaniel_195.jpg

HB (Correct me if im wrong, but he's a Sophomore Redshirt, right?)
http://www.knowshonzone.com/images/knowshon-moreno-6.jpg

TE
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/49/491183.jpg

WR
http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/photo/2007-12/34289903.jpg

More later

eaglesfan_45
07-15-2008, 07:57 PM
DeMarco Murray FTW!!!

He is from Vegas, so that means he is amazing!!

Do you know who the last RB to come out of Vegas is??
Thats right....... THE Steven Jackson RB St. Louis Rams

DeMarco Murray Carrying on the Vegas tradition!!

Brent
07-17-2008, 07:58 PM
I cannot believe I forgot about him but he starts a former school of mine: Rhett Bomar, SHSU.

ATLDirtyBirds
07-17-2008, 09:15 PM
All about one man.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3207/2395189808_ded9f819f3_b.jpg

StrongSide97
07-17-2008, 10:44 PM
Ok, I'm changing my faves up a bit...

Arian Foster RB Tennessee

Jarrett Dilliard WR Rice

Ed Dickson TE Oregon

Andre Smith OT Alabama

Xavier Fulton OT Illinois

Brandon Walker OG Oklahoma

Terrill Byrd DT Cincinnati

Vontae Davis CB Illinois

Taylor Mays S Southern California

Jamarca Sanford S Ole Miss

themaninblack
07-18-2008, 01:17 AM
TO NEKO: Yes, Moreno is a RS Soph this season. But, I'd be really surprised if he came out this year but it wouldn't be the end of the world as we still would probably have Caleb King.

Brent
07-18-2008, 06:24 AM
Jarrett Dilliard WR Rice
Another Dillard mention!

Unbiased
08-07-2008, 05:07 PM
TO NEKO: Yes, Moreno is a RS Soph this season. But, I'd be really surprised if he came out this year but it wouldn't be the end of the world as we still would probably have Caleb King.

Why would you be surprised if he left?

eaglesfan_45
08-27-2008, 11:14 PM
Pat Kuntz DT Notre Dame

Pat Kuntz tehehehe..

Hokie_Pokie08
08-28-2008, 07:40 AM
QB:
Nate Davis
RB:
Knowshon Moreno
WR: