PDA

View Full Version : Culpepper back with Vikings?

Naked Jehuty
07-12-2008, 04:42 PM
With the history aside, wouldn't it make sense with the shaky Jackson at QB? Worst case scenario, you have a solid, proven back up who, if healthy, is more than capable to step in and perform. Pepper refused to sign w/ GB cuz he wouldve been a back up but he has to think that back in Minny with Jackson currently starting he could win that job.

Then-with the history-it makes even more sense. What do you guys think?

The Dynasty
07-12-2008, 06:55 PM
If we signed culpepper which i feel theres no way we do that he would be Jackson's Back Up. I would rather have a healthy Jackson before a injury concered Culpepper. There was a reason why Culpepper wasnt on the team when Childress took the field for his first game for the Vikings. Culpepper didnt like the system we were going to be in so we traded him. I am satisfied with our QB situtation at the moment. Yes it could get better but I still think Jackson needs more time then 16 staring games.

Vikings4ever
07-12-2008, 06:56 PM
That's why the Vikings brought back Gus Ferrotte.

And Ferrotte fits the west coast offense a lot better than Daunte.

the_legend_killer
07-12-2008, 07:15 PM
If we signed culpepper which i feel theres no way we do that he would be Jackson's Back Up. I would rather have a healthy Jackson before a injury concered Culpepper. There was a reason why Culpepper wasnt on the team when Childress took the field for his first game for the Vikings. Culpepper didnt like the system we were going to be in so we traded him. I am satisfied with our QB situtation at the moment. Yes it could get better but I still think Jackson needs more time then 16 staring games.

100% agree

Naked Jehuty
07-16-2008, 09:46 PM

Great answer Dynasty. Just a little speculation from a Jets fan and wanted a more informed Vikings fan's input. Guess this thread could begin its descent to the bottom of this page.

(And for the record- I have faith in Jackson! Although, I think its only cuz I use the Vikings as my madden team)

wogitalia
07-21-2008, 05:33 AM
I think the history actually goes against it happening. From what I recall, Childress and Pepper clashed big time.

I think we are pretty much set at QB to boot. Booty is the project if TJack is a no go, Ferrote is the insurance for the short term. Hopefully TJack comes good.

the_legend_killer
07-22-2008, 04:31 AM
(And for the record- I have faith in Jackson! Although, I think its only cuz I use the Vikings as my madden team)

Whenever I'd play Madden 08 online i'd bench T-Jax for Bollinger and it usually worked out well, lol.

The Dynasty
07-22-2008, 09:23 PM
Whenever I'd play Madden 08 online i'd bench T-Jax for Bollinger and it usually worked out well, lol.

I go with Tarvaris because it is easier to roll out with for me and then scrambling. But I do Fantasy Drafts a lot on Madden as well.

Kid_Ego
09-26-2008, 11:21 AM
When I play madden i usually simulate the seasons and just try to gm the team with solid draft picks and grabbing an occasional out cast or two I try to keep it as realistic as possible but trade the vetren players for draft picks. usually by year 4 i have won atleast 1 or two super bowls but tavaris jackson has never made it past year 3