PDA

View Full Version : Where Would Jared Gaither/Paul Oliver Have Gone?

BigRed
07-13-2008, 12:33 PM
Dunno if this has been brought up yet, but if they hadn't declared for the supplemental draft where do you think they would of gone this past draft? With the run on OTs that we had this year i wouldn't of been suprised to see Gaither go to the falcons, could of seen Oliver as a early-mid second rounder as well

bigbluedefense
07-13-2008, 01:31 PM
I liked Gaither better than most of the OTs in this draft class. Baltimore stole him for a 5th.

Oliver...eh, i dunno. He had a slow 40 time, he probably wouldve went in the 3rd at earliest.

doingthisinsteadofwork
07-13-2008, 01:49 PM
its impossible to have any idea where Gaither would have gone.

Paranoidmoonduck
07-13-2008, 02:03 PM
It's really hard to tell without having them go through another season and the battery of tests prior to the draft. Assuming that Gaither didn't have a season comparable to Barry Richardson, he might have gone quite early considering the demand for tackles in this past draft.

CC.SD
07-13-2008, 02:18 PM
Oliver had a slow 40 time because they basically dragged him out of class and onto the track; no preparation.

He's getting some good reviews this offseason; obviously that doesn't affect where he would have gone, but it's enough to remind you that he was considered one of the top DBs if he'd of come out this past draft.

Burns336
07-13-2008, 02:25 PM
Oliver had a slow 40 time because they basically dragged him out of class and onto the track; no preparation.

He's getting some good reviews this offseason; obviously that doesn't affect where he would have gone, but it's enough to remind you that he was considered one of the top DBs if he'd of come out this past draft.

He probably would have been better fit in a cover 2 as a CB. I believe the Chargers have switched him to safety though.

ATLDirtyBirds
07-13-2008, 03:00 PM
Seeing the thread title on the board, Where would Jared... made me think...

Where would have fat subway Jared have gone?

http://www.urbanhonking.com/digest/archives/fat_j.jpg

I'm thinking late first/early second.

BaLLiN
07-13-2008, 08:30 PM
Well Gaither really didnt play well, but he was a physical freak. So id probably say like 3rd for him.

Oliver is great in man to man. so he'd be valued alot higher than he should. so id probably say 2nd for him, with a slightly better 40 time.

Ravens1991
07-13-2008, 09:13 PM
Gaither could have went anywhere from top 5 to the 3rd.

PACKmanN
07-13-2008, 09:44 PM
I liked Gaither better than most of the OTs in this draft class. Baltimore stole him for a 5th.

Oliver...eh, i dunno. He had a slow 40 time, he probably wouldve went in the 3rd at earliest.

I think someone might have taken him in the 3rd and moved him to safety.

PossumBoy9
07-13-2008, 10:19 PM
its impossible to have any idea where Gaither would have gone.

Yeah....but the run on OTs certainly can't be denied.

The Rams picked John Greco at the top of the 3rd round....and I actually think he was the best "OT" left on the board.

How would you rate Gaither to Greco?