PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here ever try P90 or P90X?

703SKINS202
07-14-2008, 06:37 PM
So I have been watching a lot of infomercials lately for the P90X fitness program and I am really intrigued. I did some research and it seems to recommend to use the original P90 system if you are a beginner. I was wondering if anyone on here has ever used it and had tips or opinions on this. Im 20 years old like 5'10 almost and 155. My arms aren't bad but my chest is pretty small and decided I have been waiting too long to work out and am really focused on getting stronger in my upper chest. Does anyone know if this product would be good for that it seems like there are a lot of success stories of people getting ripped but I couldn't really fins stories of people who were already pretty fit but looking to add muscle.

Crickett
07-14-2008, 06:40 PM

I thought this thread was going to be about something else. :(

http://www.d3lf.net/p90/images/fn_p90.jpg

703SKINS202
07-14-2008, 06:43 PM
Lol damn I messed that up I'll bet people will make the same mistake.

Brent
07-14-2008, 06:46 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about something else
I thought of that and a Ruger pistol. haha. Anyway, to answer the original post, you dont need any of those silly TV-sold fitness programs. Honestly, all those gimmicky programs are worthless, you can get so much from just doing traditional lifting and running. It really isn't complicated. We had that weightlifting thread before, there is some advice there.

HChu
07-14-2008, 06:58 PM
Been listening to the Junks? But seriously, I doubt the actual results of the machines they advertise on television.

703SKINS202
07-14-2008, 07:01 PM
Been listening to the Junks? But seriously, I doubt the actual results of the machines they advertise on television.

Haha that too.

Bruce
07-14-2008, 07:04 PM
P-40 FTW

1: what do you think about the P-31
2: well what do you think about the P-31

1: I think its a piece of ****
2: what is it diaz well diaz what do you think we should do with the P-31

1: I think we should scrap it
2: anyone else think we should scrap the P-31 (all cops raise there hands) alright scraped and cause you want it scraped you want 31 flavors go to baskin robins
3: sir

1: what is it
2: I think we should use the P-40

1:alright who thinks we should use the P-40 (all cops raise their hands) alright P-40 it is and you wanna know why cause you want it

PACKmanN
07-14-2008, 08:13 PM
So I have been watching a lot of infomercials lately for the P90X fitness program and I am really intrigued. I did some research and it seems to recommend to use the original P90 system if you are a beginner. I was wondering if anyone on here has ever used it and had tips or opinions on this. Im 20 years old like 5'10 almost and 155. My arms aren't bad but my chest is pretty small and decided I have been waiting too long to work out and am really focused on getting stronger in my upper chest. Does anyone know if this product would be good for that it seems like there are a lot of success stories of people getting ripped but I couldn't really fins stories of people who were already pretty fit but looking to add muscle.

You will need to buy more products then just the video, haven't tried it though.

TCU
07-14-2008, 08:30 PM
i have seen those infomercials all the time and it looks like you really have to work your ass off for the results and if you work your ass off then you dont really need the p90 and as for the p90...i would use the m4.

jayceheathman
07-14-2008, 10:17 PM
i have seen those infomercials all the time and it looks like you really have to work your ass off for the results and if you work your ass off then you dont really need the p90 and as for the p90...i would use the m4.

Exactly. All it is some guy trying to push you not to give up once you give him your money. If you bust your ass at lifting or running you are going to get those results as well. All he does is change routines up so different muscles are being used.

703SKINS202
07-14-2008, 10:33 PM
Exactly. All it is some guy trying to push you not to give up once you give him your money. If you bust your ass at lifting or running you are going to get those results as well. All he does is change routines up so different muscles are being used.

I feel you, part of my problem is laziness though so I'm hoping I can just use this as a means to an end and after I'm done and hopefully see results I'll have a new attitude on lifting.

j05son
07-14-2008, 10:46 PM

Someone plays CS?

BeerBaron
07-14-2008, 10:48 PM

haha...thats exactly what I thought of when i saw the thread name. Was thinking to myself "this is an awfully specific Counter Strike thread to find on a football board..."

jayceheathman
07-14-2008, 10:48 PM
I feel you, part of my problem is laziness though so I'm hoping I can just use this as a means to an end and after I'm done and hopefully see results I'll have a new attitude on lifting.

I see where you are coming from because its been a little while since I have played football and I cant seem to get up and even come close to the conditioning we did. I'm lucky if I even wake up before 12. Its like I have no motivation to get up and do something so I just stay in eating Dibs.

Canadian_kid16
07-14-2008, 11:00 PM
do a variety of different pushups, crunches, cardio all for free. I do 200 of both crunches and pushups a day (do about 20 an hour if you have the chance, they only take a total of 5 minutes), while doing 30 laps of cardio in my pool, and I'm seeing the results. Lifting can be added if you want, but its not neccessary